LimMePls
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #775 (ISO) » Sun Oct 10, 2010 12:22 pm

Post by LimMePls »

So not only are you terrible in every game you play, but you're an ungrateful jerk to the mods?

Please just stop playing mafia.

@MOD: Thanks for the great game.
"LynchMePls is more town than all the players I've ever declared to be townies. And that's never going to change." - Drippereth

V/LA on weekends
drmyshottyizsik
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #776 (ISO) » Sun Oct 10, 2010 12:26 pm

Post by drmyshottyizsik »

You're right LMP...
@
Mod
- I am truly and deeply sorry for insulting you. I've had a bad day, lost a friend, and some other irl shit happened. And so I get on here today, I'm not thinking straight and I lose a game for the town. Now I'm pissed and I feel bad.
I truly did enjoy this game. Thank you for it, I hope to play with you again.
#freeShotty
Antihero
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
Antihero
al;kdjfal;kj
al;kdjfal;kj

Post Post #777 (ISO) » Sun Oct 10, 2010 12:55 pm

Post by Antihero »

Good job, nopoint and Xscorp. Thanks for compensating for my fail.
The distance between insanity and genius is measured only by success.
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #778 (ISO) » Sun Oct 10, 2010 1:29 pm

Post by MagnaofIllusion »

Thanks for the game Kunk - it was an interesting mechanic that I'm sure can be adapted to other roles / games.

I'm not enamored of my effort this game. I didn't really get any effective hunting going until Antihero died and the VC analysis pointed to both the remaining scum in the Cara - NoPoint - Shotty group.

But by then Mykoninan was so dead set in quick-ending the day it became moot.

I was suspicious of NoPoint when he started taking pot-shots Day 3 attempting to discredit my analysis in any way he could. NoPoint made the absolutely correct choice in killing me over Myk. I would certainly have taken more time Day 4 after two straight days of rushed lynches.

Shotty stop playing Mafia. Seriously. You've offically made my Mod blacklist. I have yet to see you play a single game in a manner that can be considered better than incompetant. And I will be replacing out of any non-Large game that I encounter you in. In large games I will get you lynched. You are that detrimental.

RedCoyote - The minute LMP claimed to have the Vig and you confirmed it I understood completely why you were defending him so hard. Totally clear ... I've played in games where I've had to make arguments I didn't 100% believe in for strategic reasons (Clash of Kings Mafia).

Jack - Your gambiting is pointless. You may claim to have had a great read Day 1 but what did your gambit accomplish? You took the heat off of one Mafia player and spent the rest of the day pushing on Myk, the only non-Mafian on your scum list. Not to mention your obvious lie undermined any credibility you had with Town. Constantly making fake-claims Day 1 puts you in a select group with Zwet IMO.

Mykonian - I think as a Cop I understand some of your behavior that made me uneasy. That said your absolute need to end Day 3 so quickly without letting discussion develop was bad, even with a confirmed guilty. NoPoint's actions surrounding the dana lynch and his subsequent defense were worth continued discussion. And immediately voting Shotty (who you had a Innocent scan on) Day 4 simply because you feared a Godfather was a poor choice.

David Parker - I read you questioning about why you were lynched Day 1 in the Dead QT. Do you seriously wonder why? You contributed nothing of value to the Town at all. My push on you after the Stef wagon fell apart was pure Policy lynch. I just didn't call it that and wrapped it in a wrapper of your bad gameplay.

LynchMePls - I really don't understand you sometimes. I've directly seen stellar gameplay from you as scum. My attack on you was 100% genuine. With your miller claim I absolutely thought it was fake and we were in a modified mountainous setting. I really thought you played scummy Day 1. I guess I'll throw this in my meta jar for you personally.

Dana - Your rushed lynch was bad (and had all 3 scum who joined it rapidly) but your attack on RedCoyote made no sense. You didn't consider that your scan results didn't confirm him as scum.

I look forward to seeing most of you in future games.
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
Haschel Cedricson
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Mr. Know It All

Post Post #779 (ISO) » Sun Oct 10, 2010 1:45 pm

Post by Haschel Cedricson »

I don't get a comment? :-(
XScorpion
XScorpion
Mafia Scum
XScorpion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #780 (ISO) » Sun Oct 10, 2010 1:48 pm

Post by XScorpion »

I'm actually surprised no one pointed me out for sheeping MoI all game...that's definitely not a town-scorpion move.
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #781 (ISO) » Sun Oct 10, 2010 1:49 pm

Haschel Cedricson wrote:I don't get a comment? :-(
Honestly you didn't last long enought to be top of mind :P

I'd really have to play with you again to get a good feel for your play.

That said I can't come up with any solid complaints.

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
LimMePls
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #782 (ISO) » Sun Oct 10, 2010 1:57 pm

Post by LimMePls »

@MOI: The thing that turned me off you was when you said that I was playing to my scum meta. I play pretty damn good as scum, and frankly I play pretty shit as town. And I was playing pretty shit in this game. So I was pretty baffled when you said my play looked like my scum play. But I couldn't really come out and say "I'm playing like shit, so I'm town". I tried hinting at that. I dunno what else to say. What is so funny to me is that when I replaced in and claimed miller, you specifically said it was very town of me. So I was a bit surprised when you came out D2 calling me scum so strong.

Do you really not understand why I thought Jack was scum if DP was scum? When I made the statement about shooting Jack, it was after DP claimed scum and before the flip.
"LynchMePls is more town than all the players I've ever declared to be townies. And that's never going to change." - Drippereth

V/LA on weekends
Robocopter87
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #783 (ISO) » Sun Oct 10, 2010 1:58 pm

Post by Robocopter87 »

Last edited by Robocopter87 on Sun Oct 10, 2010 3:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Although the border between madness and genius is very narrow.

"I am so totally obsessed with you. You caught me." - Tracy
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #784 (ISO) » Sun Oct 10, 2010 2:13 pm

Robocopter
- No one cares. I've seen this mechanic before on other sites. You are not some grand originator. Kunk deserves all the credit in making HIS game.

LMP
- By scum meta I really was referencing your play in Castlevania Mafia. From my perspective you were playing a very similar game. Probably a case of confirmation bias.

And no - Your statement about DP scum implying Jack scum makes absolutely no sense to me.

The Miller claim when replacing in was a very Townie move. It didn't, however, outweigh all the things that I saw and attacked in your Day 1 play.

LimMePls
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #785 (ISO) » Sun Oct 10, 2010 2:22 pm

Post by LimMePls »

DP calls Jack obv-town all game.
Jack claims a role that proves a scummy person is town.
Suddenly DP calls Jack scum.
DP claims scum.

I don't know how you can't think this makes Jack a pretty decent choice for scum. And even if you don't think it makes him more likely scum, how you turn that into "the person saying that must be scum". Also, as I stated, if the vig flip shows he is telling the truth, it clears Stef, which removes a mislynch target from the game (not ideal but not terrible). If he flips scum, YEAH!

What specifically about my play are you equating to Castlevania? Cause I don't see it.

V/LA on weekends
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #786 (ISO) » Sun Oct 10, 2010 3:00 pm

LynchMePls wrote:DP calls Jack obv-town all game.
DP claims scum.

I don't know how you can't think this makes Jack a pretty decent choice for scum. And even if you don't think it makes him more likely scum, how you turn that into "the person saying that must be scum". Also, as I stated, if the vig flip shows he is telling the truth, it clears Stef, which removes a mislynch target from the game (not ideal but not terrible). If he flips scum, YEAH!
Where we have the disconnect here involves the quality and reliability of any information provided by DavidParker.

1. His Mafia claim is the kind of VI play I've seen elsewhere.
2. He admitted his early reads basically were thrown off the cuff with no real reason. If anything he was buddying up to a vet player early on.

And your call for his vig based on the outcomes fails on one critical front -

1. You didn't include option 3 - he was lying as Town in a pointless gambit. That destroys any upside vigging Jack would provide for Town.

LimMePls
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #787 (ISO) » Sun Oct 10, 2010 3:06 pm

Post by LimMePls »

Well I have 0 experience with Jack before this game. I didn't know he had a zwet like meta. Why did you assume I should have considered that? Why didn't you just point that out to me? And still, why did my false assumption make me scum?

V/LA on weekends
Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #788 (ISO) » Sun Oct 10, 2010 3:16 pm

Post by Jack »

davidp was clearly town and his claim was was clearly town...scum can think of a fake claim easy!

That rush to end the day confused me greatly.
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #789 (ISO) » Sun Oct 10, 2010 7:51 pm

Post by mykonian »

MagnaofIllusion wrote:Thanks for the game Kunk - it was an interesting mechanic that I'm sure can be adapted to other roles / games.

I'm not enamored of my effort this game. I didn't really get any effective hunting going until Antihero died and the VC analysis pointed to both the remaining scum in the Cara - NoPoint - Shotty group.

But by then Mykoninan was so dead set in quick-ending the day it became moot.
I'm sorry, but I had very little confidence in your analysis. As was remarked earlier, my hammer of DP D1 made absolutely no sense, and I expected that you would at least mention my name in your analysis. Nothing.

And I hoped to get information from a situation where scum didn't have time to settle. Next time I'll do that part again, seen afterwards it worked better then I had expected, I should have been more confident in my reads from that day. About the last day... well I'm afraid Xscorp/Nopoint had been on my townlist all the time. And you can't go that wrong with a read you have from page 2, right? :/
Jack wrote:davidp was clearly town and his claim was was clearly town...scum can think of a fake claim easy!

What were the alternatives? You shot down the only scumwagon we had that day.
Surrender, imagine and of course wear something nice.
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #790 (ISO) » Sun Oct 10, 2010 7:57 pm

Post by mykonian »

kunkstar7 wrote:
Mykonian wrote:If you are going to make a game, post all the rules, and know all the mechanics. Everything you change while the game is already going is going to make me sad.
The last sentence was why I was really hesitant about the whole vig deal at the end. I was wondering, now that you've played in the "pass the x" style mechanic, if you would like to review the Large Theme version of the game. I believe it was you who offered when I posted in the Review Thread.
Yes, I did. I'm a little short on time right now, but if you aren't in a hurry, I should be able to help you.
Surrender, imagine and of course wear something nice.
DavidParker
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
DavidParker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #791 (ISO) » Mon Oct 11, 2010 5:40 am

Post by DavidParker »

Jack wrote:davidp was clearly town and his claim was was clearly town...scum can think of a fake claim easy!

Obviously!!!
LynchMePls wrote:DP calls Jack obv-town all game.
DP claims scum.

What specifically about my play are you equating to Castlevania? Cause I don't see it.
Umm. I don't remember calling jack scum, in fact i never thought he was scum for a second, i just started getting skeptical when some game was brought up where he made a similar claim or a similar role was used and he claimed it here. Regardless, it was intentional, i never really thought jack was scum for a second this game. If at any point I suggested he might be scum it was probably merely to save myself since i knew i was town and was only 95% sure jack was town.

It's funny how jack was my only town read and he was so sure i was town, but everyone else was sure both of us were scum.
"To die will be an awfully big adventure"
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #792 (ISO) » Sat Nov 20, 2010 11:17 am

Post by MeMe »

last post
Remember...It's not a lie if you believe it. -- G. Costanza

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”