Newbie 1026 - Day 3

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
werewolf555
werewolf555
Goon
werewolf555
Goon
Goon

Post Post #400 (ISO) » Sat Nov 20, 2010 7:39 am

Post by werewolf555 »

podium123456 wrote:
werewolf555 wrote: Actually I just wanted to hear him role-claim, and if people role claim before they are at L-1, they are usually viewed as scum.
disregard my previous question to you.

what's your mafia experience? are you aware that it is very scummy to ask for claims before someone is at L-1, and ESPECIALLY scummy to ask someone who you dont think is scum to claim?
Well this is the third mafia game that I have played on the site, and I did not know that.
My mafia experience:
In my first I got lynched on day one, second on day two.
I just thought that it would be good to have you claim.
silvers backtracking after he wanted you lynched is suspicious(i think) because he has tried to get you lynched many times before.
I'm not dead yet
"Sens: Please rearrange Werewolf and Mist into a scumteam so we can policy lynch." -GreyICE
podium123456
podium123456
Mafia Scum
podium123456
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #401 (ISO) » Sat Nov 20, 2010 7:46 am

Post by podium123456 »

silver is 99% town.

(im only not saying he's 100% so nobody goes 'OMG u can only know that if you are scum)
silverbullet999
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #402 (ISO) » Sat Nov 20, 2010 7:59 am

Post by silverbullet999 »

-pod
i'll add you to my black list (as in i wont accept you for my games), and i will spread the word to my other mod friends, and people who see this game probably wont accept you for their modded games. word spreads quick about bad players on this site, and it will impact your ability to play games.
2 Things..
A. this is a pretty big threat (or if you want.. promise) to try to keep me in this game, of my 8 or 9 games or.. however many games I've played here I've never had this occur. I've only replaced in one game because I felt I really wasn't doing well and would cause my team to lose. I still don't see how the following effects of your threat would occur as how does this single one game that I'm not a fan of automatically change me to a bad player that should not be put in any games? (I'm not saying i'm an expert by any means but yeah.)
B. There's only two reasons I could see someone trying to keep me in this game this hard...
1. You believe I can mayhaps still create a victory for the town or at least be incredibly helpful to still be around for the town
or
2. Your more or less using me so I stay and cause further chaos or what not and/or simply put you are keeping me in this game to further benefit your own agenda.
I'm leaning toward 1... but if it ends up being 2... you are playing an incredibly low move and the promise that you made to me is made right back at you.
... People were right it seems....
TheBadOne
TheBadOne
Townie
TheBadOne
Townie
Townie

Post Post #403 (ISO) » Sat Nov 20, 2010 8:00 am

Post by TheBadOne »

I actually want to see something more from nopoint. He is our IC, and he should guide us through the game. But he is one of the most inactive players here. At the moment he looks the most suspicious to me.
mishka
mishka
Townie
mishka
Townie
Townie

Post Post #404 (ISO) » Sat Nov 20, 2010 11:33 am

Post by mishka »

Since everyone wants me to be more active it seems...
podium123456 wrote:silver is 99% town.

(im only not saying he's 100% so nobody goes 'OMG u can only know that if you are scum)
You're only saying that to fool us into thinking you're town by making fun of the possibility of calling you scum for being so sure he's town so therefore I find this very suspicious.
podium123456
podium123456
Mafia Scum
podium123456
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #405 (ISO) » Sat Nov 20, 2010 11:44 am

Post by podium123456 »

actually, what i did was call him 100% town and then say that i dont care if you tell me i can only know that as scum.
Looker
Looker
the
Stenographer
Looker
the
Stenographer
Stenographer
Pronoun: the

Post Post #406 (ISO) » Sat Nov 20, 2010 11:50 am

Post by Looker »

podium123456 wrote:actually, what i did was call him 100% town and then say that i dont care if you tell me i can only know that as scum.
  • Noticed your incredulity and just thought I'd say my votes hold more water than the quoted statement. Also, what question are you referring to?
silverbullet999 wrote:-pod
i'll add you to my black list (as in i wont accept you for my games), and i will spread the word to my other mod friends, and people who see this game probably wont accept you for their modded games. word spreads quick about bad players on this site, and it will impact your ability to play games.
2 Things..
A. this is a pretty big threat (or if you want.. promise) to try to keep me in this game, of my 8 or 9 games or.. however many games I've played here I've never had this occur. I've only replaced in one game because I felt I really wasn't doing well and would cause my team to lose. I still don't see how the following effects of your threat would occur as how does this single one game that I'm not a fan of automatically change me to a bad player that should not be put in any games? (I'm not saying i'm an expert by any means but yeah.)
B. There's only two reasons I could see someone trying to keep me in this game this hard...
1. You believe I can mayhaps still create a victory for the town or at least be incredibly helpful to still be around for the town
or
2. Your more or less using me so I stay and cause further chaos or what not and/or simply put you are keeping me in this game to further benefit your own agenda.
I'm leaning toward 1... but if it ends up being 2... you are playing an incredibly low move and the promise that you made to me is made right back at you.
  • In response to you calling me out on my vote: No one is confirmed town; not me, not you, not fouxdufafa or that exaggerated argument you and podium had.
  • Also, moves are moves, no matter how low; if he thinks you're an idiot and is keeping you in because you suck, then that's just the way he plays.
werewolf555 wrote:
podium123456 wrote:
werewolf555 wrote: Actually I just wanted to hear him role-claim, and if people role claim before they are at L-1, they are usually viewed as scum.
disregard my previous question to you.

what's your mafia experience? are you aware that it is very scummy to ask for claims before someone is at L-1, and ESPECIALLY scummy to ask someone who you dont think is scum to claim?
Well this is the third mafia game that I have played on the site, and I did not know that.
My mafia experience:
In my first I got lynched on day one, second on day two.
I just thought that it would be good to have you claim.
silvers backtracking after he wanted you lynched is suspicious(i think) because he has tried to get you lynched many times before.
silverbullet999
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #407 (ISO) » Sat Nov 20, 2010 11:58 am

-look
Also, moves are moves, no matter how low; if he thinks you're an idiot and is keeping you in because you suck, then that's just the way he plays.
To make a big threat like that... especially considering if he was scum and how he's basically in a great position atm and even better if I replace... that's an incredibly low *insert various curse words here* move to pull and basically he's making it incredibly personal to show how much i suck in this game and how much "better" he is in this, if in fact he is scum.
Looker
Looker
the
Stenographer
Looker
the
Stenographer
Stenographer

Post Post #408 (ISO) » Sat Nov 20, 2010 12:01 pm

Post by Looker »

• I didn't say I agreed, man; I'm just saying that's how he chooses to play.
  • There are plenty of games; being blacklisted from just his shouldn't hurt you
    too
    much.
podium123456
podium123456
Mafia Scum
podium123456
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #409 (ISO) » Sat Nov 20, 2010 12:25 pm

Post by podium123456 »

Looker wrote: Also, what question are you referring to?[/list]
why did you vote nopoint.
Looker
Looker
the
Stenographer
Looker
the
Stenographer
Stenographer

Post Post #410 (ISO) » Sat Nov 20, 2010 2:09 pm

Post by Looker »

O, because he's hidin' out and I want his opinion.
Looker
Looker
the
Stenographer
Looker
the
Stenographer
Stenographer

Post Post #411 (ISO) » Sat Nov 20, 2010 2:10 pm

Post by Looker »

Also, can we hold off on the softclaims until absolutely necessary?
Looker
Looker
the
Stenographer
Looker
the
Stenographer
Stenographer

Post Post #412 (ISO) » Sat Nov 20, 2010 2:13 pm

Post by Looker »

Sorry, but @nopointinactingup: Did you get your avatar from ZazieR's "Rabbit Doubt Mafia"?
mishka
mishka
Townie
mishka
Townie
Townie

Post Post #413 (ISO) » Sat Nov 20, 2010 4:50 pm

Post by mishka »

You know, I see no point in voting so soon, despite Looker's points.
nopointinactingup
nopointinactingup
Mafia Scum
nopointinactingup
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #414 (ISO) » Sat Nov 20, 2010 5:01 pm

Post by nopointinactingup »

The fact that DP was killed increased the likelihood that there is scum among Silverbullet and Podium but I'm still not convinced either of them is scum.

On the other hand,
werewolf555 wrote:I don't see anything too bad about making pod role-claim
VOTE: Podium
Claiming is only the last resort before a lynch. The fact that you are asking him to claim for the fun of it is blatant rolefishing.
werewolf555 wrote: I just thought that it would be good to have you claim.
This is even worst. It proves that the fact that Silver was tunneling on Podium was
part of your plan.

Vote:Werewolf.
L-1

I don't think Mishka is scum due to his hammer actually.
mishka wrote:
UNVOTE
VOTE: slowsilver

I'm town.
Silverbullet and Podium is likely town and TheBadOne has a genuine vibe on him so that leaves Werewolf and Looker as most possibly scum.

@TheBadOne: Sorry for my inactivity lately. It's my exam week xD
@Looker: No actually. I read the Manga itself. It's basic concept of this mafia game.
Justice will prevail
\m/
podium123456
podium123456
Mafia Scum
podium123456
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #415 (ISO) » Sat Nov 20, 2010 5:30 pm

Post by podium123456 »

werewolf dont claim unless someone says they will hammer.

@nopoint - werewolf's input yesterday was decent (considering). i think werewolf is genuine noob... i dont think he would be that naive as scum... but then at the same time, im not sure if he would be that naive as town (to not know to not do that - which is why i asked how many games he had played). i'll try to look at some of his meta. still, i'm a little surprised that you are putting him at L-1 over that.

i also think mishka is ultra noob town.

im almost positive SB is town... i dont see scum wanting to leave a game they just got a free claim in.

looker has a weird style. i dont get all the rapid vote changes just to promote discussion. looks like a newbie.

that leaves me with TBO, and nopoint.

i think TBO is where the votes need to be right now.
nopointinactingup
nopointinactingup
Mafia Scum
nopointinactingup
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #416 (ISO) » Sat Nov 20, 2010 5:32 pm

I've had an inkling with werewolf since yesterday. But I agree that werewolf should not claim unless someone expresses that they want to hammer.
Justice will prevail
\m/
nopointinactingup
nopointinactingup
Mafia Scum
nopointinactingup
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #417 (ISO) » Sat Nov 20, 2010 5:34 pm

Actually Podium is right. I've forgotten how volatile Newbie Games can be.
Unvote

Until werewolf talks and I reread him.
Justice will prevail
\m/
TheBadOne
TheBadOne
Townie
TheBadOne
Townie
Townie

Post Post #418 (ISO) » Sat Nov 20, 2010 11:16 pm

Post by TheBadOne »

I'm not going to vote werewolf, I think he is town.
werewolf555
werewolf555
Goon
werewolf555
Goon
Goon

Post Post #419 (ISO) » Sun Nov 21, 2010 2:35 am

Post by werewolf555 »

I'm not dead yet
"Sens: Please rearrange Werewolf and Mist into a scumteam so we can policy lynch." -GreyICE
Looker
Looker
the
Stenographer
Looker
the
Stenographer
Stenographer

Post Post #420 (ISO) » Sun Nov 21, 2010 3:48 am

Post by Looker »

• I placed my vote because I don't plan on being around every second of the game. I think he's scum so he has my vote until I believe otherwise.
  • Nopointinactingup, when you say Silverbullet and Podium are "likely town" and that TheBadOne has a "genuine vibe on him", are these gut instincts? Because I disagree with the Podium and Silverbullet bit and you believing them to be "likely town" isn't too convincing.
  • I like placing votes - it's one of the only powers I have.
  • Werewolf555, I don't know if we're allowed to link ongoing games or not. I'm actually accustomed to us not being able to.
silverbullet999
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #421 (ISO) » Sun Nov 21, 2010 5:53 am

I tend to disregard meta when it comes from the same player claiming the meta... too easy to manipulate
Looker
Looker
the
Stenographer
Looker
the
Stenographer
Stenographer

Post Post #422 (ISO) » Sun Nov 21, 2010 6:21 am

Post by Looker »

I tend to disregard meta.
Excedrin
Excedrin
Goon
Excedrin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #423 (ISO) » Sun Nov 21, 2010 7:57 am

Post by Excedrin »

Vote Count

podium123456 (1): werewolf555
TheBadOne (1): podium123456
werewolf555 (2): silverbullet999, Looker

not voting: mishka, TheBadOne, nopointinactingup
alive: 7 majority: 4
D2 Deadline: AD 2010-12-10 06:36:05.852 PM (Fri) Pacific Standard Time
2 weeks, 5 days, 7 hours, 39 minutes, 2 seconds
mishka
mishka
Townie
mishka
Townie
Townie

Post Post #424 (ISO) » Sun Nov 21, 2010 3:52 pm

Post by mishka »

Looker wrote:I tend to disregard meta.
Might as well disregard everything and start randomly pointing.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”