Mini 1041: Wheel of Fortune Mafia (Game over!)

StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #500 (ISO) » Sat Oct 09, 2010 1:58 pm

Post by StrangerCoug »

VOTE COUNT

CSL (1): yabbaguy
yabbaguy (1): CSL
Not voting (1): Reckamonic

With
players alive, it takes
votes to lynch.
STRANGERCOUG: Stranger Than You!

Current avatar by PurryFurry of FurAffinity.

What Were You Thinking XV! is in progress.
yabbaguy
yabbaguy
(O)ptimized
yabbaguy
(O)ptimized
(O)ptimized

Post Post #501 (ISO) » Mon Oct 11, 2010 7:27 am

Post by yabbaguy »

All of CSL's points are baseless. All these quotes his words from the last post.
Scum strategy.
- Reckamonic obviously will disagree here, but I thought at the time that there was a really good strategy for finding scum, and I got shut down with a baseless "stop rolefishing" remark. That's why I thought scum initially.
You voted Xite just so a hammer happens so you can go hide somewhere, scumbag.
I wanted the hammer to happen because I thought I was right. This point cannot be made until you claim that my reasons for voting Xite were poor/scummy.
This bit tells me Oman lied through his teeth, as this is buddying. yabbaguy screams scum here.
Yes, I went out of my way to rip down a wagon I felt was being driven by scummy/apathetic players. That's why I was so sure Guppy was a mislynch, the fact that all the reasoning from the people on board was lousy.

---

Take a look at Tasky's post here. The best people to help rat scum out are the scum themselves, and I think Tasky was doing precisely that at that moment in time. Obviously, Town players can come up with fully detailed PBPAs as well, but notice the strange tone of some of his arguments (well, as soon as you wade through all the emphasis headaches you have to go through). Tasky brings up a lot of confusion that results from Oman's post, but it's actually not apparent that he finds all of it scummy. The "old psychology" remark and the "finish your sentences" remark are cases in point. Some of them are just obscurities that only someone who knows Oman to be scum would pick up on, such as the intricate points about the craplogic and finding specific sentences that contradict each other.

The point is that he was right, but his accuracy is so good that he had to have been scum that was made acutely aware of Oman's scumminess.
yabbaguy ~ Winning without actually winning.

Town: 10-21 | Mafia: 3-4 | Other: 0-1
yGDB
(meta + commentary)

- On reruns at Sens-O-Tape!
CSL
CSL
Jack of All Trades
CSL
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #502 (ISO) » Mon Oct 11, 2010 3:14 pm

Post by CSL »

Reckamonic, I await your mighty hammer on the scum.
Show
"I can't kill my own best friend, especially when I can't do shit at all!" - Tragedy

"
T
H
E
T
I
G
E
R
B
L
O
O
D
L
U
S
T
W
A
S
R
U
N
N
I
N
G
T
H
R
O
U
G
H
M
Y
V
E
I
N
S
" - Amrun

V/LA from Mafia on weekends. Sorry!
Reckamonic
Reckamonic
Goon
Reckamonic
Goon
Goon

Post Post #503 (ISO) » Mon Oct 11, 2010 4:49 pm

Post by Reckamonic »

If it were Tasky, we'd hammer yabba.
But CSL has managed to shake up our town read on Tasky.
Give us a moment.
._.
meeeeeeep?
Reckamonic
Reckamonic
Goon
Reckamonic
Goon
Goon

Post Post #504 (ISO) » Mon Oct 11, 2010 4:51 pm

Post by Reckamonic »

yabba's 501 is scummy.
Vote: yabbaguy

So, who won?
._.
meeeeeeep?
CSL
CSL
Jack of All Trades
CSL
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #505 (ISO) » Mon Oct 11, 2010 6:44 pm

Post by CSL »

I be town.

Excellent work!
Show
"I can't kill my own best friend, especially when I can't do shit at all!" - Tragedy

"
T
H
E
T
I
G
E
R
B
L
O
O
D
L
U
S
T
W
A
S
R
U
N
N
I
N
G
T
H
R
O
U
G
H
M
Y
V
E
I
N
S
" - Amrun

yabbaguy
yabbaguy
(O)ptimized
yabbaguy
(O)ptimized
(O)ptimized

Post Post #506 (ISO) » Tue Oct 12, 2010 12:05 am

Post by yabbaguy »

It was scummy? >:(

But yeah, I'm scum. Dear partners: the L-1 quickhammering was quite unnecessary. Like, really, it was.

I felt if I had killed the one I called confirmed (Tasky), it would've been too much of me imposing my views of the game on the nightkill and would've outed me all the same.

yGDB
(meta + commentary)

Reckamonic
Reckamonic
Goon
Reckamonic
Goon
Goon

Post Post #507 (ISO) » Tue Oct 12, 2010 1:02 am

Post by Reckamonic »

Well you did the better choice Yabba.
Frankly, we had to take a moment to wonder, because while a Tasky vs Yabba was an easy choice, CSL's play today was... odd, let's just say. Still, if we don't clear a scummy person because they're replaced, we decided not to incriminate a townie person for the same reason.

Happy twas the good choice =D

What are you really, btw?
._.
meeeeeeep?
Reckamonic
Reckamonic
Goon
Reckamonic
Goon
Goon

Post Post #508 (ISO) » Tue Oct 12, 2010 2:10 am

Post by Reckamonic »

The other of the hydra is here to say...

HOORAY! WE WON OUR FIRST HYDRA'D GAME!
=D
._.
meeeeeeep?
CSL
CSL
Jack of All Trades
CSL
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #509 (ISO) » Tue Oct 12, 2010 4:25 am

Post by CSL »

And this is my second win in a month in a lylo situation as either town or scum.
Show

"
T
H
E
T
I
G
E
R
B
L
O
O
D
L
U
S
T
W
A
S
R
U
N
N
I
N
G
T
H
R
O
U
G
H
M
Y
V
E
I
N
S
" - Amrun

yabbaguy
yabbaguy
(O)ptimized
yabbaguy
(O)ptimized
(O)ptimized

Post Post #510 (ISO) » Tue Oct 12, 2010 8:49 am

Post by yabbaguy »

"Incorrect letter guess".

Reckamonic, I was actually planning to go full-thrusters at you on D6, so CSL putting the hasty vote down actually pissed me off immensely.

yGDB
(meta + commentary)

StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #511 (ISO) » Tue Oct 12, 2010 10:29 am

Post by StrangerCoug »

VOTE COUNT

CSL (1): yabbaguy

yabbaguy (2): CSL, Reckamonic

With
players alive, it takes
votes to lynch.

You find it—the one last thing Wheel of Fortune players have to worry about, guessing a wrong letter. Nothing can stop Wheel of Fortune contestants from winning any money anymore! Everybody gets rich!

You lose yourself in the excitement knowing that the elements of misfortune are gone. A party happens on Stage 11, the one you were about to have when you send the Bankrupt wedge running, and it seems to go all night. You got them all...

yabbaguy, who was an
incorrect letter guess, a Mafia goon
, has been lynched on Day 6.
CSL, who was the
red contestant's podium, a vanilla townie
, has survived the endgame.
Reckamonic, who was the
contestant backdrop, a vanilla townie
, has survived the endgame.

CONGRATULATIONS CHARLIE, CSL, CURIOUSKARMADOG, FAKEGOD, PIEMAN, RECKAMONIC, TAZARO, WISTERIA, AND XITE91; YOU, THE TOWN, HAVE WON!

Roles and night actions when I get home.

curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #512 (ISO) » Tue Oct 12, 2010 10:54 am

Post by curiouskarmadog »

sweet....
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
Tasky
Tasky
Mafia Scum
Tasky
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #513 (ISO) » Tue Oct 12, 2010 11:34 am

Post by Tasky »

ok. this time really.
good game
Show
Currently modding:
Newbie 1133

Coming soon:
Red Herring Mafia
Tasky
Tasky
Mafia Scum
Tasky
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #514 (ISO) » Tue Oct 12, 2010 11:42 am

Post by Tasky »

PS: I want to see the scum-quicktopic
Show
Currently modding:
Newbie 1133

Coming soon:
Red Herring Mafia
Reckamonic
Reckamonic
Goon
Reckamonic
Goon
Goon

Post Post #515 (ISO) » Tue Oct 12, 2010 11:53 am

Post by Reckamonic »

<3 this game
A lot of fun, actually. Short, not long-winded, good playerlist.

Thanks for the great game, players...and SC.
And thanks for being obvscum for us, Oman ;)
._.
meeeeeeep?
Tazaro
Tazaro
Selfie
Tazaro
Selfie
Selfie

Post Post #516 (ISO) » Tue Oct 12, 2010 1:17 pm

Post by Tazaro »

yabbaguy wrote:Ugh. Now I get to be in 0 games for a while.
You... faked this? I thought this was your giving a genuine response to the false Oman last-scum misconception.
Show
Maybe Subservience to Protocol isn't tantamount to Solution to Problem ...
"A little bit of yourself goes a long way"
Blue paint strokes of sadness that leave a trace of meaningfulness
Tell me, O Karen,
Do you feel better
After getting your pound of flesh?
yabbaguy
yabbaguy
(O)ptimized
yabbaguy
(O)ptimized
(O)ptimized

Post Post #517 (ISO) » Tue Oct 12, 2010 1:30 pm

Post by yabbaguy »

I'm happy if the QT is posted as-is, but I'll wait for one other buddy to agree out of courtesy.

Glad to know I can BS a "game over?" line. Yup, it was absolute garbage, although now it's quite a genuine line. :D

The only thing I thought was dicey was that Tasky posting in the thread after the "game over?" episode really made it blatantly obvious (notwithstanding my informed stance) that his slot was Town, hence my allusion to it in thread. I think the outcome of Town win is certainly deserved and I can't pin the loss on that by any stretch, but lest that make a more substantial difference in another game, mods should watch out for that.

yGDB
(meta + commentary)

StrangerCoug
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
StrangerCoug
He/Him
Does not Compute
Does not Compute

Post Post #518 (ISO) » Tue Oct 12, 2010 2:23 pm

Post by StrangerCoug »

brianj, you are
Pat Sajak, a mason
. You, along with your co-host Vanna White (curiouskarmadog), are the people that make this show go! You two always have something to say at the end, too.

I have made a QuickTopic thread where you may discuss the game here. You may speak with each other in this thread from now until Day 1 starts to discuss strategy. You may not talk to each other outside of the thread during the day. You know each other to be innocent.

You win when all threats on Stage 11 have been eliminated from the game.

Please PM me back acknowledging that you understand and confirm your role. The thread is here and you're in a day start.
Charlie, you are the
Mystery Wedge, a one-shot insane doctor
. What's waiting for the player whom you visit: $10,000 or Bankrupt? Well, we'll never know until you flip over, now will we?

Each night, you may PM me the name of one player you would like to protect. In the 50% chance that your protection works, any attempt to kill that player will fail. You are not allowed to protect yourself. Be careful, though—the 50% of the time your protection doesn't work, you will kill your target instead.

Another player may have an identical role as you; if that is the case, then one of you is actually a one-shot
SANE
doctor while the other one of you is a one-shot vigilante.

Please PM me back acknowledging that you understand and confirm your role. The thread is here and you're in a day start.
(MOD NOTE: Charlie is actually a vigilante.)

curiouskarmadog, you are
Vanna White, a mason
. You, along with your co-host Pat Sajak (brianj), are the people that make this show go! You two always have something to say at the end, too.

I have made a QuickTopic thread where you may discuss the game here. You may speak with each other in this thread from now until Day 1 starts to discuss strategy. You may not talk to each other outside of the thread during the day. You know each other to be innocent.

dramonic, you are the
contestant backdrop, a vanilla townie
. Nice view out there, but they're going to set up a gallows pole in a minute, just like the show's predecessor.

You have no gun, no badge, no first-aid kit, no magic thingamajiggers, absolutely nothing special except for three things—The audience cheering you on, your brain, and voting abilities. But those three things are all you need to spin your way to victory!

FakeGod, you are the
Mystery Wedge, a one-shot insane doctor
. What's waiting for the player whom you visit: $10,000 or Bankrupt? Well, we'll never know until you flip over, now will we?

Each night, you may PM me the name of one player you would like to protect. In the 50% chance that your protection works, any attempt to kill that player will fail. You are not allowed to protect yourself. Be careful, though—the 50% of the time your protection doesn't work, you will kill your target instead.

Another player may have an identical role as you; if that is the case, then one of you is actually a one-shot
SANE
doctor while the other one of you is a one-shot vigilante.

(MOD NOTE: FakeGod is actually sane.)

jmj3000, you are the
yellow contestant's podium, a vanilla townie
. People stand behind you while you keep score. Yeah. Your job's not that exciting.

You have no gun, no badge, no first-aid kit, no magic thingamajiggers, absolutely nothing special except for three things—The audience cheering you on, your brain, and voting abilities. But those three things are all you need to spin your way to victory!

Me=Weird, you are the
red contestant's podium, a vanilla townie
. People stand behind you while you keep score. Yeah. Your job's not that exciting.

Oman, you are the
Bankrupt wedge, a Mafia roleblocker
. You, along with your partners in crime the Lose a Turn wedge (Prof. Guppy, who is a goon) and an incorrect letter guess (yabbaguy, who is also a goon), are some of the biggest obstacles keeping players from winning. It's only fitting that you're together to do evil,
AND
you like taking hits on people's wallets. You little scoundrel, you...

Each night, I need you to decide on a player whom you want to kill, if any, and which of you will PM me the hit. In addition, I need you specifically to tell me whom, if anybody, you would like to roleblock. If your roleblock target has a night action and attempts to use it that same night, it will fail. You will repeat this process until the end of the game or you die, whichever happens first. You are not allowed to nightkill yourself or your partner, nor are you allowed to roleblock yourself (you
ARE
, however, allowed to roleblock and kill on the same night). If you decide to forego your kill and/or if you decide not to roleblock anybody, it'd be nice if I know.

I have made a QuickTopic thread where you may discuss your night actions here. You may speak with each other in this thread from now until Day 1 starts to discuss strategy. You may not talk to each other outside of the thread during the day.

You know that you can replace your user name in the below with anybody else's and still be unable to get a role that really exists:
Oman, you are the
Prize Puzzle, a jack of all trades
. In the actual show, you win trips from these things; here, you can be a bit manipulative (or just find out stuff about something else on the stage).

Each night, you may investigate somebody (I will tell you whether that player is innocent or guilty to you), protect somebody (any attempt to kill that player will fail), or roleblock somebody (any attempt by that player to use a night action will fail). You are not allowed to use the same ability more than once, nor are you allowed to use said abilities on yourself.

You win when all players on Stage 11 are the Mafia or nothing can prevent the same.

Please PM me back acknowledging that you understand and confirm your role. The thread is here.
PieMan, you are the
$5,000 wedge, a vanilla townie
, but one of the most exciting wedges in the game. Don't we all wish we got paid that much a letter for being such a good Hangman player?

Prof. Guppy, you are the
Lose a Turn wedge, a Mafia goon
. You, along with your partners in crime the Bankrupt wedge (Oman, who is a roleblocker) and an incorrect letter guess (yabbaguy, who is a goon), are some of the biggest obstacles keeping players from winning. It's only fitting that you're together to do evil.

Each night, I need you to decide on a player whom you want to kill, if any, and which of you will PM me the hit. In addition, I need Oman specifically to tell me whom, if anybody, HE/SHE would like to roleblock. If HIS/HER_01 roleblock target has a night action and attempts to use it that same night, it will fail. You will repeat this process until the end of the game or you die, whichever happens first. You are not allowed to nightkill yourself or your partner, nor is Oman allowed to roleblock himself (he
IS
, however, allowed to roleblock and kill on the same night). If you decide to forego your kill and/or if Oman decides not to roleblock anybody, it'd be nice if I know.

I have made a QuickTopic thread where you may discuss your night actions here. You may speak with each other in this thread from now until Day 1 starts to discuss strategy. You may not talk to each other outside of the thread during the day.

You know that you can replace your user name in the below with anybody else's and still be unable to get a role that really exists:
Prof. Guppy, you are the
blue contestant's podium, a vanilla townie

You win when all players on Stage 11 are the Mafia or nothing can prevent the same.

Please PM me back acknowledging that you understand and confirm your role. The thread is here.
Xite91, you are the
puzzle board, a vanilla townie
. You have the power of voicing your opinions in big, black-on-white lettering. Need to say something more than 52 characters long? You've been able to change what's on you instantly since 1997.

yabbaguy, you are an
incorrect letter guess, a Mafia goon
. You, along with your partners in crime the Bankrupt wedge (Oman, who is a roleblocker) and the Lose a Turn Wedge (Prof. Guppy, who is a goon), are some of the biggest obstacles keeping players from winning. It's only fitting that you're together to do evil.

Each night, I need you to decide on a player whom you want to kill, if any, and which of you will PM me the hit. In addition, I need Oman specifically to tell me whom, if anybody, HE/SHE would like to roleblock. If HIS/HER_01 roleblock target has a night action and attempts to use it that same night, it will fail. You will repeat this process until the end of the game or you die, whichever happens first. You are not allowed to nightkill yourself or your partner, nor is Oman allowed to roleblock himself (he
IS
, however, allowed to roleblock and kill on the same night). If you decide to forego your kill and/or if Oman decides not to roleblock anybody, it'd be nice if I know.

yabbaguy, you are the
Million Dollar wedge, a vanilla townie
, if a hard one to get. People have to land on you (and you're only one space wide as opposed to almost everyone else's three), then they have to dodge Bankrupt for the rest of the game,
AND
they have to spin you up in the Bonus Round and get the puzzle right. Until then, you're just card stock or whatever the heck they use.

Dead thread

NIGHT 1 ACTIONS

Charlie attempts to protect curiouskarmadog, but instead kills him.
Oman kills Charlie.

NIGHT 2 ACTIONS

FakeGod protects brianj.

NIGHT 3 ACTIONS

yabbaguy kills FakeGod.

NIGHT 4 ACTIONS

yabbaguy kills Wisteria.

NIGHT 5 ACTIONS

yabbaguy kills PieMan.

MOD NOTES
  • I must admit that I shouldn't have put this game in the queue without having my reviewers confirm they liked it. I still think that treating the Mystery wedges as a second set of masons was a mistake for them to make, but the Mafia missing their Night 2 actions and two Mafiosi self-hammering Days 2 and 3 messed them up enough to swing it back to town. It got to three-player LYLO, so apparently it neutralized out, but I think I unbalanced this toward town
  • If he had been keeping his signature current, you broke Prof. Guppy's perfect Mafia record. I don't think he's going to be happy...

FakeGod
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
Seven-Colored Puppeteer

Post Post #519 (ISO) » Tue Oct 12, 2010 3:35 pm

Post by FakeGod »

w00t
My favorite site mod is Zor Tester.
I have Brandi's autograph! I bet you're jealous.

Calling all touhou fans!
Charlie
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #520 (ISO) » Tue Oct 12, 2010 5:35 pm

Post by Charlie »

Yay, great job Town! I'm kinda glad to be offed N1 as my reads were all wrong this game.
Kindness
Charlie
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #521 (ISO) » Tue Oct 12, 2010 5:42 pm

Post by Charlie »

Nice flavour, SC!
Kindness
Xite91
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Xite91
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #522 (ISO) » Wed Oct 13, 2010 5:32 am

Post by Xite91 »

I knew Oman was up to something and the game wasn't over when he started asking about PR's good job town not telling him :)
Also, Damn, sorry CKD, I should have stuck with my 4th tell :P
Show
Ban
ned
for
mon
oto
ny!

I'm going to make history. Because of that post's beauty, NOT banned. - Tazaro

Currently boycotting peeing sleeping and throwing up
curiouskarmadog
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
curiouskarmadog
This Space for Rant
This Space for Rant

Post Post #523 (ISO) » Wed Oct 13, 2010 7:34 am

Post by curiouskarmadog »

i didnt mind the heat you gave me...thought it would have kept me in the game longer...it didnt.

sorry I helped lynched you...
NO YOU'RE OVER DEFENSIVE
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #524 (ISO) » Wed Oct 13, 2010 2:23 pm

Post by Oman »

I honestly agree, no sour grapes for sure, but having three confirmed townies at once really limited our options.

I hammered myself before the claim simply because I wanted to leave the fakeclaim for yabbaguy. I was stunned when he didn't chose to use it.
t
It's unfortunate that good oral sex excuses bad chemistry. - Korts

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”