PranaDevil
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #400 (ISO) » Mon Nov 29, 2010 5:28 am

Post by PranaDevil »

I do love a good Fate rage, I also love how every time I've played with him and he's gone nutso like this he's also been bang on the money. (I think the Chronopie thing was a nod to SE III too, but my brain's frozen).

Anyways... scum:

Guderian
Hoopla
Benmage

Two others to add at a later time, though I like the InHim points Llama raised earlier.

I do like the Hoopla wagon though, Benmage still needs lynching, Gude is definite scum, but Hooplascum needs shutting down earlier than later as even with a less powerful role than other scum, as a player she's the most dangerous to town.

unvote;
Vote: Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #401 (ISO) » Mon Nov 29, 2010 5:30 am

Post by Hoopla »

The entire reason for this disconnect is based on differing beliefs of Gandalf's alignment. You think he is town, so obviously claiming is less beneficial for town, whereas, I think it's likelier than not he is scum, meaning it's more beneficial to catch a scum claim this way. Regardless, if you believe Gandalf is town and chkflip is town, I have no idea why you're not wanting Guderian or vollkan dead, because surely the odds of scum being there trump whatever subjective scumtells you have on me.

If you want to vote me tomorrow, fine, but everyone voting outside of the top four is wasting their vote. We should be closing down neighbourhoods early.
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #402 (ISO) » Mon Nov 29, 2010 5:35 am

Post by Hoopla »

PranaDevil wrote: I do like the Hoopla wagon though, Benmage still needs lynching, Gude is definite scum, but Hooplascum needs shutting down earlier than later as even with a less powerful role than other scum, as a player she's the most dangerous to town.
That's flattering, but what about if I'm town? Because surely, I do not exist as a mechanism to further scum win conditions regardless of my alignment. Do you mean my benefit to scum as scum is greater than my benefit to town as town?
PranaDevil
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #403 (ISO) » Mon Nov 29, 2010 5:43 am

Post by PranaDevil »

I mean that you are scum, and that as scum, you are much more beneficial to scum's win condition than any of the other roles they may have at this moment in time, even if your role turns out to be just plain Mafia Goon.
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #404 (ISO) » Mon Nov 29, 2010 5:49 am

Post by Hoopla »

PranaDevil wrote:I mean that you are scum, and that as scum, you are much more beneficial to scum's win condition than any of the other roles they may have at this moment in time, even if your role turns out to be just plain Mafia Goon.
Oh look, it's Fate 2.0.
Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #405 (ISO) » Mon Nov 29, 2010 5:53 am

Post by Jack »

If hoopla is scum, guderian is scum. If hoopla is town, guderian is scum. Wagoning hoopla makes no sense.

So I have to either read all that or switch to guderian. Are people seriously willing to argue that gandalf is town though?
Fate
Fate
:HAPPY:
Fate

Post Post #406 (ISO) » Mon Nov 29, 2010 5:56 am

Post by Fate »

Hoopla wrote:The entire reason for this disconnect is based on differing beliefs of Gandalf's alignment. You think he is town, so obviously claiming is less beneficial for town, whereas, I think it's likelier than not he is scum, meaning it's more beneficial to catch a scum claim this way. Regardless, if you believe Gandalf is town and chkflip is town, I have no idea why you're not wanting Guderian or vollkan dead, because surely the odds of scum being there trump whatever subjective scumtells you have on me.

If you want to vote me tomorrow, fine, but everyone voting outside of the top four is wasting their vote. We should be closing down neighbourhoods early.
It is less beneficial REGARDLESS of his alignment based on YOUR own proclaimed reads of chkflip town, etc. YouSTILL have not provided your train of thought oln WHO gandalfs supposed buddy was and how you thought that he had chosen gunsmith as opposed to gandalf being vanilla to smith. All you have said is "derp well last game 2/4of scum was there sso surely its the same" bs evidence to support your stancee that isn't based on scuumhunting

No part of this post reads as town "if you think I'm scum, fine, but lynch guder/volan then if X" is MARKEDL SCUMMIER THAN TOWN who would say"wtf? You think I'm scum? GANDALF IS OBVSCUM YOU IDIOT AND THE NUMBERS SUPPORT IT"

You have basically admitted to being scummy and the case on you valid in this post. Why should we close down neighborhoods today and not tomorrow (when you suggest we lynch you)? Why should we EVER follow a lynch schedule off our top scumread?
Fate is absurdly beautiful. 運命に弄ばれる
"Fate you keep alternating between narratives of doing it for fun and doing it for the sake of winning"
PranaDevil
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #407 (ISO) » Mon Nov 29, 2010 6:03 am

Post by PranaDevil »

Jack wrote:If hoopla is scum, guderian is scum. If hoopla is town, guderian is scum. Wagoning hoopla makes no sense.

So I have to either read all that or switch to guderian. Are people seriously willing to argue that gandalf is town though?
Guderian is scum regardless, Hoopla is a much better player as Guderian and thus can direct scum better the longer she is alive. Dead Hooplascum as Mafia Goon is better for town day 1 than say, dead Guderian scum as Mafia Vig.
Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #408 (ISO) » Mon Nov 29, 2010 6:07 am

Post by Jack »

No.
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #409 (ISO) » Mon Nov 29, 2010 6:22 am

Post by Hoopla »

PranaDevil wrote:
Jack wrote:If hoopla is scum, guderian is scum. If hoopla is town, guderian is scum. Wagoning hoopla makes no sense.

Guderian is scum regardless, Hoopla is a much better player as Guderian and thus can direct scum better the longer she is alive. Dead Hooplascum as Mafia Goon is better for town day 1 than say, dead Guderian scum as Mafia Vig.
You're seriously arguing that a me-goon is more powerful than a scum double kill? You're fucking deluded. Awesome scum directing by me if Guderian/Gandalf are scum. IT'S GENIUS.

Seriously, you're just playing to my ego, saying I'm the scum mastermind, when in reality players like me gather a lot of attention reagrdless which is the exact opposite of what makes a successful scum player, particularly when the town is filled with people suffering from a hero complex, relishing the opportunity to take down the top dog. I know I get zero credit from bussing, and I know I will be scrutinised out of paranoia at some point in the game - there is literally no incentive for me to try and be the scum mastermind bussing my PR-scumbuddies, beyond ego, and frankly, I'd like to think I'm more modest than that, or at least sensible enough to know that gives me low odds of winning.

Again, I expect to be scrutinised, but your fear of me being scum is irrational, because I know I won't make it to endgame, either way. You have other shadows lurking around you who have better chances of winnng as scum.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #410 (ISO) » Mon Nov 29, 2010 6:24 am

Post by Benmage »

Geeze busy weekend, you guys need to chill a little.
"ITT Benmage is making Shakespeare look cool. I need to bring you to my high school." -Vi
"If i must blantantly follow somone a player cannot do better than blindly following benmage" - tubby216
PranaDevil
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #411 (ISO) » Mon Nov 29, 2010 6:34 am

Post by PranaDevil »

Hoopla wrote:Seriously, you're just playing to my ego, saying I'm the scum mastermind, when in reality players like me gather a lot of attention reagrdless which is the exact opposite of what makes a successful scum player, particularly when the town is filled with people suffering from a hero complex, relishing the opportunity to take down the top dog.
Why are you using WIFOM Hoopla?

"I'm only getting attention because I get attention anyway, so it would be a bad scum strategy to have me as scum" huh? You don't pick whether you're scum, and if you were extra quiet this game it would definitely be picked up on, so you had no choice but to give it all you had to show you were on town's side. Leaving the above quote to be pure WIFOM.
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #412 (ISO) » Mon Nov 29, 2010 6:38 am

Post by Hoopla »

Forgot to answer this;
LlamaFluff wrote:1) Who was bringing up some "Giardia or vollkan" thing? I think someone was talking about that at one point.
2) Did Hoopla do this neighborhood thing in PPY3?
1) That was me.
2) Yes. Have a link. This was on D3. Every single one of my predictions were right, except the janitor being scum.
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #413 (ISO) » Mon Nov 29, 2010 7:05 am

Post by Hoopla »

PranaDevil wrote:Why are you using WIFOM Hoopla?

"I'm only getting attention because I get attention anyway, so it would be a bad scum strategy to have me as scum" huh? You don't pick whether you're scum, and if you were extra quiet this game it would definitely be picked up on, so you had no choice but to give it all you had to show you were on town's side. Leaving the above quote to be pure WIFOM.
It's wifom, but there are still very rational, logical undertones to what I say. The take-away point from that post is that I know I won't make it to endgame, so bussing my buddies is fucking stupid if I'm going to wind up dead at some point. There's no point doing something if it nets me no gain. You could argue that I net this wifom defense as a gain, but is that worth it?

Of course not, and I know it doesn't work. It happened to me in PYP3 where I was lynched as town. My defense was based on me-scum playing in an illogical way;
Fate wrote:
Hoopla wrote: Also, do you seriously think if I were scum I'd let my team get into this position so early in the game, and choose such roles? I would never take the vigs if I had two top 5 draft picks - there's so many more better role combinations, especially ones safer to a potential massclaim that give more outs.
Read between the lines Hoopla.

I THINK YOU'RE SCUM. YOU'VE BEEN TOO HONEST THIS GAME.
There was zero incentive for me to make the idiotic role choices that the scum did that game if you want to brand me with the scum mastermind tag, yet I was still lynched out of paranoia that game. There is also zero incentive for me to try and play the role I did in PYP2, because I know it doesn't work now that I've developed a reputation for it, and I expect to die at some stage. There are varying degrees of wifom - the initial coinage of the term was based on an event with relatively equal odds of being true. I don't think the pay-off for me being scum in the last game was equivalent - it was very irrational for scum-Hoopla to make such role choices, but aha! that is what she wants you to think. And when you think that way, you give it relatively equal odds of being true, rather than recognising that deliberately making an irrational/suboptimal choice should be judged on a sliding scale of probability.

Yes, I could bus my entire team. Yes, I could make super irrational role-choices for my scumteam, JUST so I can have people think "well, Hoopla wouldn't do that!". But it just doesn't work. Because I know people don't get this and won't give you credit proportional to the unlikelihood of you doing it as scum. They will still suspect me using behavioural tells, when something empirically irrational/illogical for me to do surfaces. And that subjective tell shouldn't eclipse a situation where it makes zero sense for me to do something as scum. I have better ways of improving my chances of winning if I indeed get dealt the hand of scum, rather than box myself into a super irrational position, just so I can have a defense against it.

This game isn't quite there yet, as we have no scumflips, but I still maintain my play doesn't give me the best odds of winning as scum, purely because I know I'll always garner a decent amount of suspicion if I'm alive. Don't discount something as wifom - the whole game is wifom, for fuck sake. The whole game is about predicting if someone would do something as town or scum. Every single tell is subject to this framework, but we do our best to weasel out the best bets during the game. And I strongly put forward I am not the best bet.
inHimshallibe
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
inHimshallibe
SmartyPants
SmartyPants

Post Post #414 (ISO) » Mon Nov 29, 2010 8:15 am

Post by inHimshallibe »

Hoopla wrote:We should be closing down neighbourhoods early.
I think this is a bit off-base. We should be lynching the scummiest candidates and using the information all deaths give us to close down the 'hoods. For example, lynching a X=6 scum is far more valuable to the town than lynching scum in the Fab Four; we potentially create a bloc of four town in the X=6 group.

Interestingly enough, Hoopla is in the X=6 'hood.

Hm.

But, OK, I understand that we want to take out possible scum vigs first, and those are more likely to be in the unique groups.

Vote on Guderian stands, I'm still not sold either way on Hoopla.
Show
"I'm from Indiana. I know what you're thinking: Indiana... Mafia." - Jim Gaffigan

Mod of the continuing World of Warcraft Dungeon Run series
:

Mini 1135 - Mafia in the Deadmines
Mini 1208 - Mafia in the Scarlet Monastery
Sajin
Sajin
Mafia Scum
Sajin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #415 (ISO) » Mon Nov 29, 2010 8:30 am

Post by Sajin »

Was gone for most of the holiday weekend. Sorry.

Joy so Spyrex confirms scum were able to coordinate. IMO I do not really see how they had a whole lot of time to coordinate. I would bet most probably stuck with their original submission for when they signed up then. So I really dislike the arguments of "the whole scum team probably picked like they did in this or that PYP" because I really cannot see the benefit those arguments have from a numbers/lynching standpoint versus their power to FOS one way and lynch another. Not that they could not be good for analysis, but based on spyrex's clarification and the timing of the queue, to draft proceeding, the time allotted to scum to coordinate is/was significantly lower then other PYPs (in part due to the mod wanting to cut queue discussion no doubt). This is in addition to the having to submit numbers as you /in (which before alignment was received).

Many of the theories that have been assuming perfect coordination and I would submit that scum had less then perfect coordination (depends on activity of scum members and based on how fast this thread grows in a day, this argument could mean much less I suppose, but its a concern nonetheless). Also I see no reason why the scum would not just stick with the randomly submitted numbers (and granted we have a self admitted number changer in the thread so this argument holds less weight). Although this could be "less optimal" as phrased by some its also much "less readable" (how do you get a coercive tell on something that was generated with no group planning/coerciveness?). Randomly generated numbers were in fact generated by "to be" scum members. In fact I would posit a counter theory that scum may have used (some or all) of the initial numbers which caused the draft to produce a GREATER number of "neighborhood" members then other PYPs.

My opinion of course.

If most of you would like to continue the number analysis of course that is fine. But at least consider the above, and preferably comment about it. After all, arguments based on false principles are the worst forms of argument. Not only are they wrong but logical arguments based on false premises are the single greatest tool scum can use to manipulate town with.

@Hoopla- I have a few concerns. Are you willing to accept that some circumstances may be different between games (for instance, the one I outlined above)? Because I see you as wanting to treat this like the same formulaic PYP game with a few role differences rather then its own unique game (although related, different).

I am not going to buy the more scum exist in a given set, without reasoning for it, and I do not see it here.

Also what the hell is the reason for rolefishing more people? I really do not care that you believe a greater likelihood of scum is in a subset of people. If you thought gandalf was scummy and were still willing to lynch him at the point of you asking that question, then what point is there of getting more claims from people (even if you thought they were scummy, why could this not wait till after night then?)? I did not see a change in your gandalf stance (I could of missed it). Its one thing if there is a general consensus of scummyness from said people. But there is not such a thing, as much as you want to keep repeating it. Repeating something over and over does not make it true. The rolefishing makes no sense from a town POV.

unvote; vote: hoopla

(And what the heck was the point of your 413 post?)

@Benmage- First- your a moron. If the scum know with 200 percent certainty where a certain role is located because you think everyone should choose based on the same hierarchy is a bad idea. One of the strongest aspects of a PR being in the game is that it can appear randomly anywhere in the list. In this games its not so. Your comments concerning roles I feel are pointless to make from a town POV and could only be beneficial from a scum POV. There are so many holes in your "best play" theory it hurts.

Also my policy does not require anyone to say "Action submitted, I am a PR huck yuk". I just want a common agreement there is no excuse for unreasoned non actioning and to make a public notice loud enough that scum do not get to get away with "I did not submit an action the last 2 days because you guys lynched to fast and I was still reading the thread". I really hate dealing with that crap later, and I am trying to nip it in the bud here.

@Fate- Can you tune down with the noise? I know you find it fun, but it really is pointless (and makes reads from other players harder by comparison). I understand your points just fine.

@Rabies- Please make some more comments when you get a chance. If you need starting points: Opinion of Guderian wagon, opinion of gandalf wagon, and your own opinion about scum draft numbers. Preferably more than that.

_

Xvart is playing much better now imo. In particular, I like his gandalf catch as well as his reply to several players concerns.

Concerning the gandalf situation, that was indeed epic fail. But the problem is I could actually see him justifying his predecesors role choice pick as his own as town. Meh. That by itself was not enough, but his reaction to the entire situation strikes me with a slightly town vibe honestly (mostly being his thinking he would be lynched/pressured a bunch and posting his collection of reads on people to try and be a benefit makes me think he is town). What I really dislike about the situation though is chain wagoning based on just that quote and a vote. The guderian case is better than the gandalf case imo and I would like to see what gandalf wagoners have to say about the other and vice versa.

If we are going to play the best path to follow is this strategy game then I have a proposal. Which I am going to put in my following post.
"Against logic there is no armor like ignorance."
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #416 (ISO) » Mon Nov 29, 2010 8:36 am

Post by Hoopla »

inHimshallibe wrote:
Hoopla wrote:We should be closing down neighbourhoods early.
I think this is a bit off-base. We should be lynching the scummiest candidates and using the information all deaths give us to close down the 'hoods. For example, lynching a X=6 scum is far more valuable to the town than lynching scum in the Fab Four; we potentially create a bloc of four town in the X=6 group.
Right, but the only reason why it's so much more valuable is because there's long-odds of it being true. You can play roulette and gamble on zero if you want, but the pay-off whilst big, won't happen very often at all. And I'd suggest the pay-off isn't really proportionate to the wager when you consider scum have done better than random each time. Knowing 5 different draft numbers will always produce better than average results for scum in the long-run (if they choose unique numbers). In the bottom half (12-22) in the last two PYP's, there have only been 3 scum in 22 players. Those odds suck. This is the house edge showing.

Spoiler: Drafts
PYP 2:

1)
Socrates (12,1)

2)
Fate (13,4)

3)
bouncy.bouncy (2,1)

4)
Cobalt (2,10)

5)
RayFrost (4,6)

6)
Redcoyote (4,9)

7)
Jack (7,2)

8)
FeFiFoFum (7,11)

9)
StrangerCoug (3,1)

10)
The1fifi (3,7)

11)
wolframnhart (3,7)

12)
Devotress (8,3)

13)
Porkens (8,9)

14)
DocPotter (8,10)

15)
Ellibereth (1,2)

16)
Dramonic (1,1)

17)
Hoopla (1,1)

18)
TonyMontana (1,1)

19)
Farside (6,3)

20)
curiouskarmadog (6,12)

21)
Pomegranate (6,4)

22)
Faraday (6,4)

PYP 3:

1)
sorasgoof (2,12)

2)
Pomegranate (10,1)

3)
Sando (11,7)

4)
Porkens (12,3)

5)
Dramonic (13,7)

6)
SerialClergyman (1,1)

7)
manho (1,1)

8)
Socrates (3,6)

9)
Zoiaum (3,6)

10)
Ellibereth (5,4)

11)
Drippinggoofball (5,15)

12)
superawesomemegapimp (6,1)

13)
Budja (6,2)

14)
Fate (7,3)

15)
Parama (7,11)

16)
PranaDevil (4,5)

17)
CryMeARiver (4,7)

18)
12keyblade (4,8)

19)
Zang (9,2)

20)
Faraday (9,4)

21)
Hoopla (9,9)

22)
mb53 (9,15)

inHimshallibe wrote:Interestingly enough, Hoopla is in the X=6 'hood.
Not really, though...
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #417 (ISO) » Mon Nov 29, 2010 8:55 am

Post by Hoopla »

Sajin wrote: @Hoopla- I have a few concerns. Are you willing to accept that some circumstances may be different between games (for instance, the one I outlined above)? Because I see you as wanting to treat this like the same formulaic PYP game with a few role differences rather then its own unique game (although related, different).
ARE YOU FOR REAL? THE WHOLE POINT OF GETTING SPYREX TO CONFIRM SCUM COULD COORDINATE PREGAME WAS TO PROVE TO YOU!!! THAT THIS GAME IS EXACTLY LIKE THE LAST TWO PYP GAMES.

SAJIN:
UM YEAH, YOUR THEORIES ARE GOOD IF THIS WAS LIKE THE OTHER PYP'S, BUT IT'S NOT UGVHGHGHGH
HOOPLA:
DUDE, THEY ARE EXACTLY THE SAME, SCUM COULD PLAN PREGAME IF THEY WISHED
SAJIN:
HOOPLES I SEROISULY DOUBT THAT
SPYREX:
SCUM COULD PLAN PREGAME. THE QUICKTOPIC WAS ACTIVE FROM THE SIGNUP THREAD.
SAJIN:
UGHGHG CIRCUMSTANCES ARE DIFFERENT. I DOUBT THEY HAD TIME TO CHAT.

Want some proof that scum were probably chatting pregame?

November 21, 1:42PM:
SpyreX wrote:As the answers are both yes, Zodiark fills it out.

I'll send a poke to whomever hasn't got me numbers.
November 22, 1:37AM:
SpyreX wrote:Just waiting for a few more numbers.
November 22, 9:00PM:
SpyreX wrote:Numbers are all in!

Tonight at 11 PM PST I'll have the draft order up.
You have until then to change numbers.
That's a good 34 hours from the last sign-up to when all the numbers were in and couldn't be changed. This doesn't even include the time during the rest of sign-ups where some of the scum could have been talking and planning. Before you ask, you receive your alignment as you as /in and send numbers. Three scum could have been talking in the QT together by the time 12 people had signed up.

CONCLUSION: SCUM WERE VERY LIKELY COLLUDING PREGAME. JUST FINALLY ADMIT IT'S REAL, BECAUSE YOUR ARGUMENTS SUCK. THE DRAFT WAS EXACTLY THE SAME AS THE LAST ONES. SCUM ARE IN THE TOP 4.
gandalf5166
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #418 (ISO) » Mon Nov 29, 2010 9:00 am

Post by gandalf5166 »

Hoopla wrote:The entire reason for this disconnect is based on differing beliefs of Gandalf's alignment. You think he is town, so obviously claiming is less beneficial for town, whereas, I think it's likelier than not he is scum, meaning it's more beneficial to catch a scum claim this way. Regardless, if you believe Gandalf is town and chkflip is town, I have no idea why you're not wanting Guderian or vollkan dead, because surely the odds of scum being there trump whatever subjective scumtells you have on me.

Wow lol. And if I was scum, fakeclaiming, what results could you have gotten out of the top four that would have changed your perception of me at all? If one of them HAD claimed GS, I could still be scum who tried for GS. Or just a lucky bastard. Or they could be my scumbuddy. And if none of them had, the real GS could have just been semi-intelligent and realized that claiming GS did ABSOLUTELY FUCKING NOTHING FOR TOWN.
Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #419 (ISO) » Mon Nov 29, 2010 9:03 am

Post by Jack »

Hoopla wrote:ARE YOU FOR REAL?
Do you think he is?
Sajin wrote:IMO I do not really see...I would bet most probably...I really cannot see...I would submit...less then perfect coordination...this argument could mean much less I suppose, but its a concern nonetheless...My opinion of course...
fos:Sajin
Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #420 (ISO) » Mon Nov 29, 2010 9:06 am

Post by Jack »

This wagon on hoopla is crappy. You may not believe in the numbers theory but that doesn't mean that hoopla-town doesn't. She linked to the game where she was town already. "role fishing" makes sense based on the theory. She hasn't been scummy since it turned out gandalf was scum.
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #421 (ISO) » Mon Nov 29, 2010 9:23 am

Post by chkflip »

- Feeling better, but I've got school today and have to leave right now; however, upon my return, expect to have what I said you'd have.
"Fuck you. I opened up my heart to you and you stabbed it a thousand times." - Gamma, to me, right before confessing to being the town vig and murdering my scum partner N1.
slowsilver
slowsilver
Townie
slowsilver
Townie
Townie

Post Post #422 (ISO) » Mon Nov 29, 2010 9:56 am

Post by slowsilver »

Woah, lots of raging, but more importantly lots of capitals gone on in the last few pages. So, tell me guys... is there some deep, hidden anger between Hoopla and Fate which you guys just want to get out in the open? I can definitely sense a tension here.
Obnoxious Quote: "Nuthunuul, ofc." --Parama, Mini 1079, page 2 for reference

[Scummiest scum of the month here]
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #423 (ISO) » Mon Nov 29, 2010 10:34 am

Post by DrippingGoofball »

Just iso this guy.

VOTE: chkflip
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
PranaDevil
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #424 (ISO) » Mon Nov 29, 2010 10:36 am

Post by PranaDevil »

Jack wrote:This wagon on hoopla is crappy. You may not believe in the numbers theory but that doesn't mean that hoopla-town doesn't. She linked to the game where she was town already. "role fishing" makes sense based on the theory. She hasn't been scummy since it turned out gandalf was scum.
First off, both myself and Fate were active and town in the game where Hoopla was town, so we know all about that game.

Also, I do believe in the numbers theory, in the sense that with 5 scum, 3 will have unique X numbers at least, the final 2 either also have unique X numbers, or deliberately went for the same X number to try and throw town (even more likely with Hoopla-scum because she would understand how good of a tactic it was, and hence be pushing the number theory of there being only 1 scum per X block).

But at the same time, Hoopla had no choice but to push that number theory, Hoopla pushed it heavily in the past, it would have been so damned scummy if she'd just ignored it outright that at least one person (likely Fate in all honesty) would have called her on why she's not making it known this time round. Plus, if two scum have picked the same X number, pushing the number theory helps her hugely, because then if one of them is lynched, the other looks to be confirmed town.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”