Posting in twilight - what is the default rule?

This forum is for discussion related to the game.

If the Mod doesn't say anything about it in the rules, is it permissible to post in twilight?

Yes!
84%
No!
16%

Total votes: 56

Mr Stoofer
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Less than scum

Posting in twilight - what is the default rule?

Post Post #0 (isolation #0) » Wed Nov 16, 2005 10:48 pm

Post by Mr Stoofer »

Many mods, including me, specify in their rules whether posting in twilight is permissible. But some don't.

I've always assumed that posting in twilight is OK unless the Mod says otherwise, but it seems that not everyone shares that view. What do you think? If the Mod doesn't mention it in the rules, is it allowed?
Mr Stoofer
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Less than scum

Post Post #13 (isolation #1) » Fri Nov 18, 2005 6:02 am

Post by Mr Stoofer »

I want to be able to talk during twilight, I think it fits the flavour (i.e. a few last words as we are dragging the guy to the tree) and I allow it as a mod. Can anyone justify the "no talking rule"?

No one has actually given a reason for banning it.
Mr Stoofer
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Less than scum

Post Post #16 (isolation #2) » Fri Nov 18, 2005 7:43 am

Post by Mr Stoofer »

Dourgrim wrote:I don't mind allowing talk in-thread during twilight... scum talking out of thread during twilight is a major no-no in my book, though. They are specifically allowed to talk at NIGHT, which does not occur until a Mod posts a death scene and announces Night. I would term talking outside the thread during twilight as cheating... but that might be just me. *shrug*
It's not just you... I completely agree. I'm shocked at the suggestion that scum could talk during twilight.
Mr Stoofer
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Less than scum

Post Post #49 (isolation #3) » Tue Nov 22, 2005 9:24 pm

Post by Mr Stoofer »

Mackay wrote:The point of posting is to share information. If you agree that information should not be shared once lynch numbers are reached, then what is the point of allowing twilight posting? And if you do
not
agree with this, then what do you have against cops revealing their results after the lynching vote is placed on them?
Personally, I see nothing wrong with people posting information as the victim is dragged to the lynching tree. I have no problem with a cop saying, as he is being strung up - after I'm dead, lynch X because I know he's scum.
Mr Stoofer
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Mr Stoofer
Less than scum
Less than scum

Post Post #59 (isolation #4) » Fri Nov 25, 2005 6:27 am

Post by Mr Stoofer »

I see that this topic was discussed here about a year ago: http://mafiascum.mithmojo.net/forum/vie ... viewresult

The poll was worded in a completely ambiguous way, but the posts show a strong preference in favour of allowing talking during twilight - just as this thread has shown.

Return to “Mafia Discussion”