Newbie 1026 - Day 3

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Trainedmonkey
Trainedmonkey
Townie
Trainedmonkey
Townie
Townie

Post Post #75 (ISO) » Wed Nov 03, 2010 8:32 am

Post by Trainedmonkey »

Not liking the fact some people are so quiet

Thebadone - you saw Werefolf was at L-3 in the votecount, pointed out someone elses vote to make it L-2 (with I think your second and so far latest post). Why did you keep your random vote on? Did you think he was scummiest, why are you so quiet about your reasons (and in general)?

unvote

vote: TheBadOne

@nopointactingup - you noticed this and commented about slipping under the radar - I'm interested why you didn't vote but made the comment. Perhaps concerned that your scumbuddy is being too quiet and you wanted to get that comment in in case you have to vote him later??
Excedrin
Excedrin
Goon
Excedrin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #76 (ISO) » Wed Nov 03, 2010 9:49 am

Post by Excedrin »

Vote Count

fouxdufafa (2): silverbullet999, nopointinactingup
slowsilver (1): werewolf555
TheBadOne (1): Trainedmonkey
silverbullet999 (1): slowsilver
werewolf555 (3): TheBadOne, Looker, fouxdufafa

not voting: Domination3000
alive: 9 majority: 5
D1 Deadline: AD 2010-11-20 05:33:24.390 PM (Sat) Pacific Standard Time
2 weeks, 3 days, 4 hours, 42 minutes, 40 seconds
TheBadOne
TheBadOne
Townie
TheBadOne
Townie
Townie

Post Post #77 (ISO) » Wed Nov 03, 2010 10:33 am

Post by TheBadOne »

Sorry guys, someone I know just died on a tennis field while I was with him. That's why I haven't posted that much yet. Don't expect me to post tomorrow too, I need some time for it, but please don't vote for me. I hope you guys understand it.
fouxdufafa
fouxdufafa
Goon
fouxdufafa
Goon
Goon

Post Post #78 (ISO) » Wed Nov 03, 2010 10:49 am

Post by fouxdufafa »

nopointinactingup wrote:Are you blatantly rolefishing or something. If you thought he bread-crumbed Doctor you should have kept it to yourself.
I don't think he bread crumbed anything. He didn't say anything in his post to indicate that he was a doctor. He said something about making like Van Helsing and I made a joke about it. Maybe pick up a book sometime, guys? You'll get a lot more references.
nopointactingup wrote: How is silverbullet twisting your word? You specifically stated "I believe its you who calls werewolf noobscum" on post 60. Way to flail.
I'm not flailing anywhere. That is what I said. He in no way twisted those particular words. I'm clearly referring to my doctor line. He twisted it into meaning something other than a stand alone, meritless comment. No reply to it was needed nor was it ever going to have a follow up. Google Van Helsing. He was a doctor. I don't think anyone who was actually the doctor would make such a dumb clue about it on Day 1. By the way, I say later on in the post that werewolf called him noob scum. which is what happened. Way to jump on typing errors.
nopointactingup wrote:This post doesn't seem like a good reason to put someone at L-1. Be specific, what is the connection you are seeing and why?
Is it bad play to put someone at L-1 when we have no information to go off of? If it is then I'll own up to this being a huge 'newb mistake' and back off. I just don't feel like anyone is going to cast that final vote without more information(town for fear of mislynch and scum for the sake of just not looking incredibly suspicious by jumping to a quick lynch). I feel like it's adequate pressure to place on someone to get discussion moving.

Like I said I haven't played this game in two years and even then I only played one newbie game. Is placing this kind of pressure a serious error on my part?

I'm going to
unvote
until I get an answer, but I'm not being flaky. Once I get an answer from some users with more experience than me I'll make a more informed move. But I still want to put the focus on werewolf. By unvoting him right now I'm just acknowledging the people that seem to think that it is a mistake until I get other people's opinions on it. If it isn't a stupid thing to do I will gladly put my vote back where it was.

As far as the connection thing goes, I was just referring to the way that he immediately jumped on silverbullet's random vote and then referred to him as 'noob scum' in a later post. Those two posts are really meaningless right now and I probably shouldn't have said anything about it. That wasn't my purpose for voting him, though. I stated my reason for voting werewolf as being that he keeps calling people scum but he's stuck by his random vote. He hasn't even made a post directed towards the person he's voting for but continues to find other people suspicious. I put him at L-1 to get him talking, because I don't even understand the reason for the SlowSilver bandwagon(probably just to get something going early on?). Werewolf is the only person I find suspicious atm.

I don't even know why silverbullet is getting so defensive aside from my original error in saying that he called werewolf scum. Clearly that was a typo, as I said what actually happened later on in the post. I even stated in that sentence that what I was noticing was from werewolf and not him. 'it seems more like it's coming from werewolf than you. He's a bit fishy.'
silverbullet999
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #79 (ISO) » Wed Nov 03, 2010 11:14 am

Post by silverbullet999 »

*reads above*
I don't even know why silverbullet is getting so defensive
*questions when I became defensive*
... People were right it seems....
slowsilver
slowsilver
Townie
slowsilver
Townie
Townie

Post Post #80 (ISO) » Wed Nov 03, 2010 11:16 am

Post by slowsilver »

Well I'm putting Werewolf as town because no scum would name themselves that, I mean come on!
Obnoxious Quote: "Nuthunuul, ofc." --Parama, Mini 1079, page 2 for reference

[Scummiest scum of the month here]
Excedrin
Excedrin
Goon
Excedrin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #81 (ISO) » Wed Nov 03, 2010 5:20 pm

Post by Excedrin »

Trainedmonkey wrote:Has Domination3000 posted at all since the day began - I had a look and can't see any
He's V/LA (moving), if he's not back soon (maybe Friday) I'll look for a replacement.

Looker is at 3 days since last post. I'll prod him upon request.
Looker
Looker
the
Stenographer
Looker
the
Stenographer
Stenographer
Pronoun: the

Post Post #82 (ISO) » Wed Nov 03, 2010 8:41 pm

Post by Looker »

fouxdufafa wrote:
nopointinactingup wrote:Are you blatantly rolefishing or something. If you thought he bread-crumbed Doctor you should have kept it to yourself.
I don't think he bread crumbed anything. He didn't say anything in his post to indicate that he was a doctor. He said something about making like Van Helsing and I made a joke about it. Maybe pick up a book sometime, guys? You'll get a lot more references.
nopointactingup wrote: How is silverbullet twisting your word? You specifically stated "I believe its you who calls werewolf noobscum" on post 60. Way to flail.
Also, to answer your I'm not flailing anywhere. That is what I said. He in no way twisted those particular words. I'm clearly referring to my doctor line. He twisted it into meaning something other than a stand alone, meritless comment. No reply to it was needed nor was it ever going to have a follow up. Google Van Helsing. He was a doctor. I don't think anyone who was actually the doctor would make such a dumb clue about it on Day 1. By the way, I say later on in the post that werewolf called him noob scum. which is what happened. Way to jump on typing errors.
It's not the fact that you blasted a "breadcrumb" that bothers me, it's the fact that your response held no inquiry as to why slowsilver would post something like that. It's either he's town claiming doctor or scum fakeclaiming, yet you didn't expound on either possibility; you seemed too wrapped up in defending yourself to be objective. Either way, I consider that null and you no scummier for it.
nopointinactingup wrote:How is silverbullet twisting your word? You specifically stated "I believe its you who calls werewolf noobscum" on post 60. Way to flail.

Unvote
Vote:foux
  • Silverbullet didn't.
  • Fouxdufafa has confused slowsilver and Silverbullet
  • Why did slowsilver even make that post in the first place?
Also, to answer your questions:
  • I prefer killing roles regardless of alignment
  • GMT-5
  • I post what I think when I think something and, if you disagree, we can discuss. Otherwise, I'll post, vote, and wait for the lynch.
silverbullet999 wrote:*reads above*
I don't even know why silverbullet is getting so defensive
*questions when I became defensive*
Your style is confusing to read.
slowsilver wrote:Well I'm putting Werewolf as town because no scum would name themselves that, I mean come on!
I disagree. Also, what was the intent of your Van Helsing post?
werewolf555 wrote:Seeing how there are all these votes on me, I might as well fill this out
1> Townwannabe or Scumwannabe? --> Would prefer Serial Killer personally
2> Timezone? --> EST
3> Describe your playstyle.--> Pretty paranoid, accuse a lot of people of being scum in first day, but start looking for solid evidence quickly
It would've been better simply to refute the allegations against you, if any. Also, why vote slowsilver if you think nopointinactingup is scum?
Trainedmonkey wrote:Not liking the fact some people are so quiet

Thebadone - you saw Werefolf was at L-3 in the votecount, pointed out someone elses vote to make it L-2 (with I think your second and so far latest post). Why did you keep your random vote on? Did you think he was scummiest, why are you so quiet about your reasons (and in general)?

unvote

vote: TheBadOne

@nopointactingup - you noticed this and commented about slipping under the radar - I'm interested why you didn't vote but made the comment. Perhaps concerned that your scumbuddy is being too quiet and you wanted to get that comment in in case you have to vote him later??
While your reasonings appear to be a stretch to me, they
are
interesting and thought-provoking. My thoughts don't necessarily agree with what you've said, but what you've said gave rise to them.
TheBadOne wrote:Sorry guys, someone I know just died on a tennis field while I was with him. That's why I haven't posted that much yet. Don't expect me to post tomorrow too, I need some time for it, but please don't vote for me. I hope you guys understand it.
I think I do. UNVOTE: VOTE: TheBadOne
nopointinactingup
nopointinactingup
Mafia Scum
nopointinactingup
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #83 (ISO) » Wed Nov 03, 2010 9:16 pm

Post by nopointinactingup »

Trainedmonkey wrote: @nopointactingup - you noticed this and commented about slipping under the radar - I'm interested why you didn't vote but made the comment. Perhaps concerned that your scumbuddy is being too quiet and you wanted to get that comment in in case you have to vote him later??
Darn you caught me
. Because I have a much clearer suspicion of werewolf? If you believe I was
coaching ( to dictate how a scumbuddy should behave on thread )
then it apparently isn't working.
TheBadOne wrote:Sorry guys, someone I know just died on a tennis field while I was with him. That's why I haven't posted that much yet. Don't expect me to post tomorrow too, I need some time for it, but please don't vote for me. I hope you guys understand it.
R.I.P for your friend.
If you run into unexpected emergency, You can always V/LA on that thread or this game thread to let the mod know so he won't prod/replace you.
fouxdufafa wrote:
Still, your joke comment may very well out town Power Roles if there's any. If you are scum, this would be a clever move. If you are town, remember to be extremely cautious on the mention of Power Roles.

Is it bad play to put someone at L-1 when we have no information to go off of? If it is then I'll own up to this being a huge 'newb mistake' and back off. I just don't feel like anyone is going to cast that final vote without more information(town for fear of mislynch and scum for the sake of just not looking incredibly suspicious by jumping to a quick lynch). I feel like it's adequate pressure to place on someone to get discussion moving.

Like I said I haven't played this game in two years and even then I only played one newbie game. Is placing this kind of pressure a serious error on my part?
No. But you non-chalantly L-1 ing others without giving a warning to as he is at L-1 may raise lots of eyebrows. Sometimes town don't pay attention and they hammer without realizing.
I'm going to
unvote
until I get an answer, but I'm not being flaky. Once I get an answer from some users with more experience than me I'll make a more informed move. But I still want to put the focus on werewolf. By unvoting him right now I'm just acknowledging the people that seem to think that it is a mistake until I get other people's opinions on it. If it isn't a stupid thing to do I will gladly put my vote back where it was.
Why do you unvote when he technically hasn't replied any of the accusation at all? I unvoted him already to prevent quick hammer shenanigans. With that, I do get a genuine vibe from your response.
slowsilver wrote:Well I'm putting Werewolf as town because no scum would name themselves that, I mean come on!
Please produce content.

@Looker: Why are you voting TheBadOne when he basically said he's got life to attend to? Why not put your vote on someone who has done nothing AND active lurking!
Unvote.Vote:Slowsilver
Justice will prevail
\m/
Excedrin
Excedrin
Goon
Excedrin
Goon
Goon

Post Post #84 (ISO) » Thu Nov 04, 2010 7:40 am

Post by Excedrin »

Vote Count

fouxdufafa (1): silverbullet999
slowsilver (2): werewolf555, nopointinactingup
TheBadOne (2): Trainedmonkey, Looker
silverbullet999 (1): slowsilver
werewolf555 (1): TheBadOne

not voting: fouxdufafa, Domination3000
alive: 9 majority: 5
D1 Deadline: AD 2010-11-20 05:33:24.390 PM (Sat) Pacific Standard Time
2 weeks, 2 days, 6 hours, 53 minutes, 32 seconds
TheBadOne
TheBadOne
Townie
TheBadOne
Townie
Townie

Post Post #85 (ISO) » Thu Nov 04, 2010 9:35 am

Post by TheBadOne »

fouxdufafa wrote:
nopointactingup wrote:This post doesn't seem like a good reason to put someone at L-1. Be specific, what is the connection you are seeing and why?

I'm going to
unvote

You are playing the newbie card pretty much here. By saying 'I am a newbie, so I thought it was good' every time you make an error, you want to draw the attention away from you? It looks like you put him on L-1 hoping someone would cast the final vote, but that didn't happen and now you say you thought no-one is going to cast the final vote without more information. Why then put him on L-1, a dangerous situation? And again you said that you are a newbie, but most of us are newbies.. For that:
Unvote Werewolf555, Vote: FouxDufafa
slowsilver
slowsilver
Townie
slowsilver
Townie
Townie

Post Post #86 (ISO) » Thu Nov 04, 2010 10:04 am

Post by slowsilver »

Van Helsing was my old school nickname

werewolf555
werewolf555
Goon
werewolf555
Goon
Goon

Post Post #87 (ISO) » Thu Nov 04, 2010 11:29 am

Post by werewolf555 »

@thebadone
Well you said that you wouldn't be able to post for some time because you were traumatized by your friends death, and that you wouldn't be able to post for the next day, however, once Looker voted for you, you came in three hours later and started defending your claim. The spanish inquisition has detected falsehoods, but that's ok, because nobody expects the spanish inquisition.
Fos: TheBadOne

@Slowsilver
Let's look at your most recent posts...
slowsilver wrote:Still watching this thread like a zombie, but soon I might become Van Helsing!
slowsilver wrote:Van Helsing was my old school nickname
slowsilver wrote:I'm voting you!
These posts seem to show nothing but active lurking, and active lurking is clearly scummy behavior. That is why I decided to keep my vote on him, I believe that he is scum, and his active lurking shows it.
I'm not dead yet
"Sens: Please rearrange Werewolf and Mist into a scumteam so we can policy lynch." -GreyICE
slowsilver
slowsilver
Townie
slowsilver
Townie
Townie

Post Post #88 (ISO) » Thu Nov 04, 2010 11:36 am

Post by slowsilver »

Don't forget the 'LAL' post I made, oh wait you did, now why would you leave that out? hmmm....

werewolf555
werewolf555
Goon
werewolf555
Goon
Goon

Post Post #89 (ISO) » Thu Nov 04, 2010 11:41 am

Post by werewolf555 »

slowsilver wrote:Don't forget the 'LAL' post I made, oh wait you did, now why would you leave that out? hmmm....
your foolishness is evident
I don't understand what you mean by this
Perhaps if you were trying to be helpful, you would give a link or quote to this
:igmeou:
I'm not dead yet
"Sens: Please rearrange Werewolf and Mist into a scumteam so we can policy lynch." -GreyICE
TheBadOne
TheBadOne
Townie
TheBadOne
Townie
Townie

Post Post #90 (ISO) » Thu Nov 04, 2010 11:53 am

Post by TheBadOne »

werewolf555 wrote:@thebadone
Well you said that you wouldn't be able to post for some time because you were traumatized by your friends death, and that you wouldn't be able to post for the next day, however, once Looker voted for you, you came in three hours later and started defending your claim. The spanish inquisition has detected falsehoods, but that's ok, because nobody expects the spanish inquisition.
Fos: TheBadOne
Actually it's 21 hours later. And I thought I wouldn't be able to post, but I could post this evening.
Domination3000
Domination3000
Townie
Domination3000
Townie
Townie

Post Post #91 (ISO) » Thu Nov 04, 2010 3:02 pm

Post by Domination3000 »

Sorry for breaking my promise that I'd warn you guys. I expected limited access, and I got 0. I should be good now.

Abstain
for right this minute, but I may change it tomorrow once I catch up on the game.
Looker
Looker
the
Stenographer
Looker
the
Stenographer
Stenographer

Post Post #92 (ISO) » Thu Nov 04, 2010 8:33 pm

Post by Looker »

• @nopointinactingup; I vote off of what I think, not what people say.
  • @slowsilver; Do you mean the name of an old school, a nickname in real life, or a nickname on a different gaming site?
  • @werewolf555; I assume he felt a pressure he didn't feel with Trainedmonkey's vote.
  • UNVOTE: VOTE: Trainedmonkey
silverbullet999
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #93 (ISO) » Fri Nov 05, 2010 4:34 am

*scratches head*
TheBadOne
TheBadOne
Townie
TheBadOne
Townie
Townie

Post Post #94 (ISO) » Fri Nov 05, 2010 5:15 am

Post by TheBadOne »

I think we have to do something, because this silence is only good for the scums...
Looker
Looker
the
Stenographer
Looker
the
Stenographer
Stenographer

Post Post #95 (ISO) » Fri Nov 05, 2010 6:15 am

Post by Looker »

TheBadOne
TheBadOne
Townie
TheBadOne
Townie
Townie

Post Post #96 (ISO) » Fri Nov 05, 2010 6:32 am

Post by TheBadOne »

Trainedmonkey wrote: Thebadone - you saw Werefolf was at L-3 in the votecount, pointed out someone elses vote to make it L-2 (with I think your second and so far latest post). Why did you keep your random vote on? Did you think he was scummiest, why are you so quiet about your reasons (and in general)?
It was a random vote, and I didn't see a reason to take it of since there wasn't much information yet.
silverbullet999
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #97 (ISO) » Fri Nov 05, 2010 7:07 am

*looks at Looker*
*writes on paper and hand it to looker*
*it reads*
"Where am I using Ambiguity?"
*waits for response*
Looker
Looker
the
Stenographer
Looker
the
Stenographer
Stenographer

Post Post #98 (ISO) » Fri Nov 05, 2010 7:21 am

Post by Looker »

You wrote "*scratches head*" which implicated confusion but didn't state what actually confused you. I also have a question:
  • For thoughts that cannot be summed up in single-sentence statements, will you digress from your 'style' or will everything be written on pieces of paper, situated between asterisks, and left to our own interpretation?
silverbullet999
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
silverbullet999
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #99 (ISO) » Fri Nov 05, 2010 8:12 am

*chooses your second option*
*also states that*
I was scratching my head in general...
I'll address my own concerns when I feel it to be needed