Hydra Mafia (Day 4, I can't think of a clever title!)

Chimaira
Chimaira
Goon
Chimaira
Goon
Goon

Post Post #375 (ISO) » Tue Nov 02, 2010 2:55 pm

Post by Chimaira »

A Troll Vote Count for easy access purposes. Numbers by the names indicate the order in which the vote was cast:

Pineapple: 3: Faranor (2), Chimaira (3), IceCream (4)

Not Voting: Bowser, Crab Canon, MasterSpy, Mr Smith, Pineapple, Professor Paradox, TomAndJerry

With 10 voting it takes 6 to lynch.

Remember that this isn't official and do correct any mistakes that I've made.

-Zorblag R`Lyeh
Alt of that one guy with the face and stuff.
Faranor
Faranor
Goon
Faranor
Goon
Goon

Post Post #376 (ISO) » Tue Nov 02, 2010 7:59 pm

Post by Faranor »

Looking at the wagon from yesterday, I'll say that Masterspy and 1-2 of {IceCream, Pineapple} are scum on the bv wagon, and that 0-1 of {PP} was scum off the wagon.
Faraday seems to be of the opinion that Pineapple is obvscum though, and I think that Pineapple is scummy too (not as scummy as MS, buttttt), so I like our vote.

@Tom: We got our shit together when Faraday came back from V/LA. I thought it was going to be amazing but since we're both gut players who rarely back up their suspicions with anything concrete it's really hard to get a discussion going. Basically we now know where the other stands on every player.
Mr Smith
Mr Smith
Goon
Mr Smith
Goon
Goon

Post Post #377 (ISO) » Wed Nov 03, 2010 2:31 am

Post by Mr Smith »

VOTE: Faranor
"Still using all the muscles except the one that matters?"
Pineapple
Pineapple
Townie
Pineapple
Townie
Townie

Post Post #378 (ISO) » Wed Nov 03, 2010 3:37 am

Post by Pineapple »

Faranor wrote:HEY IT'S OKAY I GET THE JOKE. I don't think I need 3 guesses, but I'll use them anyway.

Vezokpiraka? Furcolow? Mina? has to be one of those.

In cool news
Vote Pineapple
can i ask for some reasoning behind the vote?
Chimaira wrote:@Pineapple, your hammer post seems to be awfully concerned about how people will perceive you to me. Would you say that's a fair observation? I'm also curious how you justify the sentiment that you shouldn't have to share your thoughts on who's scummy just because your other head was asked about it (from Post 326.)

-Zorblag R`Lyeh
yeah that's a fair observation.

and it's because that question was directed specifically to my partner not to the hydra. that doesn't mean i dont share what my thoughts are. it just means that you arent going to find out what his thoughts were.
TomAndJerry wrote: #340: Did I mention here that Pineapple has said nothing Bowser? Yeah? Let's see here, Pineapple has explained that and his partner discuss things in their qt which in isn't bad. But, I can't believe they've neglected to mention Bowser at all considering he's one of the top candidates for scum.
+Bowser/Pineapple

#347 (Pineapple): Such as a scummy post. What's more is the catch-22 scenario you've got there isn't necessarily true IMO. Then you stretch the whole entire scenario to make it look like you're a poor defenseless victim. Then you snip in a bit of WIFOM PLUS you ignored something I directed towards you which I consider pretty important. I really dislike how you attack bv for active lurking but not Bowser.
first, what's so wrong with not mentioning Bowser very much in my posts? he hasn't posted much of anything this game, and just cause you think he's one of the top suspects doesn't mean i do. at worst he was active lurking like bv311, but i also find it quite likely that RL has been a problem for them which would explain their lack of posting.

second, i was a bit ticked off at getting put into a similar situation in two different games. what's ironic is your response to the post is essentially what i said it would be. (or at least expected it to be)
Chimaira wrote:
Pineapple Post 294 wrote:third, @ CC: why the start of the bv311 bandwagon? i agree with it in the sense that i dont like his play so far this game either, and i'm not against lynching him, but to me it seemed to come almost out of the blue and/or in response to Zorblag putting him on his shortlist.

fourth, @ FourTigers: you expressed a desire to lynch bv311 earlier, and have again mentioned that you will vote him closer to deadline. so what is preventing you from voting him/joining the bandwagon now?
This quote here looks very much like you are speaking out both sides of your mouth. First off, you question the bv wagon saying it came up out of the blue, never really commenting if he was scummy or not. Then you link the wagon to troll's post even though you didn't really believe that was the case. What was the point of asking this then?

It sounds like you were against this wagon for it's suddenness. But then you go on to ask FourTigers when they hadn't joined the supposed “questionable” bv wagon. The tone of this question feels like you are trying to pressure FourTigers into joining, why?

I don't like you sitting so firmly on the fence with this post at all.

Your next mention of bv is here, where you state willingness to hammer. Wait, what? You had only given very vague feelings surrounding the bv wagon but now you are ready to drop the hammer. Why?

I agree with Troll that your hammer post is very concerned in how people would perceive you instead of focusing on what was important; if bv was likely scum or not. However, I don't agree with your assement in that post that Crab Cannon was frocing you into a dammed if you do dammed if you don't situation. They said if bv flipped scum they were looking your way for a buddy. That seems pretty clear cut to me. You seem
way
too willing to dump the blame for your hammer right into their lap. Scummy.

You were very tentative around the bv wagon, seemingly preferring PP but making no effort to push that hydra in any way. There was no real drive to your posts as I look them over again and it looks like you were just happy to settle for a lynch. You really need to swing.

Vote: Pineapple

~Sotty.
i wasn't questioning the wagon so much as i was questioning CC's motives for the wagon or FT's motives for not joining a wagon that he expressed desire to join. i had nothing against the wagon itself.

as for not pushing PP harder...it's a bit hard to do that when almost everyone is giving him a free pass for his actions.

~Narsis
Faranor
Faranor
Goon
Faranor
Goon
Goon

Post Post #379 (ISO) » Wed Nov 03, 2010 3:53 am

Post by Faranor »

Pineapple wrote:
Faranor wrote:HEY IT'S OKAY I GET THE JOKE. I don't think I need 3 guesses, but I'll use them anyway.

In cool news
Vote Pineapple
It kinda looks like you just did ask, doesn't it. You're scum. HOW'S THAT FOR REASONING?
Faranor
Faranor
Goon
Faranor
Goon
Goon

Post Post #380 (ISO) » Wed Nov 03, 2010 3:57 am

Post by Faranor »

Mr Smith wrote:In order of least relevant to most relevant:

Faranor: The first two don't seem likely at all given the tone of the posts, but the third sounds about right.
is this about my guesses @whitehead? it's obviously Mina as she's V/la this week.
Chimaira
Chimaira
Goon
Chimaira
Goon
Goon

Post Post #381 (ISO) » Wed Nov 03, 2010 7:37 am

Post by Chimaira »

Pineapple Post 378 wrote:i wasn't questioning the wagon so much as i was questioning CC's motives for the wagon or FT's motives for not joining a wagon that he expressed desire to join. i had nothing against the wagon itself.
You went out of your way not to comment on it but were willing to hammer, why? It doesn't add up
Pineapple Post 378 wrote:as for not pushing PP harder...it's a bit hard to do that when almost everyone is giving him a free pass for his actions.
Why do you care so much what other players think? If you think PP is scum
push
them! Make cases on them, ask them questions... You know, scum hunt. I didn't see any of that from you yesterday and that's a big part of the reason why our vote is on you today.

What do you think of PP today? Who's scum?

~Sotty
bv310
bv310
Mafia Scum
bv310
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #382 (ISO) » Wed Nov 03, 2010 9:41 am

Post by bv310 »

D2's first official vote count!

Pineapple (L-): Faranor, Chimaira, IceCream
Faranor (L-): Mr. Smith

Not Voting: Bowser, Crab Canon, MasterSpy, Pineapple, Professor Paradox, TomAndJerry

With 10 alive, it will take 6 to lynch, 5 to no-lynch.

Deadline is still set for Tuesday, November 16th at 12:00am (midnight Monday) or the nearest time that I'm awake/not in class (Tuesday's usually suck for me).

No one is in need of prods at this time.

@T&J: I will not be saying if a person is being replaced, only that I need the replacement.
Bowser
Bowser
Mafia Scum
Bowser
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #383 (ISO) » Wed Nov 03, 2010 5:42 pm

Post by Bowser »

And I (CSL) ended up being a bit busy between then and now.

Going to go re-read in the aftnoon tomorrow IF I can get my other head. (Hey, at least I'm still here)
It's
BOWSER TIME!
SMBMIIIS: The War on Bleck's Army
is coming to a Mini Theme queue near you! 0/6 pre-in's taken.
Crab Canon
Crab Canon
Goon
Crab Canon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #384 (ISO) » Thu Nov 04, 2010 12:47 am

Post by Crab Canon »

My other head has been a bit busy lately, so I'm waiting for her to discuss a few things.

I personally think the Pineapple wagon is good...though the popularity gives me a touch of pause. Obviously his hammer was terrible though, so I guess the scum probably would have considered the need to bus them last night.

Looking over FourTigers ISO there isn't a huge amount to comment on, which makes me wonder if the scum didn't go after him in an attempt to hit a PR. He didn't seem to fond of Pineapple or IceCream though, who would also be high on my scum list. More to come hopefully later today.
Currently a VP Baltar/Juls Hydra
MasterSpy
MasterSpy
Townie
MasterSpy
Townie
Townie

Post Post #385 (ISO) » Thu Nov 04, 2010 3:50 am

Post by MasterSpy »

@Faranor – STOP IGNORING THE FOLLOWING QUESTION –

MasterSpy wrote:@Fara – in 310 you made a pointed comment regarding me ‘not following up’ on promised content. I asked you to clarify what via quotation what I was not following up on. You never responded. Again I’d like to know the reason for your comment.
Faranor wrote:Looking at the wagon from yesterday, I'll say that Masterspy and 1-2 of {IceCream, Pineapple} are scum on the bv wagon, and that 0-1 of {PP} was scum off the wagon.
Faraday seems to be of the opinion that Pineapple is obvscum though, and I think that Pineapple is scummy too (not as scummy as MS, buttttt), so I like our vote.
I can’t believe you actually posted this Nik.

You are suggesting that the lynch wagon had either 2 or 3 of the Scum on it despite the fact that they chose to kill on that wagon which would narrow down the pool. That is terribly stupid logic.

And you label the only possible person to be scum off the wagon as Prof Paradox? Who you soft defended in ISO 7 and mentioned in no other way Day 1?

I’m not buying you think this is credible at all.
Crab Canon wrote:I personally think the Pineapple wagon is good...though the popularity gives me a touch of pause. Obviously his hammer was terrible though, so I guess the scum probably would have considered the need to bus them last night.

Looking over FourTigers ISO there isn't a huge amount to comment on, which makes me wonder if the scum didn't go after him in an attempt to hit a PR. He didn't seem to fond of Pineapple or IceCream though, who would also be high on my scum list. More to come hopefully later today.
Get out of my head. Seriously I posted this on both issues in the MasterSpy QT.

Now on to discuss the Wagons –

Since we don’t have mod provided VC on a regular basis I’m forced to only use the end of day to discuss the wagons.

Players of unrevealed public alignment on the Wagon - Crab Canon, Chimaira, MasterSpy, Mr. Smith, IceCream, Pineapple

Players of unrevealed public alignment off the Wagon - T&J, Prof Paradox, Faranor, Bowser

The Scum choosing to shoot from on wagon can mean a few things –

1. Scum were so scared of FourTiger’s suspicions that they had to die.
2. More scum are off the wagon as opposed to on.
3. More scum are on the wagon but based on Pro-Town appearance don’t fear the possibility of PoE.

My thoughts so far say 2 or 3 are far more likely the case than 1. Especially given FourTigers hardly pushed either suspicion very strongly.

At this juncture I’ve had limited discussions with the White Spy about their thoughts on these premises.

As noted by Crab Canon IceCream and Pineapple were FourTiger’s biggest suspcions.

I’ve looked at the reasons those players off the wagon suggested about bv311 –

T&J and Bowser make no direct mentions of the bv311 slot. Prof Paradox only says that they like reading VI players. Faranor labels them Town in their ISO 1 for being idiots regarding the username / avatar issue. No further mention.

None of these are compelling interactions.

Once WhiteSpy has time to review my QT thoughts we will settle on a vote.

~ BlackSpy
Pineapple
Pineapple
Townie
Pineapple
Townie
Townie

Post Post #386 (ISO) » Thu Nov 04, 2010 5:52 am

Post by Pineapple »

Faranor wrote:
Pineapple wrote:

In cool news
Vote Pineapple
It kinda looks like you just did ask, doesn't it. You're scum. HOW'S THAT FOR REASONING?

why?

YOU'RE SCUM!!!!1!11!!!!!1

(and in case you people missed it i'm making a point)

ok now on to something more substantial...
Faranor wrote:Looking at the wagon from yesterday, I'll say that Masterspy and 1-2 of {IceCream, Pineapple} are scum on the bv wagon, and that 0-1 of {PP} was scum off the wagon.

@Tom: We got our shit together when Faraday came back from V/LA. I thought it was going to be amazing but since we're both gut players who rarely back up their suspicions with anything concrete it's really hard to get a discussion going. Basically we now know where the other stands on every player.
you say that Masterspy has a 100% chance of being scum, but me and IceCream a 50% chance each. so why is your vote on me and not MS who you appear to suspect more?

(actually rereading this over i think i can see why, but the questions still stands)
Chimaira wrote:You went out of your way not to comment on it but were willing to hammer, why? It doesn't add up
maybe because i didnt go out of my way not to comment on it.
push
them! Make cases on them, ask them questions... You know, scum hunt. I didn't see any of that from you yesterday and that's a big part of the reason why our vote is on you today.

~Sotty
the more i think about PP and my growing dislike of Mr. Smith, the more i'm realizing that my dislike comes from a VIish read on them. scum have a reason to act like a VI so my brain kinda slotted them in there. except by definition a VI is a town player that acts against his/her wincon.

in other words: i still dont like their play, but I find them less likely to be scum then before.
Faranor
Faranor
Goon
Faranor
Goon
Goon

Post Post #387 (ISO) » Thu Nov 04, 2010 6:08 am

Post by Faranor »

Pineapple wrote:
Faranor wrote:
Pineapple wrote:

In cool news
Vote Pineapple

why?

cool story, thanks for explaining what you were trying to do, I'd not have got it if not.

you say that Masterspy has a 100% chance of being scum, but me and IceCream a 50% chance each. so why is your vote on me and not MS who you appear to suspect more?

(actually rereading this over i think i can see why, but the questions still stands)
[/quote]
I don't think masterspy is scum. That's why.

@Magna no clue personally, Nik'll get back to you in his next post I suspect.
Faranor
Faranor
Goon
Faranor
Goon
Goon

Post Post #388 (ISO) » Thu Nov 04, 2010 6:15 am

Post by Faranor »

this is BAM ruleset? prods on request?

MOD: PROD BOWSER
bv310
bv310
Mafia Scum
bv310
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #389 (ISO) » Thu Nov 04, 2010 6:20 am

Post by bv310 »

Already did. They have 24 hours left as of this post to get a GOOD post up before I replace the both of them.
Bowser
Bowser
Mafia Scum
Bowser
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #390 (ISO) » Thu Nov 04, 2010 9:51 am

Post by Bowser »

I guess I should start by weighing in on the #1 lynch candidate for today. I'll do so with an ISO
Pineapple wrote:third, @ CC: why the start of the bv311 bandwagon? i agree with it in the sense that i dont like his play so far this game either, and i'm not against lynching him, but to me it seemed to come almost out of the blue and/or in response to Zorblag putting him on his shortlist.

fourth, @ FourTigers: you expressed a desire to lynch bv311 earlier, and have again mentioned that you will vote him closer to deadline. so what is preventing you from voting him/joining the bandwagon now?
So right here he's saying that he finds bv311 not exactly worth lynching, but is edging towards the wagon. I find this to be wishy-washy and scummy. Pineapple hadn't mentioned bv311 previous to this post (other than mentioning in the RQS stage that he would lynch him for "a confusing avatar"), so it seems like he senses that a wagon is forming and wants to look proactive by edging towards it and looking supportive without really putting himself on the line Also he is questioning CC and FourTigers on their willingness to lynch and he further asks FourTigers why he isn't voting yet if he's willing to vote for him later in the game. This is somewhat fair, although kind of hypocritical because he's doing basically what he's accusing FourTigers of doing.
Pineapple wrote:i am also willing to hammer bv311 if needed, but only after a claim.
This is Pineapple's next post. I would ask the same thing you asked FourTigers in your previous post. Edges yet closer to the wagon without providing any reasoning for getting on it other than a comment that he "didn't like bv311's play".
Pineapple wrote:also interesting to note that this post looks like you planning on running me up to a lynch tomorrow regardless of what i do. good ol' damned if i do; damned if i dont.

also i never said that i'd vote him but i'm not going to. i said i'd vote him but wanted a claim from him first.

and he just claimed. VT.

good ol' damned if i do; damned if i dont in your eyes. if i hammer him here and he flips VT, then you are all over me for being an obvscum hammer. if i hammer here and he flips scum, then you are all over me for bussing my partner that is an inevitable lynch. if i dont hammer and someone else does and he flips scum, i look like i was trying to avoid hammering my partner. if i dont hammer and someone else does and he flips town, i look like i was scum trying to avoid a townie lynch.

but anyway a VT claim isn't reason enough to not hammer him. he hasn't been contributing and has been actively lurking.
Unvote

VOTE: bv311
I don't get why you aren't really attempting to defend yourself so much as you're attacking one player's reasons for wanting to vote you and then weakly coming up with a reason to vote for bv311. You aren't really providing reasons why you want to lynch so much as saying "well if I don't lynch him you'll think I'm scum, so I guess I'll vote him!". You're putting the blame for your vote on others for when bv311 flipped town. This looks like scummy reasoning to me, although the whole "I was pressured into voting!" approach isn't something I've seen before.
Pineapple wrote:first, what's so wrong with not mentioning Bowser very much in my posts? he hasn't posted much of anything this game, and just cause you think he's one of the top suspects doesn't mean i do. at worst he was active lurking like bv311, but i also find it quite likely that RL has been a problem for them which would explain their lack of posting.
Thanks for the support. I agree that we haven't done anything all that scummy other than lurking. And yes thank you, RL has been a problem. Realizing that we're not scum doesn't make you town, though. Looks more like you're a scum player trying to get a member of the town on your side.

Pineapple wrote:
Faranor wrote:
Pineapple wrote:

In cool news
Vote Pineapple

why?

So...you OMGUS someone to make a point...but then don't explain it further and leave your vote there. Is your point that he deserves a vote because he voted for you with no reason? Funny...that's...what you're doing....
Pineapple wrote:
Chimaira wrote:You went out of your way not to comment on it but were willing to hammer, why? It doesn't add up
Being wishy washy, overindicating your vote before you put it on (which to my mind was a way to test the waters to make sure it wouldn't be perceived as scummy) and then jumping on what turned on to be a town wagon with little to no reasoning is a pretty scummy combo of actions.
Pineapple wrote:
push

~Sotty
the more i think about PP and my growing dislike of Mr. Smith, the more i'm realizing that my dislike comes from a VIish read on them. scum have a reason to act like a VI so my brain kinda slotted them in there. except by definition a VI is a town player that acts against his/her wincon.

in other words: i still dont like their play, but I find them less likely to be scum then before.
More wishy-washyness and weasel words. Pineapple's unwillingness to commit to a wagon and vote for a decent reason is scummy. It doesn't look to me like Pineapple is scumhunting, more like drifting along and playing in a reactionary way.

After the ISO, I'm happy with a Pineapple lynch today, but I will have to confer with my hydra partner to see where he wants our vote to go.

<3,
Untrod
It's
BOWSER TIME!
SMBMIIIS: The War on Bleck's Army
is coming to a Mini Theme queue near you! 0/6 pre-in's taken.
Ellibereth
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Ellibereth
Deus ex Machina
Deus ex Machina

Post Post #391 (ISO) » Thu Nov 04, 2010 11:05 am

Post by Ellibereth »

I'M BACK.
JAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
Need to settle in and all that though...will try and get up to date and everything by tomorrow Night.
FLASH OF GREEN
Professor Paradox
Professor Paradox
Townie
Professor Paradox
Townie
Townie

Post Post #392 (ISO) » Thu Nov 04, 2010 11:06 am

Post by Professor Paradox »

I'M BACK.
JAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
Need to settle in and all that though...will try and get up to date and everything by tomorrow Night.
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #393 (ISO) » Thu Nov 04, 2010 8:09 pm

Post by Nikanor »

MS wrote:@Fara – in 310 you made a pointed comment regarding me ‘not following up’ on promised content. I asked you to clarify what via quotation what I was not following up on. You never responded. Again I’d like to know the reason for your comment.
Too many games and a lot less time have left me skimming. The bottom of this post has you promising to take a closer look at that.
MS wrote:I can’t believe you actually posted this Nik.
I can't outWIFOM a group of people. Yes, the kill could mean everything, but it could also mean nothing. The scum might have found what they thought was a softclaim, or they might have killed him because he was pro-town. I'm basing those reads on wagon position and prior suspicions only.
Pineapple wrote:you say that Masterspy has a 100% chance of being scum, but me and IceCream a 50% chance each. so why is your vote on me and not MS who you appear to suspect more?
I suspect MS the most, but Faraday doesn't seem to share my view. Leaving aside the fact that Faraday would change an MS vote to a Pineapple vote if I tried, we both agree that you're probably scum.
Way to justify your vote on me with both scummy reasoning and a disclaimer.
I am in the bottom 10% of scumhunters onsite!
Faranor
Faranor
Goon
Faranor
Goon
Goon

Post Post #394 (ISO) » Thu Nov 04, 2010 8:11 pm

Post by Faranor »

Nikanor wrote:
MS wrote:@Fara – in 310 you made a pointed comment regarding me ‘not following up’ on promised content. I asked you to clarify what via quotation what I was not following up on. You never responded. Again I’d like to know the reason for your comment.
Too many games and a lot less time have left me skimming. The bottom of this post has you promising to take a closer look at that.
MS wrote:I can’t believe you actually posted this Nik.
I can't outWIFOM a group of people. Yes, the kill could mean everything, but it could also mean nothing. The scum might have found what they thought was a softclaim, or they might have killed him because he was pro-town. I'm basing those reads on wagon position and prior suspicions only.
Pineapple wrote:you say that Masterspy has a 100% chance of being scum, but me and IceCream a 50% chance each. so why is your vote on me and not MS who you appear to suspect more?
I suspect MS the most, but Faraday doesn't seem to share my view. Leaving aside the fact that Faraday would change an MS vote to a Pineapple vote if I tried, we both agree that you're probably scum.
Way to justify your vote on me with both scummy reasoning and a disclaimer.
Faranor
Faranor
Goon
Faranor
Goon
Goon

Post Post #395 (ISO) » Fri Nov 05, 2010 3:38 am

Post by Faranor »

Bowser wrote:I guess I should start by weighing in on the #1 lynch candidate for today. I'll do so with an ISO
Pineapple wrote:third, @ CC: why the start of the bv311 bandwagon? i agree with it in the sense that i dont like his play so far this game either, and i'm not against lynching him, but to me it seemed to come almost out of the blue and/or in response to Zorblag putting him on his shortlist.

So right here he's saying that he finds bv311 not exactly worth lynching, but is edging towards the wagon. I find this to be wishy-washy and scummy. Pineapple hadn't mentioned bv311 previous to this post (other than mentioning in the RQS stage that he would lynch him for "a confusing avatar"), so it seems like he senses that a wagon is forming and wants to look proactive by edging towards it and looking supportive without really putting himself on the line Also he is questioning CC and FourTigers on their willingness to lynch and he further asks FourTigers why he isn't voting yet if he's willing to vote for him later in the game. This is somewhat fair, although kind of hypocritical because he's doing basically what he's accusing FourTigers of doing.
Pineapple wrote:i am also willing to hammer bv311 if needed, but only after a claim.
This is Pineapple's next post. I would ask the same thing you asked FourTigers in your previous post. Edges yet closer to the wagon without providing any reasoning for getting on it other than a comment that he "didn't like bv311's play".
Pineapple wrote:also interesting to note that this post looks like you planning on running me up to a lynch tomorrow regardless of what i do. good ol' damned if i do; damned if i dont.

also i never said that i'd vote him but i'm not going to. i said i'd vote him but wanted a claim from him first.

and he just claimed. VT.

good ol' damned if i do; damned if i dont in your eyes. if i hammer him here and he flips VT, then you are all over me for being an obvscum hammer. if i hammer here and he flips scum, then you are all over me for bussing my partner that is an inevitable lynch. if i dont hammer and someone else does and he flips scum, i look like i was trying to avoid hammering my partner. if i dont hammer and someone else does and he flips town, i look like i was scum trying to avoid a townie lynch.

but anyway a VT claim isn't reason enough to not hammer him. he hasn't been contributing and has been actively lurking.
Unvote

VOTE: bv311
I don't get why you aren't really attempting to defend yourself so much as you're attacking one player's reasons for wanting to vote you and then weakly coming up with a reason to vote for bv311. You aren't really providing reasons why you want to lynch so much as saying "well if I don't lynch him you'll think I'm scum, so I guess I'll vote him!". You're putting the blame for your vote on others for when bv311 flipped town. This looks like scummy reasoning to me, although the whole "I was pressured into voting!" approach isn't something I've seen before.
Pineapple wrote:first, what's so wrong with not mentioning Bowser very much in my posts? he hasn't posted much of anything this game, and just cause you think he's one of the top suspects doesn't mean i do. at worst he was active lurking like bv311, but i also find it quite likely that RL has been a problem for them which would explain their lack of posting.
Thanks for the support. I agree that we haven't done anything all that scummy other than lurking. And yes thank you, RL has been a problem. Realizing that we're not scum doesn't make you town, though. Looks more like you're a scum player trying to get a member of the town on your side.

Pineapple wrote:
Faranor wrote:
Pineapple wrote:

In cool news
Vote Pineapple

why?

So...you OMGUS someone to make a point...but then don't explain it further and leave your vote there. Is your point that he deserves a vote because he voted for you with no reason? Funny...that's...what you're doing....
Pineapple wrote:
Being wishy washy, overindicating your vote before you put it on (which to my mind was a way to test the waters to make sure it wouldn't be perceived as scummy) and then jumping on what turned on to be a town wagon with little to no reasoning is a pretty scummy combo of actions.
Pineapple wrote:
push

~Sotty

More wishy-washyness and weasel words. Pineapple's unwillingness to commit to a wagon and vote for a decent reason is scummy. It doesn't look to me like Pineapple is scumhunting, more like drifting along and playing in a reactionary way.

After the ISO, I'm happy with a Pineapple lynch today, but I will have to confer with my hydra partner to see where he wants our vote to go.

<3,
Untrod
where the fuck of you been all game (at least this is content I guess)

yeah pineapple's scum and al but idk if you just decided b/c of the votecount and then made a case or what.

NIK I'M NOT A PRICK I'D NOT CHANGE A VOTE JUST LIKE THAT </3

Also I've 3rd world internet atm so my access over the weekend is going to be um, spotty at best. technician's coming tomorrow I think to hopefully fix it but @ mod v/la for the weekend anyways.
Lateralus22
Lateralus22
Mafia Scum
Lateralus22
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #396 (ISO) » Fri Nov 05, 2010 11:39 am

Post by Lateralus22 »

Edited out in the hopes of keeping this page a bit smaller.
Last edited by bv310 on Fri Nov 05, 2010 12:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TomAndJerry
TomAndJerry
Townie
TomAndJerry
Townie
Townie

Post Post #397 (ISO) » Fri Nov 05, 2010 11:40 am

Post by TomAndJerry »

Lateralus22 wrote:
Mr Smith wrote:Tom: 248 - Show me what it contradicts. 339 - The wagon was good, even if I felt it was less likely to hit scum than a Bowser lynch was. The lynch was actually pretty damn good too, given a2rudeboy's track record.
Mhm… first two are you trying to cast suspicion on him for it while the third is you saying you don't think it's scummy. Am I misunderstanding something?
I can also tell you why accidentaly revealing your real name is slightly protown,
but scum would abuse that, wouldn't they?
They could "slip up" on purpose and then take fake townie points for it, right? That's why I'm not telling.
….
You are trying to nitpick a statement apart. A statement that you don't understand.
I was very clear that I would consider accidentaly outing your name to be a slight towntell. However, since it is such a minor tell, scum wouldn't abuse it,
so I have no idea where you get that we think Icecream is scum because they outed themselves. You are turning my point around, and I don't know why.
Chimaira wrote:TomAndJerry, you're presenting me with a false dichotomy here. As I said in my answer I wasn't particularly trying to reprimand Mr Smith or give him a lesson about theory. I was trying to respond to a comment that he made to me. Do you think that I'm trying to reprimand you or give you a lesson in theory now? I'm not and I think it would be silly to assume that those were my only options when responding to players in games of mafia in general.
Hardly, those were the only options I saw. Ok, you're saying you commented in general but that's incredibly vague. I don't think you personally are trying to reprimand/give me a theory lesson but that's irrelevant now. If this is a "general comment" then I take it that it's just fluff.

Am I still missing something?
IceCream wrote:Um…. what? My other head posted a case against bowser. Since we occupy the same playerslot, that is effectively the same thing as me writing a case on him.
That's not true at all, that'd be like saying a hydra is inconsistent because the two players have a contrasting posting style. The only partly true thing is towards scummy actions contributing towards the slot.
IceCream wrote:Because I understood what Crab was trying to say and someone else didn't?
But the quote/situation had nothing to do with Crab? Where'd Crab come from in all this?
Faranor wrote:@Tom: We got our shit together when Faraday came back from V/LA. I thought it was going to be amazing but since we're both gut players who rarely back up their suspicions with anything concrete it's really hard to get a discussion going. Basically we now know where the other stands on every player.
Huh. Originally I thought you meant you'd be posting more content. Has anything actually changed though regarding your reads after "you got your shit together" because I see no evidence of that.
Bowser wrote:Thanks for the support. I agree that we haven't done anything all that scummy other than lurking. And yes thank you, RL has been a problem. Realizing that we're not scum doesn't make you town, though. Looks more like you're a scum player trying to get a member of the town on your side.
Have you read the whole thread? Why is this particular instance worse than the town reads other people have given in the game?
It's weird. When I say he's one of the biggest suspects I mean in this game in general. He's one of the most controversial players here so it makes no sense for you to neglect them unless you weren't scum hunting.
Pineapple wrote:as for not pushing PP harder...it's a bit hard to do that when almost everyone is giving him a free pass for his actions.
What? I don't understand why you wouldn't do all you could to get someone you think is scum lynched. Not everyone is giving him a pass either.

Would be cool to hear more from Crab/Prof.

~Tom
Damn it >.>
Chimaira
Chimaira
Goon
Chimaira
Goon
Goon

Post Post #398 (ISO) » Fri Nov 05, 2010 3:44 pm

Post by Chimaira »

OK, we're now halfway to deadline for today. Thus far 5 of 10 hydras have yet to cast any votes today. That's not acceptable. We've got a decision that needs to be made by midnight Monday and we need to get down to business. Needing to check with your other head before voting can't take this long. You've all played games of mafia on your own. You can all make these decisions if you need to. If your hydra partner isn't about then you need to start doing that. I'm talking to Bowser, Crab Canon, MasterSpy, Professor Paradox and TomAndJerry here.

@Faranor, hydra heads don't have to come to perfect agreement on suspicions, that's one of the advantages of working with a partner. You're apparently claiming that one of your heads is sure that MasterSpy is scum and the other thinks that he's town. That's a perfect issue to work out behind the scenes. Right now it looks like you're making sure you can fall down on whichever side of the issue will help you down the line because you've certainly got both sides publicly covered. I don't care for that at all.

@Pineapple, if you're now getting VI reads on your other scum suspects who's at the top of your list other than Faranor?

@Bowser, have you even looked at anyone other than Pineapple at this point?

@TomAndJerry, I'm perplexed as to what you're having trouble understanding here. This exchange that we're having is me responding to things that you're posting. Unless you think that it's just fluff (in which case I question your motive for continuing it) I'm not sure why you'd think my doing the same thing with Mr Smith would be just fluff. When people make comments to me that I think are wrong I'll disagree. When people ask me questions I'll respond. When I see something that I think is note worth I'll note it. It's a part of playing an interactive game like mafia. In the case you're hung up on Mr Smith said something to me that I disagreed with so I told him why I thought he was wrong. How is that at all unexpected in a game of mafia? You seem to be treating it as though it's some bizarre thing that happened when it's really not. Do you think that Mr Smith's first comment to me was incomprehensible in some way or that he was posting just fluff?

-Zorblag R`Lyeh
bv310
bv310
Mafia Scum
bv310
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #399 (ISO) » Fri Nov 05, 2010 8:17 pm

Post by bv310 »

No one's in need of prods atm (as far as I can tell), but I'm currently searching for another head replacement.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”