Mini 1057: Unsubsidized Mafia (Game Over!)

ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #625 (ISO) » Tue Nov 02, 2010 2:34 pm

Post by ThAdmiral »

DemonHybrid wrote:Uh....no?

Voting myself is a detriment to town. I can't believe you're seriously asking that.
Listen to him. He wouldn't need to vote himself if I turned up scum, something he apparently thinks I am. Therefore he either doesn't actually think I am scum or is in fact scum himself.

In any case I don't think I shall survive much longer. Please lynch dh tomorrow. The way I figure it if Thor, redtail or sapovirus are scum they've more or less already won. I can't adequately explain my town read on farcry. He's been playing badly but for some reason a lot of his posts seem oddly genuine. As I said before it makes perfect sense to me if drshotty is scumpartners with dh.

Anyway before you start whinging here is my claim: vanilla town. Sorry for the anti climax.

I know I'm very likely to be lynched but look over what I've said, mainly today, and ask yourself if it was actually all that scummy. All I really did was state who I was suspicious of and gave my reasons. I didn't want to continue arguing with dh because it would have been pointless. I never backed down from what I believed.
Don't ask me to provide self meta
redtail896
redtail896
Goon
redtail896
Goon
Goon

Post Post #626 (ISO) » Tue Nov 02, 2010 2:54 pm

Post by redtail896 »

ThAdmiral wrote:Listen to him. He wouldn't need to vote himself if I turned up scum, something he apparently thinks I am. Therefore he either doesn't actually think I am scum or is in fact scum himself.
He's refusing your request because it's ridiculous. Voting for yourself is anti-town.

Ugh, I need to reread some stuff (and finish watching the elections). More tomorrow.
You can just call me Redtail. If I could, I'd change my name to that anyway.
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #627 (ISO) » Tue Nov 02, 2010 3:02 pm

Post by ThAdmiral »

To be honest the main reason I asked was to get his response. It was like a last chance for him to convince me he might have been town. If he'd said "alright I will take your wager" I would have been inclined to believe he was town, and then told him he wouldn't have had to go through with it. But he didn't so I still think he's scum.
redtail896
redtail896
Goon
redtail896
Goon
Goon

Post Post #628 (ISO) » Tue Nov 02, 2010 3:05 pm

Post by redtail896 »

ThAdmiral wrote:To be honest the main reason I asked was to get his response. It was like a last chance for him to convince me he might have been town. If he'd said "alright I will take your wager" I would have been inclined to believe he was town, and then told him he wouldn't have had to go through with it. But he didn't so I still think he's scum.
redtail896 wrote:
ThAdmiral wrote:Listen to him. He wouldn't need to vote himself if I turned up scum, something he apparently thinks I am. Therefore he either doesn't actually think I am scum or is in fact scum himself.
He's refusing your request because it's ridiculous. Voting for yourself is anti-town.

Ugh, I need to reread some stuff (and finish watching the elections). More tomorrow.
You can just call me Redtail. If I could, I'd change my name to that anyway.
Far_Cry
Far_Cry
Goon
Far_Cry
Goon
Goon

Post Post #629 (ISO) » Tue Nov 02, 2010 3:20 pm

Post by Far_Cry »

Thor665 wrote:Yo, Far_Cry, since this post I'm quoting all you've done is demand for Admiral to claim. In the post prior to the one I'm quoting you actually still seemed to be riding the 'don't trust DH' wagon. Where are you now? How do you feel about DH? How do you feel about Admiral? What are your thoughts on the current wagon of him?
Thor, oh Thor. Questions are detrimental to reason. Actually, no, I'm too lazy.
View my new PC gaming blog at: http://poorpcgamer.blogspot.com
DemonHybrid
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
And Another Thing...

Post Post #630 (ISO) » Tue Nov 02, 2010 3:36 pm

Post by DemonHybrid »

Are you guys serious? Can we have some freaking information, please?

@Admiral: What redtail said, like 50 times over. How can you even attempt to try to build a case on the rejection of voting myself? How can you see saporo as less town than anyone else (especially far_cry, who you can't explain your town read on, with the exception of "it just seems genuine") with her Miller claim with no knowledge of a Cop?

And yes. A lot of what you said was scummy, especially this "bet" thing that you recently tried to pull. How does me refusing to detriment the town by voting myself (someone who I know is town) make me scummy?

I'd like you to answer this, then we can hammer. I don't think Far_Cry will comply with Thor's request.
This account is no longer being used.

You want this one.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #631 (ISO) » Tue Nov 02, 2010 4:09 pm

Post by Thor665 »

Far_Cry wrote:Thor, oh Thor. Questions are detrimental to reason. Actually, no, I'm too lazy.
:evil:

IMMA POST ALL CAPS FOR A SECOND TO PROPERLY CLARIFY HOW ANGRY I AM. PICK *ONE* OF THE BELOW OPTIONS!

Request replacement from the mod - NOW!
Start playing the game.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #632 (ISO) » Tue Nov 02, 2010 4:14 pm

Post by Thor665 »

DemonHybrid wrote:How can you see saporo as less town than anyone else
Whoah.

Unvote: ThAdmiral

Really quick - where did he say this? I checked his iso because that would be a crazy awesome catch and as far as I can tell he's said the exact opposite of this repeatedly.
DemonHybrid
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
And Another Thing...

Post Post #633 (ISO) » Tue Nov 02, 2010 4:26 pm

Post by DemonHybrid »

ThAdmiral wrote:
DemonHybrid wrote:Uh....no?

Voting myself is a detriment to town. I can't believe you're seriously asking that.
Listen to him. He wouldn't need to vote himself if I turned up scum, something he apparently thinks I am. Therefore he either doesn't actually think I am scum or is in fact scum himself.

In any case I don't think I shall survive much longer. Please lynch dh tomorrow.
The way I figure it if Thor, redtail or sapovirus are scum they've more or less already won. I can't adequately explain my town read on farcry. He's been playing badly but for some reason a lot of his posts seem oddly genuine. As I said before it makes perfect sense to me if drshotty is scumpartners with dh.

Anyway before you start whinging here is my claim: vanilla town. Sorry for the anti climax.

I know I'm very likely to be lynched but look over what I've said, mainly today, and ask yourself if it was actually all that scummy. All I really did was state who I was suspicious of and gave my reasons. I didn't want to continue arguing with dh because it would have been pointless. I never backed down from what I believed.

You want this one.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #634 (ISO) » Tue Nov 02, 2010 4:32 pm

Post by Thor665 »

The way I'm reading that he's saying
if
sappo is scum he's already won (I won't begin to wonder how he figures that, as we should have at least one more lynch chance with a three scum starting team).
He then says he can't explain his read on Far_Cry (the implication being he can explain his read on all the other people (like sapo) he's clearing.
I think he may have even been the first person to call sapo's miller claim town.
He opened the game day today saying sapo was on his "will not lynch" list.

How are you reading the above to make it seem like he's calling sapo a very weak town read?
DemonHybrid
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
And Another Thing...

Post Post #635 (ISO) » Tue Nov 02, 2010 4:37 pm

Post by DemonHybrid »

He explicitly mentioned Far_Cry as a town read, and grouping saporo in with you and redtail as possible scum. I'd say that implies that he views Far_Cry as more town than saporo, as was my point.

You want this one.
DemonHybrid
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
And Another Thing...

Post Post #636 (ISO) » Tue Nov 02, 2010 4:37 pm

Post by DemonHybrid »

Regardless, I think he may have worded it wrong. It's part of the reason why I was asking him.

You want this one.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #637 (ISO) » Tue Nov 02, 2010 4:45 pm

Post by Thor665 »

Vote: ThAdmiral

(L-1 again)

@DH - he grouped him in as likely town not scum. That said, this looks like just more of your pedantic peccadilloes and not an actual misrep attempt and I can see where the logic is coming from by seperating out Far_Cry like he did, so meh. My other reads hold solid. Admiral's long delay to claim and some of what was said during that time is pretty telling, and I still stick with my initial tell on him as well.
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #638 (ISO) » Tue Nov 02, 2010 4:46 pm

Post by ThAdmiral »

I've got redtail, thor and sapovirus as town and that hasn't changed since forever. Since they are all seen as town by the majority I can't see them losing if one or all of them are scum.
DemonHybrid
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
And Another Thing...

Post Post #639 (ISO) » Tue Nov 02, 2010 4:55 pm

Post by DemonHybrid »

Alright, thanks for the clarification. The way you worded it seemed like you were suspecting them past me.

.....pedantic peccadilloes

You want this one.
Far_Cry
Far_Cry
Goon
Far_Cry
Goon
Goon

Post Post #640 (ISO) » Tue Nov 02, 2010 5:40 pm

Post by Far_Cry »

Thor665 wrote:
Far_Cry wrote:Thor, oh Thor. Questions are detrimental to reason. Actually, no, I'm too lazy.
:evil:

IMMA POST ALL CAPS FOR A SECOND TO PROPERLY CLARIFY HOW ANGRY I AM. PICK *ONE* OF THE BELOW OPTIONS!

Request replacement from the mod - NOW!
Start playing the game.
Maybe I should hammer, and then we talk.
View my new PC gaming blog at: http://poorpcgamer.blogspot.com
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #641 (ISO) » Tue Nov 02, 2010 5:55 pm

Post by Thor665 »

What does that even mean?

If you're too lazy to play the game, replace out.
Otherwise give your current thoughts on the Admiral wagon and how you went from suspecting DH to supporting the wagon he was championing.
DemonHybrid
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
And Another Thing...

Post Post #642 (ISO) » Tue Nov 02, 2010 7:28 pm

Post by DemonHybrid »

Far_Cry.

If you are town, you are failing. If you are too lazy to talk NOW but not too lazy to talk after Admiral's HAMMER, then what the hell?

You want this one.
Chevre
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Honourable Mention

Post Post #643 (ISO) » Wed Nov 03, 2010 4:27 am

Post by Chevre »

Vote Count 16

(3) ThAdmiral (DemonHybrid, drmyshottyizsik, Thor665)
(1) DemonHybrid (ThAdmiral)

(3) Not Voting (Far_Cry, redtail896, saporovirus)

With
players alive, it takes
votes to lynch!
Deadline is
November 15th

There will be no kisses tonight
There will be no holding hands tonight
'Cause what is now wasn't there before and should not be
DemonHybrid
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
And Another Thing...

Post Post #644 (ISO) » Wed Nov 03, 2010 4:43 am

Post by DemonHybrid »

Unvote
, and here's why.

I find EXTREME scum motivation behind Far_Cry's willing to comment AFTER Admiral's hammer, but not before. Shows he doesn't care about the turnout of the lynch at all, and until he justifies this, he actually puts himself on the same level of scumminess that Admiral is at.

Along with this, Admiral's play is absolutely frustrating, but I can somewhat understand how everything that he posted MIGHT have been a mistake, even if they are contradictions. Doesn't justify his little high noon showdown stunt that he pulled recently, which is really iffy, along with setting up suspicion on me Day 2, then immediately voting me Day 3. Doesn't look good at all.

I need to decide.

shotty and saporo are obvtown to me. Thor looks town, but not obv town, and redtail is mid neutral. I'd like your input on this decision, all of you, mainly the following argument:

What's worse: Silently switching over to a townie's wagon and silently setting up suspicion on someone, following with a vote the day after, a stunt that requires almost clairvoyant skill? Or someone who absolutely refuses to give any information or ask any questions until a flip is over, even though from the start, he said he was too "lazy" to, implying that he wouldn't have made a case the day after regardless? It's obvious he isn't "lazy", he has something to hide, or else he wouldn't want to make a case regardless; why does he have to wait for a flip?

You want this one.
saporovirus
saporovirus
she/they
Goon
saporovirus
she/they
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: she/they

Post Post #645 (ISO) » Wed Nov 03, 2010 6:22 am

Post by saporovirus »

I agree with DH, Far_Cry's "Maybe I should hammer, and then we'll talk" is looking VERY scummy. It's almost like he's disappeared now on purpose, because the heat was off him so he doesn't even have to try to defend himself anymore- an ungodly number of his contributions before have been in response to pressure on him. I suspected he might be doing this yesterday as well; disappearing when the wagon turned to other players. A pro-town player who's not being hounded should respond by at least trying to offer his opinion even if it's not very useful. I'm really fucking confused about why he'd start the day with "I know you guys are gonna vote for me cuz I look scummy" though. I also am not liking Far_Cry's criticism of DH earlier today: he was like "You've just acted super confident in your reads and you belittle everyone else's waaaah." It seems like a pretty flimsy contribution, because he didn't even point out whether he thought it was a scum tell or not.

But I'm really unhappy about ThAdmiral's "will you vote for yourself if I flip town, DH" deal, and his "jimfinn Cassandra" argument, and his latest interactions with DH ("Are ye man enough to accept this inane test") are looking pretty scummy too. Honestly, of the two, I'm more likely to go with ThAdmiral. He's displayed a lot of skill thus far (whereas Far_Cry has consistently failed to keep his cool) and the fact that he is resorting to such ridiculousness now makes me suspect him much more.

It would probably help if people stopped acting so silly.

Vote: ThAdmiral

Back at L1.
but I love you still

unsanitary999: african earl grey more like a freakin' pearl gay
DemonHybrid
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
And Another Thing...

Post Post #646 (ISO) » Wed Nov 03, 2010 7:12 am

Post by DemonHybrid »

I want to wait for redtail's thoughts until I vote for Admiral. Reasonable request, no? But yeah, I like your thinking, saporo, and am leaning on hammering Admiral.

You want this one.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #647 (ISO) » Wed Nov 03, 2010 7:48 am

Post by Thor665 »

@DH - is there logic for shotty-town in your mind outside of him going against meta and not suspecting you? I'm still trying to iron down my read there and the extent of my town read for the slot is from the previous slot holder so I wouldn't mind hearing a few more thoughts for me to mull over.

As regards Admiral vs. FC I really think it breaks down like this.

1. The case on Admiral is some odd stances paired with the mental twist as regards his interactions with you.
2. The case on Far_Cry is that he is being opportunistic about his suspicions on you/Admiral.

I find both pretty scummy.
I find an unwillingness to claim right away when the claim was VT to be much scummier then being a bad player who refuses to explain his reads.
DemonHybrid
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
And Another Thing...

Post Post #648 (ISO) » Wed Nov 03, 2010 8:40 am

Post by DemonHybrid »

Nothing nhamman or shotty has done has any scum motivation. They both were trying to stay out of the way and although they haven't been the most vocal players, I really haven't objected to anything they've said. That may change in the future, but I like where our reads are at.

You want this one.
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #649 (ISO) » Wed Nov 03, 2010 10:03 am

Post by ThAdmiral »

saporovirus wrote:But I'm really unhappy about ThAdmiral's "will you vote for yourself if I flip town, DH" deal, and his "jimfinn Cassandra" argument, and his latest interactions with DH ("Are ye man enough to accept this inane test") are looking pretty scummy too. Honestly, of the two, I'm more likely to go with ThAdmiral. He's displayed a lot of skill thus far (whereas Far_Cry has consistently failed to keep his cool) and the fact that he is resorting to such ridiculousness now makes me suspect him much more.
Eh, I realized I was going to be lynched no matter what so I decided I would go out with a bang. I'm surprised I've not been hammered yet to be honest.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”