Reckamonic's Ocarina of Time Mafia..OVER! Was Hyrule saved?

DTMaster
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3200 (ISO) » Sat Dec 04, 2010 11:35 am

Post by DTMaster »

@Beefster
1. I'm assuming you are referring to the fact that Aikage claimed: "I have an important role, here is my results" but "I didn't to full claim" contradiction you are point at. Did I not mention it earlier?

This is the post you're quoting yourself (correct me if I am wrong)
Beef wrote:To explain my position, Aikage claimed "Medigoron" earlier. He says that knowing his role would help the town in understanding his play, but he refuses to claim fully. I'm seeing some scummy inconsistency here.
This was my counter that I addressed to BL. You do know you should read everything in my posts:
DTM wrote: 2. Since scum has a fake role there wouldn't be a reason for scum to withhold from claiming would there . With this kind of heat, it'll be just easy for Aikage to claim as scum and carry on. You can see it in reverse. If someone was town and really wanted to hide their role they wouldn't claim because they would want what ever critical part of their role hidden. Since we know that scum do have fake claims, there's no reason for Aikage to not claim .

There's more reason for town-Aikage if he's telling the truth to hide his role if he felt it was that important.
This is the pro-town reason because the instinct of survival isn't there.

2. Um my role has a subtle reference that Reck is a big fat fairy (ie slang for being gay). I don't see the issue in that.
Arguing that the mods predetermined the roles is not I repeat not a scum argument. You are speculating on flavour
. This is super off topic and no reason why mods add their own personal jokes into the roles about themselves.

@Moth
1. Aikage wasn't UNDER VOTING PRESSURE. Yes MANY PEOPLE KEPT ON ASKING FOR HIS FULL CLAIM and MANY PEOPLE LIKE ME/NIKANOR/ETC ARE PERPLEXED TO WHY THIS IS SUCH AN ISSUE.

He was under ATTACK FOR NOT CLAIMING AT THE END OF DAY 2 and NOW for not claiming. THIS WAGON IS THE MOST RECENT WAGON to form VOTING PRESSURE. Ihmo if he ever claims.

2. Hell Aikage probably needs to be replaced due to his disappearance. Why is ABR the VOICE OF REASON when I DON'T TRUST THAT MAN TO KEEP A COOKIE SAFE.

If you read my argument that I quoted BL: There is sometimes a reason someone withholds information.

People: If you think the man scum then you're on the right wagon. If you don't think so and ANYONE VOTING SIMPLY BECAUSE HE HAS INFO AND DOESN'T WANT TO SHARE should be shot.

Cupcake/DGB
1. Except Substrike had a fake claim that matched the others according to Chrono. Fake claims would have been provided by the mod in this case, negating any possible side effects from the players. There's no reason for scum to
not claim
. There's more reason for town to
not claim

Case: Nikanor. Reward: Dead Scum.
Le Cupcake
Le Cupcake
Goon
Le Cupcake
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3201 (ISO) » Sat Dec 04, 2010 11:36 am

Post by Le Cupcake »

Hence...

You're not town this game are you, DGB. :(
Cupcake Mafia II has been delayed due to multiple instances of multiple computers spontaneously combusting...-_-
Reckamonic
Reckamonic
Goon
Reckamonic
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3202 (ISO) » Sat Dec 04, 2010 12:35 pm

Post by Reckamonic »

SensFan replaces nameloc!
._.
meeeeeeep?
mothrax
mothrax
Mafia Scum
mothrax
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3203 (ISO) » Sat Dec 04, 2010 12:38 pm

Post by mothrax »

Umm, DTM, take your own advice and read my posts. Tell me where I said he was under voting pressure before today? My statement was that he had disappeared under pressure then I gave a date of his LATEST post. It should have been an easy correlation to make that I was referring to the current wagon.

Good try though, and your defense of him is noted.
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Welcome to the Haystack
Pronoun: She

Post Post #3204 (ISO) » Sat Dec 04, 2010 12:54 pm

Post by Ythan »

More pages and still nothing that is supposed to happen has happened.
Beefster
Beefster
Mafia Scum
Beefster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3205 (ISO) » Sat Dec 04, 2010 12:56 pm

Post by Beefster »

@DTM: 3 things:
1. The instinct of survival is a null-tell. There are plenty of good protown reasons to do everything you can to stay alive, as are there anti-town reasons. It's pro-self, which ends up being pro-faction in the long run.
2. I think you're missing the point that Aikage is holding back information that he claims will help the town.
3. We don't have any concrete proof that scum were given fakeclaims... at least not all scum. We have a little evidence from Substrike, but he may have made his fakeclaim up himself, modeled after his real role PM. It wouldn't be that hard. You wouldn't have to do more than change alignments and fix a few flavor words.
On hiatus indefinitely. This was a nice distraction when I was working through my faith transition out of Mormonism, but I need to move on to bigger and better things now.
Get to know a meat boy
DTMaster
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3206 (ISO) » Sat Dec 04, 2010 7:12 pm

Post by DTMaster »

@Moth
1. I wonder if Aikage is an alt atm since the only posts he's done are the 19 posts he's done in this game and the last one was on the 29th of November.

Mod: Prod/force replace Aikage

2. As an aside if you are going to use the "lurking is a null tell argument is null" you would apply that to Aikage
because there is no evidence for him being on the website since the time of his last post
. Mothrax if you wish me to excuse your earlier play for being "busy" then you also must apply that to Aikage. Even in mid attack.

Doing so is hypocritical of you.

@Beef
3. Except it's not Aikage being "pro-survival". He's doing the opposite. In this case for scum-Aikage he's more inclined to claim to survive. In town Aikage, he's risking lynch which is death) at the moment with his reluctance to claim. I'm not debating on why Aikage should claim to survive, I'm showing you that it's how Aikage handled this claim that makes me read it as a newb risk all situation.

A good case (if I can pull it out I'll find it in Nikanor's wiki) was MrSuave in one of Nikanor's game. He claimed a role that would would get him killed N1 if he chose to claim. As a newb player, he got himself lynched because he was anti-town all game. He flipped
Doctor
. He was at L-1 and claimed that he would die if he claimed (or close to it). If you do that in hindsight you see that MrSuave was hinting at that all game, even though he's being anti-town. He deserved the lynch, but at the same time if you ask yourself the question:

What's the motive in claiming that? It's just easier to claim Doc as scum/town so why be that round about it?

I believe the direction could have become more constructive.

If I apply the newb argument to Aikage (seen by his date of joining the website) it parallels a newb player with an awesome role being anti-town. I'm not missing the point.

You want to know Why Aikage came to the conclusion that Ythan is town and Why Aikage thinks he kills someone. It's not good enough for you to know that Aikage claimed these things. I'm arguing that we don't need to know why because Aikage's claim of the results do not have scum motivation. It would be easier as Aikage-scum to avoid all this drama to act like Zwet.

It's in my gut feeling that this hyper tunneling on the claim is giving multiple people on the wagon easy access to just coast. Aikage is at fault for not doing anything, but I see there are people who are flying under the radar.

3. Chrono claimed that Substrike claimed before most of the Sages. This means that Substrike must have had the claim prepared in advanced to be one of the first people to claim. Conclusion: Fake claim. Otherwise you're calling Chrono a liar then.
DTMaster
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3207 (ISO) » Sat Dec 04, 2010 7:14 pm

Post by DTMaster »

Also Ythan who's taken a large backseat recently is different from his day 1 play. I dislike this change in Ythan. I can't tell if it's disinterest or simply he's lolozing at the stalling.
DTMaster
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3208 (ISO) » Sat Dec 04, 2010 7:15 pm

Post by DTMaster »

Since we are stalling I'm going to do a reread of people that I made note of in my other posts. It's something productive to do. I dislike the notion that people must wait on the claim before making decisions. Going to check out the people who're doing that as well.
DTMaster
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3209 (ISO) » Sat Dec 04, 2010 7:17 pm

Post by DTMaster »

Also Mothrax, do make a judgement call. If Aikage is town then what is your read on me? If Aikage is scum what is your read on me? Don't be vauge about it. I can take the criticism. I'm calling Aikage town, thus I'm defending him. I don't care what you think, if I was playing optimally I would try and get my scum suspects lynched and keep my town reads alive.
zwetschenwasser
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
Doktor der Musik

Post Post #3210 (ISO) » Sat Dec 04, 2010 8:08 pm

Post by zwetschenwasser »

2 mothrax, hi
UW Huskies Class of 2014!
Spontaneous Bastard Mafia II is accepting replacements.
vezokpiraka
vezokpiraka
Jack of All Trades
vezokpiraka
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3211 (ISO) » Sat Dec 04, 2010 11:35 pm

Post by vezokpiraka »

Can we replace aikage?
Windows hasn't detected any keyboard. Press Enter.
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Welcome to the Haystack
Pronoun: She

Post Post #3212 (ISO) » Sat Dec 04, 2010 11:53 pm

Post by Ythan »

DTMaster wrote:Also Ythan who's taken a large backseat recently is different from his day 1 play. I dislike this change in Ythan. I can't tell if it's disinterest or simply he's lolozing at the stalling.
My semester just ended, which combined with a period of no internet whatsoever has had a slight impact on my ability to post.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #3213 (ISO) » Sun Dec 05, 2010 3:42 am

Post by DrippingGoofball »

Replace'n'Claim

The replacement claims in first post.

I'd be happy with that. We're not letting the Aikage player slot get away with this.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
Aikage
Aikage
Townie
Aikage
Townie
Townie

Post Post #3214 (ISO) » Sun Dec 05, 2010 6:53 am

Post by Aikage »

sorry guys i was having tecnical difficultes.

whoa i have a big wagon on me!! thats ok tho, it should help with figurin out who is scum. beefster is lookin even scummier cuz he is liyng about what my role does to attack me. i alredy said that i got my vote back. theres probly another scum on my wagon, im thinkin like chronopi but im not sure. i will look at that.

it looks like im at 2 to lynch so i will claim. i dont see why you guys want me too so much, but whatever!
Reckamonic wrote:
I'm working on something really cool right now! But I think it's going to take a while... If you can wait five or six years, it should be ready. OK?

Welcome to Ocarina of Time Mafia,
Aikage
. You are
Medigoron
. You run a small blacksmith shop on Death Mountain... though it’s not as good as your brother’s. And you can make some cool things... though they’re not as good as your brother’s. In fact, you know what? You’re tired of being compared to your brother! If you step up and help fight against the evil in Hyrule, maybe you’ll be recognized as a hero...and then people can stop comparing you to your goddamn brother!

Race:
Fiery Giant Goron
Faction:
Hero

You are a
Anti-Sleeper Voteless Untargetable Inventor
. You have the following special abilities:

Passive Abilities:

Walls and Grudges
- Your brother, ALWAYS your brother. Well, until your brother dies, your staying behind your walls, so there! Until Biggoron dies, you are untargetable, but also voteless.
Complete Darkness
- As long as Walls and Grudges is in effect, you cannot use Collection Studying.

Active Abilities:

Goron Collection
- You possess 5 inventions, labelled A to E. Each day you may give one of them to a player of your choice, who’ll receive it at twilight. The player who receives it will be given the same info as the one you possess about the invention upon reception.
Collection Studying
- Each night, you may take the time to identify one of your inventions.

Invention A
- ???
Invention B
- ???
Invention C
- ???
Invention D
- ???
Invention E
- ???

Please remember that you can use only one active ability per phase.

Win Condition (Hero):
You win when all threats have been eliminated and the land of Hyrule is safe once again.

Please confirm via return PM.

The topic is here: http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... 53&start=0
there i claimed, now im probly gonna get nightkilled cause i have a sweet role now that i cna vote and help the town
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #3215 (ISO) » Sun Dec 05, 2010 7:13 am

Post by DrippingGoofball »

WOW

This is the most complex voteless pseudovanilla role EVER

UNVOTE:
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
Bunnylover
Bunnylover
Mafia Scum
Bunnylover
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3216 (ISO) » Sun Dec 05, 2010 7:13 am

Post by Bunnylover »

Aikage I am a little confused.
What did you target Fate with? I am reading your role, and see nothing that you can target a player with.

Also have you decided who you are going to give your invention to for today? You should have one if Biggoron died Day 2, Night 2 you should have used Collection Studying, meaning you have an invention to give today with Goron Collection.
Show
I have played 25 games:
Town wins : 13
Scum wins : 3
Town loses : 7
Scum loses : 2

I do not attack the player of a post, but the post itself. I would appreciate it if you do the same.
Leagues of Legends, come join the fun: LoL Site
DTMaster
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3217 (ISO) » Sun Dec 05, 2010 7:13 am

Post by DTMaster »

Uhhhhhhhhhhhh... well this did fit with my theory that Aikage didn't actually kill Fate, and that him Targeting Fate was a coincidence.

a. We verify that Aikage's Grudges is somewhat true.
b. Ythan isn't verified to be townie.

Ythan can you verify that Aikage gave you an invention?

I feel like this was a wall of stupid V.V.
DTMaster
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3218 (ISO) » Sun Dec 05, 2010 7:15 am

Post by DTMaster »

BL: Aikage gives inventions as claimed. They'd be unknown inventions to what I read.
DTMaster
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3219 (ISO) » Sun Dec 05, 2010 7:26 am

Post by DTMaster »

My original working theory was Aikage was going to claim mystery role. >>;; (ie a role where he didn't know his action (s) hence why he thought he could kill people and was speculating in thread).

Aikage: why did you think one of your inventions could kill people?
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix
Pronoun: She/Faer

Post Post #3220 (ISO) » Sun Dec 05, 2010 7:52 am

Post by Lady Lambdadelta »

Suprizingly, that's believable. >.<
Yes my Lord, but questions are dangerous, for they have answers.

13 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you,
click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra, Airna, Fiadh and Laoise.
Soar on wings of retribution and set the world ablaze
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3221 (ISO) » Sun Dec 05, 2010 8:01 am

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

I want to lynch someone else.
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix
Pronoun: She/Faer

Post Post #3222 (ISO) » Sun Dec 05, 2010 8:07 am

Post by Lady Lambdadelta »

I want to lynch Zwet.
Yes my Lord, but questions are dangerous, for they have answers.

13 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you,
click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra, Airna, Fiadh and Laoise.
Soar on wings of retribution and set the world ablaze
Bunnylover
Bunnylover
Mafia Scum
Bunnylover
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3223 (ISO) » Sun Dec 05, 2010 8:09 am

Post by Bunnylover »

Oh ok, so Aikage doesn't have to identify what his invention are to use his invention and give them.
Therefore he tried to give one to Fate and Aikage believed he caused his death, and I guess he tried to give the same one to Ythan which is why he believes Ythan is confirmed townie. Is that right, or can someone explain it (its early in the morning for me).
Show
I have played 25 games:
Town wins : 13
Scum wins : 3
Town loses : 7
Scum loses : 2

I do not attack the player of a post, but the post itself. I would appreciate it if you do the same.
Leagues of Legends, come join the fun: LoL Site
AKnottedRope
AKnottedRope
Goon
AKnottedRope
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3224 (ISO) » Sun Dec 05, 2010 8:39 am

Post by AKnottedRope »

YEY AIKAGE FULL CLAIMED THANK THE LORD JESUS!

Kso, I'm done with my eagle project, so I'll have more time on my hands now. I still need to re-read beefster, because that's likely where my vote will be going soon, but I want to be able to produce a case.

Aikage: Has Biggoron died? If not, why did you think you had a vote today? (or did you? am I remembering this wrong?)
Show
A moment of silence, please, for those who never get the chance. They show up to the party but are never asked to dance. The losers, the liars, the bastards, the thieves, the cynisists, the pessimists, and those who don't believe in nothing!

Record on MS:
Town 2-3*
Scum 1-0
*Ocarina of Time Mafia... Yeah....

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”