Zorblag
Zorblag
Troll
Zorblag
Troll
Troll

Post Post #725 (ISO) » Mon Oct 25, 2010 5:10 am

Post by Zorblag »

Job applications contain an average of 4 lies each.

Seventh VoteCount of D3

ZeroFang (1) - Antihero
Shepard_of_Wolves (1) - Locke Lamora
Tasky (1) - ZeroFang
Locke Lamora (4) - Shepard_of_Wolves, Tasky, Narsis, Nachomamma8

Not voting: Espeonage

With 8 alive it takes 5 to lynch. Deadline will be 4:00 PM EDT/1:00 PM PDT on Monday, October 25th.

Note that the deadline is just under 4 hours away as of this post.

-Zorblag R`Lyeh
Last edited by Zorblag on Mon Oct 25, 2010 6:37 am, edited 3 times in total.
Antihero
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
al;kdjfal;kj

Post Post #726 (ISO) » Mon Oct 25, 2010 6:04 am

Post by Antihero »

That sounds too low.

Well, with a few hours to deadline, this seems like the only option.

UNVOTE:
VOTE: Locke Lamora
The distance between insanity and genius is measured only by success.
Tasky
Tasky
Mafia Scum
Tasky
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #727 (ISO) » Mon Oct 25, 2010 6:12 am

Post by Tasky »

Antihero wrote:
That sounds too low.

Well, with a few hours to deadline, this seems like the only option.

UNVOTE:
VOTE: Locke Lamora
yeah yeah, scum. we know you like to lynch a townie.

DAMN YOU
S
O
W
I hope we still win this.
Show
Currently modding:
Newbie 1133

Coming soon:
Red Herring Mafia
Antihero
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
al;kdjfal;kj

Post Post #728 (ISO) » Mon Oct 25, 2010 6:17 am

Post by Antihero »

^You need to start paying attention, please.
Zorblag
Zorblag
Troll
Zorblag
Troll
Troll

Post Post #729 (ISO) » Mon Oct 25, 2010 6:35 am

Post by Zorblag »

The most dishonest profession is teaching.

Eighth VoteCount of D3

Shepard_of_Wolves (1) - Locke Lamora
Tasky (1) - ZeroFang
Locke Lamora (5) - Shepard_of_Wolves, Tasky, Narsis, Nachomamma8, Antihero

Not voting: Espeonage

With 8 alive it takes 5 to lynch. Locke Lamora is lynched.

Locke Lamora was Agent Dupree,
a
vanilla townie

Deadline for submitting night actions is 4:00 PM EDT/1:00 PM PDT on Wednesday, October 27th.

-Zorblag R`Lyeh
Zorblag
Zorblag
Troll
Zorblag
Troll
Troll

Post Post #730 (ISO) » Wed Oct 27, 2010 9:07 am

Post by Zorblag »

98% of teenagers lie to their parents.

For the first time in ages the day starts with a dead body (that hadn't just faded away in the night.) Apparently people can get killed during the night.

Espeonage was Dr. Gillian Foster,
a
Lie Detector Doctor
and was killed Night Three.

First VoteCount of Day Four

Not Voting: Antihero, Nachomamma8, Narsis, Shepard_of_Wolves, Tasky, ZeroFang

With 6 alive it takes 4 to lynch. Deadline for Day Three is 9:00 PM EDT/6:00 PM PDT on Wednesday, November 3rd.

-Zorblag R`Lyeh
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #731 (ISO) » Wed Oct 27, 2010 11:16 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

SoW, claim last night's target please.

No lynch seems like the best option here.
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

-- Fate, Vanilla Townie, was brutally stabbed by a throwing sword in endgame.
Shepherd_of_Wolves
Shepherd_of_Wolves
Goon
Shepherd_of_Wolves
Goon
Goon

Post Post #732 (ISO) » Wed Oct 27, 2010 11:57 am

Post by Shepherd_of_Wolves »

ZeroFang was my target.
Shepherd_of_Wolves
Shepherd_of_Wolves
Goon
Shepherd_of_Wolves
Goon
Goon

Post Post #733 (ISO) » Wed Oct 27, 2010 11:59 am

If there is a roleblocker on the mafia, this does not mean much. But, if they have a role blocker, why would they have no Night Kill on Night 2? They could have blocked the Doctor.
Narsis
Narsis
Goon
Narsis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #734 (ISO) » Wed Oct 27, 2010 12:09 pm

Post by Narsis »

hmm. interesting. my bet is on one of your targets being some sort of perfect lier, or there being only 2 scum in this game. cause i know i'm not scum, and everyone except for me and Antihero are "confirmed" via night actions. of course SoW might be lying himself about his power...

need to think on this some more.

also there are 6 of us alive...and if there are two scum then it puts us into some form of MYLO.
Record:
Town: 1W/3L

Mafia: 1W/0L

Other: 0W/0L
Shepherd_of_Wolves
Shepherd_of_Wolves
Goon
Shepherd_of_Wolves
Goon
Goon

Post Post #735 (ISO) » Wed Oct 27, 2010 12:12 pm

If all my results are accurate, that would leave us with Antihero and Narsis.

I was highly torn. I almost selected Antihero. He just seems too good for town to be true. He seems too confident. But, I am really torn on Narsis. I do think he has been acting very scummy. And, I do not think his SAFE claim really means he is not scum. I think he needs to give us a real claim, not a SAFE claim. It is strange that he focussed so much on the SAFE claim concept.

I really thought I was going to be gone for today. The fact they chose the cop means they did not want him to protect me. And, that would indicate they can not select a person to block. Otherwise, I would expect them to block him and target me. There is a good possibility we only have one more goon left. Maddie could have been mafia aligned.

Look, all the people I lead out on have been pro-town. That really sucks. I had an equal feeling on jimfinn. But, I did not lead out on it. I had a strong case on him, in my mind. Antihero was the one who has called it out clear on everyone. That is why I think he is TOO town. He is just TOO accurate. How can he be so, right on the dime?
Shepherd_of_Wolves
Shepherd_of_Wolves
Goon
Shepherd_of_Wolves
Goon
Goon

Post Post #736 (ISO) » Wed Oct 27, 2010 12:15 pm

Maybe you are right, a PERFECT lier who cannot be killed via Night Kills. That would suck. But, that would also put Tasky and ZeroFang back on the table for consideration. Robbnva is out of the game. And, I do not know how both of them could be protected. Unless, it was a mafia doc or mafia role blocker. But, the role blocker seems out of place on the TOWN DOC kill.
Shepherd_of_Wolves
Shepherd_of_Wolves
Goon
Shepherd_of_Wolves
Goon
Goon

Post Post #737 (ISO) » Wed Oct 27, 2010 12:18 pm

You are right that it is a type of MYLO. But, if I can get a successful Night kill, we can have another chance. But, the best thing would be to lynch a mafia member today.
Narsis
Narsis
Goon
Narsis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #738 (ISO) » Wed Oct 27, 2010 12:52 pm

Post by Narsis »

well. perhaps i'm not confirmed in your eyes but...

1) a town role pm wasn't posted in thread.
2) the rest of the living players that are town should be able to support the fact that they have the ability to ask for a flavour safe nameclaim.
3) if i'm scum, why say i have a flavour name claim? to hope that the mod gave it to town as well? can you give me some examples where a mod has done this before? it's also possible that scum got the townie role pm sent to them outside the thread, but again can you give me an example of Stef doing such a thing in the past?

also Maddie/Robbnva were likely not mafia. they were the only two roles to not send their role pm to Zorblag, and he put them up as one being a townie and the other being a perfect-lying survivor. if one of them was mafia, i'm sure he would have said so in thread.

so i'm inclined to believe there are two mafia left alive. and unless both are perfect lying scum, then at least one of SoW or AntiHero must be scum.
Record:

Shepherd_of_Wolves
Shepherd_of_Wolves
Goon
Shepherd_of_Wolves
Goon
Goon

Post Post #739 (ISO) » Wed Oct 27, 2010 1:16 pm

If you are going to claim that I am scum, you better post a case on it. You need to account for my CLAIM.

It is easy to see that they killed the Dr. so they could guarantee a kill on me tomorrow. That indicates, they are more likely to have a PERFECT LIAR over a role blocker. But, ZeroFang was targeted 2 nights, one as protected, the next as a kill. So, with my results and Espeonages results, it would seem reasonable to believe he is town. That would mean, a better choice for PERFECT LIAR would be TASKY.

Plus, notice how TASKY was intereted to see if my MACHO status prevented my from being protected?
Tasky wrote:
Shepherd_of_Wolves wrote:I know Narsis will vote me. He is on the verge now. So, that forces me to claim. I cannot afford to have Nacho or Espeonage to vote without a claim. I think Narsis will hammer.

CLAIM

My name
: Agent Ben Reynolds.
My role
: Macho Lie Detector Vig.
Action
: Lie detection kill every Night.
Win Condition
: Threats to town eliminated.

Essentially, I am restricted to only Vig. Killing liars. I have to submit a post by a player. If the player is telling the truth, he lives. If he is lying, he dies.

Night 1 target
: Robbnva
Night 2 target
: Tasky
does macho mean you can't be protected?

this is a awfully strong role. sorta only-mafia-killing-vig.
I definitely do not want to lynch you. if you are lying, we will soon find out.
UNVOTE: <------ everybody do this.
why did you choose those targets?
I did not answer his question. I ignored it. But, later I stated,
Shepherd_of_Wolves wrote:So, your role state every one gets a safe claim? Why would the MOD tell YOU that every one aside from you has a safe claim? Why would any one player be told those things about ALL other players?

Who is everones number 1 suspect for tomorrow?
Give 3 reasons please. Such information is vital for my night selection. Do this before the hammer. If a player hammers before most people get a chance really consider them tomorrow.

If the hammer comes premature, I will either vig kill ZEROFANG or Narsis. Any prefs or objections? I hope to make it clear before the hammer. If I do not CLARIFY before the the hammer. Do your best to choose the ONE that I VIGGED.

I do highly suspect I will make it through the night. There is a absolute way I can stay alive through the night. But, I will not tell you how it works. I do not want Scum to know how I can do that.
I think he took this to mean I was protectable.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #740 (ISO) » Wed Oct 27, 2010 3:32 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

SoW, I'm not interested in looking for a perfect-lying mafia godfather when there's still a goon to be shot.

I hold the belief that at least one mafia member should be able to be targeted by your vigging ability; I don't really see a point for an ability that can only hit one person and falsely confirms two more.

I'd also like to point out that with an incorrect lynch, the game ends. With an incorrect shot, we still have a chance.
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

Shepherd_of_Wolves
Shepherd_of_Wolves
Goon
Shepherd_of_Wolves
Goon
Goon

Post Post #741 (ISO) » Wed Oct 27, 2010 4:27 pm

Good call. I am willing to make the sacrifice of no lynch for a vig shot. But, I think we should consult about it before jumping to make it myself. I have not personally targeted a mafia member.

I think it is important to discuss the issue of the Perfect Liar. Because, it needs to be settled. We do not know there is only a goon left. It could be a two mafia setup. So, you could be distracting us. I think you could be possible scum. You are confirmed by the DOC. But, he is not as powerful in confirming as I am. For instance, MAFIA could no kill just to mess with his results. AND, they may have information from the MOD to that affect. So, they could have just messed with the NO KILL and tripped up his results. So, you are suspect because of that. I am not buying your DISTRACTION.

One possibility I have been considering is that MAFIA need to make a FAKE ROLE claim. They need to make a lie. The two players that stick out are NACHO and TASKY. It fits in with the lying theme. They may be required to make a lie. I think the MOD was intending for us to CATCH people in a lie. He may not have wanted us to focus so much on the ALIGNMENT claims. SO, I THINK WE SHOULD CONSIDER NACHO for my NIGHT KILL. And, if he pops up SCUM, then lynch TASKY. I think that SCUM could be required to lie about their ROLE in thread. SO, Nacho needs to be our test for that.

People investigate that idea further please. Lets talk about it.

People who I have not targeted with my vig kill.

Nacho (Highly suspected for his lie. I think it was required by the MOD for MAFIA. That way the lie detectors could detect.)
Antihero

People I have targeted.

Robbnva
Tasky (Possible Godfather. He lied too about being a cop. He did it hypothetically, but possible. Less likely than NACHO.)
ZeroFang
Antihero
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
al;kdjfal;kj

Post Post #742 (ISO) » Wed Oct 27, 2010 5:00 pm

Post by Antihero »

I really doubt scum would've sent in a no kill Night 2 as they a) didn't know who espy was going to target and b) were coming off a scum lynch. I changed my mind about Zerofang.
Narsis wrote:hmm. interesting. my bet is on one of your targets being some sort of perfect lier, or there being only 2 scum in this game. cause i know i'm not scum, and everyone except for me and Antihero are "confirmed" via night actions.
Who confirmed Tasky?
Tasky
Tasky
Mafia Scum
Tasky
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #743 (ISO) » Wed Oct 27, 2010 5:59 pm

Post by Tasky »

well. Anti is definitely scum then. lynch lynch lynch.

VOTE: Antihero
Show
Currently modding:
Newbie 1133

Coming soon:
Red Herring Mafia
Narsis
Narsis
Goon
Narsis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #744 (ISO) » Wed Oct 27, 2010 6:11 pm

Post by Narsis »

Shepherd_of_Wolves wrote:Good call. I am willing to make the sacrifice of no lynch for a vig shot. But, I think we should consult about it before jumping to make it myself. I have not personally targeted a mafia member.

I think it is important to discuss the issue of the Perfect Liar. Because, it needs to be settled. We do not know there is only a goon left. It could be a two mafia setup. So, you could be distracting us. I think you could be possible scum. You are confirmed by the DOC. But, he is not as powerful in confirming as I am. For instance, MAFIA could no kill just to mess with his results. AND, they may have information from the MOD to that affect. So, they could have just messed with the NO KILL and tripped up his results. So, you are suspect because of that. I am not buying your DISTRACTION.

One possibility I have been considering is that MAFIA need to make a FAKE ROLE claim. They need to make a lie. The two players that stick out are NACHO and TASKY. It fits in with the lying theme. They may be required to make a lie. I think the MOD was intending for us to CATCH people in a lie. He may not have wanted us to focus so much on the ALIGNMENT claims. SO, I THINK WE SHOULD CONSIDER NACHO for my NIGHT KILL. And, if he pops up SCUM, then lynch TASKY. I think that SCUM could be required to lie about their ROLE in thread. SO, Nacho needs to be our test for that.

People investigate that idea further please. Lets talk about it.

People who I have not targeted with my vig kill.

Nacho (Highly suspected for his lie. I think it was required by the MOD for MAFIA. That way the lie detectors could detect.)
Antihero

People I have targeted.

Robbnva
Tasky (Possible Godfather. He lied too about being a cop. He did it hypothetically, but possible. Less likely than NACHO.)
ZeroFang
so now you are basing your cases solely on some set up speculation...bad idea since no one except the mod knows the game set up. i know that when i mod games i try to work the roles and such in a way that set up speculation would very likely hurt the town more then help. (the old put in a miller without a cop thing etc.)

also i was saying it is possible you are scum...but your claim does make a lot of sense for this game.

i know i was against a mass claim yesterday, but what's everyone's thoughts on a massclaim now that we are likely in a MYLO situation?

@AntiHero: SoW confirmed Tasky. that is of course assuming neither are lying and there isnt some form of perfect lier scum role.

as for the NL/vig shot...i got nothing against that. however, you would need to use it against either me or AntiHero. if you get scum, then great. if not, then we are probably in LYLO tomorrow. also considering that you are likely going to be the scum's nk target...what is everyone's thoughts on SoW revealing his target ahead of time? if scum have a roleblocker, then it wont make a difference cause they could roleblock him anyway.
Record:

Tasky
Tasky
Mafia Scum
Tasky
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #745 (ISO) » Wed Oct 27, 2010 8:34 pm

Post by Tasky »

From towniest to scummiest:
Tasky
SoW

ZeroFang

Narsis

Nacho

Antihero

I really don't get what's your problem here.

I am town
Sow is town, I cleared him tonight with my night action
ZeroFang
should
be town, SoW cleared him (unless he is some sort of detection-immune guy.)
Narsis was not cleared by anyone, but his play made me think he is town. so I'd call him semi-cleared
Nacho was not cleared by anyone, but his Daykill gambit was a protown thing to do.
Antihero has absolutely nothing speaking for him.

by elimination, I think we can be almost cerain Antihero is scum.
For the second scum I think Nacho is the most likely, but I am not sure.

I would propose following breaking strategy:
assumptions: SoW is town, Narsis is town.
We lynch Antihero today. And Nacho posts a lie (like "I am Ria Torres.").
then going into night there are Nacho, Narsis, ZeroFang, Sow and me left.
tonight, SoW targets Nacho
using the lie
!
If Nacho dies, and is scum, we win.
If Nacho dies and is town, we lynch ZeroFang and win.
If Nacho doesn't die, that means he is some sort of perfect lying godfather, thus we know he is scum. We lynch him and win.
Show
Currently modding:
Newbie 1133

Coming soon:
Red Herring Mafia
Antihero
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
al;kdjfal;kj

Post Post #746 (ISO) » Wed Oct 27, 2010 8:43 pm

Post by Antihero »

Nothing? Not even getting people to pull their heads out of their asses and lynch scum?

You need to go back and read more, please.
Narsis
Narsis
Goon
Narsis
Goon
Goon

Post Post #747 (ISO) » Thu Oct 28, 2010 6:12 am

Post by Narsis »

Tasky wrote:From towniest to scummiest:
Tasky
SoW

ZeroFang

Narsis

Nacho

Antihero

I really don't get what's your problem here.

I am town
Sow is town, I cleared him tonight with my night action
ZeroFang
should
be town, SoW cleared him (unless he is some sort of detection-immune guy.)
Narsis was not cleared by anyone, but his play made me think he is town. so I'd call him semi-cleared
Nacho was not cleared by anyone, but his Daykill gambit was a protown thing to do.

by elimination, I think we can be almost cerain Antihero is scum.
For the second scum I think Nacho is the most likely, but I am not sure.

tonight, SoW targets Nacho
using the lie
!
If Nacho doesn't die, that means he is some sort of perfect lying godfather, thus we know he is scum. We lynch him and win.
actually, considering the no kill night 1, i'm fairly certain that Nacho is cleared. at least as cleared as you Tasky. and ZeroFang is as cleared as you considering the possibility of one of you being a perfect lier.

see my list looks something like this right now:

Town
Narsis
Nacho

SoW
Tasky
ZeroFang

Antihero
Scum

my suggestion: no lynch today; SoW targets Antihero. if Antihero is town, then lynching him will result in a town loss. if Antihero is a non-perfect lying goon(as we suspect) then he'll die overnight. if he is town, then he will survive SoW's kill.

if SoW is town, then he is tonights nk. if he is mafia, then they'll probably target Nacho. if scum choose to not nk for some reason, then we repeat what we did today, and no lynch again tomorrow.
Record:

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #748 (ISO) » Thu Oct 28, 2010 10:18 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

tonight, SoW targets Nacho using the lie!
Um... I don't know why we would ever do this. The mafia DO have a nightkill, as we've seen. So SoW shoots me using the lie, then mafia gets a nightkill and win.
It doesn't make sense for the mod to require the mafia to lie and make a vig that never misvigs an even stronger role.
And if me and Tasky were really required to lie, then it doesn't make sense for us to be so incredibly blatant about, especially considering that jimfinn wasn't.

Tasky
Tasky
Mafia Scum
Tasky
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #749 (ISO) » Thu Oct 28, 2010 11:18 am

Post by Tasky »

Nachomamma8 wrote:
tonight, SoW targets Nacho using the lie!
Um... I don't know why we would ever do this. The mafia DO have a nightkill, as we've seen. So SoW shoots me using the lie, then mafia gets a nightkill and win.
wrong:

Nacho, ZeroFang, Narsis, SoW, Tasky left.
assume mafia kills SoW.
case 1: Nacho lives, then he is scum and there are ZeroFang, Narsis and me to lynch him
case 2: Nacho dies and was town, then Zero is scum and there are Narsis and me to lynch him.
case 3: Nacho dies and was scum, we won.

the only possible ways for this breaking strategy to fail are:
1. Sow is scum. Impossible because my role clears him.
2. Narsis is scum.
3. Antihero is town AND Nacho is a perfect lying mafia. this however is almost impossible since ZeroFang would have to be a perfect lying mafia too (since he survived SoW's kill) and I really do not think that that's possible

Uh, I might as well
claim
my role now: I am Ria Torres, a one shot tracker. I tracked SoW last night because I needed to make sure he was telling the truth. I tracked him to ZeroFang indeed. So he is clear.

Since it now all depends on whether Narsis is town or not, I think a mass-fullclaim is appropriate, Narsis start, then popcorn.

PS: to confirm my role, look in this post.
Tasky wrote:
*__**_*_*_*__*_*_*_*_**__**_*_*_*_*_
_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*__*_*_*_*_**_*_
_*_*_*_**_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*__*_*_*_*_**__**_*__*_**__**__**__**_*__**_
take this. look only at the bolded part (you may note a space after the first bolded part, I just had to fill up the line) and delete every second symbol. then translate back using morse code where * is short and _ is long.
Show
Currently modding:
Newbie 1133

Coming soon:
Red Herring Mafia

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”