Charlie
Mafia Scum
Charlie
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #125 (ISO) » Fri Oct 08, 2010 5:11 am

Post by Charlie »

Vote count 4

RichardGHP (5) - Shotty to the Body, Casus Belli, FakeGod, Substrike22, Reckamonic
Shotty to the Body (3) - jmurph3, SpyreX, Nachomamma8
FakeGod (1) - masfloohinev
jmurph3 (1) - q21
Casus Belli (1) - Cogito Ergo Sum

Not voting: RichardGHP
With 12 alive it takes 7 to lynch.
Kindness
Casus Belli
Casus Belli
Townie
Casus Belli
Townie
Townie

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Fri Oct 08, 2010 8:06 am

Post by Casus Belli »

@CES - don't buy what? You haven't made a single relevant observation all game; on the plus side, you are now on our probable scum list, and here is why. You voted richard in 34, a seemingly innocent RVS bandwagon vote. At the time of your vote change in post 72 the three leading wagons were:
Richard - 5
Shotty - 4
masf - 3

You then switched votes to masf (for no documented reasoning), putting all the wagons at 4 votes; but at the time it seems like while the masf wagon is picking up some steam the Shotty wagon looks like it has the most momentum and at the time the Richard wagon was still mostly RVS bandwagoning. Why did you switch votes?

You then chainsaw defend Richard by, out of the blue, questioning our read on Richard, and then voting for us. Was there a reason you thought we might not be serious when you quoted us in 109? If we didn't know any better we would think you are preparing to jump ship on the masf wagon; oh wait, you did jump ship on that wagon because you didn't "buy" that we were serious about our Richard read.

Could it be that easy? Richard, masf, and CES?
"Some folks look for answers, some folks look for fights;
Some folks up in treetops, just looking for their kites."
RichardGHP
RichardGHP
Parama's Alt
RichardGHP
Parama's Alt
Parama's Alt

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Fri Oct 08, 2010 8:52 am

Post by RichardGHP »

No it couldn't, and you damn well know it. No-one has ever legitimately caught all three scum within the first day.
FakeGod
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
FakeGod
Seven-Colored Puppeteer
Seven-Colored Puppeteer

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Fri Oct 08, 2010 9:04 am

Post by FakeGod »

@Richard: Question: why did you say that no one ever caught all three scum first day, instead of just straight up denial "I'm not scum"?
My favorite site mod is Zor Tester.
I have Brandi's autograph! I bet you're jealous.

Calling all touhou fans!
RichardGHP
RichardGHP
Parama's Alt
RichardGHP
Parama's Alt
Parama's Alt

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Fri Oct 08, 2010 9:06 am

Post by RichardGHP »

I'm not scum.
RichardGHP
RichardGHP
Parama's Alt
RichardGHP
Parama's Alt
Parama's Alt

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Fri Oct 08, 2010 9:06 am

Post by RichardGHP »

There, happy now?
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Fri Oct 08, 2010 9:32 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

V/LA until Monday.
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

-- Fate, Vanilla Townie, was brutally stabbed by a throwing sword in endgame.
q21
q21
Mafia Scum
q21
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Fri Oct 08, 2010 9:55 am

Post by q21 »

I getting suspicious of CES, three votes and half a reason (and I'm being generous to give him that much) between them. Its scummy.
RichardGHP wrote:No it couldn't, and you damn well know it. No-one has ever legitimately caught all three scum within the first day.
This is a scummy way to try and push the suspicion off of yourself. Scummier yet is the complete failure to answer FakeGod's subsequent question.
"I can't not give mad props to the murderbot 9000 that was q21." - Spyrex, after Scummies Invitational 2010.

You know those times when you wish you could think of something really funny or interesting to say, but just can't?... Yep, this is one of those times.
Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Fri Oct 08, 2010 11:11 am

Post by Cogito Ergo Sum »

Casus Belli wrote:@CES - don't buy what?
I don't buy that you ascribe such a high likelihood to Richard being scum so early and based on so little.
Casus Belli wrote:You then switched votes to masf (for no documented reasoning), putting all the wagons at 4 votes; but at the time it seems like while the masf wagon is picking up some steam the Shotty wagon looks like it has the most momentum and at the time the Richard wagon was still mostly RVS bandwagoning. Why did you switch votes?
The massflowwagon seemed the most promising at the time based on a fairly shallow reading of the thread.
Casus Belli wrote:Was there a reason you thought we might not be serious when you quoted us in 109?
There are plenty of people on the site that routinely overstate their suspicions - who, in fact, tend to accuse you of weaselwording if you don't overstate your own suspicions.
q21 wrote:I getting suspicious of CES, three votes and half a reason (and I'm being generous to give him that much) between them. Its scummy.
I believe that's above average for me on page 6 in the reasons department - and about par in the votes department.
Scumchat is awesome. Yarr!

~"Multiple exclamation marks are a sure sign of a diseased mind."~
RichardGHP
RichardGHP
Parama's Alt
RichardGHP
Parama's Alt
Parama's Alt

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Fri Oct 08, 2010 3:44 pm

Post by RichardGHP »

Vote: Spyrex
because his play thus far does not read as town. This is not something I am likely to explain further.
jmurph3
jmurph3
Goon
jmurph3
Goon
Goon

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Fri Oct 08, 2010 5:09 pm

Post by jmurph3 »

Hey all - Something has unexpectedly come up and I will thus be
V/LA until Monday the 11th
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Fri Oct 08, 2010 6:48 pm

Post by SpyreX »

@Spyre: I'd pick the second one obviously. Your question was loaded because it was so black and white so I was trying to explain why there could be enough information to warrant that view.
Sooo, it actually wasn't hyperbole in 50 then?
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
Reckamonic
Reckamonic
Goon
Reckamonic
Goon
Goon

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Fri Oct 08, 2010 7:34 pm

Post by Reckamonic »

RichardGHP wrote:
Vote: Spyrex
because his play thus far does not read as town. This is not something I am likely to explain further.
And this is why we want to lynch your anti-town ass today.
._.
meeeeeeep?
RichardGHP
RichardGHP
Parama's Alt
RichardGHP
Parama's Alt
Parama's Alt

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Sat Oct 09, 2010 9:12 am

Post by RichardGHP »

On the contrary, my ass is as pro-town as the rest of me. Maybe more!
masfloohinev
masfloohinev
Townie
masfloohinev
Townie
Townie

Post Post #139 (ISO) » Sun Oct 10, 2010 1:12 am

Post by masfloohinev »

q21, I want to know your current reads on those players.
Casus Belli wrote:
masfloohinev Post 105 wrote:
Casus Belli wrote:With how scummy Richard is, Mas and his reasonless Shotty vote looks like an attempt to distract the town away from the growing Richard wagon. Still we find Richard scummier than Mas, so no switch from us.
Have you never seen somebody vote for somebody without giving reasons? This is really reaching. Keep in mind this was an RVS bandwagon.
Yes we have seen people voting without reason before. You.
This doesn't answer my question, and I think you know it.
Casus Belli wrote:
masfloohinev Post 105 wrote:Casus Belli, why didn't you give any reads in your previous post?
Read it again. We said Richard and yourself are likely scum, in our book, those are reads.
No, you didn't. I'm talking about this post.
Casus Belli wrote:Wasn't it you just arguing that FakeGod's reasonless vote was a reaction to your vote on Shotty? Why can't we propose the likelihood of your hop on Shotty as a reaction to Richards growing wagon considering the timing and how you gently pushed it on with subsequent posts.
...because the theory that I'm protecting RichardGHP is reaching whereas the idea that FakeGod could've been scum trying to avoid commenting on the game was logical.

I thought it over and like this alternative to my FakeGod vote:
Unvote. Vote: Casus Belli
masfloohinev
masfloohinev
Townie
masfloohinev
Townie
Townie

Post Post #140 (ISO) » Sun Oct 10, 2010 5:37 am

Post by masfloohinev »

Reckamonic wrote:Your avatar is incredibly unlikeable, though, masnlfllooovz.
Better?
q21
q21
Mafia Scum
q21
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #141 (ISO) » Sun Oct 10, 2010 7:45 am

Post by q21 »

Cogito Ergo Sum wrote:
q21 wrote:I getting suspicious of CES, three votes and half a reason (and I'm being generous to give him that much) between them. Its scummy.
I believe that's above average for me on page 6 in the reasons department - and about par in the votes department.
Does the ratio of reasons to votes go up as the game goes on?
masfloohinev wrote:q21, I want to know your current reads on those players.
I thought my last post on this subject made it quite clear that my read on those players is null.
"I can't not give mad props to the murderbot 9000 that was q21." - Spyrex, after Scummies Invitational 2010.

You know those times when you wish you could think of something really funny or interesting to say, but just can't?... Yep, this is one of those times.
masfloohinev
masfloohinev
Townie
masfloohinev
Townie
Townie

Post Post #142 (ISO) » Sun Oct 10, 2010 9:53 am

Post by masfloohinev »

Umm.... no. You didn't make that very clear. But do you have a read on Casus Belli?
q21
q21
Mafia Scum
q21
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #143 (ISO) » Sun Oct 10, 2010 10:00 am

Post by q21 »

mas - I like Casus Belli's play at the moment.

Casus Belli
Casus Belli
Townie
Casus Belli
Townie
Townie

Post Post #144 (ISO) » Mon Oct 11, 2010 9:46 am

Post by Casus Belli »

RichardGHP, 127 wrote:No it couldn't, and you damn well know it. No-one has ever legitimately caught all three scum within the first day.
Okay, so who which one of your buddies are we missing?
Cogito Ergo Sum Post 133 wrote:
Casus Belli wrote:@CES - don't buy what?
I don't buy that you ascribe such a high likelihood to Richard being scum so early and based on so little.
Richard is our top suspect, do we think he is 100% scum? No, but that wasn't what you asked us, you wanted to know if our statement about him being scum was serious. What about the other players who have also called various players scum or scummy?
masfloohinev Post 139 wrote:
Casus Belli wrote:
masfloohinev Post 105 wrote:
Casus Belli wrote:With how scummy Richard is, Mas and his reasonless Shotty vote looks like an attempt to distract the town away from the growing Richard wagon. Still we find Richard scummier than Mas, so no switch from us.
Have you never seen somebody vote for somebody without giving reasons? This is really reaching. Keep in mind this was an RVS bandwagon.
Yes we have seen people voting without reason before. You.
This doesn't answer my question, and I think you know it.
It does answer your question. If this isn't the answer you want you are going to have to be clear with what you were driving at here. Both players of this hydra have seen plenty of situations where a reasonless vote has been placed. Why does it matter?
Casus Belli wrote:
masfloohinev Post 105 wrote:Casus Belli, why didn't you give any reads in your previous post?
Read it again. We said Richard and yourself are likely scum, in our book, those are reads.
No, you didn't. I'm talking about this post.
When you said “previous post” it sounded like you were talking about our last post. As for the one you quoted we had a couple of ideas, but wanted to question a few people before coming out with our reads at the time. As you can also see we didn't move our vote from Richard because we were feeling scum there, but there was a lot going on and wanted to see what the explanations were for all that (which Shotty still hasn't answered).

We don't think there is anything wrong with asking questions before forming a more solid judgment. This is what we did.
Casus Belli wrote:Wasn't it you just arguing that FakeGod's reasonless vote was a reaction to your vote on Shotty? Why can't we propose the likelihood of your hop on Shotty as a reaction to Richards growing wagon considering the timing and how you gently pushed it on with subsequent posts.
...because the theory that I'm protecting RichardGHP is reaching whereas the idea that FakeGod could've been scum trying to avoid commenting on the game was logical.
Why is our suggestion a reach and your similar assumption logical? From what we can see it is working of the same basic logic that scum look to cause a distraction. Your vote came at a time that Richard's wagon was really picking up speed. If you are his buddy then wanting to distract from his wagon would be a natural reaction; hence your poking and vote on Shotty.
"Some folks look for answers, some folks look for fights;
Some folks up in treetops, just looking for their kites."
RichardGHP
RichardGHP
Parama's Alt
RichardGHP
Parama's Alt
Parama's Alt

Post Post #145 (ISO) » Mon Oct 11, 2010 3:51 pm

Post by RichardGHP »

Casus Belli wrote:
RichardGHP, 127 wrote:No it couldn't, and you damn well know it. No-one has ever legitimately caught all three scum within the first day.
Okay, so who which one of your buddies are we missing?
I can't speak for the buddy of the other two, but nowhere in the threesome does my good self feature. If I had to guess I'd say you're probably missing two, maybe even all three of the scum.
Shotty to the Body
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Shotty to the Body
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #146 (ISO) » Mon Oct 11, 2010 4:13 pm

Post by Shotty to the Body »

RichardGHP wrote:On the contrary, my ass is as pro-town as the rest of me. Maybe more!
Then show us something? Why are you voting Spyre? This is fairly typical tunneling from him.

@Spyre: I missed where I said that.
"By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest." -Confucius
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #147 (ISO) » Mon Oct 11, 2010 4:36 pm

Post by SpyreX »

Keep painting it as tunneling.

You're quotes are pointless when it's essentially the whole ISO (5/6 post-start posts) with zero explanation. Post 50 was hyperbole if you want to get technical, the point was focused at mahfloo and OMGUS from GHP. "Little to no" doesn't mean zero either, Richard and mahfloogsfaslk are the best bet right now in my opinion, so I'm voting them and laying out some points. If you want to sit around and wait til page 10 to start I'll just back off and we can twiddle our thumbs and not generate any info.

@Spyre: I'd pick the second one obviously. Your question was loaded because it was so black and white so I was trying to explain why there could be enough information to warrant that view.

3.) Little to no doesn't mean zero. This is true. HOWEVER, it sure doesn't mean, again "Richard is scum and the wagon on me is scum saving scum". So, again (and I'll update it): So, what's the dealio. Is it " little to no information" or is it "Richard is scum and the wagon on me is scum saving scum".

If its the second one then: Scum team to the rescue with a counterwagon! is not hyperbole because you're not ACTUALLY exaggerating what you are saying.
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
Reckamonic
Reckamonic
Goon
Reckamonic
Goon
Goon

Post Post #148 (ISO) » Mon Oct 11, 2010 5:06 pm

Post by Reckamonic »

Casus Belli is very town. Anyone attacking him from here on out is on our radar.

Including you, CES. There is no reasoning given for you to "not buy" Casus Belli's read on Richard.

Also, maflylhsldufnoo is ignoring Richard. Isn't it cute how he's trying not to bus his scumbuddy? d'awwwww.

Our vote stands.
._.
meeeeeeep?
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #149 (ISO) » Mon Oct 11, 2010 5:16 pm

Post by SpyreX »

RECK