Newbie 1026 - Day 3

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
silverbullet999
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #150 (ISO) » Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:28 pm

Post by silverbullet999 »

OK, this has dominated the thread enough... and i have no desire to keep trying to decipher what you are trying to say. If an outside party wants me to address something that has been discussed, feel free to request it.
How are you still trying to decipher something when I didn't even use my style on my latest response... (unless you count *laughs at your constant feign of idiocy*)?
This feigning is annoying to say the least bud.
Also calling me a stupid bastard and criticizing someone's spelling, has no place on these forums... and breaks the golden rule of this game's rule-set. You will be lucky if the mod doesn't replace you... and if he doesn't, i suggest you change your attitude.
podium... you really need to lighten up.
A. you keep threatening that I will be immediately replaced... yet for what? Arguing with you? For calling you what your avatar is?
Have you not played on these forums before? Do you not realize this happens frequently?
B. HOW IN THE WORLD DOES ME STATING... way to fail at spelling... not belong in these forums?!
C. I don't appreciate threats at all.. when you speak as a mod (when you of course are not)... I take it as an incredibly low attempt to diverge pressure off of you. It's not gonna work and you lose respect for even trying that.

You need to take a few shots bud... something's on you... whether it's pressure of being in your scum spot and me pressuring you.. or something unrelated to this game.
... People were right it seems....
silverbullet999
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #151 (ISO) » Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:50 pm

*to continue my rant*

I mean if you were a noob and this was your first game.. I'd be a little more merciful.. but you said yourself you played (I believe it was) 9 games already here and already your speaking for the mod demanding me be replaced... for calling you a jackass because that's your avatar (a really stupid looking donkey)... and then calling you a stupid bastard when you take it the wrong way.

I mean same logic applied with mine.. should I be pissed if you called me arctic wolf or wolf instead of silverbullet?

I mean... hell you are like a big crybaby and my guess is your acting like this cause you don't like the pressure. There's been MUCH worse name calling and other such things where mods have warned people to lighten up or actions would be taken. My first game this occurred several times, once with me and then another with another user who was DOWNRIGHT BRUTAL and PERSONAL (though humorous). My latest game with enigma... (please see my sig) had some brutal name calling going back and fourth between me and him.

Seriously 9 games you have played and you're demanding replacement from me calling you jackass? As I said above.. incredibly low blow to deter pressure from you in my opinion.
podium123456
podium123456
Mafia Scum
podium123456
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #152 (ISO) » Mon Nov 08, 2010 3:20 pm

Post by podium123456 »

silverbullet999 wrote: How are you still trying to decipher something when I didn't even use my style on my latest response... (unless you count *laughs at your constant feign of idiocy*)?
This feigning is annoying to say the least bud.
Because in addition to your 'style', your arguments have been mixed up/confusing also... as i have pointed out several times. Unless an outside party wants something cleared up, continuing the discussion would add nothing to the game... as i really dont care if you vote for me or not.

Also, multiple people have been confused by your 'style' and language, so you can drop the 'feigning' bit. I'm pleased to see that you have taken our advice, however. Thanks.
silverbullet999
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #153 (ISO) » Mon Nov 08, 2010 3:28 pm

Donkey
--
Also, multiple people have been confused by your 'style' and language, so you can drop the 'feigning' bit. I'm pleased to see that you have taken our advice, however. Thanks.
1. BS I know your feigning
2. 2 people is not what i would call multiple
Because in addition to your 'style', your arguments have been mixed up/confusing also... as i have pointed out several times. Unless an outside party wants something cleared up, continuing the discussion would add nothing to the game... as i really dont care if you vote for me or not.
1. Where in my previous posts are you somehow confused?
2. You did not state multiple times that unless an outside party wants something cleared up you will no longer continue the discussion. You have only posted it once. Your exaggeration and lies are damning you in my eyes.
3. Thank you for dropping the crybaby defense, you almost had earned a spot on my sig. However your refusal to even refute it (or acknowledge it) leads me to believe I was all the more correct.

*Still wants you dead now more than ever*
podium123456
podium123456
Mafia Scum
podium123456
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #154 (ISO) » Mon Nov 08, 2010 3:45 pm

Post by podium123456 »

silverbullet999 wrote:*to continue my rant*
Let me break this down for you, since you are having such a hard time understanding it.

You are trying to be cute, and take advantage of the 'loophole' that exists in this situation. We all know that jackass is a derogatory term (even though you are apparently 'feigning ignorance' of this fact), and
that
is why you chose that word. I didn't immediately say that the mod should remove you, if you remember, I asked you not to do it... and you replied with a smartass comment. If someone gives you the courtesy of asking you not to do something first, dont be surprised if they up the ante when you tell them you wont stop.

You continued to push the envelope by calling me a 'stupid bastard', and unnecessarily pointing out a typo that someone else made with a troll post. Now you want to say that i'm a 'crybaby' because i suggested that you might be modkilled for making personal attacks. Do you know why i said that? It's because it takes all i can do to keep from telling you exactly what i think of you, and exactly where you can get off. I am no stranger to that type of discourse, and I am not one to mince words... if i speak freely, i can guarantee you that the mod would have a grade A shitstorm on his hands. Because this is a newbie game, i chose to handle it in the fashion i did.

Are there games on this site where people can get into flame-fests with each other? Yup. Would i partake in one? Maybe. But this isn't one.

So you have a pretty easy decision to make... either stop making insulting/derogatory comments, or face the punishment.
podium123456
podium123456
Mafia Scum
podium123456
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #155 (ISO) » Mon Nov 08, 2010 3:58 pm

Post by podium123456 »

silverbullet999 wrote: 2. 2 people is not what i would call multiple
4 people have said that you are confusing, and that is what i would call multiple.

silverbullet999 wrote: 2. You did not state multiple times that unless an outside party wants something cleared up you will no longer continue the discussion. You have only posted it once. Your exaggeration and lies are damning you in my eyes.
Try reading that quote again. This time, pay attention to the punctuation.
silverbullet999
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #156 (ISO) » Mon Nov 08, 2010 4:37 pm

-The retarded looking Donkey (or in spanish.. jackass)
----
i suggested that you might be modkilled for making personal attacks.
Actually no... you suggested that I would be replaced immediately.
Because this is a newbie game, i chose to handle it in the fashion i did.
1. Ummm.. most of the stories I just told.. were in newbie games
2. Let me correct what you meant, Because this is a newbie game, i choose to handle it by trying a crybaby defense and threatening that you would be replaced even though i'm not the mod, this way you would stop pressuring me.
So you have a pretty easy decision to make... either stop making insulting/derogatory comments, or face the punishment.
Again why would I be so heavily punished for calling you your avatar or making a snide comment here or there? It's not like i'm going F*** YOU, YOU F*** FA**** YOU STUPID CO*******.
Also please stop being a mod... you are not one.. this defense is low. If excedrin doesn't want this.. (which he very well may not, i don't have a damn clue) I am MORE than certain we would hear from him and I would be warned.
Try reading that quote again. This time, pay attention to the punctuation.
Ah.. damn it. fuck you lol. I'll give you that one, though i'm going to blame it on your confusing style of writing.
4 people have said that you are confusing, and that is what i would call multiple.
I only noted 2... give me post numbas.
Excedrin
Excedrin
Goon
Excedrin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #157 (ISO) » Mon Nov 08, 2010 6:53 pm

Post by Excedrin »

Vote Count

podium123456 (1): silverbullet999
slowsilver (2): werewolf555, nopointinactingup
Trainedmonkey (1): Looker
TheBadOne (1): Trainedmonkey
silverbullet999 (3): slowsilver, podium123456, TheBadOne

not voting: Domination3000
alive: 9 majority: 5
D1 Deadline: AD 2010-11-20 05:33:24.390 PM (Sat) Pacific Standard Time
1 weeks, 4 days, 19 hours, 39 minutes, 50 seconds

silverbullet999, chill with the:
silverbullet999 wrote:*is heavily tempted to address you as jackass... in honor of your avatar*
silverbullet999 wrote: You are retaliating against me for voting you...

jackass
silverbullet999 wrote: *jackass is not being meant in an offensive way... if you change your avatar than it will cease*
It doesn't matter how you meant it, what matters is how he took it.
silverbullet999 wrote: I was being serious you stupid bastard.
"stupid bastard" is clearly not related to his avatar.
silverbullet999 wrote: Ah.. damn it. fuck you lol.
This is your only warning, you'll be modkilled (in the standard way that maximizes pain for your faction) if it continues. Please don't try to find where the line is. Keep it civil.
silverbullet999
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #158 (ISO) » Mon Nov 08, 2010 7:38 pm

bah your no fun... letting the crybaby fortify his defense.
silverbullet999
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #159 (ISO) » Mon Nov 08, 2010 7:43 pm

Oh hey i didn't realize the responses to each.
It doesn't matter how you meant it, what matters is how he took it.
Well I'm gonna be offended if he calls me anything other than silverbullet999... so please note that down.
"stupid bastard" is clearly not related to his avatar.
true
This is your only warning, you'll be modkilled (in the standard way that maximizes pain for your faction) if it continues. Please don't try to find where the line is. Keep it civil.
This ironically further cements my idea that pod is scum...
silverbullet999
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #160 (ISO) » Mon Nov 08, 2010 8:00 pm

An Explanation of why this is so
This ironically further cements my idea that pod is scum...
Pod has threatened that I will get replaced (pressure goes off of him) ... and then a bit later he changes it to modkilled (hurts the town).
He's basically even said I'll be lucky to still be in this game after my actions.
A true townie would have encouraged me heavily to stay within the rules to avoid a modkill since as stated above.. it will hurt the faction i'm in.
He does no such thing because he knows the faction that gets hurt wouldn't be his.
There was no encouragement with pod.. he first says please stop and then says, your getting replaced and finally says you may be modkilled.
All he has done is constantly threatened me with mod actions.. even when he is not mod.

Can we please kill him already?
silverbullet999
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #161 (ISO) » Mon Nov 08, 2010 8:09 pm

Here's my two propositions... prob gonna see the first one occur... hopefully all the way through but we'll see

1. Lynch me, but after my flip, lynch pod day 2.
2. Lynch pod, and if i'm somehow wrong and he flips town, lynch me day 2.
nopointinactingup
nopointinactingup
Mafia Scum
nopointinactingup
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #162 (ISO) » Mon Nov 08, 2010 8:25 pm

Post by nopointinactingup »

slowsilver wrote:Hmm... my gut instinct tells me that neither of the people arguing are scum, it is just a gut feeling - so I'm sticking with my brain and my vote.
1>What does your brain say?
2>You are voting Silverbullet, who is arguing.
silverbullet999 wrote:
I mean... hell you are like a big crybaby and my guess is your acting like this cause you don't like the pressure. There's been MUCH worse name calling and other such things where mods have warned people to lighten up or actions would be taken. My first game this occurred several times, once with me and then another with another user who was DOWNRIGHT BRUTAL and PERSONAL (though humorous). My latest game with enigma... (please see my sig) had some brutal name calling going back and fourth between me and him.

Seriously 9 games you have played and you're demanding replacement from me calling you jackass? As I said above.. incredibly low blow to deter pressure from you in my opinion.
Name calling is fine, but only if the people you direct it do do not view it as an offense. Podium has requested that you stop doing it, so there's no point in continuing.

Podium, Silverbullet, I believe you are voting for one another more because you are angry at each other. None of your reasoning for thinking the other is scum is objectively convincing. I suspect Slowsilver and his fluffy and inconsistent posts are indicative of scum behavior, especially in newbie games. Move your vote to him now and at least make him speak up.
Justice will prevail
\m/
silverbullet999
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #163 (ISO) » Tue Nov 09, 2010 3:41 am

I believe you are voting for one another more because you are angry at each other.
The only thing I'm angry with is that pod(the donkey) has successfully used the crybaby defense and is now essentially hiding behind the mod.
None of your reasoning for thinking the other is scum is objectively convincing.
I'll agree with this but I still feel strongly that he's scum and I've lost respect for him as a player since he's gone to such low methods to try to win.
I suspect Slowsilver and his fluffy and inconsistent posts are indicative of scum behavior, especially in newbie games.
I was more or less throwing him under simple newbie mistakes. I'll look into it more however I still want pod for playing such incredibly low cards to get pressure off of him. (again leading me to believe he's a scum playing real dirty)
werewolf555
werewolf555
Goon
werewolf555
Goon
Goon

Post Post #164 (ISO) » Tue Nov 09, 2010 10:26 am

Post by werewolf555 »

Does this strike anybody else as a distancing attempt?
I'm not dead yet
"Sens: Please rearrange Werewolf and Mist into a scumteam so we can policy lynch." -GreyICE
slowsilver
slowsilver
Townie
slowsilver
Townie
Townie

Post Post #165 (ISO) » Tue Nov 09, 2010 11:16 am

Post by slowsilver »

Yeah, which is why I'm keeping my vote.

If, jackass would read my post correctly it should be interpreted as: 'Although my gut instinct would tell me that neither of these people arguing are scum because they are making such a big deal out of each other, it is just a gut instinct however and so my brain is telling me otherwise and that it is a distancing attempt - thus I shall stick with my vote.' Voila, c'est facile
Obnoxious Quote: "Nuthunuul, ofc." --Parama, Mini 1079, page 2 for reference

[Scummiest scum of the month here]
silverbullet999
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #166 (ISO) » Tue Nov 09, 2010 12:08 pm

If, jackass would read my post correctly
slow I love you.

I don't think I'm smart enough to try this distance attempt... so early... but if it results in pod's lynching i'm fine with it (even if i'm lynched first).
podium123456
podium123456
Mafia Scum
podium123456
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #167 (ISO) » Tue Nov 09, 2010 12:38 pm

Post by podium123456 »

silverbullet999 wrote: The only thing I'm angry with is that pod(the donkey) has successfully used the crybaby defense and is now essentially hiding behind the mod.

I'll agree with this but I still feel strongly that he's scum and I've lost respect for him as a player since he's gone to such low methods to try to win.
One last time... i asked you to stop name calling because i didn't want the thread to turn into a flame-fest. It had nothing to do with trying to get pressure off me. I am not hiding behind anyone.

You can attack me all you want... you can keep the pressure on me... you can make 100 cases against me... WHATEVER, bring it on.

Just leave the insults out... you have been warned, and as far as i am concerned it is behind us.
podium123456
podium123456
Mafia Scum
podium123456
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #168 (ISO) » Tue Nov 09, 2010 12:42 pm

Post by podium123456 »

slowsilver wrote:Yeah, which is why I'm keeping my vote.

If, jackass would read my post correctly it should be interpreted as: 'Although my gut instinct would tell me that neither of these people arguing are scum because they are making such a big deal out of each other, it is just a gut instinct however and so my brain is telling me otherwise and that it is a distancing attempt - thus I shall stick with my vote.' Voila, c'est facile
First of all... did you really just call me that, after everything that has happened? Don't.

Secondly, people can misunderstand things from time to time, and your post was worded a little odd (someone else said the same thing)... next time just clear it up, instead of making a smartass comment.
silverbullet999
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #169 (ISO) » Tue Nov 09, 2010 12:59 pm

One last time... i asked you to stop name calling because i didn't want the thread to turn into a flame-fest. It had nothing to do with trying to get pressure off me. I am not hiding behind anyone.
Lies, you are hiding behind the mod with the defense.. that I cannot name so I will simply call it kittens defense and any words that might be found offensive will now be replaced with kittens.
Secondly, people can misunderstand things from time to time, and your post was worded a little odd (someone else said the same thing)... next time just clear it up, instead of making a smartass comment.
I find you using the word smartass heavily offensive and must ask you to desist immediately.
silverbullet999
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #170 (ISO) » Tue Nov 09, 2010 1:10 pm

-pod
My attack on you is initially, the overly defensive(wasn't sure if I should have replaced that with kittens, apologies if it's offensive) from me attacking you. You then kittens and kittens repeatedly and kittens to the mod while also threatening me like you were the mod yourself. This being an incredibly kittens method I then attack you for that because you are trying to get pressure off of you by doing this. If I get replaced the pressure goes off of you, if I get modkilled my townies get dealt with pain... both benefit you. Thus your actions of kittens to the mod instead of dealing with it or ignoring it lead me to believe that you are attempting an incredibly kittens method of kittens. Hypocritically(replace with kittens if need be) you then call slowsilver a kittens.

Thus if I decided to wear your kittens shoes... I would demand replacement or warning be placed on your kittens kittens.
podium123456
podium123456
Mafia Scum
podium123456
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #171 (ISO) » Tue Nov 09, 2010 1:32 pm

Post by podium123456 »

silverbullet999 wrote:
Lies, you are hiding behind the mod with the defense..
How am i 'hiding' by asking you not to use personal insults? How exactly does that benefit me?

Do you have a case against me? Then bring it.

silverbullet999 wrote: that I cannot name so I will simply call it kittens defense and any words that might be found offensive will now be replaced with kittens.
You really like to push the envelope, dont you? You try to find little loopholes and work arounds so that you can find a 'technically acceptable' way to keep instigating things. Is it not clear to you that you are already on thin ice? My advice to you, is to stop with the childish behavior.

silverbullet999 wrote:
I find you using the word smartass heavily offensive and must ask you to desist immediately.
That wasn't a personal insult.

You need to stop trying to play 'gotcha' with me... you won't win.
Excedrin
Excedrin
Goon
Excedrin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #172 (ISO) » Tue Nov 09, 2010 1:34 pm

Post by Excedrin »

Vote Count

podium123456 (1): silverbullet999
slowsilver (2): werewolf555, nopointinactingup
mishka (1): Looker
TheBadOne (1): mishka
silverbullet999 (3): slowsilver, podium123456, TheBadOne

not voting: Domination3000
alive: 9 majority: 5
D1 Deadline: AD 2010-11-20 05:33:24.390 PM (Sat) Pacific Standard Time
1 weeks, 4 days, 1 hours, 2 minutes, 37 seconds

mishka replaces Trainedmonkey (was idle for 4 days, didn't pick up his prod). I'm currently looking for a Domination3000 replacement. Looker is being prodded.

silverbullet999, if someone is insulted, they ask you to stop, and you continue that has nothing to do with pressure. This isn't up for debate, it's pointless, drop it.
podium123456
podium123456
Mafia Scum
podium123456
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #173 (ISO) » Tue Nov 09, 2010 1:58 pm

Post by podium123456 »

nopointinactingup wrote: Podium, Silverbullet, I believe you are voting for one another more because you are angry at each other. None of your reasoning for thinking the other is scum is objectively convincing.
Our votes were on each other before we tango'd. That being said, he has stopped his 'character' style and has stopped active lurking. I still think his reasons for making 'scum team' and 'buddy' accusations were weak, but stuff like that isn't too terribly uncommon on D1.

I agree that slowsilver's ISO is pretty pathetic. He hasn't said one substantive thing all day, save for the gut/brain thing... but even that was a safe middle of the road comment. This game needs to move along, and i am more than happy to vote/lynch slowsilver at this point.

UNVOTE
VOTE: slowsilver
werewolf555
werewolf555
Goon
werewolf555
Goon
Goon

Post Post #174 (ISO) » Tue Nov 09, 2010 2:05 pm

Post by werewolf555 »

podium123456 wrote: My advice to you, is to stop with the childish behavior.
Need I say more?
I was voting on slow silver, but now after this absurd ranting by silverbullet, which seems to be a distancing attempt. Slow silver however, seemed to push at least one relevant point, which makes me think that he isn't a complete fool.
Therefore
VOTE: Silverbullet99
I'm not dead yet
"Sens: Please rearrange Werewolf and Mist into a scumteam so we can policy lynch." -GreyICE

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”