Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2075 (ISO) » Sat Nov 06, 2010 5:13 pm

Post by Plum »

Nu SpyreX, what do you think of my plan regarding sanctioned Murders? I need you to read it and tell me what you think before we comb it for technical matters, y'know.
Furcolow
Furcolow
To Be Frank
Furcolow
To Be Frank
To Be Frank

Post Post #2076 (ISO) » Sat Nov 06, 2010 7:40 pm

Post by Furcolow »

I am here. I have some serious catching up to do, so expect a lengthy post with a lot of FoS.
Percy
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Percy
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu
Rainbow Robot Cthulhu

Post Post #2077 (ISO) » Sat Nov 06, 2010 8:03 pm

Post by Percy »

Vote Count

*whisper whisper*

El Goosuki - 6
(Seacore, SpyreX, kunkstar7, Wraith, xvart, Nicodemus)
MagnaofIllusion - 4
(Trilobite, VP Baltar, Benmage, VasudeVa)
Benmage - 3
(AurorusVox, Furcolow, Furpants_Tom)
Wraith - 2
(Plum, manho)
kunkstar7 - 2
(totallynotmafia, Wickedestjr)
Furpants_Tom - 1
(
Nicodemus
, nopointinactingup)
Baby Spice - 1
(Triglav)

Not Voting - 6 (Andrius, Baby Spice, El Goosuki, Feysal, hitogoroshi, MagnaofIllusion,
Wickedestjr
)

Fate
is currently
Soulless
. The following
players wish to
Dispatch Fate
: (VP Baltar, kunkstar7, MagnaofIllusion, Seacore, nopointinactingup, Trilobite, manho, Wickedestjr, Baby Spice)

Activity check tomorrow.

With 25 alive, 13 votes secures a Lynch/Dispatch.
hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #2078 (ISO) » Sat Nov 06, 2010 9:45 pm

Post by hitogoroshi »

Sorry for the delay there. Was laid low by a combination of sickness and tests. (Also, I finally started reading A Song of Ice and Fire...I'm sure Faraday and Seacore can understand that timesink. :p)

Benmage should follow through on his stalk.

Am curious why ElG apparently didn't read my guide. The idea behind posting a picture in the thread and making it stupidly obvious that a guide is here is so we can avoid the WIFOM game of "oh, I just didn't notice x". This would appear at first glance to be one of those, but do scum really get a large benefit by lying about an investigate? Or is this more likely to be a legit mistake? I'll need to think on it.

Everyone on the Benmage wagon:
seriously, there is like zero chance Benmage is cult. Move your vote please?

Random thought for everyone: let's say you knew you were the target of Benmage's stalk. What would be your reaction?

Plum is still town, Spyrex is still town, VP is looking a lot better now than his low-impact D1. I like his 2066 and I am totally willing to sheep it until I get my head back in the game.

BAAAAAAAAAAAAA

VOTE: MagnaofIllusion
"Don’t buy a dozen eggs if you just want a hardboiled egg. Don’t buy a head of lettuce if you just want a salad. Don’t buy eggs and lettuce if you want egg salad because those are not the right ingredients." -Julius Bloop
Seacore
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Seacore
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2079 (ISO) » Sat Nov 06, 2010 10:08 pm

Post by Seacore »

hitogoroshi wrote:Random thought for everyone: let's say you knew you were the target of Benmage's stalk. What would be your reaction?
My first thought was that I'd just scum hunt extra hard, hoping that Benmage would see how obvtown I was and decide not to kill me.
Then I realised that nothing short of Mod Confirmation would stop Benmage from killing whoever it is he has decided is scum. So I'd just contribute as usual and wait for the mini theme I'm in the queue for to start.
hitogoroshi wrote:
Am curious why ElG apparently didn't read my guide. The idea behind posting a picture in the thread and making it stupidly obvious that a guide is here is so we can avoid the WIFOM game of "oh, I just didn't notice x". This would appear at first glance to be one of those, but do scum really get a large benefit by lying about an investigate? Or is this more likely to be a legit mistake? I'll need to think on it.
I think this is could be precisely why El G has claimed a crap night action. Because there is no specific gain in the claim itself, but it reinforces the image of a player that doesn't have a strong grasp of the game.

In other news, I'm being persuaded on kunk and slightly, ever so slightly on MoI. I'll have to re-investigate it, for a third time.
hitogoroshi wrote:Sorry for the delay there. Was laid low by a combination of sickness and tests. (Also, I finally started reading A Song of Ice and Fire...I'm sure Faraday and Seacore can understand that timesink. :p)

Hehe, A Game of Thrones is bloody addictive. I like the later books more, but the first was probably the hardest to put down. If you read fast enough, you'll be ready for our next game.
AurorusVox
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #2080 (ISO) » Sat Nov 06, 2010 10:41 pm

Post by AurorusVox »

SpyreX wrote:You are going "ALL YOU DID IS SHEEP" but I most certainly didn't baa on that retarded Seacore wagon.
Maybe you and Seacore are scum together ^^
Or maybe you only sheep scum for bussing.
Or maybe you sheep erratically to defend against the accusations of sheeping.

---

Or maybe you're selective in it because you're town and you only like sheeping when you see a good case.

I don't think I've ever said sheeping was a scumtell...I said that you seemed to try to hide the fact that you were voting without adding anything. Oh - kind of like what you did with RC! Which was pointed out! Which --- you've tried to avoid being accused of!! Dun dun dunn.

---

I also asked you a couple of direct questions. Answers plox.
THE LEMON LIVES! - Cabd
Furcolow
Furcolow
To Be Frank
Furcolow
To Be Frank
To Be Frank

Post Post #2081 (ISO) » Sat Nov 06, 2010 11:07 pm

Post by Furcolow »

vote: moi

policy lynch
too tough to read him
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #2082 (ISO) » Sun Nov 07, 2010 12:16 am

Post by VP Baltar »

I agree with hito that Benmage voters need to shuffle over to someone else. The consensus is to let him kill as he pleases. I still say he should be forced to grave rob or be lynched, but whatever. If Benmage targeted me, I'd ask to be protected. That may sound selfish, but I think I'm an asset to the town and getting NKed by someone playing terribly in game that I really want to play would piss me off.

Spyrex and AV need to exit the vortex of tunnelling. You're both ceasing to contribute meaningfully to the thread and we don't need that. What do you think of MoI and the case I spent my entire Saturday afternoon working on?
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
AurorusVox
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2083 (ISO) » Sun Nov 07, 2010 1:45 am

Post by AurorusVox »

I am trying to follow up on other things. I asked MoI a question earlier that I'm still waiting for a reply on, I don't really want to comment on the case against him until that's been answered. I'm also still waiting on Andy to respond to my question regarding Vas/Moi :\

Has anyone actually asked El G directly for clarification as to why he investigated last night?

EL G
: what excuse do you have for taking an action that was described as useless in a post that you yourself acknowledged that you had read?
THE LEMON LIVES! - Cabd
totallynotmafia
totallynotmafia
Goon
totallynotmafia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2084 (ISO) » Sun Nov 07, 2010 3:20 am

Post by totallynotmafia »

Heh Wicked's case on kunkstar is pretty much the same as the one i had been procrastinating to write, kunkstar has basically been going with the voting flow thus far (including unvoting furc when hito stepped in), and he also demanded that BM claim his target, which at the surface seems pro-town but it actually benefits cult for them to know.

The following bit in the box is flawed because after writing it I realised that if El Goosuki is cult he may have a cult buddy who has an investigation kit so it would ruin the whole thing, but I'll post it anyway in case anyone can think of a way to use it:

I think we should have El Goosuki try to prove he is town tonight, if he is telling the truth he should still have an investigation kit and so we should make him investigate somebody tonight and say tomorrow if they are bloody or not, and that person can confirm or deny it. The target for the investigation would have to be chosen by El Goosuki and not revealed to anyone so that if El Goosuki is an investigator, cult can't interfere with it. If El Goosuki is cult then he'll either have to:

a) say he investigated one of his cult members. We wont know if he has done this but we will know that if El Goosuki ever flips scum then the other person most likely is too.

or b) pick an investigator and guess, which is massively risky if he guesses wrong
AurorusVox
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2085 (ISO) » Sun Nov 07, 2010 4:07 am

Post by AurorusVox »

Hmm. The way it could work is if, for example, Wickedestjr secretly decided to launder or not-launder tonight. Then El G forensic tools him and has a 50:50 chance of guessing correctly. It's not very reliable, though it could catch El G out.

If he's cult and he picks an investigator, he'll just say they're not bloody. The only investigators who are bloody will be those hoping to go the murderer route. I can't see them outing themselves just to get El G lynched.
THE LEMON LIVES! - Cabd
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2086 (ISO) » Sun Nov 07, 2010 4:18 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Yeah, AV's plan is the only true way to test that because no investigator should be bloody other than rezzers or potential murderers. We know the former and the latter aren't going to claim to be bloody. Of course, the problem is that right now Wicked is one of the best people to grave rob and therefore wouldn't have an action available to launder. We could replace him in the grave robbing with another pro-town person or put me back in there, but that is theoretically riskier for the town.
YOUR AD HERE

Trilobite
Trilobite
Goon
Trilobite
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2087 (ISO) » Sun Nov 07, 2010 4:56 am

Post by Trilobite »

Plum Post 1974 wrote:G-d help me but suddenly I'm liking Seacore a hell of a lot :?.
Ditto, glad it's not just me.
Nicodemus Post 2056 wrote:Okay, I'm seeing Tom's position on the Ben wagon a lot better, and it doesn't really seem like it's coming from scum. Not sure I like all the rhetoric he's throwing out regarding lynching (hanging, swinging, etc.), but that's probably just me being uncomfortable, and not something scummy.
Unvote: Furpants_Tom
I very much disagree with this. From what I have read Furpants seems to agree ben is likely investigator and wants to hang him anyway. He has done little to no actual cult hunting today or even yesterday.

Furpants:
Top cult suspects ASAP please.

I really like VP's MoI case.

Kunk is my second suspect and would be the only person I would consider switching too.

As for the set up stuff, I like wicked's grave rob plan. Benmage I could go either way with honestly, but the fact is, if he does decide to go murder we have enough time to counter that. I understand the benmage frustration, but he just isn't the optimal lynch for today.

~Sotty
manho
manho
Mafia Scum
manho
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2088 (ISO) » Sun Nov 07, 2010 5:08 am

Post by manho »

done iso on MoI, but he is town.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2089 (ISO) » Sun Nov 07, 2010 5:10 am

Post by VP Baltar »

manho wrote:done iso on MoI, but he is town.
why? I want a damn explanation of these town reads on him because I see nothing to indicate that.
YOUR AD HERE

AurorusVox
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2090 (ISO) » Sun Nov 07, 2010 5:15 am

Post by AurorusVox »

Manho
I believe this post was directed at you:
AurorusVox wrote:WHY do you not think [Benmage]'s cult? What has he done to make you think that?
[...]
-You voted Benmage yesterday without explaining why. What's changed since then? You said today that he would eventually be murdered anyway - why didn't you think that yesterday?
-What alignment do you think LB was and why? Please back this up with speculation as to where you think his insanity came from. This is an important question because it relates to your "scum hunting" today. I will go into more detail once you've answered.
-The majority of your D2 posts have been plan-speculation about Benmage murdering/revealing his target; robbing graves; and dispatching people. Where do you get off telling me to stop with mechanics arguments when that's most of what you've done today?
Plz respond, kthx.
THE LEMON LIVES! - Cabd
Wraith
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2091 (ISO) » Sun Nov 07, 2010 5:15 am

Post by Wraith »

Furcolow wrote:
vote: moi

policy lynch
too tough to read him
*facepalm*

What policy?
Show
"When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why the poor have no food, they call me a communist." -Helder Camara

"For myself, I want no advantage over my fellow man, and if he is weaker than I, all the more is it my duty to help him." -Eugene Debs

"Our demands most modest are - we only want the earth!" -James Connolly
manho
manho
Mafia Scum
manho
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2092 (ISO) » Sun Nov 07, 2010 6:58 am

Post by manho »

VP Baltar wrote:
manho wrote:done iso on MoI, but he is town.
why? I want a damn explanation of these town reads on him because I see nothing to indicate that.
his attack of furcolow's confirmness is not something cult will do, and so hard. i think they would have given up that argument long before MoI did. they won't want that much attraction that early on an unlikely mislynch.
AurorusVox wrote:WHY do you not think [Benmage]'s cult? What has he done to make you think that?
that would be the greatest gambit if he is really cult and not being caught soon. there are too many risk for a cult to claim stalking someone, without any reason.
-You voted Benmage yesterday without explaining why. What's changed since then? You said today that he would eventually be murdered anyway - why didn't you think that yesterday?
i wasn't reading anything yesterday. i just place the vote on my suspect based on the first ~15 pages.
-What alignment do you think LB was and why? Please back this up with speculation as to where you think his insanity came from. This is an important question because it relates to your "scum hunting" today. I will go into more detail once you've answered.
stalking N1. i do think they are able and are willing to play the murderer win con. and i don't think they were passed fatish, as scum would like to nightkill them rather than mislynching them.
-The majority of your D2 posts have been plan-speculation about Benmage murdering/revealing his target; robbing graves; and dispatching people. Where do you get off telling me to stop with mechanics arguments when that's most of what you've done today?
yes i know. and that statement was for me also.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2093 (ISO) » Sun Nov 07, 2010 7:01 am

Post by VP Baltar »

manho wrote:his attack of furcolow's confirmness is not something cult will do, and so hard. i think they would have given up that argument long before MoI did. they won't want that much attraction that early on an unlikely mislynch.
So your argument is essentially "too scummy to be scum". What about the other things I pointed out? You think those are out weighed by his Furc tunneling?
YOUR AD HERE

AurorusVox
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2094 (ISO) » Sun Nov 07, 2010 7:05 am

Post by AurorusVox »

Hmph.

-Benmage had already claimed that he had stalked within the first ~15 pages yesterday. So did you think he was cult yesterday? Because how is that any different from thinking he is cult today?
-So you think that the cult will pass people fetishes to get them mislynched? But didn't you earlier say that you suspect the people who had been given fetishes as actually being the cult? What is it - a mislynch tactic or a fake-claimed insanity?
THE LEMON LIVES! - Cabd
manho
manho
Mafia Scum
manho
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2095 (ISO) » Sun Nov 07, 2010 7:25 am

Post by manho »

VP Baltar wrote:
manho wrote:his attack of furcolow's confirmness is not something cult will do, and so hard. i think they would have given up that argument long before MoI did. they won't want that much attraction that early on an unlikely mislynch.
So your argument is essentially "too scummy to be scum". What about the other things I pointed out? You think those are out weighed by his Furc tunneling?
1 is WIFOM, 2 maybe valid but i dunno as i haven't read the context, 3 is a null tell, though maybe not pro-town, as i've seen both town and scum do PBPA, 4 is also a null tell, though maybe not pro-town again, as many player aren't scum-hunting, and i was one of them earlier.
AurorusVox wrote:-Benmage had already claimed that he had stalked within the first ~15 pages yesterday. So did you think he was cult yesterday? Because how is that any different from thinking he is cult today?
i was not reading yesterday, and i didn't realize other murderer need to get rid of him to win then.
-So you think that the cult will pass people fetishes to get them mislynched? But didn't you earlier say that you suspect the people who had been given fetishes as actually being the cult? What is it - a mislynch tactic or a fake-claimed insanity?
both, cult would have fake-claimed receiving fetishes to explain their insanity, but they also need to pass some fetish for real so we can't just lynch all those who claimed to have received a fetish. cult then can try to mislynch them with the above argument. so it's both a mislynch tactic and a fake-claimed insanity.
manho
manho
Mafia Scum
manho
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2096 (ISO) » Sun Nov 07, 2010 7:26 am

Post by manho »

will read el goosuki next. have they explained their night action choice yet?
Plum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Plum
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2097 (ISO) » Sun Nov 07, 2010 7:27 am

Post by Plum »

hitogoroshi wrote:Random thought for everyone: let's say you knew you were the target of Benmage's stalk. What would be your reaction?
Surprise, given that he said he found me Townish (or at least logical) previously. Annoyance. And there is a degree to which I would want to discuss with the Town the pros and cons of trying to Rez me given that or discuss the idea with Benmage.
manho
manho
Mafia Scum
manho
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2098 (ISO) » Sun Nov 07, 2010 7:31 am

Post by manho »

manho wrote:will read el goosuki next.
it'd better be tomorrow.
Wraith
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2099 (ISO) » Sun Nov 07, 2010 7:44 am

Post by Wraith »

I wouldn't be surprised, and you already know that I'd want him lynched.

To add to the Benmage subject - I can buy a Benmage-cult possibility, but it's awfully convoluted. VI+murderer-wannabe is far more likely.
Show
"When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why the poor have no food, they call me a communist." -Helder Camara

"For myself, I want no advantage over my fellow man, and if he is weaker than I, all the more is it my duty to help him." -Eugene Debs

"Our demands most modest are - we only want the earth!" -James Connolly

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”