Mini 1062 - The Lies of Locke Lamora (game over!)

ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #450 (ISO) » Tue Oct 26, 2010 3:02 pm

Post by ThAdmiral »

Coach Travis wrote:Hammering someone without letting them claim is scummy. I mean, it's not guaranteed he wouldn't have been lynched anyway, but it's better to at least give someone a chance, instead of ending the day way too early(we had over a week left).
This. At the very least he might have provided us with some information from his role that could have helped and some final comments that also could have helped.
Don't ask me to provide self meta
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #451 (ISO) » Tue Oct 26, 2010 3:06 pm

Post by ThAdmiral »

Not to mention by hammering when you did it meant we never got to hear charters thoughts on this game as he's dead now. Seems like something scum would do if they were afraid of what someone might say.

Vote: parama
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #452 (ISO) » Tue Oct 26, 2010 3:55 pm

Post by Debonair Danny DiPietro »

Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #453 (ISO) » Tue Oct 26, 2010 4:06 pm

Post by Parama »

ThAdmiral wrote:Not to mention by hammering when you did it meant we never got to hear charters thoughts on this game as he's dead now. Seems like something scum would do if they were afraid of what someone might say.

Vote: parama
You can quit being obvious scum with jenni, because frankly I don't care.

Also I would never kill charter as scum but that's irrelevant <3
Show
Ever wanted a playlist full of a lot of music I really dig? Here you go.

RateYourMusic page because song contests are like the only reason I'm still here.

GET TO KNOW ME

I basically post like I'm always on twitter, ignore my spamminess.
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #454 (ISO) » Tue Oct 26, 2010 4:54 pm

Post by ThAdmiral »

@ddd: instead of just posting pictures why don't you tell us about this "stuff" you alluded to earlier.
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #455 (ISO) » Tue Oct 26, 2010 6:12 pm

ThAdmiral wrote:@ddd: instead of just posting pictures why don't you tell us about this "stuff" you alluded to earlier.
How about you and furcolow unvote and show some patience since we've had a replacement who hasn't even posted in the game. Didn't we just do this yesterday and it backfired? Didn't I just post about NOT doing this today?
Furcolow
Furcolow
To Be Frank
Furcolow
To Be Frank
To Be Frank

Post Post #456 (ISO) » Tue Oct 26, 2010 8:18 pm

Post by Furcolow »

well, one thing is true
DDD, parama, and thadmiral are not all scum or they would have won already
Furcolow
Furcolow
To Be Frank
Furcolow
To Be Frank
To Be Frank

Post Post #457 (ISO) » Tue Oct 26, 2010 8:19 pm

Post by Furcolow »

unvote
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #458 (ISO) » Tue Oct 26, 2010 9:49 pm

Post by ThAdmiral »

@ddd: alright. But seriously what where the ideas that you were talking about before.

unvote

*waits for don johnson*
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #459 (ISO) » Wed Oct 27, 2010 5:21 am

Post by don_johnson »

howdy. i have some comic book searching to do today with my daughter. will try and get caught up this afternoon/evening. if anyone can fill me in on important points or what not, i am all ears. page and post references are welcome as well.
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
jenniwren
jenniwren
Goon
jenniwren
Goon
Goon

Post Post #460 (ISO) » Wed Oct 27, 2010 11:32 am

Post by jenniwren »

Parama
Now you're saying I am misrepping you because I actually went through your ISO and pointed out all the times you've accused me of being scum? You said those things and used them to justify calling me scum for almost the entire game. You have also said that I've been one of your top suspects for "a while." How is my listing YOUR given reasons for calling me scummy a misrep, exactly?
Parama wrote: I gave my reason AT THE END OF DAY 1 why you were scum. This is BS.
Your reason is that I explained to Palmer why he was getting hammered. That's a bullshit reason. You've been pushing the idea that I was scum for a lot longer than that, though, so don't act like you haven't.
Parama wrote: This is the case you made yourself from my words, and it's blatant misrep.
I could simplify it to the fact that you felt a WoT was necessary for a hammer. I hammered right yesterday - how a hammer should be done.
I went through everything you have said to see what your case on me is, and that's what I found. It's NOT a misrep when YOU said it. :roll:

You have indicated that I've been your top suspect "for a while," which is more than the time between the hammer and D2. As for the second point, you wish...you didn't even give him time to claim. You've been trying to make a case against me stick from early on.
Parama wrote: 1) is not part of my case
2) is not part of my case
3) is not part of my case
4) is LOL UNRELATED to my actual argument
#1-3 are all reasons you've said I was scum. #4...is a point you prove in this very post--you hammered Rude as a way you could come back and say you hammered the right way, meaning you're using your very bad quickhammer as a counter-example to my hammer to say you did it right. (Thank you for saying that, though; I was hoping you would admit it at some point.) Lest you forget, you lynched town over a week before deadline without even giving him a chance to claim. HOW, pray tell, is that the "RIGHT" way to hammer anyone?
Parama wrote: Assuming this WAS actually my case:
1) Because I would totally lead a counterwagon to Palmer on my scumbuddy.
2) This still isn't part of my case
3) I set up my thoughts that weren't definite but would be good guidelines
4) Arguably, the longer a day drags on, the more likely town is to lynch town. If we let a day drag on to deadline, we might end with a rushed lynch on a townie where it's impossible to tell who's scum on a wagon. Not that a day should be too short, either. But one week is the optimal length of a day in a mini, IMO. So yeah I'm ignoring you. Note that this is still completely different from my accusation against you - it's not THAT you hammered, but HOW you hammered.
1) You've established your love of bussing buddies.
2) It is part of your case; you SAID you thought I was scummy because you thought I was repeating what others said; you brought this back up in your ISO 17.
3) Your guidelines sure look like fence-sitting...again, see my point about 3-Card Monty and a cheating House. Your "teams" are based on presupposed links between people with no evidence to support those links.
4) You seemed to want to avoid a quicklynch on Palmer on D1, yet you are all for a quicklynch on D2. Why the change? You were wrong about Rude, try to remember that.

Again, your case on me is completely overreaching, and if you say that your earlier points on me are NOT part of your case, then you are basing your entire case on the fact that I explained to someone why I was hammering him, which is terrible.

Finally, stop feigning innocence when questioned about your terrible hammer of Rude. He flipped town; you put us into night prematurely, and now we're in LYLO. GFG. Where was your haste to end the day early on D1 if you really believe days shouldn't drag on so long?
_______
Coach...don't assume Parama is in the clear for that hammer; that may be the case, but it could also be the case that he was making a gambit. Considering he has now thrown his quick-hammer back in my face and is using it as an example of an ideal hammer as opposed to my "bad" hammer, it wouldn't surprise me if it did turn out to be a gambit rather than a hasty town hammer.
______
Anyway, I'm still
semi-V/LA
. My parents will be here until Saturday (or Sunday if I can persuade them), so I will try to keep up with the thread but may not be able to until they leave.
Has she a name? / She reminds me of a small bird, perhaps a jenny wren. / An owl perhaps, that speaks only when the rest of the world sleeps. / Jenny will do well enough. ~Juliet Marillier,
Daughter of the Forest
~
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #461 (ISO) » Wed Oct 27, 2010 1:55 pm

ThAdmiral wrote:@ddd: alright. But seriously what where the ideas that you were talking about before.

unvote

*waits for don johnson*
The central thesis was actually a scum pairing between you and Parama, but that looks less likely with your stupid play yesterday; so I'm left scratching my head tying to re-evaluate in light of that.
Furcolow
Furcolow
To Be Frank
Furcolow
To Be Frank
To Be Frank

Post Post #462 (ISO) » Wed Oct 27, 2010 7:18 pm

Post by Furcolow »

this is lylo, jenniwren, do NOT tunnel.
I want a scumTEAM, not one
i really don't even want to read that
Furcolow
Furcolow
To Be Frank
Furcolow
To Be Frank
To Be Frank

Post Post #463 (ISO) » Wed Oct 27, 2010 7:19 pm

Post by Furcolow »

also, he has been pushing you, and you tunneling on him is bullshit.
did he tunnel on me because i tried to get him lynched on d1? no. he was objective, like a good town player SHOULD be.

who else is up for lynching jenniwren besides parama?
Furcolow
Furcolow
To Be Frank
Furcolow
To Be Frank
To Be Frank

Post Post #464 (ISO) » Wed Oct 27, 2010 7:21 pm

Post by Furcolow »

don_johnson wrote:howdy. i have some comic book searching to do today with my daughter. will try and get caught up this afternoon/evening. if anyone can fill me in on important points or what not, i am all ears. page and post references are welcome as well.
if you're not going to read 20 pages, can you replace out and let someone else?
jenniwren
jenniwren
Goon
jenniwren
Goon
Goon

Post Post #465 (ISO) » Wed Oct 27, 2010 11:58 pm

Post by jenniwren »

Furc, first of all, I told Parama I was done with this debate, and he chose to continue it by adding charges of "misrepping" him when I pointed out all of the accusations he has made about me. Would you rather I NOT respond?

Also, I'm investigating someone I think is scummy, and it so happens that he's attacking me. I'm not attacking him because he's attacking me; I'm attacking him because he's making a bullshit case and has been since D1. (You also can't accuse me of tunneling without also accusing him of tunneling, as he's been trying to make something stick against me
since
D1.) He's got a bullshit vote on me, and he went so far as to hammer Rude without rhyme or reason a week before deadline, and today he has tried to justify hammering town without giving him a chance to claim as the "right way to hammer" as opposed to my "bad" hammer on D1. He also says his whole case on me is because I made a long hammer post and has said my pointing out other points he made about me is "misrepping" him. :roll:

Calling for my lynch in LYLO because you don't like WoTs is bad, especially when you turn around and tell DJ to replace out for not reading. This is a text-based game. Reading is part of it. Do it or don't play.

As for my scum list: Parama is obviously at the top. He's obviously not scum on his own, but I haven't worked out who his buddies are yet since my second suspect ended up dead with a town flip this morning which threw off the ideas I had at the end of the day yesterday, but I wouldn't be surprised if DJ was scum as well. Sky began the game under a shadow, then lurked like a pro, and DJ's comment about not reading a rather short game doesn't help his case. (I'm in a game that went over 2000 posts and 80 pages on D1, so I'm short on sympathy when it comes to complaints about too much reading.) As for the third, I don't know yet. Like I said, I was leaning Parama-Michel last night, and Sky was my unnamed third choice, but with Michel/charter's town flip, I am having to reevaluate everyone right now.
Has she a name? / She reminds me of a small bird, perhaps a jenny wren. / An owl perhaps, that speaks only when the rest of the world sleeps. / Jenny will do well enough. ~Juliet Marillier,
Daughter of the Forest
~
don_johnson
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
don_johnson
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #466 (ISO) » Thu Oct 28, 2010 5:09 am

Post by don_johnson »

Furcolow wrote:
don_johnson wrote:howdy. i have some comic book searching to do today with my daughter. will try and get caught up this afternoon/evening. if anyone can fill me in on important points or what not, i am all ears. page and post references are welcome as well.
if you're not going to read 20 pages, can you replace out and let someone else?
i have a life. playing this game is a
really
small part of it. i haven't been able to access the site in the last 24 hours or so and now i have to finish cleaning my house before i go to work. i have been on the replacement list for this game for some time and i would like to play, but not at your whim. if you have anything you want to point out to me, now's your chance. if you want to push all of the responsibility for a town win onto me, then you will have to wait until i have time to deliver my groundbreaking analysis. i do not appreciate the hostility here. replacements are an integral part of finishing many games on this site and one should appreciate the fact when others are willing to do it. its been a very short while since i have been here and its not my only game. chill out.
town 39-32
mafia 17-9
sk 0-6
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #467 (ISO) » Thu Oct 28, 2010 8:19 am

Post by Parama »

jenniwren wrote:Furc, first of all, I told Parama I was done with this debate, and he chose to continue it by adding charges of "misrepping" him when I pointed out all of the accusations he has made about me. Would you rather I NOT respond?

Also, I'm investigating someone I think is scummy, and it so happens that he's attacking me. I'm not attacking him because he's attacking me; I'm attacking him because he's making a bullshit case and has been since D1. (You also can't accuse me of tunneling without also accusing him of tunneling, as he's been trying to make something stick against me
since
D1.) He's got a bullshit vote on me, and he went so far as to hammer Rude without rhyme or reason a week before deadline, and today he has tried to justify hammering town without giving him a chance to claim as the "right way to hammer" as opposed to my "bad" hammer on D1. He also says his whole case on me is because I made a long hammer post and has said my pointing out other points he made about me is "misrepping" him. :roll:

Calling for my lynch in LYLO because you don't like WoTs is bad, especially when you turn around and tell DJ to replace out for not reading. This is a text-based game. Reading is part of it. Do it or don't play.

As for my scum list: Parama is obviously at the top. He's obviously not scum on his own, but I haven't worked out who his buddies are yet since my second suspect ended up dead with a town flip this morning which threw off the ideas I had at the end of the day yesterday, but I wouldn't be surprised if DJ was scum as well. Sky began the game under a shadow, then lurked like a pro, and DJ's comment about not reading a rather short game doesn't help his case. (I'm in a game that went over 2000 posts and 80 pages on D1, so I'm short on sympathy when it comes to complaints about too much reading.) As for the third, I don't know yet. Like I said, I was leaning Parama-Michel last night, and Sky was my unnamed third choice, but with Michel/charter's town flip, I am having to reevaluate everyone right now.
I didn't finish reading this post, but I know that I am 100% on
vote: jenniwren
at this point. I don't feel like waiting; if jenni's not scum, this game is a lost cause anyways.
Show

RateYourMusic page because song contests are like the only reason I'm still here.

GET TO KNOW ME

Locke Lamora
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Locke Lamora
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #468 (ISO) » Thu Oct 28, 2010 10:00 am

Post by Locke Lamora »

"Nice bird, arsehole."
Locke, to the Falconer.

Vote Count 11!

Jenniwren - 1 (Parama)

Not voting - 6 (Coach Travis, Debonair Danny DiPietro, don_johnson, jenniwren, Furcolow, ThAdmiral)

With 7 'alive', it takes 4 to lynch. Deadline is Tuesday, November 9th.
If ya smell what The Locke is cookin'!

"Locke Lamora and Andrius, defying all logic since 1081."
Furcolow
Furcolow
To Be Frank
Furcolow
To Be Frank
To Be Frank

Post Post #469 (ISO) » Thu Oct 28, 2010 10:06 am

Post by Furcolow »

parama, care to unvote while don_johnson catches up?
since he's being whiny about it
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #470 (ISO) » Thu Oct 28, 2010 10:09 am

Post by Parama »

Nobody's gonna quickhammer scum~
Show

GET TO KNOW ME

Furcolow
Furcolow
To Be Frank
Furcolow
To Be Frank
To Be Frank

Post Post #471 (ISO) » Thu Oct 28, 2010 10:09 am

Post by Furcolow »

if you dont unvote
i will vote you
Furcolow
Furcolow
To Be Frank
Furcolow
To Be Frank
To Be Frank

Post Post #472 (ISO) » Thu Oct 28, 2010 10:17 am

Post by Furcolow »

vote: parama

i've been feeling you're scum all game
if you are town, you are hypocritical, as you instructed 2 people to unvote, but wont unvote yourself
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #473 (ISO) » Thu Oct 28, 2010 11:07 am

Post by Parama »

And you waited all of 8 minutes to vote me <_<
If you're town, unvote. If you're scum, keep your vote. I think you're scum after that latest post, because LOL WORST LOGIC I'VE EVER SEEN NICE CHAINSAW DEFENSE ON JENNI etc.
Show

GET TO KNOW ME

Debonair Danny DiPietro
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Debonair Danny DiPietro
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #474 (ISO) » Thu Oct 28, 2010 12:25 pm

Parama and furcolow arguing with each other on this topic is lulzy.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”