Consulmaker II: the Pyrrhic War - Game over.

SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #375 (ISO) » Sun Nov 28, 2010 6:25 pm

Post by SpyreX »

GOD that was a long day.

For killin:

Powerrox: Has done nothing. Well, thats not true - he tried to jump on the chess hate after his spew of one liners.
scotmany: "Jack is scum" "Jack is scum" "Jack is scum" "Sens is scummy" "Ohh here's why I'm lurking" "PROD THE LURKERS (which is apparently most of the game)". Additionally, if there's some mystical reason and rib and Jack both are town I'd guarantee a scot scum under the kill em all.
xReck: Needs to DO SOMETHING. Jesus.
Kat: Needs to do something even more than xReck. Two posts - with 100% rate of "i'll catchup, promise".

Hate-belly says kat.
Gut says scot.
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
inHimshallibe
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
SmartyPants

Post Post #376 (ISO) » Sun Nov 28, 2010 6:53 pm

Post by inHimshallibe »

SensFan wrote:Parama has a clean slate from me, for what its worth.
Oh scum.
Show
"I'm from Indiana. I know what you're thinking: Indiana... Mafia." - Jim Gaffigan

Mod of the continuing World of Warcraft Dungeon Run series
:

Mini 1135 - Mafia in the Deadmines
Mini 1208 - Mafia in the Scarlet Monastery
ribwich
ribwich
Goon
ribwich
Goon
Goon

Post Post #377 (ISO) » Sun Nov 28, 2010 8:03 pm

Post by ribwich »

Sens, even though it's not as relevant any more, I would still like a response to post #276.

I might be alone in this, but I would much prefer if the executions never work that way again. The way I see it, other than extreme cases, there shouldn't ever be a time when the veto power needs to actually be used. I think it should be made clear from all tribunals and consuls on whether or not they are fine with an execution, or else the day could end horribly. Whether Sens was trying to end the day early or not, there's a good chance it could have if Nathaniel happened to not get a chance to check this soon enough.

Jack, quit ignoring me.
You're trying to not respond to my offer of evens or odds so that tomorrow you can say the reason the consuls didn't get picked correctly is because you never agreed to the plan. It's not going to work. Pick one soon or I'll pick for you.
"ROLEFISHING ROLEFISHING OMGOBVSCUMRAWR weeEEEEEEEEEOOOOOooooo" - Vi
SensFan
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
Fortuna Ex Deus

Post Post #378 (ISO) » Sun Nov 28, 2010 10:54 pm

Post by SensFan »

ribwich wrote:Sens, even though it's not as relevant any more, I would still like a response to post #276.

I might be alone in this, but I would much prefer if the executions never work that way again. The way I see it, other than extreme cases, there shouldn't ever be a time when the veto power needs to actually be used. I think it should be made clear from all tribunals and consuls on whether or not they are fine with an execution, or else the day could end horribly. Whether Sens was trying to end the day early or not, there's a good chance it could have if Nathaniel happened to not get a chance to check this soon enough.

Jack, quit ignoring me.
You're trying to not respond to my offer of evens or odds so that tomorrow you can say the reason the consuls didn't get picked correctly is because you never agreed to the plan. It's not going to work. Pick one soon or I'll pick for you.
Re: 276
I still would have wanted Jack as a Tribunal.

Re: Executions
Tough shit. As long as I'm a Consul, I won't ask permission to execute someone, nor will I be telling anyone if I plan on vetoing an execution until I decide to Veto or NotVeto an execution that has been placed. I'm not going to be hiding behind the protection of the majority, and I won't be letting any of the other people in power today do so either. When you play a game of Mafia, you are expected to be checking the thread every 48 hours as a bare minimum, so unless someone announces V/LA ahead of time (in which case I likely won't submit an execution during that time), if anyone chooses not to use their Veto, I will assume that they saw the execution posted and chose not to use it; I won't be accepting "Oops I didn't check the thread for 2 days".
(11:04:10 PM) senspizzaline: That's actually my bold prediction for the year
(11:04:19 PM) senspizzaline: Miami finishes 2nd in the AFCE.
(11:05:35 PM) jhawk01b: my bold prediction for the year is that whoever wins the NFC West will have a winning record
Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #379 (ISO) » Mon Nov 29, 2010 4:51 am

Post by Jack »

Powerrox: Has done nothing. Well, thats not true - he tried to jump on the chess hate after his spew of one liners.
scotmany: "Jack is scum" "Jack is scum" "Jack is scum" "Sens is scummy" "Ohh here's why I'm lurking" "PROD THE LURKERS (which is apparently most of the game)".
1) yes, also called out the lurkers to post "ASAP"
2) yes, and his Sens suspicion is single minded and bizarre, especially since sens can't be lynched today. When someone points that out he says he's "pressuring" sens.

@ribwhich: since you say you are the consulmaker, why wouldn't you just pick, going for even or odd based on who you wanted to be consul?
Nathanael
Nathanael
Goon
Nathanael
Goon
Goon

Post Post #380 (ISO) » Mon Nov 29, 2010 8:16 am

Post by Nathanael »

VETO: whatever execution is going on.
(just to make sure)

carry on.

SensFan, why do you think that Jack is more likely town than ribwich?
Parama, mind some thoughts?
would you have found chesskid scummy if he weren't you?
would you have agreed to lynch him if we were close to deadline?
ribwich
ribwich
Goon
ribwich
Goon
Goon

Post Post #381 (ISO) » Mon Nov 29, 2010 8:22 am

Post by ribwich »

SensFan wrote: Re: 276
I still would have wanted Jack as a Tribunal.
I know. That's not what I was asking. My question was why would you want him to be tribunal when he's going to be confirmed as scum tomorrow anyway?
SensFan wrote:Re: Executions
Tough shit. As long as I'm a Consul, I won't ask permission to execute someone, nor will I be telling anyone if I plan on vetoing an execution until I decide to Veto or NotVeto an execution that has been placed. I'm not going to be hiding behind the protection of the majority, and I won't be letting any of the other people in power today do so either. When you play a game of Mafia, you are expected to be checking the thread every 48 hours as a bare minimum, so unless someone announces V/LA ahead of time (in which case I likely won't submit an execution during that time), if anyone chooses not to use their Veto, I will assume that they saw the execution posted and chose not to use it; I won't be accepting "Oops I didn't check the thread for 2 days".
Well I hope you had fun being consul for a day, because you're never getting that power again. This isn't about asking permission to execute, or hiding behind the majority, or using an excuse for why they didn't post a veto. This is about pulling a dick move like trying to get an execution started at the soonest possible time. It was the weekend after Thanksgiving, so there was a good chance a lot of people weren't going to get a chance to see it (notice how activity has been pretty low from the majority lately?) And on top of that, after it got vetoed the first time, you tried executing him again for shits and giggles. All it's going to take to get a quicklynch is for Nathaniel to not notice one of your executions right away.
Jack wrote: @ribwhich: since you say you are the consulmaker, why wouldn't you just pick, going for even or odd based on who you wanted to be consul?
Fine.
I'm taking evens.
"ROLEFISHING ROLEFISHING OMGOBVSCUMRAWR weeEEEEEEEEEOOOOOooooo" - Vi
inHimshallibe
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
SmartyPants

Post Post #382 (ISO) » Mon Nov 29, 2010 9:43 am

Post by inHimshallibe »

Fine. I'm taking evens.
Woot!
Show
"I'm from Indiana. I know what you're thinking: Indiana... Mafia." - Jim Gaffigan

:

dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #383 (ISO) » Mon Nov 29, 2010 9:56 am

Post by dramonic »

ribwich wrote:It was the weekend after Thanksgiving, so there was a good chance a lot of people weren't going to get a chance to see it
Foolish Americans, thanksgiving was a month and a half ago!
I'm a hoot
Stream: twitch.tv/dramonic
-If you stick your ear close enough to the game thread you can actually hear dram suffer in real life.-Beeboy
-Being obtuse is not a consequence of being a mod, it's a prerequisite. I think you may just have overestimated my intelligence before.-Korts
horrordude0215
horrordude0215
Mafia Scum
horrordude0215
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #384 (ISO) » Mon Nov 29, 2010 10:56 am

Post by horrordude0215 »

Limited Access is over. Expect a post by tonight/tomorrow
The Clown is Town. The Clown also uses "they" pronouns. Don't be a dick about it?
I know it's weird given the username, but "horrorperson" just doesn't have the same ring to it.
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #385 (ISO) » Mon Nov 29, 2010 10:58 am

Post by Lowell »

Games in which active posters are replaced? The Lowells of the world are kings!!!!

I will catch up in a bit.
SensFan
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
SensFan
Fortuna Ex Deus
Fortuna Ex Deus

Post Post #386 (ISO) » Mon Nov 29, 2010 11:03 am

Post by SensFan »

Nathanael wrote:SensFan, why do you think that Jack is more likely town than ribwich?
At the time, I didn't. I just knew Jack was a fairly good player, and had no read or meta on rib. Now, I realize that rib is most definatively either an idiot or Scum, since he seems to want no one to even think of the E-word without first asking permission from everyone else. Likely on the idiot side of that line, since he also hasn't read enough of the thread to realize that I was not trying to have chesskid executed the first time.
(11:04:10 PM) senspizzaline: That's actually my bold prediction for the year
(11:04:19 PM) senspizzaline: Miami finishes 2nd in the AFCE.
(11:05:35 PM) jhawk01b: my bold prediction for the year is that whoever wins the NFC West will have a winning record
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #387 (ISO) » Mon Nov 29, 2010 11:13 am

Post by Parama »

Nathanael wrote:Parama, mind some thoughts?
I would, but I have a life and haven't had time to reread the thread. I'll reread after I check all the games I'm currently in/reading.
Show
Ever wanted a playlist full of a lot of music I really dig? Here you go.

RateYourMusic page because song contests are like the only reason I'm still here.

GET TO KNOW ME

I basically post like I'm always on twitter, ignore my spamminess.
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #388 (ISO) » Mon Nov 29, 2010 11:46 am

Post by Parama »

And lookie that. I'm so tired from all these other games that I'm going to take a short break from anything mafia related (an hour or two maybe). I WILL GET SOMETHING UP TONIGHT, I PROMISE.
Show

RateYourMusic page because song contests are like the only reason I'm still here.

GET TO KNOW ME

Primate
Primate
Mafia Scum
Primate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #389 (ISO) » Mon Nov 29, 2010 11:51 am

Post by Primate »

Hey.

You know you're spamming when c.e.s comes down on you.
Jack wrote:Has said zip today except talk about the consulmaker thing. Pretends to be semi-outraged about the idea that this day would be cut short. Someone who was actually disturbed by the idea of discussion being cut off so quick would have been actually scumhunting.
You're right but honestly in this instance I think it's a null tell.

I think sens actually comes out of this whole thing relatively well, tbh. I also liked Nathanael trying to get info out of chesskid before he vetoed.
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #390 (ISO) » Mon Nov 29, 2010 12:17 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

dramonic wrote:
ribwich wrote:It was the weekend after Thanksgiving, so there was a good chance a lot of people weren't going to get a chance to see it
Foolish Americans, thanksgiving was a month and a half ago!
cool fluff post.

But seriously, I fail hardcore. Dramonic is probably scum though. BANK ON IT.
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #391 (ISO) » Mon Nov 29, 2010 12:17 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

xRECKONERx wrote:Dram, sweetie?
Are you scum?
He never answered this.
He hates lying to me.
See: Caffwagon Invitational.

Therefore, he's scum.
green shirt thursdays
inHimshallibe
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
SmartyPants

Post Post #392 (ISO) » Mon Nov 29, 2010 12:25 pm

Post by inHimshallibe »

xRECKONERx wrote:
Are you scum?
He never answered this.
He hates lying to me.
See: Caffwagon Invitational.

Therefore, he's scum.
oof

Called out by the bf. That's tough.

In other news, I don't think I've played much with Primate. He's kind of frustratingly difficult to get a good tack on his scummitude.
Show

:

dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #393 (ISO) » Mon Nov 29, 2010 12:36 pm

Post by dramonic »

Are you scum?
missed it earlier.
No mlove, I'm town.
I'm a hoot
Stream: twitch.tv/dramonic
-If you stick your ear close enough to the game thread you can actually hear dram suffer in real life.-Beeboy
-Being obtuse is not a consequence of being a mod, it's a prerequisite. I think you may just have overestimated my intelligence before.-Korts
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #394 (ISO) » Mon Nov 29, 2010 1:37 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

Reck's catchup post thingie.

Tasky's decision to keep his reads a secret doesn't sit well with me. Yes, it could be a way to keep scum scared…but it could also be a way for him to sit on the fence and not have to worry a damn bit about "going back on his word" and whatnot. We'll see how this plays out the rest of the time.

I like making Jack a tribune. Good idea people…except you, Primate. I don't care if you don't like Jack's plan - he's as conftown as we can get this early in the game, and yet you insist on putting Chamber on Tribune.
FoS: Primate

Not gonna lie, all this discussion on mechanics is very boring to me. I'd rather just put people on Tribune who I think are obvtown, and make cases against people who are scummy, then let the Consuls and Tribunes deal with the rest. Theory & setup discussion is meh.

chesskid playing VI is infuriating, especially since I've watched him play games before and ACTUALLY PLAY THE GAME instead of acting like drmyshottyizsik. Gawd.

Okay. Consulmaker counterclaim. What the what.

IHSIB…why do you have a good feeling one of the consuls is scum?
^ Possibly scum, possibly bussing one of his scumbuddies who actually is a consul.

By the way, I'm bored now, I'll resume later.
green shirt thursdays
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #395 (ISO) » Mon Nov 29, 2010 1:38 pm

Post by xRECKONERx »

dramonic wrote:
Are you scum?
missed it earlier.
No mlove, I'm town.
bullshit.
green shirt thursdays
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #396 (ISO) » Mon Nov 29, 2010 2:58 pm

Post by Parama »

Rabies is scum
Primate is town
Jack is town
ribwich is town
Lowell is town
Nathanael is scum
SensFan is town
Mert is town
chamber is scum
SpyreX is scum

dramonic is town
scotmany is scum

Powerrox is scotmany is scum
Reck is scum

Additional:
The Nath read is partly because of his fail logic, but I've come to expect that from the player. However, it's especially bad in this game - he's pretty much trying to line up lynches from the looks of things. Bleh I probably didn't say that the way I wanted to but whatever.
I do not like inHim's #74 but am unsure if it's coming from town or scum. It gives bad vibes either way.
I don't understand why people think one of the consuls is scum. Jack is obvtown for claiming in the first place and ribwich is obvtown for ccing. Town CAN lie y'know.
Poro is in this game? What?
Nath 122 calls something that wasn't an attack an attack. Paranoid much? OH LOOK HE VOTES MY OTHER SCUM READ FOR TRIBUNE SOON AFTER. DING DING DING DING DING PARAMA WINS AGAIN. EDIT: He even re-votes later. Uuuuuh.
The presence of "Oh this started" posts is making me angry at the mod(s), because absent players cost the town a lot of info in the early days of the game.
If one of the Consuls IS scum, it's probably Jack. Except that's what Rabies also said. Hmm. More reason to believe they're both town.
The SpyreX posts have all given me bad vibes which means I am being betrayed by the POWERFUL WIZARD I once betrayed and killed :( Probably the weakest of my scum reads though.
This thread feels like an argument between 5 people. This is not good at all.
Whee, dramonic's reads in 224 are mostly mine backwards! He's probably town :P
Reck is being annoying with the not posting thing.
Noting Reck's 306 for a post I remembered him making later on... I sense a scum read incoming.
scot's 324 gives me those bad vibes, but not too an extent that I'm willing to consider him a scum read. Yet. Also page 13 is a gigantic waste of time. I'm so glad chesskid got replaced. EDIT: Okay, welcome to the scumlist, scot. The logic you're posting is on a 3rd-grade level and if you're not scum then you really need to develop critical thinking skills.
I hope the nonposters actually do something in this game. Lurker executions will start on D2 if I have any say in the matter.
SpyreX is making me happier now but I'll keep an eye on him.
Oh god Powerrox is using scot-logic too. Except it's worse.
Response inHim 376: Oh good play.
Ribwich you really aren't doing much other than arguing with Jack so
WHAT THE HELL. HORROR IS IN THIS GAME TOO? HE HASN'T FREAKING POSTED. THIS GAME IS INACTIVITY HELL.
Reck 390... lol you're so
silly
scummy. I mean, FLUFF POST is bad logic. Fluff happens when scum add useless things to posts to make them look longer and more content filled than they are. Single line posts that add nothing are either active lurking or being social, and dram's post there was the latter.

So let's see...
We have 1 scum consul and 1 scum tribune.

I hate you all. We can't really lynch scum today, can we?
REGARDLESS,
vote: Rabies
(as if it matters).
Show

GET TO KNOW ME

chamber
chamber
Cases are scummy
chamber
Cases are scummy
Cases are scummy

Post Post #397 (ISO) » Mon Nov 29, 2010 3:26 pm

Post by chamber »

Hey parama, you gave at least some mention of everyone on your scumlist except for me. I don't need to know why you think I'm scum, but why you didn't mention me at all would be cool.
Taking a break from the site.
scotmany12
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
scotmany12
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #398 (ISO) » Mon Nov 29, 2010 3:29 pm

Post by scotmany12 »

SensFan wrote:I think you'll find that I was able to answer Nathan's question immedately about if I could veto the execution. What reason would I have for having asked the Mod beforehand, if not that I wanted to make sure I could veto the chesskid execution? And if so, that suggests I was not, in fact, looking to get a quick execution.
Except this is all mute because you waived your right to veto.

Parama, your ad hominem is noted.

I would not be opposed to an inhim execution.
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #399 (ISO) » Mon Nov 29, 2010 3:35 pm

Post by Parama »

REALLY. We're really going to go there, scot?
@chamber: I'd tell you, but I forgot which posts I didn't like and I'm too lazy to find them atm so maybe I'll tell you tomorrow. Needless to say you're not the top of my suspicions list atm so I barely care.
Show

GET TO KNOW ME

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”