nopointinactingup
nopointinactingup
Mafia Scum
nopointinactingup
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #725 (ISO) » Sat Oct 09, 2010 11:45 pm

Post by nopointinactingup »

say Mykonian, are you doubting I'm town o_0?
Justice will prevail
\m/
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #726 (ISO) » Sat Oct 09, 2010 11:58 pm

Post by mykonian »

This was the one scenario I didn't want. I have had a very strong townread on you, but D3 I saw some towntells with shotty. If only one of you had been in endgame, I would have most likely gone for the other person alive.

But with both.

and an innocent result on shotty (I investigated him because I thought he was likely to get to endgame as scum would keep him alive) I was starting to doubt my reads.

Oh, yes, the reason I didn't want massclaim was because as cop (thats me), I was very content with the vig acting as a lightning rod for the kills. And it is common knowledge that the cop is the stronger role.

However, from day one I have expected that there was a GF in this setup. It would make sense as scum didn't really have other PR's available to them (the RB was a broken role).
Surrender, imagine and of course wear something nice.
nopointinactingup
nopointinactingup
Mafia Scum
nopointinactingup
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #727 (ISO) » Sun Oct 10, 2010 12:02 am

Ahh I knew you were the cop when you hesitate so much after we lynch Shotty. Yup, there's a godfather alright ^^
Justice will prevail
\m/
nopointinactingup
nopointinactingup
Mafia Scum
nopointinactingup
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #728 (ISO) » Sun Oct 10, 2010 12:05 am

It's reasonable for there to be a godfather, because the two mafias we goons and towns have 2 investigative tracker + cop combo which makes things exceedingly difficult for the mafia, that is if they have no godfather. So you were right to think there was a godfather.
Justice will prevail
\m/
nopointinactingup
nopointinactingup
Mafia Scum
nopointinactingup
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #729 (ISO) » Sun Oct 10, 2010 12:06 am

But why didn't you believe in LMP's miller claim at first?
Justice will prevail
\m/
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #730 (ISO) » Sun Oct 10, 2010 1:00 am

Post by mykonian »

at first I did. But I really haven't liked LMP's play pretty much the whole game.

Plus that miller is and stays a very good mafia fakeclaim. I could imagine that there was a mafia with 2 goons and a godfather, and that one of the goons would get the idea of fakeclaiming miller (hoping that the cop would support them).
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #731 (ISO) » Sun Oct 10, 2010 1:01 am

Post by mykonian »

nopointinactingup wrote:Ahh I knew you were the cop when you hesitate so much after we lynch Shotty. Yup, there's a godfather alright and it's me ^^
:P
nopointinactingup
nopointinactingup
Mafia Scum
nopointinactingup
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #732 (ISO) » Sun Oct 10, 2010 1:36 am

LOL :P I guess I could also be a godfather, a bullet proof double night kill godfather that is :cool:
Justice will prevail
\m/
drmyshottyizsik
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
drmyshottyizsik
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #733 (ISO) » Sun Oct 10, 2010 4:28 am

Post by drmyshottyizsik »

this is mylo as in mislynch and lose.
We no lynch and go to lylo tomorow with more information!
#freeShotty
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #734 (ISO) » Sun Oct 10, 2010 5:01 am

Post by mykonian »

do you want me to give a reaction?
kunkstar7
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #735 (ISO) » Sun Oct 10, 2010 5:06 am

Post by kunkstar7 »

:: Final Day Four VoteCount ::

nopointinactingup (0) -
drmyshottyizsik (1) -
nopointinactingup, mykonian
[Lynched.]
mykonian (0) -

Not Voting (0) -

Lynch has been reached at 2 votes.

Modscene forthcoming...
Welcome to the Network.
kunkstar7
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #736 (ISO) » Sun Oct 10, 2010 5:14 am

Post by kunkstar7 »

The pistol fell to the floor empty. No more shots needed to be fired, someone finally had won this twisted game.

"Finally, it took you a little longer than I expected, but it was quite enjoyable for me. So I'll leave you with this to see the results of this fun little experiment."

The stranger picked up the spent pistol, opened the door and walked away, dropping the little card he had checked so often.

Mykonian
scrambled over to the card and read it, then looked at the now lifeless body of
drmyshottyizsik
. "Well
nopointinactingup
, you deserved this."

drmyshottyizsik,
Vanilla Townie
, Lynched Day 4.

mykonian,
Cop
, Endgamed Day 4.

The Mafia consisting of nopointinactingup, Carapuce and Antihero(posthumously) win Mini 1040!

Scum Quicktopic is here.
Welcome to the Network.
kunkstar7
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #737 (ISO) » Sun Oct 10, 2010 5:15 am

Post by kunkstar7 »

Setup.

Quicktopics:

Scum QuickTopic
Dead Thread

RedCoyote:
kunkstar7 wrote:
Mod wrote:Welcome,
RedCoyote
, you are a
Vanilla Townie
You were just living your pleasantly closed life, until today, where a mysterious figure shattered it all. You just hope you survive...

Abilities:

You have no special abilities besides your smarts and vote! Use them wisely, and hopefully you'll make it out alive.
*At no time may you privately communicate with any other player.

Town Win Condition:
You win if all threats to the town are eliminated and at least one town-aligned player is alive, whether you are alive or not.
[Standard Factional Win Condition.]

Game Topic is here: Mini 1040 - Everyone's A Critic.

Reply by PM to confirm you understand your role and win condition.
The gun slowly finishes its spinning...and you are the chosen first.

Mod wrote:You have gained possession of the
Vigilante Ability.

Abilities:

Bringing Justice:
During the Night you are in possession of the ability, you make select one player to kill.
Share the Power:
You
MUST
select a player to pass this ability onto next. It is advised to send your kill and player choice in the same message. Failure to select a player choice will result in the choice being randomized.

This Ability may be used in conjunction with any preexisting abilities your original Role PM may contain. It does not in any way modify your alignment.
MagnaofIllusion:
MagnaOfIllusion
, you are a
Vanilla Townie
You were just living your pleasantly closed life, until today, where a mysterious figure shattered it all. You just hope you survive...

Abilities:

You have no special abilities besides your smarts and vote! Use them wisely, and hopefully you'll make it out alive.

Town Win Condition:
You win if all threats to the town are eliminated and at least one town-aligned player is alive, whether you are alive or not.

Antihero:
antihero
, you are a
Mafia Goon
You were just a random person in the world, living your life. But now you have been dragged into this game, and you must take on a new identity. It is cruel, but you place survival above all else.

Abilities:

Factional Kill:
Once each Night Phase your faction may select a player to kill. The player submitting the kill will be viewed as the person committing the kill for purposes of tracking and other similar investigative attempts.

Quicktopic:
Once you confirm your role, you may speak in this quicktopic each Night Phase (and during the confirmation phase), provided that you are alive. You may not communicate about the game elsewhere (via PMs or on another board, for instance).

Mafia Win Condition:
You win when all other factions have left the game and at least one member of your faction is still in the game, or nothing can prevent the same.

danakillsu:
danakillsu
, you are a
Tracker

Abilities:

Track:
Once during each Night Phase, you may target a player to be tracked, thus discovering who that player has targeted that Night Phase.

Town Win Condition:

Jack:
Jack
, you are a
Vanilla Townie

Abilities:

Town Win Condition:

Haschel Cedricson:
Haschel Cedricson
, you are a
Vanilla Townie

Abilities:

Town Win Condition:

LynchMePls:
LynchMePls
, you are a
Miller

As a Miller, all investigations on you will return "Guilty" or its related equivalent.

Abilities:

Town Win Condition:

nopointinactingup:
nopointinactingup
, you are a
Mafia Godfather
You were just a random person in the world, living your life. But now you have been dragged into this game, and you must take on a new identity. It is cruel, but you place survival above all else.

Abilities:

Factional Kill:
Once each Night Phase your faction may select a player to kill. The player submitting the kill will be viewed as the person committing the kill for purposes of tracking and other similar investigative attempts.
Innocence:
You appear innocent to all cop investigations. This is a passive ability and is permanently activated, provided you are alive.
Plan B:
On Night 1 or Night 3, you may choose to instead activate a one-shot bulletproof. This takes place of your
Innocence
ability for that night if you choose to activate this ability.

Quicktopic:
Once you confirm your role, you may speak in this quicktopic each Night Phase (and during the confirmation phase), provided that you are alive. You may not communicate about the game elsewhere (via PMs or on another board, for instance).

Mafia Win Condition:
You win when all other factions have left the game and at least one member of your faction is still in the game, or nothing can prevent the same.

drmyshottyizsik:
drmyshottyizsik
, you are a
Vanilla Townie

Abilities:

Town Win Condition:

Carapuce:
Carapuce
, you are a
Mafia Goon

Abilities:

Factional Kill:

Quicktopic:

Mafia Win Condition:

mykonian:
mykonian
, you are a
Cop

Abilities:

Investigate:
Once during each Night Phase, you may send the moderator a PM with your choice of player that you want to investigate. The Moderator will inform you as to whether the player is a member of the Town Faction.

Town Win Condition:

DavidParker:
DavidParker
, you are a
Vanilla Townie

Abilities:

Town Win Condition:

Night Actions.

N1 Actions:

RedCoyote shoots Jack
RedCoyote pass the Vig to LynchMePls
Xscorpion shoots Haschel Cedricson
danakillsu tracks RedCoyote
mykonian investigates Haschel Cedricson

N2 Actions:

mykonian investigates Carapuce(Stef)
LynchMePls shoots Antihero
LynchMePls passes the Vig to nopointinactingup
nopointinactingup shoots RedCoyote

N3 Actions:

mykonian investigates drmyshottyizsik
nopointinactingup shoots LynchMePls
nopointinactingup shoots MagnaofIllusion
nopointinactingup passes the Vig to mykonian
Last edited by kunkstar7 on Sun Oct 10, 2010 5:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Welcome to the Network.
kunkstar7
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #738 (ISO) » Sun Oct 10, 2010 5:15 am

Post by kunkstar7 »

First off, I would like to apologize for the initial confusion on the randomization of the Vigilante Ability. That definitely should have been something I should have had clarified in the original setup rules/mechanic section. Ditto on this with the scum not being allowed to pass it to their partners as well. I was worried about the setup initially, as it had town in a semi-mylo situation in Day 2, but once the initial scum was killed it freed the town up a little, combined with the guilty result on Carapuce resulting in the lynch of the second scum.

On my reasoning for that, here is a quote I left in the Dead Thread when the situation came about:
Mod in Dead Thread wrote:Well, mykonian got it right, but for the wrong reasons. The ability was assigned randomly, but it was fairly weighted towards town, so the chance of it being scum was small, and town did in fact start with it. Even if scum got it, it would be similar to a 2:1:9 setup, with a SK kill hitting a townie. With town having it though, the game should run balanced, the town needs to focus more on scumhunting, which most players seem to be doing well, I'm pleased with the level of play in the game so far. It had to be selected randomly to prevent the "confirmed" effect mykonian found, but I believe even if scum started with it, the game would be balanced. Sadface at mykonian being displeased with me, but I couldn't let him have his confirmed, that's even less fair that giving scum the extra kill, especially considering that scum has little power.

Jack did notice one thing that I didn't consider, scum will know who they passed the vig to. I don't see it happening, because a lot of the pro-town looking players so far are town, so the vig isn't likely to fall into the wrong hands. I won't be surprised if at least one scum is dealt by the end of N1.
The second mistake that I would like to apologize for is( one that I believe mykonian and nopointinactingup did not see, otherwise I would have probably not switched it up), the changing of the removal of the Vigilante in Day Four. In the Dead Thread RedCoyote brought up the question of who would win if scum and the Vigilante remained, and the answer was the Mafia would win (which I had clarified as a note in the updated Day Four Start). To prevent this situation from occurring I originally removed the Vigilante from play.

But the first post from drmyshottyizsik with the Vote: No Lynch resulted in a confounding dilemma, if the final scum were to hammer then, town would lose without the Vigilante Ability to even get a chance at shooting correctly. So I noticed neither mykonian and nopointinactingup had viewed the game since Day Start, and proceeded to switch it to the way it is presented now to prevent that rare case causing an unfair loss for town, with the added clarification of endgame resolution, and handed mykonian the Vigilante as was dictated by nopointinactingup's Night Three choice.

About play: Oh boy, I am so sorry to town for Jack's fakeclaiming "Best Friend" totally screwing the town out of a D1 scumlynch. Had anyone of the players also been present of Gears of War Mafia along with Jack and myself, I believe they would have seen the gambit, as it was similar to the fakeclaimed mason he did in that game to push a lynch on his scumread of CryMeARiver. Then the N1 actions resulted in danakillsu making an incorrect assumption about the Vigilante Tracking Results.

Overall, I hope you guys had some enjoyment playing, and feel free to yell/scream/criticize for anything you found wrong in the game.
Last edited by kunkstar7 on Sun Oct 10, 2010 5:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Welcome to the Network.
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #739 (ISO) » Sun Oct 10, 2010 5:32 am

Post by mykonian »

Damn.

I guess you had it too easy. You bussed your buddy perfectly though.
nopointinactingup
nopointinactingup
Mafia Scum
nopointinactingup
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #740 (ISO) » Sun Oct 10, 2010 5:50 am

LOL. Apparently not what it sounded like in the Dead Topic. At that point, I knew I had to buss Cara so why not make it as aggressive as possible.
kunkstar7 wrote: [*]
A clarification of Action Resolution:
The passing of the Vigilante ability onto another player occurs last in the series. Therefore, a kill targeted at the owner of the ability on night start will successfully eliminate the ability.
And btw, Kunkstar, you forgot your own rule :P No need to take the Vig out of the game. I gave the Vig to Myko so I could override his Vig if I go NO LYNCH. I didn't go no lynch just for the fun of it. Myko called me confirmed town, so .. ^^. I also thought Myko could be cop, but then its obvious that there should also be a godfather so his investigation can be effective quarreled with. After that No Lynch post from Shotty, I knew I could take this game for the mafia.

@Shotty: Seriously, READ THE GAME.
Justice will prevail
\m/
kunkstar7
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
kunkstar7
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #741 (ISO) » Sun Oct 10, 2010 5:52 am

Post by kunkstar7 »

nopointinactingup wrote:
The passing of the Vigilante ability onto another player occurs last in the series. Therefore, a kill targeted at the owner of the ability on night start will successfully eliminate the ability.
And btw, Kunkstar, you forgot your own rule :P No need to take the Vig out of the game. I gave the Vig to Myko so I could override his Vig if I go NO LYNCH.
The kill would still actually go through, so technically if you No Lynched and he shot you, town would have won.
Welcome to the Network.
danakillsu
danakillsu
Mafia Scum
danakillsu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #742 (ISO) » Sun Oct 10, 2010 5:55 am

Post by danakillsu »

There are only three problems I had with this game. The first was with the mod: why couldn't you just tell me that the vig ability didn't have to be passed during the night? I thought it did have to be. The second was obviously that I got lynched. What was that for, anyway??? The third was that shotty endgamed so horribly. There is nothing worse than voting no lynch in 3-way lylo.
nopointinactingup
nopointinactingup
Mafia Scum
nopointinactingup
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #743 (ISO) » Sun Oct 10, 2010 5:58 am

kunkstar7 wrote: The second mistake that I would like to apologize for is( one that I believe mykonian and nopointinactingup did not see, otherwise I would have probably not switched it up)
I kinda saw the no bullet left change, but it doesn't change much.
kunkstar7 wrote:
nopointinactingup wrote:
And btw, Kunkstar, you forgot your own rule :P No need to take the Vig out of the game. I gave the Vig to Myko so I could override his Vig if I go NO LYNCH.
The kill would still actually go through, so technically if you No Lynched and he shot you, town would have won.
Oh right, it's the kill not the passing :P Either way, good modding. I don't think there was anything substantially wrong with it despite the game's chaotic mechanics.
Justice will prevail
\m/
jelly jiggler
jelly jiggler
Goon
jelly jiggler
Goon
Goon

Post Post #744 (ISO) » Sun Oct 10, 2010 6:01 am

Post by jelly jiggler »

Wow nopoint's last day actions came off as really scummy to me. I'm quite surprised you voted for shotty so fast.
nopointinactingup
nopointinactingup
Mafia Scum
nopointinactingup
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #745 (ISO) » Sun Oct 10, 2010 6:02 am

danakillsu wrote:There are only three problems I had with this game. The first was with the mod: why couldn't you just tell me that the vig ability didn't have to be passed during the night? I thought it did have to be. The second was obviously that I got lynched. What was that for, anyway??? The third was that shotty endgamed so horribly. There is nothing worse than voting no lynch in 3-way lylo.
1> I think you are required to obtain that info yourself from the players. The mod will only answer what is given without elaboration.
2,3> Agreed. Shotty, you should cancel some of your games and focus on a few. You obviously have not read anything at all in this game?!
Justice will prevail
\m/
nopointinactingup
nopointinactingup
Mafia Scum
nopointinactingup
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #746 (ISO) » Sun Oct 10, 2010 6:02 am

jelly jiggler wrote:Wow nopoint's last day actions came off as really scummy to me. I'm quite surprised you voted for shotty so fast.
hindsight bias :P
Justice will prevail
\m/
jelly jiggler
jelly jiggler
Goon
jelly jiggler
Goon
Goon

Post Post #747 (ISO) » Sun Oct 10, 2010 6:04 am

Post by jelly jiggler »

Not really since I have been thinking that since yesterday.
XScorpion
XScorpion
Mafia Scum
XScorpion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #748 (ISO) » Sun Oct 10, 2010 6:05 am

Post by XScorpion »

Good job nopoint for picking up my spot, well played :D

Jack and Shotty both definitely shot the town in the foot. After I saw Jack fakeclaim with a best friend on my scumbuddy, there was much lols. Hard to lose after that.
XScorpion
XScorpion
Mafia Scum
XScorpion
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #749 (ISO) » Sun Oct 10, 2010 6:05 am

Post by XScorpion »

Oh and yes, this is a prime example of me scum-lurking to avoid suspicion 8D

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”