danakillsu
Mafia Scum
danakillsu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #325 (ISO) » Sat Nov 27, 2010 6:03 pm

Post by danakillsu »

ProkhorZakharov wrote:
FrozenMirror wrote:Therefore chesskid is either displaying town mentality, knowing that his death better serves the town than a no lynch, or he's doing a scum gambit to try to look as town as possible in the face of probable lynch. We really can't tell which one it is, so therefore it isn't really any indication of alignment.
Theory disagreement: This is only a null indicator if there's a 50-50 case of town mentality vs scum gambit.

I'm leaning town on chesskid.
I most definitely misjudged you at the start of the game.
/goodposting.
FrozenMirror
FrozenMirror
Townie
FrozenMirror
Townie
Townie

Post Post #326 (ISO) » Sat Nov 27, 2010 8:14 pm

Post by FrozenMirror »

Dana wrote: They can't perfectly emulate town play. And in EXACTLY the same way, town players, no matter how bad they are, make town-tells because they are town and can't help it. They can't perfectly emulate scum play, even if they're horrible. Therefore, if there are scum-tells, there are town-tells.
For the record,
I
agree with this. The motivations that drive one's alignment shape their actions, even if they're trying to hide it.
Prokhor wrote: Theory disagreement: This is only a null indicator if there's a 50-50 case of town mentality vs scum gambit.
True, there's usually about 3 town for every scum in a given game, but by that theory almost everything is invalid because everyone you target is more likely to be town.

Granted, I agree with you on account of the meta read of chess fighting for his life as scum, but attempting to be a sacrificial lamb here.

I would, however, like to point out that chess literally went a good way to suggesting that the "town-tell theory" this player slot has been pushing is true. Chess actively did something that he considers a town tell for the purpose of looking town. Scum is trying to do this.

I won't argue the point further, though. It isn't productive in the least.
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #327 (ISO) » Sat Nov 27, 2010 8:18 pm

Post by chesskid3 »

Humouring your point, I wouldn't have said that if I were mafia derp.

inb4 some objection
Papa Zito - "Your signature has been blanked...we remove signatures at a users request if said signature references them, or if it quotes from a thread in the Speakeasy, which is not allowed without permission of the poster"
vezokpiraka
vezokpiraka
Jack of All Trades
vezokpiraka
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #328 (ISO) » Sun Nov 28, 2010 7:54 am

Post by vezokpiraka »

unvote
vote Taskyp/b]

That one post was so oblivious.
Windows hasn't detected any keyboard. Press Enter.
gandalf5166
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #329 (ISO) » Sun Nov 28, 2010 8:05 am

Post by gandalf5166 »

I think Chess is a jester, and Tasky is a lyncher with chess as his target.
Kitoari
Kitoari
Goon
Kitoari
Goon
Goon

Post Post #330 (ISO) » Sun Nov 28, 2010 10:51 am

Post by Kitoari »

Sadly it is too late to start an alternative lynch.

Kito is very sad.

Vote: Chesskid3
Interested in doing a Dept. Heaven Large Theme. If you're interested in ironing it out, drop me a line.
gandalf5166
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #331 (ISO) » Sun Nov 28, 2010 11:06 am

Post by gandalf5166 »

VOTE: Chess
Kitoari
Kitoari
Goon
Kitoari
Goon
Goon

Post Post #332 (ISO) » Sun Nov 28, 2010 11:07 am

Post by Kitoari »

unvote
vote: chess

God I hate that rule.
Interested in doing a Dept. Heaven Large Theme. If you're interested in ironing it out, drop me a line.
gandalf5166
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #333 (ISO) » Sun Nov 28, 2010 11:22 am

Post by gandalf5166 »

unvote, vote chess

I've never seen the purpose in it, other than to allow fake votes.
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #334 (ISO) » Sun Nov 28, 2010 12:13 pm

Post by chesskid3 »

Kitoari wrote:Sadly it is too late to start an alternative lynch.

Kito is very sad.

Vote: Chesskid3
Scumtastic
Papa Zito - "Your signature has been blanked...we remove signatures at a users request if said signature references them, or if it quotes from a thread in the Speakeasy, which is not allowed without permission of the poster"
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #335 (ISO) » Sun Nov 28, 2010 12:24 pm

Post by chesskid3 »

As in to say You have attempted earlier with words to explain all how you think I'm going to flip town, but you completely excuse the misslynch with the single sentence "Sadly it is too late to start an alternative lynch."
Meanwhile, you aren't even trying, and at the time of that post, I was the lead wagon by maybe 1 vote, if at all.
FrozenMirror
FrozenMirror
Townie
FrozenMirror
Townie
Townie

Post Post #336 (ISO) » Sun Nov 28, 2010 12:26 pm

Post by FrozenMirror »

Mod, MafiaSSK needs a prod. He hasn't posted in a while. Cough. Can we have a vote count please?

And a replacement for Espeonage?

It isn't too late to lynch actual scum like WMC, who people think is town despite the fact that he hasn't made any pro-town posts. Scum not letting their buddy get lynched? I think so!
gandalf5166
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #337 (ISO) » Sun Nov 28, 2010 1:46 pm

Post by gandalf5166 »

We really do need a vote count. I just kind of assumed that chess was the biggest wagon.
danakillsu
danakillsu
Mafia Scum
danakillsu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #338 (ISO) » Sun Nov 28, 2010 3:29 pm

Post by danakillsu »

Deadline is Wednesday, guys. We can still lynch anyone we want, we don't have to resort to lynching a fairly obvtown player.
WeaponsofMassConstruction
Goon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #339 (ISO) » Sun Nov 28, 2010 3:50 pm

Post by WeaponsofMassConstruction »

There are 20 people in this game? The hell?
Feysal wrote:I'm not seeing us making much progress. There is some discussion, but mostly it is the same points being repeated. No one has changed their mind or their vote. Well, given that I'm alone in voting IH and I don't see that leading anywhere, I suppose I'll change my vote.

Unvote: IH
Vote: WoMC
This is textbook scum overjustifying their vote. Hey gandalf, what do you think about this post's conciseness?
FrozenMirror
FrozenMirror
Townie
FrozenMirror
Townie
Townie

Post Post #340 (ISO) » Sun Nov 28, 2010 4:43 pm

Post by FrozenMirror »

I would like everyone to take a look at Toon Fighter's ISO. Higher post count than some, but zero content. Also, he claimed a "worst role ever" so therefore isn't lurking to protect a pro-town role.

If we weren't so close to the deadline, I would definitely pressure this guy.
Mod, can I add Toon Fighter to the list of people that need a prod?
gandalf5166
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #341 (ISO) » Sun Nov 28, 2010 6:08 pm

Post by gandalf5166 »

UNVOTE
VOTE: WOMC

And FrozenMirror, you forget: Some of the "Worst Roles Ever" are actually incredibly powerful. They're simply supremely unbalanced.
MafiaSSK
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
MafiaSSK
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #342 (ISO) » Mon Nov 29, 2010 2:54 am

Post by MafiaSSK »

Future vote count to go here, when I have more than 2 minutes to type.

1. Remember you can ask Zwetschenwasser to do any thing that I seem to be forgetting to do.
Call me "SSK, or "ssk". Mafia is my father.
Sleepless Assassin
Sleepless Assassin
Mafia Scum
Sleepless Assassin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #343 (ISO) » Mon Nov 29, 2010 5:04 am

Post by Sleepless Assassin »

Kitoari, looking at your town list, I'm curious who you think is scum, other than Chess.

Frozen,
Weapons wrote:Vote: Rule 9a because I can.
Weapons wrote:Wait, I have a better idea.

unvote, vote: mafia
Weapons wrote:unvote, vote: Rain for using legitimate reasoning.
Weapons wrote:Yeah, Helghast is probably scum. Textbook call to action play.

But, unvote, vote: Night
These were his first four votes. If you can tell me that you don't think these are ALL joke votes, I can't help you. If your case was "staying in the RVS too long", I'd probably facepalm, but at least you'd be more accurate as far as his action. I can't even understand how that can be intererperated as a serious vote. How many joke votes can a person have before one is labeled "serious" whether that is the intent or not?

Also,
Frozen wrote:This game is a prime example of why Power-role rich games are so stagnant. Everyone is too busy lurking trying to not draw attention thanks to their Awesome Role ™ thinking they are a precious and unique snowflake. When most likely most everyone has a role the importance of your individual role is that much greatly diminished.
Huh? First of all, I don't understand the purpose of lurking as a power role. Hell, I don't understand a benefit for ANY role to lurk strategically. But that's not my issue here.

My issue with this is the fact that you've been attacking lurkers this whole game, yet your stance seems to be that people are lurking because they have an "Awesome Role".
Looks like someone wants our strongest power roles lynched.
3-2 as scum and 5-8 as town

Www.escapeintothemixradio.com/EMRchatroom.html come say hi
FrozenMirror
FrozenMirror
Townie
FrozenMirror
Townie
Townie

Post Post #344 (ISO) » Mon Nov 29, 2010 6:32 am

Post by FrozenMirror »

Helghast @ 314
– I say you’ve stopped scum-hunting because you have. Look at your own ISO and show me where you’ve been hunting scum. You gave said ‘explanation’ and have not developed it one iota. You have simply been sitting around complaining about the length of the Day and answering questions.

And for the record – Chesskid has always been (and I expect probably will continue to be in the short term) a VI.

Feysal @ 318
– That’s an excellent catch on Chesskid’s behavior regarding Yawning at a case when scum.

Chesskid @319
– You do know this post completely undermines any belief this me has that your behavior here in the face of your lynch is anything but a Null tell.

Chess @327
– Why wouldn’t you have said that as Mafia in an attempt to look Town?

Gandalf @ 329
– First Jester speculation sighting that I recall – any Vigs or other killing roles should direct their attention Gandalf’s way.

Sleepless Ass @343
– Your argument that the 4th vote is clearly a Joke I disagree with. If you can’t understand how there is a conflict between voting for Night yet directly calling a player scum in the same post I don’t know what I can do to help you.

I also got loads of laughs from your horribad logic that I’m wanting to ‘lynch our strongest power roles’. Funny.

1. Can you provide back-up for your incorrect assertion that I’ve been attacking lurkers all game? Our vote and attention has been on WMC. Are you saying he’s a lurker? Are you sayin asking for Prods on non-posters qualifies as ‘attacking lurkers’? Do you believe active lurkers like Helghast aren’t more likely to be scum than regular lurkers?
2. If we are calling out the MAJORITY of the game for lurking we certainly are attempting to target the strongest PRs :roll:
3. Yes, I understand fully that you are using pointless sarcasm here. Yet it’s a stupid argument so it deserves attention.

@Dana, WMC and anyone else infatuated with Town tells
– Chesskid’s 319 is a perfect example of why I don’t believe behavioral town tells exist. Chess here has articulated that he’s cognizant of what may considered a behavioral Town tell and as Scum has gone out of the way to use them.

I hate quoting as it leads to eye-bleeding Walls of Stripes but in this case I’ll make an exception –
danakillsu wrote:Exactly. Scum make scum-tells because they are scum and can't help it. They can't perfectly emulate town play. And in EXACTLY the same way, town players, no matter how bad they are, make town-tells because they are town and can't help it. They can't perfectly emulate scum play, even if they're horrible. Therefore, if there are scum-tells, there are town-tells. You have the logic to figure this out, and the fact that you are still adamantly saying there are no town-tells, and not proving that you have already believed this prior to this game, I believe that you are scum.
Quite honestly I don't think you are approaching this in a logical manner. Town (aside from gambitting) doen’t try to emulate scum play. Period.

A Town player’s goal is to find and lynch scum. As such they try (with obviously varying degrees of success based on the skill of the player) to play in a Pro-Town manner.

A Scum player’s goal is to kill off enough Town and survive till victory. As such they try to play in a manner that looks as Pro-Town as possible (again, with varying degrees of success).

Both sets of players are aiming to give off Town tells. Thus those are Null. Chesskid proved that even a VI can be aware of this fact and attempt to exploit it. Thus I don’t ascribe any weight to Town tells.

Scum are more likely to give off scum tells as a function of their inherent conflicts I already outlined, all things being equal.

Thus I believe that looking for scum-tells is the most effective way to hunt scum.

But once again we’ve pushed the theoretical on this discussion and you haven’t answered my question – how does my approach to Mafia theory regarding lack of useful Town tells qualify as something more likely to come from scum than from town?
danakillsu
danakillsu
Mafia Scum
danakillsu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #345 (ISO) » Mon Nov 29, 2010 7:50 am

Post by danakillsu »

But once again we’ve pushed the theoretical on this discussion and you haven’t answered my question – how does my approach to Mafia theory regarding lack of useful Town tells qualify as something more likely to come from scum than from town?
I have answered this twice and will not do so again. Moar FM votes plz.
FrozenMirror
FrozenMirror
Townie
FrozenMirror
Townie
Townie

Post Post #346 (ISO) » Mon Nov 29, 2010 7:55 am

Post by FrozenMirror »

No, you haven't answered it at all other than to give a specific scenario where you believe scum would do so. You've never addressed how it is more likely than not to come from scum.

Still waiting to see that.
Tasky
Tasky
Mafia Scum
Tasky
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #347 (ISO) » Mon Nov 29, 2010 8:05 am

Post by Tasky »

CLAIM: LYNCHER
. LYNCH CHESSKID, I'VE GOT INSIDE INFORMATION THAT HE IS SCUM.
Show
Currently modding:
Newbie 1133

Coming soon:
Red Herring Mafia
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #348 (ISO) » Mon Nov 29, 2010 8:05 am

Post by chesskid3 »

Tasky wrote:
CLAIM: LYNCHER
. LYNCH CHESSKID, I'VE GOT INSIDE INFORMATION THAT HE IS SCUM.
ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha sounds legit amirite?
FrozenMirror
FrozenMirror
Townie
FrozenMirror
Townie
Townie

Post Post #349 (ISO) » Mon Nov 29, 2010 8:08 am

Post by FrozenMirror »

Half of me wants to self-congratulate for calling it from Tasky's ISO.

The other half of me thinks the claim of inside information is bullshit as lynchers are very rarely told the alignment of their target unless they are Town.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”