Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #551 (ISO) » Sun Nov 28, 2010 4:52 am

Post by Charlie »

Vote count 21

jmurph3 (3) - Cogito Ergo Sum, Substrike22, jmurph3

Not voting: SpyreX, Llamafluff
jmurph3 has been lynched.

--In the world of organized crime, diplomatic individuals of the mafia are sometimes used to bribe others to do things advantageous to themselves--

jmurph3 felt a little adventurous today, so he decided to buy some rope for mountain climbing during the lunch break. When he came back, he was confronted with several council members, one of you holding a black briefcase.

"Hey, jmurph3, look what we found sitting in your office!"

"Why did you go into my office? That's invasion of privacy!"

"Nonsense. Now explain how come there's lots of cash in this here briefcase."

"Uh, I won the lottery?"

"Wrong answer! Let's go to the town square... oh good, you have rope. That's handy!"

And the rest, they say, was history... Time for beddy bye, good night.

jmurph3, Mafia Roleblocker, Lynched Day 5

jmurph3's redacted Role PM wrote:Mafia Roleblocker:

You are a mafia roleblocker. [The rest of the role PM is redacted for obvious reasons]
It is now Night 5. All Night Actions to me within 72 hours.
Kindness
Charlie
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #552 (ISO) » Wed Dec 01, 2010 5:46 am

Post by Charlie »

You wake up to the sound of you alarm tone, which may or may not be musical in nature. You feel groggy and tired, but after remembering that yesterday's lynch was all nice and good, you feel a little perked up. However, your heart fell to your feet as soon as you received news that somebody has run over a llama in the busy downtown area. It was just a little baker boy who is spreading the news around town, the little rascal he is. No matter how much you put your brain around it, you cannot imagine how this could have happened... why is there a llama in town, why was the driver driving so fast in downtown, what was the llama doing downtown in the first place...

By the time you reach the council hall by foot, an office boy tells you that police found councilperson Llamafluff murdered in his sleep. Horrors! You cannot decide which of the deaths troubles you more. Perhaps another day of lynching would solve this murdering problems.

Llamafluff, Vanilla Townie, Killed Night 5

LlamaFluff's Role PM wrote:Vanilla Townie:

You are a vanilla townie. You possess no powers other than your brain and your vote, use them wisely. You win when you eliminate all threats to the town.
Day 6 starts now. With 3 alive, it takes 2 to lynch.
Deadline is Wednesday, 22nd of December at 1130 hours (GMT -5)
Moderator deadline time: Thursday, 23rd of December at 0030 hours (GMT +8)
Kindness
Substrike22
Substrike22
Goon
Substrike22
Goon
Goon

Post Post #553 (ISO) » Wed Dec 01, 2010 6:47 am

Post by Substrike22 »

VOTE: SpyreX

Here goes nothing
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #554 (ISO) » Wed Dec 01, 2010 7:43 am

Post by SpyreX »

I'll dance.

Unvote, Vote: Sub
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
LlamaFluff
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #555 (ISO) » Wed Dec 01, 2010 10:41 am

Post by LlamaFluff »

Co-host of The USL Show
GeoGuessr: USL Pony
Fall Guys: Scary Hopping Bonkus
Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #556 (ISO) » Wed Dec 01, 2010 11:19 am

Post by Cogito Ergo Sum »

Vote: SpyreX
Scumchat is awesome. Yarr!

~"Multiple exclamation marks are a sure sign of a diseased mind."~
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #557 (ISO) » Wed Dec 01, 2010 11:51 am

Post by SpyreX »

And CES is 2 for 2!

HUZZAH

(Unless you're scum then grats)
Show

Proud member of BaM
Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #558 (ISO) » Wed Dec 01, 2010 4:40 pm

Post by Cogito Ergo Sum »

Victoire!
Scumchat is awesome. Yarr!

~"Multiple exclamation marks are a sure sign of a diseased mind."~
Charlie
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #559 (ISO) » Wed Dec 01, 2010 4:45 pm

Post by Charlie »

Vote count 22

SpyreX (2) - Substrike22, Cogito Ergo Sum
Substrike22 (1) SpyreX

Not voting: No one
SpyreX has been lynched

--In the world of organized crime, the hired muscle forms the blood of organization--

At the end of the day, there were only three councilpersons standing.

Substrike22 took the first step by grabbing the rope.

SpyreX, who had an uncanny obsession with wizards and the like, puts on a pointy hat and played some tug of war with Substrike22.

Cogito Ergo Sum said "YARR!", as 9 gentlemen wearing neat suits entered the room.

"There talented individuals are here looking for a job. I've taken the liberty to offer them yours, as well as the jobs of the dearly departed. They took a while to convince, but I'm glad they agreed and it all turned out well," he said.

"Oh, don't worry about that rope. These people will help you out a bit. You're excused to the town square, SpyreX," he continued.

Spyrex, Vanilla Townie, Lynched Day 6

SpyreX's role PM wrote:Vanilla Townie:

You are a vanilla townie. You possess no powers other than your brain and your vote, use them wisely. You win when you eliminate all threats to the town.
"That leaves only Substrike22... I'm sure you understand that due to the circumstances, you're not allowed to live."

He was thrown out of the window by the goons, but it didn't do much as the council hall is a single story building. He was picked up off the ground and his fate was decided a little later. There was a heated discussion of "6 feet under" and "cement shoes", and some talk about ground fertilizer or fish food were more important. I do not remember the outcome, but it certainly wasn't a bed of roses...

Substrike22, Vanilla Townie, killed in endgame Day 6

Substrike22's Role PM wrote:Vanilla Townie:

Well, Cogito Ergo Sum has a new council in this town now, although he has to make a call to the Godfather about the need of a replacement pimp and briber...

Cogito Ergo Sum, Mafia Goon, survived and won Day 6

Cognito Ergo Sum's Role PM wrote:Mafia Goon:

You are a mafia goon. Your partners are Casus Belli and jmurph3, both of whom are mafia roleblockers. You have no special powers other than the night kill, which you share with your scumteam. Each night, you may target a player to kill. You win when there is at least one mafia member alive and all the other players are dead or when nothing can prevent this from happening. You may communicate with your team at night (and pre-game) only here
Which means... the Mafia team of Cogito Ergo Sum, Casus Belli and jmurph3 wins!

Congrats! Here are the other full role PMs of the Mafia team.
Casus Belli's Role PM wrote:Mafia Roleblocker:

You are a mafia roleblocker. Your partners are jmurph3, who is also a mafia roleblocker; and Cogito Ergo Sum, who is a mafia goon. Each night, you may target a player to roleblock. If you are successful then that player's Night Action, if any, will fail. You will not be notified concerning whether your roleblock worked or failed. In addition to your roleblock, you share a night kill with your scumteam. You CANNOT use both roleblock and night kill unless you are the lone mafia standing. You win when there is at least one mafia member alive and all the other players are dead or when nothing can prevent this from happening. You may communicate with your team at night only here.
jmurph3's Role PM wrote:You are a mafia roleblocker. Your partners are Casus Belli, who is also a mafia roleblocker; and Cogito Ergo Sum, who is a mafia goon. Each night, you may target a player to roleblock. If you are successful then that player's Night Action, if any, will fail. You will not be notified concerning whether your roleblock worked or failed. In addition to your roleblock, you share a night kill with your scumteam. You CANNOT use both roleblock and night kill unless you are the lone mafia standing. You win when there is at least one mafia member alive and all the other players are dead or when nothing can prevent this from happening. You may communicate with your team at night only here.
Here is the dead QT: Link

Mafia QT can be handed by the player(s) if they so wish it.

Some moderator notes to follow.
Last edited by Charlie on Wed Dec 01, 2010 6:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Kindness
Substrike22
Substrike22
Goon
Substrike22
Goon
Goon

Post Post #560 (ISO) » Wed Dec 01, 2010 4:48 pm

Post by Substrike22 »

Grrr.
LlamaFluff
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #561 (ISO) » Wed Dec 01, 2010 5:04 pm

Post by LlamaFluff »

craaaaaaappp

If lynches had gone in a different order that may have been winnable. Jmurph and CES looked like really obvious buddies through their play, but when CB flipped scum, I really didnt think that CES would have done nothing the entire game but try and bus his partner. Really should not have gone back on my notes that said "if jmurph is scum there is no way CES is town"
Co-host of The USL Show
RichardGHP
RichardGHP
Parama's Alt
RichardGHP
Parama's Alt
Parama's Alt

Post Post #562 (ISO) » Wed Dec 01, 2010 5:08 pm

Post by RichardGHP »

There is no 'n' in Cogito Ergo Sum.

I had two of the three scum pegged on D1. If you had only kept me alive... well.
jmurph3
jmurph3
Goon
jmurph3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #563 (ISO) » Wed Dec 01, 2010 5:29 pm

Post by jmurph3 »

@Llama: if you don't mind my asking, as this was my first time as scum, where did you see obvious buddies from me and CES? Mainly so that I can know for next time :D

Also, good game all, and thanks Charlie for modding!!
xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #564 (ISO) » Wed Dec 01, 2010 5:29 pm

Post by xvart »

Nice finish, CES.

First, good game to everyone. And thanks to Shotty for hydra-ing with me. I think we meshed well together and it was fun bumping around ideas. We all had discussed that since we had two RBers that the town was probably PR heavy so maybe we could get away with a mislynch on a PR by all claiming VT (depending on the pop corn order and any results that came up).

The tracker fake claim was my idea, and the conversation about it happened over Yahoo so I don't know exactly how it evolved; but I had commented on how several people at the start of that day had a pretty good idea of our scumteam (at least CES and jmurph together). I suggested the fake track result and Sotty said "hmmm... convince me."

My thoughts were that if we claimed a result it would do a couple of things. First, it would essentially eliminate all conversation and alternative scum hunting that day and the next day when we got lynched. Second, it would give a great bus opportunity to our partners to further add confusion. Third, it would most likely clear CES as town no matter what because of our early interactions. And maybe it would make people doubt their reads when we flipped mafia.

I was actually a little pissed that I forgot to include the original target in our first claim post because it would have been better if the hider claim came after our fake result (but at the time we thought there was a doctor protect) so we would have tracked the kill to the unclaimed doctor result. Needless to say, Sotty and I both agreed that we didn't expect to live long the next day; but then I thought, "what the hell, might as well give it a shot" with some lame excuse and hopefully give an opportunity for some solid bussing and questioning. We almost didn't post anything the next day at all. Although I knew it was fruitless, I had images of grandeur that maybe we would be left alive. :lol:

Sotty and I wanted to kill llama the night that Nacho hid behind him, and if that had happened it would have been sweetness.

Charlie - thanks for modding. I think this setup was tipped in the scums favor for something I was going to argue while getting lynched. I'm surprised nobody questioned the one shot tracker and the one shot JOAT tracker (not that it was really needed), but I was going to say it was because the town was disadvantaged because the hider could have result in bad news for the town (as it almost did) and the weak doctor could have killed him, too.

xvart.
I only read quote walls.

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
Charlie
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #565 (ISO) » Wed Dec 01, 2010 6:13 pm

Post by Charlie »

I edited the post to fix those typos. (I'm sure there are others over the votecounts and stuff, but really minor stuff)
Feel free to comment on the setup and my modding skills. Its my first time after all, and feedback is always appreciated!

Also, I thpught I'd leave this here Mod QT: http://www.quicktopic.com/45/H/4xb7U6QzCks
It contains the original role allocation and all Night Actions.

The summary will have to wait until my tonight.
Kindness
LlamaFluff
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #566 (ISO) » Wed Dec 01, 2010 10:10 pm

Post by LlamaFluff »

jmurph3 wrote:@Llama: if you don't mind my asking, as this was my first time as scum, where did you see obvious buddies from me and CES? Mainly so that I can know for next time :D
You kept acknowlegding lots of scummy things he did but always refused to vote him or really call him scum. CB flipping scum downplayed one of the bigger ones where you talk about the interactions between him and CB, procede to FoS CES, drop the Spy read, and follow Spy onto Shotty. That is the post that made me start looking for more interactions.

You go on to respond to what CES said with more "kid gloves" then anything else. It felt like you were trying to make it known that you suspect him, but you took steps not to actually attack him or get him lynched.

Things like...
Other reads: not sure how I feel about CES at the moment - I think the tunneling on you for almost no reason is scummy
Also just added to my partner read. Your reaction of "Why?" for my comment that you were scum with CES also made me think I was right a little. Seemed a little odd if I was attacking you, cop was dead, there was no vig, and you thought that CES was scum that you would be so concerned over it.

I wonder what would have happened if the sudden CES wagon D2 went through. If I was around I would have 100% jumped on that one.
Co-host of The USL Show
LlamaFluff
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #567 (ISO) » Wed Dec 01, 2010 10:10 pm

Post by LlamaFluff »

Also scum QT?
Co-host of The USL Show
jmurph3
jmurph3
Goon
jmurph3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #568 (ISO) » Thu Dec 02, 2010 7:08 am

Post by jmurph3 »

I think we've decided not to release it, per the request of one of our members, who laid out a plan which didn't come to fruition but which might be used in a future game.
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #569 (ISO) » Thu Dec 02, 2010 10:58 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

Well, goddammit.
green shirt thursdays
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #570 (ISO) » Thu Dec 02, 2010 2:17 pm

Post by SpyreX »

Pfffft

Good game CES.
Show

Proud member of BaM
Charlie
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #571 (ISO) » Fri Dec 03, 2010 5:34 am

Post by Charlie »

The setup had half of the Town as VTs, a cop/cod combo and a not-so-Normal JOAT. This Is quite a powerful Town, and the double roleblockers the Mafia should have balanced it out. Shame for Town that the cop was lynched on D1, really good news for the Mafia team.

The idea of revealing Role PMs was aimed to provide a possible explanation should the JOAT be killed when he hid or weak protect a Mafia (or if he hid behind a NK target).

Midway through the game, when Shotty looks about to be lynched, I thought for sure Mafia was going to get a perfect win. Good job to Llama for replacing in to turn things around.

When Casus Belli fake claimed tracker, I was quite surprised she(they) managed to get a lynch on mas. Also surprised that the fact that the JOAT already had a one-shot track in his arsenal was not questioned more in detail.

In LyLo, the outcome was not surprising. CES played well, not afraid to vote his buddies and go all the way through looking the most Town. What jmurph3 did with the self-hammer to stem discussion was well timed as I was just online finishing the latest votecount.

Overall, this was a good game. There were no major blunders made by any side and all players contributed a good amount. Once again, thank you everyone who played!
Kindness
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #572 (ISO) » Fri Dec 03, 2010 7:36 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

Thanks for great modding, Charlie. I'll be playing your next game for sure :)
green shirt thursdays
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #573 (ISO) » Fri Dec 03, 2010 8:11 am

Post by SpyreX »

I didn't even notice two roleblockers.

It all becomes clear
Show

Proud member of BaM
xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #574 (ISO) » Fri Dec 03, 2010 10:12 am

Post by xvart »

Charlie, 571 wrote:The setup had half of the Town as VTs, a cop/cod combo and a not-so-Normal JOAT. This Is quite a powerful Town, and the double roleblockers the Mafia should have balanced it out. Shame for Town that the cop was lynched on D1, really good news for the Mafia team.
I completely forgot about the cop, so I retract my statement about it being balanced in the scum favor.

Richard - why didn't you claim cop?
Charlie, 571 wrote:Midway through the game, when Shotty looks about to be lynched, I thought for sure Mafia was going to get a perfect win. Good job to Llama for replacing in to turn things around.
Yeah, Llama really had us worried some when he replaced in. He really started putting everything together and was a nice fresh perspective to get the game going again.

xvart.
I only read quote walls.

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”