Mini 1070 The Godfather:Hunt for Sollozzo (GAME!)

gandalf5166
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #325 (ISO) » Wed Nov 03, 2010 10:05 am

Post by gandalf5166 »

The first one. >.>
Wingless
Wingless
Goon
Wingless
Goon
Goon

Post Post #326 (ISO) » Wed Nov 03, 2010 10:37 am

Post by Wingless »

Vote: FG

My second suspect now.
Why did you vote antihero? You didn't deduce he was scum.
And why could you deduce those things from Thor's death? What are ellipses? I don't understand this.
Town: 1-2
Scum: 1-0(W/L).
FakeGod
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
Seven-Colored Puppeteer

Post Post #327 (ISO) » Wed Nov 03, 2010 11:18 am

Post by FakeGod »

@Wingless:

Your first suspect, Bub, was not scum.

Is there something wrong with voting antihero? because antihero attempted to undermine a legitimate statement that is directly relevant to helping town catch scum.

The statement I made in 322 is what I gathered from Thor's death. I read Thor's ISO and his voting pattern, as well as his interactions with others.

Ellipses are "...".

What else do you not understand? or are you admitting that you have no idea what's going on?
My favorite site mod is Zor Tester.
I have Brandi's autograph! I bet you're jealous.

Send me a PM if you want to replace in!
Exilon
Exilon
Mafia Scum
Exilon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #328 (ISO) » Wed Nov 03, 2010 11:46 am

Post by Exilon »

Gandalf, WTF?

Me or RC? And I'm a more popular vote? What is this I don't even-
Please explain your vote more properly. It's day 2. There is next to ZERO reasons why you should not provide a good case with a vote. The only thing you're saying is that you're voting out of bandwagoning.

On anohter note, even though Fakegod's analysis could say something, it's a bit lacking in the sense that you must assume a StrangerCoug-mafia case scenario. See, I, for one, think Strangercoug was a mafia kill and Thor was the vig kill, mainly because Stranger was laying a bit low but was acting in a townish way (or at least that's what kinda showed by the lack of attacks on him) and that wouldn't probably let himself be pushed into a mislynch. Thor's case is a bit different, as he was a bit more participative, had some people suspecting him, etc.. In any case, discussing what was vig kill/sk/mafia is a bit irrelevant and doesn't add much to the game.

So, with that said, it's finally a good time to pursue a good suspect that's beein lying around since the end of Day 1.
Vote: Wingless
For reasons posted before the end of Day 1.
Also, Fakegod, I think his first suspicion was me, not Bub.
Feels like I've been here before.
Antihero
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
al;kdjfal;kj

Post Post #329 (ISO) » Wed Nov 03, 2010 11:50 am

Post by Antihero »

FakeGod wrote:@antihero: your condescending tone, probably an attempt to dismiss my case before even reading it, is noted.
Yes. And...
FG wrote:Let's examine who mafia might kill.

mafia kills can be fairly case-by-case different (more so in a theme game), but for early kills,
especially
for n1 kills, mafia tend to eliminate town who are attacking the mafia members, defending town, and overall doing the right things and getting in mafia's way. This makes sense even against WIFOM because the alternative of leaving people who are pushing/defending the right guys alive for WIFOM purposes is only going to raise the chances that mafia members will be lynched.

I believe Thor has been shot by the mafia. This means that there's a high chance that Thor was doing the above things.

Things Thor have done: (I took out Thor-SC interaction)
ISO 3-17: Thor moves out of RVS and votes pacman.
ISO 18-26: Thor votes RC. Thor gets involved in FG and RC's argument about putting RVS vote on the highest wagon.
ISO 27-31: Thor begins to lean town on RC. Thor mildly supports FG.
ISO 32-37: Thor votes and encourage a wagon on Bub.
ISO 38: Thor criticizes Exilon.
ISO 39-46: Thor warns FG not to use ellipses. Thor is pretty sure that RC is town and discourages the RC wagon. Thor pushes repeatedly on Exilon.
ISO 47-49: Thor says hello to Gandalf.

Conclusion: pacman and/or Exilon is probably mafia, and FG and/or RC is probably town.

I'm not going to post my analysis for the vig kill since I rather not give hints to mafia who vig might be.
This is pretty self-serving, isn't it?
The distance between insanity and genius is measured only by success.
FakeGod
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
Seven-Colored Puppeteer

Post Post #330 (ISO) » Wed Nov 03, 2010 1:01 pm

Post by FakeGod »

Exilon wrote: See, I, for one, think Strangercoug was a mafia kill and Thor was the vig kill, mainly because Stranger was laying a bit low but was acting in a townish way (or at least that's what kinda showed by the lack of attacks on him) and that wouldn't probably let himself be pushed into a mislynch.
At least you have a valid opinion.

Have you read the flavor? I was also rather undecided until I read how each of them died.

@Antihero: Fact: Thor supported me.

I pointed this out after doing an ISO on him. If there's a problem, feel free to say something.

FakeGod
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
Seven-Colored Puppeteer

Post Post #331 (ISO) » Wed Nov 03, 2010 1:09 pm

Post by FakeGod »

@Exilon: Wingless's ISO 5-6 says he thinks Exilon is scum.

after some posts about being confused and "I'm rereading now",

Wingless's ISO 17 says Exilon is not scum.

Wingless's ISO 22-24 calls for more votes to finish off Bub.

Exilon was technically Wingless's first suspect. But doesn't that mean Bub was his second suspect, not me? What?

Conclusion: Wingless isn't even keeping track of his own suspects.

gandalf5166
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #332 (ISO) » Wed Nov 03, 2010 1:15 pm

Post by gandalf5166 »

I don't see anything in the flavor indicating one or the other.
FakeGod
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
Seven-Colored Puppeteer

Post Post #333 (ISO) » Wed Nov 03, 2010 2:55 pm

Post by FakeGod »

First kill sounds like it was done by more than one person.
Second kill sounds like it was a one-man job.
To me, anyways.

Andrius
Andrius
The Baker
Andrius
The Baker
The Baker

Post Post #334 (ISO) » Wed Nov 03, 2010 3:30 pm

Post by Andrius »

Votecount 2.1

Exilon (1): gandalf5166
FakeGod (2): Antihero, Wingless
Antihero (1): FakeGod
Wingless (1): Exilon

Not Voting (4): pacman291282, RedCoyote, Katsuki, Zajnet

With 9 alive it takes 5 to gun someone down.
Deadline is set t November 23rd, at 5:00pm PST.
"This is the true face of a man who plays paladin."
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #335 (ISO) » Wed Nov 03, 2010 9:14 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

FG 320 wrote:
Vote: antihero
FG 322 wrote:Conclusion: pacman and/or Exilon is probably mafia, and FG and/or RC is probably town.
:?

Why would you not vote someone who is "probably mafia"?

---
Exilon 328 wrote:See, I, for one, think Strangercoug was a mafia kill and Thor was the vig kill, mainly because Stranger was laying a bit low but was acting in a townish way (or at least that's what kinda showed by the lack of attacks on him) and that wouldn't probably let himself be pushed into a mislynch. Thor's case is a bit different, as he was a bit more participative, had some people suspecting him, etc.. In any case, discussing what was vig kill/sk/mafia is a bit irrelevant and doesn't add much to the game.
Interesting perspective. Why do you not think it adds to the game though? Do you think FG doesn't have a point? Do you think it's too WIFOMy?

---
FG 331 wrote:Exilon was technically Wingless's first suspect. But doesn't that mean Bub was his second suspect, not me? What?

Conclusion: Wingless isn't even keeping track of his own suspects.
Explain this. I don't get the same vibe at all. Wingless voted Bub long before he "suspected" you as far as I know.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #336 (ISO) » Wed Nov 03, 2010 9:14 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

gandalf is the closest thing we have to "confirmed town". If anyone thinks he's lying, they should speak up now. Because of this, I'd really like him to take the time to read the thread if he can. It's not very hard, gandalf. There are a lot of fluff and, "oh, I'm going to post later" posts.

Zajnet and Kat are completely ignoring the game, despite the Mod telling us all that the game has started. It figures.

As far as I'm concerned, we could lynch both of these people. I can virtually guarantee you one of them are scum. Do you know how I know? Scum are playing the inactivity card, and they're playing it hard. When I did everything I could to call attention to it, Kat voted Bub. Who were the kills last night? The two biggest contributors. One of them was killed by mafia, but it doesn't matter which one because they were both making more posts than anyone else.
Mod 312 wrote:
Bub Bidderskins (7): Thor665, Wingless, RedCoyote, FakeGod, Exilon, Katsuki, gandalf5166

RedCoyote (1): Zajnet
FakeGod (2): Antihero, Bub Bidderskins
Katsuki (1): StrangerCoug

Not Voting (1): pacman291282
I've yet to come across a game where there wasn't at least one scum on the first lynch, so let's break it down.

Thor is town. I'm town. gandalf is probably town (miller claim). I personally think Wingless is town (I know some of you dispute this, but let's go with my point of view for the sake of argument).

That leaves FG, Exilon, and Kat. I'm so-so on Exilon, but he's definitely more likely to be town than both FG and Kat.

Kat is both in the active lurking category and on the Bub wagon. She's asked questions of people without following up on them (meaning she was faking activity). She's been on V/LA for, like, two weeks, yet she always seems to have time to post when anyone votes her. She only moved to Bub to get the lynch to go through, as far as I know she never even suspected Bub.

Vote: Katsuki
FakeGod
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
Seven-Colored Puppeteer

Post Post #337 (ISO) » Wed Nov 03, 2010 9:25 pm

Post by FakeGod »

@RC: I'm more sure on my Antihero vote.

And Wingless said I was his 2nd suspect. Bub is his second suspect. That makes me #3, not #2 as he said.

gandalf5166
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #338 (ISO) » Thu Nov 04, 2010 5:48 am

Post by gandalf5166 »

Yeah, I'll have time to read the rest of the thread tonight. Sorry for somehow not getting it done at night :S
Wingless
Wingless
Goon
Wingless
Goon
Goon

Post Post #339 (ISO) » Thu Nov 04, 2010 6:34 am

Post by Wingless »

Let me explain a few things. I did not know what ellipse meant. I am not a native speaker, I am sure you realized this.

When I said FG was my second suspect, I meant he was the 2nd most likely to be scum and Bub was the first. Now, you are the first.

FG why don't you vote me instead of antihero? You seem to be very busy with your case on me. Did you vote antihero because he said 1 sentence that most of us don't see really scummy? Is this your greatest charge against anyone? It must be or you must be scum. If you were town and you had a serious charge against somebody you shouldn't vote antihero.

Exilon seems to be very satisfied with his case on me.

FG wrote I made an "I'll reread" post a few posts later.
That was a few post in my ISO but there were a lot of posts made between my posts. I hadn't known what was going on, so i reread and made notes and I found you much less scummy Exilon. If town never made idea changes, the D1 suspects were lynched and the mafia would win easily.
Town: 1-2
Scum: 1-0(W/L).
Zajnet
Zajnet
Mafia Scum
Zajnet
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #340 (ISO) » Thu Nov 04, 2010 7:16 am

Post by Zajnet »

I really don't feel like putting a lot of effort into this game right now. I hope I won't need replaced, but I've had a lot of personal crap going on.

From D2 readings, without going back over D1, I'd say that Kat is lurking but worse than that IMO is gandalf's active lurking. He's been here, unlike Kat and I, and he has provided no more content than either of us. He has hid behind speculation as to which kill was which, and simply said that either Exilon or RC is scum with no real reasons why.

VOTE: gandalf
My GTKAS
"okay who the fuck didnt kill me." - nintendoaddict1
gandalf5166
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #341 (ISO) » Thu Nov 04, 2010 1:47 pm

Post by gandalf5166 »

It's been...... one page since I was actually able to do something. ONE PAGE. I will read the next half of this game tonight. Chill the fuck out.
pacman281292
pacman281292
Mafia Scum
pacman281292
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #342 (ISO) » Thu Nov 04, 2010 1:56 pm

Post by pacman281292 »

I was very busy yesterday. Sorry for not posting.
Post coming up right away.
gandalf5166
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
gandalf5166
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #343 (ISO) » Thu Nov 04, 2010 2:22 pm

Post by gandalf5166 »

Yeah, I had only read up to page 7. Reading again, I remember that the reason I don't like RC is his attack on FG. It's just plain retarded and based on incredibly common RVS logic. I've done the same thing several times, although I might not have announced it. I feel perfectly comfortable continuing Thor's crusade for him.
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #344 (ISO) » Thu Nov 04, 2010 9:15 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

It's like watching half a movie and explaining the ending...
RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #345 (ISO) » Thu Nov 04, 2010 9:35 pm

Post by RedCoyote »

Zaj 340 wrote:I really don't feel like putting a lot of effort into this game right now.
pacman 342 wrote:I was very busy yesterday.
gandalf 343 wrote:Yeah, I had only read up to page 7.
If there's anyone rational left in this game, just let me lead you. Y'all are obviously all to busy to play the damn game except for FG and Wingless. I swear that I'm just going to stop making posts again.

Just vote with me because, frankly, I'm getting sick of checking this thread every day for nothing. I'll win the damn game myself. We went with Thor's (no offense if you're reading this, Thor) stupid lynch yesterday, and Bub was a horrible lynch if y'all don't mind me saying so. It was a complete shot in the dark. Bub hadn't said anything incriminating that I can recall. He was a mediocre townie who was gone half the day anyways. How Thor managed to corral us into that is still beyond me. I gave up trying to stop it because SC and Antihero were seemingly the only players who gave me the time of day. Now I capitulated yesterday due to the coming deadline and the inactivity, but there's no excuse for me to do it today. Everyday I read this thread I get more and more aggravated. We're not going to get a new Zaj post for a week. Kat has checked out. pacman has made a total of one post in the past two weeks due to his V/LA. Antihero is still below any reasonable post threshold. gandalf basically had a week to read 14 pages of "can't post now, be back soon", but didn't do it... etc.

Confront me or follow me, but please don't ignore me. Hell, I'll even accept y'all going with Exilon, FG, or Wingless at this point. At least make a stand.

This is the last time I'm complaining about it though. I know I sound like a broken record. I'll make a promise to stop, regardless whether y'all heed my advice or not. This is not like me, by the way. I'm direct, sure, but I try to be very polite. I'm just sick of the constant excuses though. I was really looking forward to this game and I take it as a personal slight that so many of you could care less about playing it. This isn't an obligation to me; this is something I do for fun.
Exilon
Exilon
Mafia Scum
Exilon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #346 (ISO) » Fri Nov 05, 2010 8:15 am

Post by Exilon »

Fakegod wrote:Have you read the flavor? I was also rather undecided until I read how each of them died.
Yes, I have read the flavour, and what I have said still stands. Aside that, I don't think nightkill flavour (at least, in these kinds of games) is too meaningful. (aka relevant).
RedCoyote wrote:Interesting perspective. Why do you not think it adds to the game though? Do you think FG doesn't have a point? Do you think it's too WIFOMy?
Usually it doesn't add much to the game (at least Day2 and such) because of the amount of WIFOM. I don't dislike FG's analysis persay, but it is too debatable to be objective. He pointed one or two reasons for Thor being killed, but for one to be totally objective he would have to consider MORE possibilities than those. As pointed out, just like that seems to be a bit 'self-serving'.

I agree with you on your point that inactivity is not helping the game at all. That town has to waste lynches on inactive people is hateful. Not yet voting Katsuki, though, as I want PRESSURE ON WINGLESS.
Confront me or follow me, but please don't ignore me
Hey, that's usually what I said too! D: Which reminds me.
Wingless wrote:Exilon seems to be very satisfied with his case on me.
Indeed I am. and you seem very satisfied with not counterattacking my case.
So why are people not voting Wingless?
Feels like I've been here before.
Antihero
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
al;kdjfal;kj

Post Post #347 (ISO) » Fri Nov 05, 2010 4:33 pm

Post by Antihero »

Exilon wrote:I don't dislike FG's analysis persay,
but it is too debatable to be objective
Exactly.

RC, I'm getting the same exact feeling about your Kat advertising as Thor/Bub yesterday. Yes, Kat has lurked, but FakeGod has been active lurking all game, which is much scummier, IMO. I'd rather go with a lynch that has some rationale behind it instead of "Argh! Gut!" and I don't feel like that's going to be very productive (like we saw with the Bub wagon yesterday).
The distance between insanity and genius is measured only by success.
FakeGod
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
Seven-Colored Puppeteer

Post Post #348 (ISO) » Fri Nov 05, 2010 7:41 pm

Post by FakeGod »

@RC: I would be willing to go with you if you have a better reason than "Let's Lynch a Lurker!"

Katsuki
Katsuki
Cupcake
Katsuki
Cupcake
Cupcake

Post Post #349 (ISO) » Fri Nov 05, 2010 9:29 pm

Post by Katsuki »

I have family over, but if I can not get a proper re-read/catchup of this game going by the end of this weekend, I will be requesting replacement.

I must apologize for my play over the last two weeks though. It is unlike me to be so detached, but so is life.
Fluffy fluffy~~~ |
"READING KATSUKI IS LIKE SOME SORT OF POSTMODERN ARTFORM"
- GreyICE
Katsuki is by far more absurdly beautiful than Fate. (hai parama)
Katsuki's Madness coming to you shortly: Nov, 2011!

C
u
p
c
a
k
e
M
a
f
i
a