Le Cupcake
Goon
Le Cupcake
Goon
Goon

Post Post #25 (ISO) » Wed Nov 24, 2010 10:29 pm

Post by Le Cupcake »

Andrius wrote:
Katsuki wrote:Hey Andrius, remember your comment of wanting to play a game where I am a vig?

:D

MOI really needs to replace into this game though. Would make for lots of fun. :)
Then shoot me, like you should have done in [REDACTED].
MoI should play. XD

oH lOOK wHOS nOT pOSTING iN hIS hYDRA aCCOUNT. hRM
Is this due to broken caps lawk, or a failed imitation of fate?
Cupcake Mafia II has been delayed due to multiple instances of multiple computers spontaneously combusting...-_-
vollkan
vollkan
The Interrogator
vollkan
The Interrogator
The Interrogator

Post Post #26 (ISO) » Wed Nov 24, 2010 10:31 pm

Post by vollkan »

Le Cupcake wrote:
vollkan wrote:
Le Cupcake wrote:
We
are a cupcake vendor.
We
sent vollkan a cupcake that
we
put all of
our love
into, but he cruelly smashed it up into tiny little bits, much like how
our heart
was shattered. :(

Discuss.
You're either an alt of Katsuki or Leiskyrie. Given your avatar, I'm guessing Leiskyrie.

As such,
Vote: Le Cupcake
for turning me into a cupcake in that Marathon Game.
Reading comprehension skills = nonexistent
Is this because of your failure as a lawyer, or is it because you're a scumcake? :lol:
You turned me into a cupcake. If my reading comprehension has gone to hell, you are solely responsible.
Le Cupcake
Le Cupcake
Goon
Le Cupcake
Goon
Goon

Post Post #27 (ISO) » Wed Nov 24, 2010 10:32 pm

Post by Le Cupcake »

EBWOP: Also, we felt that it was necessary to make the connection easier for vollkan.

P-EDIT: Now now vollkan, CUPCAKES CAN READ! (Aside from you, but that's just because you're moldy)
Cupcake Mafia II has been delayed due to multiple instances of multiple computers spontaneously combusting...-_-
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #28 (ISO) » Wed Nov 24, 2010 10:39 pm

Post by Hoopla »

IMPORTANT SURVEY:

Andrius, Rabies, Vollkan, Le Cupcake, InHimshallibe, slowsilver, LlamaFluff, Benmage, Guderian, Sajin, xvart, chkflip, Zodiark13
:

You all haven't played in a PYP game as far as I remember. These questions are for you. You are being judged based on your answers.

1)
Did you fully understand how the draft system operated?
2)
Why did you choose the numbers you chose?
3)
Do you think it is likelier that scum chose unique X numbers, or doubled up on at least one of their choices?
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #29 (ISO) » Wed Nov 24, 2010 10:42 pm

Post by Hoopla »

SPYREX:
PLEASE ARRANGE THE PLAYER-LIST THE FRONT PAGE IN THE DRAFT ORDER COUPLED WITH THEIR NUMBER CHOICES. THANKS IN ADVANCE.
Andrius
Andrius
The Baker
Andrius
The Baker
The Baker

Post Post #30 (ISO) » Wed Nov 24, 2010 10:44 pm

Post by Andrius »

Hoopla wrote:
IMPORTANT SURVEY:

Andrius, Rabies, Vollkan, Le Cupcake, InHimshallibe, slowsilver, LlamaFluff, Benmage, Guderian, Sajin, xvart, chkflip, Zodiark13
:

You all haven't played in a PYP game as far as I remember. These questions are for you. You are being judged based on your answers.

1)
2)
3)
Do you think it is likelier that scum chose unique X numbers, or doubled up on at least one of their choices?
1) I think so, althought I had little part in it. I didn't get to pick my numbers, and I was at (pretty much) the end of the list for draft pick, so. I understand how it worked, though I had no part in the number part myself.
2) I didn't choose my numbers, sadly. :(
3) I'm not sure I understand the question. I can see them doubling up, but I don't understand what you mean by the first part. Maybe I just need sleep..
"This is the true face of a man who plays paladin."
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #31 (ISO) » Wed Nov 24, 2010 11:14 pm

Post by Hoopla »

Andrius wrote:
Hoopla wrote:
1)
2)
3)
3) I'm not sure I understand the question. I can see them doubling up, but I don't understand what you mean by the first part. Maybe I just need sleep..
I don't think you understand the draft if you don't understand the third question. How it works is, each player chooses two numbers (an X and a Y number). Whoever has the lowest unique X number wins the draft, followed by the second lowest unique X number. Once all the unique numbers are put in order, it then goes to the X numbers that were only chosen twice, with the lowest sets being ranked first. Then it goes to X numbers that were only picked thrice, and so on. The Y number is merely the decicider in cases of doubling up (in which case, the lowest Y number goes first if the X numbers are tied).

Obviously, choosing the same X number as someone else will drop your position in the draft - so do you think scum, when they were talking together in their quicktopic, chose to deliberately sabotage a couple of their chances at a good pick by doubling up on an X number? What would you do as scum, if you were in charge of delegating the numbers to your teammates?
vollkan
vollkan
The Interrogator
vollkan
The Interrogator
The Interrogator

Post Post #32 (ISO) » Thu Nov 25, 2010 1:22 am

Post by vollkan »

Hoopla wrote:
IMPORTANT SURVEY:

:

1)
2)
3)
1) I think so.
2) I figured 1 was too obvious, but 2 was a likely pick because people who were smart enough not to pick one would probably go for larger numbers. And six was chosen because it was relatively close to one without being ridiculously so
3) I don't follow you...did you get your alignment before you submitted your draft?
slowsilver
slowsilver
Townie
slowsilver
Townie
Townie

Post Post #33 (ISO) » Thu Nov 25, 2010 1:39 am

Post by slowsilver »

Do you think Guderian chose Vanilla just to screw with our heads?
Obnoxious Quote: "Nuthunuul, ofc." --Parama, Mini 1079, page 2 for reference

[Scummiest scum of the month here]
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #34 (ISO) » Thu Nov 25, 2010 2:09 am

Post by Hoopla »

slowsilver wrote:Do you think Guderian chose Vanilla just to screw with our heads?
No, that's dumb, and seemingly irrelevent..?
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #35 (ISO) » Thu Nov 25, 2010 2:23 am

Post by DrippingGoofball »

Vanilla, again????
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
slowsilver
slowsilver
Townie
slowsilver
Townie
Townie

Post Post #36 (ISO) » Thu Nov 25, 2010 2:29 am

Post by slowsilver »

1) Yes, I fully understood how the draft system worked by the time I gave my numbers in.
2) I chose my favourite numbers and then took away two. I hoped that others would choose my favourite numbers as their favourite numbers.
3) I would say that they chose unique numbers so as to maximise their chances of getting decent roles.
Obnoxious Quote: "Nuthunuul, ofc." --Parama, Mini 1079, page 2 for reference

[Scummiest scum of the month here]
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #37 (ISO) » Thu Nov 25, 2010 4:18 am

Post by Parama »

Jack is scum
Andy is town
Hoopla is town
DGB is town

vote: Jack

More to come when more post :D
Show
Ever wanted a playlist full of a lot of music I really dig? Here you go.

RateYourMusic page because song contests are like the only reason I'm still here.

GET TO KNOW ME

I basically post like I'm always on twitter, ignore my spamminess.
PranaDevil
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
PranaDevil
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #38 (ISO) » Thu Nov 25, 2010 4:24 am

Post by PranaDevil »

vollkan wrote:3) I don't follow you...did you get your alignment before you submitted your draft?
You could change your numbers as much as you wanted until Spyrex posted the draft. Meaning scum could discuss their picks and change them accordingly.
Sajin
Sajin
Mafia Scum
Sajin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #39 (ISO) » Thu Nov 25, 2010 4:25 am

Post by Sajin »

Sup Guys. Long time mafia player, but have not played in a while. I still play a lot on IRC, but my schedule opened up. Expect me to do longer posts but less of them then normal due to my schedule.
Hoopla wrote:
IMPORTANT SURVEY:

:

1)
2)
3)
1 Yes, just because one has not played does not mean one has not read and understood at the same level or better the mechanics at work. In fact I really only /in for games with good mechanics that are different then normal. I also liked the player list.

2 I was hoping to get somewhere in the middle. It did not work out that way but that is the way lotterys are suppossed to work. On reflection a pick of 19,1 or something similar would of probably better achieved the goal. But it is what it is.

3 I sent in my choices and then was told I was town. Although my question about this would be if scum were given their alignments and opportunity to change their numbers as spyrex hinted at in the signup thread. This would cause me to analyze the draft order far differently if this were true. And since I did not receive a role PM until the thread opened, I would assume scum although they may have known they were scum over town may not have had a QT with which to coordinate number picks.

So I guess I can not really answer your 3rd question unless I knew the prereq question: were scum actually able to coordinate numbers? (and for that matter actual role picks. I would assume they WERE able to coordinate role picks. They may have been able to coordinate number picks (because of the mod allowing number changes).

But then that means they would of had to have gotten a QT before getting a role PM. And I am unsure when the coordination would of started. I would like to hear others thoughts on the matter.

Why are these questions only being asked of people who have not played in a PYP before?

Anyways,

I asked the following question of the mod:

Q.) Can we change our actions during the day when we submit them?
a.) Yes. Up until lynch.
This means that you have no excuses for not actioning with any role you have. If I get a "hey I am a informational role/whatever, I was going to investigate person x but a lynch happened before I could sumbit excuse" I will:

1: Facepalm
2: Lynch you for being scum.

It is your duty to submit ANY action RIGHT NOW. Do not post in the thread unless you have submitted a action. This is because actions are due BEFORE the results of a lynch. If you have read and understood my reasoning for this, let me know. If you disagree, let me know that too.

If you get reads later on in the day you can CHANGE your action. So do not feel locked into it. But I swear if I see any unreasoned no actions (there could be good reasons for no actioning, and I am not advocating against those) I will lynch it. Consider you all forewarned. Conversely, a scum that picked a informational role may find themselves in a catch 22 because of this policy. They have to give info, or not claim the role or have another excuse (I targeted a guy that died every night, I was roleblocked, EVERY NIGHT!!!).

In a game with a similar mechanic (most actions were due pre lynch reached) where I was scum, I abused this mechanic to quick hammer before most of the town could send in actions. The town that game lost a few roleblocks doctor protects and cop investigations because of it. I do not want the same thing to happen here.

I have played with most of the player list. Of those I have not I have probably read a game or 2 they played in.

Vote: Parama

I read him better under a little pressure.

Have a good thanksgiving everyone :P I am due back cooking :P
"Against logic there is no armor like ignorance."
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #40 (ISO) » Thu Nov 25, 2010 4:26 am

Post by Parama »

Guderian 1,1
Volkan 2,6
chkflip 9,5
Zodiark13 12,1
Benmage 3,4
slowsilver 3,5
Ellibereth 5,1
Rabies 5,7
Hoopla 10,1
Le Cupcake 10,6
Jack 11,1
xvart 11,7
Fate 13,1
PranaDevil 13,10
llamafluff 8,1
Parama 8,5
inHimshallibe 8,7
Drippinggoofball 6,10
iamausername 6,11
Andrius 6,1 <--- Random WINNER
Sajin 6,1 <--- Random Loser
Pomegranate 6,1 <--- Random Double Loser!

reference list
Show
Ever wanted a playlist full of a lot of music I really dig? Here you go.

RateYourMusic page because song contests are like the only reason I'm still here.

GET TO KNOW ME

I basically post like I'm always on twitter, ignore my spamminess.
Zodiark13
Zodiark13
Goon
Zodiark13
Goon
Goon

Post Post #41 (ISO) » Thu Nov 25, 2010 4:34 am

Post by Zodiark13 »

Sorry all, going to have to /out. I though I could handle three theme games at once, but, uni stuff as well World of Warcraft stuff will make that too hard to handle. Again, sorry.
Returning froma spontanious extended sabatical. Posting from an Android with a crappy touch keyboard, so spelling mistakes will occur with wild abandon.
Guderian
Guderian
Goon
Guderian
Goon
Goon

Post Post #42 (ISO) » Thu Nov 25, 2010 4:52 am

Post by Guderian »

@ Jack, I got to pick from among 3 secret roles reserved for the number one pick. Unlynchable bulletproof serial killer sounded just like my cup of tea.

1) Did you fully understand how the draft system operated?
2) Why did you choose the numbers you chose?
3) Do you think it is likelier that scum chose unique X numbers, or doubled up on at least one of their choices?

1. Yes
2. Human tendency to avoid the obvious
3. Unique. Probably 5 midrange numbers followed by a 1.

(Doubling up numbers looks like a one way trip to the bottom of the draft)

Sajin, you reference the fact you 'are not scum' about ten times in your previous post. It looks like you're trying to hard to get the fact you are a town member out there. Why did you feel the need to do that?
Where Confidence and Charisma Collide
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #43 (ISO) » Thu Nov 25, 2010 4:55 am

Post by SpyreX »

Official Vote Count

Players needed to lynch: 12

Benmage
- 1 - llamafluff - (L-11)
Guderian
- 1 - Fate - (L-11)
Jack
- 2 - Andrius, Parama - (L-10)
Le Cupcake
- 1 - Volkan - (L-11)
llamafluff
- 1 - PranaDevil - (L-11)
Parama
- 1 - Sajin - (L-11)
Volkan
- 1 - Le Cupcake - (L-11)

Players not voting: Benmage, chkflip, Drippinggoofball, Ellibereth, Guderian, Hoopla, iamausername, inHimshallibe, Jack, Pomegranate, Rabies, slowsilver, xvart, Zodiark13

Sighhh. Contacting replacements.

Deadline: Tuesday, December 7th, 10:30 PM PST
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #44 (ISO) » Thu Nov 25, 2010 5:36 am

Post by xvart »

Andrius wrote:
I see you drivin' round town with the title I earned and I'm like
Fuck You, Fuck You
!
Ooooohh... Bus Driver crumbz????
Hoopla, 28 wrote:
1)
2)
3)
  1. I understood how the first number worked, but I didn't really understand how the second number worked.
  2. I chose the numbers I did because I looked back at PYPIII and saw that the first numbers 10 and 11 were second and third in selection, so I picked 11 to emulate that in hopes of getting near the top. I picked 7 because I didn't really know how the second number worked so I just went with the 11,7 that the third person to pick in PYPIII picked.
  3. I really don't know.
VOTE: Guderian Jealousy!

xvart.
I only read quote walls.

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
LlamaFluff
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #45 (ISO) » Thu Nov 25, 2010 5:50 am

Post by LlamaFluff »

Hoopla wrote:
1)
2)
3)
1 Decently enough
2 I just chose two numbers around the midway point, got around the area in the draft I wanted actually
3 About equal chance. I would be surprised if they double both numbers, or have three people pick the same starting number, but draft numbers arent enough to clear on. I would hedge a bet on no more then two scum have the same X number, but again thats going to just be a WIFOM battle.

We really should wagon ben.
Co-host of The USL Show
GeoGuessr: USL Pony
Fall Guys: Scary Hopping Bonkus
Fate
Fate
:HAPPY:
Fate

Post Post #46 (ISO) » Thu Nov 25, 2010 5:57 am

Post by Fate »

DrippingGoofball wrote:Vanilla, again????
Bad play, again????
Fate is absurdly beautiful. 運命に弄ばれる
"Fate you keep alternating between narratives of doing it for fun and doing it for the sake of winning"
LlamaFluff
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #47 (ISO) » Thu Nov 25, 2010 6:01 am

Post by LlamaFluff »

Fate wrote:
DrippingGoofball wrote:Vanilla, again????
Bad play, again????
No Ben vote, again????
Co-host of The USL Show
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #48 (ISO) » Thu Nov 25, 2010 6:01 am

Post by Fate »

Scum picking their numbers before getting their alignment means Hoopla is just blowing hot air.

But Guderian is still quite obviously scum, and he should have a much bigger wagon on him.

I'd list my town reads, but I see the benefit in NOT doing so at this point in time unlike Parama.

Sniped: Who's Ben?
Fate is absurdly beautiful. 運命に弄ばれる
"Fate you keep alternating between narratives of doing it for fun and doing it for the sake of winning"
LlamaFluff
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
LlamaFluff
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #49 (ISO) » Thu Nov 25, 2010 6:07 am

Post by LlamaFluff »

Ben is the only one who starts with ben. For those who do not wish to look at the playerlist - Benmage.

Why are you trying to stop me from having even a somewhat happy thanksgiving?
Co-host of The USL Show

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”