singersigner
I Got This
singersigner
I Got This
I Got This

Post Post #152 (ISO) » Thu Nov 04, 2010 8:45 pm

Post by singersigner »

I did...more or less...

I don't like the fact that there were only 6 posts for all of Thursday, and I had two of them. Have we not gotten anywhere with this whole WIFOM argument thing? I'm honestly starting to believe Nocman's scum simply because he allowed the town to get so distracted from scum-hunting because of it. He refused to even accept that the rest of us had come to a consensus that we had one definition for the argument, and he had another. The only reason I can see for him being so stubborn about him protecting Empking with such a shotty reason, is if they were scum buddies.

OR he's scum trying to gain town cred from "such an experienced player" by defending him.

OR he's town that's really gotten a skewed perception of his alignment, defending someone who's gunna get away with a ridiculously scummy action.
Glork and quadz08 are my favorite.

I like tomatoes.
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #153 (ISO) » Thu Nov 04, 2010 11:47 pm

Post by Empking »

HF; How about you do some scumhunting rather than "prod avoidance" What are your thoughts on Singer?
Plus, if you guys want to make a point, skip the walls, because everyone else in the game does as well. - Magister Ludi
havingfitz
havingfitz
Survivor
havingfitz
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #154 (ISO) » Fri Nov 05, 2010 3:02 am

Post by havingfitz »

Empking wrote:HF; How about you do some scumhunting rather than "prod avoidance" What are your thoughts on Singer?
Hey...at least I was being honest and said it was to avoid a prod. Which is more than I can say for you with the misrepresentations you have based your vote on me for. A quick look at your recent posts doesn't show any scumhunting of note IMO.

I have not made up my mind on singer.

BTW...some people (DP) have inferred that your MC request is the reason you have garnered some suspicions. While the MC push is what made me initially suspect you that is not why I have my vote on you. It is more the way you have supported your MC suggestion with baseless assertions, how you have become defensive towards some of the majority who opposed the MC, and your misreprentations towards me. And the fact you have done very little (ie lying low) since the dust seemed to settle following your MC.
Town 57w-66l :: Not Town 29w-16l:: TBD 2
V/LA on weekends (i.e. RL > mafia)

The shortest GTKAS thread ever!
DavidParker
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #155 (ISO) » Fri Nov 05, 2010 3:31 am

Post by DavidParker »

oh wow i like this HF guy he is townm... As for my opinion on singerstar, I've had a scummy vibe from her every game except the first game i Had with her when i was town an die and was convinced she was town but she got lynched in lylos omehow (even though my scumpick was town, i still had singer as town foshooo,f akrimsdrunk), anyways, singer i always find scummsy since then somehow, and HF is town and emp is town. time to find anoter scum on his wagob or mayb etheres' none.
"To die will be an awfully big adventure"
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #156 (ISO) » Fri Nov 05, 2010 3:57 am

Post by Empking »

HF: Give me an example of where I misrepresented you.

Also, this isn't about "scumhunting of note" its about "prod avoidance post" and "I have not made up my mind about Singer."
Plus, if you guys want to make a point, skip the walls, because everyone else in the game does as well. - Magister Ludi
AdumbroDeus
AdumbroDeus
Goon
AdumbroDeus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #157 (ISO) » Fri Nov 05, 2010 4:27 am

Post by AdumbroDeus »

Scum needs to die if I need to spend time explaining basic mafia theory to people in order to make it happen. Your definition of wifom isn't logically fallicious so I'll accept that you have a different definition as long as you don't mention wifom ever again.

DavidParker wrote:There's a scum benefit to a mass claim, but it's still WIFOM because a mass-claim was NEVER going to happen day 1. He knew that, we knew that, everyone knew that. Hence it is WIFOM. If there was a realistic chance of a mass claim occurring then maybe it wouldn't be wifom and it would be scummy but that was never going to happen.

Can we stop talking about WIFOM now????
Will it never happen D1? I have seen players that are significantly better then pretty much everyone in the game pull similar BS on multiple occasions.

Regardless there's a massive scum benefit to the proposition because it can bring a lot of PR tells.

One of DavidParker and EMP are scum, probably not both. EMP is by far the most likely here for obvious reasons.
AdumbroDeus
AdumbroDeus
Goon
AdumbroDeus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #158 (ISO) » Fri Nov 05, 2010 4:31 am

Post by AdumbroDeus »

@singersigner
: Since the convo about wifom was with me, I very much doubt you meant nocman.

pretty much everyone
where y'all at? Comments? I especially wanna hear from
xenophon
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #159 (ISO) » Fri Nov 05, 2010 4:43 am

Post by Empking »

AdumbroDeus wrote: Will it never happen D1? I have seen players that are significantly better then pretty much everyone in the game pull similar BS on multiple occasions.
Give us one.
One of DavidParker and EMP are scum, probably not both. EMP is by far the most likely here for obvious reasons.
Which are?
AdumbroDeus
AdumbroDeus
Goon
AdumbroDeus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #160 (ISO) » Fri Nov 05, 2010 5:03 am

Post by AdumbroDeus »

Oh, so you're actually planning on existing now.

Empking wrote:
AdumbroDeus wrote: Will it never happen D1? I have seen players that are significantly better then pretty much everyone in the game pull similar BS on multiple occasions.
Give us one.
You could've just read my previous posts, I already cited this.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=274820

Got convinced to let a confirmed indy live due to being "fair" to them. Primarily due to the fact that they were significantly better and more experienced then we were.

Which are?

That you attempted to start a massclaim d1.

Ok, so you exist now and aren't pretending to be a VI.

So why did you attempt to start a d1 massclaim?
Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #161 (ISO) » Fri Nov 05, 2010 5:10 am

Post by Empking »

MC has advantages AND disadvantages. My experience and my reading up on theory suggests to me that the advantages outweigh the disadvantages.
Nocmen
Nocmen
meep meep
Nocmen
meep meep
meep meep

Post Post #162 (ISO) » Fri Nov 05, 2010 5:24 am

Post by Nocmen »

singersigner wrote:I did...more or less...

I don't like the fact that there were only 6 posts for all of Thursday, and I had two of them. Have we not gotten anywhere with this whole WIFOM argument thing? I'm honestly starting to believe Nocman's scum simply because he allowed the town to get so distracted from scum-hunting because of it. He refused to even accept that the rest of us had come to a consensus that we had one definition for the argument, and he had another. The only reason I can see for him being so stubborn about him protecting Empking with such a shotty reason, is if they were scum buddies.

OR he's scum trying to gain town cred from "such an experienced player" by defending him.

OR he's town that's really gotten a skewed perception of his alignment, defending someone who's gunna get away with a ridiculously scummy action.
How have I let the town get too distracted? I think you may be confusing me with AD, I seemed to go with the consensus and general definition of the WIFOM term.

And DP, I'd like to see more of your reasoning behind why you say that certain people are town and/or scum.

Also, V/LA for Saturday/Sunday, just because I'll be traveling and may not have wifi saturday night where I'm staying
Fishythefish
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #163 (ISO) » Fri Nov 05, 2010 9:17 am

Post by Fishythefish »

ConfidAnon and xenophon have not picked up their prods, and will be replaced.
Fishythefish
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Fishythefish
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #164 (ISO) » Fri Nov 05, 2010 1:36 pm

Post by Fishythefish »

Incognito replaces ConfidAnon, and Rhinox replaces xenophon. Hooray!
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #165 (ISO) » Fri Nov 05, 2010 3:11 pm

Post by Rhinox »

'sup everybody
singersigner
singersigner
I Got This
singersigner
I Got This
I Got This

Post Post #166 (ISO) » Fri Nov 05, 2010 3:21 pm

Post by singersigner »

Yeah, my B. I must've had Nocman on my mind for some reason...
/horny internet perv
/sarcasm
Glork and quadz08 are my favorite.

I like tomatoes.
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #167 (ISO) » Fri Nov 05, 2010 3:37 pm

Post by Rhinox »

/horny internet perv
Who me????? :P

a/s/l?

jk :P

sorta ;)
DavidParker
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #168 (ISO) » Fri Nov 05, 2010 3:55 pm

Post by DavidParker »

Empking wrote:
Give us one.
Which are?

This suggestion by Adumbro is ridiculous (since it's not true) and borderline scummy for setting up two mislynches. I'm struggling to find a scum-motive behind claiming something like this (since scum know it's not true), but it's enough to warrant my vote.

Vote: Adumbro
"To die will be an awfully big adventure"
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #169 (ISO) » Fri Nov 05, 2010 7:34 pm

Post by Incognito »

Hi all. I'll have this all read up probably by the end of today. Then I'll post my thoughts. I think this might be the second time I'm replacing that pesky Confidanon.
[ooc][color=black]patrickgower2006 (8:12:03 PM): all beer tastes same to me
patrickgower2006 (8:12:07 PM): like dish water
If you see Patrick drinking dish water, please try and stop him. Friends don't let friends drink dish water.[/color][/ooc]
havingfitz
havingfitz
Survivor
havingfitz
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #170 (ISO) » Fri Nov 05, 2010 9:51 pm

Post by havingfitz »

Empking wrote:HF: Give me an example of where I misrepresented you.

Also, this isn't about "scumhunting of note" its about "prod avoidance post" and "I have not made up my mind about Singer."
Do an ISO on me and search for 'misrep'...you should get at least two hits. And please explain your second line above. I talked to those areas of interest.

Empking
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking
Empking's Alt's Alt
Empking's Alt's Alt

Post Post #171 (ISO) » Fri Nov 05, 2010 10:14 pm

Post by Empking »

Yes but those hits aren't actual examples of misrep. Since I've show that they're not if you continue sayingh it you should either findf some new evidence or rebut my points.
fallen angel
fallen angel
Mafia Scum
fallen angel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #172 (ISO) » Sat Nov 06, 2010 4:23 am

Post by fallen angel »

V/LA is over, so I'lll read through and post tonight.

Hi Incognito! It's been a while.
Incognito
Incognito
Not Rex
Incognito
Not Rex
Not Rex

Post Post #173 (ISO) » Sat Nov 06, 2010 7:12 am

Post by Incognito »

Hi fallen angel. Yeah, it has been awhile haha. I can't believe I've now reached the 3 year mark on this site. I'm gettin' old.

And I think this is the first time I'm playing in a game with you, Rhinox? Should be fun. :D

-~-~-~-~

OK, so I've given the game a good once-over already. I'd like to read through the game at least once more to do some targeted reads on certain people before I vote or give complete reasons why I think certain people are scum.

Before I do that though, I see I need to do a bit of housekeeping on the subject of mass-claiming of all things.
I do
NOT
support mass claiming Today.
I think that's an extremely bad idea, and I'm really surprised it's come from Empking of all people. Since this is a Mini Normal that's been reviewed by a team of 3 experienced mods, I'm going to assume that this game is balanced. As such, I think it can also be assumed that there likely isn't some kind of a major breaking strategy that mass-claiming would exploit. By mass-claiming, we'd only be helping the scum who is the informed minority for a reason. Towns usually need the added benefit or at least the PERCEIVED benefit of a few power roles to help sniff out the scum. And we have absolutely no clue what the scum even have in their arsenal either. So no. Just nonono.

Quick initial thoughts about the players: I thought DavidParker and AdumbroDeus seemed fairly town so far. With DavidParker, I liked the little bit of WIFOM that he used to come to the conclusion that Empking was town; his reasoning just struck me as something that's more likely coming from a town mindset rather than a scum one. I don't know if I necessarily agree with it, but I still thought the reasoning seemed fairly townish. With AdumbroDeus, I got the feeling from his posting that he genuinely believed in the argument he put forth against Empking, and I was actually surprised that he seemed to receive a good deal of backlash for it.

Early bad vibes coming from Nocmen, singersigner, and cruelty. I'd hazard a guess that at least one of them is scum - I feel like I need to do some rereads on each of them as well as the rest of you though to place everyone into the whole big picture. Will be doing so ASAP.
[ooc][color=black]patrickgower2006 (8:12:03 PM): all beer tastes same to me
patrickgower2006 (8:12:07 PM): like dish water
If you see Patrick drinking dish water, please try and stop him. Friends don't let friends drink dish water.[/color][/ooc]
havingfitz
havingfitz
Survivor
havingfitz
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #174 (ISO) » Sat Nov 06, 2010 8:40 am

Post by havingfitz »

Empking wrote:Yes but those hits aren't actual examples of misrep. Since I've show that they're not if you continue sayingh it you should either findf some new evidence or rebut my points.
How have you shown them not to be misreps (aka lies if you want to keep it simple)?
havingfitz wrote:
Empking wrote:HF: Your argument "town will false claim in order to screw over the town" (or whatever reason you're using) is complete nonsense, that'ds not up for debate.
I never made any argument to the effect of what you are attributing to me above. That is a
misrep
on your part.
Unvote, Vote Empking
. Also, “Or whatever reason you’re using?”…if you don’t even know why I oppose a D1 MC then how can you call it nonsense. You’re just talking out of your ass…i.e. talking nonsense.
To which you responded:
Empking wrote:(I'm not going to respond to HF until he stops wasting our time with stuff like "scum will falseclaim".)

havingfitz wrote:
Empking wrote:HF is my main suspect because his reaction to my MC idea didn't seem like honest reaction
"town PRs will claim VT"
My reaction was honest and based on the fact it was a stupid idea....which was shared by several others in this game. And when you use quotation marks you should actually be quoting something the person you are quoting said.
I never said "town PRs will claim VT" nor anything close to it. Another misrep on your part. A lie.
You have been a lot less active since your intial MC bravado. Are you floundering a bit? You are acting scummy. Still happy with my vote.
To which you responded:
Empking wrote:
havingfitz wrote:
Empking wrote:OK. This is a normal game, 11 players. We're mass claiming today right now. (Popcorning of course.) I'd like nocmen to start us up. (i'd like people to take into account the fact that since the death of the cop role I can only see good things from this.)
OK boss...I claaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaim...wait. You aren't the boss.

WTH are you trying to do?

I for one have nothing worth claiming, scum aren't going to claim, and
any PR stupid enough to claim is just going to out themself into an easy NK.
But I'm happy to listen to your rationale. Or are you just looking for reactions to your request to work with?
Empking wrote:There's a far less chance of there being a cop in this game than there were years ago.
huh?
(bold mine)
Everyone: What dop you think of HF's premature vanilla claim?
DP: Can you vote HF then.
This ->
any PR stupid enough to claim is just going to out themself into an easy NK.
---which is what I said, does not equal
"town PRs will claim VT"
or
"town will false claim in order to screw over the town"
which you have attributed to me and I assume are part of the basis for your vote on me.

Quit misrepresenting what I say. You haven't got it right in this game yet. Why are you voting me again?

Still happy with my vote where it is.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”