Mini 1087 - The Dresden Files Game Over!

DavidParker
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #125 (ISO) » Wed Dec 01, 2010 7:59 am

Post by DavidParker »

Mari, I love you and all, but those last 2 sentences of yours in the SAME post are just gems. True gem.

Sentence 1: "Meta is faulty at best"
Sentence 2: *meta meta meta*, "she was town there, so i'm ok with her for now"

Can i keep you?
"To die will be an awfully big adventure"
Antihero
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
al;kdjfal;kj

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Wed Dec 01, 2010 8:08 am

Post by Antihero »

OK, HF continues to miss the point; and I miss what points he's making that lead to me being scum... ?

I'm not "calling out" anyone voting Fate, I'm wondering why everyone is being so timid about it (and I took your "this is totally random" as trying too hard to make sure Fate didn't jump down your throat. But that's a moot point, as I now think fate is scum)
Fate wrote:^Oh and there's this too. [REDACTED] and all that Antihero, lets hang this actor.
Completely not comparable. Would you like to try again?

Also, weren't you just calling Mari down for buddying?
Mariyta wrote:Fate, my dear, you are wrong about me, yet again. And the "I like my head where it is" comment is because you have a tendency to go crazy when someone votes you... well, go crazier, anyway.

@smarg: I didn't get my favorite character, either. :( But he may not actually be in the game, so who knows. I got one of my top 5, though.
OK, Mari, it's moments like these that unsettles me. I get it, you think you're misunderstood; but I assure you, I'm paying attention, and I'll try my best to distinguish when you're acting like a fool and when you're scum.

Fair enough?
DDD wrote:I never said it was random.
Help me understand your vote, then, please?

Preview Edit:

Hey Mari, can you please give me a link to a completed scum game? I need some reading material.
The distance between insanity and genius is measured only by success.
Antihero
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
al;kdjfal;kj

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Wed Dec 01, 2010 8:08 am

Post by Antihero »

VOTE: Fate
Mariyta
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Wed Dec 01, 2010 8:11 am

Post by Mariyta »

They are not mutually exclusive statements. I could easily be wrong about her, but for now, there's not enough evidence to crucify her.

You can keep me, but I warn you, I'm fairly high maintenance. I demand three sleds' worth of Malamutes, six German Shepherds, two Puggles, and an Irish Wolfhound. And that's on top of the four dozen Holsteins and two dozen Jerseys. For starters, anyway.

Son of a monkey, p-edit: Scumhero, darling, I'm totally misunderstood. It's my lot in life. *enacts sad puppy dog face*

I haven't been scum since I came back, so I'll have to do some searching. I think I posted a link in Sly Cooper for one, but let me double-check.
Millions long for immortality who don't know what to do with themselves on a rainy Sunday afternoon.
-Susan Ertz

Whoever thinks grammar is not important, think again. Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse and helping your uncle jack off a horse.
LimMePls
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Wed Dec 01, 2010 8:15 am

Post by LimMePls »

Zdenek wrote:
My V/LA continues because of a delayed flight due to bad weather.

LMP, how were you hoping to distinguish scum reactions from town reactions to your self vote?
With my awesome brain.
"LynchMePls is more town than all the players I've ever declared to be townies. And that's never going to change." - Drippereth

V/LA on weekends
Antihero
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
al;kdjfal;kj

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Wed Dec 01, 2010 8:19 am

Post by Antihero »

Mariyta wrote:Scumhero, darling, I'm totally misunderstood. It's my lot in life. *enacts sad puppy dog face*
Won't work on me.

That's because my heart turned black and shriveled up a while ago.

I forgot, who are you voting and why, Mari?
Mariyta
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Wed Dec 01, 2010 8:24 am

Post by Mariyta »

Scumalicious me!! We actually won this game, no thanks to me. Keep in mind that this was years ago.

P-edit: I've always had a soft spot for the Grinch. He's so cute.
I'm voting fitz, because he's scum (though his last post was less scumalicious because he actually put in some effort. We'll see how he does from here.)
Millions long for immortality who don't know what to do with themselves on a rainy Sunday afternoon.
-Susan Ertz

Whoever thinks grammar is not important, think again. Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse and helping your uncle jack off a horse.
Antihero
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
al;kdjfal;kj

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Wed Dec 01, 2010 8:28 am

Post by Antihero »

Why is fitz scum? BTW, his last post was aweful.
Mariyta
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Wed Dec 01, 2010 8:36 am

Post by Mariyta »

Because he came in on page 3, didn't even bother to read (half of the posts to that point had been confirms, so it's not like it's a hard read), then threw down a random vote, making sure we knew it was random. Then he laughs off the concerns about his random vote at that stage in the game. His last post was not great, but it was better than anything he'd given us to that point. His vote is suspect, because I don't see a decent case on Oop, but he did give reasons for it, even if they were weak.
-Susan Ertz

DavidParker
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Wed Dec 01, 2010 8:41 am

Post by DavidParker »

Fitz is obv scum at this point.
Oopidstay
Oopidstay
Goon
Oopidstay
Goon
Goon

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Wed Dec 01, 2010 8:49 am

Post by Oopidstay »

DP wrote:Starting to wish I had day-vidge'd Oopidstay instead of Mariyta... Sigh.
Why's that? (Asking again because I never got an answer the first time.)
Also, what did Mari do to get you to unvote her? (Again, didn't get an answer the first time.)
The Man w/Red Text wrote:You don't need to unvote fyi.
I like unvoting. :P
CityofAss wrote:I agree with this. town should not be pissed at getting killed... it happens. you can still win, so be happy.
That's not true, actually. Town has every right to get pissed at getting killed. My issue with Mariyta was my perception that she was too edgy (and to be honest, I quoted the wrong post at the time; it was her post immediately after the fake daykill that really caught my eye) for the state of the game we were in. Subtle difference, yet important.

I have no flavor knowledge.

smarg's 106 reads a lot like scumposting.

Oh god wallpost...
fitz wrote:#45
I read something into Mari's response, so I followed it.
fitz wrote:#48
Her snarky response to my question implied an accuastory tone to me. Also, scum are perfectly capable of trying to put a mask over their true feelings. So it's not unreasonable that Mariscum could feel freaked out, yet show a neutral response in her posts.

#55 was answered in my reply to Mariyta near the top of Page 4.
wallpostman wrote:#58
At that point, I bit into DP's ploy and started treating it seriously. The post immediately following it was me realizing that DP had just admitted to the daykill being fake. Hence, "I'm slow on the uptake..."
fitz wrote:#71
I hardly treated the daykill nonchalantly at all. I instead chose to pressure Mariyta. See same top o' Page 4 post I mentioned earlier.
fitz wrote:#75
Oh, puh
leeze
. The meat of your post was the comment to Mariyta, not your compliment to the mod. Do you really expect me to believe you're that ignorant?
fitz wrote:#76
Oh...so you actually did read the top o' Page 4 post...I guess I can't give you the "didn't read the thread" excuse for all this shit, then.

In answer to the actuall question posed in the snippet, I thought the daykill was a joke, so I pressured Mariyta instead of DP. You, on the other hand, completely ignored the daykill shenanigans altogether, despite it being the prevalent issue at the time of your post.

Do I need to spell it out more, or can you get the picture from here?

#85 is so utterly irrelevant as far as a case against me goes. What was the point of posting it?

(reads rest of wallpost not devoted to me)

tl;dr: Fitz does a terrible job at imitating a content post.

I like my vote where it is, although smarg is a very tempting second choice.
Who you callin' oopid...(sigh) nvm.
Oopidstay
Oopidstay
Goon
Oopidstay
Goon
Goon

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Wed Dec 01, 2010 8:50 am

Post by Oopidstay »

Arg, sorry for the longish post. Blame Fitz for all that gas I had to digest...
Antihero
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
al;kdjfal;kj

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Wed Dec 01, 2010 8:50 am

Post by Antihero »

Mariyta wrote:Because he came in on page 3, didn't even bother to read (half of the posts to that point had been confirms, so it's not like it's a hard read), then threw down a random vote, making sure we knew it was random. Then he laughs off the concerns about his random vote at that stage in the game. His last post was not great, but it was better than anything he'd given us to that point. His vote is suspect, because I don't see a decent case on Oop, but he did give reasons for it, even if they were weak.
Really? I thought it was a piece of crap, top to bottom.
HF wrote:#4 - Fate's "I WANT MY BEAUTIFUL TOWN TO SWEEP THIS GAME" comment pings my scumdar. Whenever people (short of a massclaim) just come out and insinuate or state they are town it makes me go Hmmmmm.
This is a dumb arguement, because aren't we all insinuating town?
HF wrote:#29 - Anti votes Fate for being "actish?" Ummmmm.....ok.
There's no scumtell here; he's just trying to sling mud for no damn reason.
HF wrote:DP early antics....I did not notice the double vote until my current readthrough...which he followe dup closely with his day-vig post. When I initially skimmed over his day-vig post I was initially humoured but not certain of it's validity. As neither was Mari. Guess there's a reason some people like to consider DP a good policy lynch candidate. At least he hasn't claimed cop yet (and NO....I'm not focking rolefishing and am not asking for anyone to claim, etc.).
Policy lynch? What?
DP's claim was obviously fake. Real day vigs don't act like that.
HF wrote:@Anti...is your vote on Mari in #64 serious? If so, why?
Because of the "scumhero" stuff and because of the "OMG, you all are so wrongz about meh"
HF wrote:#70 - Anti calls out everyone voting for Fate and then proceeds to vote Fate. ????????????
When did this happen?
HF wrote:#84 - Anti calls smarg scummy for asking questions with obv answers (I disagree) and not having any opinions (Only a few hours into the game? Aren't the questions a means of forming an opinion?) ...calls me out for voting Fate (which he subsequently does as well and was still doing until one post prior (#83)
Uh, no.
Reading is the means of forming an opinion.
HF wrote:smarg votes DP for ignoring her and is subsequently called out for it by Anti for being insincere (???).
WTF are you questioning? "Dodging questions" is the crappiest scumtell because most questions aren't worth two seconds of thought.

Aaarrrgh, this game is already starting to annoy me *starts popping the prozac*
DavidParker
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Wed Dec 01, 2010 8:57 am

Post by DavidParker »

I laughed at his mention of a policy lynch, but decided not to abuse him for it.
DavidParker
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #139 (ISO) » Wed Dec 01, 2010 8:59 am

Post by DavidParker »

(and yes I saw your questions oopid, they are just dumb. and refer to sarcastic/joking comments of mine)

I will say I have a town read on Mariyta and if you have to know why I'll say it's because she likes dogs.
Oopidstay
Oopidstay
Goon
Oopidstay
Goon
Goon

Post Post #140 (ISO) » Wed Dec 01, 2010 9:04 am

Post by Oopidstay »

DavidParker wrote:(and yes I saw your questions oopid, they are just dumb. and refer to sarcastic/joking comments of mine)

I will say I have a town read on Mariyta and if you have to know why I'll say it's because she likes dogs.
Stop being a child and answer the questions, please.
Antihero
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
al;kdjfal;kj

Post Post #141 (ISO) » Wed Dec 01, 2010 9:04 am

Post by Antihero »

Hey DP. If you were actually a dayvig, how would you use your kill?
Antihero
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
al;kdjfal;kj

Post Post #142 (ISO) » Wed Dec 01, 2010 9:04 am

Post by Antihero »

You would wait a while before firing, right?
Mariyta
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #143 (ISO) » Wed Dec 01, 2010 9:06 am

Post by Mariyta »

Antihero wrote:
HF wrote:@Anti...is your vote on Mari in #64 serious? If so, why?
Because of the "scumhero" stuff
But Scumhero is so much fun to say!
-Susan Ertz

Antihero
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
al;kdjfal;kj

Post Post #144 (ISO) » Wed Dec 01, 2010 9:30 am

Post by Antihero »

Hey hyena and Mari,

what do you two think of fate?
Mariyta
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #145 (ISO) » Wed Dec 01, 2010 9:38 am

Post by Mariyta »

He's been quiet and uncombative for the most part, which worries me. He did mention that he was emotionally drained, but I didn't expect him to take this long to get fed up at the incompetence of the town and starting browbeating everyone into following his lead.

On a flavor-related note, I just got Side Jobs in the mail!
-Susan Ertz

Antihero
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
al;kdjfal;kj

Post Post #146 (ISO) » Wed Dec 01, 2010 9:41 am

Post by Antihero »

He does seem emotionally drained (and I'm sorry for whatever happened), but I'm not liking the lack of sincerity with the Mari push.
LimMePls
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #147 (ISO) » Wed Dec 01, 2010 9:43 am

Post by LimMePls »

tl;dr: Fitz does a terrible job at imitating a content post.
QFT.
"LynchMePls is more town than all the players I've ever declared to be townies. And that's never going to change." - Drippereth

V/LA on weekends
Mariyta
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mariyta
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #148 (ISO) » Wed Dec 01, 2010 9:51 am

Post by Mariyta »

Ok, I feel like an idiot having to ask this since I've seen it so many times now, but wth does tl;dr mean?
-Susan Ertz

Oopidstay
Oopidstay
Goon
Oopidstay
Goon
Goon

Post Post #149 (ISO) » Wed Dec 01, 2010 9:56 am

Post by Oopidstay »

@ Mari: Too long; didn't read. It's used both as a prelude to a "summary" of a longer post and as an insult when someone makes a post that's way too long and full of insubstantial stuff.

@ Anti: I'm not seeing anything wrong with Fate, personally. It seems that the problem everyone else has with him is that he's not living up to his meta, if I'm understanding it correctly. I don't really see how that can be considered a scumtell, personally.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”