Reckamonic's Ocarina of Time Mafia..OVER! Was Hyrule saved?

RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1700 (ISO) » Tue Oct 19, 2010 7:04 pm

Post by RayFrost »

Exilon wrote:Oh, well.

UNVOTE:
VOTE: Gis

I can agree with this. STILL GOOD TO SEE HOW EVERYONE DROPPED LAMBDADELTA OFF SO EASILY. Specially herself with her scummy-opportunistic vote. Then she calls me opportunist.

Ray:

- LD chainsaw'd defended Cupcake by attacking Ythan. More, her flavour speculation isn't reduced to Cupcake's claim. I'm talking about some of her posts who just appear out of nowhere with stuff that doesn't really add any meningful content, except scan people's possible answers so as to gain some insight on the game's flavour /roles.
- Buddying doesn't have to be a scum tell, but I was using it as an example of what she has done which can be considered scummy.
> Speculation of flavor isn't necessarily scummy, just poor play / not useful this early in the game. Flavor speculation still happens a shitload in themed games. *shrug*
> Sooo... 'it could've been called a scumtell, but it isn't necessarily one,' but you avoided saying that it may be a null tell in your original post... why, exactly?
GIS QQpost wrote: [QQ]peoplevotingme![/QQ]
RayFrost wrote: That said, GIS is scum. This lynch needs to happen.
Explain now

[QQ]peoplevotingme[/QQ]
ohai

Oh, just noticed a missing phrase in my first point there: it should be "does little to nothing to actually get it" rather than "does to actually get it" I must've been tired when I wrote that.

Also... why are people generally
not
asking me for my case on GIS? I'm kinda the one who started the wagon, so yeah. :? 'side frm that, I will not support a LL lynch on this game day. LL is a town read, and my town read is correct.

I'm finding it interesting that substrike
and
GIS keep getting scummier as the day goes on. Here's hoping there's a vig.
don't you feel silly now?
Nikanor
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Nikanor
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1701 (ISO) » Tue Oct 19, 2010 7:26 pm

Post by Nikanor »

Le Cupcake (3): Substrike22, Ythan, Untrod Tripod
Lady Lambdadelta (3): Kairyuu, GandalfIzSik, BE
GandalfIzSik (9): KDub, zwetschenwasser, RayFrost, Fate, ABR, Le Cupcake, Lady Lambdadelta, Exilon, bunnylover
Substrike22 (4): Hinduragi, chesskid3, DTMaster, JABOC

That's where we currently stand, wagon-wise.
I'd advise GIS to claim now, as I don't think we'll have enough time to build another wagon if he waits on the claim. I don't want him lynched, but this is probably the only way we're going to get to lynch somebody else.

Unvote. Vote: Substrike.
To that end, I'm changing my vote to Substrike and leaving it there.
I am in the bottom 10% of scumhunters onsite!
jmj3000
jmj3000
Mafia Scum
jmj3000
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1702 (ISO) » Tue Oct 19, 2010 8:30 pm

Post by jmj3000 »

Ok, I gave up on my re-read as I was getting further and further behind, and going off of Nikanor's most recent post, I am ISO-ing the posts of the leading wagons, from largest to smallest. Here is what I have seen so far.

GIS:
On the first page of their ISO, I see this.
GandalfIzSik wrote:@ Dekes, no sir but
I think that if he will be a detriment to town later on then he is sparable today
. I think we need to get a competing bandwagon going IMO chess could just be really terrible, I really dont have much expirience with him.
What. The. Hell. Do my eyes deceive me, or does he really say he wants to keep someone who might be a detriment to town later?
GandalfIzSik wrote:So I'm on page 21 and wondering why there's a page 22.
Here are the possibilities, in order of likelihood:
1. Chess is scum, telling the truth about his role. He knows he'll be lynched tomorrow if he's not today, so he'll use his ability tonight, no question. Not to mention, he's scum, so. INSTALYNCH MATERIAL.
2. Chess is scum, lying about his role. He's scum. So. Also, don't rule this one out because chess couldn't come up with that fakeclaim. Dram always has QTs open during daytime, so a scumbuddy could have done it, no problem. INSTALYNCH MATERIAL
3. Chess is town, telling the truth about his role. He needs to die, or he'll OMGUS with his role. INSTALYNCH MATERIAL
4. Chess is town, lying about his role. He's retarded. INSTALYNCH MATERIAL.
I don't see any backing up of these statements anywhere. Sounds like you were trying to use others to build your case for you.
GandalfIzSik wrote:
unvote
vote ythan

for reason stated by LL
btw she is 100% right about what she's talking about
GandalfIzSik wrote:Okay, I'm still not read up, but Nayru is NOT aquatic. She's a goddess, her race would reflect that. Oh, and ythan is town, please stop bein stupid.
Insta-contradiction, just add water! Only thing I could possibly think of to excuse this is shotty posting., then gandalf. Oh wait, thats the explanation given.
GandalfIzSik wrote:
Substrike22 wrote:Gandalf what policy are you employing? And so help me if you mention VI...
He is a detrement to the town, and we should lynch his anti-town ass now when we still have a lynch
And about Kdub's point... Me(Shotty) and Gand had a little bit of a different view point and he posted that before he had finished reading.
Way to say "Lynch the VI' without saying "Lynch the VI" >.>
GandalfIzSik wrote:
Nikanor wrote:Ythan, if you can provide me with another elemental modifier that makes sense for Nayru, I'll believe that you have good intentions here. I've always associated wisdom (Nayru's domain) with water, so that's why I believe the claim.
Not all roles have elemental modifiers lol.
Claiming inside information here are you?
GandalfIzSik wrote:Verdant means related to the forest. Look it up. Also, I'm simply wondering what you guys would think if I could minimize the damages. But actually, I won't do that, ever, because I just thought of an awesome endgame scenario involving me. :P
Except your "Soft-claim-that-wasn't-really-a-soft-claim" ensures your death, unless one of two things happen/are true: 1) Doc protect and there aren't multiple kills or 2) you are scum.
GandalfIzSik wrote:
Lady Lambdadelta wrote:Also, just a note.

JaBOC's stance right now is very similar to mine in SWN:III. Defensive. Overly defensive.

Now... I can attribute that to a few things that don't involve him being scum...

but generally, in my eyes, Defensive/Why me?(Though he hasn't thrown out that yet) = Scum most of the time.

FoS: JABOC
I hate it when people compare other people to their play.(Here comes some hypocrisy) Whenever I do it, I'm scum.
Lady Lambdadelta wrote:King Zora sounds like an Usurper to me.... Wants control of Hyrule to himself...

Also, I didn't vote JABOC earlier because I wanted to see if people jumped on that wagon. I felt it was moving to fast, and wanted to where it ended up before I climbed on it.
This speculation is teh lulz. Usurper=scum. King Zora couldn't possibly be scum lol. Also, let me summarize the other half of this post for you. "I didn't want to hop on a townie lynch unless the wagon couldn't carry itself without me."
Lady Lambdadelta wrote:And honestly, if NOTHING else, I'd like to see him lynched so he can stop being a VI...

Also, if he /IS/ telling the truth, and he's going to suicide double-vanilize... I'd rather not have that power in HIS hands. Don't trust him with it.
This post is actually protown. Only protown thing she's really said.
Lady Lambdadelta wrote:Just let me give you an example Chess.

If I were Princess Zora, and my role was a hider.

The flavor would be something like "You are always getting in trouble, and relying on others to save you, and carry you around."

Bad example, but you get what I mean...
"hey, scumbuddy(I don't think Nik's cop result is accurate, honestly. Chess is a GF/Nik is insane or something), here's some flavor that you could use in your claim"
Lady Lambdadelta wrote:A few things...

Nikanor has claimed N0 cop?

>.< a clear on chesskid. Interesting.

OH LORD A CUCKO.

I think Substrike might lose his voting power... >.<

Um... I'm gonna need to read again now. 30 pages, Jesus christ...
Thanks for not providing any content.
Lady Lambdadelta wrote:
Ythan wrote:He's more than his role. He's a giant VI. And if he's town and is going to use his ability (if he doesn't then he's effectively a vanilla VI), he should use it early. Even if he hits two scum and turns them into goons, doing it right before the end isn't going to do us nearly as much good as doing it early. Plus, then he'd be posting until then and that would be terrible.

It's not that I disagree with this... I just don't know if using the lynch on him is our optimal choice here...
"Can't my buddy survive long enough to use his ability?"
Lady Lambdadelta wrote:
GandalfIzSik wrote:ok so why do we believe Nik?
Why cant he and chess be scum together?

Why would Nik defend ChessKid like that? It's too dangerous for him to fake claim cop like that...
YOU KNOW TOO MUCH
Lady Lambdadelta wrote:
Bunnylover wrote:Can anyone explain how a night zero cop work when we don't have a night zero, please =/.

... true statement...

Could be a day-cop? if that exists?

Maybe we should lynch Chess, to see...? If he flips scum, we have 2?
Lol. And yet you've accepted the claim up until now? Also, that last sentence is good again. "Hey, if we lynch my buddy, we can get rid of the town cop! Sounds gud2mi since he's a VI anyways."
Lady Lambdadelta wrote:
OBJECTION!
Nayru is the guardian goddess of the Zora! Of the three sacred stones, she is represented by the Zora's Saphire (blue). She is an /aquatic/ goddess, because she is the guardian of the aquatic race!

To try and suggest other wise is foolish.

It tells me one of two things:

You don't know anything about LoZ:OoT!
This statement cannot be true, condsidering all the races you listed for me.

You are pushing Against Cupcake with false information, hoping that no one will notice!
Much more likely. There is so little evidence against Cupcake, and you are scrounging to get more. This isn't something a townie should be doing.

VOTE: Ythan
This vote is bad. You can't use one mistake to vote the most obvtown player in the game. I realize my othher head did it, but he's shotty. You know he just hops on the biggest viable wagon at first chance, regardless of his alignment.
Lady Lambdadelta wrote:
It's because they are the guardians of those three sacred races to the land of Hyrule.
Doesn't mean that they actually possess any traits of that element.
Lady Lambdadelta wrote:But the fact is, they ARE aligned to those three things in the game. As previously stated, they are the guardian goddesses of those 3 races.
And God is the guardian of mankind. Doesn't mean he's a man.
Lady Lambdadelta wrote:
Exilon wrote:
Interesting though, that instead of looking into Cupcake's Iso you're looking into mine trying to discredit me by implying my opinion on someone's Iso is invalid because my own Iso shows lack of activity.
This. Lady Lambdadelta chooses to attack him while completely dropping the defense on Cupcake. Doesn't make sense.

I could see what LL is talking about when the elemnts are mentioned and the three goddesses being their protectors, but then, according to that, shouldn't everyone have an element?

Not everyone will have an element, because not all races in this game are part of the 3 sacred ones. Link would not have an element, nor would Princess Zelda. Nor would Ganondorf, Inigo, Malon, Talon, Impah, and of the Kakariko Village people.

There are races without elements because they don't figure into the big 3.
Lies. Link would be light, as would Zelda, Ingo, Malon, and Talon. Hylians=light. That's why the "light temple" is in Hyrule Town. And Kakariko would be fire, and Ganondorf would be spirit, until he transformed into Ganon, when he would probably be considered shadow.
Lady Lambdadelta wrote:And if this is true, I see nothing wrong with that part of Cupcake's claim.

Also, when Cupcake almost had a chicken jump her... a /BLUE FORCE FIELD/ appeared.

That blue force field is commonly known as Nayru's love. Check out the game (video game) if you don't believe me.
Yes, because dram and reck would totally confirm town via mod flavor.
Lady Lambdadelta wrote:
Blooderection wrote:
LLD wrote:Vanish in flashy blue particles...?

I'm fairly sure that's equal to a force field. Sorry I wasn't specific enough.
Thats a bit of a stretch to assume they are the same. I'm not saying they aren't, but you're a little too sure.
LLD wrote: Though I do agree that I'm scummy in every way possible, no matter what my role is XD
Don't try to laugh off legitimate accusations. Scummy.

LLD needs to die. I'm willing to let Le Cup ride for the moment, although I am not totally convinced.

Unvote
Vote: LLD

lol, have you ever disagreed with Ythan on anything? It's clear to me you're his scum partner.

Scum List:
Ythan
BE
O HAI SCUM. I G2G NAO C U LATIR
Wonderful way to set up the pointing out of your own meta, except for a teensy tiny problem: the meta your pointed to is shotty's, not gandalf's, and as was already stated by gandalf himself:
GandalfIzSik wrote:
Lady Lambdadelta wrote:
GandalfIzSik wrote:also finally the two heads agree,
vote LL

Reason for the vote, if you please?
Don't expect one from shotty. I'm pretty sure he's just going along with whatever I tell him. >.> Let me get something up here.
Meta fail there.
GandalfIzSik wrote:
DTMaster wrote:4. Oi Gandalf this post is way terrible for the reasons outlined earlier. If you want to prove Chess' townieness we'd let him kill himself. If he's town it's more productive to do that rather then instant lynch the guy who can prove his alignment.
I don't think we should lose two power roles to get chess out of the game when we could just get rid of him. That said, I'm currently all for leaving him alive until MC.

I absolutely HATE when people give me crap about my softclaiming. IGNORE IT FOR CHRISSAKE.
There's a reason I'm doing it, find other reasons to lynch me, but softclaiming is a NULLTELL.
And..... I thought DTM was the one who made a case on me? Or was it Dekes?
No. Softclaims are too important to ignore. the fact you are trying to get us to ignore it says to me that you didn't fully think your "claim" through, and need time to either formulate a convincing fakeclaim or actually thought about it. Which you think I am leaning more towards? (Hint: It doesn't look good for you.)

And the rest of their posts have some part of what I have already mentioned that has made me suspicious of them in the first place.
Looking for experienced designers to help me design
SONY MAFIA
, a sequel to my Nintendo Mafia game!

Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Welcome to the Haystack
Pronoun: She

Post Post #1703 (ISO) » Tue Oct 19, 2010 8:36 pm

Post by Ythan »

has Cupcake still not more-claimed?
jmj3000
jmj3000
Mafia Scum
jmj3000
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1704 (ISO) » Tue Oct 19, 2010 8:39 pm

Post by jmj3000 »

The other three wagona in the morning.
Looking for experienced designers to help me design
SONY MAFIA
, a sequel to my Nintendo Mafia game!

Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack
Welcome to the Haystack
Pronoun: She

Post Post #1705 (ISO) » Tue Oct 19, 2010 8:41 pm

Post by Ythan »

I like that Cupcake and Lady are both on the GiS wagon, one after the other.
ZONEACE
ZONEACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE
ZONEACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE
There's no F in ZONEFACE

Post Post #1706 (ISO) » Wed Oct 20, 2010 4:42 am

Post by ZONEACE »

Sorry about being the worst person ever. I'm here. I've fallen behind in all my games and am trying to catch up.
Late twenties, early Thursdays
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1707 (ISO) » Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:10 am

Post by chesskid3 »

jmj is scum too, btw.
Papa Zito - "Your signature has been blanked...we remove signatures at a users request if said signature references them, or if it quotes from a thread in the Speakeasy, which is not allowed without permission of the poster"
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1708 (ISO) » Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:13 am

Post by RayFrost »

jmj, I'm seeing a whole lot of tet without a whole lot of who's scum and why.

Care to give?
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1709 (ISO) » Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:45 am

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

Well I spent most of the other day with the mods and it went something like this...

Albert: So guys, who's the scum?
*reck looks at dram*
*dram draws a blank expression*
Albert: Is it Ythan? Is it Lady Lambada?
*silence*

I haven't found anything....but reck did start picking his nose when I mentioned Lady Lambada....could be a tell, or could be nothing at all.
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
RayFrost
RayFrost
Survivor
RayFrost
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1710 (ISO) » Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:55 am

Post by RayFrost »

Hey Albert, I loved you more when you were aggressive and shit.

What's changed?
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1711 (ISO) » Wed Oct 20, 2010 9:29 am

There's no point in leading a bandwagon with this many players in the game. Be patient and let the chips fall where they may and you might be gladly surprised.
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
BrookylnConstruction
BrookylnConstruction
Goon
BrookylnConstruction
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1712 (ISO) » Wed Oct 20, 2010 9:32 am

Post by BrookylnConstruction »

Albert B. Rampage wrote:There's no point in leading a bandwagon with this many players in the game. Be patient and let the chips fall where they may and you might be gladly surprised.
I'll be giddy with joy when this happens.
mothrax
mothrax
Mafia Scum
mothrax
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1713 (ISO) » Wed Oct 20, 2010 10:00 am

Post by mothrax »

How have I not been prodded? I will catch up tonight.
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix
Pronoun: She/Faer

Post Post #1714 (ISO) » Wed Oct 20, 2010 10:54 am

Post by Lady Lambdadelta »

Hinduragi wrote:Top wagon is that thing of fail that is the GIS wagon.
Substrike wrote:I don't know why you'd use a protect all ability on day one, assuming we're buying the role claim. And I don't buy a "why not" as an answer to "why". There are clearly all sorts of flavor speculations jumping around right now and hers is just adding fuel to the fire. The fact is, I agree with the people suggesting that there may be safe claims given to scum.
While we're still going for the top lynch, I'd like to show everyone that his reasons just flipped from "Active lurking" and not posting good content to "Well, I agree with Ythan's arguement that her claim is shit and I am voting her for active lurking". The catch is he's only mentioned active lurking until now. Why? He doesn't want to be outed early on. Now, if you AGREE that there are safe claims, then why would you vote for someone based on their claim? To push a mislynch. "Hers is just adding fuel to the fire". Oh, so another reason that you're pushing her lynch is to eliminate flavor speculation? That makes sense.

Yo LL, are you voting GIS based on solely a contradiction? Are there any other reasons you think he may be scum?

I'm basing my vote on a few things.

First off, I'd rather see Ythan lynched, but we've determined that Ythan/Me/Cupcake is null for today, and that road is not worth pushing.

I am now pushing for a GIS lynch, because of several contradictions, including the one I pointed out.

Also, I feel that Gandalf is trying to play up Shotty's VI status too much. Why would you Hydra with him, if you're just going to bash him for being a VI? It seems to me like he's doing it to cover for shotty's mistakes. The only reason you would do that, is if you were scum.

Thirdly, and I know this isn't a good reason to lynch someone, but I don't trust Gandalf/Shotty in a vanilla-less game, to use their power effectively, and for town benefit. Also, their softclaims so far have just been weird.

Do you need more reasons? I can read his ISO again, and find more evidence if needed.
Yes my Lord, but questions are dangerous, for they have answers.

13 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you,
click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra, Airna, Fiadh and Laoise.
Soar on wings of retribution and set the world ablaze
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1715 (ISO) » Wed Oct 20, 2010 11:45 am

LL, what is the case on substrike and what do you think about it?
Substrike22
Substrike22
Goon
Substrike22
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1716 (ISO) » Wed Oct 20, 2010 12:36 pm

Post by Substrike22 »

Hinduragi wrote:Top wagon is that thing of fail that is the GIS wagon.
Substrike wrote:I don't know why you'd use a protect all ability on day one, assuming we're buying the role claim. And I don't buy a "why not" as an answer to "why". There are clearly all sorts of flavor speculations jumping around right now and hers is just adding fuel to the fire. The fact is, I agree with the people suggesting that there may be safe claims given to scum.
While we're still going for the top lynch, I'd like to show everyone that his reasons just flipped from "Active lurking" and not posting good content to "Well, I agree with Ythan's arguement that her claim is shit and I am voting her for active lurking". The catch is he's only mentioned active lurking until now. Why? He doesn't want to be outed early on. Now, if you AGREE that there are safe claims, then why would you vote for someone based on their claim? To push a mislynch. "Hers is just adding fuel to the fire". Oh, so another reason that you're pushing her lynch is to eliminate flavor speculation? That makes sense.

Yo LL, are you voting GIS based on solely a contradiction? Are there any other reasons you think he may be scum?
No, my vote is still there for active lurking. You asked me what I thought of the claim, so I told you. If you want me to link you to your own question, I'll be happy to do so, but I figure you can go look it up yourself. I answered the question that you asked, giving my opinion on the question you asked, and now you're saying that's scummy? That's suspicious in and of itself.

Ythan's guess at Cupcake's claim is just as good as Cupcake's claim, due to the theory that Scum have safe claims. Therefore it's a null on my vote. I'm inclined to side with Ythan on a "what I would do" basis, but that's a WIFOM argument. Therefore, my vote is on Cupcake for her active lurking. 96 posts, most without content. = scum.
zwetschenwasser
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
zwetschenwasser
Doktor der Musik
Doktor der Musik

Post Post #1717 (ISO) » Wed Oct 20, 2010 12:36 pm

Post by zwetschenwasser »

Blooderection wrote:
Albert B. Rampage wrote:There's no point in leading a bandwagon with this many players in the game. Be patient and let the chips fall where they may and you might be gladly surprised.
I'll be giddy with joy when this happens.
In the meantime...
UW Huskies Class of 2014!
Spontaneous Bastard Mafia II is accepting replacements.
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix
Pronoun: She/Faer

Post Post #1718 (ISO) » Wed Oct 20, 2010 1:18 pm

Post by Lady Lambdadelta »

Substrike22 wrote:VOTE: chesskid3

You're not contributing in any meaningful way. Jester?

Also, I was always a Squirtle guy, so fuck your super effective bullshit. :)
Untrod Tripod wrote:are you really taking a page four claim seriously?
QFT.

I agree with Ythan on the Mothrax point, I think that deserves clarification.

I also fail to see JaBOC's scuminess.

Substrike has claimed to be a supporter of the Cupcake lynch. However, before he even starts on this train of thought, he was originally pressing for CH3's lynch.

Throughout his ISO, it is the opinion of Substrike that CH3 is probably a JESTER. This speculation is seen even in the same post as his VOTE on CH3. A huge contradiction.

Contradiction: In general terms, why would you want to lynch a Jester? It's illogical. It is to the benefit of neither town NOR scum. Ergo, it is hard for me to believe he thinks CH3 is a Jester, and keeps his vote on him.

I have
3 explanations for this act:

1. This is a way for scum to hold their vote, while they lurk to the next day. Not many questions will be raised concerning his vote, when its been placed this strategically on the wagon. When the Chesskid wagon collapsed, he could no longer hold his vote safely there, and removed it in favor of Cupcake (I'll discuss this after).

2. Look at the following post:
Substrike22 wrote: It's my understanding that lynching a Jester either meets that person's win condition, or
penalizes the town
(or person who lynches them) in some way if they're lynched?
Bolded part is interesting. If you believe that lynching a potential jester could penalize the town, why was your vote on him?

3. -insert mandatory Substrike is confused town argument- Do I need to explain further? He could just be speculating for no reason. I do it a lot myself >.<

Now, onto his Cupcake "case". I airquote "case" because there isn't much to be seen. Looking at his ISO, he makes one comment about how she is active lurking, and then re-iterates it. About 10 times.

There is no other reasoning given. The only point Substrike ever addresses is Cupcake's active lurking, even when called out upon it, as seen here:
Substrike22 wrote:
Hinduragi wrote:
Substrike:

You're voting Cupcake solely for active lurking? What do you think of his/her softclaim? Cupcake has 92 posts, whereas you have 24. Again, why do you think his/her active lurking is worse than your own?
24 posts with content > 12 posts of content + 80 completely irrelevant ones. (content for her increased a little during the LLD argument, imo)

I don't know why you'd use a protect all ability on day one, assuming we're buying the role claim. And I don't buy a "why not" as an answer to "why". There are clearly all sorts of flavor speculations jumping around right now and hers is just adding fuel to the fire. The fact is, I agree with the people suggesting that there may be safe claims given to scum.

I don't see what I've been doing as active lurking. I've picked my case, made it, and I don't have a good reason to move my vote at this time. If all the other town reads I have want to lynch GIS today, fine. But Cupcake is scum and that's where my vote will be. GIS warrants a (preferable) vig or (not-preferable) investigation, given the VI Hydra status.

Obviously, I'm ignoring the tiny bit of flavor speculation in the middle, which fails the answer any questions about Cupcake's guilt in his eyes ANYWAY.

That's about all I can find on the case against Substrike Albert.

My personal thoughts on the matter is kind of... unknown. >.< Up until this post, I hadn't even known there was a case on Substrike... I hadn't seen him post much of anything, so I didn't consider him.

The points I raised above certainly make me feel more confident in a Substrike lynch. I still kind of like GIS over him, simply because I find GIS to be impossible to reason with, town or scum (more likely scum). At least with Substrike (when he's here) you can get valid arguments/information out of him.

However, I would not object to having GIS become vigbait, and lynching Substrike. (seeing as we have given up on Ythan today >.<) So long as GIS dies too.
Yes my Lord, but questions are dangerous, for they have answers.

13 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you,
click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra, Airna, Fiadh and Laoise.
Soar on wings of retribution and set the world ablaze
DTMaster
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1719 (ISO) » Wed Oct 20, 2010 6:48 pm

Post by DTMaster »

K catch up game.

1. kdub: That statement about Rayfrost seems contradictory. I recall Rayfrost played to your "town meta" as scum in both his normal and hydra account as Ed Frost. Can you back that up with meta links?

I believe mine are: Linked Role Mafia restarted after Kaiyruu found an imbalanced game in the original setup and Disgaea Mafia 1 (found in my wiki and can be linked if not)

2. Exlion, a thing that bothers me is: what's the difference between Ythan and LLD's flavour aguments. From what I understand LLD's stance was: there wasn't anything contradictory to the Nayru claim but it is possible that Cupcake-scum exists via fake claim. The rest of the argument: that you find her scummy is fine (ihmo the connections argument though seems lazy witnessed by Brr mafia where laziness of connection argument was a reason the game was lost but that's from personal meta)

3. Substrike: There isn't a contradiction in your post which is not the problem when you read it over. What the problem is your explanation on why you kept your vote on cupcake:

a. You mentioned that you voted cupcake originally for lurking which is fine. But you did not do any follow up from the lurker vote (i.e pressure/attack/etc). You commented on the arguments in the claiming situation and stated that it was not useful. But this didn't change your vote.

b. Now the transition from: You voted him for lurking -> flavour arguments weren't informative -> keeping your vote doesn't logically flow. It doesn't read like a townie actively trying to scum hunt and get activity out of the lurkers.

You tack on the fact that Cupcake is still scummy (some how) but Ythan's agressiveness is making you mad. But you don't elaborate on why Cupcake is scummy. This doesn't read as actual scum hunting, rather it reads as someone tacking on a reason to their vote.

If you condense your reasoning for why you voted cupcake it was:

a. You voted Cupcake because she was lurking at the beginning.
b. She is scummy.

But if you read the post you also have the following statements:
a. Flavour arguments weren't useful.
b. Ythan is being overly aggressive which is causing poor play due to it.
c. Fate is doing the same
d. You agree with the statements about Gandalf.

What's missing is
a. What you think of Cupcake now that she's posted a ton of content because your argument for a is invalid now.
b. Why after all the debate she is scummy because you don't connect the arguments that were done to a scum case.

Hence noise done with observations of playstyle and agreeing with other people's cases when you don't advance your own.

Posting this now so Substrike can comment. Follow up continues.
DTMaster
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1720 (ISO) » Wed Oct 20, 2010 7:05 pm

Post by DTMaster »

1. @Gandalf
I've been over this. The cases that chess is town I won't go over since it's self explainatory. The case where chess is scum
works in our favour on who he vanillizes
. Think of it like this:

Chess-scum-team is trading in removing power roles by
confirming their targets as not as the same faction as chess which works towards clearing townies
. If there are multiple factions, chess can hit opposing scum. If it's a single faction
we are having cleared townies on the run simply through claiming

Run blocks/redirect scenarios in your head. If that happens we know who's telling the truth and we can use wagon analysis for that. Chess' role works on so many levels to clear/discredit people based on if he is successful or not that night action analysis can crack the game open. The key words lie in:

The vanilliazing effect and suicide clause.

2. I don't understand where this boss term keeps popping up. Since when was a race a boss? I thought it was like Fairy or Hylain, or Zora.

@Substrike
1. Except that Cupcake has been responsive to Ythan's flavour attacks. If you consider the arguments: it's natural to combat flavour with flavour if you were attacked solely based on flavour arguments -> hence the whole spammage.

If you found the whole flavour thing to be garbage to read through, why are you picking Cupcake out of the mess specifically?

I'm tired and I have a few self notes left to do. I'm ending it here for now.
DTMaster
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
DTMaster
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1721 (ISO) » Wed Oct 20, 2010 7:12 pm

Post by DTMaster »

Also self note I haven't come across many posts by these people. Do an Iso read. DTM out:
1. Untrod Tripod
6. Kairyuu
14. diddin ZONEACE replaced D1
16. Dekes
18. mothrax
27. bunnylover
28. Aikage
chesskid3
chesskid3
Survivor
chesskid3
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1722 (ISO) » Wed Oct 20, 2010 11:24 pm

Post by chesskid3 »

DTM, vanillizing doesn't change faction ever
Papa Zito - "Your signature has been blanked...we remove signatures at a users request if said signature references them, or if it quotes from a thread in the Speakeasy, which is not allowed without permission of the poster"
Dekes
Dekes
Mafia Scum
Dekes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1723 (ISO) » Thu Oct 21, 2010 1:00 am

Post by Dekes »

Bunnylover wrote:@Dekes:
Its true, I haven't said who I find suspicious or scummy. But I like to point out your contradiction. You say I haven't suspected anyone, but in that same sentence you say I suspected Ythan, but said I played that off. I suspected Ythan, I was given a reason why my suspicion was on him, due to his play style. Where have I fence sat?
Bunnylover wrote:Im getting a scum vibe from Ythan, but I believe thats because of his way of posting which is like I'm higher and smarter then you, so please just get in your corner and cry =/.
Bunnylover wrote:I think Ythan scumminess is associated with his one liner play style.[...]
Unless I have missed a case that you made on him, I'm leaning on Ythan been a null tell.
This is your train of process regarding your suspicion towards Ythan. That is not taking a stance, that is fencesitting. You didn't even vote him, why are you so afraid to vote somebody in such a big game? The only persons you voted for were the biggest wagons. Scummy as hell.
Bunnylover wrote:Lack of Scumhunt? That part is true. Which is why in my previous post I questioned Aikage, because I don't understand why someone ask, "Hey let get a wagon started on this person," But he doesn't vote for that said person. I'm not great at scum hunting, but I'm trying. Also, their are 28 players, and your saying I'm the only one who isn't scum hunting?
Because you have the highest ratio of posts/non scumhinting. Instead of pointing to others why don't you get on and hunt scum?
Bunnylover wrote:But I feel comfortable with my vote on you, until someone who I find reeking of scum comes along. I wouldn't worry about anything though, I doubt my vote will stay on you enough for you to be lynch.
He has around 10 votes on him, is by far the biggest wagon and deadline is ~72 hours from now. What makes you think he's not in danger of getting lynched?
And are you saying that in 70 pages who don't have any suspects at all?

Your play only leaves three conclusions. You're either

a) insecure town, afraid of attacking people and only sheeping the biggest wagons,
b) lazy town, not reading the thread carefully and only popping in for one or two useless questions, but this
Bunnylover wrote:Now do you understand why I'm checking this thread like every 30 minutes.
makes me doubt it, or
c) scum.

In either case you're just useless to town. You're lucky for now that others are scummier at the moment, but if there's a vig, I implore him to take care of you (though there are lot of options at the moment). Otherwise I'm going after you tomorrow.

I'm with Nikanor. If GIS hopes to have a slight chance of avoiding rope he needs to claim his role now with deadline in less than three days.

@Substrike
Really? I said in my last post you keep on appearing only to defend your Cupcake vote and you just proved my point. Do you have any other suspects at all? Anyway,

Unvote; Vote: Substrike

However, while his vote for Cupcake is for the wrong reasons, that doesn't change the fact, that Cupcake is again avoiding this thread now that they're not in any danger of being lynched.
Does anybody know who the other head of Cupcake is? Because Katsuki is merrily posting in the forums again and not posting here. I don't care if her other posts are only small posts, the fact remains that the only thing Cupcake posted in this thread in the last week was one post, where they admitted to sheeping Fate and hopping on the GIS wagon and one post where she said she needed to catch up in this thread. That's such and age old excuse for scum to avoid any committment to the thread. You don't have to re-read the whole thread in order to contribute to this thread. I don't see how anyone can see Cupcake as town, all flavor issues aside.
Reckamonic
Reckamonic
Goon
Reckamonic
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1724 (ISO) » Thu Oct 21, 2010 5:06 am

Post by Reckamonic »

BIG DADDY: "Sweetie?"
PLUSHIE: "Yesh?"
BIG DADDY: "You DID send out that mass prod the other day, right?"
PLUSHIE: "...No? I thought you were gonna do it?"
BIG DADDY: "No! I told you to do it! *sigh* Well, let's just go use the prodder to see who needs prods."
PLUSHIE: "Wait... the prodder is down..."
BIG DADDY: "And now MafiaScum is down too..."
BOTH: "FFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU--"

Le Cupcake (2): Substrike22, Ythan, Untrod Tripod
Lady Lambdadelta (4): Kairyuu, GandalfIzSik, Blooderection
Mafuyu (1): "Fluffy", Aikage
Blooderection (2): mothrax, Chronopie
GandalfIzSik (8): KDub, zwetschenwasser, RayFrost, Fate, ABR, Le Cupcake, Lady Lambdadelta, Exilon, Bunnylover
Nikanor (1): Mafuyu
Substrike22 (6): Hinduragi, chesskid3, DTMaster, JaBOC, Nikanor, Dekes

Not voting: jmj3000, ZONEACE, jenniwren

With 28 alive, it takes 14 to lynch!
Oh and by the way, deadline is the 24th.
Searching for a replacement for Kairyuu, and prodding jenniwren & Untrod Tripod
Last edited by Reckamonic on Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
._.
meeeeeeep?

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”