Mini 1057: Unsubsidized Mafia (Game Over!)

saporovirus
saporovirus
she/they
Goon
saporovirus
she/they
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: she/they

Post Post #300 (ISO) » Thu Oct 07, 2010 5:24 pm

Post by saporovirus »

Claiming miller early is advantageous for town in that it prevents the cop (assuming there is one) from wasting an investigation/ town from wasting a lynch. I have been advised that a miller roleclaim in the first post is actually standard protocol, at least on this board.
but I love you still

unsanitary999: african earl grey more like a freakin' pearl gay
saporovirus
saporovirus
she/they
Goon
saporovirus
she/they
Goon
Goon

Post Post #301 (ISO) » Thu Oct 07, 2010 5:27 pm

Post by saporovirus »

NOTE: not from specifically PMing about this game, just from reading the wiki in general.
but I love you still

Sotty7
Sotty7
That Damn Good
Sotty7
That Damn Good
That Damn Good

Post Post #302 (ISO) » Fri Oct 08, 2010 1:15 am

Post by Sotty7 »

Andrigan was my 3rd scum pick so I'm not really liking the claim. But the way it was made doesn't make sense for scum, so I am willing to let it be for now. What I find more interesting is Nexus popping on right after the claim to put pressure on it when he has been MIA in this thread since Sunday. Nexus, you have nothing else to comment on?
nhammen
nhammen
Mafia Scum
nhammen
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #303 (ISO) » Fri Oct 08, 2010 12:10 pm

Post by nhammen »

The comments from redtail, sotty, and Admiral are quite good. Lots of information there. Could be useful on later days.
saporovirus wrote:Herro! I am about to go out in a bit and I have not yet had time to do a detailed reading. I understand that this might draw suspicion on me, and I'm not sure why Andrigan did not roleclaim, but I am a miller.
A question for you: where exactly did you learn the strategy of claiming Miller on Day 1?
Thor665 wrote:@nhamman - are you against the singersinger lynch?
No, I am voting singer because I find her to be the most scummy, but I saw that someone was trying to start up a Far_Cry wagon and wanted people to switch. I was just saying that there is no way this is happening without a deadline extension.
saporovirus
saporovirus
she/they
Goon
saporovirus
she/they
Goon
Goon

Post Post #304 (ISO) » Fri Oct 08, 2010 12:16 pm

Post by saporovirus »

nhammen wrote: A question for you: where exactly did you learn the strategy of claiming Miller on Day 1?
To be perfectly forthright: I have a friend (real life) who plays on this board but is NOT involved in this game. I asked him, generally, if it's a good idea to claim miller early in a game without giving him many details of the game. He said it was not unusual. I didn't want to explain exactly cuz it sounds sort of sketchy to do so; I should maybe not have put much effort into defending my action.
but I love you still

saporovirus
saporovirus
she/they
Goon
saporovirus
she/they
Goon
Goon

Post Post #305 (ISO) » Fri Oct 08, 2010 12:17 pm

Post by saporovirus »

If this results in modkill, I'm really sorry, guyz :(
but I love you still

Far_Cry
Far_Cry
Goon
Far_Cry
Goon
Goon

Post Post #306 (ISO) » Fri Oct 08, 2010 12:52 pm

Post by Far_Cry »

saporovirus wrote:
nhammen wrote: A question for you: where exactly did you learn the strategy of claiming Miller on Day 1?
To be perfectly forthright: I have a friend (real life) who plays on this board but is NOT involved in this game. I asked him, generally, if it's a good idea to claim miller early in a game without giving him many details of the game. He said it was not unusual. I didn't want to explain exactly cuz it sounds sort of sketchy to do so; I should maybe not have put much effort into defending my action.
Well, you seem quite protective and adamant about your claim. Right now I could't really say your're lying. But considering how crazy this game has been, I'm not quite ready to believe anything.
saporovirus wrote:If this results in modkill, I'm really sorry, guyz :(
I don't think it should (at least I wouldn't if I were mod). But I'm not sure about how strict Chevre is. If you say you asked only for general playing advice (on claiming miller), I think you should be fine.
View my new PC gaming blog at: http://poorpcgamer.blogspot.com
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #307 (ISO) » Fri Oct 08, 2010 1:07 pm

Post by Thor665 »

saporovirus has managed to post 4 times since his reveal in order to...discuss his reveal more. Unimpressed.
Town is sort of slowly chugging in on the singersinger lynch and is doing so in sort of an odd way, not sure on read.
Looking back on singersinger and Far_Cry I find them both pretty skeevy and VI, as such I don't particularly have a preference which dies today, and plus I tend to find extensions anti-town.

@nhamman - but if you want to lynch singersinger for being most scummy why would you try to get an extension so people could lynch Far_Cry?

No whammy, no whammy...

Vote: singersinger
Chevre
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Honourable Mention

Post Post #308 (ISO) » Fri Oct 08, 2010 2:14 pm

Post by Chevre »

Vote Count 8

(6) singersigner (nhammen, DemonHybrid, redtail896, Sotty7, Far_Cry, Thor665)
(2) Far_Cry (jimfinn, ThAdmiral)
(1) redtail896 (saporovirus)

(2) Not Voting (Nexus, singersigner)

With
players alive, it takes
votes to lynch!

singersigner,
Mafia Goon
, was lynched Day 1.

It is now
Night 1
. Any night actions must be submitted by
October 11th
There will be no kisses tonight
There will be no holding hands tonight
'Cause what is now wasn't there before and should not be
Chevre
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Chevre
Honourable Mention
Honourable Mention

Post Post #309 (ISO) » Mon Oct 11, 2010 2:34 pm

Post by Chevre »

Night 1
Results

Sotty7,
Townie
, killed Night 1.

It is now
Day 2
. With
players alive, it takes
votes to lynch! The deadline is
October 29th
There will be no kisses tonight
There will be no holding hands tonight
'Cause what is now wasn't there before and should not be
DemonHybrid
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
And Another Thing...

Post Post #310 (ISO) » Mon Oct 11, 2010 2:45 pm

Post by DemonHybrid »

singersigner wrote:
Honestly, your case against me is quite valid. And I have no way to defend against it. My actions were wrong and scummy, simple as that. I am town, simply put at that. but there's no way to prove that without lynching me.
I actually am really sick and in the hospital right now, and I'm sorry, but I don't appreciate it when people call bullshit on that. What I
can
think of right now is that I overlooked questions one time reading through the thread, and then acknowledged them after that mistake. I would quote where I did, but I don't have the time or energy to right now. Especially since no one seemed to have the time and energy to be so kind as to help me out when I asked for it.

FINAL THOUGHTS:
I pointed out Thor because I thought his sarcasm and overall rudeness was distracting and anti-town.
I felt that DemonHybrid crossed a fine line when he defended Devon in the thread. It might've been something to add in the end-game. Also not really sure why he claimed...
Nhammen looks to me to be the most towny since he's been level-headed, clear/concise, and has asked good scum-hunting questions.
Far_Cry...well, that blew up in the beginning, but I don't think that he's necessarily scum right now.
Sotty seemed keen to take things out of context, or not quote properly...one of the two.
Nexus...is a confused newb.
I can't get a read on anyone else...or don't really feel like rereading to get any reads on anyone else (being in the hospital takes a lot out of you).

Sorry, I wish I could actually invest in this game right now, but I'm a lot grumpier when I'm sick. It has nothing to do with the game. Please don't hate me. :(
I'd ask for a replacement, but I feel like you think that would just be useless at this point, and I wouldn't do that to town. I'll let that be up to the mod's discretion. Good luck guys.
So, what can we pick apart?
This account is no longer being used.

You want this one.
DemonHybrid
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
And Another Thing...

Post Post #311 (ISO) » Mon Oct 11, 2010 2:49 pm

Post by DemonHybrid »

Vote: Far_Cry

Singer's had odd interaction with you. You should probably get with the dyin.

You want this one.
jimfinn
jimfinn
Goon
jimfinn
Goon
Goon

Post Post #312 (ISO) » Mon Oct 11, 2010 3:13 pm

Post by jimfinn »

VOTE: far_cry my vote was on you at the end of the day, and the flips only strengthen that opinion.
Welcome to The Minigame Race! A fun challenge of your skills at many, many games. Challenge 1: 9 players remain
http://mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=15354
DemonHybrid
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
And Another Thing...

Post Post #313 (ISO) » Mon Oct 11, 2010 4:14 pm

Post by DemonHybrid »

jimfinn wrote:VOTE: far_cry my vote was on you at the end of the day, and the flips only strengthen that opinion.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y-MaaxgdUT4

Uh oh.

Haha, I like posting youtube links; might just be my thing.

You want this one.
DemonHybrid
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
DemonHybrid
And Another Thing...
And Another Thing...

Post Post #314 (ISO) » Mon Oct 11, 2010 4:45 pm

Post by DemonHybrid »

Oh, you know what would be cool?

If Far_Cry is town (or scum and there are 3 scum), we lynch Nexus. Cause singer defended him every time she talked about him and blamed his play on "oh, he's new".

You want this one.
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #315 (ISO) » Mon Oct 11, 2010 5:16 pm

Post by ThAdmiral »

Deductive scum hunting:

Singer had such a weak case against thor. Could be distancing. Thor's hammer (lol) could also be bus to look better today...but I doubt it. While it is possible to theorize that Thor and singer were distancing themselves with their argument while not truly wanting either lynched occams razor suggests that thor is town.

Demonhybrid had a weird relationship with singer. Will have to look in to this further. However this post:
DemonHybrid wrote:
Unvote, Vote: singersigner

Thor put it quite nicely. I still find Thor scummy, but you just pulled ahead in the lead.
makes me lean towards scum as this is a farily weak vote post and could easily be a disguise for opportunistic bussing, however this post:
DemonHybrid wrote:Far_Cry, you messed up your bold tag for your vote. Wanted to let you know.
has me leaning towards town for DH. I'm not sure a fellow mafiate would be as keen to point this out given that it put singer to -1.
Overall leaning town due to the relative earliness of the vote on singer and the overall support of the singer wagon.

Redtail is most likely town as he made a good case against singer that was instrumental in her lynch.

I believe saporovirus' miller claim, so town.

nhammen - singer said: "Nhammen looks to me to be the most towny since he's been level-headed, clear/concise, and has asked good scum-hunting questions". There are 2 reasons why I think this means nhammen is more likely town: 1) given that most of nhammens "good scum-hunting questions" were indeed directed at singer this would indicate that this statement is true, 2) if nhammen was scum it would go against the trend/usual-play of "put your fellow mafiates in the middle" when it comes to mafia making most likely town/scum lists.

That leaves:
Far_Cry - bad day 1 play
jimfinn - lurking
Nexus - disappeared

Given jimfinns seemingly miraculous reappearance at the beginning of day 2 after a week long absence, and his apparent desire to eschew discussion in favour of a quick-lynch, I will...

vote: jimfinn
Don't ask me to provide self meta
saporovirus
saporovirus
she/they
Goon
saporovirus
she/they
Goon
Goon

Post Post #316 (ISO) » Mon Oct 11, 2010 5:36 pm

Post by saporovirus »

DemonHybrid wrote:Oh, you know what would be cool?

If Far_Cry is town (or scum and there are 3 scum), we lynch Nexus. Cause singer defended him every time she talked about him and blamed his play on "oh, he's new".
That sort of stuck out at me. She mentioned a couple of times that his "pattern" of playing wasn't so great, but he's only had one game or something, so you can't really establish much of a "pattern." Seems sort of a weak way to defend someone, and it doesn't seem like she'd take so much care to defend a townie who might be an easy-ish lynch to sell. She also at some point chides Nexus for not being so great at playing. Pretty interesting.

Thor strikes me as pretty townie because of Singer's vigorous attempts to cast suspicions on him. I need to iso DH and FarCry, but for now I am dog-tired and need sleep. Goodnighties!
but I love you still

Far_Cry
Far_Cry
Goon
Far_Cry
Goon
Goon

Post Post #317 (ISO) » Mon Oct 11, 2010 5:41 pm

Post by Far_Cry »

jimfinn wrote:VOTE: far_cry my vote was on you at the end of the day, and the flips only strengthen that opinion.
That's cool. Now link me to singer.
ThAdmiral wrote:
Deductive scum hunting:

Singer had such a weak case against thor. Could be distancing. Thor's hammer (lol) could also be bus to look better today...but I doubt it. While it is possible to theorize that Thor and singer were distancing themselves with their argument while not truly wanting either lynched occams razor suggests that thor is town.

Demonhybrid had a weird relationship with singer. Will have to look in to this further. However this post:
DemonHybrid wrote:
Unvote, Vote: singersigner

Thor put it quite nicely. I still find Thor scummy, but you just pulled ahead in the lead.
makes me lean towards scum as this is a farily weak vote post and could easily be a disguise for opportunistic bussing, however this post:
DemonHybrid wrote:Far_Cry, you messed up your bold tag for your vote. Wanted to let you know.
has me leaning towards town for DH. I'm not sure a fellow mafiate would be as keen to point this out given that it put singer to -1.
Overall leaning town due to the relative earliness of the vote on singer and the overall support of the singer wagon.

Redtail is most likely town as he made a good case against singer that was instrumental in her lynch.

I believe saporovirus' miller claim, so town.

nhammen - singer said: "Nhammen looks to me to be the most towny since he's been level-headed, clear/concise, and has asked good scum-hunting questions". There are 2 reasons why I think this means nhammen is more likely town: 1) given that most of nhammens "good scum-hunting questions" were indeed directed at singer this would indicate that this statement is true, 2) if nhammen was scum it would go against the trend/usual-play of "put your fellow mafiates in the middle" when it comes to mafia making most likely town/scum lists.

That leaves:
Far_Cry - bad day 1 play
jimfinn - lurking
Nexus - disappeared

Given jimfinns seemingly miraculous reappearance at the beginning of day 2 after a week long absence, and his apparent desire to eschew discussion in favour of a quick-lynch, I will...

vote: jimfinn
Hey this :up: is some good analysis. Tell me jimfinn, why do you decide to come back and wagon me when you were inactive for a large part of D1? What, am I an easy lynch for you and your scum buddy?
Nexus
Nexus
He
miss
Nexus
He
miss
miss
Pronoun: He

Post Post #318 (ISO) » Mon Oct 11, 2010 7:33 pm

Post by Nexus »

I'm still here, I don't even know why I disappeared. I apologise.

I'd also like to say that I didn't ask, or indeed want singer to defend me. It was annoying me that she was, and it is a good plan of hers-when she flipped, get the town to chase after who she was defending.

So yeah, I have had no desire to be associated with singer at all.

Also, I'm not that new. I was in a Newbie game with her, but I've since played other games, so her "Leave Nexus alone because he's new," line, is crap.
Trans rights are human rights.
saporovirus
saporovirus
she/they
Goon
saporovirus
she/they
Goon
Goon

Post Post #319 (ISO) » Tue Oct 12, 2010 4:11 am

Post by saporovirus »

Looking through Far_Cry's iso: most of his time is spent in defending himself. He made a bit of a case against redtail earlier, but other than that, his contributions have been "Oh I'm not scum though I look ever so scummy," and "I am suspicious of YOU for starting a wagon against me even though I look ever so scummy." This could just be bad play as he claims, but hmmm. I'm not sure I have specific comments on his relationship with singer- she doesn't want to vote for him when Thor says she should, then she votes for him when he votes for Thor because it is OMGUSy, then she unvotes after a while. That's pretty much the only evidence I see, but I could easily be missing something.
but I love you still

saporovirus
saporovirus
she/they
Goon
saporovirus
she/they
Goon
Goon

Post Post #320 (ISO) » Tue Oct 12, 2010 4:16 am

Post by saporovirus »

Far_Cry wrote:Hey this :up: is some good analysis. Tell me jimfinn, why do you decide to come back and wagon me when you were inactive for a large part of D1? What, am I an easy lynch for you and your scum buddy?
"Hey, this is good analysis cuz you voted for the guy that wants to get me. I am a poor little goofy baby, please don't vote for me."
but I love you still

jimfinn
jimfinn
Goon
jimfinn
Goon
Goon

Post Post #321 (ISO) » Tue Oct 12, 2010 12:13 pm

Post by jimfinn »

I am by no means trying to speedlynch, but rather try to affirm that nothing has occurred to weaken the suspicion that was present in my mind on day 1.
Welcome to The Minigame Race! A fun challenge of your skills at many, many games. Challenge 1: 9 players remain
http://mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=15354
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #322 (ISO) » Tue Oct 12, 2010 4:33 pm

Post by Thor665 »

ThAdmiral wrote:jimfinn - lurking
Nexus - disappeared
Out of curiosity - how are you defining the difference?

It's late and I'll admit I've been too lazy to do much of a glance back over the thread now. Will try to do something functional either Wednesday or Thursday - I should have time then.
ThAdmiral
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
ThAdmiral
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #323 (ISO) » Tue Oct 12, 2010 5:11 pm

Post by ThAdmiral »

@ thor: the fact that jimfinn appeared so soon after night 1 had finished lead me to believe he was following the game but choosing not to contribute until it suited him.
Don't ask me to provide self meta
Far_Cry
Far_Cry
Goon
Far_Cry
Goon
Goon

Post Post #324 (ISO) » Tue Oct 12, 2010 5:37 pm

Post by Far_Cry »

saporovirus wrote:Looking through Far_Cry's iso: most of his time is spent in defending himself. He made a bit of a case against redtail earlier, but other than that, his contributions have been "Oh I'm not scum though I look ever so scummy," and "I am suspicious of YOU for starting a wagon against me even though I look ever so scummy." This could just be bad play as he claims, but hmmm. I'm not sure I have specific comments on his relationship with singer- she doesn't want to vote for him when Thor says she should, then she votes for him when he votes for Thor because it is OMGUSy, then she unvotes after a while. That's pretty much the only evidence I see, but I could easily be missing something.
Ok, so how much do you believe that singer and I are scum buddies? What about a singer-nexus partnership? That seems more plausible to me (and throw jimfinn in there.)
saporovirus wrote:
Far_Cry wrote:Hey this :up: is some good analysis. Tell me jimfinn, why do you decide to come back and wagon me when you were inactive for a large part of D1? What, am I an easy lynch for you and your scum buddy?
"Hey, this is good analysis cuz you voted for the guy that wants to get me. I am a poor little goofy baby, please don't vote for me."
Oooh, aren't you soooo cute? Why the fuck are you not voting for me?

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”