Post by Nicodemus »

CD3
Username:
Nicodemus
Did you Hear Noise?
Yes
Did you Ward? If so, who?
No
Did you gain Insanities, and if so, which ones and from what actions?
No
List all of the insanities you currently have:
None
Did you
successfully
resuscitate? If so, who?
No
Were you murdered?
No
Did you Commune or Investigate? If so, who, and what result? (Note that these are both poor N1 choices.)
No
Twitch?
N/A
Ythan, on my play: "Scummy and bad are not the same. Some players manage to keep them separate, though I applaud how masterfully you blend them."
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3001 (ISO) » Sun Nov 28, 2010 4:58 pm

Post by Iecerint »

Neat! I'm the only one safe tonight. :P

Thanks. <3
Seacore
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3002 (ISO) » Sun Nov 28, 2010 5:06 pm

Post by Seacore »

Ah, I see now I missed AV's post, so yes, I believe Nico was the last. Now we can organise I graverob and hammer.

Also, I wouldn't mind a compilation of everybody's Night Actions so far.

4 columns wide.
ie.

Seacore - Unclaimed - Ward Triglav - Investigate El G, that kind of deal-yo, I'd do it myself, but I'd be just going through posts to do it, and I've got a feeling a couple of people have been doing it as they went.
Seacore
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3003 (ISO) » Sun Nov 28, 2010 5:51 pm

Post by Seacore »

EBWOP: "I graverob" = a graverob

Just pointing out I'm not putting myself forward (although I'd be willing to do it)
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #3004 (ISO) » Sun Nov 28, 2010 6:14 pm

Post by SpyreX »

So it was furpants? Jesus world.

On the plus side the simple way this slopped out makes Ice p town.
Plum wrote:This post filled me with all sorts of weird and scummy.
What?

He went "I was scummy on purpose to make sure I dont get NK'd".

That is retarded in the best of circumstances (see super cop). In this one, its flat out scummy. Which it was.
VV wrote:Spy has been soo useless in this game and that is simply not TownSpy nope! This is reminiscient of scumSpy from /invitational 11 where he tunneled on me for like 5 day phases or something. And his case is 'Oh, he's useless'. That sounds awfully familiar, no?

Spy has done like, 2 things in this game.
1. Tunnel El G
2. Distance with AV(which is looks so faked it hurts. Absolutely nothing useful came out from that argument. )

That's it. That's the sum total of Spy's contributions. And maybe AV scum too~

In the meantime ElG is too scummy for scum. I do not see scum playing that card for extra fetishes or whatever. El G is for stalking though. ElG actually smells like the counter-wagon. Not sure what you're sniffing hito but counterwagons happen on obvscum, not Spyscum.
I'm not even sure where to begin here.

Those are the 2 things you'd say I've done this game? Jesus I've probably spent more words arguing with BENMAGE about his ongoing madness than talking about ElG (which, really, should be almost 0 words because jesus).

Not that it matters because I'm pretty sure you lept onto the idiocy quick enough that you're on the short list of knives but.

And 2scum4scum.

And I'm scum WITH AV? WOOOO

Yep. Well played.
Ben wrote:Spy, I love you buddy. You just got the wrong role PM this game.
You're my bro too but good lord I want to strangle you so much it hurts right now.

I'll try again and if the answer is a buzzword I may explode:

Assume I'm cult.

Like I said yesterday I absolutely wouldn't be surprised if I was your stalk target (realistically, it was about a 75% chance in my head that it was one of Wraith or I). So, I would have had to mention this fact and have someone rez me.

NOW, at that point theres really three options:

1.) Have a buddy claim they rezzed me (Good)
2.) Deny your stalk and make you out to be a liar face (Ok)
3.) ??? Rainbow dance party (Bad)

You're saying I went with three. Moreso, you can't give me ANY GOOD REASON why I would go with three. (I could see a couple for 1 not happening but 2? Really?)

On the flipside Assume I'm town.

Again, I'm not surprised if I was your stalk. I said so.

I get killed and rezzed and have no idea WHO did it and am waiting for it to come out.

It doesn't happen putting me at rainbow dance party.

Let us continue:
Ben wrote: Absolutely. What cult comes out and says "I cowered"...Its a WIFOM sandwhich sure...but what is he aiming at a Day or 2 max to live by, whereas there really was no immediate threat on his life.

Nope.

This is the easy mislynch. This is the wagon protecting the scum buddy SpyreX.
Remember all the yelling about how your killing Fate et all even with the upside (proving you are town) was a bad use of actions?

ElG is actively doing worse.

You're giving a pass to a three-headed hyrda that mysteriously didn't manage to even get in ANY actions after choosing a worthless one N1.

The ONLY argument (which is retarded) is 2scum4scum and well.
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3005 (ISO) » Sun Nov 28, 2010 6:17 pm

Post by Iecerint »

Yeah. The only reason not to lynch ElG is that there are (amazingly) other players who qualify for the lynch analogously (xvart).
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #3006 (ISO) » Sun Nov 28, 2010 6:26 pm

Post by SpyreX »

Yeah. The only reason not to lynch ElG is that there are (amazingly) other players who qualify for the lynch analogously (xvart).
Did I miss something more than wanting to kill fur that would make them analogous?

Because while that's fairly functionally retarded at least its
functional
Show

Proud member of BaM
Furcolow
Furcolow
To Be Frank
Furcolow
To Be Frank
To Be Frank

Post Post #3007 (ISO) » Sun Nov 28, 2010 7:03 pm

Post by Furcolow »

hitogoroshi wrote:L-2.

We need to get a couple of things straight before hammahtime. Have to pick graverobbers, and I need to update the reference. I'm a bit strapped for time, so I'd appreciate the danger/no danger lists from someone.

Also, Furc, curious as to your thoughts on this:
hito wrote:If you think Xvart is cult and not murderer, we could have you bet your life on it. I'd rather avoid investigators murdering investigators, but if you honestly think he's cult we could do that.
i feel like if he's an investigator he shouldn't carry through with it, and if he's mafia he can't because he will be busy performing cultic rituals. I feel sacrificing a confirmed townie for another confirmed townie (if he was even successful in killing me) isn't that advantageous to the town.
Furcolow
Furcolow
To Be Frank
Furcolow
To Be Frank
To Be Frank

Post Post #3008 (ISO) » Sun Nov 28, 2010 7:06 pm

Post by Furcolow »

Feysal wrote:I've been waiting for all claims to come in before voting, and with hammertime looming I will keep waiting. We've yet to hear from Nicodemus this day phase, everyone else has claimed. I searched for his posts, and it looks like his last post in this game was 12 days ago, and on the site 10 days ago. I'd say he needs a prod.
hitogoroshi #2989 wrote:L-2.

We need to get a couple of things straight before hammahtime. Have to pick graverobbers, and I need to update the reference. I'm a bit strapped for time, so I'd appreciate the danger/no danger lists from someone.
I made those lists the last time, might as well do them again.

Players without fetishes
(warding them makes most sense)
Benmage
Iecerint
Nicodemus (pending information of noise)
I removed everyone from this list who heard noise and was not warded. We may have explanations for some of those noises, but since we can't be certain if those actions masked fetishes being crafted, we can't assume those players are safe any more.

Players in danger of ritual kill
(resuscitation targets)
Andrius
AurorusVox
Baby Spice
El Goosuki
Feysal
Furcolow
hitorogoshi
kunkstar7
nopointinactingup
Plum
Seacore
SpyreX
totallynotmafia
Triglav
Trilobite
VasudeVa
VP Baltar
Wickedestjr
Wraith
xvart
Everyone not on above list, in other words nearly everyone in game.

Players who are bloody
(makes no sense to investigate)
Benmage
SpyreX
Wickedestjr

Players with insanities
(do not commune anyone known to have more insanities than you)
Andrius (2)
Benmage (4)
El Goosuki (1)
hitogoroshi (1)
kunkstar7 (2)
Seacore (1)
SpyreX (2)
Triglav (1)
VP Baltar (2)
Wickedestjr (2)
Wraith (1)
xvart (1)
This list DOES NOT yet include insanities from planned grave robs.
I agree. I will be warding Iecerint.
Furcolow
Furcolow
To Be Frank
Furcolow
To Be Frank
To Be Frank

Post Post #3009 (ISO) » Sun Nov 28, 2010 7:08 pm

Post by Furcolow »

Seacore wrote:I'm happy Furc is on the wagon prior to hammer, fills me with less dread.

X, Spyrex - Graverob Tom
Y, Spyrex - Greverob El Goosuki

Who should X, Y be? Shouldn't be Benmage, because of the longbow potential that the two of them are scum. I'd be happy for Hito and VP.

Thoughts?
that graverob plan looks awful
i have changed my mind
i will be robbing both graves
noone else need rob
in case xvart is an idiot and kills me
i will double mortician the shit out of those corpses
Andrius
Andrius
The Baker
Andrius
The Baker
The Baker

Post Post #3010 (ISO) » Sun Nov 28, 2010 7:18 pm

Post by Andrius »

You can't ward and double-rob, dumbass.

Sorry for inactivity.
Will read and catchup tomorrow, hopefully.
"This is the true face of a man who plays paladin."
Furcolow
Furcolow
To Be Frank
Furcolow
To Be Frank
To Be Frank

Post Post #3011 (ISO) » Sun Nov 28, 2010 9:13 pm

Post by Furcolow »

where did i say i could do all 3
i changed my mind obviously
Seacore
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3012 (ISO) » Sun Nov 28, 2010 9:35 pm

Post by Seacore »

Furcolow wrote:where did i say i could do all 3
i changed my mind obviously
Who would have thought that Furc would argue the case so well.

That case is, of course, that he shouldn't be entrusted to grave rob.
Triglav
Triglav
Goon
Triglav
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3013 (ISO) » Sun Nov 28, 2010 10:40 pm

Post by Triglav »

Am back :D

No one Communed Feysal? Are we only ones who liked that plan? :(
Hate you all.

So no one declares protection of Spyrex?
Concept is thrown out that Furrypants might have protected him. Hrmmm.
Didn't someone else claim protection on dead dude with a failure (Iec?) That proves 100% that dead dude protected someone unless Iec is part of very elaborate scum double setup.
Whether or not Spyrex is scum, scum should have been able to puzzle out if he was stalked based on either him being scum, or them not targeting him.
Blargh, WIFOM sandwich tastes bad. Must discuss with other heads, will have clearer view soon hopefully - this particular head tends to feel that statistically the odds favor scum being the protectors and I agree with Benmage that it seems a silly for scum to defend a NK in order to make it a day lynch.

Very much agree with hito about how lynches flitter away - we weep for Baby Spice lynch that refuses to happen.

Frustrated that Vig situation requires some planning and scum can mock it via all being Docs.
Agree with Seacore that furc is kinda squirrely, advocate plan that doesn't require him.
Plum continues to look pretty sketchy - what's she doing running around npau instead of digging into the major wagons of the day?
Look at her - a little bit on SpySpy.
Nothing on ElG.
Lots of stuff on the npau/Feysal angle and even with this focus seems *confused* about Triglav's actions re: the pair and how that affects napu's chances to be scum.
Also, she didn't psychically read one of our minds and commune Feysal or something. <--- obv. scum action.

Will also mention xvart again, he is scummy, wish this to be kept in social consciousness.
Don't like BS on Gooski.
We are an amalgamation of Adel, Albert B. Rampage, Zorblag, and Ythan (twice).
We are, in absolute honesty, a conglomeration of gandalf, drmyshottyizsik, and MichaelSableheart.
We are currently operating as an omniscient culmination of Fate, Glork and ZazieR.
Iecerint
Iecerint
Survivor
Iecerint
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3014 (ISO) » Mon Nov 29, 2010 1:28 am

Post by Iecerint »

I actually think that xvart's case is scummier, if anything. ElG's first goof didn't even explain away an insanity. xvart's "goof" did, and it's more likely to get a pass in spite of being really anti-town.
hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #3015 (ISO) » Mon Nov 29, 2010 2:26 am

Post by hitogoroshi »

Furcolow wrote:
hitogoroshi wrote:L-2.

Also, Furc, curious as to your thoughts on this:
hito wrote:If you think Xvart is cult and not murderer, we could have you bet your life on it. I'd rather avoid investigators murdering investigators, but if you honestly think he's cult we could do that.
i feel like if he's an investigator he shouldn't carry through with it, and if he's mafia he can't because he will be busy performing cultic rituals. I feel sacrificing a confirmed townie for another confirmed townie (if he was even successful in killing me) isn't that advantageous to the town.
Right, I completely agree, it's not worth it if he's town. What I'm saying is,
if you think he's cult
, we could dare him to go through with it. If he fails to murder you, we lynch him. Obviously it sucks if he's investigator. I'm just bringing this up because if you think xvart is cult we could put it to the test right here and now. (We would want to you rez in that case, so the murder would be guaranteed to work if xvart really sent it in.) It's your call, just want to make sure you're aware of the option.
"Don’t buy a dozen eggs if you just want a hardboiled egg. Don’t buy a head of lettuce if you just want a salad. Don’t buy eggs and lettuce if you want egg salad because those are not the right ingredients." -Julius Bloop
AurorusVox
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #3016 (ISO) » Mon Nov 29, 2010 8:40 am

Post by AurorusVox »

Back from V/LA - only ten pages to catch up on? Tsk tsk.

My catchup thoughts:

xvart: scum right here. Why stalk 99.99% confirmed town? To mask other means of gaining insanities. If he felt this strongly, why not do it D1? <-- answer this please, xvart :\

Wicked: Don't like the suicidal insanity grab. Not sure what to make of this. Silly silly insanity to take, but not sure it indicates alignment. What did you have against the sanctioned insanities, Wicked?

---

SpyreX: warrants a longer paragraph because I'm a bit confused. I did not like the non-claimed Rez, until Furpants rez was mentioned. Hmm.

Let me see though. Icerint claimed to have been notified of the failure.

But, in the Res action info in the OP...
"Any Resuscitate action targeting you tonight will fail, and
the player who targeted you will not be notified of the failure.
"

Icerint being notified goes AGAINST the logic of FT res'ing, since if FT res'd, Icerint should not have been notified of his failure. BUT, would Icerint
have
been notified of the failure if FT was actually Greater Ritual'd or murdered (i.e. would he have been notified because of THAT failure, not the FT ressing SpyreX failure?)

Lucky break for Spy if he is scum and FT did not rez him. Until I have the answer to the above, I am willing to believe that FT rez'd and was double-killed for now. For reference, put me firmly in the "scum not claiming to have rez'd scumSpy is optimum scum play" camp (if Spy is caught as scum, rezzer also gets caught - not claiming it minimizes risks)

---

El G: oh god, El G, what the hell? Willing to put L-1 vote down, wary that day hasn't lasted very long and we might have a rushed hammer before the night action chart is put into action.

In the meantime:
Vote: xvart

I would happily see xvart go today as well.
THE LEMON LIVES! - Cabd
Wraith
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3017 (ISO) » Mon Nov 29, 2010 9:05 am

Post by Wraith »

Furcolow can grave rob if he wants, we just shouldn't EVER rely on him to follow through. That's, what, the third time he's changed his mind TODAY?

AV, you did not claim your CD3.

To further elaborate on why El G needs to be lynched:

-He never claimed (AFAIK) his N0 action
-He made a useless action N1
-He made a useless action N2
-He took an anti-town insanity N2

Seeing a pattern?
Show
"When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why the poor have no food, they call me a communist." -Helder Camara

"For myself, I want no advantage over my fellow man, and if he is weaker than I, all the more is it my duty to help him." -Eugene Debs

"Our demands most modest are - we only want the earth!" -James Connolly
El Goosuki
El Goosuki
Goon
El Goosuki
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3018 (ISO) » Mon Nov 29, 2010 9:24 am

Post by El Goosuki »

N0, we asked for Forensic Tools.
Seacore
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3019 (ISO) » Mon Nov 29, 2010 9:58 am

Post by Seacore »

My thoughts on xvart - At the time that xvart chose to stalk, we thought we'd caught 1, maybe more, scum. Furc jeopardised the town with his actions and has added nothing positive all game. In the assumption that xvart is an investigator, I don't view him as murderous or anti town for his actions. He's admitted that he won't follow through because we're bleeding numbers at the moment. It has been mentioned previously that anti-town characters need to be taken care of and that we can't waste lynches on them. It should be noted that xvart also just finished playing A Clash of Kings mafia, and town lost by leaving village idiots alive too long. His claimed stalk is fine by me, unfortunately we can't afford for him to go through with it.

My thoughts on Spyrex - The lack of resus claimer is concerning, but it's not unreasonable to think that Tom rezzed him, especially considering how Tom died. The mod has expained that all resuscitators get a message to say Success or Fail. The rule that everybody keeps quoting probably meant to say that you won't know why it failed.

My thoughts on El G, the best lynch

My thoughts on Wraith - dude, did you read their claimed N1 action, it's pretty obvious what they would have claimed their N0 action as.
El Goosuki
El Goosuki
Goon
El Goosuki
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3020 (ISO) » Mon Nov 29, 2010 10:11 am

Post by El Goosuki »

When you all look back upon my lynch, please consider that all but one cultist is on it.

-DGB
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #3021 (ISO) » Mon Nov 29, 2010 10:54 am

Post by SpyreX »

I actually think that xvart's case is scummier, if anything. ElG's first goof didn't even explain away an insanity. xvart's "goof" did, and it's more likely to get a pass in spite of being really anti-town.
The difference is xvart COULD have been told to pull the trigger and if it didn't happen be screwed. It gets a pass because while its bad it at least makes sense.

Cower? Hell no.
Show

Proud member of BaM
Seacore
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3022 (ISO) » Mon Nov 29, 2010 11:22 am

Post by Seacore »

Also

xvart = 1 player doing 1 thing that most people disagree with + engaging in the game
El Goosuki = 3 players doing 2 things that everybody disagrees with + not engaging in the game
Trilobite
Trilobite
Goon
Trilobite
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3023 (ISO) » Mon Nov 29, 2010 11:25 am

Post by Trilobite »

Apologies for slacking over the weekend.

Agree 100% with VP's 2870: Why El G
has
to be lynched. I had thought about murdering them, but there is no grantee it will work. They have to swing.
Furcolow Post 2886 wrote:Xvart, how can you make your 2nd night action be confirming that my action defaulted to El Goosuki, and then turn around and stalk me? I wouldn't be surprised if you were the person who stalked Lost Butterfly.
I actually thought that xvart was behind the LB kill until we got MoI's flip. His two instantiates fit the stalk and kill of LB perfectly. However, xvart stalking you after he “cleared” you the night before is just really poor. I like him for a cultist very much right now. Seacore's little paragraph about the game state prior to xvart's stalk is a good point. But xvart already used his night one action to “confirm” furc. The stalk makes zero sense.

I'm lost in the NPAU, Feysal + Wicked thing that is going on. I don't see the slip.

Find myself agreeing with a lot VV here up until the too scummy to be scum deal. El G needs to go today simply because of the WIFOM, Spy probably tomorrow. Spy or xvart anyway. Also think that if Spy is cult, AV is probably town. Their extended exchange doesn't look too much like bussing. But Spy Plum, that's something else.

~Sotty
Seacore
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3024 (ISO) » Mon Nov 29, 2010 11:53 am

Post by Seacore »

@Trilo,

Xvart, by his own admission, was trying to remove a VI that was damaging to town, not to remove a potential cultist. So, to declare that his 'confirming' of Furc doesn't work with the stalking of Furc is false logic.

Whether or not someone agrees that Furc needs to die, and whether or not you believe xvart's claim, the claim is that he stalked so that he would have an opportunity to murder a player that is erratic, not helpful, doesn't understand the game and hammered despite being told not to. It should be noted that xvart has also said he will not follow through with the kill, due to all the investigator deaths.
I'm not trying to defend xvart with the above comment, he's definitely somebody to watch, but I'd like people who are attacking him to attack him using the actual facts.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”