Hydra Mafia (Day 4, I can't think of a clever title!)

Professor Paradox
Professor Paradox
Townie
Professor Paradox
Townie
Townie

Post Post #175 (ISO) » Tue Oct 19, 2010 5:18 pm

Post by Professor Paradox »

Ice cream wrote:I don't like Bowser's FoS, it's increda-pointless in the RVS.
Heard this before, never got it.
Mr. Smith wrote: I think people who act like a VI (like BV311) are scum.
From my experience it's pretty even...and from the whole earlier VI thing: methinks VI's are fun to read.

Oh yeah, I know the whole nameclaim thing is strategically good blahblahblah but I don't feel like doing it. Most of the people here prob already know who I am anyway...
Professor Paradox
Professor Paradox
Townie
Professor Paradox
Townie
Townie

Post Post #176 (ISO) » Tue Oct 19, 2010 5:22 pm

I'm tired and have no obvscum reads post skim...
Will work more tomorrow...
Crab Canon
Crab Canon
Goon
Crab Canon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #177 (ISO) » Tue Oct 19, 2010 5:34 pm

Post by Crab Canon »

Mmmm.
Didn't originally think early Bowser was all that read-tastic but something about their activity pattern is starting to bother me.
CSL starts the game with enthusiasm, gets attacked right away, but proclaims "I'm not going to play like a VI anymore!" and that kind of eager sentiment.
unpod spends all his time so far parsing for attacks on what CSL said with the FoS, confirmation stage not counting etc. CSL has gone almost invisible now. unpod has only spoken up after attacks, and his only post after reopening of thread pretty fast after IceCream's attack.
IceCream wrote:Clarify. Now.
I thought it was pretty clear. When you say in the middle of an argument "I don't like this recent post from side B. I'll be watching this, no more comment for now." it doesn't come across to me as stemming from "A vs. B is probably town-town, but I don't want to take sides/taint this exchange."
Currently a VP Baltar/Juls Hydra
Pineapple
Pineapple
Townie
Pineapple
Townie
Townie

Post Post #178 (ISO) » Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:11 pm

Post by Pineapple »

TomAndJerry wrote:
Pineapple (168) wrote:One of us thinks the RVS is better, the other thinks that RQS is better. And since my other head doesnt seem to be very active, we didnt really get much chance to discuss it. I personally prefer RVS though. However, the game is beyond that point.
Not going to fly, first off both you and your partner who you claim is not very active was here for the two of you to collaborate on your RQS answers which is odd in itself.

we each made one post in the QT answering the questions and i threw them together to make the post. since then he has made only one post in the QT which was him agreeing with my thoughts on the useless meta discussion. he hasnt said anything since, even though i've given my thoughts on scum and such

Second it doesn't make sense for you as an individual not to scum hunt because you've posted multiple times in first person (I).
i never said that i'm not scum hunting.

In post #168 you spent some effort commenting towards FourTigers however you did not display the same effort for your vote. Why the lack of explanation?

PP's "RVS" vote/unvote was anti-town because it was fairly obvious from the post that he was aware of what had been going on in the thread, but chose to ignore it. the head fakeclaim is just a plain bad move. also, in addition he is fence-sitting after his reread. and he posted acknowledging that name-claiming is beneficial to the town(in his eyes) yet refuses to do so anyway. he has done nothing so far to attempt to dissuade my belief that he is acting in a way against the town.

~Tom
Mr Smith
Mr Smith
Goon
Mr Smith
Goon
Goon

Post Post #179 (ISO) » Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:51 pm

Post by Mr Smith »

Professor Paradox wrote:
Mr. Smith wrote: I think people who act like a VI (like BV311) are scum.
From my experience it's pretty even...and from the whole earlier VI thing: methinks VI's are fun to read.
There is a large gap between being a VI and acting like one.

It isn't weird that you don't have "obvscum reads" if you are reading as well as this. If you really can't find anything, I'd advise you to self-vote.
"Still using all the muscles except the one that matters?"
Professor Paradox
Professor Paradox
Townie
Professor Paradox
Townie
Townie

Post Post #180 (ISO) » Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:54 pm

I know, the latter half was to a different think.
As in people who are acting like VI are about even.
Mr Smith
Mr Smith
Goon
Mr Smith
Goon
Goon

Post Post #181 (ISO) » Tue Oct 19, 2010 7:01 pm

Post by Mr Smith »

Professor Paradox wrote:I know, the latter half was to a different think.
As in people who are acting like VI are about even.
If I was acting like a robocopter here, just telling people I had no reads and hmm, well I did have some fun here and there, then I would want you to vote me. Every scum would gladly accept all the benefits that come from being seen as a VI. You can basically do anything. I really can't see how acting like a VI is town.
Professor Paradox
Professor Paradox
Townie
Professor Paradox
Townie
Townie

Post Post #182 (ISO) » Tue Oct 19, 2010 7:33 pm

Meh.
Whatever

Where are you getting bv311 as faking VI anyway? >.>
Faranor
Faranor
Goon
Faranor
Goon
Goon

Post Post #183 (ISO) » Tue Oct 19, 2010 8:08 pm

Post by Faranor »

Mr. Smith wrote:1. You cannot be sure that the vote and the FoS were from different heads. Even if they are, they are still the same player and should pay attention to what each other are saying.
2. bv311 is acting like a VI but that doesn't make him scum. Like I've already said, PP or Bowser are by far the best lynches for today.
3. Ask yourself this: How does fakenameclaiming help the town, in any way? Now ask yourself this: Also, you completely ignored what was being said in that last quote - they are still the same player, regardless of their individual personalities.
1. Yes, and either way I don't see the scum motivation in doing that.
3. How does fakenameclaiming help the scum, in any way? I thought the point you were trying to make is that they should take responsibility for each others' scummy actions, and that they're scummy for not doing that. However, what I'm wondering is how fakenameclaiming is scummy at all, and why pacman refusing to take responsibility for the idiocy of his partner is scummy.
Tom wrote:VI's have the same exact chance of being scum, are there any notable VI's that you think we should all look out for in this game?
CSL is pretty easy to read, if you know who he is. Otherwise, he's lynchbait.

-~Nor
Mr Smith
Mr Smith
Goon
Mr Smith
Goon
Goon

Post Post #184 (ISO) » Tue Oct 19, 2010 11:12 pm

Post by Mr Smith »

1. try to find the town motivation. Can't do it? Great, it isn't a towntell. Try to find a scum motivation for it. Can't do it? great, it isn't a scumtell. Can you find a scum motivation for claiming your partner is an idiot but you are very towny? I can.
Professor Paradox wrote:pacman here.
Mr Smith wrote:Tom's early attack on PP earlier that made him look scummy before now makes him look obvtown.

And PP needs to explain why he's lying about his nameclaim.
What can I say... my other idiotic head decided it would be fun to fakeclaim its head.
I just decided to follow through. I warned him, but...
Other head is slightly pissed at the fact the consequences weren't as hilarious as expected. lol.
I don't know if my other head will claim again or not. It's his choice :shifty: .
OH WAI RVS ALREADY? WAIT FOR MEEH!!!
Vote: Pineapple
because fruits are tasty.
Currently re-re-reading. Lots of discussion between CC and Mr Smith there. Heh.
Lets take the quote with it, so everyone knows what we are talking about. Pacman is playing the innocent guy here. "I warned him, but..." is only there to make sure we know he is the good guy. And then the random vote 6 pages into the game. Lastly, his last line shows that he has only skimmed the game until then, as he only knows that crab and I argued a lot.

This post wasn't about scumhunting, this post to make sure we know Pacman is ubertown. And I don't like it at all.
Crab Canon
Crab Canon
Goon
Crab Canon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #185 (ISO) » Wed Oct 20, 2010 1:36 am

Post by Crab Canon »

@Smith - what are your thoughts on Pineapple and their contribution to the thread so far?

On a related note, this was completely ignored:
Crab Canon wrote:
Pineapple wrote:you misunderstand. we do need to scum hunt.
:? I realize we need to scumhunt. My point is that you were making excuses about why you couldn't scumhunt yet by saying that other people needed to first. Then I asked if this was a prerequisite to your scumhunting and you said no. I don't understand why you needed other people to scum hunt first then. You said that the meta discussion was getting in the way of your scumhunting, why is that?

Also, I don't really care for IceCream's "my other head did it, don't blame me!" mentality. Very scummy excuse making. Smith is claiming this same action from PP, though if I was in a hydra with Ellibereth I'd be pretty annoyed at his shenanigans as well...so I guess I'd be mildly more forgiving of that. That being said, it needs to stop from everyone. Take accountability for everything your hydra says or be lynched.
MasterSpy
MasterSpy
Townie
MasterSpy
Townie
Townie

Post Post #186 (ISO) » Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:43 am

Post by MasterSpy »

The White Spy is slacking and needs to make his thoughts know in thread …

Bowser wrote:Will it help you to read the thread? They still quoted us out of context.
Regardless of whether you were quoted out of context or not the quote tampering you did to ‘prove your point’ isn’t a valid parallel. You should have simply presented the quote to show how it was taken out of context.
CrabCanon wrote:Also, repeating: SOTTY7. HI. ARE YOU SCUM?
(you know we'll find out sooner or later in which hydra you are anyway.)
I know you probably have some personal tell related to Sotty that is driving this but do you really expect any answer other than ‘No’?
CrabCanon wrote:This is really really stupid.
No, it’s not. It is a quite logical thought process. Care to throw in a ‘NO U’ while you are at it if you are making pointless rhetorical statements?
CrabCanon wrote:And this is contradictory to it - cancels out the alleged strong scum motive for finding out "dangerous players".
BZTTT … incorrect. From a scum perspective they know their own members and thus know what players out there are most likely to be dangerous to them. As an example – Sotty was able to more or less nail Zachrulez in /invitiational 8 simply because she knew his playstyle so well. Scum are going to know those players who can read them as scum the best, if those players exist in the game. So going for a full name-claim lays the information out there.

A Town protective role, on the other hand, has no inside knowledge. God forbid if they choose to defend a ‘Vet’ Hydra based on being the heads being vets as opposed to Town play and that Hydra is Mafia.
Pineapple wrote:you misunderstand. we do need to scum hunt.
Then why are you instead playing a very passive, reactionary game?
Pineapple wrote:i never said that i'm not scum hunting.
You don’t have to say you aren’t – your ISO reveals that you aren’t.

WhiteSpy has said he’s working on a case on someone. I’ve held off making a vote so far but Pineapple has done nothing to change my initial gut scum read and I dislike having an inactive vote once serious play gets rolling.

VOTE: Pineapple
IceCream wrote:My scumdar is pinging. Why is him asking the questions scummy?
Your scumdar is in need of maintenance. The issue is not the questions. The issue is that in the post the questions were asked T&J did not answer them. It leads to two options –

1. If the questions are indeed useful for providing solid game information why did T&J not answer them when originally asked, or even later?
2. If the questions aren’t useful why even ask them? That would be a pure fluffing post then.

In either case I don’t see a strong Town motivation in T&J’s play there.

@Tom or Jerry
- At least one of you needs to answer your own questions.

T&J’s reveal at 154 I think is very interesting –

Lat has revealed that Professor Paradox fake-claimed one of it’s heads for lulz. This was a direct attempt to provide false information to Town in a way that would possibly interfere with Meta efforts by some players who favor meta. This has a similar effect to Hydra’s withholding who their heads are.

Logically Town players who were strongly for outing of heads should see PP’s actions as equally Anti-Town / Scummy.

Those players who have expressed that Mass Name Claiming is the way to go and those not doing so are Anti-Town / Scummy -

CrabCanon, FourTigers, Faranor

What was those Hydra’s reaction to the revelation that PP fake-claimed a Name?

FourTigers – reaction was to defend self from T&J’s attack and question why a Fakenameclaim is a Scumtell.

Faranor – Similar reaction to FourTigers – wonders why fakenameclaiming is a scum-tell.

CrabCanon – Says not much, other than to perhaps dismiss it as worthy of conversation since it was Elli doing his regular pointless play.

I’m not seeing consistency in any of these opinions. Will have to look more closely.
Mr Smith
Mr Smith
Goon
Mr Smith
Goon
Goon

Post Post #187 (ISO) » Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:49 am

Post by Mr Smith »

MasterSpy wrote:Logically Town players who were strongly for outing of heads should see PP’s actions as equally Anti-Town / Scummy.

Those players who have expressed that Mass Name Claiming is the way to go and those not doing so are Anti-Town / Scummy -

CrabCanon, FourTigers, Faranor

What was those Hydra’s reaction to the revelation that PP fake-claimed a Name?

FourTigers – reaction was to defend self from T&J’s attack and question why a Fakenameclaim is a Scumtell.

Faranor – Similar reaction to FourTigers – wonders why fakenameclaiming is a scum-tell.

CrabCanon – Says not much, other than to perhaps dismiss it as worthy of conversation since it was Elli doing his regular pointless play.

I’m not seeing consistency in any of these opinions. Will have to look more closely.
Those hypocritical scumbags! Quality post, btw.
Chimaira
Chimaira
Goon
Chimaira
Goon
Goon

Post Post #188 (ISO) » Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:12 am

Post by Chimaira »

I am not going to nameclaim. For me the fun of the game is not knowing each other.
but there is absolutely no town reason I could see for fakeclaiming. the only times I have seen someone fakeclaim something (I'm not talking about roles here, of course) they were scum.
Professor Paradox wrote:Chimaira is town.
what makes you think that?

I also think PP's "town-tells" in posts 172/173 are scummy. I see no reason town would go and call three people town like that, except in a sort of find-scum-by-elimination-thing.

VOTE: Professor Paradox
Alt of that one guy with the face and stuff.
Crab Canon
Crab Canon
Goon
Crab Canon
Goon
Goon

Post Post #189 (ISO) » Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:40 am

Post by Crab Canon »

Spy wrote:I know you probably have some personal tell related to Sotty that is driving this but do you really expect any answer other than ‘No’?
Asking people if they are scum is usually game-start garbage, but this is the one person where I've seen someone ask the question give a decent early read to me. Obviously you get a negative; obviously Sotty isn't answering (and I think this discussion interferes with the observation enough to nullify the answer anyway.).
Spy wrote:BZTTT … incorrect. From a scum perspective they know their own members and thus know what players out there are most likely to be dangerous to them. As an example –
Sotty was able to more or less nail Zachrulez in /invitiational 8 simply because she knew his playstyle so well
. Scum are going to know those players who can read them as scum the best, if those players exist in the game. So going for a full name-claim lays the information out there.
A Town protective role, on the other hand, has no inside knowledge. God forbid if they choose to defend a ‘Vet’ Hydra based on being the heads being vets as opposed to Town play and that Hydra is Mafia.
My whole point was that you keep saying advocating nameclaiming has a strong scum motivation despite your own examples including quite strongly the flipside of town motivation.
You say that Sotty was such a threat to Zach because she knew him so well. That scum are going to know those people who can read them as scum the best. So, working within your premises, this
already contains
the the assumption that Sotty can benefit from knowing who Zach is so much that she becomes a threat for it. See underlined.
Spy wrote:CrabCanon – Says not much, other than to perhaps dismiss it as worthy of conversation since it was Elli doing his regular pointless play.
From my part, I see mostly "lulz" motivation rather than either scum or town. This was not something designed to be a long-standing deception to mess with meta or so, I don't see how it wouldn't very probably come out very soon.
I do think confusion (especially if variants would include roleplay of others) is anti-town, this time the effect did actually give some read on TnJ though (more town). PP is in the dunno category to me.
Chimaira
Chimaira
Goon
Chimaira
Goon
Goon

Post Post #190 (ISO) » Wed Oct 20, 2010 7:15 am

Post by Chimaira »

It is noted that TnJ decided to ignore our initial vote and wondering about their questions. I don't understand why they would do that. I second MasterSpy's questioning of them surrounding all that. I want an answer.

PP fake claiming does nothing but throw confusion into the town, if it was done for reactions the hydra needs to come in here and explain which reactions they got. Basically doing something for the lulz when serious discussion has started just looks like a distraction play to me. If you aren't going to follow it up with some scum hunting (saying so-and-so is town with no reasoning doesn't count) then I find it scummy.

Pineapple, can you not answer in quotes? It's annoying as all hell and makes the thread a hard read.

Happy to keep our vote on PP.
Alt of that one guy with the face and stuff.
Professor Paradox
Professor Paradox
Townie
Professor Paradox
Townie
Townie

Post Post #191 (ISO) » Wed Oct 20, 2010 8:43 am

Chimaira wrote:I am not going to nameclaim. For me the fun of the game is not knowing each other.
but there is absolutely no town reason I could see for fakeclaiming. the only times I have seen someone fakeclaim something (I'm not talking about roles here, of course) they were scum.
Professor Paradox wrote:Chimaira is town.
what makes you think that?

I also think PP's "town-tells" in posts 172/173 are scummy. I see no reason town would go and call three people town like that, except in a sort of find-scum-by-elimination-thing.

VOTE: Professor Paradox
The last line of one of you're earlier posts where you said you had no reads or something, I'll go find it.
What's wrong with calling 3 people town?
Have you ever played with me (Ellibereth) before?
Professor Paradox
Professor Paradox
Townie
Professor Paradox
Townie
Townie

Post Post #192 (ISO) » Wed Oct 20, 2010 8:43 am

I couldn't get much of a read on anyone else so I figure this is a good place to start.
^^^This thing.
Professor Paradox
Professor Paradox
Townie
Professor Paradox
Townie
Townie

Post Post #193 (ISO) » Wed Oct 20, 2010 8:45 am

Fakenameclaim was for fun.
Reactions would have just been side effect.
I don't think there's anything anti-town about it, the few short moments of confusion is easily cleared up.
As for analyzing the reactions...other than T/J town I'll let other people do those for now... >.>
Professor Paradox
Professor Paradox
Townie
Professor Paradox
Townie
Townie

Post Post #194 (ISO) » Wed Oct 20, 2010 8:51 am

Oh crabby is right on this.
http://mafiascum.net/forum/search.php?a ... 4&sr=posts
^^^Oh mai lurkerz.
Unvote, Vote Bowser
FourTigers
FourTigers
Townie
FourTigers
Townie
Townie

Post Post #195 (ISO) » Wed Oct 20, 2010 9:20 am

Post by FourTigers »

MasterSpy wrote:FourTigers – reaction was to defend self from T&J’s attack and question why a Fakenameclaim is a Scumtell.
Actually I defended my stance that a massnameclaim was a good thing, stating that a dozen one liners in not something that one can draw meta from. TAJ was using the fakeclaim to show that nameclaim was a bad idea, but I still say that nameclaim is the best possible thing for this game, and support this with not only the meta stance, but also the fact that the only time I have seen a hydra refuse to claim names they were scum.
Logically Town players who were strongly for outing of heads should see PP’s actions as equally Anti-Town / Scummy.

Those players who have expressed that Mass Name Claiming is the way to go and those not doing so are Anti-Town / Scummy
Here is where you logic fail ironically. Yes I do see the fakenameclaim as very anti-town and counterproductive, but I acutally see it as a slight town tell. This is something that will serve zero benifit for scum, infact it would probably cause damage given that Lat has a distinct town meta that would be very difficult to duplicate. When Lat will also counter, it simply is going to cause quite a bit of negative attention to circulate around that slot, which never will really go away throughout the entire game, leaving him with a small black mark for the entire game. In a game where scum will essentially have at least four players, more likely six, someone would try and talk him out of doing something like that.

I actually have PP as leaning town in my notes right now for that move. Im not happy with him pulling that given that it led to a small spat with TAJ, but think its a slight town tell to have done so.

Also my other head has their computer in the shop, so im running solo for now

~Guess Who
Some days you tame the tiger. And some days the tiger has you for lunch.
Mr Smith
Mr Smith
Goon
Mr Smith
Goon
Goon

Post Post #196 (ISO) » Wed Oct 20, 2010 9:39 am

Post by Mr Smith »

I wouldn't put it past Ellibereth to do something silly like that as scum, to be honest.
However, both me and myko think that PP's 2nd head is not Ellibereth, and the head is lying AGAIN.
Faranor
Faranor
Goon
Faranor
Goon
Goon

Post Post #197 (ISO) » Wed Oct 20, 2010 9:42 am

Post by Faranor »

I think it's Elli due to typing style, particularly 192/194. Brb.
Professor Paradox
Professor Paradox
Townie
Professor Paradox
Townie
Townie

Post Post #198 (ISO) » Wed Oct 20, 2010 9:45 am

HEY I HAVEN'T REALLY SAID THAT I'M ELLI YET.
OOOOOOOOOOOYAH.
But I am. >.>
I wouldn't put it past Ellibereth to do something silly like that as scum, to be honest.
However, both me and myko think that PP's 2nd head is not Ellibereth, and the head is lying AGAIN.
First line is correct, decided to do this before we got role.
But i'm curious why you guys don't think I'm me.
Professor Paradox
Professor Paradox
Townie
Professor Paradox
Townie
Townie

Post Post #199 (ISO) » Wed Oct 20, 2010 9:46 am

Oh wait lol
i did say I was Elli
Nvm.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”