nopointinactingup
nopointinactingup
Mafia Scum
nopointinactingup
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #750 (ISO) » Sun Oct 10, 2010 6:07 am

Post by nopointinactingup »

If I had come to this game as town, I would have been on to you and Anti-hero so hard =)
Justice will prevail
\m/
nopointinactingup
nopointinactingup
Mafia Scum
nopointinactingup
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #751 (ISO) » Sun Oct 10, 2010 6:11 am

XScorpion wrote: Hard to lose after that.
Jack flipped VT
Myko investigated Stef
@@
Justice will prevail
\m/
LimMePls
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
LimMePls
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #752 (ISO) » Sun Oct 10, 2010 6:11 am

Post by LimMePls »

I can't win a game when I'm town to save my freaking life.

I thought this would be the one to snap my losing streak. sigh...

Seriously, I'm not joining games with shotty anymore. He has done something OFF THE CHARTS STUPID every game I've been in with him.
"LynchMePls is more town than all the players I've ever declared to be townies. And that's never going to change." - Drippereth

V/LA on weekends
nopointinactingup
nopointinactingup
Mafia Scum
nopointinactingup
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #753 (ISO) » Sun Oct 10, 2010 6:14 am

Welcome to the club LMP.
Justice will prevail
\m/
XScorpion
XScorpion
Mafia Scum
XScorpion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #754 (ISO) » Sun Oct 10, 2010 6:14 am

Post by XScorpion »

nopointinactingup wrote:If I had come to this game as town, I would have been on to you and Anti-hero so hard =)
I'd probably just make the "omg it's cuz you hate me in every game" argument, which worked on Robocopter before so I don't see why it wouldn't work on you too.
nopointinactingup
nopointinactingup
Mafia Scum
nopointinactingup
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #755 (ISO) » Sun Oct 10, 2010 6:15 am

Hmmm.. I dunno maybe it's because I'm not Robocopter?
Justice will prevail
\m/
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #756 (ISO) » Sun Oct 10, 2010 6:30 am

Post by mykonian »

Read the death topic, and it seems I have something to explain.

I have, here and there, not been completely honest with you. The DP lynch was from my point of view a decent one. After Stef had been "confirmed" (you are going to die, Jack. As soon as I can), my position wasn't great and the last thing I wanted was the bandwagon on me to take off. I did not really have an interest letting the DP wagon fail as I didn't see any other wagon that I liked. Of course, I didn't want to give that away because "I'm going to lynch someone else but me" is generally not accepted :P I stuck with my read and when I had the change, I hammered before any discussion could arise. Bye DP, on who I had a neutral read.
Sorry haschel for the investigation, but I had a gut-scum read on you and I wanted to get a confirmed read on you.

D2. Sure I didn't mind a stef-lynch, but when I did try that, Dana (please get some experience) for one dismissed it as being too old. While the wagon had momentum on D1, this had completely disappeared and with Stef lurking like hell, there was nothing but "lurking" to convince the town. And virtually nobody on MS is convinced by that, so Stef's lurking was paying off.

D3. With the guilty, things were going well. I had one solid read from the rest of the game... which proved to be wrong but nevertheless. The plan was very easy. Get a lot of pressure on the Cara wagon, without claiming. Nopoint didn't hesitate, shotty gave off definate towntells, but LMP waited till somebody actually tried to convince him and MoI did nothing but say that we shouldn't quicklynch and we needed massclaim.

well, I explained something d4, but with shotty and nopoint as townreads, I didn't think it could go wrong. Only one scenario I wouldn't know what to do, which was the MoI-LMP scenario.

Shotty's day 4 posts didn't really matter. Nopoint had basically won the game by keeping me alive and convincing with his bus D3 that my earlier read on him was right.
Surrender, imagine and of course wear something nice.
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #757 (ISO) » Sun Oct 10, 2010 6:37 am

Post by mykonian »

about the game in general (aka
@mod
)

If you are going to make a game, post all the rules, and know all the mechanics. Everything you change while the game is already going is going to make me sad.

About the setup.

Town had 2 vig kills and 4 lynches. If the last lynch had been right, that would have made a 3/6 = 1/2 lynch/kill accuracy, with a town win. That is pretty great for town. Together with 2 information roles, this game seems town sided. For example, if Jack wouldn't have made his fakeclaim, and stef had been lynched day 1, with dana reading his result the right way that would have given town 1 (practically) confirmed player, 2 scum, and 6 unknown players. If the vig, or the cop, or the lynch pick off one more scum, the tracker can confirm every night. For every nightkill scum makes, town makes the lynchpool of scum smaller with 3.

I think this game was a little townsided and it is only given to good scumplay and terrible townplay (and I'm not talking about shotty), that scum won this.
Robocopter87
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #758 (ISO) » Sun Oct 10, 2010 7:04 am

Post by Robocopter87 »

Blah blah not important...
Last edited by kunkstar7 on Sun Oct 10, 2010 7:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Although the border between madness and genius is very narrow.

"I am so totally obsessed with you. You caught me." - Tracy
XScorpion
XScorpion
Mafia Scum
XScorpion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #759 (ISO) » Sun Oct 10, 2010 7:08 am

Post by XScorpion »

Hmmm.. I dunno maybe it's because I'm not Robocopter?
Not really relevant, I still think I could have convinced others that you were behaving like him.
Moot point anyway. I honestly hate playing scum, I think my biggest scumtell is lack of motivation...
Haschel Cedricson
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Mr. Know It All
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #760 (ISO) » Sun Oct 10, 2010 7:30 am

Post by Haschel Cedricson »

Hey Kunkstar, last Friday I stole this setup and ran it as a face-to-face game for the WOUFellas Social Club, only I increased the number of scum from three to five. The town lost the cop and the tracker on night 1, but still managed to lynch the final Mafia member with five townies left.

This wound up being a close game, but it was mostly the town making things difficult for themselves; without Jack, dana, and drmyshottyizsik doing their things this game wouldn't have been as close.

Everybody at the live-action game loved the mechanic of passing the vig, though, and so did I. Thanks for modding this game; I really enjoyed it.
Haschel Cedricson
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Haschel Cedricson
Mr. Know It All
Mr. Know It All
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #761 (ISO) » Sun Oct 10, 2010 7:36 am

Post by Haschel Cedricson »

EBWOP: Just read the scum Quicktopic. People actually thought I was breadcrumbing? That's exactly the opposite of what I was trying to do.
kunkstar7
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #762 (ISO) » Sun Oct 10, 2010 7:36 am

Post by kunkstar7 »

Mykonian wrote:If you are going to make a game, post all the rules, and know all the mechanics. Everything you change while the game is already going is going to make me sad.
The last sentence was why I was really hesitant about the whole vig deal at the end. I was wondering, now that you've played in the "pass the x" style mechanic, if you would like to review the Large Theme version of the game. I believe it was you who offered when I posted in the Review Thread.

This mechanic can be run again with or without a special setup, so I might in the future try it out again, probably as an open with the modified mountainous setup instead, to focus on daygame and the vig.
Welcome to the Network.
Carapuce
Carapuce
Townie
Carapuce
Townie
Townie

Post Post #763 (ISO) » Sun Oct 10, 2010 9:13 am

Post by Carapuce »

That was annoying, myks made it obvious in his first couple posts that he was a cop with a guilty on me. Just tried to stall for a bit and then make something that makes it look like NAU was town by voting for Scorp, fueling the N1 innocent or gut feeling from myk that he was town. Considered claiming that myk was cop before I died incase NAU didnt realize it.

Shocked scum won it. Read the game before my role and had Scorp as top pick and my role as second one. That read was legitimate, just had to tone down the case and make it look ugly.
Robocopter87
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #764 (ISO) » Sun Oct 10, 2010 9:26 am

Post by Robocopter87 »

Blah.

RedCoyote
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
RedCoyote
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #765 (ISO) » Sun Oct 10, 2010 10:21 am

Post by RedCoyote »

The Mod tried his best to address the situation, I think. He hadn't thought about a specific circumstance, so he tried to address it in the fairest way possible.

doc shotty's move, especially given his last post in the game, was downright trolling. That's what I consider it to be at least. I propose that everyone here refuses to let him in any games you may mod in the future. I would also strongly advise you, if you can help it, not to play any more games with him. I'm going to try my best not to have to play with him.

Jack's move was very, very questionable. I think he just did it because he felt very sure of himself, but that's really over-the-top for me. I don't think he thought that one through enough.

It was a mistake for us to lynch dana when we did, and I was a big part of that. When I reread his post after I made my first comment, I felt like I had made a mistake. I was really just too lazy to want to fight dana over it and try to protect LynchMePls against Magna's good posting. I just wanted that day to be over.

By the way, Magna, I want you to know that my entire D2 was so very artificial. More than just an obligation to protect LynchMePls because I sent him the vig, I felt like I really did believe his claim. You really had the better argument there, and it distressed me over how concocted I felt my posts were looking because I had no real leads in this game other than "scum team is lurking". The activity was atrocious in this game, and the scum were smart to take advantage of that.

I would say the setup is definitely town-sided. A competent town would've been able to do much better, I think. If anyone plans to use this mechanic again, I'd suggest incorporating Hiders/Bulletproof abilities in some way.

Anyways, thanks to our Mod for putting a real effort into this game throughout. Congratulations to the scumteam (although you effectively had a traitor helping you). Thanks to all the players who stayed and/or replaced in. No thanks to the doc.
Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #766 (ISO) » Sun Oct 10, 2010 10:26 am

Post by Jack »

XScorpion wrote:Good job nopoint for picking up my spot, well played :D

Jack and Shotty both definitely shot the town in the foot. After I saw Jack fakeclaim with a best friend on my scumbuddy, there was much lols. Hard to lose after that.
I figured haschel and red would know it was fake. Haschel did anyway.

But you and antihero's bussing threw me off on that.

Can't say my claim caused the town loss. Probably had the best read on the game at the point I claimed.
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #767 (ISO) » Sun Oct 10, 2010 10:32 am

Post by mykonian »

Jack wrote:
XScorpion wrote:Good job nopoint for picking up my spot, well played :D

Jack and Shotty both definitely shot the town in the foot. After I saw Jack fakeclaim with a best friend on my scumbuddy, there was much lols. Hard to lose after that.
I figured haschel and red would know it was fake. Haschel did anyway.

But you and antihero's bussing threw me off on that.

Can't say my claim caused the town loss. Probably had the best read on the game at the point I claimed.
you didn't do a thing with it, and the only read you did something with was wrong. And since one thing hardly ever causes a town loss, you didn't
cause
it. But it was a terrible fakeclaim that would have done little in the towns favor if it hadn't been on scum, and was quite devastating when you did claim an innocent on town.

I'm quite mad that you took away my chance of leading my first day 1 lynch on scum. :( Had I finally caught scum in the first 3 pages of the game, is there some insane towny who has to fakeclaim an innocent on him. (*&%Q*@$
Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #768 (ISO) » Sun Oct 10, 2010 11:50 am

Post by Jack »

I had picked out xscorp and antihero due partly to their scummy cases on stef, shifting the wagon off him was the correct move given what I'd seen.
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #769 (ISO) » Sun Oct 10, 2010 12:05 pm

Post by mykonian »

Jack wrote:I had picked out xscorp and antihero due partly to their scummy cases on stef, shifting the wagon off him was the correct move given what I'd seen.
And you voted me because my case was scummy too, I assume. Even looking at it afterwards, I have really mentioned fairly accurate scumtells I found on Stef. And if we look at the following votecounts, we see a bandwagon on Dana, Me, David. But not scorp or antihero which you now name happily.

Basically, from the point where you thought you should shake up the game with a fakeclaim town lost all its direction. And now afterwards you try to justify it by saying you suspected scorp and antihero.

Next time, don't think too much. Just lynch scum.
Robocopter87
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Robocopter87
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #770 (ISO) » Sun Oct 10, 2010 12:14 pm

Post by Robocopter87 »

Stop editing my posts!

drmyshottyizsik
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #771 (ISO) » Sun Oct 10, 2010 12:16 pm

Post by drmyshottyizsik »

I mis counted who was left I'm sorry!
I thought it was mylo. And basicly it was. Since town had a Vig shot if a nolynch had happened then town could have won.
#freeShotty
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #772 (ISO) » Sun Oct 10, 2010 12:16 pm

Post by mykonian »

Robocopter87 wrote:Blehhh
Why do you keep making posts when you obviously don't have anything to say?
Jack
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #773 (ISO) » Sun Oct 10, 2010 12:17 pm

Post by Jack »

mykonian wrote:
Jack wrote:I had picked out xscorp and antihero due partly to their scummy cases on stef, shifting the wagon off him was the correct move given what I'd seen.
And you voted me because my case was scummy too, I assume. Even looking at it afterwards, I have really mentioned fairly accurate scumtells I found on Stef. And if we look at the following votecounts, we see a bandwagon on Dana, Me, David. But not scorp or antihero which you now name happily.

Basically, from the point where you thought you should shake up the game with a fakeclaim town lost all its direction. And now afterwards you try to justify it by saying you suspected scorp and antihero.

Next time, don't think too much. Just lynch scum.
I'm just discussing a theory point not playing the blame game :oops:

I said the scumteam was myk-antihero-xscorp in my claim post.
drmyshottyizsik
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #774 (ISO) » Sun Oct 10, 2010 12:18 pm

Post by drmyshottyizsik »

mykonian wrote:
Robocopter87 wrote:Blehhh
Why do you keep making posts when you obviously don't have anything to say?
they are being editted by our [sarcasm]great[/sarcasm] Mod
#freeShotty

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”