Zachtown in the mountains (Game over TOWN WINS!)

jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #850 (ISO) » Thu Nov 25, 2010 6:39 am

Post by jasonT1981 »

I don't think Lurking is a scumtell.. I see town and scum do this all the time... sometimes people get accussed of 'lurking' and hey aint even been on the site.

Not liking this
Furcolow wrote:
KaleiÐoscøpe wrote:yeah, but unless you have statistics, lurking is not a scumtell.

Still want to see Percy lynched here.
are you willing to put your neck on the line for a percy lynch?
not really liking the above... something doesnt sit right with it
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #851 (ISO) » Thu Nov 25, 2010 7:07 am

Post by Zachrulez »

8th Vote Count of D2 P1

Baby Spice - 5 (Sotty7, Thor665, JasonT1981, Benmage, I Am Innocent)
Lrdwhyt - 4 (Locke Lamora, Elmo, Baby Spice, Mina)
Percy - 1 (KaleiÐoscøpe)
Elmo - 1 (Lrdwhyt)
KaleiÐoscøpe - 1 (Furcolow)

Not Voting: (Percy)

If I made any mistakes please politely point them out and I will correct them.

Deadline for Day 2 is Monday, December 6 at 8am CST

With 13 alive it's 7 to lynch.
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #852 (ISO) » Thu Nov 25, 2010 7:15 am

Post by Zachrulez »

Lrdwhyt has requested replacement.
Mina
Mina
The Shipwright
Mina
The Shipwright
The Shipwright

Post Post #853 (ISO) » Thu Nov 25, 2010 7:47 am

Post by Mina »

EBWOPreview: Interesting. Damn, I wish I hadn't put off asking Lrdwhyt to substantiate his one-liner reads in his wishy-washy catch-up posts.

=================================

Poor Percy can't catch a break. If Baby Spice flips town, that will make him look like scum. If Baby Spice flips scum, that will make him look like scum. That said, considering he's such a polarizing force, and several people are waiting on him for the lynch, it'd be nice if he got in here and answered all the outstanding questions to him.

Lots I need to catch up with. Sotty first.

WARNING: INCOMING WALL POST.

I'll be completely honest; being linked to a leading wagon
before
a flip makes me feel self-conscious of my reads, particularly since I've steadfastly defended scum more than a few times. Even as I'm writing this, I'll admit there's a voice in my head going, "Oh, shit, if she flips scum, you'll look even
more
like her buddy." Can't people...um, just magically see into my pure innocent heart and let me post whatever wishy-washy contradictory thoughts come into my mind without lynching me for it? :P
Sotty7 wrote:Mina, after reading post 812 I was ready to fall in mafia love with you. But you ruin a good thing with post 813. Broke my heart...
Mina Post 813 wrote:@Sotty: My reason was that Baby Spice put the third vote on LrdWhyt I
suppose
I could concoct a conspiracy theory in which she was bussing LrdWhyt and preemptively setting one of us up as his buddy, but it just looked really weird and convoluted for a scum gambit. I wouldn't die of shock if she flipped guilty, and I kind of see Locke's point that setting contingencies based on the lynch is scummy (it's so much fun as scum to link your partner to every group suspect in existence). But meh. I guess I'm not really feeling it. She doesn't seem to be opportunistically tailoring her opinions to suit the masses.
Okay, fair enough if you're “not feeling” Baby as scum but reading this little block of text I see no reason for you to be fighting the Baby wagon like you are. You are actively derailing a wagon on a player who you admittedly have at least a slight scum read on. Why exactly?
I was really surprised that you accused me of fighting so hard to derail Baby Spice's lynch throughout this post, since I don't remember defending her so much as whining that I'm not ready for Phase One to end and yelling at the people who are playing stupid games with their votes...but looking back, I do use lots of exclamation marks and capital letters.

Hmm. Maybe some of my vehemence is a visceral backlash to the formation of the wagon and its diversion from Lrdwhyt.

I got all excited on Sunday when I saw Benmage's attack on Lrdwhyt. "Awesome," I thought. "Now I remember how Benmage made me fall in love with him in
ACoK
even after driving me crazy over the first couple of days. My Elmo vote caught a lamb to the slaughter." I was also starting to feel better about Baby Spice, because she didn't seem clever enough to fake a "trap" as scum.

I was getting ready to pressure Lrdwhyt a bit, since I'd never really addressed his most recent posts or explained what bugged me about his wishy-washy reads. Also, this is another reason I forgot to mention in 813, but I was in the middle of writing a great, dramatically-charged attack on Furcolow. I mean...he sheeped my Elmo vote,
and then voted Lrdwhyt
for sheeping it as well. I had plans, dammit,
plans
! And then out of nowhere, several people went, "I think Baby Spice is town, but I'm voting for her anyway." "Yeah, I agree. *votes*" "I'm putting Baby Spice at L-1 just because it what's the cool kids are doing!" "Hey, everyone, day's over, hammer THIS SECOND!"

To be honest, when everyone gangs up on an easy target without little thought, my white knight instincts kick in. So maybe I overreacted a bit.

=========================================================
I understand the Benmage thing.
I understand the furc thing.
I understand the IAI thing.

But in a mountainous game like this, where we get two lynches a day, you shouldn't be fighting a lynch as hard as you are unless you are convinced that player is town. Clearly you aren't convinced about Baby.
Okay, most of your points in this post are fair, but I
really
hated this. The implication that it's townish to just go with the flow and not voice your own opinions bothers me.

Apparently, instead of voting for Lrdwhyt, who I suspect more than Baby Spice, the correct town play is to say, "Hey, Baby Spice has a non-zero chance of flipping scum, so hammer away!" Do you just find this scummy because you think Baby Spice is scum (although to be honest, I think if you're looking for BS's partner, it's more likely to be someone like Furcolow, who barely mentions her but then puts her to L-1
after
someone else promises to do it)? Or would you find it scummy for anyone who isn't convinced that X is town to ask, "Hey, why are you voting for X, instead of Y who both you and I suspect more?

Why don't you apply this to any player who doesn't vote for a leading bandwagon they don't have a town read on? Hey, Locke suspects Baby Spice, but he's voting Lrdwhyt! Why isn't he sitting back and letting Baby Spice be lynched?

What you're saying is town is MORE LIKELY than scum to make a lazy bandwagon vote--
just
because the set-up is more forgiving than usual on town. That's just giving people a cover to make compromise votes on players they don't suspect.

Yes, I'll agree that town can afford to play more loosely than in a one-lynch-per-day game. But that doesn't make it a scum mindset to be cautious. Somehow, it seems too easy for the scum to all be the weak players (so I have the sneaking suspicion that two out of three of BS, LW, and Furc aren't guilty).

I prefer playing on my own terms. I will vote for Baby Spice when I'm confident that she's more likely to be scum than another potential lynch, or when the alternative is a lynch I disagree with (like I did on Day One). But I didn't feel ready for Phase One to end at the point where people were calling for a hammer.

=================================================================
It's like you want it all ways possible.

Baby looks scummy
People on her wagon are scummy
People off her wagon are scummy.

Seriously? Pick a side. Unless you have a legit case as to why we
shouldn't
lynch Baby today then you shouldn't be trying to derail this as hard as you are.
If I wasn't leaning town on you from before, I'd OMGUS you and accuse you of misrepping me. Please show just where:

1) I'm trying to derail this very hard. (Meh...I
did
ask Benmage to unvote.)
2) I said that people off her wagon are scummy because they're off their wagon.

I think saying that I'm trying to have it all ways just because I'm ambivalent on Baby Spice is really unfair.

Maybe for self-preservation's sake, I should pretend to be either super-suspicious of Baby Spice or utterly convinced she's town. But I'm sorry. I'm just kind of lukewarm on her. You say that your experience has taught you how to sense when things feel off. Well, my experience has taught me that I should not trust my own ability to read players like Baby Spice, because I consistently misread them (either as town when they're scum or scum when they're town). Occasionally she sounds sincere, but in all honesty, her posts just make my head hurt. Every time I think I've found a nugget of towniness there, she says something that makes me go, "But...but...didn't you just say that you thought...how does that make any...." There are players I have something concrete against, so the "side" I'm picking is to vote for them over her.

===============================================================
<snip>
2] I don't have any issue with furc's vote. It's how he is.

Benmage and IAI's votes do look suspect on face value. Both are voting for someone they believe is town out of spite. However, I still have a strong town read on IAI because I have seen scumIAI and this is totally different. He does earn a couple of scum points for the reasoning to his vote but not enough for me to abandon this read.

Benmage is town right now mostly because of Dry-Fit. How likely do you think that was a bus?

I resevere the right to change my mind, but this is where my head is at right now. Their votes a terribad, but Baby is probscum. I'll take it anyway I can get it.
My thoughts on Furcolow are below.

As for the other two...maybe I wasn't clear enough. Benmage and I Am Innocent are two of my strongest town reads. I'm more sure of them than I am of jason, actually.

That doesn't change the fact that their votes raise my blood pressure, and make me want to break things, because they--well, mostly just Benmage, after IAI's clarification--are voting for someone they think is
more likely to be a mislynch.
Just because he's so tunnel-visioned that he's deliberately going out of their way to screw the town over. It's terrible, terrible strategy. They should be trying to lynch Percy's buddy, not his top suspect. To make matters worse, Benmage has
he has a townread
on Baby Spice, for reasons outside of Percy's attack.
3] I thought you had experience playing with furc before? I wouldn't exactly be against a policy lynch of furc, but lets not pretend that it is scum hunting.
I need to tread carefully here. My only experience with Furcolow is in an ongoing game.

I could have sworn someone mentioned that scum-Furcolow is more low-key, and kisses up to people unless they attack him (in which case, he OMGUSes). I can't remember if it was in this thread or [REDACTED]. I've been meaning to read
The Brave and the Beautiful
to get scum meta on Furcolow. But I was hoping someone here could enlighten me.

But what bugs me about him is that he's very
calm
today. (Yes, I've called Furcolow calm.) On Day One, he looked more like Spastic Hyperactive Furcolow. (And maybe I should reread, because people were accusing Furcolow of being Dry-Fit's buddy
before
a flip.) But now, he isn't blowing up at random people, getting tunnel-visioned, and concocting ridiculous conspiracy theories. He isn't aggressively pursuing anyone. He just writes long reasonable (for Furcolow) posts kissing up to people, and goes with the flow. He's acting
very
conscious of how his posts appear.

See, it's not that his opinions are contradictory, but that these contradictions don't look emotion-driven. It's just, "Okay, now I've changed my mind." Like, he voted for me when I called him scum. But then out of the blue, he turns around and says, "Yeah, I liked Mina's Elmo case at first, but it made Mina 'incorrectly' suspect me so I'm backing off." You know what I think he'd be doing if he were town? Spamming the thread with "LYNCH MINA LYNCH MINA YOU'RE A LYING LIAR WHO LIES AND CALLED ME SCUM BECAUSE I VOTED FOR ELMO EVEN THOUGH YOU VOTED FOR ELMO WHICH WAS ALL A PLAN BECAUSE YOU AND ELMO ARE SCUMBUDDIES LOOK YOUR POSTS BOTH CONTAIN THE LETTER Q IN THEM SO YOU MUST BE PARTNERS I REFUSE TO LISTEN TO YOUR DEFENCE LYNCH MINA LYNCH MINA LYNCH MINA." For someone who's so hotheaded, he just seems very laid-back and calculated.

==============================================================
Mina Post 813 wrote:Sotty, question. Why do you find Baby Spice's cognitive dissonance scummy and not Furcolow's? Also, do you think that Furcolow's play is similar to his town or scum meta?
(1) First off I never classed anything Babyspice did as
“cognitive dissonance”
. (2) I don't like the fact you have, in essence, paired my case against Baby up with furc now. Clearly Baby and furc are not guilty of the same exact things, otherwise I would be pushing on furc too.
1) I remember someone using the words "cognitive dissonance" in this thread to refer to Baby Spice. Sorry, I thought it was you.

2) Um...that's
exactly
my point.

Saying Baby and Furc are not guilty of the same things because
you aren't attacking both of them
is circular reasoning. I asked you because I wanted to know what were your reasons for thinking Baby Spice's poor logic and contradictions are scummier and less out of character than Furcolow's poor logic and contradictions. I want to know
why
you aren't pushing on Furcolow as well? Why
don't
you think they're guilty of the exact same things? This is both for my own enlightenment (is there something about both of them I'm missing?) and to get a better read on you.
<snip> All furc has done is be himself. In that he changes his mind in a blink of an eye. Make a case on him and maybe I'll listen. Right now I don't have an issue with him. Would I want him in LYLO... Probably not. Although I do hear he has a good lylo record (unless I remembering someone else)
Will do later. I've been meaning to at least point out his shifts in opinion and then try to squeeze an explanation out of him.
Mina Post 813 wrote:Your turn. What's the rush for someone to hammer right away, Sotty? Why don't you want more discussion?
I have already said why.

But I have no issue waiting for everyone to weigh in. After that, I will be calling for the lynch again.
All you say there is that the downside to hammering isn't as high as usual. Well...what's the
upside
? Why did you think hammering quickly was better than waiting? You were putting pressure on people to hammer? What was the trade-off of instant hammer vs. more discussion when you called for it?

But glad you're in agreement about waiting for more people to weigh in.
jasonT1981
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
jasonT1981
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #854 (ISO) » Thu Nov 25, 2010 7:53 am

Post by jasonT1981 »

Its been more than 24hours... why has Percys vote not gone back on BS like promised
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #855 (ISO) » Thu Nov 25, 2010 8:34 am

Post by Benmage »

I'm on my phone watching the game so I didn't analyze Minas post heavily because I can't break it down at the moment. But on first glance its looks like a whole lot more of nothing, which is once again disappointing.

This isn't the first time Percy has promised something and failed to deliver. Delaying content....putting things on a back burner, hoping other people/subjects take the main front. Its scummy if you ask, and I've certaintly been in no rush to provide content and potentially incriminating content t when scum.
"ITT Benmage is making Shakespeare look cool. I need to bring you to my high school." -Vi
"If i must blantantly follow somone a player cannot do better than blindly following benmage" - tubby216
Mina
Mina
The Shipwright
Mina
The Shipwright
The Shipwright

Post Post #856 (ISO) » Thu Nov 25, 2010 8:52 am

Post by Mina »

EBWOPreview: Ironically, I was responding to something Benmage wrote a few days ago, and Benmage's crosspost has completely soured me on this. I just want to say fuck off, scratch off Percy from my to-do list, and make your own case on him. Not everyone is obsessed with Percy and makes him their number one priority. I'm sorry if Sotty attacked me for reasons that had nothing to do with Percy, so I felt the need to devote lots more words on a subject that wasn't Percy so as to explain myself. Next time, when I'm defending myself, I'll follow every sentence with "PERCY IS SCUM," just to keep it relevant.

Oh, and another thing. Earlier, you dismissed my Elmo case as weak. Explain now why you think so. I want explanations. Now. Ten to one you didn't actually read it, just skimmed through it and saw it was on someone other than Percy.

==============================================================
Benmage wrote:Mina, why don't you see if you can bullet my case on Percy and maybe you'll see the magnitude of his scumminess.

Also stop talking about all the things you'd like to do. Woes you. Just go ahead. Read Percy in iso. Ask him your questions. Read me in iso. Read throuh the belittling, look at the arguments.
My thoughts are that the original case on Percy was never compelling, and that his reactions to his own and Red's lynch wagons looked townish. But today, Percy has done some stuff that bugs me (some of which you've mentioned), and I've become increasingly uncomfortable with how he hasn't really engaged with anyone or tried to put pressure on people. And I see your point that his suspects today are the easy targets (to be fair, so are most people's in this game).

However, the evidence against him is nowhere near as strong as you're making it out to be. Your reasons for suspecting him are better than jason's and I Am Innocent's, but still not rock-solid. It is certainly not so strong that you should deliberately try to lynch one of your town reads just because you think that will make Percy look slightly more guilty. Why aren't you looking for his buddy, instead?

That said, maybe I should admit that although your antics have made me a bit more reluctant to pressure him, the real reason I haven't posted my questions yet is that I'm a horrible easily-distracted procrastinator who takes forever to write.

You know, I'm almost wondering if I should take a running poll on what I should do next when I get off my ass:

-Percy "case" in which I close my eyes, try very hard to ignore everything that anyone else has said about him, and pretend I'm in an alternate-universe in which I'm trying to bring attention to a player everyone is dismissing as obvtown (even though it will give the rabid anti-Percyites more fodder)
-Response to Elmo post (although I was waiting for Percy's reaction, first)
-Furcolow case
-Case against Lrdwhyt's hollow shell, in which I dissect his big posts of reads that say nothing, even though he won't be around to explain them anymore
-Reread of Baby Spice in which I travel through the Byzantine maze of her partnership theories and see if they make more sense for town or scum (although given how inevitable her lynch looks, it would serve no purpose other than for me to say I was right about something)
-Beating Kaleidoscope over the head until he answers once and for all why he suspects Percy
-Questions to jason on his opinions re: Red/Percy/Baby Spice
Benmage wrote:Oh and Mina, you didn't accept my counter proposal for the avatar.....soooo.
Yeah. Your counterproposal in which I either vote for a town player and play against my win condition just so I can see you with a stupid avatar, or in which I get punished for helping lynch scum.

Um...
no
. If I'm confident enough in a player's innocence that I'm willing to bet my avatar on it, then I'm not going to vote for him...and vice versa.
Mina
Mina
The Shipwright
Mina
The Shipwright
The Shipwright

Post Post #857 (ISO) » Thu Nov 25, 2010 9:14 am

Post by Mina »

Mina wrote:Explain now why you think so. I want explanations. Now.
Oops. Redundant statement is redundant.

Omigod. Rereading #838 freaks me out. It's just so...
reasonable
. And measured. My God. Is that...fair? Saying Furcolow's playing too well to be town?
Furcolow wrote: Kaleidoscope: What is this kid, the king of one liners? Go read his iso. Seriously, go. Read it now. It is a fucking JOKE.
LrdWhyt: although kingdavid had me all over the radar, I am fairly sure this guy is lurking. He checks in once every 4-5 days, and we haven't heard from him in about 3. He has one good post, but it occurred a week ago.
BabySpice: I'm not even going to talk about this one
One of these things is not like the other...

Please elaborate. Why do you suspect Baby Spice? Also, why did you put her at L-1 before after saying you preferred the Lrdwhyt wagon?

Lastly, why didn't you mention Lrdwhyt's Elmo vote among your reasons to suspect him?
Elmo wrote:
Mina wrote:(I'm happy with how my Lrdwhyt and Elmo votes turned out)
:cool:

Back to lurking!
:evil:

HEY! I was referring more to Furcolow's and Lrdwhyt's reactions to the vote. I still haven't said what I thought of your defence.

The pressure's still on you, slacker!
Baby Spice
Baby Spice
Mafia Scum
Baby Spice
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #858 (ISO) » Thu Nov 25, 2010 9:56 am

Post by Baby Spice »

Zachrulez wrote:Lrdwhyt has requested replacement.
Unvote

Replacements should be given a chance to speak for themselves.
I don't know what annoys me more. Bad Harry Potter fan fiction that gets the facts right, or good Harry Potter fan fiction that doesn't.

Sometimes, when I say "I'm okay", I want someone to give me a hug and say, "Let's watch Doctor Who"
Percy
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu

Post Post #859 (ISO) » Thu Nov 25, 2010 10:38 am

Post by Percy »

Within the next 6 hours there will be a complete catchup post from me including vote. Sorry for the suspense everyone!
Percy
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu

Post Post #860 (ISO) » Thu Nov 25, 2010 12:59 pm

Post by Percy »

To start with, I feel really bad about delaying things, so here's some proof that I've been actually doing what I say I've been doing:
This is the third such stack that I've had to tackle in the last week :( :(

Firstly, my re-read and vote.

Important Baby Spice post:
Baby Spice 837 wrote:If I understand this right people are voting me because (In no particular order);
A: They think I'm town and want to use my flip to implicate Percy.
B: They think I'm Percy's scum buddy and want to use my flip to implicate Percy.
C: I wont vote Percy who they think is scum.
D: Voting Mongoose.
This is actually nowhere near true; whilst the first three reasons seem to be the reasons Benmage is voting for Baby Spice, there has been a lot of case development that Baby Spice has ignored for a loooong time. And I think most people have said they were null on mongoose if anything; attributing the case to her predecessor is very strange.

Lrdwhyt replacing out is BOOOOOOO. But Baby Spice unvoting Lrd says to me that the vote on Lrd really was for self-preservation purposes only. The stated reason (that replacements should be given a clean slate, effectively) goes to aid her defence, imo, as she has characterised the case on her as being on mongoose.

I don't think Baby Spice has answered any of the key points people have brought against her. And I think they're pretty good points.

The Case against Baby Spice

I have detailed some of the more salient points here, and responded to Lrd's analysis of the case here.

The voting for Lrd to somehow catch Mina or Sotty is so weird I don't even. It really, really feels like an attempt to justify not only the cognitive dissonance of her case against those two but also to somehow justify a self-preservation vote on another wagon that doesn't contradict her stated town read of me. The Benmage attitude is still weird.

And I have no idea at all why she's voting Lrd. There is not a single reason ever given, beyond this dubious "gambit" reason that is now obviously defunct. I understand even less why Lrd could be paired with Sotty.

Re-reading Baby Spice has actually increased my scumread.

A note on Sotty7

I think Sotty's vote on Baby Spice is the one that makes me cringe the most (well, not including Benmage's vote). It's not so much the vote but things like:
Sotty7 wrote:I see no reason to attribute Babyspice's actions as VI over scummy. But as I think your question over, I guess I have no hardened reasoning why. I find her moves scummy and not stupid.
...and a bunch of other things are bothering me about Sotty. Her vote on the wagon of Dry-fit feels like bussing and is in optimum bussing position (as I've said before), she says she likes IAI's pressure on Thor even though it's basically predicated on his being my buddy, and this is not the first time I've gotten very weirded out about Sotty. After this lynch I'll think about my Sotty case some more.

The Case against Lrdwhyt

Initially I said this:
Percy wrote:Lrdwhyt (kingdavid's replacement) is also worth a look in. kingdavid's reaction to Nik's claim has my ears prick up (spoiler: he buys it), and when Lrdwhyt replaces in he goes after jason quite hard and doesn't commit either way to Dry-fit. I think there may very well be scum here.
I elaborated here, but I never came out particularly strongly. Reading over his ISO and I found this post, in which he comes out against
both
the wagon on me and the wagon on Baby Spice. This strikes me as odd since he was the only other wagon that had a lot of steam, aside from the brief Elmo wagon that he joined.
I liked Benmage's pushing against him for the jumping on the Elmo case.

Bottom line is that there is some weirdness here, and the replacing out is really annoying, but I'm only leaning scum on this slot.

Vote: Baby Spice

Finally, to conclude with answering some questions that have come up since I posted my "lol brb" post.

@Benmage
: You misread my first quote; the underlined portion was referring to you.
As for the rest, it's your usual frothing-at-the-mouth useless crap, so I've ignored it all.

Sotty called it hammer-time, and later said to Mina:
Sotty7 wrote:But in a mountainous game like this, where we get two lynches a day, you shouldn't be fighting a lynch as hard as you are unless you are convinced that player is town. Clearly you aren't convinced about Baby.
This sits really badly with me. I don't think we should be callous with our lynches at all, and this idea that we have mislynches to spare is a terribad attitude to encourage. If you weaken the conviction and reasoning required to join a wagon and allow for the "well I wasn't sure they
weren't
scum" defence for any mislynch the town's job becomes much, much harder. Yet another odd Sotty moment to add to the pile.
jasonT1981 wrote:I know he says its a 24hour thing but it seems more like scum getting cold feet on lynching his partner.
Actually laughed out loud at this. I have absolutely zero sympathy for my scumbuddies and have no problem terminating them with extreme prejudice in games I'm in, and if you've ever played with me as scum you'd know that. Also, how can you say I'm Baby Spice's partner? In what universe is that even close to a good theory?

FFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-

I am so fucking angry at this continued insistence that I'm scum. It is so fucking stupid that I want to cry.
Every time I read this thread there is yet another attempt at taking whatever I've said or done and spinning it into ~*~The Scumtell of the Century~*~
Look back at the case on Dry-fit and ask yourself if it was an open-and-shut case. It wasn't? Great. Now try to get some fucking objectivity and consider the reality that I am not scum.
Jesus fucking Christ.
Locke Lamora wrote:I threw the over-simplistic comment about it being the logical lynch out there because I wanted to see if anyone would take the bait and try to piggyback the easy lynch reason with a vote.
There are, at last count, four players who are already advocating this line of reasoning. KScope is even advocating my lynch so the town can have a "fresh start" (read: I refuse to participate until Percy is dead). Why did you need to gambit this way, when you could read for this tell already?

Finally, some pre-emptive answers for Mina:
Mina wrote:Some of the stuff I wanted to call him on (his being so confident in his Baby Spice scum read when on Day One he seemed to only vote her by process of elimination, his completely dropping Furcolow) overlaps with what you've noticed.
My first day vote was not PoE, but based on the slip. I developed it further on that day, and I've gone further today. I don't know where you got this idea from...?
As for Furcolow, this was from the start of D1P2:
Percy wrote:If I'm being honest, it's the same sort of muddy "is this playstyle" kind of read I have on Furcolow. He should be lynched at some point, though, and I'd like for someone else to pressure him to back up his meta arguments with links to completed games.
I've had this out there for a while, and I'm not really feeling the desire to work up a case against Furcolow right now. I will surely get to it, but right now I'm worrying about other things.
I think there was something else you said - something about me buddying to you and not pressuring people? I couldn't find it and I really need to get back to marking. I think your posts are great and I've been enjoying what you've been writing, and I've been on the back foot for a while. My D1P1 play was quite pressure-y...?

Anyway, let's lynch baby Spice.
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #861 (ISO) » Thu Nov 25, 2010 3:13 pm

Post by Sotty7 »

This game.... I can't decide if this is fun anymore or not. Right now my vote is for no. I'm banging my head against a wall.

I'm going to try and stop this from being a text wall. Lets see how I succeed.
EDIT: I fail pretty hard.

TL:DR
This post is mostly for Mina's benefit. I feel like I have said most of this before.

= = = = = =

Mina, you remind me a lot of my early play. The second guessing, the white knighting, the text walls. I think this is why it is hard for me to form a read on you. I almost want to let you get away with everything.
Mina Post 853 wrote:I'll be completely honest; being linked to a leading wagon
before
a flip makes me feel self-conscious of my reads, particularly since I've steadfastly defended scum more than a few times. Even as I'm writing this, I'll admit there's a voice in my head going, "Oh, shit, if she flips scum, you'll look even
more
like her buddy." Can't people...um, just magically see into my pure innocent heart and let me post whatever wishy-washy contradictory thoughts come into my mind without lynching me for it? :P
I feel this.
Mina Post 853 wrote:*
Snip: Stuff about Lrd pressure and the build of the Babyspice wagon*

To be honest, when everyone gangs up on an easy target without little thought, my white knight instincts kick in.
So maybe I overreacted a bit.
The bold is pretty much what I wanted to hear from you. But explain to me why Babyspice is an easy target? I don't get this. Elmo is basically
saying the same thing.
What am I missing? Bullet points on this would be appreciated. No this isn't sarcasm.... But if you and Elmo flip scum I think I will flip out. Because then this will be some horrible mind fuck you have pulled on me.
Mina Post 853 wrote:Okay, most of your points in this post are fair, but I really hated this. The implication that it's townish to just go with the flow and not voice your own opinions bothers me.
Well that wasn't my point at all. Never should you just go with the flow, by all means speak out against wagons you don't agree with, but you should only actively derail wagons
if you have a good reason

With Babyspice you don't have a good reason because you admitted a slight scum read on her! You can say things like “I don't like this lynch as much as this guy over here” or whatever. I speak out against wagons I don't like all the time but I will only actively derail wagons when I have strong town reads or other stuff.

Clearly you don't play this way. In large games I think this is an optimal way of playing because of the shear amount of lynches we have to play with.

For example, in this game I would probably only actively derail a wagon on Jason or Locke because I have strong town reads here.

I feel I have explained this before, but clearly not done a good job of it.
Mina Post 853 wrote:Do you just find this scummy because you think Baby Spice is scum (although to be honest, I think if you're looking for BS's partner, it's more likely to be someone like Furcolow, who barely mentions her but then puts her to L-1 after someone else promises to do it)? Or would you find it scummy for anyone who isn't convinced that X is town to ask, "Hey, why are you voting for X, instead of Y who both you and I suspect more?
I think it is scummy because scum would want to save a buddy. Playing Lone~Scum~Rambo can be intimidating and all things being equal (in that I don't know your scum meta) I am going to believe scum will try and make their lives easier. It's really that simple.

I also find it scummy because Baby is sitting back and enjoying the benefits of your white knighting without really trying herself. Her scum hunting is lackluster at best. You are providing the perfect cover for her and it blows my mind why you would do that.
Mina Post 853 wrote:Yes, I'll agree that town can afford to play more loosely than in a one-lynch-per-day game. But that doesn't make it a scum mindset to be cautious. Somehow, it seems too easy for the scum to all be the weak players (so I have the sneaking suspicion that two out of three of BS, LW, and Furc aren't guilty).
You wanna know what screws with scum more than anything? A loose, unpredictable town that are willing to quick wagon at the drop of hat. Ladies night is one of my more recent scum games and it is also one of my worse performances as scum on this site. Why? Because I could never get comfortable in the town, they were all good players and they played really fast.

Ever since that game I have tried to play looser to help my town game. I'm open to quick wagons, I'm open to town alliances, I'm open to bandwagoning just to freaking bandwagon.
Mina Post 853 wrote:I prefer playing on my own terms. I will vote for Baby Spice when I'm confident that she's more likely to be scum than another potential lynch, or when the alternative is a lynch I disagree with (like I did on Day One). But I didn't feel ready for Phase One to end at the point where people were calling for a hammer.
I'm nothing if respectful to players as along as they aren't jerks. I'm not saying you should be voting for Babyspice just because I called for a hammer (although I would have loved you if you did) It's your vote to do with how you please, but I am getting that feeling that you believe it's your way or the highway and that if you think a lynch is bad then it is
bad
end-of-story. Never mind what the rest of the town has to say.
Mina Post 853 wrote:If I wasn't leaning town on you from before, I'd OMGUS you and accuse you of misrepping me. Please show just where:

1) I'm trying to derail this very hard. (Meh...I did ask Benmage to unvote.)
2) I said that people off her wagon are scummy because they're off their wagon.

I think saying that I'm trying to have it all ways just because I'm ambivalent on Baby Spice is really unfair.
”I don't think Baby is scum, in fact scum are on her wagon
”Quick lynch is quick”
The start of our recent back and forth.

It felt like you made more posts about how the Baby lynch was bad but you didn't. It just felt like a lot at the time. What I was basically saying was that it seemed like you found Baby scummy, people on Baby's wagon scummy as well as having suspects off wagon. I don't think I ever implied that you found people scummy for NOT being on the Babyspice wagon. So yeah.

I think I am just going to agree to disagree with you here RE: furc. Mostly because of this game

Mina Post 853 wrote:
Mina Post 813 wrote:Sotty, question. Why do you find Baby Spice's cognitive dissonance scummy and not Furcolow's? Also, do you think that Furcolow's play is similar to his town or scum meta?
(1) First off I never classed anything Babyspice did as
“cognitive dissonance”
. (2) I don't like the fact you have, in essence, paired my case against Baby up with furc now. Clearly Baby and furc are not guilty of the same exact things, otherwise I would be pushing on furc too.
1) I remember someone using the words "cognitive dissonance" in this thread to refer to Baby Spice. Sorry, I thought it was you.

2) Um...that's
exactly
my point.

Saying Baby and Furc are not guilty of the same things because
you aren't attacking both of them
is circular reasoning. I asked you because I wanted to know what were your reasons for thinking Baby Spice's poor logic and contradictions are scummier and less out of character than Furcolow's poor logic and contradictions. I want to know
why
you aren't pushing on Furcolow as well? Why
don't
you think they're guilty of the exact same things? This is both for my own enlightenment (is there something about both of them I'm missing?) and to get a better read on you.
If you wanted to know my reads of Baby and furc why didn't you just
ask
? This is an example of you being more obtuse than you absolutely needed to be.

I read the quoted statement as you misrepping and misgrouping my Baby's issues with one of my town reads as a means to discredit it. Like I said to IAI, I'm not as smart as people seem to think...

I think I detailed why I feel like I do about furc. I don't have an issue with someone changing their mind. I like loose towns. Sometimes furc makes me face palm, but I think it's because he just plays for himself. He plays free. The key is reading between the lines. He is a perfect scum lynch, that's why I wasn't interested in his lynch at all yesterday and why I said I wouldn't be totally against a policy lynch of him. But if we lynch furc for what you seem to want to (his lynch-1 vote of Baby) then we may as well be lynching him for being himself.

Like I said, make an actual case and I might be swayed.

Baby on the other hand has made a horrible case on Benmage, set a horrible trap out for me and proceeded to vote me for it. I am not seeing the VIness that you and Elmo are. I'm just not.

Although I am getting tired of having to defend my vote to the pair of you.

I don't see how furc and Baby are similar. Quote and show me where they are comparable.
Mina Post 853 wrote:All you say there is that the downside to hammering isn't as high as usual. Well...what's the upside? Why did you think hammering quickly was better than waiting? You were putting pressure on people to hammer? What was the trade-off of instant hammer vs. more discussion when you called for it?
The upside is that speed lynches fuck with the scum, they can't plan.
The upside is we get REACTIONS
The upside is that we have this freaking perfect TOOL to use THAT DOESN'T end the day when it normally would.
The upside is we can still have discussion AFTER a flip.

The downside of not having everyone weigh in is there, but small in comparison. IMO anyway.
Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #862 (ISO) » Thu Nov 25, 2010 3:23 pm

Post by Sotty7 »

Baby Spice Post 858 wrote:
Zachrulez wrote:Lrdwhyt has requested replacement.
Unvote

Replacements should be given a chance to speak for themselves.
Why are you unvoting? The slot is in no danger of being lynched.

= = = = =

Percy I have suspected Nikanor/Thor almost since this game has started.
Of course
I am going to be down with IAI's pressure of him. Also the more recent pressure has been about forcing Thor to give opinions. I like that, even if I don't like the idea of you and him being linked that much.

It's noted that whenever there might be a leg up on my lynch like when I debate with Mina, you are right there with a post "worrying" about me. Yet when Mina declares me a town read you come up with the same thing. It's kinda creeping me out. If you do actually have a case on me, type it up and put it out there and lets talk about it. I don't like all these allusions to it. It feels like you are sniffing around trying to keep my lynch viable.
Percy
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu

Post Post #863 (ISO) » Thu Nov 25, 2010 4:16 pm

Post by Percy »

Sotty7 wrote:It's noted that whenever there might be a leg up on my lynch like when I debate with Mina, you are right there with a post "worrying" about me. Yet when Mina declares me a town read you come up with the same thing. It's kinda creeping me out. If you do actually have a case on me, type it up and put it out there and lets talk about it. I don't like all these allusions to it. It feels like you are sniffing around trying to keep my lynch viable.
Look, you're right to note it. I've said this kind of shit before. I will put something solid together for you to look at in the next phase.
(I'm not just saying "ooooh I'm worried", I actually do give examples and explain my reasoning.)
Furcolow
Furcolow
To Be Frank
Furcolow
To Be Frank
To Be Frank

Post Post #864 (ISO) » Thu Nov 25, 2010 5:05 pm

Post by Furcolow »

@
MINA
When you say "See, it's not that his opinions are contradictory, but that these contradictions don't look emotion-driven." You say it's not that contradictory then it is. How do these two sentences even go together?
Furcolow
Furcolow
To Be Frank
Furcolow
To Be Frank
To Be Frank

Post Post #865 (ISO) » Thu Nov 25, 2010 5:07 pm

Post by Furcolow »

also: "Furcolow's poor logic and contradictions."
care to give examples of these from this game?
Were you on the Dry-Fit wagon?
Furcolow
Furcolow
To Be Frank
Furcolow
To Be Frank
To Be Frank

Post Post #866 (ISO) » Thu Nov 25, 2010 5:10 pm

Post by Furcolow »

"-Beating Kaleidoscope over the head until he answers once and for all why he suspects Percy"
I would want to lynch my scumbuddy, too, if I was the only 2 against five times that many or more.
That must suck.
You ask why I'm calm, and I'll explain: I feel like we are in a very good position as a town, and I feel no personal pressure, therefore I feel very calm that we will win as a town.
Furcolow
Furcolow
To Be Frank
Furcolow
To Be Frank
To Be Frank

Post Post #867 (ISO) » Thu Nov 25, 2010 5:18 pm

Post by Furcolow »

Mina wrote:
Mina wrote:Explain now why you think so. I want explanations. Now.
Oops. Redundant statement is redundant.

Omigod. Rereading #838 freaks me out. It's just so...
reasonable
. And measured. My God. Is that...fair? Saying Furcolow's playing too well to be town?
Furcolow wrote: Kaleidoscope: What is this kid, the king of one liners? Go read his iso. Seriously, go. Read it now. It is a fucking JOKE.
LrdWhyt: although kingdavid had me all over the radar, I am fairly sure this guy is lurking. He checks in once every 4-5 days, and we haven't heard from him in about 3. He has one good post, but it occurred a week ago.
BabySpice: I'm not even going to talk about this one
One of these things is not like the other...

Please elaborate. Why do you suspect Baby Spice? Also, why did you put her at L-1 before after saying you preferred the Lrdwhyt wagon?

Lastly, why didn't you mention Lrdwhyt's Elmo vote among your reasons to suspect him?
Elmo wrote:
Mina wrote:(I'm happy with how my Lrdwhyt and Elmo votes turned out)
:cool:

Back to lurking!
:evil:

HEY! I was referring more to Furcolow's and Lrdwhyt's reactions to the vote. I still haven't said what I thought of your defence.

The pressure's still on you, slacker!
Nice open coaching, Mina. Not.
Anyways, I'm not sure if you're town or not, but I am sure noone would lynch you unless you've openly pushed mislynches on VIs like Percy is trying to do.
The problem is, I have really liked Percy's play on this page. If he is anti-town, he is good at faking being town to a person like me. Very good. I am not going to vote him even if I'm apprehensive. That's how I feel about you, but opinions can change. I can read one of your posts and believe something you've said is anti-town and vote you (like I'm hating your play this page, but liked it a few pages ago).

Baby Spice is a good lynch because she has polarized us. I don't mind putting her at L-1 because, if she's town, it wouldn't bother me if she died. She is less helpful than most people here, and I don't know her well enough to get a proper read on how she will be aligned when we kill her ass (if we end up doing that.)... I don't know. I'm happy lynching either of them, but I'd be more happy lynching you or Kaleidoscope at this point.

Was it the 3rd vote on a slot? Sure, that was an old tell if he did it, but I make 3rd and 4th votes all the time as town so it is somewhat null. I am not sure if he is a wagoneer as scum, or if he is scum whatsoever, but like I've said I'm ok lynching him.

Pretty sure we are fine as a town, there is no need to spazz out. Let's lynch someone who has polarized us somewhat (BS, LrdWhyt's replacement, Percy, Kaleidoscope, Mina) and move on to the next phase.
Baby Spice
Baby Spice
Mafia Scum
Baby Spice
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #868 (ISO) » Thu Nov 25, 2010 7:16 pm

Post by Baby Spice »

Percy wrote:This is actually nowhere near true; whilst the first three reasons seem to be the reasons Benmage is voting for Baby Spice,

Nowhere near true huh.

A:
Benmage #771 wrote:At any point Percy would appear to be a viable lynch I'd be voting/hammering him no questions asked. I think BS is a town village idiot and therefore a mislynch. However as our lynch one deadline draws near I have no problem switching my vote to ensure the lynch especially since I think it will further implicate Percy.

That said if I recall (since I'm on my phone) BS was also someone I named undesirable to have around lylo. So its all wins in my book.

B:
Ok, B might have been stretching Mina's and Jason's points a little. But they both have expressed it.

C:
I Am Innocent #702 wrote:Baby Spice, last chance for self preservation. If you do not vote Percy in your next post, I vote for you to move you to L-1.
D:
[quote="Thor #641]I never even had a town read on Mongoose for her to destroy
[/quote][/quote][/quote]

Only ever says I'm scum, usually with reference to Mongoose. No actual reason or anything.

Yeah, nowhere near true.

Sotty, L-3 with at least two players I can think of saying that Lrdwhyt is one of their top two suspects who aren't voting him. Yep, he's in danger.

Furcolow: How about we lynch someone who votes at the drop of a hat, who votes as a knee jerk reaction to anyone who questions him, who's logic is bad and who is totally unpredictable.

E: Vote made by Furcolow.

I'd rather vote someone who is actually scummy, not because of stupid reasons (a: c: e:) Even d: isn't a brilliant reason.
I don't know what annoys me more. Bad Harry Potter fan fiction that gets the facts right, or good Harry Potter fan fiction that doesn't.

Sometimes, when I say "I'm okay", I want someone to give me a hug and say, "Let's watch Doctor Who"
Baby Spice
Baby Spice
Mafia Scum
Baby Spice
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #869 (ISO) » Thu Nov 25, 2010 7:16 pm

Post by Baby Spice »

damn, quote failure.

Zach pretty pls ... :)

KaleiÐoscøpe
KaleiÐoscøpe
=====[]
KaleiÐoscøpe
=====[]
=====[]

Post Post #870 (ISO) » Thu Nov 25, 2010 7:27 pm

Post by KaleiÐoscøpe »

Furcolow wrote:Pretty sure we are fine as a town, there is no need to spazz out. Let's lynch someone who has polarized us somewhat (BS, LrdWhyt's replacement, Percy, Kaleidoscope, Mina) and move on to the next phase.
Wow, just wow. What a blatant scumpost, showing that you really couldn't care less who gets lynched.

You're going down next when Percy is lynched.
Baby Spice
Baby Spice
Mafia Scum
Baby Spice
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #871 (ISO) » Thu Nov 25, 2010 8:50 pm

Post by Baby Spice »

btw Sotty.
I replaced into newbie 1012 at L-1 about 7 hours before deadline for D1 in a game with deadline lynching rules.

Nameloc did it then and it seemed like a good idea to me, and yes Lrdwhy was in some danger I believe.

Locke Lamora
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #872 (ISO) » Thu Nov 25, 2010 9:01 pm

Post by Locke Lamora »

I'm wavering on Percy, basically because I don't think he's trying to manipulate us enough. WIFOM, I know, but in my experience good scum still play like they have an agenda, and I don't see that from Percy's play.

Lrdwhyt requesting replacement bothers me. I don't think Lrd was doing a great job of dealing with the questions aimed in his direction and his last posts before he replaced out were basically about dodging them rather than defending his position and doing some original scumhunting. My vote stays for now.
If ya smell what The Locke is cookin'!

"Locke Lamora and Andrius, defying all logic since 1081."
Furcolow
Furcolow
To Be Frank
Furcolow
To Be Frank
To Be Frank

Post Post #873 (ISO) » Thu Nov 25, 2010 9:24 pm

Post by Furcolow »

KaleiÐoscøpe wrote:
Furcolow wrote:Pretty sure we are fine as a town, there is no need to spazz out. Let's lynch someone who has polarized us somewhat (BS, LrdWhyt's replacement, Percy, Kaleidoscope, Mina) and move on to the next phase.
Wow, just wow. What a blatant scumpost, showing that you really couldn't care less who gets lynched.

You're going down next when Percy is lynched.
How is wanting to lynch and use the town's killing power scummy? You're baffling me, here.
Furcolow
Furcolow
To Be Frank
Furcolow
To Be Frank
To Be Frank

Post Post #874 (ISO) » Thu Nov 25, 2010 9:24 pm

Post by Furcolow »

kaleidoscope who is your strongest read other than percy?

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”