Hydra Mafia (Day 4, I can't think of a clever title!)

Chimaira
Chimaira
Goon
Chimaira
Goon
Goon

Post Post #300 (ISO) » Sun Oct 24, 2010 3:22 pm

Post by Chimaira »

@IceCream, lack of a vote count here isn't a particularly good reason not to be voting. We did have an official one as recently as yesterday (Post 252) but here's another Troll Vote Count (again, if anyone sees something I've missed do correct me):

Pineapple: 3: FourTigers (4), MasterSpy (8), Faranor (12)
Bowser: 2: bv311 (11), TomAndJerry (13)
Professor Paradox: 2: Pineapple (7), Mr Smith (18)
bv311: 2: Crab Cannon (14), Chimaira (16)
Mr Smith: 1: Professor Paradox (17)

Not Voting: Bowser, IceCream

With 12 alive it takes 7 to lynch.

We're working on a timer here your experiences with the hydra exemplify one of the big reasons it's probably going to sneak up on us; there's more coordination to get done than in most games. Getting those votes in is important this game.

-Zorblag R`Lyeh
Alt of that one guy with the face and stuff.
IceCream
IceCream
Townie
IceCream
Townie
Townie

Post Post #301 (ISO) » Sun Oct 24, 2010 3:25 pm

Post by IceCream »

Thank you, troll

VOTE: Bowser
MasterSpy
MasterSpy
Townie
MasterSpy
Townie
Townie

Post Post #302 (ISO) » Mon Oct 25, 2010 6:30 am

Post by MasterSpy »

While I appreciate wonderful lesson on Scum versus Town motivations by FourTigers at 261 I don’t really need the lesson. Thanks for that. I already know the difference between scummy and Anti-Town play.
Crab Canon wrote:But what's more interesting, what do YOU think about Professor Paradox?
I find Professor Paradox null leaning scummy. I don’t see any scum-hunting or play that I would characterize as Pro-Town. I would characterize the Hydra’s play as very similar to Pineapple’s and Bv311’s.
bv311 wrote:Funny how fourtigers should want to easy-vote bv over suspects/scumhunting though, what with a week left before deadline.
Its funny how you are active lurking and popping up when attacked but don’t even read the post right before yours.

The statement that FourTigers made started “I would vote bv without a second thought if needed at deadline” which makes your back-handed attempt to call him scum null and void.

I like Pineapple for scum still but bv311 looks to be a good scum vote also. Especially after 276.

Since I am essentially flying solo here I’ll

UNVOTE: Pineapple
VOTE: Bv311
Faranor wrote:You seem upset.
Why haven't you responded to this?
Why haven’t I responded? Let’s look at the post in question.
Faranor’s post in question wrote:If you turn out to not be a newb, I find this statement scummy.
Yes, I think that not revealing your name is anti-town. That doesn't mean that I think it's scummy.
On that note, I can actually see where Smithy is coming from now, although I still don't agree that it's scummy.
Nothing in this posts asks me any sort of question. I’m not going to ask you to define why it is scummy when I find the point you are making of minor importance, IMO.
Prof Para wrote:SHOW ME THE DERAILING.
Right.
THERE WAS NONE.
Every single post that addressed your BLATANTLY STUPID GAMBIT THAT SERVED NO PRO-TOWN PURPOSE is the sign of derailment.

Look, I can post in all-caps too. Come back when you can actually make a point that doesn’t amount to “LOOK I’M SHOUTING”.

~The Black(and apparently solo)Spy
FourTigers
FourTigers
Townie
FourTigers
Townie
Townie

Post Post #303 (ISO) » Mon Oct 25, 2010 9:39 am

Post by FourTigers »

unvote
Vote bv311

This is a sexy looking wagon.

~me
Some days you tame the tiger. And some days the tiger has you for lunch.
IceCream
IceCream
Townie
IceCream
Townie
Townie

Post Post #304 (ISO) » Mon Oct 25, 2010 10:30 am

Post by IceCream »

I still think Bowser is scummier than bv. bv is antitown, but Bowser has been overtly scummy.

~Cream
IceCream
IceCream
Townie
IceCream
Townie
Townie

Post Post #305 (ISO) » Mon Oct 25, 2010 10:31 am

Post by IceCream »

IceCream wrote:I still think Bowser is scummier than bv. bv is antitown, but Bowser has been overtly scummy.

~Cream
I definitely just posted this after master's most recent post, but it said I posted it over 12 hours ago. What the?
Crab Canon
Crab Canon
Goon
Crab Canon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #306 (ISO) » Mon Oct 25, 2010 11:03 am

Post by Crab Canon »

MasterSpy wrote:While I appreciate wonderful lesson on Scum versus Town motivations by FourTigers at 261 I don’t really need the lesson. Thanks for that. I already know the difference between scummy and Anti-Town play. [...] I find Professor Paradox null leaning scummy. I don’t see any scum-hunting or play that I would characterize as Pro-Town. I would characterize the Hydra’s play as very similar to Pineapple’s and Bv311’s.
Why would you be ranting/annoyed about others not pursuing something you also apparently also saw as anti-town rather than explicitly scummy then?
What's your current read on TnJ?

Oj
Currently a VP Baltar/Juls Hydra
Crab Canon
Crab Canon
Goon
Crab Canon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #307 (ISO) » Mon Oct 25, 2010 11:06 am

Post by Crab Canon »

Woah, what is this glitch????
I posted the previous post about one minute ago (18.02 EST) and it got placed five hours ago, before the post I was quoting. I've breaked cause and effect?
Crab Canon
Crab Canon
Goon
Crab Canon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #308 (ISO) » Mon Oct 25, 2010 11:09 am

Post by Crab Canon »

AND AGAIN.
take that, arrow of time. Well the physics equations do theoretically work both ways.
OJ-CRAB-TRIPLEPOST HAPPENED AFTER MASTERSPY POST.
Chimaira
Chimaira
Goon
Chimaira
Goon
Goon

Post Post #309 (ISO) » Mon Oct 25, 2010 5:56 pm

Post by Chimaira »

@IceCream, remind me what you think Bowser's done that's scummy as opposed to anti-town if you will. We've got a case for active lurking for him but it seems like we've got one of those for bv311. We've got some potential connections with Bowser's early posting but mostly it just looks unimpressive rather than super-scummy to me. With bv311 we've got lack of a presence early in the game (other than the avatar hi jinx) but lack of a presence isn't something that should help someone. Bowser's a fine wagon but I'm not sure why you think it's markedly better than bv311 and perhaps you can clear that up for me.

@bv311, this isn't a huge game but I'd like your thoughts on whatever you're up to now followed by the rest of them when you're done with them. There's no reason to have to choose between those two. We also need to be moving things along here; you should be providing cases without giving us silly choices like that.

Mod: Can we please prod Bowser?

-Zorblag R`Lyeh
Faranor
Faranor
Goon
Faranor
Goon
Goon

Post Post #310 (ISO) » Mon Oct 25, 2010 8:51 pm

Post by Faranor »

MasterSpy wrote:Nothing in this posts asks me any sort of question. I’m not going to ask you to define why it is scummy when I find the point you are making of minor importance, IMO.
So did you just say that you would look more closely at that stuff because you like typing? I ask because you're not following up on your promised follow-up.

Stupid Fara~ head being V/LA.

-~Nor.
Faranor
Faranor
Goon
Faranor
Goon
Goon

Post Post #311 (ISO) » Mon Oct 25, 2010 8:52 pm

Post by Faranor »

Also I conveniently forgot to mention that I got both the 310th and 311th posts in order to claim the 311th post for myself.
bv310
bv310
Mafia Scum
bv310
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #312 (ISO) » Tue Oct 26, 2010 12:54 am

Post by bv310 »

Way ahead of you, Troll.

In addition, searching for two more head replacements.

This is why I miss BaM.
Mr Smith
Mr Smith
Goon
Mr Smith
Goon
Goon

Post Post #313 (ISO) » Tue Oct 26, 2010 12:57 am

Post by Mr Smith »

MOD: While you're here, please do a votecount.

and don't miss this vote:
unvote, vote: bv311
"Still using all the muscles except the one that matters?"
MasterSpy
MasterSpy
Townie
MasterSpy
Townie
Townie

Post Post #314 (ISO) » Tue Oct 26, 2010 2:32 am

Post by MasterSpy »

Crab Canon wrote:Why would you be ranting/annoyed about others not pursuing something you also apparently also saw as anti-town rather than explicitly scummy then?
What's your current read on TnJ?
I’m annoyed because of the inconsistency. Your Hydra began the game stating that not presenting identities of the Hydras immediately was scummy. The premise for this is that Town benefited from the information provide. Yet when Elli specifically went out of his way to lie about his indentity for the lulz your slot writes it off as ‘Elli being Elli’. If you are arguing that Elli specifically putting false information into the thread is not scummy because it would be eventually revealed why isn’t the same valid for those Hydra’s who didn’t immediately disclose their identity. Both circumstances are withholding information from Town. I’m big on consistency.

I have a Neutral read on T&J. I’m not particularly fond of the manner in which they chose to ‘reveal’ Prof Para as opposed to just directly challenging the Hydra. I think not answering his own questions, if he thought they would serve a long-term game purpose, was misguided and anti-town. Nothing directly scummy in his ISO but not much that strikes me as solidly Pro-Town either.

Since you are big on clarifying reads - What is your read on T&J?
Faranor wrote:So did you just say that you would look more closely at that stuff because you like typing? I ask because you're not following up on your promised follow-up.
Please point out what you are specifically referencing here because I have no idea what you are talking about. A quote would be nice to clarify your statement here.

@MOD – Am I getting a new partner?
Chimaira
Chimaira
Goon
Chimaira
Goon
Goon

Post Post #315 (ISO) » Tue Oct 26, 2010 5:21 am

Post by Chimaira »

Mod: What time zone is the deadline in?

At this point I'm not really sure why someone, namely Icecream, can argue the Bowser wagon is better than the bv one. Boswer has flaked and is being replaced. bv on the other hand has shown they are watching the thread enough to respond to the wagon that built on them. But still refuse to actively participate. With the deadline getting ready to steam roll us in a few days this isn't acceptable behavior at all.

I have been speaking with Troll and for now I am willing to agree with him and put the fake name claiming deal down to it being Eli's playstyle. I hate the Smith vote that hydra has active currently though and they don't seem to be doing much of anything else ether. That really needs to change.

~Sotty
Bowser
Bowser
Mafia Scum
Bowser
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #316 (ISO) » Tue Oct 26, 2010 6:07 am

Post by Bowser »

/prodded

Re-reading the thread later today.

~CSL
It's
BOWSER TIME!
SMBMIIIS: The War on Bleck's Army
is coming to a Mini Theme queue near you! 0/6 pre-in's taken.
Mr Smith
Mr Smith
Goon
Mr Smith
Goon
Goon

Post Post #317 (ISO) » Tue Oct 26, 2010 8:47 am

Post by Mr Smith »

bv310 wrote:
This is why I miss BaM.
BV310. ARE YOU SERIOUS? ARE YOU SERIOUSLY IMPLYING THAT THE PLAYERS DON'T TAKE ENOUGH RESPONSIBILITY?

Because this has to be the worst modded game I have seen. You have made ONE votecount. In the 7 pages this game was actually really started. Before that you didn't start the game, while all the players were already there for a few days, discussing the game etc.

Why don't we have a a Bad at Modding ruleset here? We'd agree that the game gets abandoned and get you on a public mod-blacklist.

~mykonian
"Still using all the muscles except the one that matters?"
IceCream
IceCream
Townie
IceCream
Townie
Townie

Post Post #318 (ISO) » Tue Oct 26, 2010 9:50 am

Post by IceCream »

Chimaira wrote:@IceCream, remind me what you think Bowser's done that's scummy as opposed to anti-town if you will. We've got a case for active lurking for him but it seems like we've got one of those for bv311. We've got some potential connections with Bowser's early posting but mostly it just looks unimpressive rather than super-scummy to me. With bv311 we've got lack of a presence early in the game (other than the avatar hi jinx) but lack of a presence isn't something that should help someone. Bowser's a fine wagon but I'm not sure why you think it's markedly better than bv311 and perhaps you can clear that up for me.
My other head made a pretty succinct case against bowser earlier iirc.
Icecream wrote:
Pineapple wrote:I just commented on random stuff I saw while catching up. If you want me to comment on anything specific, just tell me.
@bv310: Please post a vote count. —Apple
Who do you think is scum? Do you have any opinion other than just defending yourself?
This has yet to be answered. I am disappoint.
bv311
bv311
Townie
bv311
Townie
Townie

Post Post #319 (ISO) » Tue Oct 26, 2010 9:54 am

Post by bv311 »

At this rate, I may have to replace out. Also, I haven't heard from my other head in a quite a while now.

As for why I called Fourtigers desire to vote us at deadline, despite being a week out from deadline scummy, because it reeked to me as a lack of desire to scumhunt in the week between that statement, and deadline.

I would like to
request deadline extension
if possible, what with the number of replacements already needed.
IceCream
IceCream
Townie
IceCream
Townie
Townie

Post Post #320 (ISO) » Tue Oct 26, 2010 10:50 am

Post by IceCream »

bv just keeps getting scummier and scummier. I don't like how he keeps bringing up fourtigers "I will vote bv if deadline apporaches" comment when it isn't inherently scummy at all.

UNVOTE: Bowser
VOTE: Bv311
Chimaira
Chimaira
Goon
Chimaira
Goon
Goon

Post Post #321 (ISO) » Tue Oct 26, 2010 12:15 pm

Post by Chimaira »

And I believe that that puts bv311 at L-1. No one should hammer without asking for a claim first. No one should ask for a claim if they're not ready to hammer. If anyone on the wagon doesn't want to lynch bv311 at this time now's the time to get off the wagon. Here's the unofficial Troll Vote Count I'm using. If you see anything wrong do let me know:

bv311: 6: Crab Canon (14), Chimaira (16), FourTigers (20), MasterSpy (21), Mr Smith (22), IceCream (23)
Bowser: 2: bv311 (11), TomAndJerry (13)
Professor Paradox: 1: Pineapple (7)
Pineapple: 1: Faranor (12)
Mr Smith: 1: Professor Paradox (17)

Not Voting: Bowser

With 12 alive it takes 7 to lynch.

-Zorblag R`Lyeh
Lateralus22
Lateralus22
Mafia Scum
Lateralus22
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #322 (ISO) » Tue Oct 26, 2010 12:23 pm

Post by Lateralus22 »

Been busy, should be able to get a good post or two in tomorrow if possible.

First off, why is bv anymore scummy than Bowser? They're both pretty much doing the same thing. A turnaround to a bowser wagon would be cool but I'm willing to hammer bv if needed.

~Tom
Lateralus22
Lateralus22
Mafia Scum
Lateralus22
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #323 (ISO) » Tue Oct 26, 2010 12:23 pm

Post by Lateralus22 »

Fuck...
TomAndJerry
TomAndJerry
Townie
TomAndJerry
Townie
Townie

Post Post #324 (ISO) » Tue Oct 26, 2010 12:24 pm

Post by TomAndJerry »

Lateralus22 wrote:Been busy, should be able to get a good post or two in tomorrow if possible.

First off, why is bv anymore scummy than Bowser? They're both pretty much doing the same thing. A turnaround to a bowser wagon would be cool but I'm willing to hammer bv if needed.

~Tom
Soz

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”