Hydra Mafia (Day 4, I can't think of a clever title!)

Mr Smith
Mr Smith
Goon
Mr Smith
Goon
Goon

Post Post #425 (ISO) » Tue Nov 09, 2010 12:38 am

Post by Mr Smith »

IceCream wrote:Hi guys.
I'm Ice.
And VP Baltar is scum
Unvote.Vote:Crab Canon
You are right. You are so right. Faranor is scum too, so on this moment I need to think a little more. Know that you have my support, and if I think it is a good idea, we are on the wagon.
"Still using all the muscles except the one that matters?"
bv310
bv310
Mafia Scum
bv310
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #426 (ISO) » Tue Nov 09, 2010 1:55 am

Post by bv310 »

Mr Smith wrote:
bv310 wrote:
You think that's bad, you should see how long I take to do Vote Counts. I get distracted easily.
if the whole game stops posting for 48 hours, will this game get abandoned?
No, but I'll get quite annoyed and send a very rude prod to everyone. :P

Anyway, this space reserved for a vote count, to be done when I get out of class. (which is either 10am or 7pm, depending on a few factors.)
Pineapple
Pineapple
Townie
Pineapple
Townie
Townie

Post Post #427 (ISO) » Tue Nov 09, 2010 2:23 am

Post by Pineapple »

Hey everybody, I just replaced into this game. I will be reading an commenting shortly.
Crab Canon
Crab Canon
Goon
Crab Canon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #428 (ISO) » Tue Nov 09, 2010 2:42 am

Post by Crab Canon »

Still fine with my vote where it is, though PP is starting to annoying me with their non-contribution. Smith playing activity monitor is LOL considering how generally useless they've been today. IceCream vote is also LOL and appears to largely be based out of me repeatedly bringing their name up with Pineapple. This game is really boring.

@Smith - why bowser over PP?
Currently a VP Baltar/Juls Hydra
Mr Smith
Mr Smith
Goon
Mr Smith
Goon
Goon

Post Post #429 (ISO) » Tue Nov 09, 2010 3:57 am

Post by Mr Smith »

Nobody's doing anything anyways.
Nice smear campaign you got going there.
Bowser is scummier than PP. It's pretty obvious. Stop trying to get me off your buddy and onto a townie.
This game really is boring.
Bowser
Bowser
Mafia Scum
Bowser
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #430 (ISO) » Tue Nov 09, 2010 7:40 am

Post by Bowser »

Mr Smith wrote:Bowser is scummier than PP.
Why?
Mr Smith wrote:@Bowser: unvote, vote: Bowser. Why I ever changed this vote is beyond me.
Why are you voting for us?
Mr Smith wrote:Can you tell us why
1. You're not scum?
Why are we scum?

You're doing a whole lot of telling and not a whole lot of showing. Your case doesn't get any better by virtue of repetition. Could it be because you're playing the angry card in hopes that people will just not argue with you? I'm growing concerned that maybe Pineapple isn't scum and Smith is, and is trying to be the angry townie so we're impressed with his seemingly prescient read on Pineapple. I've seen that tactic used by scum before.

I want to give Pineapple's new head some breathing room, so
unvote Pineapple
It's
BOWSER TIME!
SMBMIIIS: The War on Bleck's Army
is coming to a Mini Theme queue near you! 0/6 pre-in's taken.
MasterSpy
MasterSpy
Townie
MasterSpy
Townie
Townie

Post Post #431 (ISO) » Tue Nov 09, 2010 7:58 am

Post by MasterSpy »

First this is responding to Mass Prod. I am the first to admit that my energy for this game has been less than impressive.

General thoughts
– WhiteSpy and I are currently at a general impasse as to who we suspect the most. Those I have the most suspicion of WhiteSpy feels are Town. In general I think we are not going to get any significant Scum combined reads today.

That said I’ll have a vote for out slot down by the end of this post.
Bowser wrote:I guess I should start by weighing in on the #1 lynch candidate for today.
So you felt the need to weigh-in on the number 1 candidate of others as opposed to someone you felt was scum?

I find post 391 very self-serving - you weigh in on the popular lynch of the Day. You ISO them and surprise, surprise find them scummy.
Bowser wrote:Pineapple has been acting legitimately scummy. I'm allowed to want a claim. As are the other people on the wagon, which reminds me.
Pineapple is at L-1, meaning that half of the players in the game want that slot to swing. Sounds like a reasonable amount of suspicion to warrant a claim to me.
It’s great that you want a claim. That said claims aren’t made because you want someone to. Claims are made to prevent mislynches on Town PRs. And they are made when a player at L-1 has been threatened with being lynched by another player not on the wagon. Your reasonable suspicion is noted and all but really isn’t relevant to the situation.
Bowser wrote:You're doing a whole lot of telling and not a whole lot of showing. Your case doesn't get any better by virtue of repetition. Could it be because you're playing the angry card in hopes that people will just not argue with you? I'm growing concerned that maybe Pineapple isn't scum and Smith is, and is trying to be the angry townie so we're impressed with his seemingly prescient read on Pineapple. I've seen that tactic used by scum before.

I want to give Pineapple's new head some breathing room, so unvote Pineapple
So you went to the trouble of doing an extensive read on Pineapple that made you happy they were a good lynch. Then you call for a claim repeatedly. Now suddenly you are doubting that read? Yeah, I’m not really thrilled with this move towards a 180 from you.
Faranor wrote:I'm basing those reads on wagon position and prior suspicions only.
Wagon position is highly over-rated as a tell.

[qutoe="Ice"]And VP Baltar is scum
Unvote.Vote:Crab Canon[/quote]

Why? And is Oj not scum? Why single out VP?

On to the our vote

Yesterday Pineapple was one of my top scum suspects. The lack of input and zero scum-hunting combined with the hammer was bad. That said today I’m beginning to doubt my read. Pineapple has made better contributions today than a number of other Hydra and the fact that no significant counter-wagon has yet to appear makes me think they are likely slacker Town players who make a nice easy target.

VOTE: Prof Paradox

I’m personally less than thrilled with Bowser’s play but PP had done nothing other than a stupid, pointless gambit all game. Elli certainly is known to lurk as scum, IMO. Also this is the closest to a joint read we have.

On other issues

Part of our impass is the disagreement between where to look for scum – on or off the bv311 wagon.

I am of the opinion (as stated before) that looking off the wagon is going to be more productive. WhiteSpy disagrees based on reads of those on the wagon.

~ The BlackSpy
Bowser
Bowser
Mafia Scum
Bowser
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #432 (ISO) » Tue Nov 09, 2010 8:32 am

Post by Bowser »

MasterSpy wrote:
Bowser wrote:I guess I should start by weighing in on the #1 lynch candidate for today.
So you felt the need to weigh-in on the number 1 candidate of others as opposed to someone you felt was scum?

I find post 391 very self-serving - you weigh in on the popular lynch of the Day. You ISO them and surprise, surprise find them scummy.
You know as well as I do that if I hadn't commented on the Pineapple case, I would have gotten shit for it. He was the popular lynch candidate, so rather than riding the bandwagon, I went back and read his play. I found it scummy. Would you have been happier if I had
a. tried to refute it
b. ignored it
c. tried to create another wagon?
d. just hopped on and said "WOOO. GO WAGON GOOOOOOOO!"
What, exactly, is the problem with finding a scummy player scummy? I notice you don't have a problem with my actual case, just the fact that I made it.
MasterSpy wrote:
Bowser wrote:Pineapple has been acting legitimately scummy. I'm allowed to want a claim. As are the other people on the wagon, which reminds me.
Pineapple is at L-1, meaning that half of the players in the game want that slot to swing. Sounds like a reasonable amount of suspicion to warrant a claim to me.
It’s great that you want a claim. That said claims aren’t made because you want someone to. Claims are made to prevent mislynches on Town PRs. And they are made when a player at L-1 has been threatened with being lynched by another player not on the wagon. Your reasonable suspicion is noted and all but really isn’t relevant to the situation.
Again, I'm allowed to ask for a claim on an L-1 wagon. I felt that the wagon was full steam enough to warrant a claim. If Pineapple doesn't want to claim and wants to argue out of the wagon instead, why don't you let them do the arguing themselves?
MasterSpy wrote:
Bowser wrote:You're doing a whole lot of telling and not a whole lot of showing. Your case doesn't get any better by virtue of repetition. Could it be because you're playing the angry card in hopes that people will just not argue with you? I'm growing concerned that maybe Pineapple isn't scum and Smith is, and is trying to be the angry townie so we're impressed with his seemingly prescient read on Pineapple. I've seen that tactic used by scum before.

I want to give Pineapple's new head some breathing room, so unvote Pineapple
So you went to the trouble of doing an extensive read on Pineapple that made you happy they were a good lynch. Then you call for a claim repeatedly. Now suddenly you are doubting that read? Yeah, I’m not really thrilled with this move towards a 180 from you.
Maybe I was unclear, but I still think Pineapple is scummy. However, after I had made those posts I said "woah, hold on a sec, maybe Pineapple isn't scum, because I'm seeing stuff I don't like from another slot that leads me to believe that maybe Pineapple isn't scum at all". Would it be better if I saw that and ignored it? Or, better yet, saw it and mentioned it, but kept my Pineapple vote where it was? We can still lynch Pineapple if his counterargument isn't good, I just wanted to help prevent a possible mislynch.
MasterSpy wrote:Yesterday Pineapple was one of my top scum suspects. The lack of input and zero scum-hunting combined with the hammer was bad. That said today I’m beginning to doubt my read. Pineapple has made better contributions today than a number of other Hydra and the fact that no significant counter-wagon has yet to appear makes me think they are likely slacker Town players who make a nice easy target.
But wait, didn't you just say that me doubting my read was scummy? Why is it ok for you do that and not me?

<3,
Untrod
It's
BOWSER TIME!
bv310
bv310
Mafia Scum
bv310
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #433 (ISO) » Tue Nov 09, 2010 10:15 am

Post by bv310 »

D2's third official vote count!

Pineapple (L-3): Faranor, Chimaira, Crab Canon
Bowser (L-5): Mr. Smith
Crab Canon (L-5): IceCream
Professor Paradox (L-5): MasterSpy

Not Voting: Professor Paradox, TomAndJerry

With 10 alive, it will take 6 to lynch, 5 to no-lynch.

Don't forget, deadline is in a week. That is Tuesday, November 16 at about 3pm. (actual deadline is noon, but I'm in class then)
Professor Paradox
Professor Paradox
Townie
Professor Paradox
Townie
Townie

Post Post #434 (ISO) » Tue Nov 09, 2010 12:33 pm

Post by Professor Paradox »

I got suddenly busy due to exams, so that's why I didn't pick up.
Responding to prod.

pacman
TomAndJerry
TomAndJerry
Townie
TomAndJerry
Townie
Townie

Post Post #435 (ISO) » Tue Nov 09, 2010 12:59 pm

Post by TomAndJerry »

Responding to prod, will read up later

~Tom
Faranor
Faranor
Goon
Faranor
Goon
Goon

Post Post #436 (ISO) » Tue Nov 09, 2010 4:13 pm

Post by Faranor »

We think that Crab Canon is town, but I think that Ice's vote on CC is townish. QUICK FARADAY, TO THE QTMOBILE
Faranor
Faranor
Goon
Faranor
Goon
Goon

Post Post #437 (ISO) » Wed Nov 10, 2010 1:58 am

Post by Faranor »

^ OKAY ROBIN.

Bower's prob not scum with Pineapple, so town.

@Spy where have you seen Elli lurk as scum?
Chimaira
Chimaira
Goon
Chimaira
Goon
Goon

Post Post #438 (ISO) » Wed Nov 10, 2010 2:17 am

Post by Chimaira »

I'm still here and I still think Pineapple should be lynched. They still haven't provided anything in the way of scum hunting today, plus their defense has been awful so far.

~Sotty
Alt of that one guy with the face and stuff.
IceCream
IceCream
Townie
IceCream
Townie
Townie

Post Post #439 (ISO) » Wed Nov 10, 2010 9:01 pm

Post by IceCream »

@Smith: Why is Faranor scum?
@MasterSpy: Because I've never played with Oj
VP is scum because of his overall level of commitment, his tendency to start off the game actively and lay low later on. I also have a scum vibe coming from his posts by the level of content that he's producing.

~Ice.
Crab Canon
Crab Canon
Goon
Crab Canon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #440 (ISO) » Thu Nov 11, 2010 12:29 am

Post by Crab Canon »

nopoint wrote:@MasterSpy: Because I've never played with Oj
VP is scum because of his overall level of commitment, his tendency to start off the game actively and lay low later on. I also have a scum vibe coming from his posts by the level of content that he's producing.
haha, this is rich. So you're claiming meta of me? Weren't you one of the people that didn't want to name claim because of meta reasons? Also, if this is nopoint, you have no idea what my meta is. Sorry, but that's the truth. Is this the bulk of your case or do you actually have anything in thread to go on?
Mr Smith
Mr Smith
Goon
Mr Smith
Goon
Goon

Post Post #441 (ISO) » Thu Nov 11, 2010 9:48 am

Post by Mr Smith »

IceCream wrote:@Smith: Why is Faranor scum?
@MasterSpy: Because I've never played with Oj

~Ice.
3 parts lurking, 2 parts gut and a sniff of meta.

But that wagon isn't taking of anyway, and you are right. I also don't like how crabby is avoiding all this.
unvote vote Crab
Crab Canon
Crab Canon
Goon
Crab Canon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #442 (ISO) » Thu Nov 11, 2010 10:48 am

Post by Crab Canon »

What am I avoiding exactly?
bv310
bv310
Mafia Scum
bv310
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #443 (ISO) » Thu Nov 11, 2010 1:33 pm

Post by bv310 »

Attention: I will be PMing each person separately today. If you do not reply to this PM within 24 hours, you will be replaced. If both heads of a hydra fail to answer, they will be modkilled. This level of activity is absolutely ridiculous, given that there are 20 people in this game. If more than one quarter of all living players require replacement, I will be calling this game abandoned, as that will be over half of the total original players replaced.
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #444 (ISO) » Thu Nov 11, 2010 1:35 pm

Post by Parama »

bv310 wrote:
If both heads of a hydra fail to answer, they will be modkilled.
If anyone is modkilled because of activity, you'll need to replace me.
Too lazy to get onto the hydra just to post this.
Show
Ever wanted a playlist full of a lot of music I really dig? Here you go.

RateYourMusic page because song contests are like the only reason I'm still here.

GET TO KNOW ME

I basically post like I'm always on twitter, ignore my spamminess.
bv310
bv310
Mafia Scum
bv310
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #445 (ISO) » Thu Nov 11, 2010 1:55 pm

Post by bv310 »

Hopefully it won't come to that.

You know, if you have time to post this, you have time to post in the game. ;)
Bowser
Bowser
Mafia Scum
Bowser
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #446 (ISO) » Thu Nov 11, 2010 9:42 pm

Post by Bowser »

In other news, Pineapple is still a great lynch for today.

If nothing else, the flip will tell us something about the people who are opposing the wagon.
It's
BOWSER TIME!
Mr Smith
Mr Smith
Goon
Mr Smith
Goon
Goon

Post Post #447 (ISO) » Thu Nov 11, 2010 10:37 pm

Post by Mr Smith »

Crab Canon wrote:What am I avoiding exactly?
OMG, you are doing it again!
Crab Canon
Crab Canon
Goon
Crab Canon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #448 (ISO) » Fri Nov 12, 2010 1:36 am

Post by Crab Canon »

It's your play IceCream. You're kind of holding up the show here. I'd also like you to explain your switch from Pineapple to me in great detail. I presume this means you don't think Pineapple is scum now?
MasterSpy
MasterSpy
Townie
MasterSpy
Townie
Townie

Post Post #449 (ISO) » Fri Nov 12, 2010 5:00 am

Post by MasterSpy »

Bowser wrote:You know as well as I do that if I hadn't commented on the Pineapple case, I would have gotten shit for it. He was the popular lynch candidate, so rather than riding the bandwagon, I went back and read his play. I found it scummy. Would you have been happier if I had
a. tried to refute it
b. ignored it
c. tried to create another wagon?
d. just hopped on and said "WOOO. GO WAGON GOOOOOOOO!"
What, exactly, is the problem with finding a scummy player scummy? I notice you don't have a problem with my actual case, just the fact that I made it.
Doing something only because you will ‘get shit for it’ if you don’t shows a survival motivation in your actions.

I would have been happier if you had simply read the thread and made a case for who you thought was scummiest, not who was the most popular wagon. The way you approached it (finding the top wagon, constructing a ‘case’ that really had already been made, and then hammering for a claim) looks like you were just attempting to manage perception that you weren’t doing D.

The problem certainly isn’t with finding someone scummy. It’s with my view you aren’t really scum-hunting but faking it.
Bowser wrote:Again, I'm allowed to ask for a claim on an L-1 wagon. I felt that the wagon was full steam enough to warrant a claim. If Pineapple doesn't want to claim and wants to argue out of the wagon instead, why don't you let them do the arguing themselves?
You are allowed to do all sorts of useless things in thread. That doesn’t make them Pro-Town or useful for scum-hunting. Pointing out that your request wasn’t made under normal claiming standards on site and looks like role-fishing is something that should be done, regardless of who you were addressing.
Bowser wrote:But wait, didn't you just say that me doubting my read was scummy? Why is it ok for you do that and not me?
The fact that my read changed over the course of several weeks and your suddenly changed in, what, 3 days means that they are very different processes.
Bowser wrote:In other news, Pineapple is still a great lynch for today.

If nothing else, the flip will tell us something about the people who are opposing the wagon.
And it is interesting that the flip couldn’t possible tell us anything about the motivation of those pushing the wagon.
Faranor wrote:@Spy where have you seen Elli lurk as scum?
That’s my impression from past games I have seen Elli in. Given the commitment level to this game by everyone I’m not really thrilled to do heavy meta research given the scumtastic lack of anything Prof Paradox (which also includes pacman) has provided.

Prof Paradox’s continued lack of anything remotely resembling content should be plenty of reason to vote him. Get with it Hydras.

Not sure if I am flying solo again.

~The Black Spy

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”