Furcolow
Furcolow
To Be Frank
Furcolow
To Be Frank
To Be Frank

Post Post #200 (ISO) » Wed Oct 20, 2010 10:04 am

Post by Furcolow »

I would like all investigators to read my post #180, especially MoI, and address it/take a stance on whether or not benmage should kill fate.

I'll tally a vote. Should BenMage kill Fate N1?
I vote yes.

yes: (1/28)
no: (0/28)
not voting: (27/28)
Lost Butterfly
Lost Butterfly
Mafia Scum
Lost Butterfly
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #201 (ISO) » Wed Oct 20, 2010 10:05 am

Post by Lost Butterfly »

Seriously this pissing match is stupid, I don't care which of you has the biggest dick. I think Fate's town from his reaction - his reaction here really reminds me of Cross Edge bastard. He also sounds genuinely pissed off which I think he's more likely to be as town.

Triglav needs more votes, by the by. Let's not have all this distract us from the scum in front of us.
Mafiascum Fantasy Camp 2 - Day 7 ongoing
Fate
Fate
:HAPPY:
Fate

Post Post #202 (ISO) » Wed Oct 20, 2010 10:07 am

Post by Fate »

MOD: If everyone choose Sadism, the game would become unplayable. You haz Counter???
Fate is absurdly beautiful. 運命に弄ばれる
"Fate you keep alternating between narratives of doing it for fun and doing it for the sake of winning"
Furcolow
Furcolow
To Be Frank
Furcolow
To Be Frank
To Be Frank

Post Post #203 (ISO) » Wed Oct 20, 2010 10:08 am

Post by Furcolow »

please vote on benmage going through with the kill
a simple yes or no doesnt take much energy
i want this to be gone over as a town. it is obviously the most pressing issue.
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #204 (ISO) » Wed Oct 20, 2010 10:11 am

Post by Fate »

Furcolow:

He's not going to do what we vote on regardless. This is because he thinks his own choice is more pro-town than everyone elses and he is god's gift to earth.
"Fate you keep alternating between narratives of doing it for fun and doing it for the sake of winning"
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #205 (ISO) » Wed Oct 20, 2010 10:14 am

Post by Benmage »

Of course my opinion is best only I know myself to be town.
"ITT Benmage is making Shakespeare look cool. I need to bring you to my high school." -Vi
"If i must blantantly follow somone a player cannot do better than blindly following benmage" - tubby216
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #206 (ISO) » Wed Oct 20, 2010 10:16 am

Post by Benmage »

Benmage wrote:Of course my opinion is best only I know myself to be town.
Err I hate phone posting...at work now....I only know my alignment, not others so I don't adhere usually to other influences....and yes I think highly of my abilities.
"ITT Benmage is making Shakespeare look cool. I need to bring you to my high school." -Vi
"If i must blantantly follow somone a player cannot do better than blindly following benmage" - tubby216
Lost Butterfly
Lost Butterfly
Mafia Scum
Lost Butterfly
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #207 (ISO) » Wed Oct 20, 2010 10:18 am

Post by Lost Butterfly »

Aaaaaaaaaaaah!

I'm in 100% agreement with my other head here.

Shut up. Shut the fuck up, both of you.

I should be trying to catch up on this game right now and looking for the scum. Instead I have to waste time tearing my hair out and keeping my blood pressure from rising. Why? BECAUSE YOU'RE BEING FUCKING IMMATURE IDIOTS WHO'VE MONOPOLIZED THE DISCUSSION AND MADE THE LAST FEW PAGES A SOUL-CRUSHING CHORE TO READ!

Seriously. You do not realize that the LAST FIVE PAGES have been nothing but you two name-calling each other? You do not realize that that's pretty fucking sad? Some of us are here to play Mafia, not eat popcorn and watch a flame war.

I'll give Fate a few points in this stupid pissing contest and say 1) no, he doesn't deserve to be policy-lynched/murdered, and 2) stalking him N0 was extremely antitown. And if you can just murder him tonight anyway, Benmage, then why are you even wasting your breath?

But...stop. Please. Otherwise, I'd be in favour of forced replacements.

The saddest part is that I'm getting town reads on both of you, and you're both good enough players to accomplish awesome things if you just LET THIS GO!

</rant>
Mafiascum Fantasy Camp 2 - Day 7 ongoing
Furcolow
Furcolow
To Be Frank
Furcolow
To Be Frank
To Be Frank

Post Post #208 (ISO) » Wed Oct 20, 2010 10:25 am

Post by Furcolow »

Benmage wrote:
Err I hate phone posting...at work now....I only know my alignment, not others so I don't adhere usually to other influences....and yes I think highly of my abilities.
so you're claiming the majority is not going to be town? when you say that you "don't adhere to other influences", if the entire player list voted, it would be 75% town. It would also show us alignment based upon voting, and this issue is very polarizing so it would help us get information.

encouraging you all to vote on whether or not he should do the kill
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #209 (ISO) » Wed Oct 20, 2010 10:30 am

Post by Fate »

Actually, Seacore is very town. I read his posts more closely.

I have one hidden suspect but the mod needs to show up and clarify the Ward action and other things. I'll be back later tonight.
Furcolow
Furcolow
To Be Frank
Furcolow
To Be Frank
To Be Frank

Post Post #210 (ISO) » Wed Oct 20, 2010 10:34 am

Post by Furcolow »

i can clarify the ward action...
warding = you don't hear noise
getting warded = you hear noise
warding someone who is warding = counteracting wards
warding prevents actions listed in terms of roleblocking, but is not a cure-all roleblock. it does not prevent murders/rituals.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #211 (ISO) » Wed Oct 20, 2010 10:36 am

Post by Benmage »

Fate, can you do the town a favor and go ahead and perform the action of Ward tonight.
Furcolow
Furcolow
To Be Frank
Furcolow
To Be Frank
To Be Frank

Post Post #212 (ISO) » Wed Oct 20, 2010 10:42 am

Post by Furcolow »

for what? why do you want him to ward? he cant prevent anything but fetishes and shit. do wards resolve before kills? im going to go look.
El Goosuki
El Goosuki
Goon
El Goosuki
Goon
Goon

Post Post #213 (ISO) » Wed Oct 20, 2010 10:42 am

Post by El Goosuki »

Someone needs to clarify whether ward is moreso a RB or a doc protect, as this head here read it as a doc protect.
Furcolow
Furcolow
To Be Frank
Furcolow
To Be Frank
To Be Frank

Post Post #214 (ISO) » Wed Oct 20, 2010 10:43 am

Post by Furcolow »

oh, nice, ward is numero uno.
yeah, fate, ward or res plz
Furcolow
Furcolow
To Be Frank
Furcolow
To Be Frank
To Be Frank

Post Post #215 (ISO) » Wed Oct 20, 2010 10:44 am

Post by Furcolow »

El Goosuki wrote:Someone needs to clarify whether ward is moreso a RB or a doc protect, as this head here read it as a doc protect.
resuscitate is a doc protect (somewhat, cult can use dust or 2/3rds of their numbers [rounded up] to ritual and make it require two res to protect). Ward isn't RB except on CERTAIN actions. I addressed this. Learn to read.
Furcolow wrote:i can clarify the ward action...
warding prevents actions listed in terms of roleblocking, but is not a cure-all roleblock. it does not prevent murders/rituals.
no kidding, though, this was like two posts above yours.
kunkstar7
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #216 (ISO) » Wed Oct 20, 2010 10:44 am

Post by kunkstar7 »

Ward can only rb Stalk, Craft Fetish, and Pass Fetish if I recall correctly. (I think you can ward a dead person too :o )
Welcome to the Network.
Furcolow
Furcolow
To Be Frank
Furcolow
To Be Frank
To Be Frank

Post Post #217 (ISO) » Wed Oct 20, 2010 10:47 am

Post by Furcolow »

kunkstar7 wrote:Ward can only rb Stalk, Craft Fetish, and Pass Fetish if I recall correctly. (I think you can ward a dead person too :o )
yeah, for rob grave, i forgot about that.
also, we need to pick people to rob graves. I elect benmage, as he already has an insanity.
kunkstar7
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #218 (ISO) » Wed Oct 20, 2010 10:52 am

Post by kunkstar7 »

Why are we deciding grave robbers already? That decision should remain until we have a list of possible murderers/cultist we want to shut down, and we have bodies to rob in the first place.
Welcome to the Network.
AurorusVox
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #219 (ISO) » Wed Oct 20, 2010 10:58 am

Post by AurorusVox »

Woah. I saw the pages increase rapidly as I caught-up, and most of it was a stupid cockfight. Seems to have settled down now.

Vox's Epic Catchup Post of Win

MagnaofIllusion wrote:Anyone want to volunteer as to not hearing noises N0?
I did not hear noise. I did not ward.
hitogoroshi wrote:I have a question for everyone: What is your Stars Aligned experience?
SA virgin =3

Regarding Furcolow

Furcolow wrote:As a result of your continued push based upon recent evidence that I am town, I'm going to:
Vote: MoI
until he unvotes me,
This struck me as anti-town (it was later retracted, but was this because Fur didn't want to look anti-town, or because he didn't want to
be
anti-town?)
Furcolow wrote:as I feel I am as close to being confirmed after a N0 as is humanly possible unless someone decided to admit they stalked someone and kill them tomorrow.
I don't believe in "degrees" of confirmage. Either you're confirmed or you're not, and Furcolow, you are not. I'll go into this more in a moment.
Furcolow wrote:Don't be greedy, guys. If you all stalked, please don't make a second kill. There are like 75% investigators, we have an easy win if you guys
don't
get selfish.
Whilst this plea looks pro-town on first glance, it makes me worried that Fur is already planning on going the killer route. By stressing that town can win if they band together, by stressing that no one needs to make a second kill - if he then goes on to become a murderer, he may have dissuaded some people from taking that route, thus increasing his chances. Moreover, finding out who stalked also tells him who his competition could be later in the game.
hitogoroshi wrote:Furc: I did in fact miss that El had heard noise. Sup confirmed townie.
[...]
Benmage: You're not confirmed town. You could be scum who used Craft Fetish on Fate.
Why does El hearing noise confirm Furc? Fate heard a noise and Ben claims to have targetted Fate, but you say that he could use Craft Fetish. Why can't Furc have used Craft Fetish?

It is POSSIBLE that he Stalked but didn't want to admit it yet, was caught in Lynch All Liars, appealed to the mod in desperation, and was fortunate that the rules had changed. Admittedly, that is a stretch (besides, in my opinion scum would have more likely said "Oh wait I stalked, whoops wrong thing!"), but it IS possible. In Hito's "confirm" he only mentions that El heard noise, not the fact that Furc
didn't
hear noise. It looks a little suspect, as does the fact that Furc is constantly affirming how great Hito is - but Hito is otherwise giving me a townie vibe and Furc has actually otherwise had some good pro-town moves:
Furcolow wrote:also, the fact benmage is claiming stalk but trying to wagon fate makes him not confirmed town to me
makes him actually lean scum. why would town want to wagon the person they stalked? that's counter-productive.
Lost Butterfly wrote:And if you can just murder him tonight anyway, Benmage, then why are you even wasting your breath?
^These are both very valid points, I don't get why Benmage would want to stalk AND lynch the person. You do one or the other, or else you're wasting something somewhere.
Furcolow wrote:BenMage you are not confirmed unless you carry out your vig
If he crafted a fetish on Fate, even if Fate died, how would we know it was a murder and not a Ritual that had taken place?
Furcolow wrote:I'll tally a vote. Should BenMage kill Fate N1?
I'll answer when I've had that above question cleared up.

Lost Butterfly wrote:Seriously this pissing match is stupid, I don't care which of you has the biggest dick. I think Fate's town from his reaction [...] He also sounds genuinely pissed off which I think he's more likely to be as town.
^Again, I agree with this. It's irritating to read, but it does make Fate seem townier. I'm more willing to trust reading his reaction than some historical-meta that I don't really have a grasp of.
LostButterfly wrote:Triglav needs more votes, by the by. Let's not have all this distract us from the scum in front of us.
What's the case on Triglav? He's only posted once, right? I didn't see anything that stuck out as superscummy...

@Benmage

Why do you think Fate would NOT have crafted your Fetish? If he hates you like you say he does, he'd surely have stalked OR crafted your fetish.
Furcolow wrote:if 21 investigators inhibit them 15% everytime... HMM I WONDER.
It's not clearly worth it for them, it is clearly worth it for us from my perspective.
5/7 will be needed for them to even kill past a res, like if I ressed VP Baltar and they ritualled him... it wouldn't work (I don't have a res kit, unfortunately) unless they had 5/7. Where they would have to have 1/7 ressing fate, assuming fate is even cult, then that would leave them to either pick someone to kill who didn't claim they heard noise (otherwise they are likely to be ressed and require 5/7 to go one up on the res via ritual), or they will only have 1 person crafting fetishes, and that one person can only make 2 or gain an insanity which hurts cult that way as well..

therefore, it is even above 15% in terms of inhibiting them, as they have to either run the risk of losing their NK, gaining an insanity if they want a 3rd fetish crafted, or play stupidly.
^All of this is well thought out. Could be a little too well thought out - I'm thinking that this "5/7" would spring to a cultist's mind quicker than it would to a townie. Overall though, I think Furcolow has started the game sided with the town. Whether or not he has intentions of becoming a killer later, I'm not sure...
THE LEMON LIVES! - Cabd
rewq455
rewq455
Goon
rewq455
Goon
Goon

Post Post #220 (ISO) » Wed Oct 20, 2010 10:59 am

Post by rewq455 »

Furcolow wrote:
Benmage wrote:
so you're claiming the majority is not going to be town? when you say that you "don't adhere to other influences", if the entire player list voted, it would be 75% town. It would also show us alignment based upon voting, and this issue is very polarizing so it would help us get information.

encouraging you all to vote on whether or not he should do the kill
... The rules never said how many people are scum

VOTE: Furcolow

From what I have seen of Benmage v Fate, I do not think that Benmage should kill Fate. It is true that they will continue bickering, but I would prefer not to have town killed by something as stupid as the fact that 2 players don't like each other. If anything I think it is scummy that Benmage is trying to use that logic.

Please tell me if I have anything wrong about the relationship between the two, as I just did a quick skim over what has happened.
The man who smiles when things go wrong has thought of someone to blame it on.
Scum who smiles when scum is lynched just led the wagon.

My stats and game links are in my wiki.
AurorusVox
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
AurorusVox
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #221 (ISO) » Wed Oct 20, 2010 11:00 am

Post by AurorusVox »

EBWOP: Eww, sorry that the quotes are ugly. I was overwhelmed by the ninjaz and forgot to check my preview for aesthetics before posting ._."

Oh man, in a post about ninjaz I get ninja'd.

Rew, it states that there are 7 cult.
THE LEMON LIVES! - Cabd
rewq455
rewq455
Goon
rewq455
Goon
Goon

Post Post #222 (ISO) » Wed Oct 20, 2010 11:02 am

Post by rewq455 »

Furcolow wrote:i can clarify the ward action...
Thought my hearing noise was a side-effect of my warding RC. I heard noise.

rewq455
rewq455
Goon
rewq455
Goon
Goon

Post Post #223 (ISO) » Wed Oct 20, 2010 11:02 am

Post by rewq455 »

AurorusVox wrote:EBWOP: Eww, sorry that the quotes are ugly. I was overwhelmed by the ninjaz and forgot to check my preview for aesthetics before posting ._."

Oh man, in a post about ninjaz I get ninja'd.

Rew, it states that there are 7 cult.
Must have missed it. Sorry Furcolow.
UNVOTE: Furcolow

rewq455
rewq455
Goon
rewq455
Goon
Goon

Post Post #224 (ISO) » Wed Oct 20, 2010 11:04 am

Post by rewq455 »

hitogoroshi wrote:Welcome everyone. A few people I know (glad to be playing with Spy and VP), a lot of new faces for me.

I have a question for everyone: What is your Stars Aligned experience? That is, have you played in both 1 and 2, just one of them, or is this your first?

Personally, this is my first Stars Aligned game.

I would appreciate if someone who has played in at least one previous Stars Aligned game would weigh in on the merits of noise-claiming versus not. We know that people who didn't hear noise today won't die tonight, but it also gives the cultists information and I'm not entirely convinced it's in our favor to claim noise. If a player heard noise and WASN'T targeted by cultists, cultists know they were either warded or stalked (or warded someone else.) The benefit to town seems smaller than this, and so I'm leaning towards saying we shouldn't claim noise.
I was in number 2. I think a noise claim at the start of each day is VERY important.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”