hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #975 (ISO) » Wed Nov 03, 2010 9:52 am

Post by hitogoroshi »

Zach wrote:Also I know you're busy Hito, but it would still be nice if you could devote some time to this game.
Yeah, I know my content level is absurdly terrible right now. The apathy of the game at large is creeping in to me for some reason. I can spend a half-hour whipping up a solid post in my other games, but here it's just hard to focus with no strong wagons or the ilk to cue off of.

Thanks for that page number, insight into the mason claims is exactly what I need because the big decision to make today is "test the claim or no?".

miniature reads list:

zach: strong town
volkan: weak town(uniso'd)
UT: unknown, low impact (uniso'd)
reck: weak town
aldus: weak scum, need to revist case
ns and nik: live or die by validity of claim
"Don’t buy a dozen eggs if you just want a hardboiled egg. Don’t buy a head of lettuce if you just want a salad. Don’t buy eggs and lettuce if you want egg salad because those are not the right ingredients." -Julius Bloop
Skill006
Skill006
Goon
Skill006
Goon
Goon

Post Post #976 (ISO) » Wed Nov 03, 2010 2:29 pm

Post by Skill006 »

Mod: Everyone besides myself and Vollkan is due for a prod
Yes, Zach, you're correct. Sorry for not getting to it sooner (I would've were it not for this APA research paper murdering me...)

Now sending prods to Alduskkel, Nikanor, Nobody Special, Reckamonic, and Untrod Tripod.
Mini 1042 is on Day 4 now and doesn't need any replacements.
Reckamonic
Reckamonic
Goon
Reckamonic
Goon
Goon

Post Post #977 (ISO) » Wed Nov 03, 2010 5:37 pm

Post by Reckamonic »

@UT: We were wrong for giving you scumpoints for that. The mason claims seemed too stupid for scum to try to pull off that early, but with them still alive this late in the game, it has become an important issue.

@Alduskkel: What specifically about vollkan's meta clears him of your suspicions?

@hitogoroshi: Thanks for clearing that up. And to answer your 971: yes, they were under heavy pressure when Scott claimed mason.

If we don't lynch the masons today, the endgame is going to be incredibly fucking headachy. Massclaiming today is also not a good idea. It puts PRs out in the open and we don't want that yet, especially when we could use one more night of good information.

If we lynch the masons today, best case scenario, one of them is scum, we lynch the other tomorrow, and it's good fucking game.
Worst case scenario, it's a mason, and the other mason takes a night kill so whatever PRs we have left would be alive for endgame.
._.
meeeeeeep?
Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #978 (ISO) » Thu Nov 04, 2010 6:57 am

Post by Nobody Special »

Surprisingly enough, I agree with Reckamonic. :eek:

I... I'm not sure how that makes me feel. Especially since it means I'll probably be lynched.
....what?

Blitz: Picking Simplicity taking pre-ins; PM for info. (0/13)
Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #979 (ISO) » Thu Nov 04, 2010 6:59 am

Post by Nobody Special »

unvote
....what?

Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #980 (ISO) » Thu Nov 04, 2010 7:52 am

Post by Untrod Tripod »

NS:
are you saying you want to get lynched?
Why you over Nik?
Why not try to stay alive?
Who are your scum reads?
Skill006
Skill006
Goon
Skill006
Goon
Goon

Post Post #981 (ISO) » Thu Nov 04, 2010 12:19 pm

Post by Skill006 »

Alduskkel has requested replacement
Mini 1042 is on Day 4 now and doesn't need any replacements.
vollkan
vollkan
The Interrogator
vollkan
The Interrogator
The Interrogator

Post Post #982 (ISO) » Thu Nov 04, 2010 1:53 pm

Post by vollkan »

Reck wrote: If we lynch the masons today, best case scenario, one of them is scum, we lynch the other tomorrow, and it's good fucking game.
Worst case scenario, it's a mason, and the other mason takes a night kill so whatever PRs we have left would be alive for endgame.
I think this makes sense. Taking into account the circumstances of their claim, Maemuki's "way to go guys" and, most importantly, my suspicion of NS, I think this is valid for today
Reckamonic
Reckamonic
Goon
Reckamonic
Goon
Goon

Post Post #983 (ISO) » Thu Nov 04, 2010 6:47 pm

Post by Reckamonic »

Then let's do this.

Vote: Nobody Special
._.
meeeeeeep?
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #984 (ISO) » Thu Nov 04, 2010 8:47 pm

Post by Nikanor »

I think that if there's a doctor/RB who stopped the kill, he should probably speak up now to break the game.

I still need to finish my read of the game, but I can probably do that on Saturday. See you then.
I am in the bottom 10% of scumhunters onsite!
vollkan
vollkan
The Interrogator
vollkan
The Interrogator
The Interrogator

Post Post #985 (ISO) » Sat Nov 06, 2010 3:39 am

Post by vollkan »

No movement in the game.

@Nikanor: How is your read coming along?
Nobody Special
Nobody Special
Survivor
Nobody Special
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #986 (ISO) » Sat Nov 06, 2010 12:31 pm

Post by Nobody Special »

@Mod: I will be V/LA until Monday morning.
....what?

vollkan
vollkan
The Interrogator
vollkan
The Interrogator
The Interrogator

Post Post #987 (ISO) » Sat Nov 06, 2010 4:49 pm

Post by vollkan »

Nobody Special wrote:
@Mod: I will be V/LA until Monday morning.
Damn; I'll miss your insightful analysis
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #988 (ISO) » Sat Nov 06, 2010 5:16 pm

Post by Zachrulez »

vollkan wrote:
Zachrulez wrote:
Alduskkel wrote:vollkan meta basically clears him of my suspicions. In 2 games he subtracted points only once, so obviously it is not common for him to do it.
Just read this. How does this make him more likely to be town? As far as I can see the only observation you've made is that it's not common for him to subtract points. (Not the implied one that he only does it as town, which 2 games of meta won't even come close to telling you.)

This statement is unacceptable given the fact that you found his "inconsistencies" so scummy yesterday that you voted him over the major wagons, a position that made your stance on those major wagons unclear.
@Aldusskel: I think I know what you mean here, but please answer this
Now that Ald has requested replacement out of the game and we can no longer expect an answer, can you elaborate on this?
vollkan
vollkan
The Interrogator
vollkan
The Interrogator
The Interrogator

Post Post #989 (ISO) » Sat Nov 06, 2010 5:28 pm

Post by vollkan »

Zachrulez wrote:
vollkan wrote:
Zachrulez wrote:
Alduskkel wrote:vollkan meta basically clears him of my suspicions. In 2 games he subtracted points only once, so obviously it is not common for him to do it.
Just read this. How does this make him more likely to be town? As far as I can see the only observation you've made is that it's not common for him to subtract points. (Not the implied one that he only does it as town, which 2 games of meta won't even come close to telling you.)

This statement is unacceptable given the fact that you found his "inconsistencies" so scummy yesterday that you voted him over the major wagons, a position that made your stance on those major wagons unclear.
@Aldusskel: I think I know what you mean here, but please answer this
Now that Ald has requested replacement out of the game and we can no longer expect an answer, can you elaborate on this?
Good point. Ald had said:
Ald wrote: Well first of all that doesn't explain the random +1. Also, you're saying that you found one -2, but then for some reason figured that there were no other - points? Why would you make that assumption as Town? You said you've done this points system before, I wouldn't expect you to have trouble handling it.
In short, his suspicion of me stemmed from the fact that I use my points system so often that I shouldn't reasonably be making mistakes with it. However, in the two games he looked at (probably those I linked to), I only made one subtraction over the course of two entire games. As such, it becomes easy to see why I might forget that I have made subtractions - because they are so uncommon and, unlike the points system itself, not a normal part of my play.
Alduskkel
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Alduskkel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #990 (ISO) » Sat Nov 06, 2010 6:07 pm

Post by Alduskkel »

Popping in one last time (until the game ends, I guess) to say that vollkan is right in the above post.

Sorry for replacing out. I just didn't have time for this game anymore.
CLICK HERE FOR THE ALDUSKKEL APPRECIATION PAGE
"i've only known aldus for four and a half months but if anything happened to him i would kill everyone in this room and then myself" -Datisi, March 28 2020
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #991 (ISO) » Sat Nov 06, 2010 7:08 pm

Post by Zachrulez »

Nikanor wrote:I think that if there's a doctor/RB who stopped the kill, he should probably speak up now to break the game.

I still need to finish my read of the game, but I can probably do that on Saturday. See you then.
Right, it would be Sunday now.
vollkan
vollkan
The Interrogator
vollkan
The Interrogator
The Interrogator

Post Post #992 (ISO) » Sat Nov 06, 2010 8:08 pm

Post by vollkan »

Zachrulez wrote:
Nikanor wrote:I think that if there's a doctor/RB who stopped the kill, he should probably speak up now to break the game.

Right, it would be Sunday now.
@Nik: Where are you up to in your read?
hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #993 (ISO) » Sun Nov 07, 2010 9:00 am

Post by hitogoroshi »

The deadline is "Monday, Novemeber 7th." Today is the 7th, a Sunday. Is the deadline today or tomorrow?

Thank goodness this is a plurality game. I'm gonna sniff out those mason claims and see how legit they are. I'll ISO Untrod too (at this point, don't really care how scummy volkan may or may not look, bountiful activity in lurky game = save him for LYLO).
"Don’t buy a dozen eggs if you just want a hardboiled egg. Don’t buy a head of lettuce if you just want a salad. Don’t buy eggs and lettuce if you want egg salad because those are not the right ingredients." -Julius Bloop
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #994 (ISO) » Sun Nov 07, 2010 9:04 am

Post by Zachrulez »

Wow, it's been two weeks already?

Given that the claimed masons have managed to effectively lurk the entire day phase, (Where everyone's more or less been waiting for any kind of input from them.) I don't have any problems with either one of them being lynched today.
hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #995 (ISO) » Sun Nov 07, 2010 9:17 am

Post by hitogoroshi »

Neither would I, in a normal game. But this has been goddamn magick'd by the lurk fairy, and it'd be absurd for me to raise the banner of LAL when I've been as bad as anyone.

I suppose it's just weirder for me because I've never ever heard of scum fakeclaiming mason. On the other hand, that question is a loaded gun pointed at our backs and disarming it might be more worthwhile in a day where barely anything has happened.

The point is, my LYLO game has just resolved (don't know if I won or lost, but the hammer has fallen), and I'm ready to rally in the eleventh hour and actually try to engage this game head-on for a change.
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #996 (ISO) » Sun Nov 07, 2010 10:25 am

Post by Zachrulez »

Which player slots do you suppose have had the most critical need for content and have not provided any?
hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #997 (ISO) » Sun Nov 07, 2010 2:05 pm

Post by hitogoroshi »

I'm certainty not defending Nik and NS's lack of content, merely empathizing.

Investigating Mason Claim

Starting from page 18 per Zach's suggestion.

First thing that jumps out at me is this post of Mae's:
Maemuki 449 wrote:*sigh* I just don't feel this game anymore. If you want to lynch me, go ahead, but be prepared to take what goes with it.
"Be prepared to take what goes with it" seems a bit...off? It's a generic power role threat, but unlike most power role threats, a mason KNOWS that their buddy will almost certainty bail them out in the eleventh hour. It's like she was claiming a PR but maybe didn't mean for it to be mason.

Scott's claim:
Scott Brosius 488 wrote:Alright since deadline is so short I'll give everyone time to absorb this.

Maemuki and I are masons.

Maemuki wrote:I greatly disapprove of SB's lynch and I feel like some good people here are oppurtunistic. *coughUTcough*
Out of nowhere defense of me after never mentioning me.
Maemuki wrote:
I'm going to be here tomorrow, hopefully. So yeah, I'm leaning towards Horror , but I'd honestly lynch anyone. I hate D1 No Lynches. Besides, his defense right now doesn't click.
More unfounded defense (well founded because we are masons)

So the leading wagons today are town.
I admit, I'd expect to see something a little more definitive than "look at this unfounded defense." Unfounded defense makes sense from scumbuddies as well.

If Mae had made the claim, I could easily see it. But Scott did. If I had a scumbuddy that had just flaked out, I would want to bus them painlessly. It's a pretty risky move to tie yourself to that sinking ship. I don't think I'd have the balls to fakeclaim like that if scum.

THAT BEING SAID.

A mason's only power is being confirmed. If the masons aren't going to use that power, we're not really risking lynching a "power role" in the conventional sense. So I'm cool with testing this claim. We get a win if we're right, and if we're not, we've lost very little.

VOTE: NobodySpecial

If deadline isn't until tomorrow there should be more from me. If it's tonight then hey, at least I did goddamn
something
today.
Zachrulez
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Zachrulez
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #998 (ISO) » Sun Nov 07, 2010 2:11 pm

Post by Zachrulez »

Vote: Nobody Special

Would like to see some clarification on the deadline, but I'm fine with this lynch.
Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #999 (ISO) » Sun Nov 07, 2010 2:35 pm

Post by Untrod Tripod »

VOTE: Nobody Special
let's either confirm Nik or win the game

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”