Hydra Mafia (Day 4, I can't think of a clever title!)

TomAndJerry
TomAndJerry
Townie
TomAndJerry
Townie
Townie

Post Post #525 (ISO) » Wed Nov 17, 2010 11:05 am

Post by TomAndJerry »

Vote; Pineapple

mhm. Claim Asap.

~Tom
Mr Smith
Mr Smith
Goon
Mr Smith
Goon
Goon

Post Post #526 (ISO) » Wed Nov 17, 2010 11:28 am

Post by Mr Smith »

Crab Canon wrote:Get lost. You were using effing meta reasoning in the post I wanted know the author of (and you have no idea whether my reason for asking was vague crap or not). I can only assume you don't want me to try and see through you.
In other news, Crab has been and will continue to be up to several weeks very VP. I only post if my hands are uncontrollably shaking from tiredness currently.

Oj
Go away. VP can take care of it, because your posts are starting to look like mine :P

It was obviously a myko post, Parama doesn't like meta. I need it.
"Still using all the muscles except the one that matters?"
Crab Canon
Crab Canon
Goon
Crab Canon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #527 (ISO) » Wed Nov 17, 2010 12:32 pm

Post by Crab Canon »

I ha ve plenty of chances to post two-liners in nighttime in my timezone.
you are a tosser for trolling me. myko would never say he needs meta.

Oj
Currently a VP Baltar/Juls Hydra
Mr Smith
Mr Smith
Goon
Mr Smith
Goon
Goon

Post Post #528 (ISO) » Wed Nov 17, 2010 12:43 pm

Post by Mr Smith »

I do: http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopi ... 8#p2626318

I'm very sorry if I disappoint you or someone else with that view on the game, but I believe it to be a correct one. I love meta in real life with sports and games. I'm just not too good at it with the players on MS, because I can't really communicate with them.
Crab Canon
Crab Canon
Goon
Crab Canon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #529 (ISO) » Wed Nov 17, 2010 1:20 pm

Post by Crab Canon »

I had the idea you were markedly anti-meta but I can't check where I got the impression from and whether I remember wrong (probably I do) right now.
But this makes for a new questions: if you think meta is "very important" in a certain context, whythe hell was your slot (and both heads) drawing out an argument with mine against revealing heads?
And why did you use crappy meta on me (and VP) saying I'm scum for not responding to the reasonless accusation of us being scum - you would have had the knowledge I can barely play mafia at the moment.

Oj
Bowser
Bowser
Mafia Scum
Bowser
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #530 (ISO) » Wed Nov 17, 2010 2:06 pm

Post by Bowser »

This is the new un-Untrod Tripod head checking in to replace CSL. Trying to get thread read before deadline, but I wanted to say hi and announce my presence.
Won't comment on anything else yet as i don't want to inadvertantly disagree with my other half.
~T
It's
BOWSER TIME!
SMBMIIIS: The War on Bleck's Army
is coming to a Mini Theme queue near you! 0/6 pre-in's taken.
MasterSpy
MasterSpy
Townie
MasterSpy
Townie
Townie

Post Post #531 (ISO) » Wed Nov 17, 2010 2:49 pm

Post by MasterSpy »

CrabCanon wrote:Also, being nominated for a scummy =/= most awesome scummer ever. It is an open process afterall. elli is a fine player, but his recent close affiliation with DGB has warped his playstyle into being non-contributive imo. It's more of a null tell than anything if you ask me.
Regardless of whether the process is open unless some close friends just nominated Elli for kicks being on any list for the Scummies implies a level of skill and commitment that I have yet to see from Elli. You may be right about recent trends due to DGB.

@PP re 503-506
: If that is some half-assed attempt at VC Analysis you are doing it completely wrong.
Faranor wrote:
What I meant to say is that your words aren't matching up to what you're supposed to be thinking. You say that my post makes you question my motives, as if you weren't doing that already. You're saying, "Well this here post could very well be scummy!" which is scummy.
Your opinion is noted. Completely wrong, but noted. Your ‘reasoning’ for who was scummy based on the bv311 wagon was horrible and I pointed it out as such.
Faranor wrote:In other news, we have less than two days left before our deadline. It would be great if the people voting for IceCream could go back to Pineapple so that we can get a claim today.
Great that you want a claim. At this late juncture a credible claim out of Pineapple most likely results in a No Lynch. Shouldn’t you want people to vote for Pineapple because, I don’t know, you actually think they are scum?
Bowser wrote:This is the new un-Untrod Tripod head checking in to replace CSL. Trying to get thread read before deadline, but I wanted to say hi and announce my presence.
Won't comment on anything else yet as i don't want to inadvertantly disagree with my other half.
Nice of you to show up approximately 15 hours before deadline and say nothing. Classy.

I will not be likely on between this post and deadline so if this slot changes its vote WhiteSpy is in charge of that. And given the Pineapple is going to be the lazy, let’s just go with the flow as opposed to lynching PP scum Lynch today I doubt we will be changing to them.

~ The BlackSpy
Bowser
Bowser
Mafia Scum
Bowser
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #532 (ISO) » Wed Nov 17, 2010 2:55 pm

Post by Bowser »

BlackSpy wrote:Nice of you to show up approximately 15 hours before deadline and say nothing. Classy.
Uh, thanks for the warm welcome. You're so totally classy. I'm catching up as fast as I can.
Tal
It's
BOWSER TIME!
Crab Canon
Crab Canon
Goon
Crab Canon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #533 (ISO) » Wed Nov 17, 2010 4:32 pm

Post by Crab Canon »

Who is hammering at deadline? No Lynch is not an option.

Pineapple, if you're claiming, you best get in here and do it fast.
Professor Paradox
Professor Paradox
Townie
Professor Paradox
Townie
Townie

Post Post #534 (ISO) » Wed Nov 17, 2010 4:44 pm

Post by Professor Paradox »

Crab Canon wrote:
PP wrote:Also, a Pineapple flip (Pineapple turnover?) would provide more info here.
What info do you see coming out of that? Also, you think a Pineapple flip would be informative, but you're voting IceCream....idk about the people in this game.
Crab Canon wrote:
MS wrote:-His insistence that he needs to see Pineapple's flip before he can make a single case grates at me. Bowser, just save time and answer this. Who do you think is scum if Pineapple flips town? Who do you think is scum if Pineapple flips scum?
I second this. There is way too much stalling of giving reads and reasons for reads in this game. Pretty unacceptable.
Well, there's that, plus Bowser's random vote on Pineapple, plus he's the L-1 vote. I think there are some nice ties there to analyze.

We previously requested a claim from Pineapple. We're willing to hammer. There are now 3 people requesting a Pineapple claim, and they've thus far failed to acknowledge this.

-ML
Professor Paradox
Professor Paradox
Townie
Professor Paradox
Townie
Townie

Post Post #535 (ISO) » Wed Nov 17, 2010 4:46 pm

Post by Professor Paradox »

@mod
, what timezone will the deadline be in? 3 PM where?
Pineapple
Pineapple
Townie
Pineapple
Townie
Townie

Post Post #536 (ISO) » Wed Nov 17, 2010 5:08 pm

Post by Pineapple »

Pineapple is town.

Waiting for another post from my partner and then I guess is what will probably be our last words...
Pineapple
Pineapple
Townie
Pineapple
Townie
Townie

Post Post #537 (ISO) » Wed Nov 17, 2010 5:09 pm

Post by Pineapple »

EBWOP: Pineapple is a regular townie.
Bowser
Bowser
Mafia Scum
Bowser
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #538 (ISO) » Thu Nov 18, 2010 12:27 am

Post by Bowser »

OK I've read the whole thread. I don't know if it's because I haven't played mafia for a while or if it's the hydras or if it's being unfamiliar with most of you, but it has been tough getting my head around this game.

I think Pineapple is scum. S/he hasn't impressed me with any posts that come across as genuine indignation or defensiveness... you know? Most townies feel pretty unhappy about being vigorously suspected and Pineapple just hasn't displayed anything like that. Pineapple's suspicions of other players have been weak and vague and unnatural. I understand that occasionally unmotivated townies play like this, but I think it more likely to be scum who are a bit unsure of themselves.

Me & UT are both a little wary of Chimaira. For me it's primarily a Sotty gut feeling plus Zorblag's uber-helpfulness. Obviously that isn't a case they can answer to, but just wanted it out there.

At this point UT & I differ on our 3rd suspect (mine=Icecream, UT=Mr Smith).

~Tal
It's
BOWSER TIME!
Mr Smith
Mr Smith
Goon
Mr Smith
Goon
Goon

Post Post #539 (ISO) » Thu Nov 18, 2010 12:48 am

Post by Mr Smith »

Crab Canon wrote:I had the idea you were markedly anti-meta but I can't check where I got the impression from and whether I remember wrong (probably I do) right now.
But this makes for a new questions: if you think meta is "very important" in a certain context, whythe hell was your slot (and both heads) drawing out an argument with mine against revealing heads?
And why did you use crappy meta on me (and VP) saying I'm scum for not responding to the reasonless accusation of us being scum - you would have had the knowledge I can barely play mafia at the moment.

Oj
Oh, It is perfectly understandable that you got that impression. I don't use arguments like that often, because people don't think they are convincing. The reason why we argued for not revealing is because we agreed on that before the game started. Parama hates meta and I didn't know most of the players here. I did expect there to be nameclaims before a lynch, and somewhere in the game a massnameclaim, but I didn't see the necessity for it to be right on day 1. So I agreed on Parama's stance and that became our official one.

On the other hand, the "defensive" aspect isn't there. The only player who has ever read my meta right isn't in this game, and Parama hasn't encountered a player who made a correct meta argument against him. We didn't have to worry about giving the town less information. Towns have proven to be quite horrible at using this peace on both heads of the hydra.

I'm basically too lazy to find arguments against Faranor and you, so I posted my real reason for suspecting you. The post was posted in our quicktopic last weekend, I think. In any case, before I knew you were busy. And then, that isn't really an excuse, because I posted about both heads of your hydra. And VP is definately here.

Faranor is awefully quiet.

I'm not happy with the coming lynch. As expressed before.
bv310
bv310
Mafia Scum
bv310
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #540 (ISO) » Thu Nov 18, 2010 1:40 am

Post by bv310 »

D2's Fifth official vote count!

Pineapple (L-1): Faranor, Chimaira, Bowser, TomAndJerry, Crab Canon
IceCream (L-4): Professor Paradox, Mr. Smith
Professor Paradox (L-4): MasterSpy, Pineapple
Mr. Smith (L-5): IceCream

With 10 alive, it will take 6 to lynch, 5 to no-lynch.

Deadline is Thursday, November 18 at 3pm Eastern Standard Time. That's about 7.5 hours from now.

EDIT: Vote count corrected. For the second fucking time.
Last edited by bv310 on Thu Nov 18, 2010 3:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Crab Canon
Crab Canon
Goon
Crab Canon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #541 (ISO) » Thu Nov 18, 2010 2:43 am

Post by Crab Canon »

We kind of feel there is a degree of sincerity to Pineapple's exasperated claim. Sigh. Anyone up for a last minute IceCream lynch?

That vote count is all kinds of effed up, but I think support may be there. If not, we'll be sure to vote pineapple (again).

@Smith - Oj is saying that you should have known CC would have dropped in activity a touch after having only one head to post. Additionally, this meta of me that you are claiming is laughable in my opinion. You make me sound like I rage anytime someone has suspicion of me, which is pretty inaccurate to say the least.
Mr Smith
Mr Smith
Goon
Mr Smith
Goon
Goon

Post Post #542 (ISO) » Thu Nov 18, 2010 2:47 am

Post by Mr Smith »

Crab Canon wrote:We kind of feel there is a degree of sincerity to Pineapple's exasperated claim. Sigh. Anyone up for a last minute IceCream lynch?

That vote count is all kinds of effed up, but I think support may be there. If not, we'll be sure to vote pineapple (again).

@Smith - Oj is saying that you should have known CC would have dropped in activity a touch after having only one head to post. Additionally, this meta of me that you are claiming is laughable in my opinion. You make me sound like I rage anytime someone has suspicion of me, which is pretty inaccurate to say the least.
Do you agree with me that you aren't the person to say nothing?

vote Faranor
You are at least talking. Faranor isn't.
Mr Smith
Mr Smith
Goon
Mr Smith
Goon
Goon

Post Post #543 (ISO) » Thu Nov 18, 2010 2:54 am

Post by Mr Smith »

bv310 wrote:
D2's Fifth official vote count!

Pineapple (L-1): Faranor, Chimaira, Bowser, TomAndJerry, Crab Canon
IceCream (L-4): Professor Paradox, Mr. Smith
Professor Paradox (L-4): MasterSpy, Pineapple
Bowser (L-5): Mr. Smith

With 10 alive, it will take 6 to lynch, 5 to no-lynch.

Deadline is Thursday, November 18 at 3pm Eastern Standard Time. That's about 7.5 hours from now.

EDIT: Vote count corrected.
Well, that isn't helping either. Why am I doublevoting? Why are we voting for IceCream, otherhead? And why are the only serious wagons on players I don't really want to lynch?

This night I have to reread. Scum, if you kill me, I'll hunt you down through the entire board.
Crab Canon
Crab Canon
Goon
Crab Canon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #544 (ISO) » Thu Nov 18, 2010 3:05 am

Post by Crab Canon »

Smith wrote:Do you agree with me that you aren't the person to say nothing?
Everything is situational. There are no hard and fast rules to follow in this game. I responded to IC's vote because he started the idiot wagon. I ignored your initial vote because I felt you were basically poking me with a stick to see if you could get a scummy rise out of me. I could see the town motivation for doing it, so I didn't much care about it. Now, your continued pursuit of it beyond that seems less town to me and that was when I was directly asking you to clarify what you meant by ignoring and such. Oj pursued the same. I still feel you're being intentionally ambiguous about it. Where exactly does your meta of me come from anyhow, because I don't recall playing many games with you recently?

Would you lynch IceCream today over Pineapple?
Mr Smith
Mr Smith
Goon
Mr Smith
Goon
Goon

Post Post #545 (ISO) » Thu Nov 18, 2010 3:16 am

Post by Mr Smith »

I haven't played a lot of games with you at all. But you are a reasonable person, quite intelligent, who likes to talk and is quite good at argumentation. While you do understand logic, you aren't excellent it. That is pretty much it, I think.

I don't poke people without reason. I want either confirmation or the opposite of that (forgot the word). You didn't want to give a reaction. Not even a town one. Which is scummy.

And no. I thought IceCream was a townread of us.
Crab Canon
Crab Canon
Goon
Crab Canon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #546 (ISO) » Thu Nov 18, 2010 3:26 am

Post by Crab Canon »

I didn't say you poked me without reason. I said you poked me to see if I was scum, which isn't really going to get a rise out of me. I guess I disagree with you because I DO think the town reaction to a silly attack is to not distract the town with petty disagreements. You're also shifting the argument away from the meta argument you proposed initially. Why?
Mr Smith
Mr Smith
Goon
Mr Smith
Goon
Goon

Post Post #547 (ISO) » Thu Nov 18, 2010 3:35 am

Post by Mr Smith »

Crab Canon wrote:I didn't say you poked me without reason. I said you poked me to see if I was scum, which isn't really going to get a rise out of me. I guess I disagree with you because I DO think the town reaction to a silly attack is to not distract the town with petty disagreements. You're also shifting the argument away from the meta argument you proposed initially. Why?
Because you already said that it is natural for you to react. (I know it depends on the situation) I expected an aknowledgement of the vote from town VP (or town Ojanen). I didn't get it. I wondered what the reason could be, and I think you didn't want the attention on you, which is scummy. As town nothing would have kept you from asking for a reason or two.
Crab Canon
Crab Canon
Goon
Crab Canon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #548 (ISO) » Thu Nov 18, 2010 3:39 am

Post by Crab Canon »

Mr Smith wrote: I'm basically too lazy to find arguments against Faranor and you, so I posted my real reason for suspecting you. The post was posted in our quicktopic last weekend, I think. In any case, before I knew you were busy. And then, that isn't really an excuse, because I posted about both heads of your hydra. And VP is definately here.
The part about meta-suspecting me due to not responding to the recent no reason vote was outside of the quote from your qt, which means it was made
after
you knew about me barely playing.

I don't think Pineapple's apathetic vanilla claim is likely from scum at this stage. fake-claiming at this point would have given so much more realistic chances for not getting lynched/confusion and noone getting lynched/a cc. basic scum survival instict is lacking since this type of wifom doesn't commonly happen.
but sadly we do need a lynch before deadline. i'd be more in favour of IC at this point. (but pine lynch>no lynch, and all-hydras game means a shitton of logistics in people moving votes argh.)

oj
Crab Canon
Crab Canon
Goon
Crab Canon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #549 (ISO) » Thu Nov 18, 2010 3:40 am

Post by Crab Canon »

Mr Smith wrote:
Crab Canon wrote:I didn't say you poked me without reason. I said you poked me to see if I was scum, which isn't really going to get a rise out of me. I guess I disagree with you because I DO think the town reaction to a silly attack is to not distract the town with petty disagreements. You're also shifting the argument away from the meta argument you proposed initially. Why?
Because you already said that it is natural for you to react. (I know it depends on the situation) I expected an aknowledgement of the vote from town VP (or town Ojanen). I didn't get it. I wondered what the reason could be, and I think you didn't want the attention on you, which is scummy. As town nothing would have kept you from asking for a reason or two.
Well I'm not going to try to argue with you if you're just making a terrible assumption. I don't mind scrutiny regardless of alignment, but you should at least try to make it somewhat convincing. The premise of your argument is meta against both our heads and I my refutation is that your meta is terrible. What is Parama's reasoning since he hates meta so much?

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”