Standard MS Ruleset... a starting point.

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #4 (isolation #0) » Fri Nov 18, 2005 8:12 am

Post by Mr. Flay »

I think #3 is customizable depending on game balance/structure; ditto the replacement rule (#11).

#5 - I like a bah post, but serious penalties for revealing game-based information (cop reveals innocent after death, innocent dies to a falling piano that night, etc)

#6 - I've started using Polotet/DS' plurality voting rule, which requires a certain minimum number of votes for deadline lynch, AND that that total be at least 50% of the total cast votes. This is different from the "more than 50%" rule for regular lynches. I like something explicit about not using deadline lynches at endgame, but that may reveal too much about the setup. Perhaps the mod should have this as an internal rule?
Mr Stoofer wrote:I also think that the rules should explicitly allow twilight posting, for reasons given
here
And apparently we need an explicit definition of when "night" begins, as some scum seem to think it starts with the lynching vote, not the death scene/locking of thread.
Retired as of October 2014.
Mr. Flay
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Mr. Flay
Metatron
Metatron

Post Post #16 (isolation #1) » Sun Nov 20, 2005 4:45 pm

Post by Mr. Flay »

I think I based the set I use most often from Werebear... except for Newbie Games, which I rewrote almost entirely to be clearer for new players. But I also frequently change up the rules, and will even ask players to confirm in their confirmation PM that they've read and understood the changes.
Retired as of October 2014.

Return to “Mafia Discussion”