Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #250 (ISO) » Sat Nov 27, 2010 1:17 pm

Post by Jack »

Hoopla wrote:
Jack wrote:Also, his excuses are crappy. Good job hoopla being right even though for the wrong reason.
Not wrong, just different.
Isn't the reason scum get more unique numbers because they go for high numbers more often? Shh, I'm vindicated.

Anyway, I have a great dislike for Guderians 231 which is what started me on that research, especially the push for claims on everyone. I'll think about that in context of his gandalf vote later.
Guderian
Guderian
Goon
Guderian
Goon
Goon

Post Post #251 (ISO) » Sat Nov 27, 2010 1:26 pm

Post by Guderian »

I hardly pushed for claims on everyone, only the four people with unique numbers, and if worst came to worst, sacrificing 2 town for 2 scum in a 17 town v 5 scum game is a fantastic ratio.

Of course, just nailing scum without claiming is better all round.
Where Confidence and Charisma Collide
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #252 (ISO) » Sat Nov 27, 2010 1:29 pm

Post by Hoopla »

Just Guderian and Gandalf should claim. We only have one noose for today. No point exposing anything more than we need to.
Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #253 (ISO) » Sat Nov 27, 2010 1:34 pm

Post by Jack »

1's and 2's from past games:

mafia b: (2,8)...
mafia a: (2,11)...
pyp2: (1,1)...
pyp3: (2,12)...

Scum has never not gone for 1 or 2. I think that fits with the pattern as well (scum picking a wide range). It's true that there were 8 town who went for 1 or 2 in that timeframe but I don't think it's relevant--because the scum pattern should exist independently of what the town happens to pick. So Guderian and
Guderian
vollkan are suspect this game.

So it isn't "people with unique numbers" that are suspicious, it's "people with 1-2 or 10-15".
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #254 (ISO) » Sat Nov 27, 2010 1:44 pm

Post by Hoopla »

I like your style Jack. Odds of Guderian
and
Gandalf being scum?
Guderian
Guderian
Goon
Guderian
Goon
Goon

Post Post #255 (ISO) » Sat Nov 27, 2010 1:47 pm

Post by Guderian »

also of note, considering we are on this numerological path:

pyp2: (1,1), (3,7), (6,4), (7,2), (12,1)

pyp3: (2,12), (4,8), (5,4), (12,3), (13,7)

note the number of times the scum pick and x number not followed by a 1. it happens 8/10 times for the last two games. 80%. It would seem that not picking a one in the y value is an attempt to take suspicion away from the scum.

preview: hoopla, 0%.
Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #256 (ISO) » Sat Nov 27, 2010 1:48 pm

Post by Jack »

Odds are...Gud.
Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #257 (ISO) » Sat Nov 27, 2010 1:53 pm

Post by Jack »

2 scum out of 10 and 8 townies out of 34?

20%
8/34 = 23.5%

Not significant. This just seems like a point you made up because you yourself picked 1.

I distinctly remember picking (7,2) instead of seven one because we agreed that while picking 1 was the correct play doing it was a scumtell because scum were more likely to have realized that through discussion. But where did
you
get the idea that scum would avoid it? Probably from the scum qt.

Very Gud.
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #258 (ISO) » Sat Nov 27, 2010 2:00 pm

Post by Parama »

I see several people who say they feel I'm scum, and none of them are voting me.
This is gonna be a fun game :>
Show
Ever wanted a playlist full of a lot of music I really dig? Here you go.

RateYourMusic page because song contests are like the only reason I'm still here.

GET TO KNOW ME

I basically post like I'm always on twitter, ignore my spamminess.
Guderian
Guderian
Goon
Guderian
Goon
Goon

Post Post #259 (ISO) » Sat Nov 27, 2010 2:02 pm

Post by Guderian »

Does having a brain count, or is that privilege only reserved for a select few?

Its not like town and scum couldn't come to that same conclusion.

This game has 10/22 people picking one as y, just a shade under 50%, which is where the analysis of one came from.
chkflip
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
chkflip
Stand Up Guy
Stand Up Guy

Post Post #260 (ISO) » Sat Nov 27, 2010 2:06 pm

Post by chkflip »

@Parama:
- Yeah, I have just kind of been HERE because I haven't contributed jack. Game started when I was out of town and, if you missed it, I just said I'm sick. I don't want to v/la out, and I won't, just expect my post count and relevene to shoot through the roof when my head stops burning up.
"Fuck you. I opened up my heart to you and you stabbed it a thousand times." - Gamma, to me, right before confessing to being the town vig and murdering my scum partner N1.
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #261 (ISO) » Sat Nov 27, 2010 2:10 pm

Post by Parama »

chkflip wrote:@Parama:
- Yeah, I have just kind of been HERE because I haven't contributed jack. Game started when I was out of town and, if you missed it, I just said I'm sick. I don't want to v/la out, and I won't, just expect my post count and relevene to shoot through the roof when my head stops burning up.
Cool. I will give you town points if you follow through on this and don't make a mockery of it.
Show

RateYourMusic page because song contests are like the only reason I'm still here.

GET TO KNOW ME

LlamaFluff
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #262 (ISO) » Sat Nov 27, 2010 2:27 pm

Post by LlamaFluff »

Parama wrote:I see several people who say they feel I'm scum, and none of them are voting me.
This is gonna be a fun game :>
Meh, most of your secondary reads look good but your vote is in the wrong spot. Ben is still scum. The number thing is a little confusing to me since I see it, but I dont think we should base a D1 lynch on it.

I could easily see gandalf being the "lurker" part of my scum list though, and if it came down to him or Guard it would be no contest where my vote would be. The loud one I have an idea but I want to see them dig themselves a bit of a hole before biting.
Co-host of The USL Show
GeoGuessr: USL Pony
Fall Guys: Scary Hopping Bonkus
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #263 (ISO) » Sat Nov 27, 2010 2:34 pm

Post by SpyreX »

Official Vote Count

Players needed to lynch: 12

Benmage
- 2 - PranaDevil, llamafluff - (L-10)
gandalf5166
- 3 - Hoopla, Benmage, Jack, Guderian - (L-8)
Guderian
- 6 - Fate, Drippinggoofball, Parama, inHimshallibe, Ellibereth, Pomegranate - (L-6)
Jack
- 1 - Andrius - (L-11)
llamafluff
- 1 - xvart - (L-11)
slowsilver
- 1 - Le Cupcake - (L-11)
xvart
- 5 - iamausername, Sajin, Volkan, slowsilver, Rabies - (L-7)

Players not voting: chkflip, gandalf5166,

Sooo many pages. <3
Last edited by SpyreX on Sat Nov 27, 2010 2:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
Guderian
Guderian
Goon
Guderian
Goon
Goon

Post Post #264 (ISO) » Sat Nov 27, 2010 2:37 pm

Post by Guderian »

alert, i voted gandalf.
vollkan
vollkan
The Interrogator
vollkan
The Interrogator
The Interrogator

Post Post #265 (ISO) » Sat Nov 27, 2010 4:24 pm

Post by vollkan »

llamafluff wrote: Do you want game threads or MD threads? Multiple of both exist. Especially for the vig hate. I even adhere to the like for vanilla games to an extent as a mod, you were in that last mountainous-esq theme I ran
1 town game, and 1 md please.

And I accept your point that Popularity Mafia is relevant here, but I don't think the fact that you chose a setup is clear evidence of a broader attitude.

Rabies wrote:
xvart wrote:
LlamaFluff, 45 wrote:2 I just chose two numbers around the midway point, got around the area in the draft I wanted actually
You
wanted
to be towards the bottom?

UNVOTE:
VOTE: llama

xvart.
hahahahahahahahaha

You're scum

VOTE: xvart
If you're so sure he is scum, why not put in an explanation that would convince other people of it?
Hoopla wrote: The Xvart wagon is really dumb, mostly because I can't figure out why so many people think he's scummy. Someone post a succinct analysis/summary of why xvart is being wagoned, because I would really like to know. I'm obviously opposed to his lynch (today) due to him not being a unique number, but I doubt the case against him has any substance.
=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtop ... 3#p2640883

Note that I've retracted the +5, since the role in question didn't exist

I would also say, and maybe I missed something in an earlier post of yours that explains this, but why does the fact that one player has a non-unique number make them less likely to be scum, as opposed to it simply being unlikely that they are scum with the person/s with whom they share the number?
Parama wrote:
Jack is scum

xvart is town
Ask and thou shall receive.
Please explain this one.

@Anybody:
Can somebody explain the Guderian-hate to me?

xvart wrote: Because he doesn't say anything at all in that post. Nothing of any sort of substance. It's just a fluff comment: "yes this is likely, yes
As opposed to?
xvart wrote: What business does SlowSilver have speculating on llama's internal motivations for wanting to be at the bottom of the list?
If you think a particular tell is invalid, there's normally no reason not to speak up.

Unless you think there is a good reason to wait and see how the other player responds.
Parama wrote: /self-explanatory
Yeah... so many things wrong here. You're not voting... anyone... yet you call for a bandwagon. On a stupid BM vote. For no reason.
I don't get what the scumtell here is.
Parama wrote:
Guderian wrote:parama, that's quite a list you've got there.
Passive as hell.
@Guderian: What was the point of saying "that's quite a list"?
Parama wrote:
Guderian wrote: If youre trying to get scum lynched, maybe you should vote yourself, instead of me? Just a thought.

How about a FATE case on you?

1. the second letter of your name is an a
2. the second letter of mafia is an a
3. YOUR SCUM SPAM SPAM SPAM
Wow. You're really serious here? And you're still not voting. The lack of a vote is quite damning. If you think someone is scum... you vote them.
How on earth do you make that attack based on what he said? He says a clearly stupid comment "Vote yourself instead of me" and then makes a joke case. And yet, you present it like it's hypocrisy?
Parama wrote: The fact that you changed your numbers is a scumtell in itself <____<
How?
Parama wrote: This is just being dumb, but also a huge distraction. This may be the worst logic I've ever seen.
He's a newb and approaching VI territory - not scummy.
Jack wrote: gandalf replaced in and thus didn't pick his numbers. So why is he saying "I don't know" when asked why he picked them?

unvote, vote:gandalf
*mental note to follow up if Gandalf doesn't answer*
LlamaFluff
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #266 (ISO) » Sat Nov 27, 2010 4:45 pm

Post by LlamaFluff »

vollkan wrote:
llamafluff wrote: Do you want game threads or MD threads? Multiple of both exist. Especially for the vig hate. I even adhere to the like for vanilla games to an extent as a mod, you were in that last mountainous-esq theme I ran
1 town game, and 1 md please.
Most recent game I have some PR hate commentary in (was a mountainous one)

LOT more MD ones though with recent things, this one is probably the best since it was about three months ago and even refrences a game where I talked about the same stuff

If I had the ability between getting any known role or getting VT to take a role away from scum, I would be VT every game. I hate getting roles that much. They damage my play almost on the level of hostility in the thread.
Co-host of The USL Show
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #267 (ISO) » Sat Nov 27, 2010 4:53 pm

Post by Parama »

vollkan - I'm assuming you mean xvart town? You put two reads there and then asked me to post one.
Show

GET TO KNOW ME

Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #268 (ISO) » Sat Nov 27, 2010 5:00 pm

Post by Parama »

xvart ISO #0 seems incredibly unstressed - in that the tone comes off as though
1. he doesn't care what others think of him
2. he's not trying to avoid attention
3. he's trying to play a social game
The first 2 are generally towntells, and the 3rd tends to give me town vibes as well.
xvart wrote:
LlamaFluff, 45 wrote:2 I just chose two numbers around the midway point, got around the area in the draft I wanted actually
You
wanted
to be towards the bottom?

UNVOTE:
VOTE: llama
xvart wrote:
iamausername, 60 wrote:What makes that worthy of a vote?
Well... the game is called Pick you Power. The novelty of this game is that you get to... wait for it... pick your power. Someone who signed up for pick your power and
wanted
to be at the bottom of the list signed up for the wrong game. Either that, or has other motives; and by other motives I mean
scum
motives. Seriously, did anyone in this game want to be the last to pick their role?
While I don't agree with the logic, xvart sounds like he believes it here.

This is pretty much all the posting that came before my town read (the last quote is after but is logic backing up the first, thus worth noting). If I posted any more on the matter, it would be lying. And I don't care to waste time writing up walls on town reads, so I'm stopping here.
I will admit it's not one of my stronger town reads in light of recent xvart posts but I still stand by it.
Show

GET TO KNOW ME

Fate
Fate
:HAPPY:
Fate

Post Post #269 (ISO) » Sat Nov 27, 2010 5:01 pm

Post by Fate »

PranaDevil wrote:Fate, the one time I need you to back me up, on a stupid statement from Ben no less, you turn all failed comedian on me. And here I thought we were just starting to see on the same page :(.
I can't encourage your madness. If I had to take a stance as if this were a mafia game and I were town, I would say you are right and your delusions are in the wrong when it comes to MD Theory this game.
LlamaFluff wrote: Ben needs lynching Uncle Fate, just join the wagon already. We can all be wrong at times, its just about how quickly we can remedy it. Here is your chance.
Wrong ABOUT WHAT? THE HELL ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT? STOP ENABLING HIS MADNESS!?!?

If I NEED to hammer a hallucination to get you all to SNAP OUT OF IT then I will. But I'm not gonna waste my vote by letting it sit in no-man's land.
Fate is absurdly beautiful. 運命に弄ばれる
"Fate you keep alternating between narratives of doing it for fun and doing it for the sake of winning"
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #270 (ISO) » Sat Nov 27, 2010 5:15 pm

Post by Fate »

Guderian wrote:also of note, considering we are on this numerological path:

pyp2: (1,1), (3,7), (6,4), (7,2), (12,1)

pyp3: (2,12), (4,8), (5,4), (12,3), (13,7)

note the number of times the scum pick and x number not followed by a 1. it happens 8/10 times for the last two games. 80%. It would seem that not picking a one in the y value is an attempt to take suspicion away from the scum.

preview: hoopla, 0%.
HOLY SHIT.

DOES THIS POST NOT REEK: "Hey look I discussed Y numbers and how we should pick them in mah SCUM QT" TO YOU?

AND THEN THERES GANDALF WITH HIS IDK AND HIS REPLACING IN AND HIS JACK ON HIM.

YEAH THEY ARE BOTH SCUM.
"Fate you keep alternating between narratives of doing it for fun and doing it for the sake of winning"
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #271 (ISO) » Sat Nov 27, 2010 5:16 pm

Post by Fate »

LlamaFluff wrote: The loud one I have an idea but I want to see them dig themselves a bit of a hole before biting.
Do I get to be the loud one? That spot better be reserved for me!

<3
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #272 (ISO) » Sat Nov 27, 2010 5:19 pm

Post by Fate »

Anyway back to lynching scum:

Everyone's defense of him is N00B or VI, but this PYP-Virgin comes in, understands how the draft works
so freakin well
he does game theory, aces it-wait no he CHANGES his numbers first-then wins the draft.

And THEN, he speculates on WHAT Y NUMBERS SCUM WOULD PICK? I mean, how often did that even COME up in the other games? Maybe halfway through D1 of PYPIII? There's NO WAY he thought of it without scum QT promptings.

Because we ALL know the scum qt had a post or 6 about:
"And what about Y numbers. Should we all back , 1, or blend in and pick ???? Y numbers and say we didn't know how shit worked or whatever?"
LlamaFluff
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #273 (ISO) » Sat Nov 27, 2010 5:51 pm

Post by LlamaFluff »

Fate wrote:
LlamaFluff wrote: The loud one I have an idea but I want to see them dig themselves a bit of a hole before biting.
Do I get to be the loud one? That spot better be reserved for me!

<3
There are many types of loud/dominant players. This may or may not be you in this case.

I agree to disagree with you about Guider. I would be fine with a Gandalf lynch, but Ben needs a rapid death, so does inhim. That magic trio I put my stamp of approval of having at least two scum in.
Co-host of The USL Show
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #274 (ISO) » Sat Nov 27, 2010 5:52 pm

Post by Fate »

But I'm #1 right?

Can't you just refer to him as "the active one" so I don't feel like my spotlight is being taken?

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”