Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1175 (ISO) » Fri Nov 26, 2010 8:33 am

Post by Zachrulez »

Well see, my position is that DH is guaranteed not to flip town... and I'm not necessarily believing the SK claim, we haven't had multiple kills all game and in fact didn't even have a kill one night, (that's got to be a mathematical unlikelihood.) and the only other reason to really believe it is the kill flavor, which we may or may not be putting too much stock into.
hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #1176 (ISO) » Fri Nov 26, 2010 8:35 am

Post by hitogoroshi »

Hmm. Let's look through Volkan's posts (probably his first of day posts) and see if we can find a crumbed jailkeep result.
"Don’t buy a dozen eggs if you just want a hardboiled egg. Don’t buy a head of lettuce if you just want a salad. Don’t buy eggs and lettuce if you want egg salad because those are not the right ingredients." -Julius Bloop
Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #1177 (ISO) » Fri Nov 26, 2010 8:36 am

Post by Untrod Tripod »

by my recollection, you win this game by getting rid of everyone who doesn't have a town wincon. DH is claimed SK.

does the town want any chance of winning this game at all? Yes? Why is DH still alive? We have 100% chance of hitting antitown right now with a DH lynch, and I say we take it. Once the dust settles after the night, we can figure out who to lynch. I think there's too many variables and unknowns with a living SK. Uncertainty favors scum. Your reticence to lynch anti-town players is noted, hito.

vote DH
Reckamonic
Reckamonic
Goon
Reckamonic
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1178 (ISO) » Fri Nov 26, 2010 8:42 am

Post by Reckamonic »

Assuming we flip town, town loses.

Assuming we flip scum and have no buddy, tomorrow will be 1-3 and town will win. However, that works as well with offing DH first.

Assuming we flip scum and I have a buddy, night will be 1-1-3. DH will shoot Myko of course, so 1-1-2 at best. If a NL happens scum will just shoot and give DH the win. Town loses

Again, I don't know where Myko got that lynching us over DH is good for town, but it's not.
._.
meeeeeeep?
hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #1179 (ISO) » Fri Nov 26, 2010 8:55 am

Post by hitogoroshi »

UT wrote:Your reticence to lynch anti-town players is noted, hito.
Why not aim this at Myko as well? Oh that's right, because
he's confirmed town.
Maybe when the confirmed townie is doing something you should seriously think about it instead of just blindly attacking the non-confirmed players following him?

Here is the thing you guys are missing. We have to pick potential scum at some point. Savvy? You can pick now, when confirmed townie is telling you who to pick, or you can pick later, when the confirmed townie is dead. Why exactly does everyone prefer the later? UT, what exactly do you anticipate happening when "the dust settles" besides sitting in the exact same spot sans confirmed townie? If you mentioned no-lynching and a reason why you think we could hit 1-0-2 I'd listen, but you're not saying that, which suggests to me you're simply not thinking at all.
"Don’t buy a dozen eggs if you just want a hardboiled egg. Don’t buy a head of lettuce if you just want a salad. Don’t buy eggs and lettuce if you want egg salad because those are not the right ingredients." -Julius Bloop
dramonic
dramonic
Survivor
dramonic
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1180 (ISO) » Fri Nov 26, 2010 9:03 am

Post by dramonic »

Hito, the confirm town has voiced his opinion quite clearly, it's not like you're going to ignore it comes tomorrow. If we're gonna lose, we (me/reck, maybe not the town in general) prefer it be to scum who played okay than to SK who outed himself when he could still pull off a clean win by shutting up.
I'm a hoot
Stream: twitch.tv/dramonic
-If you stick your ear close enough to the game thread you can actually hear dram suffer in real life.-Beeboy
-Being obtuse is not a consequence of being a mod, it's a prerequisite. I think you may just have overestimated my intelligence before.-Korts
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #1181 (ISO) » Fri Nov 26, 2010 9:18 am

Post by mykonian »

Reckamonic wrote:Assuming we flip scum and have no buddy, tomorrow will be 1-3 and town will win. However, that works as well with offing DH first.
and then people think you are town... BAM town loss. I can influence the game now, and I will.

One of the townies plays on automatisms. That player should review his tactics, as they are too easily abusable. (and I will next time, when I'm scum)
dramonic wrote:Hito, the confirm town has voiced his opinion quite clearly, it's not like you're going to ignore it comes tomorrow. If we're gonna lose, we (me/reck, maybe not the town in general) prefer it be to scum who played okay than to SK who outed himself when he could still pull off a clean win by shutting up.
I don't think you should win :) So, then we both know each others points, can we now please lynch Reckamonic? (seriously, if you are with 2, just nokill and pick up the easy stupid win. I don't see the problem dram. 90% you are going to win unless the town explicitly chooses to win the game for town. I know my theory, it is the thing I'm best at.)

Get lynched.
Surrender, imagine and of course wear something nice.
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1182 (ISO) » Fri Nov 26, 2010 9:31 am

Post by Zachrulez »

hitogoroshi wrote:
he's confirmed town.
Maybe when the confirmed townie is doing something you should seriously think about it instead of just blindly attacking the non-confirmed players following him?

Here is the thing you guys are missing. We have to pick potential scum at some point. Savvy? You can pick now, when confirmed townie is telling you who to pick, or you can pick later, when the confirmed townie is dead. Why exactly does everyone prefer the later? UT, what exactly do you anticipate happening when "the dust settles" besides sitting in the exact same spot sans confirmed townie? If you mentioned no-lynching and a reason why you think we could hit 1-0-2 I'd listen, but you're not saying that, which suggests to me you're simply not thinking at all.
Are you as locked into lynching Reckamonic as Mykonian is?
Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #1183 (ISO) » Fri Nov 26, 2010 9:35 am

Post by Untrod Tripod »

hitogoroshi wrote:
he's confirmed town.
Being confirmed town doesn't guarantee him infallibility. The fact that he is saying something doesn't mean that he's necessarily right. Reck has been on my scumdar for a while (as have you), but
I would rather pick a claimed anti-town player for a lynch than have a decent chance of hitting town.

Here is the thing you guys are missing. We have to pick potential scum at some point. Savvy?
Duh.
You can pick now, when confirmed townie is telling you who to pick
Him being wrong has nothing to do with his alignment, confirmed or not.
or you can pick later, when the confirmed townie is dead.
and we have more information and no living 3rd party players.
Why exactly does everyone prefer the later?
Less chance to fuck it up. Fewer variables. Scum thrives on uncertainty.
UT, what exactly do you anticipate happening when "the dust settles" besides sitting in the exact same spot sans confirmed townie?
We pick a scum lynch based on PoE.
If you mentioned no-lynching and a reason why you think we could hit 1-0-2 I'd listen, but you're not saying that, which suggests to me you're simply not thinking at all.
I don't have to restate everything that other people have said. The fact that you're trying to weasel the town out of a lynch of a 100% chance lynch of an anti-town player suggests to ME that your wincon is not with the town.
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #1184 (ISO) » Fri Nov 26, 2010 9:52 am

Post by mykonian »

really UT, either you are scum or you are disagreeing for the point of disagreeing. Stop holding the town up because you are hardcore defending Reck here. Do something positive in stead of filling up my mind with an unreadable quote-post.
hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #1185 (ISO) » Fri Nov 26, 2010 10:05 am

Post by hitogoroshi »

and we have more information and no living 3rd party players.
what more information
hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #1186 (ISO) » Sat Nov 27, 2010 1:34 am

Post by hitogoroshi »

Oh, I missed this:
Zachrulez wrote:
hitogoroshi wrote:
he's confirmed town.

Are you as locked into lynching Reckamonic as Mykonian is?
I'm not locked in to Reckamonic, exactly. What it is is that I refuse to defer the problem lynch until tomorrow just because "let's lynch sk NAO NAO NAO". We have myko here now. I'm open to the idea that he could be wrong, but he's confirmed town. As such, if there's someone else we think is
more likely scum
, I'm very keen to have that discussion with myko here. But I'm not going to indulge in the "lynching is easier than thinking" wagon on DH. We're picking scum now.
Reckamonic
Reckamonic
Goon
Reckamonic
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1187 (ISO) » Sat Nov 27, 2010 6:21 am

Post by Reckamonic »

we're also less likely to find the scum now than later.

It's not because you're calling us that we don't want to lynch the scum first, it's because there's no tangible benefit, while lynching the SK is very tangible.
._.
meeeeeeep?
hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #1188 (ISO) » Sat Nov 27, 2010 6:28 am

Post by hitogoroshi »

we're also less likely to find the scum now than later.
I disagree with this. How the hell will it be easier to hunt for scum with a confirmed townie dead?
Reckamonic
Reckamonic
Goon
Reckamonic
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1189 (ISO) » Sat Nov 27, 2010 6:32 am

Post by Reckamonic »

SK could still hit a scum overnight.
._.
meeeeeeep?
hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #1190 (ISO) » Sat Nov 27, 2010 6:36 am

Post by hitogoroshi »

Or he could instead kill a townie which is strictly better for him regardless of what scum do.
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #1191 (ISO) » Sat Nov 27, 2010 8:13 am

Post by mykonian »

Guys, you are aware that you need mafia to get an SK lynch, right?

and that mafia wants to lynch the SK, so they are trying in some way to make that lynch work.

or am I the only one?

Either way, I don't care that much, but the time I'm here I could use to get into a fun game.
DemonHybrid
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
And Another Thing...
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #1192 (ISO) » Sat Nov 27, 2010 9:34 am

Post by DemonHybrid »

You know, I thought about things a bit longer and I decided not to kill mykonian if we lynch mafia today. This should give you guys the motivation to help me out, plus I like his outlook on the game and can use his confirmed town status. If he dies and shows up as brutally murdered, you guys can lynch me. Deal?
This account is no longer being used.

You want this one.
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #1193 (ISO) » Sat Nov 27, 2010 11:32 am

Post by mykonian »

another day?
do you know what you are asking of me?

DEAL
Reckamonic
Reckamonic
Goon
Reckamonic
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1194 (ISO) » Sat Nov 27, 2010 12:57 pm

Post by Reckamonic »

mykonian wrote:Guys, you are aware that you need mafia to get an SK lynch, right?

and that mafia wants to lynch the SK, so they are trying in some way to make that lynch work.

or am I the only one?
Theoretically, mafia could be Hito, so that's some nice BS right there.

Also, you're already helping DH Myko,. I very much doubt you were the one DH was talking to.

Love how you agree to further a CLAIMED ANTI-TOWN player's goals. You may be confirmed, but you're a plague.
._.
meeeeeeep?
DemonHybrid
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
And Another Thing...
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #1195 (ISO) » Sat Nov 27, 2010 1:18 pm

Post by DemonHybrid »

Reckamonic wrote:
mykonian wrote:Guys, you are aware that you need mafia to get an SK lynch, right?

or am I the only one?
Theoretically, mafia could be Hito, so that's some nice BS right there.

Also, you're already helping DH Myko,. I very much doubt you were the one DH was talking to.

Love how you agree to further a CLAIMED ANTI-TOWN player's goals. You may be confirmed, but you're a plague.
Reck, I don't see the problem. I'm giving you guys a chance here in return for a chance for me. Isn't that what you wanted? A chance for town to win?

Oh right. Its cause you want me dead, because you're mafia.

Lynch reck and mykonian lives by my choice. If he is brutally murdered, lynch me the next day. So very simple of a premise.

You want this one.
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1196 (ISO) » Sat Nov 27, 2010 1:28 pm

Post by Zachrulez »

Eh... fuck it

Unvote: Vote: Reckamonic

Just so we're clear, if there's a tomorrow, I have every intention of lynching DH.
DemonHybrid
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
And Another Thing...
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #1197 (ISO) » Sat Nov 27, 2010 2:08 pm

Post by DemonHybrid »

IF there is a scum dead in the morning, then sure. Otherwise, you still lose if it's 2 town vs me vs a mafia. Or unavoidable prisoner's dilemma.

At least now you guys have a fighting chance. Thanks for helping me out in return.

You want this one.
Skill006
Skill006
Goon
Skill006
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1198 (ISO) » Sat Nov 27, 2010 2:37 pm

Post by Skill006 »

Zachrulez wrote:(Which would win them the game depending on how the wincon is worded.)
The mafia win when they make up 50% of the players.
Sorry I didn't clear this up earlier.

Lynch stuff coming in a few moments.
Mini 1042 is on Day 4 now and doesn't need any replacements.
Skill006
Skill006
Goon
Skill006
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1199 (ISO) » Sat Nov 27, 2010 2:50 pm

Post by Skill006 »

Last Vote Count for Day 4:

DemonHybrid (2) – Reckamonic, Untrod Tripod
Reckamonic (4) – mykonian, DemonHybrid, hitogoroshi, Zachrulez

Deadline is Monday, Decemeber 6 10:00 pm CST.
With 6 alive, it takes 4 to lynch!

So, the town decided it was time to string up Reckamonic. Would that choice benefit them, or would it hurt them? Only his role could tell...

Reckamonic,
mafia goon
, has been lynched!

Deadline for night actions is Tuesday, November 30, 10:00 pm CST.
Mini 1042 is on Day 4 now and doesn't need any replacements.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”