Newbie 1026 - Day 3

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
silverbullet999
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #250 (ISO) » Mon Nov 15, 2010 8:41 pm

Post by silverbullet999 »

Also like that your theory that you proposed about why you think I want you* lynched has all of a sudden dropped (I wonder why...) and that you repeatedly ask for third party involvement.
... People were right it seems....
silverbullet999
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #251 (ISO) » Mon Nov 15, 2010 9:02 pm

I'm gonna say this now because I'm not sure if tomorrow will be crazy for me and crazy stuff will somehow occur.

I WANT PODIUM123456 TO BE THE LYNCH FOR TODAY

I think he would be the most informative lynch for the day.
I will gladly accept responsibility if he somehow flips town and I'm wrong.
I will gladly welcome theories of distancing if he flips scum.

If you do not feel this way, then I ask you to vote me.

Why?
I feel that you would be convinced when my side is truly shown to then lynch Pod.
Again the info gained would help

Why this post?
Because in my recent games, where I've felt strongly that someone was scum for one reason or another, even when I have said I want someone lynched, I've been overall ignored. A prime example being my 1010 game with Enigma. I'm tired of it and since I strongly feel that pod is scum for reasons I have already stated and because of how I feel his actions are driven. I am asking this of you.
podium123456
podium123456
Mafia Scum
podium123456
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #252 (ISO) » Mon Nov 15, 2010 9:38 pm

Post by podium123456 »

silverbullet999 wrote:
i asked the mod to step in. Normal protocol.
Actually no, normal protocol would be the mod stepping in of his own accord.
That depends on the mod. You should know... as you have played in games in which the mod stepped in without being requested, as well as games where the mod let personal insults be used at will.

What
I
did wasn't out of the ordinary.

silverbullet999 wrote:Also like that your theory that you proposed about why you think I want you* lynched has all of a sudden dropped (I wonder why...)
You mean the one i stated just a few hours ago? What makes you think it is dropped?
silverbullet999 wrote: Because in my recent games, where I've felt strongly that someone was scum for one reason or another, even when I have said I want someone lynched, I've been overall ignored. A prime example being my 1010 game with Enigma. I'm tired of it and since I strongly feel that pod is scum for reasons I have already stated and because of how I feel his actions are driven. I am asking this of you.
Huge pile of AtE (appeal to emotion).

And please respond to this post, regarding your 'reasons'.
TheBadOne
TheBadOne
Townie
TheBadOne
Townie
Townie

Post Post #253 (ISO) » Tue Nov 16, 2010 12:39 am

Post by TheBadOne »

You guys say the same things 10 times..
DavidParker
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #254 (ISO) » Tue Nov 16, 2010 1:11 am

Post by DavidParker »

I didn't read any of much of what's just been posted but a podium lynch would bode well for town I feel.
"To die will be an awfully big adventure"
slowsilver
slowsilver
Townie
slowsilver
Townie
Townie

Post Post #255 (ISO) » Tue Nov 16, 2010 2:37 am

Post by slowsilver »

I just get a scum read from both Pod and Silverbullet so I'm fine with lynching either.
Obnoxious Quote: "Nuthunuul, ofc." --Parama, Mini 1079, page 2 for reference

[Scummiest scum of the month here]
silverbullet999
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #256 (ISO) » Tue Nov 16, 2010 3:19 am

Heh... in 1010 Enigma tried using ATE also to take away the argument as well.
silverbullet999
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #257 (ISO) » Tue Nov 16, 2010 3:20 am

I have repeatedly answered this
silverbullet999
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #258 (ISO) » Tue Nov 16, 2010 3:22 am

Lastly, let's get the wagon rolling whether it be on me or pod, deadline is in 4 days .

D1 Deadline: AD 2010-11-20 05:33:24.390 PM (Sat) Pacific Standard Time
podium123456
podium123456
Mafia Scum
podium123456
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #259 (ISO) » Tue Nov 16, 2010 7:02 am

Post by podium123456 »

I really wish you people would learn to contribute content... instead of these little one-liner posts.
TheBadOne wrote:You guys say the same things 10 times..
You voted SB because his style irritated you. He changed his style, but you are still on him. Why do you think he is scum?

DavidParker wrote:I didn't read any of much of what's just been posted but a podium lynch would bode well for town I feel.
Why do you think so, and what made you clear SB so quickly (with your first post)?

slowsilver wrote:I just get a scum read from both Pod and Silverbullet so I'm fine with lynching either.
Do you think SB's 'case' is valid?
podium123456
podium123456
Mafia Scum
podium123456
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #260 (ISO) » Tue Nov 16, 2010 7:44 am

Post by podium123456 »

silverbullet999 wrote:
I have repeatedly answered this
No you haven't, as far as i can recall. All you have said is that i hid behind the mod to relieve pressure. What was the pressure. Point to where you have answered this, and prove me wrong.

I'll give my idea of what's gong on, since you won't:

The pressure was the name-calling... so you are saying "since you don't like to be called names, it means you are scum". To that i say guilty as charged (about not liking to be called names), but that is a ridiculous case to make.

Normally i would think that a sloppy/weak case like that would be from a mafia member trying to make a mountain out of a molehill... but this time i actually think your the type of player that might do something like this as town.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
silverbullet999 wrote: Because in my recent games, where I've felt strongly that someone was scum for one reason or another, even when I have said I want someone lynched, I've been overall ignored. A prime example being my 1010 game with Enigma.
Enigma wasn't in 1010. Also, in 1010 the town lynched one of your top two scumpicks... who turned out to be a townie.
podium123456
podium123456
Mafia Scum
podium123456
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #261 (ISO) » Tue Nov 16, 2010 7:45 am

Post by podium123456 »

silverbullet999 wrote: A true townie would have encouraged me heavily to stay within the rules to avoid a modkill since as stated above.. it will hurt the faction i'm in.
I first asked you to stop.

When you didn't stop, i asked you again... and said i would ask for a replacement if you continued.

When you still refused, i informed you that you had now clearly broken one of the game's rules, and would be lucky if the mod didn't kill you (as that was listed as a punishment for breaking the rules). I advised you to change your attitude, so that that wouldn't occur.

When you continued with the crybaby/kittens thing, i explained to you what you were doing and told you again to either stop or face the punishment.

It looks like you just cleared me as a true townie... because how much more could i have encouraged you to stay within the rules? I asked you to stop four times, and warned you that you were breaking a rule which might result in a modkill... it's not my fault that you were acting like a jerk. If you had just stopped when i asked you to, none of this would have happened.
silverbullet999
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #262 (ISO) » Tue Nov 16, 2010 7:55 am

whoops 1012*
1010 was bad plays by town all over.

I'm tired of explaining it to you repeating the same thing over and over.

You threatened me as if you were the mod, you demanded I stop the first time, when I said no you started acting like you were the mod saying i'd be killed or replaced. I explained how these benefit you...
stop feigning this idiocy.
podium123456
podium123456
Mafia Scum
podium123456
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #263 (ISO) » Tue Nov 16, 2010 8:09 am

Post by podium123456 »

silverbullet999 wrote: I'm tired of explaining it to you repeating the same thing over and over.
No, what happens is i actually discuss your points, and show how they are incorrect/illogical. Instead of debating my rebuttals, you respond by simply repeating the original points again. That's why there is so much repetition.

It all really boils down to the fact that you said a true townie would have encouraged you to stay within the rules, and i have proven that i did. Text dont lie.
silverbullet999
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #264 (ISO) » Tue Nov 16, 2010 8:13 am

Funny thing, you didn't encourage me, you threatened me and basically (as repeated several times) heavily suggested to the mod that I be replaced or killed.
podium123456
podium123456
Mafia Scum
podium123456
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #265 (ISO) » Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:04 am

Post by podium123456 »

silverbullet999 wrote:Heh... in 1010 Enigma tried using ATE also to take away the argument as well.

Because in my recent games, where I've felt strongly that someone was scum for one reason or another, even when I have said I want someone lynched, I've been overall ignored.
What Enigma called AtE in 1012, wasn't really AtE. What i called AtE here, was.

And you implied that there have been multiple games in which you have pushed for a lynch, been ignored, and the person turned out to be scum... where else did this happen?

Furthermore, what does the fact that you were 'ignored' in that game, have to do with this game? On D1 in that game, your scum choice was also ignored by the town... he turned out to be a townie. Whoops.
silverbullet999 wrote: Funny thing, you didn't encourage me, you threatened me and basically (as repeated several times) heavily suggested to the mod that I be replaced or killed.
First of all, im not so sure there is really a difference between encouraging and threatening. (i encouraged you not to do it, informing you of the punishment you may face if you continued)

Secondly, lets try this a different way: What would be an example of me encouraging you not to do it?
Excedrin
Excedrin
Goon
Excedrin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #266 (ISO) » Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:14 am

Post by Excedrin »

Vote Count

podium123456 (2): silverbullet999, mishka
slowsilver (2): nopointinactingup, podium123456
mishka (2): Looker, werewolf555
silverbullet999 (2): slowsilver, TheBadOne

not voting: DavidParker
alive: 9 majority: 5
D1 Deadline: AD 2010-11-20 05:33:24.390 PM (Sat) Pacific Standard Time
0 weeks, 4 days, 5 hours, 21 minutes, 17 seconds
silverbullet999
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #267 (ISO) » Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:34 am

Actually, no it wasn't ATE.
And you implied that there have been multiple games in which you have pushed for a lynch, been ignored, and the person turned out to be scum... where else did this happen?
I'm not going to go through every game of mine and show you each spot where this has occurred.
Furthermore, what does the fact that you were 'ignored' in that game, have to do with this game? On D1 in that game, your scum choice was also ignored by the town... he turned out to be a townie. Whoops.
Yeah and he ended up fake claiming cop which heavily benefited scum and prevented enigma's lynching. I also pointed out his scum slip and he ended up lying more about it thus I was lead to believe he was who he was. Double Whoops?
Furthermore I want you lynched and I am explicitly making it known that I believe you or myself would be the best and most informative lynch for D1.
First of all, im not so sure there is really a difference between encouraging and threatening. (i encouraged you not to do it, informing you of the punishment you may face if you continued)
There is, encouraging someone is trying to persuade them through reason. Threatening someone is trying to persuade them through force.
What would be an example of me encouraging you not to do it?
Silver I would heavily suggest that you cease with the name calling as I have said before, I do not enjoy it... but not only that, you run the risk of the mod getting involved and replacing you, or worse killing you off which if you are somehow town would heavily hurt us.

Instead of literally crying to the mod and demanding action from the mod.

Lastly this argument is going in circles...
podium123456
podium123456
Mafia Scum
podium123456
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #268 (ISO) » Tue Nov 16, 2010 10:47 am

Post by podium123456 »

silverbullet999 wrote:
I'm not going to go through every game of mine and show you each spot where this has occurred.
translation: "I lied."
silverbullet999 wrote:
Yeah and he ended up fake claiming cop which heavily benefited scum and prevented enigma's lynching. I also pointed out his scum slip and he ended up lying more about it thus I was lead to believe he was who he was. Double Whoops?
That's totally irrelevant to the point i made.

In your 'case' to lynch me, you cited that game... in which you picked a scum for the lynch, but the town ignored you... so they shouldn't do that here. I pointed out that the same scenario happened when you picked a townie for the lynch... so what does that prove? What happened later on in the game has no bearing on this point.

Even if you hadn't done the same thing with a townie, it's a completely illogical reason to use to support my lynch. "hey guys, one of the reasons you should vote for podium is because i voted for a scum in another game" :roll:
podium123456
podium123456
Mafia Scum
podium123456
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #269 (ISO) » Tue Nov 16, 2010 10:50 am

Post by podium123456 »

silverbullet999 wrote: There is, encouraging someone is trying to persuade them through reason. Threatening someone is trying to persuade them through force.
I encouraged you to change your attitude, for the reason that you were breaking a rule, which may result in a modkill.

silverbullet999 wrote:
What would be an example of me encouraging you not to do it?
Silver I would heavily suggest that you cease with the name calling as I have said before, I do not enjoy it... but not only that, you run the risk of the mod getting involved and replacing you, or worse killing you off which if you are somehow town would heavily hurt us.
Holy god dude... i almost
literally
said the exact same things. Just in a different tone.

I gave you 3 chances to stop the name calling before i requested the mod replaced you... it's not my fault you were too much of a jerk to stop before that. I'm not going to let someone walk all over me... and i doubt you would either. There's nothing scummy about that.
silverbullet999
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #270 (ISO) » Tue Nov 16, 2010 1:03 pm

translation: "I lied."
no, I don't have the time to put in to finding every example of this in all my games, not even including just this site, where this has occurred, because believe it or not i have a life. You seem to have all the time in the world so if you actually took a look at my games you would see.
That's totally irrelevant to the point i made.
No it's not, because your ignoring my point completely. If he acts like scum and then lies further making me believe that they are scum, I'd want them lynched.
Even if you hadn't done the same thing with a townie, it's a completely illogical reason to use to support my lynch. "hey guys, one of the reasons you should vote for podium is because i voted for a scum in another game"
Way to twist my words scumbag, I'm saying I'm sick of people who I want lynched because I believe they are scum not being lynched because I didn't voice that I wanted them lynched loud enough. This is why I want either you or I to be the lynch for day 1. This is not, hey let's lynch you because my case on you is that my vote is on you and my vote has been in scum in previous games.
I gave you 3 chances to stop the name calling before i requested the mod replaced you
You requested mod action as soon as I said no. Stop with your lies and slander good sir.
Holy god dude... i almost literally said the exact same things. Just in a different tone.
What's that I hear.. a bull? wait no it just looks like a pile of shit... add it together and what do you got? BULLSHIT

Also please do not bring God into this argument, if you continue with that I'm going to have to bring the mod into action.
podium123456
podium123456
Mafia Scum
podium123456
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #271 (ISO) » Tue Nov 16, 2010 1:33 pm

Post by podium123456 »

silverbullet999 wrote:You seem to have all the time in the world so if you actually took a look at my games you would see.
Right... because you haven't been posting as much as i have. :roll:

If you make a claim, the burden of proof is on you. You said it happened in recent games, so it shouldn't be that hard for you to remember where it was... unless they don't exist.
silverbullet999 wrote:
I gave you 3 chances to stop the name calling before i requested the mod replaced you
You requested mod action as soon as I said no. Stop with your lies and slander good sir.
On your second instance, I said that if you
continued
i would request mod action. 3 chances to stop. Look it up... text dont lie.

silverbullet999 wrote: Also please do not bring God into this argument, if you continue with that I'm going to have to bring the mod into action.
Ok... so can i start saying that you are using a crybaby defense and hiding behind the mod to deflect pressure off of you, because you are immediately threatening me with mod intervention if i don't stop? Or does that only apply to me?

:roll:

That's how ridiculous your case is.
silverbullet999
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #272 (ISO) » Tue Nov 16, 2010 1:43 pm

Also please do not bring God into this argument, if you continue with that I'm going to have to bring the mod into action.
fail sarcasm is fail..
It takes me about 5 mins to make a new post... and that's it.
If you make a claim, the burden of proof is on you. You said it happened in recent games, so it shouldn't be that hard for you to remember where it was... unless they don't exist.
I'm not sure what the claim has anything to do with you being scum. I feel you are scum and in previous games I have not voiced my opinion of who I think the good lynch would be... I am however doing that in this game and am urging you or i to be the lynch. I am not going to go back and quote and tell you the post numbers of where this has occurred as that would take a ridiculous amount of time.

That's how ridiculous your case is.
Yes, go ahead keep saying that.. whatever makes you feel better.
silverbullet999
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #273 (ISO) » Tue Nov 16, 2010 1:51 pm

Forgot to address this
On your second instance, I said that if you continued i would request mod action. 3 chances to stop. Look it up... text dont lie.
Your tone suggested otherwise.
podium123456
podium123456
Mafia Scum
podium123456
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #274 (ISO) » Tue Nov 16, 2010 2:29 pm

Post by podium123456 »

silverbullet999 wrote: fail sarcasm is fail..
Good god.
silverbullet999 wrote:
It takes me about 5 mins to make a new post... and that's it.
Same. Irrelevant to the point i was making.

silverbullet999 wrote: I'm not sure what the claim has anything to do with you being scum. I am not going to go back and quote and tell you the post numbers of where this has occurred as that would take a ridiculous amount of time.
If you haven't done this in other games, then it was a lie when you said that you did. People that tell lies are scum. So, prove it.

And don't give me that BS excuse about it taking a ridiculous amount of time... it only takes a few minutes to go get the link. You found it a big enough deal to bring it up here and say you were 'tired of it happening in your recent games'... so show us where it has been happening, besides that game.
silverbullet999 wrote:
On your second instance, I said that if you continued i would request mod action. 3 chances to stop. Look it up... text dont lie.
Your tone suggested otherwise.
Lol... wut? What does tone have to do with what was said? I said that if you continued, i would ask for mod intervention. What are you talking about?

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”