Mini 1087 - The Dresden Files Game Over!

LimMePls
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #200 (ISO) » Fri Dec 03, 2010 9:17 am

Post by LimMePls »

Zdenek wrote:First of all, LMP's self-vote. I've seen scum caught day one for essentially their self-vote and subsequent reaction to questioning. I'm still definitely worried about LMP because of this early move. I'm all the more concerned because when he made the self-vote, we'd already had the fake vig kill so we were well on the way out of RVS. The fact that he didn't have a plan to determine scum reactions from town reactions makes me think that he was just reaction fishing which was unnecessary at that point in the game.
This is absurd. The daykill was an OBVIOUS JOKE. Anyone with an IQ above single digits could tell it wasn't real. Why was it worthy of discussion or having an opinion of it at all? I also fail to see how it was by itself worthy of driving us out of RVS, or why more than one person taking actions that can drive us out of RVS is bad. Your suspicions are ridiculous.
"LynchMePls is more town than all the players I've ever declared to be townies. And that's never going to change." - Drippereth

V/LA on weekends
Mariyta
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #201 (ISO) » Fri Dec 03, 2010 9:40 am

Post by Mariyta »

havingfitz wrote: So WTF Mari....why the pass on Anti, LMP, Enigma, or Fate? Your reasons for suspecting me are extremely weak (based on ~2 posts?). I'm not even the first one to ignore the daykill. I'm 3rd on that list. While I don't have the familiarity of you that apparently you do of Anti I would hope after 4 years on this site your scumhunting skills would be more refined and take more into account than they appear to be in this instance.

So you think the only reason I'm voting you is because you didn't comment on the DK? Wrong. I voted you because you didn't comment on
anything
1) I stated I skimmed through it. Misrep.
2) So the fact I smiled at Antihero for using 'TIMIDITY ' to describe my RV is one of your voting factors? The old emoticon scumtell. Niiiiiice....... Almost a misrep but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt on it. Still a reach IMO.
1. 3 pages is not skim-worthy. There is no misrep. Skimming is not reading.
2. This is a misrep. I am in no way voting you for using a smiley. I'm not inHim, after all.

It's nice to know that zdenek is fitz's scumbuddy. Fun times.

Fate, you ready to bring your ball to the playground yet? What do you think of fitz and zdenek? We already know what you think of smarg.
Millions long for immortality who don't know what to do with themselves on a rainy Sunday afternoon.
-Susan Ertz

Whoever thinks grammar is not important, think again. Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse and helping your uncle jack off a horse.
smargaret
smargaret
Mafia Scum
smargaret
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #202 (ISO) » Fri Dec 03, 2010 1:27 pm

Post by smargaret »

So Fate, why is your vote still on me, when you were voting me for voting you when I wasn't actually voting you?

Fake bonus points if you made it through that sentence.
Fate
Fate
:HAPPY:
Fate

Post Post #203 (ISO) » Fri Dec 03, 2010 5:57 pm

Post by Fate »

Because you're still voting a nowhere wagon, IIRC david. If david has more votes on him than yours then I apologize.
Fate is absurdly beautiful. 運命に弄ばれる
"Fate you keep alternating between narratives of doing it for fun and doing it for the sake of winning"
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #204 (ISO) » Fri Dec 03, 2010 5:58 pm

Post by Fate »

And no mariyta I'm not. I think fitz is town though
"Fate you keep alternating between narratives of doing it for fun and doing it for the sake of winning"
smargaret
smargaret
Mafia Scum
smargaret
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #205 (ISO) » Fri Dec 03, 2010 6:01 pm

Post by smargaret »

@Mod, you have me as a double voter again.

I'm the best vote counter there ever was!

Corrected, again.
Last edited by TheButtonmen on Fri Dec 03, 2010 6:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
smargaret
smargaret
Mafia Scum
smargaret
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #206 (ISO) » Fri Dec 03, 2010 6:02 pm

Post by smargaret »

So Fate, are you not scumhunting this game?
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #207 (ISO) » Fri Dec 03, 2010 6:04 pm

Post by Fate »

Not yet no, I've admitted to it. Monday and friends will be kind to me and I may pull through
DavidParker
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #208 (ISO) » Fri Dec 03, 2010 7:16 pm

Post by DavidParker »

Sorry, V/LA til monday.

Noted.
Last edited by TheButtonmen on Sat Dec 04, 2010 6:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
"To die will be an awfully big adventure"
Antihero
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
al;kdjfal;kj

Post Post #209 (ISO) » Fri Dec 03, 2010 7:47 pm

Post by Antihero »

Fate wrote:I'm here intentionally lurking btw, surprised Antihero hasn't called me out on it
You explained it w/ an LA. >_>
Z wrote:What I mean is that he self-voted to try to get a reaction, but didn't have a plan to determine what constituted a scummy reaction from a town reaction, so really it was just an attempt to get the game started. As far as what it says about his alignment, I think self votes are safe because they avoid started arguments and are more likely to be done by scum than town in RVS (at least in my experience this is true) and it bothers me that made this move late in RVS (arguably after RVS) so I'd say it makes me lean scum on him.
Why am I having to interrogate you to get this? I don't remember it being this hard in Night watch.
The distance between insanity and genius is measured only by success.
Zdenek
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #210 (ISO) » Sat Dec 04, 2010 12:30 am

Post by Zdenek »

Antihero wrote: Why am I having to interrogate you to get this? I don't remember it being this hard in Night watch.
As LMP points out, my reasons for being suspicious of him weren't great, so I was hoping to keep them to myself for a bit longer. However, now we have his reaction to them:
LMP wrote: This is absurd. The daykill was an OBVIOUS JOKE. Anyone with an IQ above single digits could tell it wasn't real. Why was it worthy of discussion or having an opinion of it at all? I also fail to see how it was by itself worthy of driving us out of RVS, or why more than one person taking actions that can drive us out of RVS is bad. Your suspicions are ridiculous.
You're ignoring the entire point. If you go back and read, you'll see that the game was well on it's way out of RVS. Fitz was chastised for making a random vote a few posts below yours.

Making a random vote is move that avoids conflict, doesn't put pressure on anyone, and allows scum to take extra time before making a serious vote. The scum motives are much stronger than the town motives and the town motive that could have applied, hardly does in your case.

Unvote CityofAs
Vote LMP
I have secret plans and clever tricks.
- The Enormous Crocodile.
DavidParker
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #211 (ISO) » Sat Dec 04, 2010 9:33 am

Post by DavidParker »

Back early ! content coming sooon!
"To die will be an awfully big adventure"
Antihero
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
al;kdjfal;kj

Post Post #212 (ISO) » Sat Dec 04, 2010 9:39 am

Post by Antihero »

Just saw a couple things.
havingfitz wrote: So WTF Mari....why the pass on Anti, LMP, Enigma, or Fate? Your reasons for suspecting me are extremely weak (based on ~2 posts?). I'm not even the first one to ignore the daykill. I'm 3rd on that list. While I don't have the familiarity of you that apparently you do of Anti I would hope after 4 years on this site your scumhunting skills would be more refined and take more into account than they appear to be in this instance.

Appeal to proficiency lulz.
Mari wrote:It's nice to know that zdenek is fitz's scumbuddy. Fun times.
I like being sheeped.

But I'd like to get you out of the "probably town but something is nagging at me" territory you seem to perpetually inhabit.

Fate is still scum; that marge vote was pretty full of fail
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #213 (ISO) » Sat Dec 04, 2010 1:09 pm

Post by Debonair Danny DiPietro »

Zdenek wrote:
Debonair Danny DiPietro wrote: I will note that because of my vote I'm leaning town on Antihero and CityofAs
I'd like you to explain this logic because I have never seen it before. How can someone's vote be the reason for their reads?
Should be obvious that its because of their reaction to my vote which is caused by my vote; I just didn't bother spelling out all the intermediate connections.
CityofAs
CityofAs
Townie
CityofAs
Townie
Townie

Post Post #214 (ISO) » Sat Dec 04, 2010 5:01 pm

Post by CityofAs »

Zdenek wrote:CityofAs, I still want to know what is scummy about wagonning.
What do you mean? She made the lynch more likely without giving any new reasoning as to why she thought he was scummy. She also called it a blatant bandwagon (which is a scum move). I have seen scum draw attention to their own scummy play in this way, in an attempt to discount it. Blatant bandwagonning with no new reasoning is scummy, but the scummiest part of that post was the fact that she stated that she was bandwagoning. (fitz's blatant random vote was also scummy, but random voting in itself is not)
Zdenek wrote:Do you think that smarg's bandwagon vote on Fate is the only scummy thing she's done? What about HavingFitz, is his random vote at the start of the game the only scummy thing you thinks he's done?
@smargaret: No. She voted DP for fake daykill, which is null imo. I've seen town do this. she also doesn't appear to have posted much content or scumhunting.

@havingfitz: Not really. he had a weak defense of his random vote. however, I think his wall post was honest scumhunting, even though I don't agree with everything he said. he seems to be trying to help the town more than smarg is.
LynchMePls wrote:Please explain in a single post both of the cases you were making in 93 and 94, and why you feel the one on smargaret was better.
CityofAs@havingfits: wrote: obv random is weird. why try so hard to make a random vote? Looks like trying too hard to blend in.

But obv wagon is even worse (especially with no reasons) ... I've seen scum blatantly do scummy things, and draw attention to it to WIFOM suspicion away.
I thought that fitz making an obvious random vote was scummy. he appeared to be trying to look normal by voting, but being so emphatically obvious about it was weird.

I thought that smarg's vote was worse. she essentially did the same thing, an obv random vote, except this was a bandwagon. I said a couple quotes above why this is scummy.

What it looks to me is that you just disagree with me on which case is more incriminating... which I don't think is a reason for me to be scum. What's wrong with two townies disagreeing with each other? Do you expect everyone to agree with you on everything, and those who don't should get lynched?
havingfitz wrote:When I posted the game had been open only 32 posts and a few hours. That's still RV stage to me. You obviously have a different opinion.
IMO, RVS is not determined by time or amount of posts, but by seriousness/content of posts. So determining what stage the game is at without fully reading the thread is a mistake.
Zdenek wrote:I'm keeping my vote on CoA because I see no reason to remove it based on his play.
examples of my scummy play please, besides the post I have already addressed numerous times

Tags fixed
smargaret
smargaret
Mafia Scum
smargaret
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #215 (ISO) » Sat Dec 04, 2010 6:40 pm

Post by smargaret »

Oopidstay wrote:
TheButtonmen wrote:
The "Dammit HavinFitz it's only been five hours!" Vote Count:

DavidParker: Mariyta
Fate: , smargaret, HavingFitz
Mariyta: DavidParker, Oopidstay,Antihero
CityofAs : Zdenek
LMP: LMP

With 12 alive it's 7 to lynch.
TheButtonmen wrote:
Vote Count:

DavidParker: Mariyta
Mariyta: DavidParker, Oopidstay,Antihero
CityofAs : Zdenek
LMP: LMP
TheButtonmen wrote:
Vote Count:

TheButtonmen wrote:
Vote Count:

Fate:
I demand to know who this mysterious voter is!
Oop, why are you going overboard about the votecount?
smargaret wrote:Okay, I have a major lack of creativity. Enlighten me, please.
That hasn't been answered yet, DDD.
LynchMePls wrote:

The smargaret accusation at that point in time was weak.
Smargaret has done more recent stuff that is much better. So the voting smargaret when your accusation of fitz was stronger is strange. So I disagree with your assessment of the strength of those two cases. Hence my vote and questions.

Please explain in a single post both of the cases you were making in 93 and 94, and why you feel the one on smargaret was better.
LynchMePls wrote:Pretty sure we can't go wrong with lynching fitz or smargaret today.
I'm curious to hear LMP's response to this as well.

All of these things are setting off alarm bells.

DDD, I'm not asking for a full-out case, but really, how hard can it be to provide a basic reason for a vote? Even if it was role-related, you can come up with something if you look hard enough - I find it hard to believe that you can't provide any sort of justification, and to channel Fate, how can you expect your targets to get lynched if you won't tell the town why they need lynching? I really feel like you're scum backing off a bad move.

CoA, I did explain that that was a random vote based on Fate yelling at me for not using my vote to wagon effectively in a recently-completed game, right? Two votes is nowhere near a lynch being likely; I'm curious why you're concerned that it is.

UNVOTE:
VOTE: DDD
Antihero
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
al;kdjfal;kj

Post Post #216 (ISO) » Sat Dec 04, 2010 7:23 pm

Post by Antihero »

Don't waste votes, marge.

They kill the sea turtles. :cry:

Not true!

I updated, they now kill puppies.
smargaret
smargaret
Mafia Scum
smargaret
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #217 (ISO) » Sat Dec 04, 2010 7:39 pm

Post by smargaret »

We're 9 pages into day 1, it's too early for votes to be wasted.
Antihero
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
al;kdjfal;kj

Post Post #218 (ISO) » Sat Dec 04, 2010 8:33 pm

Post by Antihero »

Votes can be wasted if they are placed on townish people.

Then they fall into a vast ocean of fail and strangle baby dolphins.

How can you live with yourself?

(BTW, happy birthday :D )
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #219 (ISO) » Sun Dec 05, 2010 12:24 am

Post by Fate »

So you agree thaqt smarg wastes her vote, but call my vote on her for the same crap.

Mhmmm
Zdenek
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Zdenek
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #220 (ISO) » Sun Dec 05, 2010 2:45 am

Post by Zdenek »

CityofAs, I think that you'll find that both town and scum blatantly bandwagon and point it out. I kept my vote on you because I had no read on you and no one better to move it to at the time.
I have secret plans and clever tricks.
- The Enormous Crocodile.
Mariyta
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #221 (ISO) » Sun Dec 05, 2010 3:28 am

Post by Mariyta »

Antihero wrote:
I like being sheeped.
Terribly sorry. I shall never again form my own opinion of someone you also happen to suspect. Please forgive me. :roll:

I still like a fitz lynch better, because zdenek has been more active and a smidge less scummy.

Happy Birthday, smarg!! (Oh no! Sheeping Antihero again! Bad me.)
Millions long for immortality who don't know what to do with themselves on a rainy Sunday afternoon.
-Susan Ertz

Whoever thinks grammar is not important, think again. Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse and helping your uncle jack off a horse.
Oopidstay
Oopidstay
Goon
Oopidstay
Goon
Goon

Post Post #222 (ISO) » Sun Dec 05, 2010 5:46 am

Post by Oopidstay »

LynchMePls wrote:
Zdenek wrote:First of all, LMP's self-vote. I've seen scum caught day one for essentially their self-vote and subsequent reaction to questioning. I'm still definitely worried about LMP because of this early move. I'm all the more concerned because when he made the self-vote, we'd already had the fake vig kill so we were well on the way out of RVS. The fact that he didn't have a plan to determine scum reactions from town reactions makes me think that he was just reaction fishing which was unnecessary at that point in the game.
This is absurd. The daykill was an OBVIOUS JOKE. Anyone with an IQ above single digits could tell it wasn't real. Why was it worthy of discussion or having an opinion of it at all? I also fail to see how it was by itself worthy of driving us out of RVS, or why more than one person taking actions that can drive us out of RVS is bad. Your suspicions are ridiculous.
Overly strong reaction, much? Fake daykills are a good conversation starter, IMO.
smargaret wrote:Oop, why are you going overboard about the votecount?
I was emphatically pointing out the mistake in the mod's vote count, 'cause that's how hyenas roll.

Happy birthday, by the way. Here, I got a rope for you as a birthday present... ;)
Who you callin' oopid...(sigh) nvm.
Antihero
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
al;kdjfal;kj

Post Post #223 (ISO) » Sun Dec 05, 2010 12:45 pm

Post by Antihero »

Fate wrote:So you agree thaqt smarg wastes her vote, but call my vote on her for the same crap.

Mhmmm
I guess you're just assuming I think wasting votes is a scumtell?
Mariyta wrote:
Antihero wrote:
I like being sheeped.
Terribly sorry. I shall never again form my own opinion of someone you also happen to suspect. Please forgive me. :roll:

I still like a fitz lynch better, because zdenek has been more active and a smidge less scummy.

Happy Birthday, smarg!! (Oh no! Sheeping Antihero again! Bad me.)
It's only sheeping if you leave your assertion unexplained (which you did).
Mariyta
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #224 (ISO) » Sun Dec 05, 2010 12:46 pm

Post by Mariyta »

I thought it was obvious and didn't need explaining.
-Susan Ertz

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”