Furcolow
Furcolow
To Be Frank
Furcolow
To Be Frank
To Be Frank

Post Post #477 (ISO) » Thu Oct 21, 2010 1:35 am

Post by Furcolow »

@MOD, did you give me any sort of "clarification email" when I sent in the target of my action, notifying me, or did you simply send in a PM stating that I had done my action to my intended target?

Private messages are not for public consumption. ~Mod.
Last edited by Percy on Thu Oct 21, 2010 1:39 am, edited 2 times in total.
Furcolow
Furcolow
To Be Frank
Furcolow
To Be Frank
To Be Frank

Post Post #478 (ISO) » Thu Oct 21, 2010 1:37 am

Post by Furcolow »

sorry, i just received a pm from the mod stating i need to take a breather. I am going to be V/LA for the next few hours I suppose.
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #479 (ISO) » Thu Oct 21, 2010 1:46 am

Post by MagnaofIllusion »

Not much time right now for a full response post since my last but I’ll say this.

Furc
– You story just doesn’t add up. You submitted a Night action in the game without bothering to confirm said player was in the game even though you admitted that you stopped reading the sign-up thread at some point after Drippereth posted. If this is the case you would have NO reason to know that Drip was officially in the game. Your explanation of other factors spirals downhill from there.

And finally another little bit I’d like to add –

You are someone who prides themselves on responding quickly in thread (especially given your little tantrum against those of us who don’t live on MS i.e. have actual lives in which you called us 'scared') here is the sequence of events / posting between us when I started to question your claim

1:36PM site time – I question why you warded El Goosuki.
1:40PM – You respond saying the action wasn’t on El Goosuki and must have been on an outed player.

1:59PM – I ask you who your originally Warded.
2:41PM – You come back saying you Warded Drippereth.

It certainly could be a co-incidence and there is no way to prove you weren’t away from the computer. That said looking at the manner in which you respond to things the 42 minutes it took you to simply say “I warded Player X” looks like you had to confer with your Cult partners for a good explanation.

To paraphrase DGB
– To simply state who you took action on take seconds, to concoct a fake target takes a lifetime.
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
Baby Spice
Baby Spice
Mafia Scum
Baby Spice
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #480 (ISO) » Thu Oct 21, 2010 1:47 am

Post by Baby Spice »

Furcolow wrote:
Baby Spice wrote:
Furcolow wrote: You are taking that completely out of context. It had a bolded question to the mod what is implicating me. Furthermore, I cleared that up in my #405, need I QIFT?
Hang on, are you saying that I'm quoting myself out of context?

and how the hell does #405 clear up you abusing the people who saw Drippereth in the signup thread?
sigh...
why would you quote yourself? you quoted me out of context. Obviously.
#405 PROVES that I didn't know their hydra changed names/gained a player

ADD IN that I thought he changed my shit alphabetically.......... I was fucking surprised to see my ward action PM say El Goosuki, lets just say that. They heard noise. They won't end up dead, or have any fetishes passed to them. Unvote me.
If I quoted you out of context, then where is the bolded question you refered to as it's not in #409. You know, the thing I quoted. Not #405 either.

and none of that invalidates my original question on the topic. Why didn't you look at post 0 of the game thread before sending in your actions and why am I scum for doing that?
I don't know what annoys me more. Bad Harry Potter fan fiction that gets the facts right, or good Harry Potter fan fiction that doesn't.

Sometimes, when I say "I'm okay", I want someone to give me a hug and say, "Let's watch Doctor Who"
totallynotmafia
totallynotmafia
Goon
totallynotmafia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #481 (ISO) » Thu Oct 21, 2010 1:48 am

Post by totallynotmafia »

Ha, I tend to believe Fur, and I think that at least one of the people arguing with him over the last couple of pages could be cult trying to wind him up so he self-implodes.
Furcolow
Furcolow
To Be Frank
Furcolow
To Be Frank
To Be Frank

Post Post #482 (ISO) » Thu Oct 21, 2010 1:49 am

Post by Furcolow »

Percy wrote:
Mina wrote:
Mod: would targeting an account belonging to a player in the game work even if it wasn't the account in the player list? Also, would you inform someone if he targeted a player not in the game?
Let's play hypotheticals.

If I received an action that was ambiguous or contradictory (as to what action was selected, who was the target, or they tried to double-
Search
or whatever), I would send a clarification PM. If I were to receive no reply, the player would default to
Cower

If, however, there is a technical error but
no ambiguity
, I will accept the action as-is. An example would be someone who submitted the
Night Action
Night Action wrote:
Search:
Forensic Kit
There is no item by this name, but the intention (
Forensic
Tools
) is clear.

Since I named 2 heads out of 3, and it was because of a reserved slot, the action WAS NOT AMBIGUOUS OR CONTRADICTORY.
Furcolow
Furcolow
To Be Frank
Furcolow
To Be Frank
To Be Frank

Post Post #483 (ISO) » Thu Oct 21, 2010 1:52 am

Post by Furcolow »

MoI: I stopped reading the signup thread AN HOUR before they morphed into El Goosuki. AN HOUR.
I waited FORTY TWO MINUTES to respond to you? Big deal. Your only case on me is time? I have all the time in the world.
Furcolow
Furcolow
To Be Frank
Furcolow
To Be Frank
To Be Frank

Post Post #484 (ISO) » Thu Oct 21, 2010 1:53 am

Post by Furcolow »

Baby Spice wrote:
Furcolow wrote:
Baby Spice wrote:
Furcolow wrote: You are taking that completely out of context. It had a bolded question to the mod what is implicating me. Furthermore, I cleared that up in my #405, need I QIFT?
Hang on, are you saying that I'm quoting myself out of context?

and how the hell does #405 clear up you abusing the people who saw Drippereth in the signup thread?
sigh...
why would you quote yourself? you quoted me out of context. Obviously.
#405 PROVES that I didn't know their hydra changed names/gained a player

ADD IN that I thought he changed my shit alphabetically.......... I was fucking surprised to see my ward action PM say El Goosuki, lets just say that. They heard noise. They won't end up dead, or have any fetishes passed to them. Unvote me.
If I quoted you out of context, then where is the bolded question you refered to as it's not in #409. You know, the thing I quoted. Not #405 either.

and none of that invalidates my original question on the topic. Why didn't you look at post 0 of the game thread before sending in your actions and why am I scum for doing that?
i didn't say "you are scum for doing that" you are scum for misrepresenting what I'm saying and taking me out of context.
Furcolow
Furcolow
To Be Frank
Furcolow
To Be Frank
To Be Frank

Post Post #485 (ISO) » Thu Oct 21, 2010 1:54 am

Post by Furcolow »

you are scum for your interactions with seacore
Furcolow
Furcolow
To Be Frank
Furcolow
To Be Frank
To Be Frank

Post Post #486 (ISO) » Thu Oct 21, 2010 1:58 am

Post by Furcolow »

why i'm an easy mislynch: scum want me gone, because I have them pegged
silly town players find my playstyle abrasive
good town players find my playstyle arrogant, self-indulgent, and moronic... but
GREAT town players find my playstyle effective, though crude, and generally keep me alive because I am so obvious due to meta
Furcolow
Furcolow
To Be Frank
Furcolow
To Be Frank
To Be Frank

Post Post #487 (ISO) » Thu Oct 21, 2010 1:59 am

Post by Furcolow »

an example of each: seacore/lost butterfly scum
baby spice finds my playstyle abrasive/aggressive. Possibly Andrius.
MoI finds my playstyle arrogant, and has a vendetta against me. Possibly Andrius. (xvart might fit in here as well)
Plum/RC for the 4th slot
Furcolow
Furcolow
To Be Frank
Furcolow
To Be Frank
To Be Frank

Post Post #488 (ISO) » Thu Oct 21, 2010 2:00 am

Post by Furcolow »

baby spice leaning between lines 2 and 1 like vezokpiraka every game he's scum
Baby Spice
Baby Spice
Mafia Scum
Baby Spice
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #489 (ISO) » Thu Oct 21, 2010 2:08 am

Post by Baby Spice »

Furcolow wrote: GREAT town players find my playstyle effective, though crude, and generally keep me alive because I am so obvious due to meta
That would be the town meta you are being careful to play too I take it.
Furcolow wrote:I should take a breather, and collect myself. Should. I'm not going to. You know why? Because it would not fit my town meta.
I don't know what annoys me more. Bad Harry Potter fan fiction that gets the facts right, or good Harry Potter fan fiction that doesn't.

Sometimes, when I say "I'm okay", I want someone to give me a hug and say, "Let's watch Doctor Who"
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #490 (ISO) » Thu Oct 21, 2010 2:14 am

Furc wrote:MoI: I stopped reading the signup thread AN HOUR before they morphed into El Goosuki. AN HOUR.
I waited FORTY TWO MINUTES to respond to you? Big deal. Your only case on me is time? I have all the time in the world.
The fact that you trying to represent that case against your claim is ONLY based on timing is laughable. Really, comedy gold right there.

The point, which you are missing, you are proving with your spamtastic responses right now. When you are online (which appears to be much of the day) you respond immediately to questions / attacks on you.

Naming who your original target was should take about 5 seconds of typing.

Yet it took you 42 minutes to post that one line. Given your playstyle it gives me the impression that you had to either run to the Cult QT to get advice or go looking through the sign-up thread.

But for the record here is the sequence of events surrounding your claim that makes me believe it is suspect –

1. You claim to have Warded El Goo. No mention at all regarding the change-up of targets.
2. I question why you chose El Goo.
3. You say El Goo wasn’t your original target. You don’t name the target in this post. You say that Percy must have just changed the target based on your intent. You make NO mention of clarification email from Percy.
4. I ask you who you did target originally.
5. You say Drippereth who never appeared on any version of the Player roster.
6. MOD confirms that a botched target (a player not in the game) would result in first a PM from him and if not corrected a Cower action.
7. MOD confirms that he would accept Technical Errors as valid (ie Forensic Kit versus Forensic Tools) but would clarify Ambiguous choices via PM.

I don’t believe that Percy would not have PMed you saying Drippereth is not in the game. You have basically admitted that this never happened. I believe chosing Drippereth as a target, regardless of whether said Hydra is similar in construction to El Goo, would be Ambiguous and not a Technical Error.

Thus I believe you got caught with your hand in the cookie jar.

I could be a bastard and throw in some rhetoric like “DIE CULTS SCUM DIE” that you seem so fond of but I will take high road on that. :D

Yes, the above line is 100% sarcasm.

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Super Smash Bros. Fan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #491 (ISO) » Thu Oct 21, 2010 2:27 am

Post by Super Smash Bros. Fan »

I have no previous experience with the Star Aligned games, although I have read the first two days and part of Day 3 after the game ended and somewhat followed the game when it was ongoing from Day 7 until end game.

Due to the exceptionally high activity here, I will not be quoting everything I find, but instead summerize my thoughts on players and other events.

Furcolow's #200: I don't want Benmage to kill tonight. Based off what I've seen, Fate is a lot more likely to be town then Benmage. Fate seems like frustrated town trying to prevent his kill so he can further help town. Benmage seems to have disingenous, even malicious motivations in getting rid of him.

MagnaofIllusion, players who did not hear noise can still be NK'd. Wickedestjr played in Star Aligned II and he did not hear noise for Night 0, Night 1, or Night 2. He was night-killed Night 3. So yes, you can be Night Killed without having to hear noise.

The Lost Butterfly, who dares not support Fate's lynch and will do anything he can to get rid of the people who do not 100% agree with the lynch on Fate. I can see him being a murder to get rid of his critics if he is indeed an Investigator.

VasudeVa, I agree with the approval/disapproval list of Insantities. After finishing this post, I'll try to see what insantities I approve and what I disapprove.

With that being said, getting into the meat of my post:

Andrius's CAPS LAWKE's posts are pretty damn useless, although his first content posts seems okay, but him showing absolutely no willingness to read the Fate/Benmage's argument doesn't sit well with me as you are expected to be reading each and every single post. The Fate/Benmage's argument was unecessary in terms of length, but it wasn't completely useless either. That being said, I am getting some warm vibes from him, but he's someone I'll keep a close eye on.

Baby Spice's #379 is contradictory. He said that Benmage is an investigator, but not town. Which one is it? Is he town or cult or even town planning on going muderer.

I REALLY don't like Benmage's play at all. His push for Fate's lynch is just absolutely atrocious. To me, his pushing for a Fate's lynch looks to be no more then personal issues between them and a policy lynch so he doesn't have to deal with him. I find this very scummy. Fate is well-known for his CAPS LAWKS posting, Benmage-cult could be using Fate's playstyle to throw him into a huge argument between both of them and hopefully get town to lynch Fate Day 1 so he can get an easy mislynch over with. He is going as far as to call him "confirmed cult" with these pushes, which makes this especially noteworthy. I find his "I am confirmed town" delcarative statements scummy as well. I don't see how he is confirmed town by any means. His play IMO hasn't resembled town and I also detest how he uses his campaign to lynch Fate as a reason to get town to believe he's confirmed town. He is also guilty of hypocrisy as well. ISO: 37, he gives a "QFT" at sottyrulez's post where they say that they argument is pretty and ruining the game. Yet he was the
main cause
why the ballastic argument between him and Fate happened. That also looks like an attempt to gain town creds for his push on Fate, which is already scummy. And I also hate, hate, hate how he declares Seacore as the second cult, yet the reason is patehic in itself. So because you won't support a lynch, you're scum? That makes no sense to me. He is now irrationally tunneling on Fate/Seacore as we speak.

From what I gather, Fate looks to resemble his town game more over at the ruined invitational then scum overreaction. Unlike Benmage's argument, some of his points actually makes sense, (Example: Benmage's stalking Fate due to personal issues is very anti-town and will hurt town if Benmage carries on with the kill).

Bowser's votes are very opportunistic and scummy. They look like trying to blend in with other players to avoid suspicion while giving very little reasons and none of which are actually scum hunting reasons. Vote on Furcolow was due to play in late Star Aligned II, vote on Fate was due to anti-town behavior. Neither he looks for reasons that the person is more likely to be scum then town. I also find it odd that when criticizing Fate for terrible behavior, he completely ignores Benmage's behavior as well, which has not been civil either. He puts Furcolow high on his scumlist but does not vote him after unvoting Fate, which looks like scum trying to avoid attention by voting later when a bandwagon on Furcolow has been solidfied. I have yet to see a pro-town post from the hydra. All the posts so far looks to be from CSL, so I want to see Untrod Tripod weigh in before deciding if the hydra should be lynched or not. But for now, they are high on my scum list.

MagnaofIllusion's first post bothers me a little. He claims we won't get a lot of information out of hearing noises. I agree with that, but what bothers is that he then asks for volunteers for people who did not hear noise. I'd like to know from him if we'll gain more information from asking for volunteers for people who did not hear noise then people who did hear noise and if not, what is his purpose for doing so. Even thought I do agree that Furcolow is scummy (Although one thing is preventing me from voting Furcolow at the moment, that reason is below), something about his push on Furcolow doesn't seem right to me, thought that's more of a gut reason. Although I do agree with some of the things he has laid down and from a quick glance, it looks pro-town, it's best to keep him at close eye for now, although not necessarily a lynch-worthy candidate yet, as aside from this two issues, he seems relatively pro-town.

Furcolow is so damn scummy, it's insane. His play resembles Mini 1000: The Brave and the Beautiful a lot before the confirmation. Him screaming "policy lynch" because MagnaofIllusion voted for him due to him likely being a detrimental player regardless of alignment is overreaction I would expect from scums. I really don't like how he constantly declares that he is confirmed town, when that is just strong evidence support he is town, not something that fully indicates that he is one. He saying that he is a strong town player is laughable, every game I have seen and played with him he has been very scummy and I manage to easily catch him as scum in previously mentioned game. His original vote on MagnaofIllusion was terrible as I detested his demand for MagnaofIllusion to remove his vote on him. There are quite a few instance where he is shown to not read the thread, such as #43 where he sent it to Drippereth, even thought we all know that it's actually El Goosuki he's suppose to send it too. Calling people out without explaining why they're scummy is scummy as well, as it looks that Furcolow is suspecting them because they suspect him. His vote hoping is scummy as well. First at MagnaofIllusion, then to Fate, then to Benmage, Seacore, and now Bowser all in one Day. These were serious votes as well. Just when he had a relative period of less scumminess, he goes off in a tangent when The Lost Butterfly exposed him for the liar he is. Furcolow's vote for The Lost Butterfly was just terrible and he is reacting very scummy to the wagon on him, calling them "fucking idiots", defends himself very poorly. He's calling The Lost Butterfly/Baby Spice scum if Seacore is scum, yet fails to back up his statement in any shape or form.

ReaperCharlie's #34 is not giving me good vibes, especially in the off-chance that Furcolow is scum. His worries about Furcolow being lynched Day 1 all the time has already been nullified by the fact that he survived until being stumped in Harry Potter Mafia, lived until Day in The Brave and the Beautiful, and is currently alive Day 6 in an ongoing game. Saying that we should keep him alive because of his style is also ridiculously weak reasoning as his style encourages policy lynches on him, because it's a style that very little of us enjoy playing with. He promised that he would explain why he wanted Furcolow alive in #54, yet I have not much further explanations why. He makes a serious vote on Benmage, who I agree with, but wish there was more explanation going for it. I do find his Seacore vote in #120 horrible thought as I don't see how the second quote indicates him being cult. And he seems to be defending Furcolow a lot recently. If one of them flips scum, make sure to look at the other for lynch, even with Furcolow's ward action dealio. His post on #298 is a lot of fluff. It's either praising Furcolow, giving out town reads, or complete nonsense. Either way, I find it scummy that he almost nothing to help town in that post. His suspicion on hitogoroshi has no contents to back it up and no evidence supporting that he's scum, which make me suspect that he's throwing around suspicion to make it look that he's actually scum hunting multiple people and not just fluffing around/focusing on a two people to seriously scum hunt on.

Sottyrulez, explanation on your MagnaofIllusion vote would highly be apperciated. While I did find a few things about him that bugs me, I don't think he's particularly lynch-worthy yet.

With all that said,
Vote: Furcolow

Should not be left alive due to his terrible play and is most likely scum.
AurorusVox
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #492 (ISO) » Thu Oct 21, 2010 2:29 am

Post by AurorusVox »

This is a bit of a wall post, and for that I apologise. I've done a (re)-read of 20 pages. I've tried to
bold
peoples' names so that you don't have to read the whole thing, but I'd ask SpyreX to read most of it since I address some of his concerns whilst talking about other people. I was ninja'd so many times that my submitted form became invalid. Three pages have been written since I started writing this :\

Okay, to start off, for the people QQing over me saying I want to re-read (I'm looking at
SpyreX
and
Trilobite
in particular); I have a life, which yesterday involved being up and out from 7:30am until 10:30pm, and so when I read the thread, I was very tired and NOT WILLING to make a half-assed vote considering that RVS ended long ago. Also, I'd like to point out that I'm not the only player who has posted and not voted; what do you make of those other players?

Now that it is midday, I have been better able to collect my thoughts and settle my suspicions by giving the whole thread another read. When I reached my initial catchup post on my re-read, I can see that it does look all over the place. Hopefully this post will help to clarify my thoughts.

Regarding MoI

I don't like that he seems to be tunnelling Furcolow. Until Plum called him out on it, all that he posted was directly related to Furcolow. I do not think that Furcolow is clear (as I have said, I treat "clear" as an absolute/binary value) but I have acknowledged that for Furcolow to be lying about warding would require a substantial amount of luck on his part for him to have NOT been caught out by mod-rules. MoI, on the other hand, seems to have disregarded this strand of the argument entirely, and keeps looking for loopholes to maintain his vote.

As others have pointed out, this
MagnaofIllusion wrote:if he is Cult fake-claiming Ward all he has to do is claim to have Warded someone the Cult successfully crafted a fetish of.
argument is not very strong at all. It looks like MoI stretching to legitimise his case on a player whom he thinks that he can push a policy lynch on.

For these reasons I am going to
Vote: MagnaofIllusion

Regarding Furcolow (and response to SpyreX)

I am happy to treat him as an investigator, despite the scummy things that he has done, mostly because of the luck involved in appealing to the rule that changed (considering that he would not have known that it would subsequently change). People have declared him a VI; I think that accounts for my suspicions of the potentially culty-side of his play (even now, he's acting pretty scummy, but VIs gonna VI).

A problem that I have when I play as town is that I can argue myself in circles - I consider both/too many sides of an argument, and end up WIFOMing myself to sleep (in this case I presented arguments for three different alignments). When I'm speculating on something, especially VI players, this is obviously problematic; but where I've indicated stronger opinions, this should be less of an issue.

NINJA NEWSFLASH

Percy's new post has since surfaced. I think you could argue quite strongly that Drippereth is in fact unambiguous, if the hydra account involves Drippereth + one other player. True, it could be considered a technical error, but it's not an infeasible leap of logic to go from Drippereth to El G, and I think that this is what has happened. There is very likely opportunistic cult votes on the Furc wagon after Percy's post.

Regarding Benmage vs Fate (in response to Wicked)

I've already stated my views on this; I'm leaning town on Fate due to his reactions; Benmage was the scummiest player on my initial read of the thread.

I also said that I want to see Benmage shoot Fate to prove that he is town like he claims; if he does not do that, then we know he was lying about stalking and we can lynch him tomorrow. I've already said that if we lynch him today we lose out on that potential confirmed townie. There's also the potential to resuscitate Fate.

I think
xvart
has misunderstood my later argument for the whole Benmage situation (he asks "So we are going to start lynching people to prove they are town?"). I'm saying: DON'T lynch Ben since he can confirm himself at night. If he can't confirm himself, then he was lying. Then we lynch him tomorrow.

Despite the fact that he's voting for a townie, I'm getting pretty strong townvibes from
SpyreX
and wonder why
Furpants_Tom
is voting for him when he commended SpyreX for scumhunting in his previous post? I responded with regards to my triple-read of Furcolow earlier in this post, but I wanted to give this attention:
SpyreX wrote:THE WAY ONE DEALS WITH STOPPING BEN FROM KILLING FATE ESPECIALLY IF YOU ACTUALLY THOUGHT BEN WAS SCUM WOULD BE IN FACT VOTING AND PERHAPS EVEN LYNCHING HIM.
To be clear; I believe that Benmage IS lying but I'd rather be wrong about him being scum and have him confirmed by killing Fate, than to try to lynch someone who can confirm themselves as town.

The reasons that I think he is lying are: He seemed eager to lynch Fate and/or not shoot Fate, which makes me think he didn't stalk Fate. He has the chance to confirm himself as town and yet would rather lynch the guy than get that confirmation. It smells off. Add to that this hypocritical idea that Benmage has that Fate wouldn't craft his fetish if he was cult, and I'm not really sure where he's coming from at all.

I've mostly liked
Lost Butterfly's
earlier posts, but the vote for Triglav on page 4 came out of nowhere. I asked for clarification on this earlier. Also, the "bad vibes" from VP Baltar's post is odd - attributed to the smilies, of which he uses one (I get that it's a joke but it's also factually inaccurate!). His vote on Furc after saying how town he finds him stinks of opportunistic voting. The speed at which he declared it a technical error was astounding.

Totallynotmafia
's posting has been good, he sparked the idea of forbidden insanities, and broached the topic of rezzing Fate which meshes with my thoughts on the matter. That said I have thought of a complication to Rezzing Fate; if Fate is NOT town, he could just lie about being (not) bloody and have Benmage lynched. We wouldn't actually be able to tell if he ever became bloody in the first place, because murder resolves after investigate, and launder resolves before :\

Both of
Bowser's
votes have been on the tails of others' votes, without really going into their suspicions much. Someone mentioned that this was CSL's town meta?

ReaperCharlie's
earlier vote on Benmage seems odd. He hasn't expressed any opinion regarding the "Should Benmage kill Fate?" question, and votes for Benmage, when a big part of lynching Benmage revolves around your opinion of Benmage shooting Fate. I'd like to hear his opinion on that matter outright.

Hito
I read as playing very pro-town, I like it a lot (INB4 he goes murder route and kills us all)

I don't like the fact that
Andrius
has RVS'd VasudeVa but then FoS'd (rather than voted) Bowser. Considering that Bowser has a five-strong wagon by the time of his post (#342), it looks very suspicious to me. He continues to keep the VasudeVa RV through the rest of his catchup posts.

From here on out my posts won't be so wall-ey.
THE LEMON LIVES! - Cabd
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #493 (ISO) » Thu Oct 21, 2010 2:38 am

SSBF wrote:MagnaofIllusion, players who did not hear noise can still be NK'd. Wickedestjr played in Star Aligned II and he did not hear noise for Night 0, Night 1, or Night 2. He was night-killed Night 3. So yes, you can be Night Killed without having to hear noise.
Stars Aligned II has little to do with this game SSBF. The rules, as provided by Percy, do not support your assertion.

To be killed by the Ritual the Cult has to have a Fetish of the target player. Target player must hear noises when successfully targeted by Craft Fetish.

To be murdered the target player must be Stalked. The target player must hear noises when successfully targeted by Stalk.

Per Percy’s admission there are NO hidden mechanics in the game.

So the only two ways in which someone can die have pre-requisites that if successful cause a targeted player to hear noises.

MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #494 (ISO) » Thu Oct 21, 2010 2:50 am

AV wrote:I don't like that he seems to be tunnelling Furcolow. Until Plum called him out on it, all that he posted was directly related to Furcolow. I do not think that Furcolow is clear (as I have said, I treat "clear" as an absolute/binary value) but
I have acknowledged that for Furcolow to be lying about warding would require a substantial amount of luck on his part for him to have NOT been caught out by mod-rules
. MoI, on the other hand, seems to have disregarded this strand of the argument entirely, and keeps looking for loopholes to maintain his vote.
The bolded portion is either bad logic or complete bullshit. Not sure which.

How exactly would Furc be caught by the Mod rules fake-claiming a Craft Fetish target as a Ward again? If you are referring to the early game change by Percy that stated Ward did not cause a player using it to Hear Noises I’ll ask you to address the following assertions –

For Furc to be caught by the rule change he would have to have scrupulously prepared his fake-claim and carefully studied the rules. As the rules were set-up before the change by Percy Ward was the only listed ability I see that causes the User to hear noises. Thus to run afoul of this Furc would have carefully crafted his fake-claim with this in mind.

Furc’s self-stated assertions in thread that he

1. Did not bother to read the player list when choosing an action.
2. Didn’t bother reading his N0 role/action PM closely before choosing an action.

Indicates he’s not going to have planned and researched in advance IMO.

On the other hand based on Stars Aligned II, which he played in and read, if winging his fake-claim he would likely assume Ward operated in the same manner in this game.

I considered those assertions and don’t find them very compelling. For Furc to be not 'caught' by the change doesn't require 'luck' but him to play in the manner he alwasy does. Feel free of course to disagree. I certainly do with your conclusion that Percy’s most recent posts indicate that Furc sending an action on Drippereth would be considered anything but Ambiguous.

hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #495 (ISO) » Thu Oct 21, 2010 2:52 am

Post by hitogoroshi »

Once again, Furc is in the right but still posts too damn much about it.

I go to the super ice cream fun store. Twenty seven flavors of ice cream! Yum. I decide that I want the Double Chocolate Hyperbanana ice cream - it's my favorite - and I tell the ice cream man at the counter such. However, woe is me, that is not actually a flavor of ice cream at the store! They used to have it, but they decided to add in some SuperStrawberry and you can't get the regular stuff anymore. So technically I've ordered nonexistant ice cream. But guess what? There is NO other ice cream in the store with EITHER Double Chococlate OR Hyperbanana. Double Chocolate Hyperbanana did used to be a flavor, too. So it's a technical error, because I should have looked at the menu and ordered Double Chocolate Hyperbanana SuperStrawberry, but there's
no ambiguity
, is there?

That's what I thought. Now unvote Furc and play the damn game.
"Don’t buy a dozen eggs if you just want a hardboiled egg. Don’t buy a head of lettuce if you just want a salad. Don’t buy eggs and lettuce if you want egg salad because those are not the right ingredients." -Julius Bloop
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #496 (ISO) » Thu Oct 21, 2010 3:02 am

Post by Benmage »

From PG 16 I am killing fate because there's too much wine not too and apparently to many idiots who can honestly believe this some sort of scum ploy..gg fail town.

I am still utilizing a phone .... all day.....and the thread is still relatively young so when people.....Mina...go why didn't I comment on this???? It because of time...not a willful choice. Come on, we're out of the newbie section now right? If there ends up being missed stuff in this speed game restate it especially since I've been doing a lot from the phone thus far.
"ITT Benmage is making Shakespeare look cool. I need to bring you to my high school." -Vi
"If i must blantantly follow somone a player cannot do better than blindly following benmage" - tubby216
Wickedestjr
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Wickedestjr
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #497 (ISO) » Thu Oct 21, 2010 3:05 am

Post by Wickedestjr »

I like Ojanen's points against xvart and kunkstar7 in addition to Mina's points on page 16.
Furpants_Tom wrote:Wait, why is BenMage now not killing Fate?
Are we seriously going to let him claim a free insanity and not prove his townie-ness by following through on his threat? And we won't know if AV's scum until at least D3; so that's a fair while for all of us to live in doubt... I have no idea why scum would act like BenMage in the first place, but I can't help but think SpyreX is giving him an out. Maybe there is a fetish of Fate already out there, one not created by Benmage, who was actually stalking him. Maybe the cult is now concerned that more than one investigator with res kits will now be watching Fate's back; and would prefer this protective field dissipate. In that case, maybe you'd ask Benmage to commit publicly to NOT kill Fate, and then lead the charge to string him from the nearest tree at the start of Day 2, when Fate's body is found, scattered like sticky red confetti. Playing peacekeeper in this case is kinda suss, if you ask me.

Sorry, Seacore, I just don't see how Benmage's actions make for any sort of rational scum play. Even of the double/triple/quintuple bluff variety.

I'll Vote: SpyreX because I'm still not really sure why he's so sure both Benmage and Fate are town.
How strong is this suspicion? I think this vote is reaching.
Baby Spice wrote:You claimed a ward on someone who wasn't in the game (technically) but didn't end up cowering like the mod says should have happened.
(I remember Elibereth in the signup thread claiming a spot as Drippereth but stopped paying attention to it not long after.)
Mod. Was Drippereth ever listed as in the game in post 0 of the game thread?

You claim that the mod changed the rules because of a pm from you, but I think the rules for ward were already that way. It was the section under hearing noise that was changed. 30 minutes or so after MoI brought it up by quoting the hearing noise section. (post #7)

FOS Furcolow

I can't think of a pro-town reason to explain this, but
I can't think of a culty reason either
Two problems with this...

1. You give him an FoS for something that happened way back at page 1. Why did you wait until now to do that?
2. You find this FoS worthy, but don't see a culty reason for it. That seems contradictory.

Hmm... I am really confused about Furcolow and the warding. It seems like it all comes down to whether or not Percy considered Drippereth instead of El Goosuki as a technical error. I'm going to need to think about it some more. More thoughts later.
"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take. -Wayne Gretzky"
-Wickedestjr
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #498 (ISO) » Thu Oct 21, 2010 3:08 am

Post by Benmage »

Comments now seen more than once....me qft that me v fate is ruining the game. No fucking shit. I knew this was gonna happen. It happens in every game I play with him. Why do you think I nearly replaced out of the signup thread. Yet did ask fate nicely to pass on this game... Shittttt.....happy I stayed VPB? I called this from the getgo.
"ITT Benmage is making Shakespeare look cool. I need to bring you to my high school." -Vi
"If i must blantantly follow somone a player cannot do better than blindly following benmage" - tubby216
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #499 (ISO) » Thu Oct 21, 2010 3:19 am

Post by Benmage »

I can't wait for this day to end and me to sit down on a computer with some time and nail a ton of scum(some probably by spys sig definition)..... but anyone who thinks fate reaction is a towntell by furcs relentless foaming is scummy....is comical.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”