Mini 1054/The Illusion - Creation (Over)

TonyMontana
TonyMontana
Mafia Scum
TonyMontana
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #200 (ISO) » Thu Oct 14, 2010 9:40 pm

Post by TonyMontana »

If this claim was true, and it's not, then not caring about acting scummy would have been disastrous strategy, as any lynch of town-you from now on will lead to non-victory for town.

But that's probably what you're counting on us factoring in..
Upcoming
Mini
Theme: Rainbow Six|Siege Mafia
GhostWriter
GhostWriter
He/Him
Mafia Scum
GhostWriter
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #201 (ISO) » Thu Oct 14, 2010 9:50 pm

Post by GhostWriter »

No! You are not hammering. You are not an anti-town faction, you need to live.
Chronopie
Chronopie
Mafia Scum
Chronopie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #202 (ISO) » Thu Oct 14, 2010 9:50 pm

Post by Chronopie »

I'd do it. After all, I'm no better than a VT, being a miller.
Show
He's
baaa-aaack

~Chrono

League of Legends
Chronopie (30) || Greyscale Aeon (12)

Steam: Chronopie

Apathy = Vanilla [/self-meta]

Because turrets are just there to give poppy a free stun ~Rayfrost
GhostWriter
GhostWriter
He/Him
Mafia Scum
GhostWriter
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #203 (ISO) » Thu Oct 14, 2010 9:53 pm

Post by GhostWriter »

You or, preferably, Xvart will be fine.
TonyMontana
TonyMontana
Mafia Scum
TonyMontana
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #204 (ISO) » Thu Oct 14, 2010 10:06 pm

Post by TonyMontana »

We should probably vote on who does the hammer..

I have to take into consideration that town's chances of winning gets mildly better if someone else hammers.

Me being VT, or Chrono being miller is really irrelevant, as we most likely get a draw if both hammer and GW are town.

I nominate Zang.
Upcoming
Mini
UncertainKitten
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
Maid In Japan

Post Post #205 (ISO) » Fri Oct 15, 2010 7:43 am

Post by UncertainKitten »

Xvart or Zang would be excellent hammerers. I am suddenly interested in resolving this claim :V. Through a lynch.

What's his L- count?
"Never have I seen anybody glorify their own lynch."
-StrangerCoug

Internet Mafia
is probably never going to happen. You all probably knew that.
JDodge
JDodge
Accept it
JDodge
Accept it
Accept it

Post Post #206 (ISO) » Fri Oct 15, 2010 10:32 am

Post by JDodge »

I promise I will start
actually modding
at some point in the near future (aka over the weekend). Bear with me.
stream

ffxiv/speedrunning sometimes/other things?
TonyMontana
TonyMontana
Mafia Scum
TonyMontana
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #207 (ISO) » Fri Oct 15, 2010 12:49 pm

Post by TonyMontana »

JDodge wrote:Bear with me.

UK, L-2 if I'm not mistaken.

Vote: GW

Make that L-1
Upcoming
Mini
xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #208 (ISO) » Fri Oct 15, 2010 12:53 pm

Post by xvart »

Nobody hammer before I post later tonight. I know I am one of the people that might be expected to hammer, but I definitely have something to say about the claim. You might be able to parse it out to some degree by what I said when I took my vote off of TM.

xvart.
I only read quote walls.

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
UncertainKitten
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
Maid In Japan

Post Post #209 (ISO) » Fri Oct 15, 2010 2:37 pm

ok. Anticipating this eagerly ^-^.
-StrangerCoug

Internet Mafia
xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #210 (ISO) » Fri Oct 15, 2010 4:08 pm

Post by xvart »

TonyMontana, 192 wrote:If i understand it correctly, there's no upside to calling the game off.

I mean, do we lose if we play the game out to find there is no scum?
Unless you get into a 1v1 or 2v2 with a scum who has the ability to kill.

Now on to the good stuff...

GhostWriter, 197 wrote:I believe now is the time for me to explain the obvious change in my playstyle to the erratic antics I've been doing. My claim is The Tightrope Walker. As the Tightrope Walker, it is in my best interest to maintain my balance. And lynching me upsets that and sends me into the Gap. However, the hammer on that lynch must come out to knock me in, and I take them with me. In short, my hammer will die with me. Thus, me not being too worried about seeming scummy whilst looking for discussion. I can judge my own building wagon and see if I see any scum on it, and then ask them to be my hammer.
Is there anything else in your role that might be important to note?
(answer this before anything else)
I'll also note that GW says "My claim is" and not "I am...", but that could be null. Regardless, I don't believe the name either. Everyone else that we know has been "The SOMETHING" and not "The SOMETHING SOMETHING." This may be nitpicky but considering the names already flipped (or claimed) The Tightrope Walker does not seem legit compared to The Jaded and The Dreamer, plus mine, The Warrior. I thought there was another claimed name out there, but can't remember it right now. I think a name claim might be a good idea, as I don't see the names being dropped as being able to indicate the role attached to the name.

I am a town bomb. The person that drops my hammer also dies. I achieve victory when forces against the town are gone (if there are any) [paraphrased].

Now, to what I alluded to earlier: when Tony said this:
TonyMontana, ISO26 wrote:Will explain why me being so close to lynch is a disaster later
I responded with this when I unvoted:
xvart, ISO23 wrote:
TonyMontana, 149 wrote:Will explain why me being so close to lynch is a disaster later
At first I was thinking this was pretty scummy about not explaining how being so close to a lynch is a disaster and not explaining immediately (and not explaining relatively quickly).
However, after consideration I am going to unvote and will explain after TM explains himself. However, if what TM is going to say is what I think he may say it still doesn't necessarily prove alignment (as the random assignment).

UNVOTE:
I unvoted because I thought it might be possible (although unlikely) that Tony was also a Bomb, as his ominous statement about it being a disaster for him to be lynched could indicate trouble if a random townie came in and lynched him (and if Tony is town that would kill two town members, and that
would
be a disaster). Furthermore, while it is possible that two town members could both be bombs, GWs claim does not mean he is town, nor does my claim mean I am town; however, based on the flimsiness of his claim and the discrepancies between the flavors of revealed and claimed names I am leaning towards GW lying about being town. Once GW answers my original question, I'll be able to tell you if he is lying about his claim (and I would ask everyone to hold off on all questions about details of my claim and his claim until after he answers).

I also am not really buying his I'm playing this way with my erratic change of behavior to be able to analyze my wagon and choose who lynches me. Especially since he never analyzed his wagon (and I think he had three votes on his wagon when he made his claim, which is as big a wagon as you can have at this game state). I don't see how erratic behavior is smart play with the role he is claiming. He is essentially saying he was trying to get a wagon to sacrifice himself by picking a scum member to hammer him. Not town play by any stretch of the phrase.

And if we decide to go through with a lynch on me or him I have a suggestion to make for the hammer dropper, but I will withhold that until after GW answers my question.

xvart.
I only read quote walls.

Chronopie
Chronopie
Mafia Scum
Chronopie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #211 (ISO) » Fri Oct 15, 2010 4:35 pm

Post by Chronopie »

The other name out there is
The Victim
(me)

Question (to either bomb): Can you self hammer? Does that mean no-one else dies?

claimsxvart, The Warrior, Bomb
GhostWriter, The Tightrope Walker, Bomb

Chronopie, The Victim, Miller
TonyMontana, The Dreamer, VT
UncertainKitten
(
animorpherv1
)

Zang

gandalf5166, The Jaded, VT

Maybe UK and Zang (especially Zang) should claim.
Show
He's
baaa-aaack

~Chrono

League of Legends
Chronopie (30) || Greyscale Aeon (12)

Steam: Chronopie

Apathy = Vanilla [/self-meta]

Because turrets are just there to give poppy a free stun ~Rayfrost
Zang
Zang
Mafia Scum
Zang
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #212 (ISO) » Sat Oct 16, 2010 3:55 am

Post by Zang »

Why would GW fake claim? Scum have the same chance of getting any role as the town.

And I'm the timekeeper, town doublevoter.
(\_/)
(._.) Help
Zang
The bunny In T.W.D
(v v)
UncertainKitten
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
Maid In Japan

Post Post #213 (ISO) » Sat Oct 16, 2010 4:12 am

@xvart: Then you should DEFINITELY lay the hammer on GW. My role name is The Teacher, so it fits your flavor spec.

Yeaaaaaah...we definitely have a one of these is not like the other.

I think xvart should hammer GW.
-StrangerCoug

Internet Mafia
TonyMontana
TonyMontana
Mafia Scum
TonyMontana
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #214 (ISO) » Sat Oct 16, 2010 4:20 am

Post by TonyMontana »

Zang wrote:Why would GW fake claim? Scum have the same chance of getting any role as the town.
Yes, why would scum fake-claim bomb? Why, oh why? Jesus, this question will be bothering me for WEEKS.
WHAT POSSIBLE REASON COULD SCUM HAVE FOR FAKECLAIMING BOMB?

Anyways...
Upcoming
Mini
xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #215 (ISO) » Sat Oct 16, 2010 4:24 am

Post by xvart »

UncertainKitten, 213 wrote:@xvart: Then you should DEFINITELY lay the hammer on GW. My role name is The Teacher, so it fits your flavor spec.

Yeaaaaaah...we definitely have a one of these is not like the other.

I think xvart should hammer GW.
Why should I be the one to lay down the hammer?

xvart.
I only read quote walls.

UncertainKitten
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
Maid In Japan

Post Post #216 (ISO) » Sat Oct 16, 2010 5:13 am

Well, you've claimed bomb. You're effectively counterclaiming GW. Further, his claim appears to be fake. Are you worried? Further, now that you've claimed bomb, it's unlikely you'll ever get hammered by scum. So, even IF GW AND you aren't lying, it's still the most logical way to resolve the counterclaim. Do you have any reason why you SHOULDN'T hammer?
-StrangerCoug

Internet Mafia
GhostWriter
GhostWriter
He/Him
Mafia Scum
GhostWriter
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #217 (ISO) » Sat Oct 16, 2010 9:33 am

Post by GhostWriter »

I left out the fact that my role also works at night. The flavor stuff I made up to try to mislead people about the fact that it also works at night. I wanted to seem like a vengeful type of role, not a bomb. Which is why I never said bomb. Or mentioned night possibilities in the initial claim at all. My role pm amounts to, pretty much, that anyone sending me to the void falls in with me, be it my night killer or my hammer voter.

Also, I wasn't trying to get myself lynched. I said I was looking for discussion and didn't care about looking scummy due to the fact that I can just judge my own wagon if it builds and then look for scum and have them hammer after I've claimed. The game was going nowhere. I don't care how anti-town you all find it now, most of you were lurking like hell. I claimed my role only because I was at L-1 before I'd come back to the game to defend myself in any other way. Also, I mentioned my playstyle not to call it erratic, but to point out that the change was obvious and fit the fact that I was trying to bring about discussion. It only seems erratic to you all, which is why I called it as such. It all made sense to me.

Also, Xvart doesn't counterclaim me. The way the game was explained, he had just as much a chance to become a bomb as me. In theory, we could all have somehow ended up as bombs. So I don't find that a good thing to bring against him. A better thing to bring against him is the fact that my name makes sense with my claim. His does not. Or the fact that he backed off of TM due to a possibility of him being a bomb as well, but not me. Granted, it's due to, of all things, the fact that my name has two parts after the "The" part of it. Tightropewalker isn't a word or phrase or title. Tightrope Walker is. I'll ask the mod in a PM if he can comment on this, but I doubt he will.
GhostWriter
GhostWriter
He/Him
Mafia Scum
GhostWriter
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #218 (ISO) » Sat Oct 16, 2010 9:35 am

Post by GhostWriter »

Also, the switching out of Chrono with Zang for the possible hammer is indeed a better choice.
UncertainKitten
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
Maid In Japan

Post Post #219 (ISO) » Sat Oct 16, 2010 10:06 am

I'm aware of the fact all roles had an equal chance. But it's rather unlikely, ne? But, it's more the I don't believe you and xvart can hammer, just in case you are telling the truth.
-StrangerCoug

Internet Mafia
xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #220 (ISO) » Sat Oct 16, 2010 10:07 am

Post by xvart »

GhostWriter, 217 wrote:Also, Xvart doesn't counterclaim me. The way the game was explained, he had just as much a chance to become a bomb as me. In theory, we could all have somehow ended up as bombs. So I don't find that a good thing to bring against him. A better thing to bring against him is the fact that my name makes sense with my claim. His does not. Or the fact that he backed off of TM due to a possibility of him being a bomb as well, but not me. Granted, it's due to, of all things, the fact that my name has two parts after the "The" part of it. Tightropewalker isn't a word or phrase or title. Tightrope Walker is. I'll ask the mod in a PM if he can comment on this, but I doubt he will.
This is correct. There are no counter claims in this game. But that part about me backing off of TM and not you is because I did not believe in your claim due to the parts missing from my role pm and the name. I still am trying to process your claim and I still am leaning towards not believing it. I think UK should hammer GW (or me if that is what is decided).

Chrono - there is nothing in my role pm about self hammering, whether allowed or not.

xvart.
I only read quote walls.

UncertainKitten
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
Maid In Japan

Post Post #221 (ISO) » Sat Oct 16, 2010 10:51 am

Hell, I'd be fine hammering. I'm pretty sure that GW is lying. But, that said, I'm curious why you want me to hammer instead of, say, you, xvart?
-StrangerCoug

Internet Mafia
GhostWriter
GhostWriter
He/Him
Mafia Scum
GhostWriter
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #222 (ISO) » Sat Oct 16, 2010 11:07 am

Post by GhostWriter »

Whoever hammers, don't do it until everyone checks in and majority okays it. Including me.
xvart
xvart
Mafia Scum
xvart
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #223 (ISO) » Sat Oct 16, 2010 3:07 pm

Post by xvart »

UncertainKitten, 221 wrote:Hell, I'd be fine hammering. I'm pretty sure that GW is lying. But, that said, I'm curious why you want me to hammer instead of, say, you, xvart?
Well, it should be obvious that I wouldn't want myself to hammer because I know my alignment and in the off chance that GW is actually a bomb, no matter what alignment, would be bad news bears for town. On to why you, I can't quite put my finger on it but I'm leaning towards you being scum. You just radiate this feeling to me that you know the order the cards are stacked in. And for me to even suggest you based on something like gut is quite a stretch for me since I hate making "gut cases" but something inside me is telling me that you are scum. Couple that with the lack of NK (which could be for other reasons, granted). You are also playing like in our last game together where you seemed to be playing the calm, collected mediator of the town, which I felt was pretty atypical of your playstyle (from the dead QT). AND, we have never been of the same alignment. :lol:

Of course, I've never played a game with you where there haven't been at least a couple of idiots running around egging you on or just being... you know... idiots; but your non abrasiveness is really throwing me for a loop this game. I know a lot of that is a stretch, and I'm planning on reading you in closer examination soon. But I want to throw it out there and see what others think of my suggestion.

xvart.
I only read quote walls.

UncertainKitten
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
UncertainKitten
Maid In Japan
Maid In Japan

Post Post #224 (ISO) » Sat Oct 16, 2010 3:18 pm

To be fair, I've been abrasive to the point of making the game unfun as of late, so I'm trying to be a lot more chill so as to not piss people off anymore. It's an interesting insight though. I mean, you're wrong, but...I admit your thought process intrigues me ^-^.
-StrangerCoug

Internet Mafia

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”