Reckamonic's Ocarina of Time Mafia..OVER! Was Hyrule saved?

Beefster
Beefster
Mafia Scum
Beefster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2250 (ISO) » Mon Nov 01, 2010 9:52 am

Post by Beefster »

I think I made a valid hit with my power. Now to wait for the vote count. Hopefully I haven't been PGOd.
On hiatus indefinitely. This was a nice distraction when I was working through my faith transition out of Mormonism, but I need to move on to bigger and better things now.
Get to know a meat boy
DTMaster
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2251 (ISO) » Mon Nov 01, 2010 10:25 am

Post by DTMaster »

1. Kdub: ? Just ? since I'm waiting for your case.

2. Chrono: Supersaint usually kills the person who lynches them. Thus Fate/Jalboc/that group shot someone. Nikanor claimed the Untrod kill. The only question arises from the fact that:

a. Did Fate-scum group failed their kill? Therefore where did the 3rd kill come from that took out Fate/Jalboc.
b. Did Fate-scum group get their group kill redirected back on them.

3. Chrono, I already gave a theory supported with meta evidence that Twinrova role might still exist (reference CEBM with the bakus).
DTMaster
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2252 (ISO) » Mon Nov 01, 2010 10:26 am

Post by DTMaster »

I should clarify: Superstaint kills based on hammer. It doesn't activate on kills.
Beefster
Beefster
Mafia Scum
Beefster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2253 (ISO) » Mon Nov 01, 2010 10:27 am

Post by Beefster »

Nope. Never mind that.

There is, in fact, a shift. Good to know.
On hiatus indefinitely. This was a nice distraction when I was working through my faith transition out of Mormonism, but I need to move on to bigger and better things now.
Get to know a meat boy
Reckamonic
Reckamonic
Goon
Reckamonic
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2254 (ISO) » Mon Nov 01, 2010 10:48 am

Post by Reckamonic »

PLUSHIE: "I told you I don't dress up for Halloween!"
BIG DADDY: "But, but... I bought you a cute costume..."
PLUSHIE: "Well, that's too bad."
BIG DADDY: "But look at that shade of green, it goes so well with your eyes!"
PLUSHIE: "...My eyes aren't green."
BIG DADDY: "I even got you a Master Sword!"
PLUSHIE: "... heh, you said sword."
BIG DADDY: "And I mean, look at those TIGHTS!"

nameloc1986 (3): "Fluffy", "Bridget", A Flying Pot
Substrike22 (3): ABR, Hinduragi, Substrike22
Blooderection (1): Le Cupcake
Dekes (1): DTMaster
Exilon (1): Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta (1): Blooderection
Mothrax (1): Nikanor
Bunnylover (1): Bunnylover
chesskid3 (1): chesskid3
Beefster (1): Beefster
KDub (1): KDub

Not voting: Chronopie, Dekes, zwetschenwasser, RayFrost, Exilon, jenniwren, jmj3000, ZONEACE, Ythan, nameloc1986, mothrax, Aikage

prodding jmj, Le Cupcake, BloodErection, jenniwren and ZONEACE

With 24 alive, it takes 13 to lynch!
deadline is the 17th at 11:59PM.
Last edited by Reckamonic on Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.
._.
meeeeeeep?
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2255 (ISO) » Mon Nov 01, 2010 10:56 am

Post by chesskid3 »

The shift might have something to do with someone voting for the mod >_<
Want me to vote for him and see if it shifts to me? I don't have a night action I'm using tonight so :P
Papa Zito - "Your signature has been blanked...we remove signatures at a users request if said signature references them, or if it quotes from a thread in the Speakeasy, which is not allowed without permission of the poster"
DTMaster
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2256 (ISO) » Mon Nov 01, 2010 11:06 am

Post by DTMaster »

Huh where did the shift go

Mod is the VC correct?
Reckamonic
Reckamonic
Goon
Reckamonic
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2257 (ISO) » Mon Nov 01, 2010 11:48 am

Post by Reckamonic »

Aside from Substrike22 being listed twice (which is now fixed), yes, it is correct.
._.
meeeeeeep?
Bunnylover
Bunnylover
Mafia Scum
Bunnylover
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2258 (ISO) » Mon Nov 01, 2010 11:50 am

Post by Bunnylover »

Beefster wrote:Nope. Never mind that.

There is, in fact, a shift. Good to know.
rawr we know their is a shift, we don't know what it does.
And it seems like the roll fail as I see everyone still have their vote :<
Show
I have played 25 games:
Town wins : 13
Scum wins : 3
Town loses : 7
Scum loses : 2

I do not attack the player of a post, but the post itself. I would appreciate it if you do the same.
Leagues of Legends, come join the fun: LoL Site
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix
Pronoun: She/Faer

Post Post #2259 (ISO) » Mon Nov 01, 2010 11:52 am

Post by Lady Lambdadelta »

Greattttttttt

>.<
Yes my Lord, but questions are dangerous, for they have answers.

13 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you,
click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra, Airna, Fiadh and Laoise.
Soar on wings of retribution and set the world ablaze
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2260 (ISO) » Mon Nov 01, 2010 12:23 pm

Post by RayFrost »

I believe that the VC's accuracy does not indicate a lack of shift. Considering that the rolling attack was activated before most of those votes, we can't be sure about the location of the shift (or even eliminate some possibilities).
don't you feel silly now?
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2261 (ISO) » Mon Nov 01, 2010 12:24 pm

Post by chesskid3 »

chesskid3 wrote:The shift might have something to do with someone voting for the mod >_<
Want me to vote for him and see if it shifts to me? I don't have a night action I'm using tonight so :P
Papa Zito - "Your signature has been blanked...we remove signatures at a users request if said signature references them, or if it quotes from a thread in the Speakeasy, which is not allowed without permission of the poster"
Exilon
Exilon
Mafia Scum
Exilon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2262 (ISO) » Mon Nov 01, 2010 12:33 pm

Post by Exilon »

Shift.
GREAT. <.<
fherfjherfgjergkjwrgkb. Anyway.
I checked with the mod, when inquired about sanities, he implied I was sane (he said that this wasn't a bastard mod).

In any case, I never saw shifts in not-bastard games.
So, with that cleared, what is exactly the shift? So I can put my ability to good use.

Also, I was the first one that said Fate was SK. I kinda went along with that because of the color and 'attribute-killer' line. (Also lovers). Doesn't look like scum group at all.
Feels like I've been here before.
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2263 (ISO) » Mon Nov 01, 2010 12:34 pm

Post by RayFrost »

EBWOP: a lack of shift towards the new votes, rather
DTMaster
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2264 (ISO) » Mon Nov 01, 2010 12:41 pm

Post by DTMaster »

The ability Rolling Attack - At any point during any day, you may target a current wagon. You will roll into a ball and charge everyone on that wagon, removing their vote for the day and blocking all of their actions until the start of the following day.

This means: what exactly? I don't count any missing votes other then LL's note that there is a double voter in play. Which means it hit an invisible voter?
DTMaster
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2265 (ISO) » Mon Nov 01, 2010 12:44 pm

Post by DTMaster »

1. Is it possible that the shift went to Nameloc? Considering that his votes aren't removable based on his role (what Fluffy claimed).

2. Also Aikage's vote counts in the no voter status. It's possible that you hit no vote (which would be ???????) we need more people to vote to see where it landed. Otherwise this analysis is shot.

Beefster clarify: were you sucessful?
DTMaster
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2266 (ISO) » Mon Nov 01, 2010 12:45 pm

Post by DTMaster »

It is possible that the 2nd mystery vote is obscuring things. If we shift the votes around it might work as well. This requires an active mod and player list though.
DTMaster
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2267 (ISO) » Mon Nov 01, 2010 12:49 pm

Post by DTMaster »

MOD wrote:
nameloc1986 (3): "Fluffy", "Bridget", A Flying Pot
Substrike22 (2): ABR, Hinduragi
Blooderection (1): Le Cupcake
Dekes (1): DTMaster
Exilon (1): Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta (1): Blooderection
Mothrax (1): Nikanor
The above is the accurate vote count before Beefster announced his roll out attack. Therefore one of these wagons should have - votes. But it doesn't.
Dekes
Dekes
Mafia Scum
Dekes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2268 (ISO) » Mon Nov 01, 2010 12:52 pm

Post by Dekes »

I'll keep it as concise as possible here.

My vote on Substrike:
I posted that I found scummy that he only came out of lurk mode to defend his Cupcake vote and address nothing else. In his next post he did the exact the same thing and so I posted that he had "proven my point" and voted him for that.

His reasons for voting Cupcake had nothing to do with my vote on him. I disagreed with his reasons, yeah, but that's not why I voted for him at all. At that time I thought Cupcake was scum, too, and I stated my reasons for why I was thinking that and how my reasons differed from Substrike's.

My vote on diddin:
Yep, this looks odd, because originally I didn't have a vote in my post. I added it after hitting Pedit and seeing diddin's over the top scummy post. If anyone wants clarification why I think diddin/ZONEACE is scum, I'll elaborate, but it seems that ZONEACE has been MIA again.

My sudden(?) case on GIS:
When I first posted in this game, suspicion was already cast on chess and there was no point in making a case without repeating what others had already said, but I agreed with the points against chess. I presented a small case on Cupcake later on and a short while after that town seemed to be split on the LL/Ythan/Cupcake debate. So I took the time to look at some ISOs of suspicious people (same thing I advised people who were struggling to catch up or annoyed by the spamfest by LL/Ythan) and I came across GIS' ISO and made a case on them in order to try to get town out of that LL/Ythan mess and look at other people.
DTMaster wrote:It's funny to see this argument (the lack of scum hunting argument is a scum sign) over and over when I also notice a lack of scum reads from Dekes in ISO #2.
I do not like at all that you're trying to frame me for this. I've been pretty transparent and open with all my suspicions and you quote a single post from me where there are no apparent scum reads by me and you call it lack of scumhunting/suspects. That's an awfully weak attempt to strenghten your case.

So that's that.

I'm surprised this post did pass by unnoticed:
Hinduragi wrote:Hey Exilon, why are you going for LLD? Why are you not going for Cupcake?

Vote: Substrike

The neighbor thing seems town. If not, it will bite them in the ass later in the game.
Huh? Care to explain? You think neighbors are town, yet you're voting the first neighbor that has outed himself?

I'm in the "There'so scum in the neighborhood"-faction. Masons claim they are aligned. Neighbors claim they are not aligned. Mods confirm there's no bastard modding involved. So I'm going with that. And I still approve of a Substrike lynch. He was scummy before the lynch, during the lynch and afer the lynch. Could help clarify the situation.

@Substrike
How is Chrono's standing within the neighborhood?

@Chrono
How is Substrike's standing within the neighborhood?

And now to the shift. Since I see no motivation for scum-Exilon to come forward like this unless he really wanted to trade one scum for the PGO, plus the evidence of D1 (btw, remind me to check -13 on Cupcake, she may not have been targeted after all) and the fact, Exilon is not dead makes me a shift-believer.

Now we don't know yet if the shift value changes every day, unless every player votes for themselves (or we find the person who's missing his vote in the process) and I doubt we'll get everyone to vote for themseleves.

Pedit: Where did you read the Rolling Attack definition, DTM? Did Kairyuu post this in thread? Or did you get it from the Wiki? Because I was under the impression that a wagon would be destroyed and you couldn't vote that person anymore and not that the persons on the wagon would lose their votes?

Well, if latter is true, I'm gonna test this out on Nikanor. Since I have a vote on me already and Nikanor should've been hit if -13 is still active, maybe it'll clear things up.

Vote: Nikanor
Dekes
Dekes
Mafia Scum
Dekes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2269 (ISO) » Mon Nov 01, 2010 12:54 pm

Post by Dekes »

EBWOP:
I meant to add DTM's case on me at the top of my post.
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2270 (ISO) » Mon Nov 01, 2010 12:55 pm

Post by RayFrost »

Exilon wrote:Shift.
GREAT. <.<
fherfjherfgjergkjwrgkb. Anyway.
I checked with the mod, when inquired about sanities, he implied I was sane (he said that this wasn't a bastard mod).

In any case, I never saw shifts in not-bastard games.
So, with that cleared, what is exactly the shift? So I can put my ability to good use.

Also, I was the first one that said Fate was SK. I kinda went along with that because of the color and 'attribute-killer' line. (Also lovers). Doesn't look like scum group at all.
This doesn't have to be a bastard mod for sanity to be left undetermined....

Shift is (as far as I understand) a mass redirect towards a specific direction on the player list (everybody targets 12 player slots up from their target person, for example).

... the color indicates that how? All it would indicate is
not hero aligned
unless you are also not hero aligned... :? The attribute killer thing doesn't indicate anything about alignment, either. Fire burns those of the forest. Ice freezes those of the water. Simple. It's a null indicator regarding alignment. The lovers thing is a heavily flavor based thing. Them being part of a scum group seems fine to me if the scum's rather powerful. /speculationensues

p-edit: ninja'd by a metric shitton of posts... e.e gonna read those and reply
Beefster
Beefster
Mafia Scum
Beefster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2271 (ISO) » Mon Nov 01, 2010 1:13 pm

Post by Beefster »

RayFrost wrote:I believe that the VC's accuracy does not indicate a lack of shift. Considering that the rolling attack was activated before most of those votes, we can't be sure about the location of the shift (or even eliminate some possibilities).
I got an invalid result upon targeting LLD. There's a shift. I can keep reusing my power until I hit a valid target.
Get to know a meat boy
Dekes
Dekes
Mafia Scum
Dekes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2272 (ISO) » Mon Nov 01, 2010 1:15 pm

Post by Dekes »

By all means, do. Right now the whole shift debate is pretty distracting. The sooner whe have confirmation, the better.
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2273 (ISO) » Mon Nov 01, 2010 1:32 pm

Post by RayFrost »

Beefster wrote:
RayFrost wrote:I believe that the VC's accuracy does not indicate a lack of shift. Considering that the rolling attack was activated before most of those votes, we can't be sure about the location of the shift (or even eliminate some possibilities).
I got an invalid result upon targeting LLD. There's a shift. I can keep reusing my power until I hit a valid target.
I meant that it does not indicate a lack of shift towards the votes that were added after your actual rolling attack, hence my EBWOP.
mothrax
mothrax
Mafia Scum
mothrax
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2274 (ISO) » Mon Nov 01, 2010 1:58 pm

Post by mothrax »

Agreed that this shift debate is annoying, to help:
Unvote;Vote Mothrax

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”