d8P
d8P
The "I told you so" guy
d8P
The "I told you so" guy
The "I told you so" guy

Post Post #475 (ISO) » Sat Nov 19, 2005 10:58 am

Post by d8P »

Actually, I meant that you *have* shown yourself to be town, or at least, that's how it seems to me. The fact that you fully analysed the situation and came up with a plan for optimal play suggests that you're on the level.
[size=75]-POST NO BULLS-[/size]
Seol
Seol
Logical Rampage
Seol
Logical Rampage
Logical Rampage

Post Post #476 (ISO) » Sat Nov 19, 2005 11:00 am

Post by Seol »

d8P wrote:Actually, I meant that you *have* shown yourself to be town, or at least, that's how it seems to me. The fact that you fully analysed the situation and came up with a plan for optimal play suggests that you're on the level.
I'm sorry, d8P, but how does that hold? All he needs to do now is look pro-town - and what are you saying, that the scum can't do that?
[i]The hungry maw of Twilight snaps, but shall not have its fill,
Until one man hangs by his neck, by half this curs'd town's will[/i]
Falcone
Falcone
Goon
Falcone
Goon
Goon

Post Post #477 (ISO) » Sat Nov 19, 2005 11:26 am

Post by Falcone »

Well, there's not much point in discussing the merits of Stewie's plan for too long, since we can't change what he did. Let's finish this game, shall we?

Vote: Commodore Amazing

Nightfall, I'll be very mad at myself if you turn out to be scum, but in that case, well done, and you deserve to win.
Nightfall
Nightfall
Mafia Scum
Nightfall
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #478 (ISO) » Sat Nov 19, 2005 11:38 am

Post by Nightfall »

Vote: Commodore Amazing
Once Nightfall comes, everyone's dead...
vikingfan
vikingfan
Mafia Scum
vikingfan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #479 (ISO) » Sat Nov 19, 2005 11:46 am

Post by vikingfan »

CA: 3 (Falcone, d8P, Nightfall)

Not voting: CA, Seol.

Lynch scene coming up!
d8P
d8P
The "I told you so" guy
d8P
The "I told you so" guy
The "I told you so" guy

Post Post #480 (ISO) » Sat Nov 19, 2005 11:47 am

Post by d8P »

I realise it's not proof or anything, but NF has been consistent with his claim since the start of the game which is more than I can say for you or Commodore. You were both on the bw's that lynched our doc. You both refused to accept the doc's claim and wanted to go ahead with the lynch.
d8P
d8P
The "I told you so" guy
d8P
The "I told you so" guy
The "I told you so" guy

Post Post #481 (ISO) » Sat Nov 19, 2005 11:50 am

Post by d8P »

And, on reread, you were both on the bw lynched Sineish.

[on preview]
Oh that's it already? I'll stop there as we can talk about it tomorrow, and if I'm dead by then, I'm just wasting my breath here anyway.
vikingfan
vikingfan
Mafia Scum
vikingfan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #482 (ISO) » Sat Nov 19, 2005 11:51 am

Post by vikingfan »

The town looked around, trying to guess who the scum were, knowing that they were most likely in lynch or lose. After Nightfall explained his actions, Falcone agreed that he was on the level and the three decided to kill Commodore Amazing, even though Seol started making objections. But no matter, Commodore Amazing was stringed up. Falcone looked at the dead body, horrified to realize that it was a townie. He heard the sound of a gunshot, and spun around to see Seol slump to the ground. In a second, so did his own.

Commodore Amazing, townie, lynched
Seol, backup cop/doc, killed in the endgame
Falcone, mason, killed in the endgame
Nightfall, Mafia Godfather, and d8P, Mafia Mason, have won the game along with their dead buddy, mikeburnfire, Mafia Roleblocker! Congrats scum!

Role PMs coming up, along with night actions.
vikingfan
vikingfan
Mafia Scum
vikingfan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #483 (ISO) » Sat Nov 19, 2005 11:52 am

Post by vikingfan »

PMs
Nightfall
Mafia Godfather
You are the mafia godfather along with KingEnigma and d8p. KingEnigma is a Mafia Roleblocker and d8p is a Mafia Mason. You are immune to all investigations. Converse with your fellow mafia only at night. Pick one player to commit your nightly kill. You win when everyone but the mafia is dead. Do not communicate with anyone else or send in night actions but simply confirm by PM since we begin in day.

KingEnigma Mafia Roleblocker
You are the mafia roleblocker along with Nightfall and d8p. Nightfall is a Mafia Godfather and d8p is a Mafia Mason. Every night, you can block one player from committing their night action (if they have one). However, you cannot commit a kill and roleblock on the same night. Converse with your fellow mafia only at night. You win when everyone but the mafia is dead. Do not communicate with anyone else or send in night actions but simply confirm by PM since we begin in day.

d8p Mafia Mason
You are mafia along with Nightfall and KingEnigma. . Nightfall is a Mafia Godfather and KingEnigma is a Mafia Roleblocker. In addition to this, you are also masons with ChocoCid and Falcone. Keep them straight in your night conversations so you don’t screw up. Converse with both groups only at night. You cannot vote more than 15 times in the entire game- so ration your votes carefully. You win when everyone but the mafia is dead. Do not communicate with anyone else or send in night actions but simply confirm by PM since we begin in day.

Protown
Cop ibaesha
You are the cop. Every night you go out for an investigation and I will inform you what you will find. You win with the town. Do not send in night actions but simply confirm by PM since we begin in day.

Doctor viQLes
You are the doctor. Every night, you can elect to save somebody (it cannot be yourself). You win with the town. Do not send in night actions tonight but simply confirm by PM since we begin in day.

Mason ChocoCid Falcone
You are masons with ChocoCid and d8p. You can converse with them at night but are otherwise ordinary townies. You win with the town. Do not communicate tonight but simply confirm by PM since we begin in day.

Backup doctor/cop Seol
You are a townie for now, though you could be called into action. You win with the town. Confirm by PM.
Mod note: He will replace whoever dies first out of the cop/doc combo.

Vigilante Stewie
You are a one-shot vigilante. Once during the game, you can make a kill at night. PM me during the night you select to make your choice. You win with the town. Do not send in night actions (if you desire to kill Night 1) but simply confirm by PM since we begin in day.

Townie CA Mr. Stoofer Sineish
You are a townie with no abilities. You win with the town. Confirm by PM.
vikingfan
vikingfan
Mafia Scum
vikingfan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #484 (ISO) » Sat Nov 19, 2005 11:53 am

Post by vikingfan »

Night actions:

Night 1
Ibaesha investigates Seol- innocent
Seol is activated when viQLes dies. Protects Mr. Stoofer
Stewie does not make a kill.
Nightfall kills ChocoCid.
Mikeburnfire does not submit a choice.

Night 2
Ibaesha investigates Stewie- innocent but irrevelant since she dies.
Seol protects d8P
Stewie does not make a kill.
D8P kills ibaesha
Mikeburnfire blocks nightfall.

Night 3
Seol protects d8P
Stewie kills Mr. Stoofer
D8P kills Stewie
Seol
Seol
Logical Rampage
Seol
Logical Rampage
Logical Rampage

Post Post #485 (ISO) » Sat Nov 19, 2005 11:56 am

Post by Seol »

Someone ought to tell Chococid how to read role PMs.
vikingfan
vikingfan
Mafia Scum
vikingfan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #486 (ISO) » Sat Nov 19, 2005 11:57 am

Post by vikingfan »

My thoughts:

I was shocked that d8P's reveal that he had a post restriction didn't tip anyone off that he might be unique in his masonness- Choco specifically said he had no post restriction. When people were thinking that the town had too much power, they probably should have gone back and reevaluated from day one.

The Mason PMs didn't say that everyone was pro-town, but gave the implication- another reason for close reading.

I was shocked when the mafia killed the cop- I'm curious as to what tipped them off- that was probably the turning point in the game.

This game is a PRIME example of why not to use voting patterns to determine scum- Seol and Commodore were on both townie lynches, and mikeburnfire and Nightfall were on neither, and d8P was on only one of them.

Also, kudos to all the players in the game! A long game and yet the mafia won- another sign of running contrary to popular wisdom! I'm also glad that I only had to make one replacement.

Any other thoughts, questions? Was the game sufficiently balanced, or not?
Falcone
Falcone
Goon
Falcone
Goon
Goon

Post Post #487 (ISO) » Sat Nov 19, 2005 12:04 pm

Post by Falcone »

So much for all my great plans. I feel like a fool now. I know it sounds hard to believe, but all this time I had this nagging suspicion about d8P being scum, because he never died, because a three person mason group seemed so strong, and because he was saying some things that made me raise my eyebrows at night. I never wanted to say anything, because I thought the mafia would be all too happy to make me distrust him even more. And I thought: "Well it's basic mafia, so a scum-mason would be too far out there." That and all the effort d8P put in with that code thing. I have a question though, did you really have that voting restriction? Because that's what did ring some bells for me. It seemed so strange to get a restriction so easy to fulfill.

To Seol and Commodore, sorry for going so fast at the end, but I was convinced of your guilt and I don't think anything could have made me change my mind.

This was definitely an interesting game, thanks to Vikingfan for modding, and congrats to the scum for a very well-played game.

I'm going to sit in a corner and cry for my own ignorance.
vikingfan
vikingfan
Mafia Scum
vikingfan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #488 (ISO) » Sat Nov 19, 2005 12:05 pm

Post by vikingfan »

The voting restriction was real, Falcone.

BTW, out of curiousity, what was d8P saying that was tripping signals? I'd also be interested to read the scum conversations if they saved them.
mikeburnfire
mikeburnfire
Flashy
mikeburnfire
Flashy
Flashy

Post Post #489 (ISO) » Sat Nov 19, 2005 12:12 pm

Post by mikeburnfire »

Yeah, this was a fun game. Kudos to VK for it. Now that I think about it, I really didn't do anything to help my team. I blocked Nightfall and that was it.

Stewie's got a pretty good sixth sense. He didn't think that CA was scum. However, Mr Stoofer wasn't neither. :P

Nightfall told me to roleblock him, but I had no idea he was hiding messages in his posts. Had I, I would have acted differently. I considered saying I blocked Falcone (d8p let us know you were mason) on Night one and Nightfall on Night two, but if pressed for reasons for investigating, I wouldn't have much. My roleclaim would have seemed weak.

Rolefinder? BWAHAHA! It was just dumb luck! :twisted: I'll post some scum convos later
"It is forbidden to kill; therefore all murderers are punished unless they kill with rope and a slim majority."

Flash Guide to Mafia and Flash Mafia Roles
Falcone
Falcone
Goon
Falcone
Goon
Goon

Post Post #490 (ISO) » Sat Nov 19, 2005 12:12 pm

Post by Falcone »

Me, to my mason friends on N1, wrote:As for my role pm, I suspect it's similar to ChocoCid's. I don't have a restriction or an ability, and although it doesn't specifically say you guys are innocent, it's worded in such a way to make it seem extremely unlikely I can't trust both of you. I actually asked the Mod if we could quote our pm's to each other, but he said we couldn't.
If anyone is interested, I'll post all of the masons night talk. Vikingfan, you must have laughed so hard when I forwarded you the message where d8P explained to me how he hid my name in his posts.

Oh, and I just see that Mike really blocked Nightfall N2. I think that's hilarious.
vikingfan
vikingfan
Mafia Scum
vikingfan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #491 (ISO) » Sat Nov 19, 2005 12:16 pm

Post by vikingfan »

Feel free to post the night convos, scum and masons alike.

Oh, and I didn't laugh, but I did smile.
d8P
d8P
The "I told you so" guy
d8P
The "I told you so" guy
The "I told you so" guy

Post Post #492 (ISO) » Sat Nov 19, 2005 12:21 pm

Post by d8P »

w00t!
Someone ought to tell Chococid how to read role PMs.
No way! That was the best bit about this game :)

I realised I'd made a mistake in coming out directly after he claimed and I could have kissed him when he cleared me. I had thought I'd wasted a perfect opportunity to coast right to the endgame when he pulled that out.

Falcone if it makes you feel any better I once played with Jeep as my mason partner (it turned out he was the GF). I had to vouch for his innocence despite my suspicions to the contrary. I must have read my role pm about a thousand times, but like you there was nothing I could do.

Great game, VK. I felt before knowing the roles (specifically that Seol took over as doc) that the game was balanced in our favour. Now I see that CC's pm didn't clear me and that Seol wasn't a vanilla townie. If CC hadn't been confused and we hadn't targetted ibaesha or lynched the doc day one it would have been an entirely different game.
Seol
Seol
Logical Rampage
Seol
Logical Rampage
Logical Rampage

Post Post #493 (ISO) » Sat Nov 19, 2005 12:22 pm

Post by Seol »

And Commodore was town?

Well, my commendations to the scum. Very impressive play.
Nightfall
Nightfall
Mafia Scum
Nightfall
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #494 (ISO) » Sat Nov 19, 2005 12:24 pm

Post by Nightfall »

vikingfan wrote:My thoughts:

1. I was shocked that d8P's reveal that he had a post restriction didn't tip anyone off that he might be unique in his masonness- Choco specifically said he had no post restriction. When people were thinking that the town had too much power, they probably should have gone back and reevaluated from day one.

2. The Mason PMs didn't say that everyone was pro-town, but gave the implication- another reason for close reading.

3. I was shocked when the mafia killed the cop- I'm curious as to what tipped them off- that was probably the turning point in the game.

4. This game is a PRIME example of why not to use voting patterns to determine scum- Seol and Commodore were on both townie lynches, and mikeburnfire and Nightfall were on neither, and d8P was on only one of them.

5. Also, kudos to all the players in the game! A long game and yet the mafia won- another sign of running contrary to popular wisdom! I'm also glad that I only had to make one replacement.

6. Any other thoughts, questions? Was the game sufficiently balanced, or not?
1. I was kinda surprised too.

2. I would have fallen for it too.

3. This was a pretty funny night. We were actually kinda cop hunting, but we didn't think Ibeasha at first. We were going to kill CA because he seemed to overly reak of being the cop, but then Falcone voiced to d8P that he found CA suspicious and we decided to change. Our next thought was Stewie, who we thought could also be the cop, or some other dangerous role. We were really close to sending in our kill, when Mike at the last moment questioned Ibeasha's role. She appeared to be fitting more of a cops role then Stewie did, so we made the kill.

4. We were also discussing this night 2. We were surprised how little work we actually had to do.

5. Yipee.

6. When we were playing I thought it was unfair on the scums behalf, but seeing the list of roles in the end it looks quite a bit more ballanced. Seol was one person we really could have had problems with.

I think a big part of our win had to do with my cop claim going over so well. I had thought this game would have been filled with power roles for both sides. Thankfully many others did too. This is why I thought there very well could be cops of both sanities. I was actually planning on being the insane cop from the start. In end game I was really surprised though that I wasn't investigated night one. I had actually tried to act pretty scummy, and to get investigated. Thereby when my cop claim came around, the only person that would probably counter claim me, would have had an innocent investigation on me, and we would as a town reach the conclusion that I was insane.

Great Game Scum!

P.S. d8P I guess from now on, if I die night 0, I should assume your mafia?
:wink:
Nightfall
Nightfall
Mafia Scum
Nightfall
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #495 (ISO) » Sat Nov 19, 2005 12:30 pm

Post by Nightfall »

Falcone wrote: Oh, and I just see that Mike really blocked Nightfall N2. I think that's hilarious.
I have never actually had a night action of mine blocked before, so I wasn't sure if when it really happened if people recieved a pm saying they were block, or what... I wanted to make sure my claim was as believable as it could be, so I asked Mike to block me, to see if I did get a pm that I could refer too.
d8P
d8P
The "I told you so" guy
d8P
The "I told you so" guy
The "I told you so" guy

Post Post #496 (ISO) » Sat Nov 19, 2005 12:33 pm

Post by d8P »

Night 1
I wrote:Can we do this via email? Mine is <snip>, mike's is <snip>
To my masons I wrote:I totally agree about vIQles. I understand his mind was elsewhere and I feel for him, though.

And since vIQles turned out innocent, I'm pretty much convinced that Sineish is scum. I knew there was something up when he miscounted, but thought it was too obvious to be real.

As for where I hid you, Falcone, I anagrammed your name in the same post as the one where I mentioned Choco. (game post 44, or post subject: 1 filtered for just mine)
Quote:
Fighting for your life can lose its appeal if you're not doing it amongst friends? Ah! That's it!
The e in the anagram is the 52nd e of the post.
Then I anagrammed it again in (game post 60 or, filtered, post subject 3)
Quote:
I'll feel responsible for dividing the town on an out of game issue if this escalates, which it will by half once scum get wind of it.

This time the e is the 24th e of the post, and finally I put your name as the 4th e of game post 61 (filtered post 4)

Extra clues:
I worded that post to have no e's before the word reference in that post, which I deliberately misspelled. I used the words "unusual paragraph" which is the title of a very famous puzzle in the form of a paragraph with no e's. Finally I referenced the positions of the e's in the number 52,244. Press the quote button on post 61 and you'll see that the 4 is special: it looks like this: 52,24[*color=black]4[/*color] without the asterisks. This was to divide the number into the blocks 52, 24, 4 - the positions of the e's in the three posts I've mentioned here.

OK, maybe I got a bit carried away, but I couldn't help it once I'd started. Razz Besides I wanted to use a completely different method to hide your name but felt just anagramming it might not be enough.

So, yeah. Use this in the event of our deaths to clear your name. If they don't believe you, they're definitely scum Smile

What do you guys think about Sineish?

CC: Falcone

I can send the rest of our night talk via email when there's more.

Down to business, who do you think we should kill? I think it should be Chococid - a proven innocent. We'll have to bw Sineish without killing him to have another innocent (apart from me I mean Smile) to kill tomorrow night I think. Maybe we'll get lucky and have two bws tomorrow.

Nightfall, I'd say you could be next in line for a bw (because yours failed today) so any thoughts on what you'll claim?

Nearly forgot. Mike you're a roleblocker. Thoughts on who to block?

CC: mikeburnfire
mbf wrote:Things are going swimmingly.

Target ChocoCid? Sounds good. And what's a 'bw'? "We'll have to bw Sineish without killing him to have another innocent"

I honestly don't know who I'll block. Got any ideas?
Nightfall wrote:I agree with the Chococid nightkill. I am hoping that our cop is investigating me tonight so that I'll come up innocent, and it will help to clear me during my lynching bandwagon tommorow. As for a claim, I am not sure what to claim yet really. This game is a regular roles mafia, so I can't really make up anything special like I normaly do.... I was thinking maybe claiming to be another cop. Would it be that likely do you think that there would be one sane cop, and one crazy cop in this game? then again, they might just lynch me if I claim the same as someone else, without even thinking about it... Do you have an idea on what I should claim?

P.S. Would it be best if I did the kill? I will be gone for about a 24hr period starting about 5 hours from now though. I can send in the choice once I get back. I would think I'd have that long to send in the night kill choice, but if it turns out that for some reason I don't D8p, could you tell the mod for me?
mikeburnfire
mikeburnfire
Flashy
mikeburnfire
Flashy
Flashy

Post Post #497 (ISO) » Sat Nov 19, 2005 12:38 pm

Post by mikeburnfire »

(I bolded what was important if you want to skim)

<Night Two>

(d8p)
OK, congrats you two, that was the perfect scum day.
Neither of you was involved in the townie's lynch. Excellent play.
Thankfully Sineish seemed to think you were innocent. The town of you seemed connected, so you're more innocent by association.
Looks like we have this all wrapped up.
I think we should kill Commodore Amazing tonight. He's giving off cop vibes all over the place,
being so sure of his vote etc.
I'll post what Falcone writes later.
We should consider gambits, because at this stage, one more day like today and we're guaranteed a win.

(Nightfall)
Okay, I'm fine with a CA kill.
That might actually help me if he is a cop. If CA is revealed to be a cop, I could come out and say that this is really wiered because I'm a cop too.
I could say that last night I investigated Stoofer, and I have already hid a comment about him being innocent in one of my posts, and I could say that tonight I found Falcone guilty.
At this point we could try and almost by accident, if he does not do it himself, reveal that Falcone is a Mason. At that point people might think that I'm crazy and lynch Stoofer? I would think that our real cop investigated me night 1, though, and could be a help for us if he was to be kept alive. I would be a player making a cop claim with another cop having investigated me, and comming up innocent... not sure what the town would do then though... Do you think it's a good idea to attempt?
It might be beter to just ride this out, but if I don't claim cop right at the start of the next day, it will loose its believabillity.
Any ideas?

(d8p)
Wait.
CA is considered more suspicious because of his actions day one and two.

((d8p forwards what Falcone thinks))
So
maybe we should go after Stewie instead.
He's probably the better target since he has been less suspicious than CA. OK, CA has been cocky in a way that implies he may have a power role, but who knows?
Btw, I wouldn't come out as a cop until I had to, or unless I wanted to make a counter claim (which you've set up admirably). So if CA tells us he's cop, you should probably consider it (dangerous if he's fingering a fellow scum).
Wow I forgot we had a roleblocker! Have we been giving in choices for mike? Who've we used him on so far? We should definitely use it on CA tonight (or if we used it on the same player N1+2 we should choose the same again (that player could be vigilante).
I or mike should make the kills. That'll mean you'll stay clean.

(Nightfall)
I think Mike should make the kill.
Stewies an okay target, for the night kill.

And whatever day I decide to come forward about being a cop, I should do it first thing that day, because I'll be claiming that I have gotton a guilty result, and that that is why I am claiming in the first place right?

(Mikeburnfire)
Keep in mind that I'm not allowed to roleblock and kill in the same night.
If I do the kill, we forfeit the roleblock. If I use the roleblock, I'll probibly use it on CA, unless we decide to kill 'em.

Also, consider killing ibeasha. If she's low on the scum-o-meter and is also relatively silent, not much can be inferred after her death.

(d8p)
I should make the kills.
We already have a near guaranteed win.
It'd be cleaner and safer to claim first thing on day 4, Nightfall.
You should claim reverse cop.
You could say you thought you were paranoid until you got an innocent result night 3 (assuming you claim day 4). You could say you investigated maybe Chococid night 1 (You wanted to investigate as many people as possible i.e. Choco and me … got guilty, but he died and turned out innocent; that’s why you didn’t vote for anyone straight away on day 2), Seol/mike/CA night 2, and got guilty again but that meant innocent, then (very suspicious player) and got innocent. Therefore you had to come out. We will follow, saying “Thank you Mr. Officer” and we’ve won outright, all scum alive. YAY!
We could try it tomorrow, but there might still be a surprise waiting for us. The game seems too biased in our favour. The mod must have something up his sleeve for the town. So I’d wait till day four. We won’t really need it then, but it has style 8)

(Nightfall)
d8P>Okay, lets Kill CA tonight.
But we need to do it soon, I think our night times almost up.
Mike>
Role block me. And ACTUALLY role block me, I should get some sort of pm shouldn't I? Later on, I want to be able to claim that I was blocked tonight, so I don't have a night result.

(d8p)
Why would you want to do that? What if we miss the cop tonight?
We need to cover our bases here. If we use the block incorrectly one of us could well be lynched tomorrow on the cop coming out. It wouldn't be a complete disaster, as we could kill the cop, but surely we should go for optimal play, no?
"It is forbidden to kill; therefore all murderers are punished unless they kill with rope and a slim majority."

Falcone
Falcone
Goon
Falcone
Goon
Goon

Post Post #498 (ISO) » Sat Nov 19, 2005 12:39 pm

Post by Falcone »

Falcone, to Choco and d8P, wrote:Hello my two friends,

A lot happened during that Day, isn't it? It's a shame to have lynched the doctor, especially because it almost certainly means one of you two will die tonight. But I think he played as scum, so he was lynched like scum. Like I said repeatedly in the thread, Nightfall remains my top suspect, but I'll do a reread to see if I find any other leads. What are your thoughts about the game so far?

Oh and d8P, if you could tell me in which way one of your posts clears me, it would be greatly appreciated.

Greetings, Falcone
Choco wrote:Falcone, what is the difference in your PM? I assume you have one, since d8p has a restriction and i don't have any. What about you?
d8P wrote:I totally agree about vIQles. I understand his mind was elsewhere and I feel for him, though.

And since vIQles turned out innocent, I'm pretty much convinced that Sineish is scum. I knew there was something up when he miscounted, but thought it was too obvious to be real.

As for where I hid you, Falcone, I anagrammed your name in the same post as the one where I mentioned Choco. (game post 44, or post subject: 1 filtered for just mine)
Fighting for your li
fe can lo
se its appeal if you're not doing it amongst friends? Ah! That's it!
The e in the anagram is the 52nd e of the post.
Then I anagrammed it again in (game post 60 or, filtered, post subject 3)
I'll feel responsible for dividing the town on an out of game issue if this escalates, which it will by h
alf once
scum get wind of it.
This time the e is the 24th e of the post, and finally I put your name as the 4th e of game post 61 (filtered post 4)

Extra clues:
I worded that post to have no e's before the word reference in that post, which I deliberately misspelled. I used the words "unusual paragraph" which is the title of a very famous puzzle in the form of a paragraph with no e's. Finally I referenced the positions of the e's in the number 52,244. Press the quote button on post 61 and you'll see that the 4 is special: it looks like this: 52,24[*color=black]4[/*color] without the asterisks. This was to divide the number into the blocks 52, 24, 4 - the positions of the e's in the three posts I've mentioned here.

OK, maybe I got a bit carried away, but I couldn't help it once I'd started. Besides I wanted to use a completely different method to hide your name but felt just anagramming it might not be enough.

So, yeah. Use this in the event of our deaths to clear your name. If they don't believe you, they're definitely scum

What do you guys think about Sineish?
Falcone wrote: Wow, d8P, you really put a lot of effort in your games! I feel all special inside because you're doing this just for me . By the way, it feels quite good to be an unlynchable townie. I have a bit more room to screw up now (Not that I plan to...)

While rereading I noticed four things:
1. Nightfall somehow escaped without having to claim, even though there were 5 votes on him at a certain point.
2. Mikeburnfire took a long while to get convinced to vote for Nightfall, even though he was the obvious deadline lynch candidate.
3. A lot of players were suspicious of Sineish during the Day: Mr. Stoofer voted for him in the beginning, then he earned a FOS from Mike for being the last to unvote ChocoCid, and at the end Seol FOS'sed him for the 5th/6th vote on vIQles thing.
4. Seol might come under suspicion tomorrow for various reasons: a) being away for a while and not giving a totally satisfactory explanation b) not wanting to vote for Nightfall, even though he was suspicious and the deadline was nearing c) being one of the driving forces behind the bandwagon on vIQles and d) being the first to dismiss the doctor claim.

Your thoughts on these things would be greatly appreciated.

As for my role pm, I suspect it's similar to ChocoCid's. I don't have a restriction or an ability, and although it doesn't specifically say you guys are innocent, it's worded in such a way to make it seem extremely unlikely I can't trust both of you. I actually asked the Mod if we could quote our pm's to each other, but he said we couldn't.
d8P wrote:
Wow, d8P, you really put a lot of effort in your games!
..and I really don't want to die early but I'm sure it'll be either me or Chococid that gets it tonight as the only known innocents.
1. Nightfall somehow escaped without having to claim, even though there were 5 votes on him at a certain point.
I find it very difficult to get any kind of read on Nightfall. Is he inexperienced? His posts seem to ramble on without saying anything, but not in a way that tells me what kind of rambling it is. I can't decide if his ineptitude is feigned, but he didn't vote for vIQles, whatever that tells us at this stage. I see that NF has already finished 8 games.
2. Mikeburnfire took a long while to get convinced to vote for Nightfall, even though he was the obvious deadline lynch candidate.
..and he didn't pick up on vIQles's tell. OK, so vIQles wasn't scum, but barnfire didn't even look in his direction - he just went after Nightfall.
3. A lot of players were suspicious of Sineish during the Day: Mr. Stoofer voted for him in the beginning, then he earned a FOS from Mike for being the last to unvote ChocoCid, and at the end Seol FOS'sed him for the 5th/6th vote on vIQles thing.
ibaesha mentioned it but didn't make any comment which I found odd. I had to fos Sineish for that. Makes me wonder about a connection there too, but I can't get a proper read off ibaesha either.
4. Seol might come under suspicion tomorrow for various reasons: a) being away for a while and not giving a totally satisfactory explanation b) not wanting to vote for Nightfall, even though he was suspicious and the deadline was nearing c) being one of the driving forces behind the bandwagon on vIQles and d) being the first to dismiss the doctor claim.

If I had to make a bet I'd say that Seol and Sineish are scum and I'd put Nightfall and ibaesha on place until I get a better read on them. There are hardly four scum so one of these will have to be town, but that's where my money is.
Choco wrote:Sine and Nightfall are probably scum. I'm not so sure about Ibaesha or Seol yet.

As for who eats it tonight, I don't think they'll go after either of us, they'll try to figure out who the cop or vig is before they hit us. *shrug*
Falcone, N2, wrote:Hi there.

So, we're in quite some trouble here, aren't we? I had a feeling Sineish was innocent after he made his defense. I wasn't sure of course, but what he said made sense. I was afraid that if he turned out to be scum, the town would go against me the next day, or even in the night, that's why I made that last post. I don't think that was very clever. Anyway, he's innocent, so I'm safe, but we're getting very close to lynch-or-lose.

My suspicions are Seol, Commodore Amazing, and Nightfall.

Seol for what I said yesterday, plus he made that weird post about Sineish, me and Ibaesha being the scum. Then he tried to blame me for not reacting to that (I did that deliberately by the way). Stewie helped me out there. And he was the driving force behind the lynch of Sineish. His last post for example was suspicious to me because he showed he had understood what Sineish meant by his comments on the masons, and then said it was a scummy excuse.

Commodore is suspicious because of his relation to Seol in the thread. They voted for each other constantly during Day 1 (and still in Day 2), without ever giving reasons - even when I asked Commodore for reasons. And then Commodore makes this very weird post switching from Seol to Sineish. Mr Stoofer also saw that.

Nightfall: Still the same reasons as yesterday, not much content today (but he's not alone in that), and Seol defended him quite openly Day 1.

So I definitely think we should lynch Seol tomorrow. Then if he's scum, go after the two others.

You will probably die tonight, so if you share your suspicions, I can use those tomorrow.

Greetings, Falcone
d8P wrote:Crap. I was certain Sineish and Nightfall were scum because of yesterday and because she seemed to be defending how quickly his bandwagon defused day 1.
Seol for what I said yesterday, plus he made that weird post about Sineish, me and Ibaesha being the scum.
So I definitely think we should lynch Seol tomorrow. Then if he's scum, go after the two others.
I agree completely and I think CA is either involved with Seol or with Stewie, possibly both.

CA didn't post anything of value at all in his last ten posts or so, only trying to hurry Sineish's lynch.

I've been wondering about Stewie. He's been hanging out on the sidelines the whole game and has been egging on whatever bw is in the lead without being part of it until the very end. His reasoning for not unvoting vIQles now strikes me as atrocious, too. It was something along the lines of "Well, if you're doctor, you're dead toninght anyway". What was this? Well, we know if we lynch a doctor we can lose a different townie tonight?
Apart from that and his idle votes for Seol and CA he hasn't really stuck his neck out at all, which means he's either a good townie or good scum.

I suspect CA and Stewie might be together since they voted for each other for such weak reasons on day one, pawed at each other for a while, but quickly declared a cease-fire.

Re, Nightfall, I'm not so sure anymore. Maybe it's just because I was so sure I had it worked out before we lynched Sineish. I have the feeeling scum were pushing his bw day one and got off when they saw a bw (vIQles) with something behind it. This meant he'd look suspicious all through the game, so he'd be an easy lynch later.
You will probably die tonight, so if you share your suspicions, I can use those tomorrow.
Yeah I'll pop in to say "go town", of course. Just make sure you don't come out too early with the fact you're the other mason. Remember, too, that since you're 100% cleared (or you will be when you point out the clues I left and Choco's description of his PM) you could risk seeming pushy and take control. I have the feeling that the town is being lead around in circles and needs a clear protown to lead it. I certainly didn't do a good job. Anyway good luck tomorrow.
d8P, N3, wrote:Ha! Good job. Now all we need to do is wait for morning and lynch the last scum. I'm convinced it's Seol but won't have time to analyse till tomorrow.
Falcone wrote:YES!!!

So you don't think Nightfall could still be scum? I still have my doubts, but if everything goes well, it will be 4 town vs 1 scum tomorrow, and we'll have the chance to lynch Seol first and still have another chance if we're wrong. We should win this game...
d8P wrote:The only thing about Seol that doesn't sit right with me is the fact that he also seemed to be pushing quite hard to have CA in the spotlight, and immediately agreed to viging him. I would have thought he'd be way more careful of having his scum buddy targeted when we were already stringing up one of them.

Nightfall's results contradicting mike might have been a plan. It is so bizarre that it would work. Who, after all, would suspect the player whose info had a scum lynched when neither of them were on the gallows steps? The fact that it's so illogical is what makes it a valid play. It's just such a stretch. Would I do it? No way. Too high a risk, for no gain. With three of them, they could have had us target one of the other townies.

Maybe, though, mikescum was trying to prevent someone's lynch.

Ah, apparently Seol was the favourite for the lynch before the NF vs mike debate.

More tomorrow.
Falcone wrote:I'll just give my thoughts about each player, to give us an idea who we should lynch tomorrow.

Nightfall: Mike was guilty, but that doesn't mean Nightfall is automatically innocent. It is, however, an important argument in his favour. The one thing that keeps bothering me is why Mike, even as mafia roleblocker, would lie about his night actions. Wouldn't it have been better to just tell the truth? That way nobody would be able to catch him in a lie, not on his role and not on his actions. One explanation is that he thought the town would automatically lynch him if he admitted to blocking a claimed cop (which I don't think is true, but he didn't now that). The other possibility I can think of is that he blocked Nightfall N2 (as Nightfall claims), that he saw the hint Nightfall left, and he lied about his action to try and make us lynch the cop. In both cases this doesn't really seem like optimal strategy, but it's possible. And then there is of course the possibility that they're both scum and they planned this together. But that would still mean that Mike messed up. And like you said, why would they take such an incredible risk for no clear gain? Let's think about it some more: what if they're both scum, but they didn't plan it beforehand? In that case their play makes even less sense. I just can't believe that Nightfall would claim cop in that situation, with a cop already dead and quite some other pro-town power roles claimed. The hints he left are another point in his favour I think. It would at least mean he planned it from the beginning. And if Mike panicked when he saw his partner false-claiming, he would maybe cover him for N2, but he wouldn't make it even worse by lying himself, would he?

So I don't think we should lynch Nightfall tomorrow.

Seol: In think he's good enough of a player to be pushing his partner's lynch, or not object to his vig-killing. Note that he didn't give us much new arguments to go after Commodore. He just saw the rather strong evidence I gave against him, and then just copied that. That seems a lot like "staying friends" with the innocents by joining them in the argument against their partner who's about to be killed. By the way, Seol also argued a lot against Mike. I don't think that makes him townie. That's why I made that comment to Commodore at the end (that his guilt doesn't make Seol innocent for me). I regret doing that now, because it might very well get me night-killed. And of course there's all the other arguments against him from Day 1 & 2.

Mr Stoofer: He's doing exactly what a good, vanilla, but unconfirmed townie should do in his situation: keeping a low profile, but still posting regularly, giving his opinion on who's scummy, but not trying to guide the town, agreeing to follow the confirmed people, even to his own lynch. The funny thing is, that's my only reason for suspecting him. He's going out his way to be in the town's good graces, being modest so no one suspects him. After all, if he's mafia, he should do exactly the same thing: no one is really suspecting him, so there's no need to try to guide the town in another direction.

So in conclusion, if Commodore dies tonight and is scum, we have two chances to lynch the final mafia. In that case I think we should kill Seol first, and probably win. If not, we still have another chance and then we should think long and hard about Nightfall or Stoofer. If Commodore dies and is innocent (doubtful but possible), I think we should still lynch Seol first, and then probably Nightfall, because to be fair to Commodore, he was the one pushing for the theory that Mike and Nightfall were both scum.

So that's the plan I will be following tomorrow if I'm alive. If I die, I'll be sad , but I'm confident that the town will emerge victorious!
d8P wrote:I don't think either of us will die. I'm sure the mafia will off Stewie on the offchance that he doesn't make a choice or misses the deadline, or if he does get a choice in, because he'll be another proven protown role.

We do know that one of the three of us will get it tonight and the mafia made some strange choices in this game, but I'm sure we have it in the bag anyway.
mikeburnfire
mikeburnfire
Flashy
mikeburnfire
Flashy
Flashy

Post Post #499 (ISO) » Sat Nov 19, 2005 12:44 pm

Post by mikeburnfire »

I knew Nightfall was planning to claim some kind of cop. I said I blocked him Night one and figured he's make a claim that worked with it. Unfortunately, he had already hidden messages in his posts (that I didn't notice). Instead of bending his claim around mine, he tried to bend my claim around his. That was where we made a mistake.

Let that be a lesson to all scum: Be as informed as possible.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”