Mini #1081 - SitMOA Mafia (Endgame... Congrats, winners!)

gandalf5166
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #225 (ISO) » Sat Nov 13, 2010 11:35 am

Post by gandalf5166 »

I never said townreads were useless. I said stating them in thread without any scumreads to go along with is scummy. And yes I know that ADB did the same thing, but I find chess scummier, so he can wait until tomorrow.
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #226 (ISO) » Sat Nov 13, 2010 11:37 am

Post by chesskid3 »

I'm not getting lynched....ever.....so ok boss.
Papa Zito - "Your signature has been blanked...we remove signatures at a users request if said signature references them, or if it quotes from a thread in the Speakeasy, which is not allowed without permission of the poster"
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #227 (ISO) » Sat Nov 13, 2010 11:51 am

Post by ThAdmiral »

andrew94 wrote:oops lol i made a mistake

getting town reads is useful, as there is the process of elimination = =
I see, agreed.
Don't ask me to provide self meta
Doombunny9
Doombunny9
Mafia Scum
Doombunny9
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #228 (ISO) » Sat Nov 13, 2010 12:58 pm

Post by Doombunny9 »

Adumbro wrote:Where?

Quote and link to post please.
Just realized I was thinking of something else, my bad XD
Adumbro wrote:Wait, you think asking you to take stances IS SCUMMY?

*facepalm*

Townpicks and scumpicks are important for stance analysis and useful information for town.
I DID tell you my scumpicks kthx. Townpicks don't help town all that much and are just guides telling maf who to kill.
Adumbro wrote:Reread... I explicitly put people on the wrong side of null and explained why, cause yea, nobody stands out to me as scummy enough to push further.
Slightly on the null side isn't good enough. Everyone knows at least one person who they have good scumreads on except you. Notice a problem?
Adumbro wrote:You seemed under the mistaken impression that RVS was over while most of the thread seemed to disagree, however it wasn't worth quibbling over so I didn't bother arguing with you.
chess is not most people. chess is one person. That is all.
Adumbro wrote:Asking question isn't how you scumhunt?

Then how DO you scumhunt praytell?
No, asking questions is scumhunting. JUST asking for scum/townreads isn't.
adumbro wrote:Nobody's made a large enough slip to push them further then that.
See above
Adumbro wrote:There IS a v/la thread you know, you'd do well to read it prior to accusing people of lurking.
Fair enough. I retract this point.
TA wrote:Why is not reading the thread scummy? How does not reading the thread help someone if they are scum?
It is a bs reason to vote someone, and an even more bs reason to justify your vote on someone.
I see your point. That wasn't my only reason for voting him however, again, read the thread.
TA wrote:Actually all of the last three points on my list were essentially the same, or at least in the same ballpark, and that is the point - when you write a list like you did it makes it seem you have more evidence than you do against someone, it is a way to manufacture weight behind your reasoning especially when you know the reasoning is weak.
So I could have said the exact same thing except not numbered or bulleted and it would be fine? Come on now, this is the most bullshit thing I've heard since people have tried to convince me that telling jokes are scumtells.
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #229 (ISO) » Sat Nov 13, 2010 2:40 pm

Post by ThAdmiral »

Doombunny9 wrote:So I could have said the exact same thing except not numbered or bulleted and it would be fine? Come on now, this is the most bullshit thing I've heard since people have tried to convince me that telling jokes are scumtells.
Let me put it another way: why do you think adumbro is scum?
If you have to make a list with a bunch of minor points against him to convince yourself and everyone else, then you don't have a strong case. And pushing a weak case, by making it seem like a strong case, is scummy.
AdumbroDeus
AdumbroDeus
Goon
AdumbroDeus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #230 (ISO) » Sat Nov 13, 2010 4:35 pm

Post by AdumbroDeus »

Doombunny9 wrote:
Adumbro wrote:Wait, you think asking you to take stances IS SCUMMY?

*facepalm*

Townpicks and scumpicks are important for stance analysis and useful information for town.
I DID tell you my scumpicks kthx. Townpicks don't help town all that much and are just guides telling maf who to kill.

I got news for you, it's pretty basic analysis to figure out who's the most trusted townie at the end of the day. Scum will figure it out if don't put the information out there.

However taking a stance on whose townie at various points during the day for a variety of different people makes it easier makes it much easier to analyze who has what reads, and probably more importantly, gives us a snapshot of makes it change by comparing townlists at various points of the day.

Actually, I just had this conversation with somebody I play with on smashboards a few days ago.
Adumbro wrote:Reread... I explicitly put people on the wrong side of null and explained why, cause yea, nobody stands out to me as scummy enough to push further.
Slightly on the null side isn't good enough. Everyone knows at least one person who they have good scumreads on except you. Notice a problem?
People being too quick to declare others scum?

While uncommon, winning games through process of elimination is a perfectly viable strategy when there are stand-out town tells, but no stand-out scum tells.
Adumbro wrote:You seemed under the mistaken impression that RVS was over while most of the thread seemed to disagree, however it wasn't worth quibbling over so I didn't bother arguing with you.
chess is not most people. chess is one person. That is all.
Didn't I quote another RVS post right above one? As well as the majority of posts before that? RVS stops when it stops, you're not the arbitrator of when RVS ends.
Adumbro wrote:Asking question isn't how you scumhunt?

Then how DO you scumhunt praytell?
No, asking questions is scumhunting. JUST asking for scum/townreads isn't.
Except that isn't all I was doing, but regardless asking people to take stances IS one of the most useful forms of information you can get. It's also a nice way of getting people who need to talk talking.

@gandalf

Answer my question.

VOTE: gandalf5166
andrew94
andrew94
Mafia Scum
andrew94
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #231 (ISO) » Sat Nov 13, 2010 4:45 pm

Post by andrew94 »

gandalf5166 wrote:I never said townreads were useless. I said stating them in thread without any scumreads to go along with is scummy. And yes I know that ADB did the same thing, but I find chess scummier, so he can wait until tomorrow.
imagine if you had all but 3/4 town reads- that would be useful, will it not?
adumbrodeus wheres the question for gandalf? i cant see it
i hate walls, i will only skim walls.
AdumbroDeus
AdumbroDeus
Goon
AdumbroDeus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #232 (ISO) » Sat Nov 13, 2010 5:28 pm

Post by AdumbroDeus »

andrew94 wrote:
gandalf5166 wrote:I never said townreads were useless. I said stating them in thread without any scumreads to go along with is scummy. And yes I know that ADB did the same thing, but I find chess scummier, so he can wait until tomorrow.
imagine if you had all but 3/4 town reads- that would be useful, will it not?
adumbrodeus wheres the question for gandalf? i cant see it
AdumbroDeus wrote:

gandalf5166 wrote:
andrew94 wrote:i have about 2 days v/la please.

i gotta say, wagon on chess looks oppurtunistic
Lol congrats, you can defend your scumbuddy.
Question, why?
This has been a standing question since the second post I made on this thread and he has yet to answer it.

Also, I'm not quite sure what you mean, but your post was an illustration since it obviously wasn't just chesskid who thought it was still RVS.
andrew94
andrew94
Mafia Scum
andrew94
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #233 (ISO) » Sat Nov 13, 2010 5:31 pm

Post by andrew94 »

^ i have no idea what ur last sentence means
i hate walls, i will only skim walls.
Doombunny9
Doombunny9
Mafia Scum
Doombunny9
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #234 (ISO) » Sat Nov 13, 2010 7:37 pm

Post by Doombunny9 »

TA wrote:Let me put it another way: why do you think adumbro is scum?
You're going to get the exact same answer as before whether I make it bulleted or not...
TA wrote:If you have to make a list with a bunch of minor points against him to convince yourself and everyone else, then you don't have a strong case. And pushing a weak case, by making it seem like a strong case, is scummy.
You keep saying this but you never actually explain it... I still have no idea how making a bulleted list is somehow scummy compared to saying the exact same thing unbulleted.

As an off note: HOW THE HELL IS VOTING SOMEONE FOR MAKING A BULLETED LIST A 'STRONG CASE'?

@Adumbro- I feel fine not helping scum out kthx. I'll tell you everyone eho I have at least slight scumreads on adn ou can figure out who I'm getting town/null reads on from there:

In no real order: You, chess, veko, Andrew, TA
Adumbro wrote:People being too quick to declare others scum?

While uncommon, winning games through process of elimination is a perfectly viable strategy when there are stand-out town tells, but no stand-out scum tells.
But the thing is there ARE scum tells. Somehow you seem to be failing to look for them. I'm going to request something from you: reread the thread and tell me who your top 3 scumreads are no matter how slight the reads you have on them are.
Adumbro wrote:Didn't I quote another RVS post right above one? As well as the majority of posts before that? RVS stops when it stops, you're not the arbitrator of when RVS ends.
At the time of your post plenty of people were making serious votes. How you connected serious votes to "OMG ITS STILL RVS TIME" I fail to understand (Wait a minute... Why the fuck are we still on this? We should have stopped talking about when the RVS ended a long, long time ago)

@Adumbro- How scummy do you find Gandalf? Is your vote a vote you plan on keeping or just a pressure vote to get him to talk?
Adumbro wrote:Except that isn't all I was doing,
Oh yes, asking one other question and calling out chess for being dumbtown... How could I have missed these earth shattering breakthroughs in scumhunting >.>
Adumbro wrote:but regardless asking people to take stances IS one of the most useful forms of information you can get. It's also a nice way of getting people who need to talk talking.
If I remember correctly the only person you asked who needed to talk was Kat...
Adumbro wrote:Also, I'm not quite sure what you mean, but your post was an illustration since it obviously wasn't just chesskid who thought it was still RVS.
Andrew knew roughly when the RVS ended. I have no idea what you're talking about.
Narsis
Narsis
Goon
Narsis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #235 (ISO) » Sat Nov 13, 2010 7:55 pm

Post by Narsis »

chesskid3 wrote:I'm not getting lynched....ever.....so ok boss.
over confident much?
Record:
Town: 1W/3L

Mafia: 1W/0L

Other: 0W/0L
Riceballtail
Riceballtail
Mafia Scum
Riceballtail
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #236 (ISO) » Sat Nov 13, 2010 8:08 pm

Post by Riceballtail »

chesskid3 wrote:I'm not getting lynched....ever.....so ok boss.
Is your fakeclaim that good?
Þç¬ÕêåÒéÆÞ¿▒ÒüòÒü¬ÒüìÒéâõ╗ûÕàÑÒééÞ¿▒ÒüøÒü¬Òüä

Proud owner of Mafiascum's First Next Great Restaurant :D
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #237 (ISO) » Sat Nov 13, 2010 8:49 pm

Post by chesskid3 »

RBT, planning on contributing ever, or should I stop waiting?

Narsis, nice contribution as well. Comments on the last 2 pages?
Papa Zito - "Your signature has been blanked...we remove signatures at a users request if said signature references them, or if it quotes from a thread in the Speakeasy, which is not allowed without permission of the poster"
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #238 (ISO) » Sat Nov 13, 2010 9:01 pm

Post by chesskid3 »

Unvote

Vote: RBT

That stays until there is some content. Narsis gets a pass for today, apparently.
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #239 (ISO) » Sat Nov 13, 2010 9:02 pm

Post by ThAdmiral »

Doombunny9 wrote:
TA wrote:I still have no idea how making a bulleted list is somehow scummy compared to saying the exact same thing unbulleted.

As an off note: HOW THE HELL IS VOTING SOMEONE FOR MAKING A BULLETED LIST A 'STRONG CASE'?
You are misrepping the fuck out of this situation. It is NOT because your list was bulleted. It's because your lists was a bunch of bs to justify your vote. You were clearly clawing desperately to anything you could to make your case seem bigger and better than it was, and the reason you felt you needed to justify it so much is because
you knew it was bs because you are scum
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #240 (ISO) » Sat Nov 13, 2010 9:02 pm

Post by ThAdmiral »

@ chesskid: thoughts on doombunny?
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #241 (ISO) » Sat Nov 13, 2010 9:04 pm

Post by chesskid3 »

One of him and Darkhorse is scum, but I have them all mixed up in my head. I'll look through which is which tomorrow, heading off to bed in a few.
RBT needs pressure though.
vezokpiraka
vezokpiraka
Jack of All Trades
vezokpiraka
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #242 (ISO) » Sat Nov 13, 2010 9:40 pm

Post by vezokpiraka »

unvote
vote RBT

chesskid is correct.
Windows hasn't detected any keyboard. Press Enter.
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #243 (ISO) » Sun Nov 14, 2010 12:52 am

Post by ThAdmiral »

@ vezokpiraka: I guess answering my questions in the other post would have required you to type too much then.
Dark Horse
Dark Horse
Goon
Dark Horse
Goon
Goon

Post Post #244 (ISO) » Sun Nov 14, 2010 3:54 am

Post by Dark Horse »

vezokpiraka wrote:
unvote
vote RBT

chesskid is correct.
Elaborate. Until then,
Unvote, vote: VP
Snow_Bunny
Snow_Bunny
Mafia Scum
Snow_Bunny
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #245 (ISO) » Sun Nov 14, 2010 4:01 am

Post by Snow_Bunny »

Votecount - Discussion heats up

gandalf5166 (1) - AdumbroDeus
malthusis (1) - andrew94
Riceballtail (2) - chesskid3, vezokpiraka
ThAdmiral (0) -
Narsis (0) -
Dark Horse (0) -
chesskid3 (1) - gandalf5166
Doombunny9 (1) - ThAdmiral
vezokpiraka (3) - Riceballtail, Narsis, Dark Horse,
andrew94 (0) -
Katsuki (0) -
AdumbroDeus (2) - Katsuki, Doombunny9

Not voting (1) - malthusis

With 12 alive, it takes 7 to lynch.

Deadline is on at November 22nd midnight.
Taking a long break from mafia games.

In honor of Erika Furudo, my first scum win (Umineko Mafia).
vezokpiraka
vezokpiraka
Jack of All Trades
vezokpiraka
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #246 (ISO) » Sun Nov 14, 2010 4:50 am

Post by vezokpiraka »

Guys stop voting me. You will find a confirmed town Vezok at the end of the line..

Also I am vezok not VP.
Windows hasn't detected any keyboard. Press Enter.
Doombunny9
Doombunny9
Mafia Scum
Doombunny9
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #247 (ISO) » Sun Nov 14, 2010 5:02 am

Post by Doombunny9 »

TA wrote:
when you write a list like you did
it makes it seem you have more evidence than you do against someone, it is a way to manufacture weight behind your reasoning especially when you know the reasoning is weak.
TA wrote:
For using lists with lots of points on it
to make it seem like they have a much better case than they actually have!
TA wrote:You are misrepping the fuck out of this situation. It is NOT because your list was bulleted. It's because your lists was a bunch of bs to justify your vote. You were clearly clawing desperately to anything you could to make your case seem bigger and better than it was, and the reason you felt you needed to justify it so much is because you knew it was bs because you are scum.
I'm oh so sorry for thinking that "Writing lists like you did" and "Using lists with a lot of points" means "BS reasons". I just looked back and all my reasons were valid. Care to explain how they are not?
VP (HAR!) wrote:Guys stop voting me. You will find a confirmed town Vezok at the end of the line..
What a convincing arguement! Now cut the crap and contribute something helpful.

/is THIS close to voting VP despite the fact that she will apperantly be confirmed and is named vezo and not VP
Dark Horse
Dark Horse
Goon
Dark Horse
Goon
Goon

Post Post #248 (ISO) » Sun Nov 14, 2010 5:04 am

Post by Dark Horse »

vezokpiraka wrote:Guys stop voting me. You will find a confirmed town Vezok at the end of the line..

Also I am vezok not VP.
Such a convincing argument, VP.
If you're town, then act like it.
Doombunny9
Doombunny9
Mafia Scum
Doombunny9
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #249 (ISO) » Sun Nov 14, 2010 5:05 am

Post by Doombunny9 »

Actually I changed my mind.