Reckamonic's Ocarina of Time Mafia..OVER! Was Hyrule saved?

RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2050 (ISO) » Wed Oct 27, 2010 8:41 pm

Post by RayFrost »

Nikanor wrote:Because Chronopie and Substrike, if town, should have been attacking at least one or two of the neighbors. If they were not attacking at least one of their neighbors, they are scum. It would give me a much better read on two of the main lynch candidates of the day.
I see. I'd agree with your idea provided there was a no role reveal, merely a reveal that the person is one of the neighbors in question. This way, we can keep the knowledge of which neighbor got transformed, if any, away from public knowledge.
don't you feel silly now?
Chronopie
Chronopie
Mafia Scum
Chronopie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2051 (ISO) » Wed Oct 27, 2010 8:46 pm

Post by Chronopie »

I don't see the need to reveal the other neighbours. We may or may not be debating who of our number is scum, but we don't really need to reveal everyone to the game in general.

We still know who is unsealed.

--

And if there is a scum neighbour, which there probably is, they probably would have given as much info as possible last night.
Show
He's
baaa-aaack

~Chrono

League of Legends
Chronopie (30) || Greyscale Aeon (12)

Steam: Chronopie

Apathy = Vanilla [/self-meta]

Because turrets are just there to give poppy a free stun ~Rayfrost
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2052 (ISO) » Wed Oct 27, 2010 8:50 pm

Post by Nikanor »

Ray Frost wrote:merely a reveal that the person is one of the neighbors in question.
That's what I meant.

Chronopie: Yes you do. If you find somebody in your neighbor group suspicious, you should not hesitate to claim that they are your neighbor. It's that, or be lynched. Your choice.
I am in the bottom 10% of scumhunters onsite!
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2053 (ISO) » Wed Oct 27, 2010 8:58 pm

Post by RayFrost »

The neighbors would know is unsealed, yes. The scum in the neighbors would also reveal to their partners, yes. I don't see how revealing who you suspect out of the neighbors is revealing all of them, though.

Oh! I just had a genius idea.

Everybody
:

Make a list of the top three players in this game that you'd want to have revealed as neighbors (including why gets you a free hug coupon that is redeemable at the end of the game) in order of preference.

#1 gets 3 points
#2 gets 2
#3 gets 1

The only part of this idea that I haven't completed is the point threshold. Nikanor, help me out here. I'm trying to figure out a number that'll limit the ability of scum to manipulate this. Any thoughts?

My idea is that, if any of the neighbors exceed the threshold, that they are revealed as a neighbor. This way, we avoid revealing people based upon chrono / substrike alone and, instead, get it off of the town's judgment. I don't exactly trust either of them to have good logic. Just sayin'
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2054 (ISO) » Wed Oct 27, 2010 9:07 pm

Post by RayFrost »

As a matter of following through with my own idea, here is my list:

1. blooderection - overall, hasn't really put any case forth for anybody, generic noise reaction to being questioned and a lot of RAEG and NOU without a lot of HERESWHY.
2. bunnylover - early day posting was so light and empty that I read it and felt hungry while late day posting had light stuff when actually talking about things outside of defense, seems as if bunnylover's only posting a lot when he's defending his actins. This isn't one of those quantity vs quality things, since the posts aren't exactly quality.
3. exilon - mixture of gut as well as end of the day push at LL based off of something rather flimsy and then suddenswitch to GIS. It doesn't sit as opportunism, but I'd hardly call it townish. At a loss for words to express the reason there.
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2055 (ISO) » Wed Oct 27, 2010 9:10 pm

Post by RayFrost »

Oh, by the way, my top scumread is substrike, not those guys. chrono's my #4 or #7, don't really remember which..
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2056 (ISO) » Wed Oct 27, 2010 9:20 pm

Post by RayFrost »

Oh, something to keep in mind.

"Water-killer" and "Plant-killer" are part of koume and kotake's roles. Something tells me that there are other "xattribute-killer" roles out there, which provides new emphasis to the verdant/aquatic/etc clarifications.
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2057 (ISO) » Thu Oct 28, 2010 5:27 am

Post by Nikanor »

Ray Frost wrote:The only part of this idea that I haven't completed is the point threshold. Nikanor, help me out here. I'm trying to figure out a number that'll limit the ability of scum to manipulate this. Any thoughts?
That doesn't help, because I want to know who Chronopie and Substrike find most suspicious, not who the rest of the town finds suspicious.
nameloc1986
nameloc1986
Goon
nameloc1986
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2058 (ISO) » Thu Oct 28, 2010 6:08 am

Post by nameloc1986 »

RayFrost wrote:Nameloc, I'm going to assume that you finished your read over the night...

Who do you think is scum?

Why?

As to why chronopie didn't get unsealed... I have no idea. :? I'm not really sure how a twinrova would work in the first place. Still, I see little value to speculating about it.
As of right now, I can only say what's on my gut. 80 pages and only one read through is not a whole lot to go on TBH. If I tell you who I think is scum it would be more on "gut" read. My gut leads me to think that you and BE are maybe scum. I don't think substrike is scum but I'll definitely keep a watch out for him. As for why, let me get to that later when I have time to do more ISOing and such. I'll promise I'll give reasons later.
Town Record: 2 - 3
Scum Record: 1 - 0
Just a Bit Off-Center
Just a Bit Off-Center
Townie
Just a Bit Off-Center
Townie
Townie

Post Post #2059 (ISO) » Thu Oct 28, 2010 8:24 am

Post by Just a Bit Off-Center »

Heh. What is it with me and dying night 1? Bah.
Think off-center.
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2060 (ISO) » Thu Oct 28, 2010 10:01 am

Post by RayFrost »

nameloc1986 wrote: As of right now, I can only say what's on my gut. 80 pages and only one read through is not a whole lot to go on TBH.
Lol.
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2061 (ISO) » Thu Oct 28, 2010 10:04 am

Post by RayFrost »

Nikanor wrote:
Ray Frost wrote:The only part of this idea that I haven't completed is the point threshold. Nikanor, help me out here. I'm trying to figure out a number that'll limit the ability of scum to manipulate this. Any thoughts?
That doesn't help, because I want to know who Chronopie and Substrike find most suspicious, not who the rest of the town finds suspicious.
I'm fine with you getting who they think is most suspicious, but why should they reveal who the neighbors are at this time? I don't see either of them as particularly trustworthy on the scale of AccurateReadsTM. If you are just asking about their scumspects, then neighbor or not is rather unimportant. It won't change how flimsy / strong their cases are.
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2062 (ISO) » Thu Oct 28, 2010 10:29 am

Post by Nikanor »

Ray Frost wrote:I'm fine with you getting who they think is most suspicious, but why should they reveal who the neighbors are at this time? I don't see either of them as particularly trustworthy on the scale of AccurateReadsTM. If you are just asking about their scumspects, then neighbor or not is rather unimportant. It won't change how flimsy / strong their cases are.
You're missing the point.
When a townie looks at a group of six neighbors that are specifically marked as unconfirmed neighbors, he thinks, "Oh gee, there's probably scum in this neighbor group!"
A mafioso might not share that thought process.
That's why I want them to claim if they suspect any of their neighbors, and if yes, who they suspect out of that pool. It has nothing to do with me actually trusting their reads, but rather me trying to get a read on them.
Beefster
Beefster
Mafia Scum
Beefster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2063 (ISO) » Thu Oct 28, 2010 10:53 am

Post by Beefster »

Blooderection is a doublevoter. I noticed that in the vote counts. Theoretically independent of scumminess. Just an interesting side note.
He was quite the fence sitter yesterday, though. Not to mention that he posted a
shopping list[/b] full scum list yesterday.
VOTE: BE for now. ISO/analysis to come later.

@ck3: why are you suspicious of me? You've never explained yourself there.
On hiatus indefinitely. This was a nice distraction when I was working through my faith transition out of Mormonism, but I need to move on to bigger and better things now.
Get to know a meat boy
Beefster
Beefster
Mafia Scum
Beefster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2064 (ISO) » Thu Oct 28, 2010 10:55 am

Post by Beefster »

That [/b] was supposed to be a [/s]
On hiatus indefinitely. This was a nice distraction when I was working through my faith transition out of Mormonism, but I need to move on to bigger and better things now.
Get to know a meat boy
DTMaster
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2065 (ISO) » Thu Oct 28, 2010 11:23 am

Post by DTMaster »

Guys sorry about this ( I msned Dram earlier) I'm going to be V/LA till Sunday due to work and school. I'll post my thoughts then. Busy stuff came up.
Exilon
Exilon
Mafia Scum
Exilon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2066 (ISO) » Thu Oct 28, 2010 11:27 am

Post by Exilon »

I find it weird they're not Twinrova O_o

Anyway, they pretty much seem Serial Killers.
Also, enough with this crap. LD is scum, period.
But do not strive away from your discussion, please. I seriously still need to read a bit more of that theory so it makes sense in my head. Right now I don't really see it.
Feels like I've been here before.
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix
Pronoun: She/Faer

Post Post #2067 (ISO) » Thu Oct 28, 2010 11:31 am

Post by Lady Lambdadelta »

Exilon, what part of GODDESS ALIGNMENT CONFIRMED MASONS do you NOT UNDERSTAND?

I am in a masonage with Cupcake and Nikanor.
Yes my Lord, but questions are dangerous, for they have answers.

13 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you,
click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra, Airna, Fiadh and Laoise.
Soar on wings of retribution and set the world ablaze
mothrax
mothrax
Mafia Scum
mothrax
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2068 (ISO) » Thu Oct 28, 2010 11:34 am

Post by mothrax »

I'm not seeing the town motivation to reveal the neighbors at this point in the game. If they find someone in their group scummy, they will (hopefully as town) inform us. Nikanor trying to force a reveal is blatant rolefishing. Goddess fakeclaims don't make sense however, at least not in context, so I will chalk it up to play. I like rayfrosts responses.
Going back to my suspicions from yesterday:
[/vote]BE[/vote]
Exilon
Exilon
Mafia Scum
Exilon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2069 (ISO) » Thu Oct 28, 2010 11:34 am

Post by Exilon »

Curiously, [redacted] can confirm my role. You're scum.
OH YOU'RE A GODDESS
Right?
mothrax
mothrax
Mafia Scum
mothrax
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2070 (ISO) » Thu Oct 28, 2010 11:36 am

Post by mothrax »

@LLD there is difference between understanding and believing, dear.
Exilon
Exilon
Mafia Scum
Exilon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2071 (ISO) » Thu Oct 28, 2010 11:37 am

Post by Exilon »

Wait
Cup and Nik
OLOLOLOLOLOLOL
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2072 (ISO) » Thu Oct 28, 2010 11:50 am

Post by RayFrost »

Exilon's suffered a drastic changeinstyle. I don't like it.

Continual insistence that LL is scum without real backing is not healthy. Case or die.
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix
Pronoun: She/Faer

Post Post #2073 (ISO) » Thu Oct 28, 2010 11:50 am

Post by Lady Lambdadelta »

Exilon wrote:Curiously, [redacted] can confirm my role. You're scum.
OH YOU'RE A GODDESS
Right?

Wanna explain this post?

I'll accept the theory that ALL 3 OF THE CLAIMED GODDESSES are mafia together, and are fake claiming... However unlikely it is that a whole scum team would out themselves like that Day 1.

but I'd like to hear a case against me before I believe this claim is anything more than an attempt to mislead town, and make you look like your town, based on the accusations Ythan made earlier D1 (which were invalidated).

So please, ISO me, and provide evidence of my scummy behavior.

On another note, the neighbor claim is interesting... The 2 sisters, when combined, are commonly known as Twinrova. If they're both dead... it would seem that the Spirit Sage /SHOULD/ be released...

Also, if I am informed correctly, Neighbors don't need to be allignment confirmed? If this is true, I don't like the claim of Spirit Sage.

FoS Chronopie

This being said, I am not convinced these Sage claims are even valid. So, for the reasons I previously stated:

VOTE: Substrike
Yes my Lord, but questions are dangerous, for they have answers.

13 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you,
click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra, Airna, Fiadh and Laoise.
Soar on wings of retribution and set the world ablaze
DTMaster
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2074 (ISO) » Thu Oct 28, 2010 11:51 am

Post by DTMaster »

I have a few points before I sign off.

1. Chronopie I think the Twinrova role may still be in the game. in CEBM Reck lived in two player slots as the dark Baku. Even though he died The light Baku didn't win because he needed to kill the slot that was the new vassal.

2. If scum is in the neighbourhood they know who's sealed/not and who's in the group. In response to Niks theory this makes sense except scum would be likely to attack fellow neighbours just due to their sleeper role (as in they would reason it out due to PRs). Therfore i don't think having the condition that Chrono/Substrike must suspect a neighbour is right.

Heck Hascow warned us in invite 7 that he wanted to break from the scum in the neighbourhood group. It's still possible (but getting unplausable) that all of them are town aligned. (recall my earlier question to that sage group that I wanted them to discuss amongst themselves).

Also
Vote Dekes
since this is where my attacks left off. I wanted explore this case
a bit more right now so I await Dekes response.

Chrono seems more townie withthe claim to me. I don't see the scum
motivation to claim neighbour to a scummy person.

Also substrike did you ever answer my case on you? I don't recall it. Do answer it.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”