Newb Question... Input Please!

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
Yosarian2
Yosarian2
(shrug)
Yosarian2
(shrug)
(shrug)

Post Post #24 (isolation #0) » Fri Dec 02, 2005 10:30 am

Post by Yosarian2 »

Seol wrote:
SpeedyKQ wrote:
PolarBoy wrote:In fact, I can't think of a reason anyone should look at their role in a game with no night actions.
If you are mafia or mason, you may want to know who your partners are so you don't go after them.
Isn't that the point of not reading your role PM - if you're Mafia, you don't tie yourself to your mafia-mates by defending them inappropriately/ignoring implicating arguments.
Actually, I think the big danger with not reading your mafia role PM would be that you might be scum, and might accidently DEFEND your scum-mate without even knowing it.

Or you might make some comment like "Boy, I hope we have a cop" and then discover you are a cop, only to have no one believe you when you try to claim because of your earlier comment.

Basically, the more information you have, the better. The reason people with different roles play differently is because there are some situations where it's actually a good idea to play differently depending on what your role is. If you don't know what your role is, you might trap yourself with your own ignorance.
I want us to win just for Yos' inevitable rant alone. -CrashTextDummie

Return to “Mafia Discussion”