Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #175 (ISO) » Wed Oct 20, 2010 9:40 am

Post by Benmage »

Furcolow wrote:
Benmage wrote:
Furcolow wrote:
Furcolow wrote:no. you are carrying out your fucking stalk. you already hurt your lynch threshold when you should have taken something like solist so you can just have a res kit since books and checking for blood are generally fucking useless.

to me, you are the VI, not me, especially if you are going against the simple A.B.C. of this stalk-kill-profit method where you can be confirmed town.

I don't give a fuck if they have to waste manpower ressing fate. 1 of them ressing = only 6/7 of them having actions which drops them by 15% power honestly so that's not that fucking bad either ben
respond to this ben
But they res him, and I gain another insanity...and now everyones like woah is fate town..did ben lie...woah woah wine wine..instead of lynching him, lynching cult, and saving my insanity. Because the following night... what do you think i'm gonna do?

Doesn't a cult only have to resuscitate fate to save him? And easy move. Aint it even suggested by Percy.
BUT THEN THEY LOSE 15% OF THEIR POWER TO CRAFT FETISHES/PARTICIPATE IN THE RITUAL DUMBASS
Uhhhh to save a partner...clearly worth it, lol.
"ITT Benmage is making Shakespeare look cool. I need to bring you to my high school." -Vi
"If i must blantantly follow somone a player cannot do better than blindly following benmage" - tubby216
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #176 (ISO) » Wed Oct 20, 2010 9:41 am

Post by Benmage »

Fate wrote:Leave Ben, then just fucking leave and I'll talk with the rest of the grown ups about who is ACTUALLY scum.

You're not getting me lynched today, so fucking stop it if you want this mafia game to carry out as normal.
I'm pushing on a know cult. Others will weigh in and realize this. Just cause the 4 people present haven't come to the conclusion don't mean you'll live. But I do have to be going to work shortly.
"ITT Benmage is making Shakespeare look cool. I need to bring you to my high school." -Vi
"If i must blantantly follow somone a player cannot do better than blindly following benmage" - tubby216
Fate
Fate
:HAPPY:
Fate

Post Post #177 (ISO) » Wed Oct 20, 2010 9:41 am

Post by Fate »

Benmage your baseless accusations aren't going to get me lynched.

Quote+FLAIL is more of a scumtell than a real accusation.

FALSEMETA (which everyone with half a mind who's played with me before will come into this thread and realize)+Anti-town night action will not get me lynched.

So yeah, if you are as GOOD AS YOU SAY YOU ARE, look for other fucking scum.
Fate is absurdly beautiful. 運命に弄ばれる
"Fate you keep alternating between narratives of doing it for fun and doing it for the sake of winning"
hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #178 (ISO) » Wed Oct 20, 2010 9:43 am

Post by hitogoroshi »

I asked him to not play in this game. As one person behind the computer screen to another. To try and enjoy this, because it should be epic. But he couldn't rise to the occasion. Luckily he's cult this game. And there is an easy solution.
"Rising to the occasion" is replacing out YOURSELF if you don't like a player, not trying to beat them out of a game you want to play.

Fate: I agree Benmage acted pretty clownish here but it doesn't make your ragespam any less spammy.

Ben: Making them lose an action, lose a res. kit, confirming you as town (unless they decide not to perform the ritual) AND letting us lynch someone else today - that's a pretty sweet deal for the low, low price of one insanity. Seems to me that the biggest reason to oppose that is "I actually used Craft Fetish and not Stalk." Savvy?
"Don’t buy a dozen eggs if you just want a hardboiled egg. Don’t buy a head of lettuce if you just want a salad. Don’t buy eggs and lettuce if you want egg salad because those are not the right ingredients." -Julius Bloop
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #179 (ISO) » Wed Oct 20, 2010 9:46 am

Post by Fate »

Its not spam though, (only inasmuch as half of it not being game-specific related) I'm actually having a VALID argument with Benmage, countering his points, reasoning how the madness that is his mind, and his responses are to cover his ears with his hands like a child and scream real loud.
"Fate you keep alternating between narratives of doing it for fun and doing it for the sake of winning"
Furcolow
Furcolow
To Be Frank
Furcolow
To Be Frank
To Be Frank

Post Post #180 (ISO) » Wed Oct 20, 2010 9:47 am

Post by Furcolow »

Benmage wrote:
Furcolow wrote:
Benmage wrote:
Furcolow wrote:
Furcolow wrote:no. you are carrying out your fucking stalk. you already hurt your lynch threshold when you should have taken something like solist so you can just have a res kit since books and checking for blood are generally fucking useless.

to me, you are the VI, not me, especially if you are going against the simple A.B.C. of this stalk-kill-profit method where you can be confirmed town.

I don't give a fuck if they have to waste manpower ressing fate. 1 of them ressing = only 6/7 of them having actions which drops them by 15% power honestly so that's not that fucking bad either ben
respond to this ben
But they res him, and I gain another insanity...and now everyones like woah is fate town..did ben lie...woah woah wine wine..instead of lynching him, lynching cult, and saving my insanity. Because the following night... what do you think i'm gonna do?

Doesn't a cult only have to resuscitate fate to save him? And easy move. Aint it even suggested by Percy.
BUT THEN THEY LOSE 15% OF THEIR POWER TO CRAFT FETISHES/PARTICIPATE IN THE RITUAL DUMBASS
Uhhhh to save a partner...clearly worth it, lol.
if 21 investigators inhibit them 15% everytime... HMM I WONDER.
It's not clearly worth it for them, it is clearly worth it for us from my perspective.
5/7 will be needed for them to even kill past a res, like if I ressed VP Baltar and they ritualled him... it wouldn't work (I don't have a res kit, unfortunately) unless they had 5/7. Where they would have to have 1/7 ressing fate, assuming fate is even cult, then that would leave them to either pick someone to kill who didn't claim they heard noise (otherwise they are likely to be ressed and require 5/7 to go one up on the res via ritual), or they will only have 1 person crafting fetishes, and that one person can only make 2 or gain an insanity which hurts cult that way as well..

therefore, it is even above 15% in terms of inhibiting them, as they have to either run the risk of losing their NK, gaining an insanity if they want a 3rd fetish crafted, or play stupidly.

wow i agree with hitogoroshi so much here
he kind of beat me to it, even if i was typing it when he did so. he missed a few points, but he hit the nail on the fucking head.

kudos hitogoroshi. love you bro.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #181 (ISO) » Wed Oct 20, 2010 9:48 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Um, I haven't even read this back and forth yet, but both of you shut the fuck up. Seriously. You hate each other outside of the game and this is useless jabbering unrelated to alignments, as much as you are telling yourself it is.
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
sottyrulez
sottyrulez
Mafia Scum
sottyrulez
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #182 (ISO) » Wed Oct 20, 2010 9:48 am

Post by sottyrulez »

Did Benmage ever say what insanity he gained? (There's way too much posting going on right now.)
Furcolow
Furcolow
To Be Frank
Furcolow
To Be Frank
To Be Frank

Post Post #183 (ISO) » Wed Oct 20, 2010 9:48 am

Post by Furcolow »

VP Baltar wrote:Um, I haven't even read this back and forth yet, but both of you shut the fuck up. Seriously. You hate each other outside of the game and this is useless jabbering unrelated to alignments, as much as you are telling yourself it is.
qft
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #184 (ISO) » Wed Oct 20, 2010 9:49 am

Post by Fate »

Suicidal, he takes one less vote to lynch.
Furcolow
Furcolow
To Be Frank
Furcolow
To Be Frank
To Be Frank

Post Post #185 (ISO) » Wed Oct 20, 2010 9:49 am

Post by Furcolow »

sottyrulez wrote:Did Benmage ever say what insanity he gained? (There's way too much posting going on right now.)
suicidal
his lynch-threshold is lowered by one
perhaps he just crafted three fetishes, though.
Furcolow
Furcolow
To Be Frank
Furcolow
To Be Frank
To Be Frank

Post Post #186 (ISO) » Wed Oct 20, 2010 9:49 am

Post by Furcolow »

anyone care to find out which it is?
^^
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #187 (ISO) » Wed Oct 20, 2010 9:52 am

Post by MagnaofIllusion »

To everyone claiming that Fur is 100% cleared – you are deluding yourself.
El Gooski only confirms that he was targeted by some action. It does not guarantee that action was a Ward. It can just as easily be a Craft Fetish action.

The whole Fate versus Benmage spamfest is really making my brain hemmorage.

Benmage wrote: Suicidal...the oneless vote one.
Really? What motivated you to take the insanity that makes it easier to lynch if you are planning to stay Investigator?
VP wrote:I heard noise, which is kind of disconcerting. I think I'm probably a likely target to die early based on my performance last game...which would piss me the hell off since I've been looking forward to this game for awhile now.
As someone who routinely dies well before his time I feel your pain.
VP wrote:I'm kind of curious, so do you think eliminating cult or potential murderers is more critical on Day 1? Why?
Actually given what we know about the Craft Fetish mechanic based on the number of noises that are heard we can make a rough approximation of the number of Stalks that happened. So while not scum-hunting it might be worth some discussion of suspects that Town should look direct their Night actions.
Furc wrote:I have been thinking about it, and I feel MoI would push me regardless of alignment, because he is wrathful
In the future things will go smoother if you’d cut out the rhetoric. What reason do you have to call me wrathful?
Furc wrote:Sorry that you hate me, but I am honestly town, and you kind of even admit it.
Don’t flatter yourself Furc. I don’t hate you. Hate is reserved for people I know in real life who do egregious things to my friends and family. You are a faceless blip on a monitor. You are not worth hate.

How can I admit you are Town if I have no idea about your alignment again?
Furc wrote:Furthermore, since I didn't hear noise last night, and am an investigator, you all need to keep me alive even moreso. I doubt I will be night killed or even passed a fetish, and I feel I am more confirmed than most.
This is why I don’t think you are going to be an asset to Town, regardless of your belief you are confirmed.

1. If you didn’t Hear Noise you can’t be nightkilled. Period.
2. Having a fetish passed to you will do what again? It will give you an insanity. It will not kill you, at least in the short term.
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #188 (ISO) » Wed Oct 20, 2010 9:52 am

Post by Benmage »

hitogoroshi wrote: Ben: Making them lose an action, lose a res. kit, confirming you as town (unless they decide not to perform the ritual) AND letting us lynch someone else today - that's a pretty sweet deal for the low, low price of one insanity. Seems to me that the biggest reason to oppose that is "I actually used Craft Fetish and not Stalk." Savvy?
Maybe i don't understand the full mechanics of the cult...but i'll be more than happy to kill fate tonight.
Furcolow
Furcolow
To Be Frank
Furcolow
To Be Frank
To Be Frank

Post Post #189 (ISO) » Wed Oct 20, 2010 9:54 am

Post by Furcolow »

15 votes on someone is going to be a tall order

MoI address post #180 (if you want to do something useful)
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #190 (ISO) » Wed Oct 20, 2010 9:54 am

Post by Benmage »

MagnaofIllusion wrote:
Benmage wrote: Suicidal...the oneless vote one.
Really? What motivated you to take the insanity that makes it easier to lynch if you are planning to stay Investigator?
This is my first one of these....I don't expect to make it to endgame.

Considering I accepted that I will gain another insanity upon killing fate...I figured this one was least damaging to myself.
Furcolow
Furcolow
To Be Frank
Furcolow
To Be Frank
To Be Frank

Post Post #191 (ISO) » Wed Oct 20, 2010 9:55 am

Post by Furcolow »

ben, if you don't expect to make it to endgame, it should give you even more reason to kill him
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #192 (ISO) » Wed Oct 20, 2010 9:56 am

Post by Fate »

And when I flip town what the fuck will you say Ben?

"Oops, sorry, Fate actually PTW N0 and I did not"

Because I'm waiting for those words.

I'm dying to hear them.

I'm dying to hear how you'll twist them into somehow saying my play was worse than yours, further making yourself look stupid.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #193 (ISO) » Wed Oct 20, 2010 9:56 am

Post by Benmage »

MagnaofIllusion wrote: Really? What motivated you to take the insanity that makes it easier to lynch if you are planning to stay Investigator?
Where's the motivation behind doing this as cult, or someone wanting to be a murderer?

Tell me which of the three would be more likely to accept this insanity?
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #194 (ISO) » Wed Oct 20, 2010 9:58 am

Post by Benmage »

Fate wrote:And when I flip town what the fuck will you say Ben?

"Oops, sorry, Fate actually PTW N0 and I did not"

Because I'm waiting for those words.

I'm dying to hear them.

I'm dying to hear how you'll twist them into somehow saying my play was worse than yours, further making yourself look stupid.
I asked you not to play in this game. It wasn't that unreasonable. There are lots of games I passed on in just for seeing your name. I tried to act cool, and work this out in a PM...and you proved your worthlessness. All my statements about you have been true. Had you been town, you'd have stalked me. G-G cult.
Benmage
Benmage
Survivor
Benmage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #195 (ISO) » Wed Oct 20, 2010 9:59 am

Post by Benmage »

Furcolow wrote:ben, if you don't expect to make it to endgame, it should give you even more reason to kill him
I just said I'll do it. But I didn't hear noise, so clearly I'll be alive a little longer.
Fate
Fate
Fate

Post Post #196 (ISO) » Wed Oct 20, 2010 10:00 am

Post by Fate »

Benmage wrote:I asked you not to play in this game. It wasn't that unreasonable. There are lots of games I passed on in just for seeing your name. I tried to act cool, and work this out in a PM...and you proved your worthlessness. All my statements about you have been true. Had you been town, you'd have stalked me. G-G cult.
This quote will be saved in a special place and make my personal victory ALL THE MORE savory.

Thank you for saying it.
Furcolow
Furcolow
To Be Frank
Furcolow
To Be Frank
To Be Frank

Post Post #197 (ISO) » Wed Oct 20, 2010 10:01 am

Post by Furcolow »

Benmage wrote:
Furcolow wrote:ben, if you don't expect to make it to endgame, it should give you even more reason to kill him
I just said I'll do it. But I didn't hear noise, so clearly I'll be alive a little longer.
Well, it's all good man. You need to just calm down and act like Fate doesn't exist. It would help the town even more than confirming you... possibly..
Furcolow
Furcolow
To Be Frank
Furcolow
To Be Frank
To Be Frank

Post Post #198 (ISO) » Wed Oct 20, 2010 10:01 am

Post by Furcolow »

Furcolow wrote:15 votes on someone is going to be a tall order

MoI address post #180 (if you want to do something useful)
Lost Butterfly
Lost Butterfly
Mafia Scum
Lost Butterfly
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #199 (ISO) » Wed Oct 20, 2010 10:03 am

Post by Lost Butterfly »

thread asplosion of IDIOCY.
Mafiascum Fantasy Camp 2 - Day 7 ongoing

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”