Newbie 1026 - Day 3

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
podium123456
podium123456
Mafia Scum
podium123456
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #375 (ISO) » Fri Nov 19, 2010 6:50 pm

Post by podium123456 »

silverbullet999 wrote:-Pod
All I've done was join the game, I never promised any commitment nor did I give my word that I'd stay.

This is fast becoming day 1 with everyone else dead (besides looker)

Yeah screw this town, town doesn't deserve the win and hell if I'm gonna try to put in the effort to get the win.
Mod please replace me.
Ummm... you gave your commitment when you joined, dude... everybody does. It's an understood commitment that you are going to play the game, no matter if it's an all star team, or a scrub team.

It isn't fair to leave a game just because you think you might not win... otherwise everyone would bail from most games... we've all been there. If this site was set up so that it was ok to leave a game because it was lousy, the newbie queue would never move. honor your commitment, you are going to damage the game pretty bad if you leave.

And are you
REALLY
complaining about the activity, when the day has only been open for a few hours?
silverbullet999
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #376 (ISO) » Fri Nov 19, 2010 8:18 pm

Post by silverbullet999 »

This is truly becoming day 1 again...
-Pod
Ummm... you gave your commitment when you joined, dude... everybody does
I don't recall signing a contract stating this when I said /join...
It isn't fair to leave a game just because you think you might not win...
It's not fair that this town is a complete and utter failure that really hasn't put much of any fucking effort at all into the game. There's been a plethora of info through my and your arguments.. but how much has the town commented on it? None. You then have a stupid arrogant dickhead (werewolf.. this is you) claiming, I can't read big walls of text (even though they clearly aren't) because I have the attention span of a three year old. Mishka is the VI (or SI)... either way an idiot.. and that's typical and that's normal but seriously this town hasn't given a rat's fucking ass to do anything at all and it's complete and utter bullshit.
you are going to damage the game pretty bad if you leave.
How am I going to damage the game? Day 2 is going to be me debating with you some more while most of the rest of the town sticks their heads up their asses. DP was somewhat active and actually followed the argument but hey look he's dead now. Any damage done has already occurred due to the town's fucking lazy attitude and if additional damage is done by me replacing (again no idea how) I say FANTASTIC because this town has been pure and utter shit from the get go and more than fucking deserves it.

(Mod apologies if a warning is generated from this but yeah... please replace me when you have the time)
... People were right it seems....
podium123456
podium123456
Mafia Scum
podium123456
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #377 (ISO) » Fri Nov 19, 2010 8:48 pm

Post by podium123456 »

DP's input was horseshit.

the town commented on our discussions... they said they weren't interested. if you are town, then they made the right call.

once you see my role, you will understand that the town made the right call, and it was you that was actually wrong.

SB wrote:I don't recall signing a contract stating this when I said /join...
http://mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=14372

Play to win the game.

But that really isn't even necessary. It's just about being a good sport for the overall integrity of this site. It isn't fair to quit on a game just because YOU think the town has been bad... it isn't fair to quit even if they ARE.

We can still win this, if you can get over your feelings being hurt because the majority of town didnt listen to you. As i said, you're activity is excellent... and this game is FAR from over. We still have all our PR's, and some decent prospects for scum.
DavidParker
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #378 (ISO) » Fri Nov 19, 2010 9:31 pm

Post by DavidParker »

Oh dear. (BAH)
"To die will be an awfully big adventure"
TheBadOne
TheBadOne
Townie
TheBadOne
Townie
Townie

Post Post #379 (ISO) » Fri Nov 19, 2010 10:32 pm

Post by TheBadOne »

Looker wrote:
TheBadOne
[*]Could you elaborate on your theory of SS's Van Helsing post? Were you assuming his intentions to be a counterclaim?
I thought it was possible that when he claimed the Van Helsing post, a newbie doctor would immediately counterclaim doctor. And then SS could say that he didn't want to claim and it was just a nickname. But if he was scum, he then knew the doctor..
silverbullet999
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #380 (ISO) » Sat Nov 20, 2010 4:22 am

once you see my role, you will understand that the town made the right call, and it was you that was actually wrong.
Regardless of what you flipped, we would have had a little more info vs what we ended up choosing (and if you are scum, you're a dirtbag for doing this (not meant insultingly)... : P...)
I started reading it then stopped when I came across this line
These rules are not necessarily set in stone.
No but seriously I read it all and didn't see any, do not replace if you do not like the game.
We can still win this,
I never said we couldn't, but I sure as hell am not gonna waste the effort to try and win when i feel that most of the town doesn't even deserve it.
=============
tl:dr: replacing
Looker
Looker
the
Stenographer
Looker
the
Stenographer
Stenographer
Pronoun: the

Post Post #381 (ISO) » Sat Nov 20, 2010 4:22 am

Post by Looker »

• We need four people to lynch; we have four people active: TheBadOne, Podium123456, Silverbullet999, and myself.
  • We can decide the scummiest of the lurkers, lynch them, and push for the replacements of the rest before the next day. This would leave us with a pool of mishka, nopointinactingup, and werewolf555.
Looker
Looker
the
Stenographer
Looker
the
Stenographer
Stenographer

Post Post #382 (ISO) » Sat Nov 20, 2010 4:24 am

Post by Looker »

Got ninja'd, but
  • Silverbullet999
  • Would you mind placing a reasoned vote before you replaced?
silverbullet999
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #383 (ISO) » Sat Nov 20, 2010 4:25 am

Would you mind placing a reasoned vote before you replaced?
Whats the point?
Looker
Looker
the
Stenographer
Looker
the
Stenographer
Stenographer

Post Post #384 (ISO) » Sat Nov 20, 2010 4:31 am

Post by Looker »

• For you - nothing.
  • For us - we at least have a chance at lynching scum despite the many inactives.
  • It's not much, but it's better than leaving us with nothing.
Looker
Looker
the
Stenographer
Looker
the
Stenographer
Stenographer

Post Post #385 (ISO) » Sat Nov 20, 2010 4:33 am

Post by Looker »

And this is all overlooking the general doubt that the Mod'll be able to find replacements for this game - that's the real reason I want the vote, so we don't have to wait a week to start the game up again due to lack of players.
silverbullet999
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #386 (ISO) » Sat Nov 20, 2010 4:40 am

Well at this point, pod or mishka...

so...

VOTE: pod
werewolf555
werewolf555
Goon
werewolf555
Goon
Goon

Post Post #387 (ISO) » Sat Nov 20, 2010 4:54 am

Post by werewolf555 »

Looker wrote:
  • We need four people to lynch; we have four people active: TheBadOne, Podium123456, Silverbullet999, and myself.
  • We can decide the scummiest of the lurkers, lynch them, and push for the replacements of the rest before the next day. This would leave us with a pool of mishka, nopointinactingup, and werewolf555.
Please explain why I would be lynched.
Your explanation is that I am a lurker, when my last post was two days ago.
Also, there was a 48 hour period when you couldn't post due to night.
So how am I a lurker?
I'm not dead yet
"Sens: Please rearrange Werewolf and Mist into a scumteam so we can policy lynch." -GreyICE
Looker
Looker
the
Stenographer
Looker
the
Stenographer
Stenographer

Post Post #388 (ISO) » Sat Nov 20, 2010 5:42 am

Post by Looker »

silverbullet999 wrote:Well at this point, pod or mishka...

so...

VOTE: pod
  • So same as yesterday? Got it. :wink:
podium123456 wrote:DP's input was horseshit.

the town commented on our discussions... they said they weren't interested. if you are town, then they made the right call.

SB wrote:I don't recall signing a contract stating this when I said /join...
http://mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=14372

Play to win the game.

But that really isn't even necessary. It's just about being a good sport for the overall integrity of this site. It isn't fair to quit on a game just because YOU think the town has been bad... it isn't fair to quit even if they ARE.

We can still win this, if you can get over your feelings being hurt because the majority of town didnt listen to you. As i said, you're activity is excellent... and this game is FAR from over. We still have all our PR's, and some decent prospects for scum.
  • I agree; that argument was a huge turn-off.
  • Just looking at the start of your argument, I can say that people reuse reasoning all the time. I mean, we're all seeing the same thing excluding scum and PRs, so that's not much of a scumtell for me unless the reasoning is pathetically weak.
  • UNVOTE: VOTE: podium123456 What's your opinion of the argument that ensued yesterday?
Looker
Looker
the
Stenographer
Looker
the
Stenographer
Stenographer

Post Post #389 (ISO) » Sat Nov 20, 2010 5:46 am

Post by Looker »

O, and @werewolf555
  • I don't have to now because you're here. I was only reading names off this page.
  • Hey, I'm gonna be gone for a while. I'll be back when I can, should be a day and half.
werewolf555
werewolf555
Goon
werewolf555
Goon
Goon

Post Post #390 (ISO) » Sat Nov 20, 2010 5:56 am

Post by werewolf555 »

I don't see anything too bad about making pod role-claim
VOTE: Podium
I'm not dead yet
"Sens: Please rearrange Werewolf and Mist into a scumteam so we can policy lynch." -GreyICE
silverbullet999
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #391 (ISO) » Sat Nov 20, 2010 6:13 am

UNVOTE:
silverbullet999
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #392 (ISO) » Sat Nov 20, 2010 6:16 am

I easily see mishka hammering like a moron if he looks up here.

Don't like at all that you 2 just hop on a wagon i start as if you know believe i'm right from out of the blue to bring pod to L-1
This is especially true for werewolf who literally didn't give a damn about pod day 1.

VOTE: werewolf
werewolf555
werewolf555
Goon
werewolf555
Goon
Goon

Post Post #393 (ISO) » Sat Nov 20, 2010 6:46 am

Post by werewolf555 »

silverbullet999 wrote:I easily see mishka hammering like a moron if he looks up here.

Don't like at all that you 2 just hop on a wagon i start as if you know believe i'm right from out of the blue to bring pod to L-1
This is especially true for werewolf who literally didn't give a damn about pod day 1.

VOTE: werewolf
Actually I just wanted to hear him role-claim, and if people role claim before they are at L-1, they are usually viewed as scum.
I'm not dead yet
podium123456
podium123456
Mafia Scum
podium123456
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #394 (ISO) » Sat Nov 20, 2010 7:05 am

Post by podium123456 »

silverbullet999 wrote: I started reading it then stopped when I came across this line
These rules are not necessarily set in stone.
No but seriously I read it all and didn't see any, do not replace if you do not like the game.
are you telling me you really dont understand the concept of why it is extremely bad sportsmanship to replace out of a game just because you think you're going to lose? dont you learn that concept in kindergarten? part of the challenge of these games are the unknown aspect of whether or not you will be paired with competent players... sometimes you get good people, sometimes you get bad... but thats all part of the challenge.

AND YOU ARE IN A NEWBIE GAME... did you think you were going to be playing with pros? seriously dude...

"play to win the game" means play to win the game... not 'play, unless you think you are going to lose, and then bail'. that's a cowards way out.

i'll add you to my black list (as in i wont accept you for my games), and i will spread the word to my other mod friends, and people who see this game probably wont accept you for their modded games. word spreads quick about bad players on this site, and it will impact your ability to play games.
podium123456
podium123456
Mafia Scum
podium123456
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #395 (ISO) » Sat Nov 20, 2010 7:06 am

Post by podium123456 »

looker what the hell is up with your voting? why did you vote for me, and why did you ignore my question?
podium123456
podium123456
Mafia Scum
podium123456
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #396 (ISO) » Sat Nov 20, 2010 7:07 am

Post by podium123456 »

werewolf555 wrote:I don't see anything too bad about making pod role-claim
VOTE: Podium
oh really? do you think im scum?
podium123456
podium123456
Mafia Scum
podium123456
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #397 (ISO) » Sat Nov 20, 2010 7:08 am

Post by podium123456 »

see silverbullet... this game has already taken a turn for the better. we cut out some dead weight, activity is up, and you got your podium wagon. :mrgreen: stick around.
podium123456
podium123456
Mafia Scum
podium123456
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #398 (ISO) » Sat Nov 20, 2010 7:10 am

Post by podium123456 »

werewolf555 wrote: Actually I just wanted to hear him role-claim, and if people role claim before they are at L-1, they are usually viewed as scum.
disregard my previous question to you.

what's your mafia experience? are you aware that it is very scummy to ask for claims before someone is at L-1, and ESPECIALLY scummy to ask someone who you dont think is scum to claim?
Excedrin
Excedrin
Goon
Excedrin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #399 (ISO) » Sat Nov 20, 2010 7:21 am

Post by Excedrin »

Vote Count

podium123456 (2): Looker, werewolf555
TheBadOne (1): podium123456
werewolf555 (1): silverbullet999