Newbie 1026 - Day 3

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
silverbullet999
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #125 (ISO) » Sun Nov 07, 2010 11:01 am

Post by silverbullet999 »

*a tear almost formed up from above*
*but it did not*
*also only writes 1 time*
... People were right it seems....
slowsilver
slowsilver
Townie
slowsilver
Townie
Townie

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Sun Nov 07, 2010 11:40 am

Post by slowsilver »

I find it clever and funny to be honest
Obnoxious Quote: "Nuthunuul, ofc." --Parama, Mini 1079, page 2 for reference

[Scummiest scum of the month here]
silverbullet999
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Sun Nov 07, 2010 2:21 pm

I find it clever and funny to be honest
*likes this guy*
podium123456
podium123456
Mafia Scum
podium123456
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Sun Nov 07, 2010 2:39 pm

Post by podium123456 »

It can be a clever/funny style if used in moderation... saying stuff like *writes on a notepad*/*hands him notepad*/*waits for response* is neither.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

OK, i did the best i could reading over the thread so far. fouxdefafa's (who i replaced) vote on werewolf to put him at L-1 was pretty bad, and his rambling reason for doing so and then unvoting with all the disclaimers was pretty bad too. but im not worried about taking over his slot.

looks like the typical D1 activities going on... which is not much.

@ thebadone:
TheBadOne wrote:I think we have to do something, because this silence is only good for the scums...
This is a scummy sounding post... especially when you consider the 24 hours previous to this were filled with activity.

@ looker: Did i miss something in this post? Why did you vote for TM?

@ silverbullet: In this post you imply that fouxdefafa was twisting words. Where so?

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I dont like how silverbullet dropped the 'scum pair' accusation, and the 'buddy' accusation on such weak reasons. I also don't like when people talk in character or use some unorthodox method of communication... too easy for scum to hide behind, or to unnecessarily bring confusion into the discussion. Also, he joins several others that appear to be active lurking.

VOTE:
Unvote
Vote: silverbullet999
silverbullet999
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Sun Nov 07, 2010 3:09 pm

*is heavily tempted to address you as jackass... in honor of your avatar*
@ silverbullet: In this post you imply that fouxdefafa was twisting words. Where so?
*asks you to read the four posts above that post you quote... in case your confused the post numbers are 65-68 and post 60..,*
*points out that these posts are where he has many "typos"
I dont like how silverbullet dropped the 'scum pair' accusation, and the 'buddy' accusation on such weak reasons.
*likes how you recycle the same reason as your previous slot as a reason to vote me*
*Also likes that you find me suspicious for not liking someone reusing my own reasons for hopping on a wagon*
*to refresh your memory of what I'm talking about*
SilverBullet wrote
*gets ready to say hello to buddy who basically reused my own reasoning (with the exception of the comment about L-1) to hop on wagon*
-------
I also don't like when people talk in character or use some unorthodox method of communication... too easy for scum to hide behind, or to unnecessarily bring confusion into the discussion.
*likes that your avatar is a jackass*
Also, he joins several others that appear to be active lurking.
*likes that this reason also adds on to justifying a vote*

*senses a a possible scum replacement getting butthurt that he might be already outed*

*looks back at above post*
accusation on such weak reasons
*loves the irony*

*is now liking his vote where it stands at the overly defensive donkey*
podium123456
podium123456
Mafia Scum
podium123456
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Sun Nov 07, 2010 3:52 pm

Post by podium123456 »

silverbullet999 wrote: *likes how you recycle the same reason as your previous slot as a reason to vote me*
NEWSFLASH: Scummy actions will get noticed/mentioned by multiple players. It isn't really noteworthy unless someone consistently uses other people's reasons, and adds nothing new, for the majority of the game.
silverbullet999 wrote:
Also, he joins several others that appear to be active lurking.
*likes that this reason also adds on to justifying a vote*
I have no idea what you are implying here. I would like to request that you start speaking normally... as several people have already commented that your 'style' is confusing to read.
silverbullet999 wrote: *senses a a possible scum replacement getting butthurt that he might be already outed*
*senses a possible scum getting butthurt that he might be already outed*

...i mean seriously, of what use is a line like that to the game?
silverbullet999 wrote:
accusation on such weak reasons
*loves the irony*
Whether or not that is 'ironic' is based on subjective interpretation.

Obviously, i dont think it is ironic because i feel my reasons for voting you are much more substantial than the reasons you gave for making 'scum team' and 'buddying' accusations. Outside parties can reach their own conclusions.
silverbullet999 wrote: *is now liking his vote where it stands at the overly defensive donkey*
Actually, i believe this is objectively ironic. You accuse my post (that includes no defense of myself... actually i criticized my predecessors actions) as defensive, in a post in which you are being overly defensive.
silverbullet999
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Sun Nov 07, 2010 5:49 pm

*notices a few things in above post*
*you ignore my retort about buddying*
*you are feigning idiocy of not understanding my style*
*so you can stop feigning idiocy... this post is for you*
NEWSFLASH: Scummy actions will get noticed/mentioned by multiple players. It isn't really noteworthy unless someone consistently uses other people's reasons, and adds nothing new, for the majority of the game.
So you just admitted that you recycling your predecessors views... is not noteworthy, because by god! you didn't add anything new mister.
I have no idea what you are implying here. I would like to request that you start speaking normally... as several people have already commented that your 'style' is confusing to read.
feign of idiocy is unappreciated
...i mean seriously, of what use is a line like that to the game?
Are you really asking this?
You are sad that you replaced into a game as scum yet you have been outed so soon. (I believed this to be a possibility.. but now I'm ever more confident of it).
Actually, i believe this is objectively ironic. You accuse my post (that includes no defense of myself... actually i criticized my predecessors actions) as defensive, in a post in which you are being overly defensive.
You are retaliating against me for voting you...

jackass

----------------------------

*would be more than happy with a jackass lynch atm... though it's way to early to end the day, so don't do it yet... not that I expect this to occur super quick*
Excedrin
Excedrin
Goon
Excedrin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Sun Nov 07, 2010 6:41 pm

Post by Excedrin »

Vote Count

podium123456 (2): silverbullet999, TheBadOne
slowsilver (2): werewolf555, nopointinactingup
Trainedmonkey (1): Looker
TheBadOne (1): Trainedmonkey
silverbullet999 (2): slowsilver, podium123456

not voting: Domination3000
alive: 9 majority: 5
D1 Deadline: AD 2010-11-20 05:33:24.390 PM (Sat) Pacific Standard Time
1 weeks, 5 days, 19 hours, 51 minutes, 53 seconds
podium123456
podium123456
Mafia Scum
podium123456
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Sun Nov 07, 2010 6:56 pm

Post by podium123456 »

silverbullet999 wrote:*notices a few things in above post*
*you ignore my retort about buddying*
*you are feigning idiocy of not understanding my style*
*so you can stop feigning idiocy... this post is for you*
I have no idea what you are talking about here. I don't know what 'retort' i supposedly ignored, and i don't know why you think i am faking when i say that you're method of communication is confusing at times.
silverbullet999 wrote:
So you just admitted that you recycling your predecessors views... is not noteworthy, because by god! you didn't add anything new mister.
.... what? This doesn't make any sense. You say that I 'admitted' that my recycling wasn't noteworthy (um... ok? yes, i agree that it wasn't worthy of criticism), and then you say i didn't add anything new... except that i did.

???
silverbullet999 wrote:
feign of idiocy is unappreciated
There is no feign... i didnt understand what you meant. Would you like to clear it up? Or would you like to keep playing games?

silverbullet999 wrote:
You are retaliating against me for voting you...
You are shifting the argument here. You accused me of being overly defensive, yet i didn't defend myself at all... so it was a misrepresentation.

silverbullet999 wrote: jackass
Do NOT start name calling.
silverbullet999
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Sun Nov 07, 2010 7:18 pm

*jackass is not being meant in an offensive way... if you change your avatar than it will cease*
nopointinactingup
nopointinactingup
Mafia Scum
nopointinactingup
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Sun Nov 07, 2010 7:23 pm

Post by nopointinactingup »

slowsilver wrote:I've posted more in this thread than in my other game
But you have not posted CONTENT. I'm sure you don't need a definition of what it means.
podium123456 wrote:hey everyone... i am replacing fouxdufafa. i hate replacing into games, because it's hard for me to get involved with a game i havent been in from the start... but i feel guilty if i never replace into anything, because it is so helpful to the site... heh. so this was a good choice being that it was only 5 pages, and not a lot of wall-posts (yet). i have made a brief run-through of the thread... will take a closer look later today and give some thoughts.

this is my 9th game on this site, and i have played hundreds on a chat mafia site (where the games last anywhere from 5 - 20 minutes).
Hi Podium! Long time no see :D I see that you are making enemies already *nostalgic*
podium123456 wrote: I also don't like when people talk in character or use some unorthodox method of communication... too easy for scum to hide behind, or to unnecessarily bring confusion into the discussion. Also, he joins several others that appear to be active lurking.

VOTE:
Unvote
Vote: silverbullet999
I do it too. I don't see how scum can "hide behind" such things? Though I do admit it is confusing at times and would be happy if he discontinues it.
silverbullet999 wrote:
*gets ready to say hello to buddy who basically reused my own reasoning (with the exception of the comment about L-1) to hop on wagon*
What? So you mean you think I'm Podium's scumbuddy? @@ True my reasoning was similar to yours but it only proves that you read the thread first.
silverbullet999 wrote: You are sad that you replaced into a game as scum yet you have been outed so soon. (I believed this to be a possibility.. but now I'm ever more confident of it).
I don't think Foux was anywhere near an "outed scum". I stated that I didn't think Foux was scum after his response.
jackass
Please don't refer to people that way, regardless of what his avatar looks like.
Justice will prevail
\m/
silverbullet999
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Sun Nov 07, 2010 7:37 pm

Podcast
I have no idea what you are talking about here. I don't know what 'retort' i supposedly ignored, and i don't know why you think i am faking when i say that you're method of communication is confusing at times.
*quotes silverbullet*
*Also likes that you find me suspicious for not liking someone reusing my own reasons for hopping on a wagon*
SilverBullet wrote

xxxxxx
and then you say i didn't add anything new... except that i did.
*wants to know what the hell you added*
You are shifting the argument here. You accused me of being overly defensive, yet i didn't defend myself at all... so it was a misrepresentation.
*shakes head in a 'no' like fashion*
Reaction to a vote is defensive, your defense is attacking me.
There is no misrepresentation, but nice try.

========================

Nopoint
What? So you mean you think I'm Podium's scumbuddy? @@ True my reasoning was similar to yours but it only proves that you read the thread first.
When does me saying your buddying to me.. = You are podiums scum buddy
*scratches head*
I don't think Foux was anywhere near an "outed scum". I stated that I didn't think Foux was scum after his response.
Foux wasn't... pod is getting there.
Please don't refer to people that way, regardless of what his avatar looks like.
Though I do admit it is confusing at times and would be happy if he discontinues it.
*reads both above and shakes head in a 'no' like fashion.*
podium123456
podium123456
Mafia Scum
podium123456
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Sun Nov 07, 2010 8:44 pm

Post by podium123456 »

Hey nopoint. :wink:
silverbullet999 wrote:*jackass is not being meant in an offensive way... if you change your avatar than it will cease*
I (we) wasn't born yesterday... so you can save that excuse.

I've asked you not to do it. If you continue, i will request that the mod replaces you.

Your move.
podium123456
podium123456
Mafia Scum
podium123456
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Sun Nov 07, 2010 9:26 pm

Post by podium123456 »

silverbullet999 wrote: *Also likes that you find me suspicious for not liking someone reusing my own reasons for hopping on a wagon*
SilverBullet wrote

There's no 'retort' for me to respond to. It looks like you are attempting to connect two unrelated events to create a non-existant point. Re-phrase what you are trying to say.

Or are you saying that i am being hypocritical, by calling you suspicious for doing something that i am doing? If so, then you are wrong... i didn't do what you did. Think about it.

silverbullet999 wrote:
and then you say i didn't add anything new... except that i did.
*wants to know what the hell you added*
Hah. How about using weak reasons to make 'scum team' and 'buddy' accusations. Don't believe me? Go check. No one had said that those were weak reasons.

Also, i don't believe anyone had given a reason as to how talking in character (or using a confusing style) could be scummy.
silverbullet999 wrote:
*shakes head in a 'no' like fashion*
Reaction to a vote is defensive, your defense is attacking me.
There is no misrepresentation, but nice try.
You are apparently confusing the terms 'overly defensive' and 'omgus'. If you want to say that my vote for you was omgus, then go for it. But saying that i was being overly defensive is a misrepresentation.

silverbullet999 wrote:
Foux wasn't... pod is getting there.
What exactly is your case against me at this point? Because even though you have typed a lot of stuff, i don't recall having seen anything specific thus far.
TheBadOne
TheBadOne
Townie
TheBadOne
Townie
Townie

Post Post #139 (ISO) » Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:45 am

Post by TheBadOne »

Unvote: podium123456, vote: silverbullet999

Your stile irritates me, and I don't understand many things you say. Just do like the rest :roll:
silverbullet999
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #140 (ISO) » Mon Nov 08, 2010 4:54 am

*laughs at the feigning of idiocy*
silverbullet999
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #141 (ISO) » Mon Nov 08, 2010 4:58 am

Hah. How about using weak reasons to make 'scum team' and 'buddy' accusations. Don't believe me? Go check. No one had said that those were weak reasons.
Foux wrote
I find it strange that this to you implied scum pair, but werewolf was jumping on your joke reason earlier(as noted above). And in the following post I believe it's you that calls werewolf a noob scum for using this logic? I'm feeling a strange connection, but it seems more like it's coming from werewolf than you. He's a bit fishy. I also feel like my vote is being wasted right now as Looker is under the radar.
There's no 'retort' for me to respond to. It looks like you are attempting to connect two unrelated events to create a non-existant point. Re-phrase what you are trying to say.
if what I quoted isn't the buddying what is
I (we) wasn't born yesterday... so you can save that excuse.

I've asked you not to do it. If you continue, i will request that the mod replaces you.

Your move.
I was being serious you stupid bastard.
silverbullet999
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #142 (ISO) » Mon Nov 08, 2010 5:00 am

Your stile irritates me, and I don't understand many things you say. Just do like the rest :roll:
Way to fail at spelling.
silverbullet999
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #143 (ISO) » Mon Nov 08, 2010 5:14 am

Lastly
You are apparently confusing the terms 'overly defensive' and 'omgus'. If you want to say that my vote for you was omgus, then go for it. But saying that i was being overly defensive is a misrepresentation.
omgus.. is a type of defense... thus you are being overly defensive by not just using omgus... but your overall actions
podium123456
podium123456
Mafia Scum
podium123456
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #144 (ISO) » Mon Nov 08, 2010 7:51 am

Post by podium123456 »

OK, this has dominated the thread enough... and i have no desire to keep trying to decipher what you are trying to say. If an outside party wants me to address something that has been discussed, feel free to request it.

Also calling me a stupid bastard and criticizing someone's spelling, has no place on these forums... and breaks the golden rule of this game's rule-set. You will be lucky if the mod doesn't replace you... and if he doesn't, i suggest you change your attitude.
Excedrin
Excedrin
Goon
Excedrin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #145 (ISO) » Mon Nov 08, 2010 10:19 am

Post by Excedrin »

Vote Count

podium123456 (1): silverbullet999
slowsilver (2): werewolf555, nopointinactingup
Trainedmonkey (1): Looker
TheBadOne (1): Trainedmonkey
silverbullet999 (3): slowsilver, podium123456, TheBadOne

not voting: Domination3000
alive: 9 majority: 5
D1 Deadline: AD 2010-11-20 05:33:24.390 PM (Sat) Pacific Standard Time
1 weeks, 5 days, 4 hours, 13 minutes, 40 seconds
slowsilver
slowsilver
Townie
slowsilver
Townie
Townie

Post Post #146 (ISO) » Mon Nov 08, 2010 11:18 am

Post by slowsilver »

Hmm... my gut instinct tells me that neither of the people arguing are scum, it is just a gut feeling - so I'm sticking with my brain and my vote.

podium123456
podium123456
Mafia Scum
podium123456
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #147 (ISO) » Mon Nov 08, 2010 11:21 am

Post by podium123456 »

slowsilver wrote:Hmm... my gut instinct tells me that neither of the people arguing are scum, it is just a gut feeling - so I'm sticking with my brain and my vote.
You think that neither of the people arguing are scum, so you will stick with your current vote... which is on one of the people that are arguing.

Try again.
slowsilver
slowsilver
Townie
slowsilver
Townie
Townie

Post Post #148 (ISO) » Mon Nov 08, 2010 11:27 am

Post by slowsilver »

Euh no, you should learn to read

podium123456
podium123456
Mafia Scum
podium123456
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #149 (ISO) » Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:15 pm

Post by podium123456 »

slowsilver wrote:Euh no, you should learn to read
???

Weren't you referring to silver bullet and myself when you made that comment?

Your vote is on silver bullet.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”