Lrdwhyt
Lrdwhyt
Townie
Lrdwhyt
Townie
Townie

Post Post #200 (ISO) » Sun Nov 07, 2010 1:36 pm

Post by Lrdwhyt »

Empking wrote:Incognito: I don't remember, possibly. One game though, especially one with somebody who has a grudge against me isn't "practically every game".

Lrd; What querstion? (Seriously though. "
I'm
not dodging the question
you
are."?)
Why were you trying to argue for a mass claim?

The disadvantages to a massclaim are pretty obvious. The mafia gains knowledge of everyone's role.
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #201 (ISO) » Sun Nov 07, 2010 2:55 pm

Post by Rhinox »

Incognito wrote:And I think this is the first time I'm playing in a game with you, Rhinox? Should be fun. :D
Agreed! :D

-------------

All caught up. This game sure got off to a bang.

Empking seems town for proposing an idea that immediately makes him the center of attention. I don't believe it was some sort of wifomy gambit by scum to try to appear town by acting "too scummy to be scum".

Adumbro's response seems to be genuine and makes me think he is town. Unfortunately, he seems to have fallen into confirmation bias.

havingfitz response seems independent of his allignment. could be town who genuinely was against claiming, or could be scum who figured no one would go for the idea anyways and figured he could gain some townie points by arguing against what was sure to be an unpopular proposal by empking. I particularly don't like this particular statement:
havingfitz wrote:I for one have nothing worth claiming
which can be taken many ways, but seems awfully suggestive coming from someone who wants nothing to do with mass claiming.

Fallen angel had an interesting response - seemed to humor the idea of mass claiming at first. singersigner ignored the proposal at first, then took a wishywashy wait and see approach. Confidincognito was also ok with mass claiming if the majority wanted it. hmmm... well, he gave good reasoning in post 77. lrdwhyt and nocmen seemed inquisitive about the mc proposal. lrdwhyt seemed to be trying to determine empkings motives in an attempt to get a read on him, while nocmen was more focused on getting information regarding the MC proposal itself.

I can't really say anything about davidparker or cruelty just yet. Incog seems to be off to a strong start this game, but I don't have an allignment read on him yet.

Yeah, VOTE: fallen angel.

First, goes along with empkings massclaim proposal. Then votes davidparker for thinking empking is town. Then posts this gem in regards to emp:
fallenangel wrote:I'm happy with my vote where it is. Just because he's obvscum to you, doesn't mean I believe he is. He could very well be, but it's three pages into the game. That's far too early to pass judgement on who is definitely scum.
Then by fallen's 12th post in iso, he's suggesting that empking is "misguided town" for pushing an unpopular idea, and referring to mass claim as if he were seemingly against it the whole time. What i mean is, statements like this:
fallen wrote:No, I actually hate wifom. Empking wasn't trying to convince "weak" players, he was trying to convince the whole town. Yeah, it's questionable for an innocent player to do that, but that doesn't outright prove that he's scum, either.
seems to imply that he's acknowledging that mass claiming is something scum would typically suggest, but that contradicts his iso #3 where he said he saw no harm in mass claiming.

So, its a little early for this, but based on reactions to empking, which pretty much encompasses the first 9 pages:

scum

fallen angell

leaning scum

havingfitz
nocmen
davidparker

leaning town

incog
cruelty
lrdwhyt
singer

town

rhinox, of course
adumbro
empking
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #202 (ISO) » Mon Nov 08, 2010 5:11 am

Post by Empking »

AdumbroDeus wrote:
@Incognito
: The issue with DP is not so much the "recklessness is a towntell" thing, that's true enough, but it's a minor tell at best. The real concern is how SURE he seems that EMP is town. My earlier comments in regards to their relationship stand.

@Empking
: viewtopic.php?p=2613039#p2613039, viewtopic.php?p=2612656#p2612656, viewtopic.php?p=2610154#p2610154, viewtopic.php?p=2605267#p2605267.

All after your 12th post where you mentioned you'd be willing to let it drop, there are all after that. Pretty much everything you've said is in regards to massclaim. I don't like how distracting you've been.
At least some of them are you mistaking catching Lrd out in a lie and talking about mass claim.

Lrd: I've answered that question almost once a page (possibly an exageration). Because the advantages outweigh the disadvantages.
Plus, if you guys want to make a point, skip the walls, because everyone else in the game does as well. - Magister Ludi
DavidParker
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #203 (ISO) » Mon Nov 08, 2010 5:14 am

Post by DavidParker »

If the advantages outweigh the disadvantages why do you feel that in none of these games a day 1 mass-claim occurs?
"To die will be an awfully big adventure"
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #204 (ISO) » Mon Nov 08, 2010 5:16 am

Post by Empking »

DavidParker wrote:If the advantages outweigh the disadvantages why do you feel that in none of these games a day 1 mass-claim occurs?
It goes against the general feeling (because before recently it was a bad thing) and its shot down just due to prejudice.
Plus, if you guys want to make a point, skip the walls, because everyone else in the game does as well. - Magister Ludi
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #205 (ISO) » Mon Nov 08, 2010 8:05 am

Post by Incognito »

Empking wrote:Incognito: I don't remember, possibly. One game though, especially one with somebody who has a grudge against me isn't "practically every game".
I might have assumed incorrectly then.
Nocmen wrote:So yet, while hes expressed strong opinions on people other than Emp without giving any reasons, it's bad for me to pressure him for those reasons? That's what I'm understanding from this.
It's not bad to pressure for reasons, no. I just didn't get the impression that that's what you were doing. You seemed to take a very strong stance of just wanting to lynch DP even if his play was just "anti-town" and not necessarily "scummy" extremely early in this game. I personally don't support policy lynches, but from what I've seen from the people who do, I normally see the kind of stance you took a lot closer to deadline after repeated attempts of trying to figure an "anti-town" player out. So when you just wanted to do it pretty much right off the bat, you can see why it might have raised my eyebrows.

AdumbroDeus wrote:Regardless, just proposing it significantly hampers town, it's a distraction and it makes it a lot more likely that PRs will drop tells. So why would town EMP would do it?
Because for some crazy reason, he genuinely believed that it might actually be beneficial for the town? I completely agree with you when you say it's been a huge distraction and that it could have potentially forced PRs into dropping tells, but I'm still failing to see why Empking-scum would do something that bold when he'd have had to have known it would be an unpopular position to take that could potentially make him see the noose in a hurry. And yes, I realize this is subject to WIFOM, but so is everything that leads us to believe one player or another is town.

As for your other question, yes, it was an invitational just for Scummies Winners so the playerlist was impressive.

-~-~-~-~-~-~

I haven't gotten a chance to look through Rhinox's case against fallen angel because I've been fairly busy studying for an exam, but I'll get around to it ASAP. I don't remember anything that really swayed me one way or another on him during my read though. Same could be said for Lrdwhyt for me too. That said, Rhinox, why are singersigner and cruelty leaning town for you currently?
[ooc][color=black]patrickgower2006 (8:12:03 PM): all beer tastes same to me
patrickgower2006 (8:12:07 PM): like dish water
If you see Patrick drinking dish water, please try and stop him. Friends don't let friends drink dish water.[/color][/ooc]
DavidParker
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #206 (ISO) » Mon Nov 08, 2010 8:46 am

Post by DavidParker »

AdumbroDeus wrote:
@Incognito
: The issue with DP is not so much the "recklessness is a towntell" thing, that's true enough, but it's a minor tell at best. The real concern is how SURE he seems that EMP is town. My earlier comments in regards to their relationship stand.

@Empking
: viewtopic.php?p=2613039#p2613039, viewtopic.php?p=2612656#p2612656, viewtopic.php?p=2610154#p2610154, viewtopic.php?p=2605267#p2605267.

All after your 12th post where you mentioned you'd be willing to let it drop, there are all after that. Pretty much everything you've said is in regards to massclaim. I don't like how distracting you've been.
When I get a town read on someone early, I state them as town. Feel free to check other games I am in and you'll see the same thing occurring.
singersigner
singersigner
I Got This
singersigner
I Got This
I Got This

Post Post #207 (ISO) » Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:52 pm

Post by singersigner »

Checking in. Sorry about the stint of MIA. The weekend was much more engaging than I thought it would be.

In any case, I will UNVOTE: DavidParker, as I no longer really see him as scum. He's playing a much better game than I've ever seen him play on this site, and however ironic that might be against his meta as town, I don't think playing better is a scum tell, haha.

Right now, my top scum reads are Adumbro, Nocman, and Empking, in that order. I will come back with more details on those reads later.
Glork and quadz08 are my favorite.

I like tomatoes.
Fishythefish
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #208 (ISO) » Mon Nov 08, 2010 10:26 pm

Post by Fishythefish »

Day 1, Votecount 9

Empking (4) - havingfitz, AdumbroDeus, cruelty, Lrdwhyt
DavidParker (3) – fallen angel, Nocmen
AdumbroDeus (1) - DavidParker
Nocmen (1) - Incognito
Lrdwhyt (1) - Empking
fallen angel (1) – Rhinox

Not Voting (1) - singersigner

With 11 alive, it takes 6 to lynch
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #209 (ISO) » Tue Nov 09, 2010 3:12 am

Post by Rhinox »

incog wrote:That said, Rhinox, why are singersigner and cruelty leaning town for you currently?
Well, lists are very rough at this stage of the game, so they're subject to change. That being said, I strongly think FA is scum, and I believe adumbro and empking are town. I think fitz, noc, and dp are scummiest of the players remaining, so by POE, the remaining 4 (incog, curelty, lrdwhyt, and singer) are probtown. Basically, it doesn't do me any good to have more than 4 scum suspects at a time in this game. There's probably no more than 3 scum in the game, so I already figure that (at least) 1 of my leaning scum reads is wrong. Don't be surprised if there are some changes between the "leaning" groups as I get more information throughout the game. It'll take a lot more to change the town and scum groups, though.
havingfitz
havingfitz
Survivor
havingfitz
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #210 (ISO) » Tue Nov 09, 2010 5:45 am

Post by havingfitz »

Catch up post.

Emp...you accuse me of not doing any scum hunting but I must say...your scumhunting technique leaves a little to be desired as well. You vote for me immediately after I criticize your massclaim plan. You hold that vote for several RL days. You try to deflect my attention onto someone else (singersigner) who you think is either scum or Vi and then proceed to vote Lrdwhyt. So would you agree (at least ITT) that your scum hunting has consisted of whoever is against you is scum? Except apparently Adumbro (???).

@Rhinox...in post 201 you weigh in on the hot topic of D1 (Emp’s MC push) by saying (and I paraphrase) that he seems town for suggesting an idea that would be scummy and thus make him town because scum would not try to come across as town by proposing a plan so scummy scum would never do it (aka WIFOM). Which of course would make it a good suggestion for scum to make. Or not. Or maybe.

I object and Emp immediately votes me for my ‘nonsense argument’ (which is essentially echoed by several other players) which is by no means nonsense.

A day later Adumbro chimes in with a similar opinion (and Emp vote) and you rate his response genuine and call him town.

I on the otherhand respond ‘independent of my alignment’...(WTH does that mean?) and then point out that I could be town against a bad idea or scum trying to earn points by being against a bad idea. So WIFOM works in favor of the person with the bad idea and against the first person to object to agreed to bad idea. WTF?
Rhinox-201 wrote:
me wrote:I for one have nothing worth claiming
which can be taken many ways, but seems awfully suggestive coming from someone who wants nothing to do with mass claiming.
How is my comment suggestive? I’m saying ~Even though I myself do not have anything to claim I’m against a massclaim because it will out all our PRs. I don’t know how to clarify the comment any more than that.

Then Rhinox says:
I can't really say anything about davidparker or cruelty just yet.
and proceeds in the same post to say he’s leaning scum on DP and leaning town on cruelty. Then a day later puts DP in the “scummiest of the players remaining” category. This all despite not having anything to say about him. ?

tl:dr
Rhinox summary - Emp is town for proposing a bad idea & WIFOM, I am leaning scum for opposing a bad idea & WIFOM, and AD is town for opposing a bad idea (wait...isn’t that what I was doing?).

I think you are very inconsistent in your analysis Rhinox. Is there anything you suspect me of that does not involve WIFOM? What makes my suspicions towards Emp different for you from anyone else’s suspicions of him?
Town 57w-66l :: Not Town 29w-16l:: TBD 2
V/LA on weekends (i.e. RL > mafia)

The shortest GTKAS thread ever!
Nocmen
Nocmen
meep meep
Nocmen
meep meep
meep meep

Post Post #211 (ISO) » Tue Nov 09, 2010 7:06 am

Post by Nocmen »

singersigner wrote:Checking in. Sorry about the stint of MIA. The weekend was much more engaging than I thought it would be.

In any case, I will UNVOTE: DavidParker, as I no longer really see him as scum. He's playing a much better game than I've ever seen him play on this site, and however ironic that might be against his meta as town, I don't think playing better is a scum tell, haha.

Right now, my top scum reads are Adumbro, Nocman, and Empking, in that order. I will come back with more details on those reads later.
I look forward to seeing these details.

Especially on Adumbro, because you have him as top scum, and yet Rhinox has him as town.
@Rhinox, can I have more details about why you think Adumbro is town? Espeicaly if you think it'll take a lot to change his opinion to you.
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #212 (ISO) » Tue Nov 09, 2010 7:53 am

Post by Empking »

HF: Or Cruelty. Yes so far my scum reads have been on people that are against mass claim (AKA everyone) but I think there's an obvious reason for that (a clue is hidden in this very post)
DavidParker
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #213 (ISO) » Tue Nov 09, 2010 8:14 am

Post by DavidParker »

So Singer is nocman's scum buddy?
Nocmen
Nocmen
meep meep
Nocmen
meep meep
meep meep

Post Post #214 (ISO) » Tue Nov 09, 2010 8:15 am

Post by Nocmen »

DavidParker wrote:So Singer is nocman's scum buddy?
And tell me why you're thinking that?
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #215 (ISO) » Tue Nov 09, 2010 10:10 am

Post by Rhinox »

havingfitz wrote:@Rhinox...in post 201 you weigh in on the hot topic of D1 (Emp’s MC push) by saying (and I paraphrase) that he seems town for suggesting an idea that would be scummy and thus make him town because scum would not try to come across as town by proposing a plan so scummy scum would never do it (aka WIFOM). Which of course would make it a good suggestion for scum to make. Or not. Or maybe.
No, your paraphrase is wrong. Empking is town for suggesting an idea that makes him the center of attention. I never said the suggestion was scummy. I never said it wasn't. But scum generally don't like to be the center of attention. Therefore, players that put themselves under scrutiny intentionally I generally view as town.

Now, is it possible scum would put themselves under a lot of suspicion in an attempt to look town? Possibly. But I think scum would rather look town while avoiding suspicion.
havingfitz wrote:‘independent of my alignment’...(WTH does that mean?)
It means I could see your response coming from either town or scum.
havingfitz wrote:A day later Adumbro chimes in with a similar opinion (and Emp vote) and you rate his response genuine and call him town.
<snip>
I am leaning scum for opposing a bad idea & WIFOM, and AD is town for opposing a bad idea (wait...isn’t that what I was doing?).
Yes, I think adumbro is genuinely town. He genuinely thinks empking is scum. I think he is trying too hard to make up for what he perceives as a bad performance in /invitation 11 which I was a part of, and is now trying a little too hard. I think he is town with confirmation bias towards empking, which can be a distraction if it continues, but he is town nonetheless.

You on the otherhand... well, I take more into account than just the general idea of your response. For example, you say you are against mass claim and it is scummy to suggest mass claim. And then you say, "I mean, I have nothing to claim..." and this:
havingfitz wrote:How is my comment suggestive? I’m saying ~Even though I myself do not have anything to claim I’m against a massclaim because it will out all our PRs. I don’t know how to clarify the comment any more than that.
I mean, this is basically saying, "Hey, I'm not a PR but I don't want scum to know all our PR's". Guess what would happen if everyone who's not a PR would say they're not a PR...? Thats what empking was talking about earlier with the "soft vanilla claim" thing. If you're town, its anti town because you're making it easier for scum to find the PR's, and if you're scum, its... idk really. Maybe you were hoping someone else would say "I don't have anything to claim either". But if you're going to claim vanilla on page 3 or whatever, you might as well be for a mass claim.
havingfitz wrote:How is my comment suggestive? I’m saying ~Even though I myself do not have anything to claim I’m against a massclaim because it will out all our PRs. I don’t know how to clarify the comment any more than that.
You're acting like something changed between yesterday when I made the list and today when I said DP is in the scummiest of the players remaining category. Nothing changed. He was in the same catogory when I made the list. Thats why I put him where I did.

You're acting as if because I didn't have anything to say about both cruely and DP that my reads of them should be the same. Thats just not the case. I've identified who I think is scum for sure, and who I think is town for sure, and then placed the remaining players where I think they should be based on what information I have at the moment. Some people have got to be scum, and some people have got to be town. If you have a problem with where I placed someone, you can ask for clarification. At this stage of the game, I can tell you that I placed everyone (except for you) on mostly gut instinct based on how I felt while reading the thread, as if I forced myself to take 4 guesses at scum.

---------------------------------
nocman wrote:@Rhinox, can I have more details about why you think Adumbro is town? Espeicaly if you think it'll take a lot to change his opinion to you.
I touched on this in my respnse to fitz. IS that what you were looking for?

---------------------------------
Empking wrote:HF: Or Cruelty. Yes so far my scum reads have been on people that are against mass claim (AKA everyone) but I think there's an obvious reason for that (a clue is hidden in this very post)
I never said I was against mass claiming. In fact, I'm surprised nobody asked me what I thought of the idea.

I just came out of /invitation 11 which was semi open where mass claiming early D0 was a hot topic. There, and here, I'm mostly against it just out of tradition - i.e. mass claiming early is not how its usually done around here.

I think in a semi open or open game, mass claiming early has some upsides. You can increase the town's EV of winning by essentially having "named townies" and narrowing down lynch pools, and forcing scum to make a decision early - thats not to say that the EV could be inproved more with keepign the roles hidden, or the EV could even be reduced if the roles do stay hidden but make poor choices. with mass claiming in that situation though, you know what you get.

In a closed game, I can come up with the down side of letting scum know who the PR's are, but I think the benefits disappear, except for forcing scum into a claim early. I'm not sure there is enough information known about the setup at the start of the game to determine if MC improves the town's EV of winning. We don't know how many PR claims there should be, we don't know (for sure, but we can guess) how many scum there are, and we don't know what PR claims to expect. That makes narrowing down the lynch choices by the claims difficult, if not impossible.

But, maybe I'm just not looking at it the right way or missing ways it could help the town. I'm all for trying out new strategies. I think I was in one of the first games on the site where we didn't have a RVS and instead went with a RQS. I once tried to claim 3rd party sk as town to prevent my mislynch in a LyLo situation where a scum faketracked me to a kill and the town was buying it. I don't know for sure that mass claiming is a bad strategy, but I can't identify ways that make it a better strategy than not mass claiming. But I would still try it in a game at least once in order to see how it turned out and to identify the potential of using such a strategy in more games.
cruelty
cruelty
Goon
cruelty
Goon
Goon

Post Post #216 (ISO) » Tue Nov 09, 2010 3:39 pm

Post by cruelty »

ok sorry this week has been madness for me. i don't really have much time to post now but i have read through and am caught up, so if there's any particular issues you want my thoughts on, ask and i'll do my best over the next 2-3 days to answer.

really briefly, i'm not a huge fan of davidparker, i think he's an illogical mess, but i'm having a truly difficult time working out alignment based on that. having stepped back from the game for a bit and thought objectively about it, i can't really see a scumempking motivation for pushing a d1 mc (although i'm absolutely against it), so i'm rethinking my position there. i'm fairly happy with rhinox and incognito's contribution, but don't have alignment reads. am curious about nocmen, and more curious about singer and AD, but i'll go into that when i have a bit more time.

for now,
unvote
the nexus of the crisis
AdumbroDeus
AdumbroDeus
Goon
AdumbroDeus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #217 (ISO) » Tue Nov 09, 2010 5:28 pm

Post by AdumbroDeus »

DavidParker wrote:When I get a town read on someone early, I state them as town. Feel free to check other games I am in and you'll see the same thing occurring.
Stating a relationship, given the circumstance and how sure you are of being right, I find that unlikely if he flips town.

Incognito wrote:Because for some crazy reason, he genuinely believed that it might actually be beneficial for the town? I completely agree with you when you say it's been a huge distraction and that it could have potentially forced PRs into dropping tells, but I'm still failing to see why Empking-scum would do something that bold when he'd have had to have known it would be an unpopular position to take that could potentially make him see the noose in a hurry. And yes, I realize this is subject to WIFOM, but so is everything that leads us to believe one player or another is town.

As for your other question, yes, it was an invitational just for Scummies Winners so the playerlist was impressive.
Excuse me if I find that very unlikely. Frankly, then it becomes a good strategy to do things that help scum which are blatently outside of your scummy meta because people will wiform themselves out of lynching you. Also, why isn't he trying to help town in any other way?

@Rhinox:
Good to see you again, I promise a stronger performance this game, given that the playerlist isn't quite as insane.

Now then, where's the confirmation bias? Please explain.

Furthermore, I don't see why you're so willing to clear people based on them simply being the center of attention, a number of players (myself included) generally try to be the center of attention regardless of alignment and more then likely there are occasional games where people just choose to take it.

If you think he's town, give me a reason to do this as town that actually makes sense.

Empking wrote:
At least some of them are you mistaking catching Lrd out in a lie and talking about mass claim.

Lrd: I've answered that question almost once a page (possibly an exageration). Because the advantages outweigh the disadvantages.

Firstly, about you catching him in a lie... I would assume he was using "more advantages then disadvantages" colloquially, because it is often used qualitatively rather then quantitatively. This is not an English class, if you wanna lynch him, I hope that you can find something with more substance then that.

Secondly, ok, I'll give you a chance to do something useful. Pick 3 people and ask them useful questions that don't relate to massclaiming at all.
singersigner
singersigner
I Got This
singersigner
I Got This
I Got This

Post Post #218 (ISO) » Tue Nov 09, 2010 9:12 pm

Post by singersigner »

Hmm...
I've gotten very little sleep in the past 4 days (and by very little, I mean 10 hours total). I honestly can't function very well, and can't for the life of me remember why I listed my scum reads like that.
*I agree that Empking is most likely town for allowing himself to be the center of attention so early on in the game (though I also agree that it's not a tell...just the way I'm interpreting this particular situation).
*I have to look at AD again, because I originally thought his defense of Epmking's claim was fishy, and looked like blatant buddying...but now he's voting for Emp, so...
*I'll do an ISO on Nocman again, because my read on him was gut. I'm gunna look back to see if anything jumps out at me, or if maybe I'm just dumb and tired.

Right now, the only solid read I have for town is Rhinox. I agree with everything he has to say in his 201 post, and for that, I will VOTE: fallen angel.

I do question this, though:
Rhinox wrote:I mean, this is basically saying, "Hey, I'm not a PR but I don't want scum to know all our PR's". Guess what would happen if everyone who's not a PR would say they're not a PR...? Thats what empking was talking about earlier with the "soft vanilla claim" thing. If you're town, its anti town because you're making it easier for scum to find the PR's, and if you're scum, its... idk really. Maybe you were hoping someone else would say "I don't have anything to claim either". But if you're going to claim vanilla on page 3 or whatever, you might as well be for a mass claim.
Unless someone voluntarily offers up a claim other than VT, with no prompting other than the possible L-1, I have a hard time believing anyone would say, oh hey, mass claim, time to out myself as a PR! As scum, I don't think I would afford trusting anyone's soft-claims as a VT. PR's want to hide, right? Whether or not they make a point of saying "I have nothing to claim" is WIFOM.~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~I'm waaaaay too tired to double check that this made sense, and reading over it again, it probably doesn't, but I just needed to get my thoughts on that out there. I'll clarify tomorrow if I need to.
Empking wrote:HF: Or Cruelty. Yes so far my scum reads have been on people that are against mass claim (AKA everyone) but I think there's an obvious reason for that (a clue is hidden in this very post)
I honestly have no idea what you mean by this. Care to explain?

@DavidParker...what? I JUST said I was having more confidence in your play...why'd you have to go and ruin it like that...

@ADB...I like your latest contributions, even though I don't necessarily agree with your vision of "center of attention."
Adumbro wrote:Furthermore, I don't see why you're so willing to clear people based on them simply being the center of attention, a number of players (myself included) generally try to be the center of attention regardless of alignment and more then likely there are occasional games where people just choose to take it.
There's a difference between being up in people's faces about their posts (drawing attention), and then doing some huge move that could very clearly be taken as scummy, but willing to risk it anyway for what you *mistakingly* think is the best for town.

Don't get me wrong, I did, and still do, think it was the worst idea ever. In my head, all I picture us doing is one by one saying, hey I'm just a VT, too! The outcome of the
reactions
to the suggestion was the most important thing, not the outcome of the suggestion itself. I mean, really, Emp, did you actually think it was going to pan out?

I like tomatoes.
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #219 (ISO) » Tue Nov 09, 2010 10:02 pm

Post by Empking »

Singer: Every player disagrees with me. Therefore all my scum reads must be on players that disagree with me.

I thought it had a chance so I had to attempt it.
singersigner
singersigner
I Got This
singersigner
I Got This
I Got This

Post Post #220 (ISO) » Tue Nov 09, 2010 10:32 pm

Post by singersigner »

Oh...you made it all cryptic and stuff...insomnia is not conducive to analysis/understanding. But yeah, for how dumb it sounds, it makes sense.

I like tomatoes.
Fishythefish
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #221 (ISO) » Wed Nov 10, 2010 3:25 am

Post by Fishythefish »

Day 1, Votecount 10

Empking (3) - havingfitz, AdumbroDeus, Lrdwhyt
DavidParker (2) – fallen angel, Nocmen
fallen angel (2) – Rhinox, singersigner
AdumbroDeus (1) - DavidParker
Nocmen (1) - Incognito
Lrdwhyt (1) - Empking

Not Voting (1) - cruelty

With 11 alive, it takes 6 to lynch.
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #222 (ISO) » Wed Nov 10, 2010 4:00 am

Post by Rhinox »

adumbro wrote:Now then, where's the confirmation bias? Please explain.
Nearly everyone one of your posts is about emp. Nearly all of your responses to others are regarding emp. Your in crazy paranoia land that "just because emp has a scummy he's going to manipulate us all and we're not even going to realize" - which is BS by the way. Your superbold screaming at us.
adumbro regarding empking wrote:All after your 12th post where you mentioned you'd be willing to let it drop, there are all after that. Pretty much everything you've said is in regards to massclaim. I don't like how distracting you've been.
So I'm up to your post 31 in iso and pretty much all you said is in regards to mass claim.

I think I've said enough on the topic of confirmation bias...
adumbro wrote:Furthermore, I don't see why you're so willing to clear people based on them simply being the center of attention, a number of players (myself included) generally try to be the center of attention regardless of alignment and more then likely there are occasional games where people just choose to take it.
pro-tip: this was the point where you were supposed to say "hey rhinox, didn't you call DGB town in /invitational 11 for doing something questionable D0 to garner a lot of suspicion and become the center of attention and she was actually scum". Let me answer this by referring to a different quote of yours.
adumbro wrote:Town has no reason to make themselves insanely scummy (somewhat scummy yes as a PR), so there's no town objective here.
I think you've got it backwards. Town doesn't care if they look scummy because they're not (supposed to be) concerned with survival, they're concerned with catching scum. (that doesn't mean townies should throw all caution to the wind, but there is an entire thread in the MD about this...) Scum on the other hand, want to blend in, look town, and survive.

While there are some players who will do things to stand out as scum, in general, it's avoided. Look at plum's play in /invitiational 11 - and she's the one who should get a scummy for that game, not DGB, who got lynched.

So its just not good play for scum to intentionally put themselves in the center of attention and under heavy suspicion.

--------------------------------------------------------------
singer wrote:Unless someone voluntarily offers up a claim other than VT, with no prompting other than the possible L-1, I have a hard time believing anyone would say, oh hey, mass claim, time to out myself as a PR! As scum, I don't think I would afford trusting anyone's soft-claims as a VT. PR's want to hide, right? Whether or not they make a point of saying "I have nothing to claim" is WIFOM.~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~I'm waaaaay too tired to double check that this made sense, and reading over it again, it probably doesn't, but I just needed to get my thoughts on that out there. I'll clarify tomorrow if I need to.
I think you guys are not understanding how a mass claim works. If everyone agrees to a mass claim and its done, you actually claim your role. You don't claim VT as town. If later, someone says no don't lynch me I'm not a VT I'm actually a <whatever>, they get lynched. Otherwise, mass claim is pretty pointless.

Anyways, the point is, there is no reason for any town to say "I have nothing to claim". If the idea is to make the scum question whether or not you are a PR, you can do that by not revealing any hints about your role at all.
havingfitz
havingfitz
Survivor
havingfitz
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #223 (ISO) » Thu Nov 11, 2010 1:38 am

Post by havingfitz »

Catching up a bit. If I miss something directed at me let me know and I will try to address it.

@Rhinox...we’ll just have to disagree on how we view your town read of Empking. I still see your read as - he must be town because scum would not do something that scummy (push for a MC). I call it scummy...you call it making one’s self the center of attention. I agree he made himself the center of attention (because IMO he proposed a scummy plan). Regardless...if scum know no one would suspect them of being scum for doing something so scummy....then why not do it to be deemed town? And as it stands...the bulk of my suspicions towards Empking are not the MC push itself.

Question to all.
Have any of you been in a game where scum suggested a massclaim at an early stage of the game...say D1 or D2?
Rhinox wrote:Yes, I think adumbro is genuinely town. He genuinely thinks empking is scum.
Are you not of the opinion that I genuinely think Empking is scum? Because I do. I need to do a bit of reading/ISOs though as my suspect list is rather small at the moment (1).
Rhinox wrote:I mean, this is basically saying, "Hey, I'm not a PR but I don't want scum to know all our PR's". Guess what would happen if everyone who's not a PR would say they're not a PR...? Thats what empking was talking about earlier with the "soft vanilla claim" thing. If you're town, its anti town because you're making it easier for scum to find the PR's, and if you're scum, its... idk really. Maybe you were hoping someone else would say "I don't have anything to claim either". But if you're going to claim vanilla on page 3 or whatever, you might as well be for a mass claim.
If I was a PR and did not support a massclaim (which I do not) would you expect me to say “I’m a PR but I’m not going to tell you which one”? Call my comment whatever you would like but whether I was VT or a PR...I would not have anything to claim. And if I was scum I would be interested in finding out what and where the PRs were and at the very least I would stay quiet on the subject of a MC for some length of time to see where it was headed. Rather than immediately jump to oppose it.
Town 57w-66l :: Not Town 29w-16l:: TBD 2
V/LA on weekends (i.e. RL > mafia)

The shortest GTKAS thread ever!
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #224 (ISO) » Thu Nov 11, 2010 2:59 am

Post by Rhinox »

havingfitz wrote:And if I was scum I would be interested in finding out what and where the PRs were and at the very least I would stay quiet on the subject of a MC for some length of time to see where it was headed. Rather than immediately jump to oppose it.
So, everyone but empking opposes mass claim. That means only empking is scum?

Of course not, so I hope you see how horrible a reason that is as evidence that you're town.

I would think you'd be looking into both fallenangel and confidanon/incognito, as both of them initially humored the idea of a mass claim. Do you think anyone in the game fits the description of "staying quiet on the subject of a MC for some length of time to see where it was headed."
havingfitz wrote:Regardless...if scum know no one would suspect them of being scum for doing something so scummy....then why not do it to be deemed town?
Look around... there's a number of people who find empking scummy. So obviously, empking isn't "scum who knew no one would suspect him for suggesting mass claim, so hi did it to look town."
havingfitz wrote:Question to all. Have any of you been in a game where scum suggested a massclaim at an early stage of the game...say D1 or D2?
Not that I remember.
havingfitz wrote:If I was a PR and did not support a massclaim (which I do not) would you expect me to say “I’m a PR but I’m not going to tell you which one”? Call my comment whatever you would like but whether I was VT or a PR...I would not have anything to claim.
rhinox wrote:Anyways, the point is, there is no reason for any town to say "I have nothing to claim". If the idea is to make the scum question whether or not you are a PR, you can do that by not revealing any hints about your role at all.
In other words, regardless of your role, if you're town and did not support mass claim, I would expect you to say "I don not support a mass claim" and move on. Not, "I don't have anything to claim, so I don't support a mass claim."

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”