Mini 1062 - The Lies of Locke Lamora (game over!)

Locke Lamora
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #600 (ISO) » Sun Nov 07, 2010 8:56 pm

Post by Locke Lamora »

"'Interesting. How have you done all this, I wonder? Why does the Death Goddess scorn to snuff you like a candle? I wish I knew.'"
The Grey King to Locke
Chapter 16 - Justice is Red

Vote Count 14!

Parama - 2 (ThAdmiral, don_johnson)
ThAdmiral - 1 (Parama)
Coach Travis - 1 (Debonair Danny DiPietro)

Not voting - 3 (Coach Travis, jenniwren, Furcolow)

With 7 'alive', it takes 4 to lynch. Deadline is Tuesday, November 9th at 9:00AM GMT, which is just over 25 hours away. You can see a countdown here.
If ya smell what The Locke is cookin'!

"Locke Lamora and Andrius, defying all logic since 1081."
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #601 (ISO) » Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:51 am

Post by Parama »

Debonair Danny DiPietro wrote:Point A) I have no idea why Parama waited this long to actually make a case. It seems almost like a desperation move to me because if you're going to roll with the just yelling loudly thing then that's the plan. I don't know why you accuse someone of being scum, vote them, and then several days/weeks later decide to pull together a full case; if you're going to do that shouldn't you lead with it to try and convince people of your arguments?
I DON'T like making walls of text, but since you guys wouldn't acknowledge his blatantly scummy behavior before, I had to make the case to ensure people actually GET IT.
ThAdmiral wrote:
Parama wrote:Oh so now we're deflecting to jenni. I see what you're doing there, scum.
I'm not deflecting to Jenni, she
said that she jailkept you
. Don't you think that is slightly more likely why you were blocked that night than me blocking you and then dismissing the fact that I thought you had been blocked by a second town roleblocker?
Jenni DID jailkeep me that night. I never said otherwise. What the heck are you even trying to say here? Also did you just claim scumblocker? It really sounds like you did.
ThAdmiral wrote:
Parama wrote:The fact that you acknowledge it as WIFOM and then tried to use it as a point against me is what I like least about it.
I don't get your use of the word WIFOM here. My stance on the slip was that it was possibly a slip but not blaringly obvious so I wasn't going to crucify you for it.
You said something along the lines of "it could've been a slip, but it could've been an honest mistake." And that makes it WIFOM. That you continue to use it as a point against me shows you're just reaching for reasons.
Parama wrote:That's funny, because this is an especially information-rich section of my case. It's incredibly concise and getting straight to the facts. You're really just going to blow that off?
ThAdmiral wrote:Alright lets look at each one of your "concise" and "information-rich" points:
Haha, funny. I said the points as a whole were information rich.
ThAdmiral wrote:
Parama wrote:ISO 24: Baaah let's sheep off of other's reasons.
I agreed with coach. I would have said the exact same thing if I had gotten on first. And I elaborate on my suspicions of you in my next post to which you say:
Fair enough.
ThAdmiral wrote:
Parama wrote:ISO 25: Time to push a mislynch in LyLo!
My only reply is that it's not a mislynch if it gets scum.
But I'm not scum, and you're not town, so...
ThAdmiral wrote:
Parama wrote:ISO 26: Instead of trying to push a weak case, why don't you tell us why you aren't providing any analysis?
I don't think I was providing a weak case, and furthermore I had provided analysis of your scummy hammer.
You said it was scummy -.- That's not analysis.
And cases tend to not look weak to the people making them.
ThAdmiral wrote:
Parama wrote:ISO 28: *fluff*
I was pointing out that what furculow said was ridiculous, something you also pointed out (because it was ridiculous).
*still fluff*
It's hardly relevant to scumhunting, thus fluff.
ThAdmiral wrote:
Parama wrote:ISO 30: Why is the fact that I haven't changed my case a bad thing? Scum on D1 are scum on D3, y'know. Weren't you voting me earlier?
A lot has happened since D1 I would have thought you would have some new and better reasons to be voting Jenni, but you didn't.
Scum acting scummy on D1 is a valid enough reason to vote them on D3. Why would you think otherwise?
ThAdmiral wrote:
Parama wrote:ISO 31: Baaah let's sheep off of other's reasons, again. Weren't you voting me earlier?
She posted a far better case than you did. It reaffirmed my conviction to lynch you.
yeah whatever. You didn't even acknowledge the arguments against me, so it looks exactly like blatant sheeping, baaaah.
ThAdmiral wrote:
Parama wrote:ISO 32: How does that change things? If you think I'm scum, then a nameclaim really can't be enough to make you change your mind, right?
As I said I was temporarily swayed by the fact you claim to be a gentleman bastard. Given that all the other gentleman bastards that had come up seemed to be town, and I knew I was town gentleman bastard, and given that the gentlemen bastards are the main good guys in the book I didn't think one would be scum. I have since realized scum must have gotten good fake claims.
Yeah, your gentlemen bastard role is a fakeclaim. Neato.
ThAdmiral wrote:
Parama wrote:ISO 34: So you believe my claim, 100%. Noted for later. I do find it funny that your method of scumhunting is now based solely on nameclaims. Still no analysis at all, of course.
I didn't say I believed your claim 100%, but yes I did think it was the most likely at that time. The whole claiming thing did throw me a bit, but you're right in that I shouldn't have focused mainly on that.
fair enough
ThAdmiral wrote:
Parama wrote:ISOs 35-39: HEY GUYS LOOK AT ME I'M POSTING. IGNORE THE FACT THAT I'M ACTIVE LURKING - HERE'S SOME POSTS!!!! ZOMG!!!!
See this is more of your mud-slinging which I am frankly quite sick of. I have only ever been posting my thoughts on the game as I see it. If you want to construe that as "active lurking" or posting so I don't seem scummy, then fine.
It's both those accusations that you brought up, but in a more comedic fashion, because I like to think that I'm funny sometimes.
ThAdmiral wrote:
Parama wrote:Okay, I've back up my suspicions with a case. I've had a case, but was too lazy to present it; I continued to insist that you were scum though. And lo and behold I had the evidence to back it up. So yes, I was mudslinging, but you're lying if you're saying it wasn't backed up by anything.
How was I supposed to know that you were going to back it up with a case, when you hadn't backed it up with a case?
Did you assume I didn't have a case? If not, why would I suspect someone I didn't have reason to suspect?
ThAdmiral wrote:
Parama wrote:Good job dismissing another concise block of accusations, though. You know that you can't get away with "Your case is crap, but I'm not going to say why", right?
I feel like I responded to all relevant/decent comments in that block of accusations.
Apparently not because you responded to a lot of them here.
ThAdmiral wrote:
Parama wrote:I had a2rudeboy on my suspects list for a while.
Not lynching a PR claim just because they claim PR doesn't help since apparently everyone is a PR and mafia are going to claim PRs too.
Also charter is my hero I would never kill him :< /WIFOM
He may have had information/some insight. We'll never know now.
As far as the charter thing that may be the case, but you could have been overruled by your scum partners.
But I have no scum partners .-.
ThAdmiral wrote:
Parama wrote:Furcolow is yelling and screaming nonsense, but I don't think I've ever seriously pushed a case on him (maybe voted him for part of D1? I forget.) Skyquiem seemed like the only valid alternative to a palmer lynch, and palmer looked quite town to me, so I pushed that lynch. I already gave reason on jenni, and I have given reason on you as well. Did you know that town can be wrong, too? Because 1 of my scum reads has flipped town, therefore all my scum reads are wrong? Where did you make that assumption? The only think I've seen proven wrong is my read on a2rudeboy. None of my other suspicions have flipped, and with the way you guys keep voting I doubt they ever will be and scum will coast to an easy victory. And I'll blame ya'll when you see ThAdmiral's name in red in endgame.
The problem is you may have put forward cases every now and then but the majority of the time you just say "this person is so obviously scum" or "this is the definite scumteam" so anything else that you have to say is lost in the sea of tripe.
Haven't you ever heard of reinforcing your reads?
ThAdmiral wrote:
Parama wrote:My case is FAR from terrible. It's probably the most solid case thus far. And I even BSed half of it, like I said I would.
I don't see how admitting that half of your case is BS is supposed to convince anyone...
It's not BS, I BSed it but it's not BS. Plenty of valid logic here, and then some things that I hadn't picked up before that I felt I might as well add to the case since they're scummy. Yeah.

Wall of text wars are annoying to everyone not participating in them, but hey I started it so I shouldn't complain :P
Show
Ever wanted a playlist full of a lot of music I really dig? Here you go.

RateYourMusic page because song contests are like the only reason I'm still here.

GET TO KNOW ME

I basically post like I'm always on twitter, ignore my spamminess.
jenniwren
jenniwren
Goon
jenniwren
Goon
Goon

Post Post #602 (ISO) » Mon Nov 08, 2010 10:04 am

Post by jenniwren »

There are only about twelve hours to go, so we need to get this done.

Vote: Coach Travis

I agree with DDD that in any of the scenarios I've considered, he would is the only one who fits in each of them.
Has she a name? / She reminds me of a small bird, perhaps a jenny wren. / An owl perhaps, that speaks only when the rest of the world sleeps. / Jenny will do well enough. ~Juliet Marillier,
Daughter of the Forest
~
Coach Travis
Coach Travis
Goon
Coach Travis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #603 (ISO) » Mon Nov 08, 2010 10:29 am

Post by Coach Travis »

Well, because I know I'm not the right choice, it looks like I'm going with Parama for today after all, just to make sure someone else is lynched. Still don't like him, his hammer in particular was bad, and I haven't liked how he's played.
Vote:Parama

My power is now in play, so that's the hammer.
Locke Lamora
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #604 (ISO) » Mon Nov 08, 2010 10:45 am

Post by Locke Lamora »

"'So you see - you are bound by an oath of blood to my service. My tooth has tasted of your life, and your life is mine. So let us not be strangers, Locke Lamora. Let us be capa and pezon, as the Crooked Warden intended.'"
Capa Barsavi
Interlude - The Last Mistake

Vote Count 15!

Parama - 3 (ThAdmiral, don_johnson, Coach Travis)
Coach Travis - 2 (Debonair Danny DiPietro, jenniwren)
ThAdmiral - 1 (Parama)

Not voting - 1 (Furcolow)

Parama has been lynched! Lynch scene forthcoming.

Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #605 (ISO) » Mon Nov 08, 2010 10:45 am

Post by Parama »

Lol Coach is 3rd party
Show

RateYourMusic page because song contests are like the only reason I'm still here.

GET TO KNOW ME

Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #606 (ISO) » Mon Nov 08, 2010 10:46 am

Post by Parama »

BTW, I'm town. No shock there.
Show

GET TO KNOW ME

Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #607 (ISO) » Mon Nov 08, 2010 10:48 am

Post by Parama »

And thanks for hammering without a claim, Coach. Isn't that exactly why you called me out as scummy?
So we have:
Coach 3rd Party
ThAdmiral Mafia
Probably Don_Johnson Mafia

I'll feel glad if everyone on my lynch wagon is town.

BTW, Town Location Watcher here. Nobody visited The Snare N2.
Show

GET TO KNOW ME

Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #608 (ISO) » Mon Nov 08, 2010 10:48 am

Post by Parama »

EBWOP: I'll feel glad if everyone on my lynch wagon is scum.
Show

GET TO KNOW ME

Coach Travis
Coach Travis
Goon
Coach Travis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #609 (ISO) » Mon Nov 08, 2010 10:52 am

Post by Coach Travis »

You did sorta claim though, everyone did. And this was an entirely different situation, because before there was little doubt as to who was being lynched, where this time I could have seen it swinging back in my direction, so I felt I needed to end the day as fast as possible to prevent myself from dying, as I'm a townie. If you really are town, that blows and probably costs us the game, but there was nothing else I could do, I'd rather take a chance than let myself get lynched.
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #610 (ISO) » Mon Nov 08, 2010 10:54 am

Post by Parama »

You could've helped me lynch ThAdmiral.
Hint: TOWN DON'T PLAY FOR SELF-PRESERVATION. You need to know that the next time you act like you're out to save your own skin over everyone else's.

EVERYONE WHO CAN: SHOOT THADMIRAL. THAT MEANS YOU TOO, MAFIA.
Show

GET TO KNOW ME

Coach Travis
Coach Travis
Goon
Coach Travis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #611 (ISO) » Mon Nov 08, 2010 10:56 am

Post by Coach Travis »

I never played for self-preservation until day 3, and that was only because I knew if I was lynched there was a very good chance of the game being over. I did want ThAdmiral lynched, but I didn't think we'd get a third person to help.
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #612 (ISO) » Mon Nov 08, 2010 10:58 am

Post by Parama »

You could've at least tried.
And not just, y'know, quickhammered the guy leading a case on your #1 suspect (as you just said he was).
Show

GET TO KNOW ME

don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #613 (ISO) » Mon Nov 08, 2010 11:38 am

Post by don_johnson »

poor form here. if parama is town, coach is most certainly scum/third party. that was out of nowhere.

let's get a scene...
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #614 (ISO) » Mon Nov 08, 2010 11:39 am

Post by Parama »

^scum calling other scum scum
Show

GET TO KNOW ME

Locke Lamora
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #615 (ISO) » Mon Nov 08, 2010 11:51 am

Post by Locke Lamora »

Chapter 7 - The Capa's Last Mistake

Piccari stood with a group of other yellowjackets, assembled in front of the Black Bridge as the desperate mob jostled and shoved each other in front of them. The strange Elderglass structures and spires were beginning to glow around them as the day came to an end, and above him the Duke stepped forward, sweeping his arms wide with a grandiose gesture.

'People of Camorr!' he cried. 'Have you brought me the traitors?' Below him the oblivious crowd continued to shout and shove, yelling accusations and pointing fingers at each other.

'It's no use,' sighed Dona Vorchenza next to him. 'If my Midnighters couldn't find them...' she trailed off despondently, staring out at the chaos below them. Hearing footsteps, she glanced to her side to see Dona Salvara approaching.

'Angiavesta? Can't something be done? Surely the traitors have been found by now?'

'I wish I could say that they had, Sofia, but...is that Barsavi?' Dona Vorchenza's attention had been seized by the sight of an imposing figure striding through the crowd below them, flanked by a number of Camorr's Right People. Capa Barsavi created his own path through the horde, citizens scrambling to get out of his way. His sons Anjais and Pachero followed, as did his daughter Nazca, spiked boots sending almost as many people running as the sight of her father. Behind them were Cheryn and Raiza Berangias, expert contrarequialla and Barsavi's personal bodyguards, and they were followed by some of Barsavi's most trusted crew leaders. Walking right up to Piccari and his group of yellowjackets, Barsavi turned and nodded to two of his entourage, who stepped forward, dragging a small boy between them.

'You want traitors? I've brought you a traitor!' declared Barsavi, seizing the boy by the scruff of the neck and flinging him into the grasp of one of the yellowjackets.

'I'm no traitor!' protested Bug, squirming in the watchman's grip. 'You've been had, Capa!'

'With all due respect, Capa, the Duke's decree was for all of the people to put someone forward, not to mention...well...this is just a boy...' stated Piccari, his voice growing quieter as Barsavi shot him a look of thunder, before he turned and looked up at Nicovante.

'Nicovante!' roared Barsavi. 'My people tell me this boy has been helping the traitors! Let's see him hang!' Piccari looked up expectantly at the Duke, unable to contain his horror when the Duke nodded his approval.

A few minutes later Bug was on the bridge, neck in a noose, with one of the Masters of the Ropes waiting for Nicovante's word. The crowd had finally stopped bickering amongst each other and had turned to watch; those who could stomach the sight of a young boy being hung, in any case. As Dona Vorchenza looked out over the crowd, one figure standing near the front caught her eye; he was looking at her, not the boy. He was young, with fuzzy peach-coloured hair, and he wore a strange glove on his hand...

Looking up at Dona Vorchenza, the Falconer smiled the smallest of smiles and took the piece of paper out of his pocket, along with a pen. Swiftly but smoothly, he wrote 'Sofia Salvara' across the paper and looked back up, turning his attention to the blonde-haired beauty standing next to the Spider.

'Showtime,' he muttered under his breath.

'Sofia?' said Dona Vorchenza. 'Does that man look strange to you? Sofia?' A gasp escaped the Spider's lips as she felt the blade slide into her back. She looked down and saw Sofia's hand grip her shoulder as she forced the blade further into her back. 'You?' she managed to croak weakly before Sofia pulled the blade out and she collapsed forwards to the edge of the bridge. The last thing she saw before her vision faded to black was the black lines tattooed on the arm of the young man. A Bondsmage.

Vencarlo Barsavi was one of the first to realise that something was wrong when he caught sight of the bloody blade glinting in Sofia Salvara's hand.

'Crooked Warden! She's working with the traitors! Cheryn! Raiza! We need to get up there!' The Capa started forwards but soon stopped when he realised the sisters were not following him. Turning back, he saw Cheryn standing in front of him with her arms folded. 'Cheryn? What are you doing? Where's...' A gurgle escaped his throat as the knife slashed across his jugular and Raiza kicked him forwards to the floor, blood gushing unstoppably onto the cobbled streets. The Capa was dead before he could be aware of Cheryn and Raiza ruthlessly and efficiently killing the rest of his entourage.

Nicovante had given the signal for the hanging and let Bug swing before he even realised what was going on behind him. As he turned he saw total chaos; Dona Salvara was being taken to the floor by three yellowjackets, four other nobles including Dona Vorchenza dead on the floor around her. As one of the yellowjackets stood up, a hawk swooped in and bit into his neck, bringing an anguished scream from the guard. Below in the crowd, more thieves seemed to have sprung out of nowhere and had surrounded the people, penning them in.

'Barsavi betrayed me...? murmurmed the Duke, unbelieving. As he searched frantically for Barsavi, Nicovante spotted the Berangias twins...butchering Nazca Barsavi. Confusion spread across his face, turning to surprise as a figure abruptly appeared in front of him, seemingly out of nowhere. Dressed flamboyantly in grey, the man smiled and put his hand to a sword.

'If only you could see your face,' he laughed. 'Avram Anatolius sends his regards.' The blade made a wet, sucking noise as it punched through his chest and out through the other side. 'You killed my parents. Now I'm taking your city.' Nicovante frantically searched for breath and found none, the searing pain in his chest overwhelming him as he went into shock. The Grey King swiftly withdrew his blade and let Nicovante fall to the floor, life rushing away in moments. The plan had been executed to perfection; now Luciano Anatolius would rule Camorr.

Parama,
Bug, Camorr-Aligned Lookout
hung from the Black Bridge D3.

Coach Travis,
Capa Vencarlo Barsavi, Camorr-Aligned Threshold Changer
, jenniwren,
The Spider, Camorr-Aligned Inquisitive Jailkeeper
and Furcolow,
Dona Sofia Salvara, Camorr-Aligned Bewitching Beauty
have been killed in endgame!

don_johnson,
The Grey King, Anatolius-Aligned Wraithstone Godfather
, Debonair Danny DiPietro,
The Falconer, Anatolius-Aligned Manipulative Bondsmage
and ThAdmiral,
Cheryn & Raiza Berangias, Anatolius-Aligned Strongwomen
have gained control of Camorr! Scum win!

Roles and actions to come when I get the chance. Any feedback on the setup appreciated - it was quite complicated role-wise so balance was a concern of mine!

Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #616 (ISO) » Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:26 pm

Post by Parama »

2/3, gg.
Coach, that was awful.
DDD, I feel betrayed :< Though I was getting suspicious of your more recent comments.
Also, LOL at scum not quickhammering me or jenni.
And ThAdmiral was the RB I guess. Shock Awe. Cookies.
Show

GET TO KNOW ME

MacavityLock
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
MacavityLock
Impin' Ain't Easy
Impin' Ain't Easy

Post Post #617 (ISO) » Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:39 pm

Post by MacavityLock »

<sigh> My obvious breadcrumb was obvious.
Yes, my fake claim is Innocent Aligned with the Town win condition as per the mod's first post.
jenniwren
jenniwren
Goon
jenniwren
Goon
Goon

Post Post #618 (ISO) » Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:48 pm

Post by jenniwren »

GFDI...

I KNEW DDD was scum, but I talked myself out of it. I should have stuck to my gut...I KNEW your fake claim was fake...GFDI...
Has she a name? / She reminds me of a small bird, perhaps a jenny wren. / An owl perhaps, that speaks only when the rest of the world sleeps. / Jenny will do well enough. ~Juliet Marillier,
Daughter of the Forest
~
Coach Travis
Coach Travis
Goon
Coach Travis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #619 (ISO) » Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:39 pm

Post by Coach Travis »

I think it's clear I need a break from mafia for now(probably a couple months), that was pretty awful. I always get myself into these situations where I can't think of any way out of them, so I always just fuck up real badly. And yeah, I actually did have a gut feeling about DDD, but was afraid to mention it. Even DJ doesn't surprise me that much.
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #620 (ISO) » Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:22 pm

Post by ThAdmiral »

I thought I was going to be lynched for sure. You totally had me pegged parama, my only hope was to clog the thread up with huge posts to stall enough for someone else to reach scumwagon threshold.

Btw even if I had been lynched I still think we would have won as hardly anyone suspected ddd.

Anyway good game. Thanks for hosting, Locke, and if you have any more lamora themed games I totally pre-in!

Ps. I really wasn't the scum rb. I'm pretty sure we didn't have one.

Pps. Don't be too hard on yourself coach, you had to make a call and this time you were wrong but that's mafia. I've been wrong more times than I can count.
Don't ask me to provide self meta
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #621 (ISO) » Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:27 pm

Post by Parama »

^Agree, mafia were on their way to victory. DDD owned up that game, I didn't suspect him until the very end, and even then it was a small gut feeling. The only way I would've figured out DDD scum was in a DDD-Me-Furc 3p LyLo scenario, and Furc would've instavoted me in that, so...
Show

GET TO KNOW ME

Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #622 (ISO) » Mon Nov 08, 2010 5:29 pm

Post by Debonair Danny DiPietro »

Parama wrote:DDD, I feel betrayed :< Though I was getting suspicious of your more recent comments.
Also, LOL at scum not quickhammering me or jenni.
*Tips hat*
We thought Skyquiem was still going to be in the game because he returned again only to disappear again so we had absolutely no time to plan our day three. Additionally, you should know how hard it is to try and stack three votes on anyone without someone getting suspicious and blowing the whole thing up.
jenniwren wrote:I KNEW DDD was scum, but I talked myself out of it. I should have stuck to my gut...I KNEW your fake claim was fake...GFDI...
Actually if we had role claimed I was going to claim a passive ability of being your backup and on your possible death our role falling to me. Hence why I straight called you town in my next post after your claim.

~

ThAdmiral wasn't a roleblocker; he had a one shot unblockable kill which we used N2 on charter (who I want nothing to do with when I'm scum). Skyquiem/DJ was the one who planted the wraithstone and I actually had furcolow's vote available for my use most of D3 but CT's ability had me to paranoid to use it. Figured worst case tomorrow I'd use it to steal a lynch on someone and win then. Scum felt stupidly powerful to me, but then again things worked out nearly perfectly for us in terms of the roles that died in that we convinced town to kill their roleblocker D1; aced Locke himself N1; had town hammer their "black alchemist (whatever that is/was)" and then sent an unblockable kill through a jailkeep on a bulletproof vig.
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #623 (ISO) » Mon Nov 08, 2010 7:03 pm

Post by ThAdmiral »

Yeah that would have to be one of the most amazing unstoppable kill-shots ever.

For the record I do feel really bad about killing charter though. He replaced in and had probably spent quite a bit of time reading up etc. and then he died. I would hate it if it happened to me.
So... sorry for that Charter if you are reading.
Don't ask me to provide self meta
Locke Lamora
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #624 (ISO) » Mon Nov 08, 2010 8:51 pm

Post by Locke Lamora »

Ok, here are all the assigned roles and role PMs:

Roles

MacavityLock - Locke Lamora
MichelSableheart/charter - Jean Tannen
Benmage - Calo Sanza
Parama - Bug
palmertrou - The Thiefmaker
a2rudeboy - Jessaline d'Aubert
Coach Travis - Capa Barsavi
jenniwren - The Spider
Furcolow - Dona Salvara
Skyquiem/don_johnson - The Grey King
Debonair Danny DiPietro - The Falconer
ThAdmiral - Cheryn & Raiza

Role PMs:

MacavityLock:
Welcome to Camorr. You are
Locke Lamora
, the Thorn of Camorr, master of deception and disguise. You and your band of thieves, The Gentlemen Bastards, are believed to be just one of many ordinary gangs of thieves operating on the streets of Camorr. In reality, you have been running incredibly lucrative confidence games to relieve the nobles of Camorr of their substantial wealth, much to their embarrassment. Now, however, an incredibly dangerous threat to the city and your friends has emerged and you need to use your unique abilities to stop it.

Active Abilities:
Find Jean - once each day/night phase you may PM me the name of a player and I will tell you if they are your best friend, Jean Tannen. If you manage to locate Jean, you will be able to communicate freely with him throughout the day. You may also obtain other benefits.
The Lies of Locke Lamora - once each day/night phase you may choose to send me a message to relay to any of the other players, posing as any character you choose. You may not reveal your own true identity or ability, but it may include any other information, true or false, that you wish to relay. The message must be a maximum of 50 words.

Passive Abilities:
Disguise - as you have spent your life deceiving people about your true identity, any efforts made by other players in this game to discover it will fail.
Loyalty - if your associates die, you may attempt to avenge their deaths.

Location: your base of operations is the Temple of Perelandro, in the Temple District.

You win when all threats to Camorr are eliminated.

Please confirm via PM.
Mod notes: If Jean, Calo and Bug all die, Locke will obtain a vengeance kill.

MichelSableheart:
Jean Tannen
, member of the Gentlemen Bastards and a a man who is extremely proficient with a variety of weapons. Your bulky physique belies your deadly skills, particularly with your dual hatchets, the Wicked Sisters. After years of tricking the nobles of Camorr out of their money, you now find yourself caught up in events that threaten the security of your city and the well-being of your friends.

Active Abilities:
Wicked Sisters - your hatchets are about the deadliest weapons around, but you're not the kind of guy who just goes round killing people. At night, you may send me the name of a player to attack. If you target a player who has made a kill, you will kill them.

Passive Abilities:
Self-defence - let's face it, no-one's going to take you on in a fight at full strength. You are immune to one kill attempt. This does not include lynches.

Location: your base of operations is the Temple of Perelandro, in the Temple District.

Please confirm via PM.
Mod notes: once Locke finds Jean, they become day-masons with the joint ability to remove the tongue and fingers of the Falconer, rendering him powerless. They will obviously be informed that the Falconer is in the game upon meeting each other. This is effectively a treestumping. Jean's passive protection will turn into an active ability, giving him the option to protect Locke from one kill.

Benmage:
Calo Sanza
, member of the Gentlemen Bastards, twin brother to Galdo Sanza and experienced false-facer. You like nothing more than helping to relieve nobles of their fortunes, but right now Camorr's in danger and for once a con isn't the only thing on your mind.

Active Abilities:
Steal - thievery is what you do best and you might be able to figure out something to Camorr's advantage. Each night, you may PM me the name of a player to rob. You may receive something that gives you an indication of their role or alignment.

Mod notes: Calo is unable to steal from Locke, the Grey King and the Spider. Calo's ability will return items as follows:

Locke - nothing.
Jean - a pair of hatchets.
Bug - an 'Orphan's Twist', a kind of minature cosh packed with hot pepper.
The Thiefmaker - a collection of purses.
Jessaline - some potion bottles.
Capa Barsavi - a shark's tooth.
The Spider - nothing.
Dona Salvara - nothing
The Gray King - nothing.
The Falconer - a leather gauntlet with talon marks.
Cheryn & Raiza - an array of knives.

Parama:
Bug
, member of the Gentlemen Bastards and their favoured lookout. As the youngest and smallest member, spying on targets by scaling tall buildings or hiding in tight spots is your area of expertise. You've also become adept at fleeing from the City Watch, armed with your 'Orphan's Twist' cosh in case any of them get too close. Now there's a threat to Camorr's safety and you just hope the Gentlemen Bastards will all survive.

Active Abilities:
Lookout - each night, you may send me a PM choosing one of the areas of Camorr in which to station yourself. You will be given information on who visits the location you have chosen.

Please confirm via PM.
palmertrou:
The Thiefmaker
, a particularly entrepreneurial member of the Camorri underworld operating out of the graveyard of Shades' Hill. For years you have been taking in the orphans of Camorr and turning them into expert sneak-thieves, selling them on to the many gangs when they got older. Your band of orphans travel all over Camorr stealing from locals and visitors alike, although to avoid violating the Secret Peace, they never steal from nobles. The news of someone threatening Camorr's harmony is unwelcome and you're keeping your ear to the ground to find out more.

Active Abilities:
Orphan Swarm - each night you may PM me the name of an area to send your band of orphan thieves. They should deter any unlawful activity that was going to take place in the area.

Please confirm via PM.
Mod notes: a map or list of the areas of Camorr will be provided for the Thiefmaker and Bug's abilities. Areas where characters live will be as follows:
Temple District - Locke, Jean, Calo, Bug
Fountain Bend - Jessaline
The Cauldron - The Falconer
The Snare - Capa Barsavi, the Berangias Sisters
Alcegrante - Dona Salvara, The Grey King
The Five Towers - The Spider
In the nightkill flavour, the area in which a character was killed will be revealed, enabling Bug to ascertain whether the kill was made in the area he was watching. Bug will spot characters who visit any of these areas who do not normally live there e.g. if Jessaline takes a potion to Capa Barsavi, Bug will spot her in the Snare. Bug will not spot any of the characters who do not travel, although he may see associated signs; a statue being delivered if the Grey King uses his Wraithstone ability, for example, or orphans if the Thiefmaker sends them to the area Bug is watching.

The Thiefmaker's orphans will deter any action from taking place in an area where a character is targeted, including kills.The character who is blocked will be informed that 'Upon reaching your location, you encounter a large band of orphans running around. Deciding it is too risky to continue, you return home.' The Grey King will be informed much the same, but his statue-deliverers will relay the information instead. The Thiefmaker cannot block Shades Hill.

Coach Travis:
Capa Vencarlo Barsavi
, leader of the Camorri underworld for over twenty years. You have bound the
garristas
of all the gangs to you by blood, using your enchanted shark's tooth. Now the thieves of Camorr all pay their dues to you on a regular basis and you maintain the Secret Peace, an arrangement with Duke Nicovante by which the thieves do not target the nobles and the Duke's men do not bother the thieves. Now that Camorr is under threat, it's your responsibility to ensure your livelihood and the thieves are protected.

Active Abilities:
Capa's Favour - your word carries more weight in Camorr than any bar Duke Nicovante, and more than it among the thieves. At any time during the day, you may PM me the name of a player and extend or reduce their lynch threshold by 1. This ability may only be used once in the game. You may not do this once a lynch has occurred.

Location: your headquarters are situated in the old ship known as the Floating Grave, in the Snare.

Please confirm via PM.
a2rudeboy
Jessaline d'Aubert
, black apothecary and alchemist. For years you have been supplying members of the Camorri underworld with a variety of potions and concoctions to achieve all kinds of deceptions and schemes. You might not be a Bondsmage, but your unique brand of medicine can be just as effective when used the right way. This trouble in Camorr is bad for business; perhaps you can help to end it.

Active Abilities:
Black Alchemy - you have been experimenting in your workshop and have at your disposal a range of different coloured potions: red, blue, green, purple and black. Each day you may PM me with a choice of potion to give to your daughter Jannelaine to study and she will note down her findings. If you decide it is prudent to use, you may give it to a player that night.

Location: your apothecary is in the upmarket district of Fountain Bend.

Please confirm via PM.
Mod notes: each potion has a different effect and will be accompanied by a different set of 'notes':
Red - acts as an aphrodisiac, making a player feel amorous towards anyone who visits them that night; the player will receive a message to that effect. "It's rich and fiery, looks the colour of blood!"
Blue - makes a player drowsy, meaning they sleep in and are unable to post for the first 72 hours of the next game day. "Smells soothing and relaxing."
Green - gives a player lots of energy and vitality, helping them to evade a kill attempt. "Definitely looks healthy, could be a nice pick-me-up!"
Purple - makes a player violently sick and unable to perform any actions that night. "Don't know if I would drink this, the mixture looks very cloudy."
Black - removes the 'gentling' effect of the Grey King's Wraithstone ability, returning that player to the game. "I couldn't fathom this one out, so I gave it to the gentled packhorse and it was cured!"

jenniwren:
Welcome to Camorr. You are Dona Angiavesta Vorchenza, secretly known as
The Spider
. Although everyone knows you as one of the best-respected and most powerful nobles in Camorr, very few know you are the head of Duke Nicovante's secret police force, the Midnighters. With the city's peace under threat, your extensive resources might be the only way Camorr can survive.

Active Abilities:
The Midnighters - you have the authority to command the Midnighters to do as you will. During the day, you may PM me the name of a player for the Midnighters to bring in for questioning, as well as a question to ask them. That player will be held in your custody overnight.

Passive Abilities:
Disguise - as you have spent your life deceiving people about your true identity, any efforts made by other players in this game to discover it will fail.

Location: you live in the Amberglass Tower, one of the Five Towers.

Please confirm via PM.
Mod notes: anyone targeted by The Spider will be informed at the beginning of night that they have been brought in for questioning and asked the question provided. They will be unable to perform any action and scum will be also be unable to communicate with their partners.

Furcolow:
Dona Sofia Salvara
, expert alchemical botanist and wife of Don Lorenzo Salvara. You are incredibly adept at working with plants and you travel in some of the highest social circles of Camorr. You are also known as being a strikingly beautiful woman and are not afraid to use that to your advantage. The rumours of trouble in Camorr have been concerning you and you'd like to help Duke Nicovante keep the city as safe as possible.

Passive Abilities:
Bewitching Beauty - your looks do not go unnoticed by many of the men of Camorr, who are unable to resist you. Of course, you'd never go further than a look or a smile, but even those are enough to distract. If you are visited at night by a man who admires your beauty, they will be unable to perform an action.

Please confirm via PM.
Mod notes: mostly a red herring here; Calo is the only character who will be 'bewitched' by the Dona's beauty, so he will fail to steal any items from her.

Skyquiem:
Welcome to Camorr. You are Luciano Anatolius, better known as the
Grey King
. Twenty-two years ago, your father Avram was murdered by Vencarlo Barsavi as he threatened to expose the Secret Peace. You and your two sisters, Cheryn and Raiza, escaped and have now returned to exact your revenge over Barsavi and the nobles of Camorr. With the help of a Bondsmage, the Falconer, you plan to kill Barsavi and shatter the nobility, establishing your own rule over the city's underworld.

Active Abilities:
Wraithstone - you have in your possession the deadly substance Wraithstone, which can 'gentle' any living creature, effectively rendering them incapable of independent thought, an effect which has no known cure. At night you may deliver a Wraithstone statue to any player which will explode at twilight of the next day-night phase, rendering them mindless. You may only use this once in the game.
Kill - each night, you may communicate with your associates here and one of you may PM me the name of a player to kill.

Passive Abilities:

Location: to further aid your infiltration of the Camorri nobility, you have taken residence in a mansion in Alcegrante.

The following role is safe to claim:
Don Lorenzo Salvara
, a well-respected member of the Camorri nobility and husband to the renowned alchemical botanist, Sofia Salvara. The rumours of trouble in Camorr have been concerning you and you'd like to help Duke Nicovante keep the city as safe as possible.

You win when you have achieved your revenge and seized control of Camorr, or nothing can prevent the same.

Please confirm via PM.
Mod notes: Wraithstone will not fully remove a player from the game; instead their role (but not alignment) will be revealed and they will be left in limbo, free for the Falconer to manipulate if he wishes. This again will be a kind of treestumping but can be reversed with Jessaline's black potion.

ThAdmiral:
Cheryn & Raiza Berangias
, apparently loyal servants of Capa Barsavi but in reality sisters to Luciano Anatolius, the Grey King. Seeking revenge for your father's death at the hands of Barsavi, you returned to Camorr 8 years ago and infiltrated Barsavi's organisation, becoming his most trusted bodyguards and exceptional 'contrarequialla', establishing yourselves as some of the finest fighters in the city. Now that your brother has returned, your goal is to help him take revenge and seize control of Camorr.

Active Abilities:
Dual Strike - when you work together, it is incredibly hard for anyone to stop you. If you submit a kill, you may choose to split up and attack from different sides, allowing you to bypass anything that stands in your way. This ability can only be used once.
Kill - each night, you may communicate with your associates here and one of you may PM me the name of a player to kill.

Location: you spend most of your time with Capa Barsavi at the Floating Grave, in the Snare.

Galdo Sanza
, member of the Gentlemen Bastards, twin brother to Calo Sanza and experienced false-facer. You like nothing more than helping to relieve nobles of their fortunes, but right now Camorr's in danger and for once a con isn't the only thing on your mind.

You win when you have achieved your revenge and seized control of Camorr, or nothing can prevent the same.

Please confirm via PM.
Mod notes: the Berangias sisters can bypass Jean's and Jessaline's protection, but not the Thiefmaker's orphans.

Debonair Danny DiPietro:
Welcome to Camorr. You are the
Falconer
, a Bondsmage of Karthain. As a member of the Bondsmagi, your powers of sorcery are available to all…at a very high price. The Grey King has taken you into his service and plans to utilise your abilities to help him gain revenge over Vencarlo Barsavi and the nobles of Camorr. Accompanied constantly by your hawk, Vestris, your powers of manipulation are second to none.

Active Abilities:
Compulsion - once in the game, you may PM me the name of a player and a role name. If the role name matches that of the player, you will receive a list of their active abilities and be able to control an action of your choice. This includes their vote. As over-use of this power may lead to your discovery, you may only use your chosen ability once.

Location: you are hiding out in a deserted area of the Cauldron.

Stephen Reynart
, known by most as Dona Angiavesta Vorchenza's secretary. Secretly, she is known as the Spider, commanding the secret police force called the Midnighters, of which you are the leader. Now that a major threat to the security of Camorr has emerged, you must use your resources to protect the city.

Location: you live in the Amberglass Tower, one of the Five Towers.

You win when the Grey King has achieved his revenge and seized control of Camorr, or nothing can prevent the same.

Please confirm via PM.
Mod notes: as Locke Lamora is not Locke's real name, the Falconer's ability is useless when used on him, even if the Falconer correctly identifies Locke.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”